direstraits: Paxil withdrawal

direstraits

Not sure if this is true for you DS or others...but I find a lot of symptoms increase with change of seasons. More temp. regulation issues, more dry or sore eyes, worse joint and muscle pain, and with the fall, changes in mood too..and not for the better. Less energy too. For me, some of these things were true before WD, but are much more heightened now. And I hear you on feeling worn down from long periods of feeling unwell in one way or another. Haven't done so for a bit, but I'm going to take a short nap this afternoon. What did you decide on your supplements?

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

Hi,free-

yes,I think the change in seasons has an effect on me,even before WD. especially going into fall.

I know I always feel worse on cloudy,rainy days,also.

I'm taking the fish oil & mag. more regularly now and I'm also starting vitamin D,so will see how it goes.

hope you're well,ds

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Hi D.S,

I think the seasons have a definite effect, on mood .  I don't know if it's the Vitamin D, sunlight ( or lack of), or the fact that we feel like doing less & hibernating more, when it's getting cold outside.  I'm like you -  I hate cloudy , rainy days !!

I have been " upping" my vitamin D, and I think it's helping.    Fish oil & Mag are  the "basics" that we need, if we can " tolerate" them, in my opinion.

Keep hanging on, the best you can. 

Love,  Ali.   :)

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

I think that's good to give the supplements a go in this way DS. I hope you find some help with taking them consistently for awhile. When I lived in sunnier climes, fall used to be one of my favorite seasons...but not so much here. It's been harder since my wife died....have a lot of dread around long, dark evenings with too much time to ruminate. I'm trying to accept having less energy than in the summer...but I'm missing the fun I was having. Have you tried out your video games yet? I borrowed a couple, to see if I want to buy them...it's a good thing for winter months I find.

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

I do enjoy the fall weather ,after all the summer heat,and like seeing the trees change color.

but I guess it's also  a time of withdrawing ( no pun intended) more into one;s self and self contemplation...and then winter itself really represents "death"...boy,I sound so depressing,sorry....but I understand your not looking forward to that,me neither.

anyway,I'm just in an awful place,not feeling well at all,mentally nor physically,although I did sleep better last night...just hoping for some relief soon.

I'm not really into the video games,like my husband is;looking forward more to the yoga,pilates etc. when I feel up to it.

sending love & hugs,ds

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

But it is all a cycle DS,  in the midst of the "death" of winter the sun is "reborn" to renew the light and bring the spring.  So, as with WD, we move from a place of darkness into a place of light and new growth.  Winter is only considered "death" as it is the passing of the old into the regeneration of the new.  It is a time of contemplation, reflection and removing the "old dead wood" so that the new growth has a clean field in which to grow.

I'll go back to my mountain top now.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

thank you,my wise guru... :) xx

Sorry you aren't feeling well DS. I hope that being able to rest will help some.

Brassmonkey is right of course about the cycles of things. I used to look forward more to being inward...but that's what I've mostly been doing during the past number of years..and I think to myself, "again!"..

I was thinking of this quote by May Sarton though:

LETTING GO

I think of the trees and how simply they let go, let fall the riches of a season, how without grief (it seems) they can let go and go deep into their roots for renewal and sleep… Imitate the trees. Learn to lose in order to recover, and remember that nothing stays the same for long, not even pain, psychic pain. Sit it out. Let it all pass. Let it go.

-- May Sarton

Current Medications:

Mary Oliver

• Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you aren't feeling well DS. I hope that being able to rest will help some.

Brassmonkey is right of course about the cycles of things. I used to look forward more to being inward...but that's what I've mostly been doing during the past number of years..and I think to myself, "again!"..

I was thinking of this quote by May Sarton though:

LETTING GO

I think of the trees and how simply they let go, let fall the riches of a season, how without grief (it seems) they can let go and go deep into their roots for renewal and sleep… Imitate the trees. Learn to lose in order to recover, and remember that nothing stays the same for long, not even pain, psychic pain. Sit it out. Let it all pass. Let it go.

-- May Sarton

What a beautiful and timely quote!  Thank you.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

that's beautiful,freespirit...thanks for that.

I finally managed to get dressed,make the bed.made myself eat alittlle something,then sat out on the front porch for a bit ,it's a beautiful fall day and anice gentle breeze was blowing;it felt nice.I watched the kids go by coming from school and thought back to when I was young and how fast it all goes by and we have to try to appreciate every day no matter how we feel.

sending love and healing thoughts. xo

I got a tattoo a few weeks ago with a quote that I love...

The quote is... And in time, this too shall pass..

And at the of the quote is a semi colon butterfly. The semi colon symbolizes that a author could have ended the sentence or continue it ... as is life...

It stands for people who suffer anxiety, depression, etc.. so, when I'm having a bad time I always tell myself... This too shall pass.. it can't last forever..

Been on Paxil since 96”-97”, 40mg tried 3 times to get off and didn’t work, started a very slow taper Jan 2016, have only dropped down by 3 mg.. on 37mg currently.. have very delayed withdrawals. Last drop was in July 2017.. still have waves and windows. 

