direstraits: Paxil withdrawal

direstraits

I sure hope it means this DS. How nice you had a good window again...even though followed by the more unpleasant stuff, it's at least a break.

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

thanks,free

congrats on being off  1 year,wonderful! it soundslike you've had much improvement.hope it just gets better and better for you. XO

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

(((DS))) I totally get the back and forth swings, as that seems to be my pattern as well. Hoping it does indeed mean we are getting closer to healing!! Hang in there!

XOXO

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Hi D.S

You mentioned that you were going up & down in moods more rapidly. I'm exactly the same. My last post , was about that.

We are similar , with the "time off drugs", and I wonder if there is a correlation.

Take care,   Love,  Ali.  :)

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Interesting, Ali. I think my time frame is similar as well (12.5 months)?? I wonder if there's anything to this, since I am experiencing the same.

DS, you inspired me with your post about painting your toenails. I did mine yesterday!!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Hi,Ali& luv

yes,let's hope we're getting to the end of this misery.

bad night last night with restless legs,which seemed to improve after I took an Advil& mag. capsule,but then I woke up with stomach pains and loose bowels,oh joy;so today was feeling pretty tired and weepy to start,but improved after hubby andI went for a nice drive and stopped for a late lunch;still was struggling with a lot of ruminating thoughts,tho and guilt over past events-ugh..

glad I inspired you ,luv, :)

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

kind of an up and down day. felt dreadful in the morning ,crying,depressed,obsessing about the past.

hubby and I went out for lunch;still wasn't feeling too good,started getting weepy;felt a little better after eating(especially the chocolate cake-yum)

then did some shopping ,felt a bit more energy;do you believe in signs from the universe? I just happened to come across a shirt that said "you're stronger than you think". I bought it. :)

Ooh... Chocolate cake... Wish I could eat that. Glad you got at least some enjoyment out of the day!

YES! I would have bought that shirt too!!

XOXO

crushing depression...don't feel like I can survive this..will I ever be normal again...just can't do this anymore...so tired.

why have I suffered so much in this life..I'm not a bad person.

You can survive this! And, you will.

I know how it feels to ask those questions about suffering. I look around and I have suffered more in 31 years than most people do in a lifetime. But, I have found that comparing myself to others is a quick ride down the rabbit hole to despair. So, I am actively resisting entertaining those thoughts. It's the one of the only things I can do to help myself.

I'm so sorry you have had to deal and cope with so much in your life. All I know is that if we are getting rewarded and punished based on our behavior in this life.... Whoever is keeping score is obviously drunk. Because, some of the worst people I know have the easiest lives and some of the most gentle, loving people I know have had the crap kicked out of them by life.

You ARE a good person. Don't ever question that. I was taught to "do unto others as I would have them do to me" which is all fine and dandy, but I was often nicer to others than I was to myself. Now, I remind myself to "do unto myself as I would do unto others", to give myself the same compassion and empathy as I would give someone in my situation.

Be kind and gentle with yourself, you are worth it... XOXO

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

thinking of you DS and sending thoughts of healing. I understand too, about the questions regarding suffering. Like WF, I find comparing to make matters worse...but having deeper questions can also lead in another direction. I find "why" questions tend to lead me nowhere, but "how" questions can be fruitful at times. As in, how can I meet this suffering, or how can I be more compassionate towards myself. Tara Brach talks about a kind of mantra she uses in times of real difficulty, "may this suffering awake compassion".

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

thanks,WF and free for your caring,compassion,encouragement and advice...I appreciate it so much.

you know,I feel like  I've received more love and compassion from many of you here than I ever received from my own family.

I don't think I ever felt real unconditional love from them;I feel like the older I get the more clearly I see just how awful the whole situation was...my mom only seemed to be interested in my disabled daughter;she didn't have to worry about having a real relationship there...that always hurt me so much ...no wonder I got depressed....ugh,just don't wanna think about anything anymore.

wish I could just forget the past and move on.

Direstraits I also feel this suffering too much..I'm so sorry big hugs to you xxxx

Yes, wildflower, whoever is keeping score must be blazing drunk lol!

