Moonlitelotus: introduction/body zaps/questions

Moonlitelotus

• Moderator Emeritus

I just need to sleep but my body still won't let me. I keep trying not to freak out and to meditate. It's just scary I can't even sleep a minute and I don't know how I can help myself sleep.

For some people, insomnia is one of the symptoms which comes with waves, I'm sorry you're having problems sleeping Moonlight.  Have a look through this topic:

Important topics about symptoms, including sleep problems

If you're not able to sleep, just rest and don't worry about not sleeping, it will happen when your mind and body calm down again.

There's something I want to mention which may help, something I've noticed/learned from going through this.  Its also what someone else told me, I'm not sure who it was.  When we are in a window, its easy to overdo things, to do too much, to try and make the most of feeling better.  But what I've found is if I do much more than what I usually do, I crash suddenly and the wave which follows is usually worse.  So now, when I'm feeling better, I continue taking good care of myself and making sure I don't do too much or increase stress, even though I feel like it would be ok.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Yeah I was doing ok taking it easy until the sensory deprivation thing. I didn't think it would hurt me. Then it made me completely crash. Now I feel fearful it will take a long time to calm down. Is a wave that is caused by something still a wave of healing??

I started out on zoloft 50 mg or 20mg (can't remember at that point) and was on it for a few months then decided I didn't want to take it because of the side effects so I cold turkey'd it and then was miserable and reinstated and all my symptoms went away and I felt normal. Stayed on it for a while tried lexapro 5mg for a month or two instead to see if I had less side effects. Then switched back to zoloft 20mg I think and weaned down to 6mg and jumped off too soon because it supposedly wasn't a "therapeutic dose" and was told it would be ok. Then I was going through withdrawal again so I reinstated again after about a month I switched to prozac because it's easier to wean off of supposedly. Weaned off over 9 month from 8mg Prozac. Then two months after stopping it on September 2, 2014. I went into withdrawal.

18 months off as of March 2, 2016

Yes, you are still healing, Moonlite. Every single minute, awake or asleep, you are healing and recovering. ((((PugHugs))))

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Aww pug hugs!! Thanks :)

I started out on zoloft 50 mg or 20mg (can't remember at that point) and was on it for a few months then decided I didn't want to take it because of the side effects so I cold turkey'd it and then was miserable and reinstated and all my symptoms went away and I felt normal. Stayed on it for a while tried lexapro 5mg for a month or two instead to see if I had less side effects. Then switched back to zoloft 20mg I think and weaned down to 6mg and jumped off too soon because it supposedly wasn't a "therapeutic dose" and was told it would be ok. Then I was going through withdrawal again so I reinstated again after about a month I switched to prozac because it's easier to wean off of supposedly. Weaned off over 9 month from 8mg Prozac. Then two months after stopping it on September 2, 2014. I went into withdrawal.

You're welcome. I wake up out of a dead sleep every morning at 3am with cortisol surges, heart palps and panic attacks. Insomnia is no picnic. The dark circles under my eyes are growing nipples.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Lmao! I've never heard that before that's hilarious! I was sleeping great until I had this wave attack me. :( I was doing so good now I feel worse than ever. I would probably feel better with some sleep.

I can't stop shivering. Been shivering most of the day. I get cold so easily then it's hard to get warm. Miserable does not begin to explain the way I feel. The way I feel right now feels like my nervous system is going to take a ehile to stabilize. :/ how did I destablize it that bad :(

• Moderator Emeritus

I thought it was that as windows get longer and more clear waves get shorter and less intense? 

actually, the waves get shorter and more intense.  At least that's my understanding, from reading lots of stories here in SA.  I haven't had waves and windows myself.  I've been mostly clear, with times of deep intensity, and then gone to flat, then trouble, then a bright spot - but it's not exactly the wd pattern of "waves and windows"

But this intensity is why people who are tapering, go v-e-r-y--s-l-o-w-l-y at the end, because it can take you by surprise.  You think you're out of the woods, then a bear grabs you and drags you back to his cave.....

Welcome to the Insomnia Club.  Read about others' insomnia and coping mechanisms here: Sleep problems

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• Moderator Emeritus

Also - because you are having this intensity - means that your brain is healing.  You are suffering, but it's a good sign.  I know that seems paradoxical, but it's true, as your brain is trying to find its balance, it will knock you about.   :wacko:

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

I keep the heat on all the time because I'm always cold.