Magnesium 200mg, foilc acid 1 mg, vitamin d3 5000iu, Blood pressure meds-Verapamil & Irbesartan... Smoke cbd flower once in awhile. 

thanks,dreamspirit,that's cool you got atattoo...I love butterflies.too.

Nice post DS xxxx :)

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

why aren't you asleep at this hour,Love? xo

that's beautiful,freespirit...thanks for that.

I finally managed to get dressed,make the bed.made myself eat alittlle something,then sat out on the front porch for a bit ,it's a beautiful fall day and anice gentle breeze was blowing;it felt nice.I watched the kids go by coming from school and thought back to when I was young and how fast it all goes by and we have to try to appreciate every day no matter how we feel.

sending love and healing thoughts. xo

I'm glad you got outside and did a few nice things for yourself. Those small things make all the difference I think...including remembering some gratitude for being alive.

I didn't feel like it, but walked outside, rode my indoor bike, and did an hour of qi gong yesterday. We are supposed to get more sun over this next week, so I'll be out as much as I can to catch those last rays.

Current Medications:

Mary Oliver

Hi ds

I'm so sorry to hear that you are struggling so much. Withdrawal symptoms can cause so much distress and make us believe that the symptoms that we are currently experiencing will never abate. They will. Remind yourself of this and do whatever you can to bring the smallest comfort during this time to access relief.

The seasons / nature can bring us both joy and grief. But with each season brings change. Nothing ever stays the same. These feelings are not permanent. Each cloud holds a rainbow. You will get through this :)

I am thinking of you.

Sending love & hugs your way as always.

Tilly x

1999 - 2004 Paroxetine 20mg  -> 2004 - 2007 Citalopram 20mg -> 2007 -  short term Trazedone use (insomnia) -> 2007 - 2009 Fluoxetine 20mg  ->

2009 - Jan 2012 Citalopram 20mg  (Spring / Summer 2012 protracted withdrawal & related agoraphobia) -> 2012 - September Restarted Citalopram - unbearable start up effects. Discontinued in under 1 week -> Oct 12 -   October 2014 Escitalopram - 10mg prescribed. Started on 5mg and worked up to 10mg in 2.5mg increments  -> Oct 2014  - 5mg; 30/03/15 2.5mg; 15/04/15 3.5mg; 20/05/15 2.9mg;  19/09/15 2.8mg; 30/10/15 2.7mg; 13/11/15 2.6mg. Holding until March.

Diet:  mostly pescatarianl & lots of veg. Weekly offal for b vitamins.  Turmeric, nigella seeds, avocados, apple cider vinegar, coconut products daily. Lots of fluids: water, lemon juice, coconut water, herbal & green tea (decaffeinated).

Supplements: vitamin C 4000mg, Omega 3 fish oil - high DPA & EHA, vitamin E 400iu, vitamin D3 5000mg (Winter only - from sun in Spring / Summer), probiotics.

Current Symptoms: chronic fatigue, erratic sleep, extreme photophobia, eye floaters, noise sensitivity, tinnitus, cognitive & speech difficulties, dizziness, irregular gait, poor co ordination, severe facial and upper body muscle tension, head and neck pressure.

Coping Strategies: good nutrition, cooking, gardening & growing my own food, cycling, dancing, yoga, photography, sewing & creative pursuits, self massage, pampering, meditation, journalling, nature, cuddling cats & humans, laughter & humour, gratitude, self care, aromatherapy, audio books, word games & believing in myself, my potential and my future.

"Everything I need is within me" - Shakti Gawain

Hi.Tilly,

thanks for stopping by..so nice to hear from you..I hope you're doing well.

actually,it feels like things are starting to change for the better,I'm always afraid to say too much, but will see what happens next..

sending love & hugs your way,ds

DS, I so hope you are right, and things are starting to change for the better! I do know what you mean, though, about being afraid to say too much!

XOXO

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Hi.Tilly,

thanks for stopping by..so nice to hear from you..I hope you're doing well.

actually,it feels like things are starting to change for the better,I'm always afraid to say too much, but will see what happens next..

sending love & hugs your way,ds

Good to hear, ds  :)

You are in my thoughts, as always.

Be kind to yourself. 

Tilly x

1999 - 2004 Paroxetine 20mg  -> 2004 - 2007 Citalopram 20mg -> 2007 -  short term Trazedone use (insomnia) -> 2007 - 2009 Fluoxetine 20mg  ->

2009 - Jan 2012 Citalopram 20mg  (Spring / Summer 2012 protracted withdrawal & related agoraphobia) -> 2012 - September Restarted Citalopram - unbearable start up effects. Discontinued in under 1 week -> Oct 12 -   October 2014 Escitalopram - 10mg prescribed. Started on 5mg and worked up to 10mg in 2.5mg increments  -> Oct 2014  - 5mg; 30/03/15 2.5mg; 15/04/15 3.5mg; 20/05/15 2.9mg;  19/09/15 2.8mg; 30/10/15 2.7mg; 13/11/15 2.6mg. Holding until March.

Diet:  mostly pescatarianl & lots of veg. Weekly offal for b vitamins.  Turmeric, nigella seeds, avocados, apple cider vinegar, coconut products daily. Lots of fluids: water, lemon juice, coconut water, herbal & green tea (decaffeinated).

Supplements: vitamin C 4000mg, Omega 3 fish oil - high DPA & EHA, vitamin E 400iu, vitamin D3 5000mg (Winter only - from sun in Spring / Summer), probiotics.

Current Symptoms: chronic fatigue, erratic sleep, extreme photophobia, eye floaters, noise sensitivity, tinnitus, cognitive & speech difficulties, dizziness, irregular gait, poor co ordination, severe facial and upper body muscle tension, head and neck pressure.

Coping Strategies: good nutrition, cooking, gardening & growing my own food, cycling, dancing, yoga, photography, sewing & creative pursuits, self massage, pampering, meditation, journalling, nature, cuddling cats & humans, laughter & humour, gratitude, self care, aromatherapy, audio books, word games & believing in myself, my potential and my future.

thanks,Tilly,

unfortunately I'm back to feeling awful...the weather's been cool and rainy,so that doesn't help...so tired.

sounds likeyou're not too good either...hope we both get relief soon..hugs,ds

D.S.

How's the " Tour de S.A." training going ?  :)  :unsure: . LOL !!   

Ali.    ( Don't give in ! )

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Hi DS,

The rain sucks....I find it not helpful emotionally or physically...I guess that means we need a really sunny place for the tour de SA. Hope you get some sunshine there soon..and your mood lifts again. Take care.

Current Medications:

Mary Oliver

thanks Ali & free.

just in a bad place mentally& physically...so exhausted and down...life feels meaningless...was crying to my husband fri. night that I wanted to die...17 mos. off today ,just feel hopeless...sorry.

weather is supposed to improve starting tomorrow,maybe that will help...

love you guys

• Administrator

ds, what is your symptom pattern now?

Have you had your thyroid labs checked recently? The dosage needs adjustment from time to time.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi,Alto,thanks for your concern.I feel hot inside alot,legs often feel odd,hard to describe,usually at night..maybe RLS,burning feet,usually more noticable when I go to bed at night,fatigue,burning,blurry eyes,facial tics that worsen when I'm stressed,inner restlessness,just feel miserable.

It has been awhile since lab work.I remember them saying that the dose needed to be adjusted but all they told me to do was take 25 mcg.s a day instead of the 50 mcg.s I was taking every other day at the time,I thought that was the same dose,really,but they seemed to think it would make adifference...I think I need to find a new Dr.also I notice my temp. is below normal even tho I feel feverish.

was wondering if having tooth pulled last tues. threw me off again..plus we went from sunny and 80's to cool and rainy suddenly..weather is improving again, hope I will too.​

was wondering if having tooth pulled last tues. threw me off again..plus we went from sunny and 80's to cool and rainy suddenly..weather is improving again, hope I will too.​

Hi DS,

I had a wisdom tooth extracted in July. I developed fever and flu like symptoms the same evening, lethargy and general illness that lasted 3 weeks. I'm convinced that this surgery impacted my immune function, amplified by withdrawal.

I hope that you are feeling more stable very soon.

Tilly x

thanks,Tilly.

Hi DS

Am catching up on threads as haven't been on here lately.

Sorry to read you are not so well. I don't think the onset of Autumn helps and what it brings - dark evenings and colder weather. It's also heading to the end of the year too which can be a low time I know.

But you are doing so well and getting through the bad days. Don't give up some good days will be with you soon.

Sending you lots of love

Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

thanks for stopping by,Flowers,much appreciated.

sounds like you've been through a lot lately..hope you're doing better soon.

love,ds

Hey, DS! Yes, I would imagine the tooth extraction could throw you off... That and the changing seasons! Praying you feel better soon!

XOXO

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

just popping in to see how you are....we all need a rest from this...Please Lord hear my cry

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft
skipped doses every other day for a year and started having anxiety again in March 2012
back on at 50mgs Dec 2013
started taper from benzos April 2014 per Heather Ashton method (c/o from kpin to diazepam)
March 2015 started 1.25mg lorazepam
Tapered off Zoloft in May off in 4 weeks...5 weeks later crashing AGAIN. Dr wanted to start Gabapentin tried it 7 days
Symptoms :burning eyes, anxiety, pounding heart, dizzy, strange head feeling, internal shaking, Overall UNWELL
Taking lorazepam 1.25mg daily

tell me about it Lainey...had an awful day, just sick to death of this...thanks for your concern...hope we all get relief soon. xo

Hi  D.S,

Stopping by to cheer you on.  It seems never ending doesn't it ?  I get it  !!   I'm 12 days behind you .-   nearly  17 months .  Enormous amounts of patience, are needed for this " hellish " journey, but we will get there in the end.  Hang in & hang on.   " This too, shall pass."

Ali  X  

thanks for stopping by,Ali...yes,this takes the patience of Job!! but what choice do we have?

going to fall festival today with my family..hope I survive..wish me luck. :unsure:

hope you're getting some sleep.

Just wanted to stop by and wish you well, DS. Have not been on much. Not really much to say. How did the fall festival go? Hope you were able to enjoy the time with your family!

XOXO