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

thanks,Love...sending big hugs backto you xxx

Hi Direstraits-- It may not be possible to forget the past, but it is possible to learn to not think about it.  It took me a while but I finally realized that the past is over and done with and the only way it can effect me is if I let it.  Things that were done, things that were not done, things said or not said have no direct effect on what is happening right now, only the effect you choose to let them have.  Takes a bit of practice but it can really lighten the load.

((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

thank you,brass

I don't know why I obsess so much,maybe part of WD?

I really need to occupy my mind more with other things;my husband just got connect for X-box 1 and we're gonna start exercising,so I'm looking forwardto that..

appreciate the hugs xo

Hi DireStraits.

Just keep wearing that  T-shirt,  "you're stronger than you think " !!! :)    Love,  Ali . xx

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

hello direstraits i have never written to do, but all these weeks i am feeling like you. Hope we all recover soon.

history:

2004-2009: paroxetine 20 mg.

may 2009 to december 2009: mirtazapine 30 mg

january 2010-july 2010: prozac 20 mg

september 2010-december 2011: escitalpram 10 mg and march 2012 to december 2012: escitalopram 15 mg

march 2013-16 june 2014: venlafaxine 75 mg: cold turkey

6th september 2014 escitalopram 10 mg tapering it in 1 mg /month until june 2015: tapering made in 6 months but have no respected 10% result: w/d symptoms  

20 july 2015 reinstated 5 mg escitalopram and decided when stable to taper only 10%/month. I also take Mg, fish oil, vit C, E and multivitaminic with minerals,. Increase to 6 mg escitalopram on 14th august. Increase to 7 mg on 23th august, with 1 mg klonopin to help sleep. Updose to 10 mg on 28th august ( because of horrible depression and suicidal), and pray i made a good choice.

Hi,Ali,you're asweetheart-think of you often and hope you'll be able to sleep..XO

Hi Raul,I read your thread and sorry you suffer so much-hang in there ,it will get better...love ds

oh, and I love your kitties,they're adorable! I have 2 kitties myself.

I don't know why I obsess so much,maybe part of WD?

I really need to occupy my mind more with other things;my husband just got connect for X-box 1 and we're gonna start exercising,so I'm looking forwardto that..

Ruminating does seem to be a common theme during WD. However, I also think it brings us face-to-face to some of the stuff that led us to AD in the first place...which is often those childhood themes or others from the past. Those things that are held in the body will only temporarily lift through distraction or avoidance. And sometimes, doing that is a good idea--and we can face them when we are in a better place to do so. But personally, distraction alone has not been an answer over the long term.

I have found some combination of reflection, feeling things in the body, distraction, and just getting myself moving has been my way through. The amount of each of those varies all the time. There is no set pattern or amount of time of what will work on that particular day. I have to just feel into each moment and sense what is right for me then.

That being said, I have found a big difference in the amount of rumination since I started exercising more and playing video games. Sitting in my chair and ruminating is different than when I'm walking or riding my bike. I may still be thinking of something, but I'm also focused on the trees, birds, the sun and air on my skin and I feel less isolated. Nature provides a context for things, where I tend to not get as stuck. Moving my body helps things to move through more quickly. When I feel stronger physically, I find myself more able to meet emotional or mental difficulties too.

There's a kind of discernment that grows from trying things and seeing what happens. I know for example, what happens when something is calling me internally and I chose to avoid it. It will keep on calling, in louder and louder messages, until I get it. But if it's just an old mental pattern and I find a way to shift myself away from it, I feel markedly different. I'll tend to feel better, rather than worse, from shifting gears.

WD in some ways, can be a call to face things from the past. But I think it can also be a call to find new ways of facing those things, as well as beginning to build the kind of new life that we want.

This is all my opinion of course, and every person finds what is unique to them through this process...I just wanted to share some of my thoughts..for you to take or leave in whatever way suits you...

And I agree with Ali about the tshirt.

Current Medications:

Mary Oliver

always glad to hear from you,freespirit.you have so much wisdom and give me a lot to think about...thank you.

I sometimes feel like Iwould need several lifetimes to  overcome what I've been through in this one..

it all seems so unbelievable to me at times ,like I still can't wrap my brain around it all...overwhelming...I remember when I had come off the drugs before ,saying to my husband "I feel overwhelmed by my life".

Anyway,I'm just so fatigued today,but inner restlessness,just about made it thru food shopping,just hoping for a window soon..

sending love & healing thoughts..xo

((((DS))))

You are such a dear kind soul. You've spent your whole life taking care of others. I understand this so well, having been a mother and caretaker myself for the majority of my life. I still am.

Sweetheart, I think what you and I are experiencing, for the first time, is what it feels like to put ourselves first. Unfortunately, in the midst of withdrawal, focusing on ourselves and how we are feeling is miserable a lot of the time.

Your life has been tough, tougher than most people could have ever handled. But you lived it bravely, selflessly and compassionately. You are a shining example of the best attributes in the human spirit, of which we are all capable, but which you actually put into action with the caring of your daughter, the obedience and respect you gave your mother and the loving companionship you gave to your husband. God bless you for showing the rest of us what is humanly possible in the face of adversity.

Please don't look at your past as negative, when you have given your life to caring for your loved ones and have provided so many of us with the path we can choose to take that can change the lives of others for the better.

I love and respect you so much, Pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

(((DS))) Thinking of you. So sorry you're having such a rough time!

XOXO

Oh,Pug,you dear lady,I'm just overwhelmed by the love and support I've received from you and others here.

you all mean the world to me and I wish you all the best of what life has to offer.

love you all.

XOXO

well,I managed to take a short walk this morning...better than nothing,

I think I have to try to keep moving,no matter how I feel...I've just never experienced this much exhaustion before...

depression was bad yesterday morning,doing better today...legs are weird ,tho last night and today...never know what will happen next <_<

It will change, D.S.  None of this " stays the same". :)<_<  Hang in there, girlfriend !!.     Love,   Ali.

Yes it's so unpredictable isn't it

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

well,I managed to take a short walk this morning...better than nothing,

I think I have to try to keep moving,no matter how I feel...I've just never experienced this much exhaustion before...

depression was bad yesterday morning,doing better today...legs are weird ,tho last night and today...never know what will happen next <_<

Good for you! Movement of any kind helps me immensely, both physically and mentally. Keep your exercise slow and steady. You may have aches if your body is fatigued and not used to much movement, but you will see a lift in your mood if you keep up movement / exercise.

Happy walking!

Be kind to yourself, lovely. You are stronger than you believe you are.

Love and hugs as always xxx

1999 - 2004 Paroxetine 20mg  -> 2004 - 2007 Citalopram 20mg -> 2007 -  short term Trazedone use (insomnia) -> 2007 - 2009 Fluoxetine 20mg  ->

2009 - Jan 2012 Citalopram 20mg  (Spring / Summer 2012 protracted withdrawal & related agoraphobia) -> 2012 - September Restarted Citalopram - unbearable start up effects. Discontinued in under 1 week -> Oct 12 -   October 2014 Escitalopram - 10mg prescribed. Started on 5mg and worked up to 10mg in 2.5mg increments  -> Oct 2014  - 5mg; 30/03/15 2.5mg; 15/04/15 3.5mg; 20/05/15 2.9mg;  19/09/15 2.8mg; 30/10/15 2.7mg; 13/11/15 2.6mg. Holding until March.

Diet:  mostly pescatarianl & lots of veg. Weekly offal for b vitamins.  Turmeric, nigella seeds, avocados, apple cider vinegar, coconut products daily. Lots of fluids: water, lemon juice, coconut water, herbal & green tea (decaffeinated).

Supplements: vitamin C 4000mg, Omega 3 fish oil - high DPA & EHA, vitamin E 400iu, vitamin D3 5000mg (Winter only - from sun in Spring / Summer), probiotics.

Current Symptoms: chronic fatigue, erratic sleep, extreme photophobia, eye floaters, noise sensitivity, tinnitus, cognitive & speech difficulties, dizziness, irregular gait, poor co ordination, severe facial and upper body muscle tension, head and neck pressure.

Coping Strategies: good nutrition, cooking, gardening & growing my own food, cycling, dancing, yoga, photography, sewing & creative pursuits, self massage, pampering, meditation, journalling, nature, cuddling cats & humans, laughter & humour, gratitude, self care, aromatherapy, audio books, word games & believing in myself, my potential and my future.

"Everything I need is within me" - Shakti Gawain

Thinking of you, DS. You're so right. We never know what will happen next.

XOXO

Hi DS. I am posting this tonight to friends I have made here in the hope that it will bring the comfort it has brought to me in the past.

Love & hugs as always.

Tilly x

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be critical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy.

© Max Ehrmann 1927

1999 - 2004 Paroxetine 20mg  -> 2004 - 2007 Citalopram 20mg -> 2007 -  short term Trazedone use (insomnia) -> 2007 - 2009 Fluoxetine 20mg  ->

2009 - Jan 2012 Citalopram 20mg  (Spring / Summer 2012 protracted withdrawal & related agoraphobia) -> 2012 - September Restarted Citalopram - unbearable start up effects. Discontinued in under 1 week -> Oct 12 -   October 2014 Escitalopram - 10mg prescribed. Started on 5mg and worked up to 10mg in 2.5mg increments  -> Oct 2014  - 5mg; 30/03/15 2.5mg; 15/04/15 3.5mg; 20/05/15 2.9mg;  19/09/15 2.8mg; 30/10/15 2.7mg; 13/11/15 2.6mg. Holding until March.

Diet:  mostly pescatarianl & lots of veg. Weekly offal for b vitamins.  Turmeric, nigella seeds, avocados, apple cider vinegar, coconut products daily. Lots of fluids: water, lemon juice, coconut water, herbal & green tea (decaffeinated).

Supplements: vitamin C 4000mg, Omega 3 fish oil - high DPA & EHA, vitamin E 400iu, vitamin D3 5000mg (Winter only - from sun in Spring / Summer), probiotics.

Current Symptoms: chronic fatigue, erratic sleep, extreme photophobia, eye floaters, noise sensitivity, tinnitus, cognitive & speech difficulties, dizziness, irregular gait, poor co ordination, severe facial and upper body muscle tension, head and neck pressure.

Coping Strategies: good nutrition, cooking, gardening & growing my own food, cycling, dancing, yoga, photography, sewing & creative pursuits, self massage, pampering, meditation, journalling, nature, cuddling cats & humans, laughter & humour, gratitude, self care, aromatherapy, audio books, word games & believing in myself, my potential and my future.

thank you,Tilly...xoxo

You're so welcome xxx

awful day after an awful night...woke at night with restless legs,terrible anxiety,felt like I was losing my mind...no appetite today,eyes are very bad,blurry,light sensitive,burning,just wanna give up...I'm so tired and hopeless..

also,it's been adifficult week with my friend in the hospital with acute kidney failure and I finally got my partial denture and it feels like a torture device,so disappointed ...

16 mos. off tomorrow...when does it end?

((((DS))))

My sweet friend, I'm sorry you are suffering so intensely. I'm putting my arm around your shoulder, hugging you close to me.

Today is rough. Let it wash over you. Tomorrow will be a huge improvement over today. Let yourself feel the betterment of every good day, like you experience the difficulty of each bad one.

You are healing, sweetheart. The month you are in is of no importance, unless you focus on it. Focus, instead, on the healing that's going on. The pain and suffering you are experiencing is concrete evidence that your brain is doing its job, trying to "right" itself. Take heart in the fact that you feel horrible and that means your brain is healthy and working feverishly to bring everything back "online" so you can have a healthy happy life. 16 is just a number. So is 10. So is 22. It doesn't matter. You are drug free, my friend. Your body and brain are healing and getting closer to complete recovery every single awful excruciating day.

I love you, Pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Thanks so much,Pug

I'm just so depressed but your words are uplifting...hope you're doing OK.

Love,ds

SOS sorry DS hugs xx you are not alone..xx