Thanks Jan that helps me to understand the intense waves better. I finally slept. I laid next to my mom in her bed and that was comforting. I kept telling my body it was ok to relax and go to sleep that it was safe. It seemed to help and I didn't have to drink tea or take anything to help the sleep come. Just feeling safe by my mom did the trick I think. But my goodness everything is so much worse when sleep deprived not to mention PMSing and a wave. When I get hit with something it's always has to be a double whammy. A few weeks ago it was the flu and a wave remember? Geeze. I am still groggy and don't feel the best today but not nearly as bad as yesterday. I'm going to try to stay calm and relaxed as possible today. I feel like I could sleep more but I should probably try to stay on a sleep schedule. Thanks everyone for responding and helping me survive yesterday. You have no idea how much I appreciate the support from you.

I am always cold too pugknows! Especially my feet. The are like ice pops sometimes.

Speaking of being cold all the time.. I need to mention that I finally got conclusive blood work done on my thyroid. My doctor released all my other blood work to me but did not release my test for hashimotos thyroidis. She said she needs to discuss my blood work with me. My thyroid is slightly enlarged and has been for sometime. But my old doctor always ignored it and said It was fine and not enlargred and wanted to just label me with a panic disorder. Well I've had three other doctors look at my thyroid, my gynecologist mentioned about two years ago it seemed enlarged, then my naturopath looked at blood work that my old doctor said was fine and said he would have me on thyriod Meds, which I tried for 4 days but decided to get new blood work to know for sure. Then I have a new doctor who felt my thyroid and thought it was enlarged and she ran new blood work and a test for hashimotos which my old doctor never ran. So now on the 17th I will finally know what is going on with my thyroid. All my other blood work came back great and was released all but the thyroid test so I have a feeling something came back on that one and that's what she wants to talk to me about. So maybe if I did have a thyroid problem that has been being ignored for so long that I will be able to get treatment for it and maybe that will help something's feel better and my body can recover. What are others experience with thyroid and hashimotos with withdrawals?

Muscle weakness feeling in withdrawal is normal right? I've been getting it in different spots. Sometimes just my legs sometimes just my upper arms and shoulder blades. Sometimes my lower back. Sometimes all at once. I keep telling myself it's just withdrawal but then there's that little voice in my head that doesn't shut up sometimes and says what if it's something else!

This feels like forever. I feel discouraged seeing how long people suffer with this. I don't know how I will bare to suffer so long.

That magnesium sulfate threw me into such a horrible wave. I just know it. I can't believe how sick I feel right now. I can't even hardly eat or handle much of anything, noise or anything like that. I'm afraid I'll starve to death. I even gag sometimes when I try to eat or think about eating. Sometimes I can only take a few bites of things. I am so sad. I didn't mean to destabilize my nervous system AGAIN. I'm trying to stay calm because I know getting upset won't help at all but I also just want to cry. I'm so disappointed. I feel like if I just didn't di that stupid bath I wouldn't be this bad. I am able to sleep somewhat the last two nights so I guess that's better and I'm not vibrating but I still can't eat. Has anyone not been able to eat during there waves? I'm afraid I destablized my nervous system so bad that maybe it will take a long time to get back to where I was. I try to be brave and handle this but I'm not very good at this. Maybe I'm not mature enough to be good at handling this stress. how long do yours guys waves last? Have any of you guys set yourself back by doing something you thought would help you?

I'm a skeleton with crepe paper skin. I can rest my chin on my bony sternum.

I eat alot of bananas when I feel nauseous. Good for magnesium and potassium and I can hold them down. Usually at night I can eat something heavier so I eat ceareal or yogourt or something. I try to pick what has the most vitamins because of my muscle spasms. I need magnesium and potassium.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

Frustrated have you noticed any improvement from reinstatement? I eat bananas a lot too. I need to start eating again normal soon. My blood work came back low sodium and iron. :/

Pugknows I'm sorry to hear that. I have lost 14 pounds since January.

48 lbs. from 1/2014 to 8/2014. Got you beat.

Yeah you do :/ Im sorry. You are so strong to go thru everything you have gone thru and still be going. I guess luckly before WD I gained 25 pounds so I have some extra to lose.

Wow I have 20 Pounds still to lose but I have lost 25. Not all on purpose. The only thing my reinstatement helped was my intrusive thoughts. All my physical symptoms are still there. Just eat what you can. Today at dinner time I fed the kids pizza and I ate baked potato with a small sprinkle of cheddar melted on top. Lots of potassium and calcium and easier on my stomach.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

I just managed to eat a piece of gluten free cinnamon raisin toast and some blueberries. Gonna try some humus and veggies next. Potatoes are good. I should try to eat them more. When you are in a wave do you wave and window within the wave? You know what I mean like you are in a wave and you have moments when you are ok. Or is it constant symptoms until your next window?

Occasionally I will get small windows in my hell. I had a few moments where I thought my legs were getting better then all of a sudden the muscle twitches came back big time. Now I am tortured again. Hopefully i will get some leg windows again.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

It's always different I hear. I don't get windows, just dirty windshields. Only had a couple of those in 8 months.

I hope you get leg windows again too! Ever since the too much magnesium thing I have been more twitchy and have had muscle weakness too. I didn't have twitches before or muscle weakness really or not as often. :( that's why I thought I made myself worse.

Ugh dirty windshields are better than nothing I guess. :/ You are whitty pugknows I've noticed that. :) have you guys read any threads about seeing improvement at the year mark? Maybe we all will.

I've got a ways to go before a year.

That magnesium sulfate threw me into such a horrible wave. I just know it. I can't believe how sick I feel right now. I can't even hardly eat or handle much of anything, noise or anything like that. I'm afraid I'll starve to death. I even gag sometimes when I try to eat or think about eating. Sometimes I can only take a few bites of things. I am so sad. I didn't mean to destabilize my nervous system AGAIN. I'm trying to stay calm because I know getting upset won't help at all but I also just want to cry. I'm so disappointed. I feel like if I just didn't di that stupid bath I wouldn't be this bad. I am able to sleep somewhat the last two nights so I guess that's better and I'm not vibrating but I still can't eat. Has anyone not been able to eat during there waves? I'm afraid I destablized my nervous system so bad that maybe it will take a long time to get back to where I was. I try to be brave and handle this but I'm not very good at this. Maybe I'm not mature enough to be good at handling this stress. how long do yours guys waves last? Have any of you guys set yourself back by doing something you thought would help you?

Uh yes! I did an elimination diet and ended up going a full 72 hours with no sleep at all. I tried magnesium which gave me suicidal ideation. I tried amino acids early in WD which made me insane. I tried turkey and was close to psychotic. I think it was the tryptophan in it. I could go on and on. You are not alone. Lol

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Did it take you long to get back to baseline symptoms?

I never did get back, but I moved forward, and the symptoms changed, but lessened very very very minimally over time.

You will be ok. :)

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

I'm still very unwell. But, I've been sick really since day one. I've been ill for years. The drug made me sick, now the withdrawal is doing it.

How long have you been off? This withdrawal terrifies me everyday. Especially this wave. I'm afraid of getting worse. I don't mean to be a scardy whiney baby all the time on here but I've got nothing else when I'm alone a lot.

I feel like I need to live in a bubble. I basically do already..

In a bad wave too..your not the only one whining lol x

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

That's so weird how several of us go through waves at the same time... I wonder if there's more to this than we know. Like our bodies are so sensitive that they are in tune with something in the universe and our planet and different shifts throw us into waves. Lol. I dunno it's just kinda strange. Let's hope the planets align the right way again so we can get some windows going around! :)

I was able to eat breakfast this morning. I was actually hungry. I also slept all the way through the night too. I hope I'm coming to the end of this wave now. I feel lethargic still and I started my period so I have cramps and have to deal with that girly crap but other than that I'm not laying in bed in the fetal position like I was. So I guess that's good.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi MLL

I'm glad you are feeling better. Today might be a good day to start down the road of being able to manage your thoughts about withdrawal,and learn about acceptance. You catastrophize your withdrawal symptoms which really doesn't help. Yes your thoughts reflect the fact that you feel bad but you also feel bad because of your thoughts.

The kind of thinking you engage in places a heavy burden on your nervous system. You have the capacity to change this if you set your mind to it. This is one thing about withdrawal where you have the power. Grab hold of that power

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan