Moonlitelotus: introduction/body zaps/questions

Moonlitelotus

Thanks. Yeah that is definitely something I do need to work on and though it may seem like I haven't been I really have been trying. I've been trying all kinds of coping techniques but sometimes it just doesn't work. The fear from the symptoms is just so overwhelming. I have always been a passionate expressive person and so it's hard for me not to express my feelings in some sort of outlet. I'm an emotional person and I have a hard time containing it. But this whole experience is a learning experience for sure. I am learning all kinds of different values, coping skills, etc. but just because my personality is a certain way (emotional person) doesn't mean there can't be balance. I am working on it. Rome wasn't built in a day. I definitely want to do what's best for my nervous system to recover though.

I started out on zoloft 50 mg or 20mg (can't remember at that point) and was on it for a few months then decided I didn't want to take it because of the side effects so I cold turkey'd it and then was miserable and reinstated and all my symptoms went away and I felt normal. Stayed on it for a while tried lexapro 5mg for a month or two instead to see if I had less side effects. Then switched back to zoloft 20mg I think and weaned down to 6mg and jumped off too soon because it supposedly wasn't a "therapeutic dose" and was told it would be ok. Then I was going through withdrawal again so I reinstated again after about a month I switched to prozac because it's easier to wean off of supposedly. Weaned off over 9 month from 8mg Prozac. Then two months after stopping it on September 2, 2014. I went into withdrawal.

18 months off as of March 2, 2016

I'm learning too, and failing a lot :)

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

I seriously learned my lesson from this last wave. If I'm feeling ok just don't do ANYTHING. I know I'll have more waves but hopefully they won't be as severe as this one if I don't do something to aggravate it. Hard lessons to learn..

I started out on zoloft 50 mg or 20mg (can't remember at that point) and was on it for a few months then decided I didn't want to take it because of the side effects so I cold turkey'd it and then was miserable and reinstated and all my symptoms went away and I felt normal. Stayed on it for a while tried lexapro 5mg for a month or two instead to see if I had less side effects. Then switched back to zoloft 20mg I think and weaned down to 6mg and jumped off too soon because it supposedly wasn't a "therapeutic dose" and was told it would be ok. Then I was going through withdrawal again so I reinstated again after about a month I switched to prozac because it's easier to wean off of supposedly. Weaned off over 9 month from 8mg Prozac. Then two months after stopping it on September 2, 2014. I went into withdrawal.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Moonlite - if they want to take your thyroid out - please ENSURE that they do not take your parathyroid out, as well - it eliminates you body's capability of producing Vit D and Calcium, and complicates you with more REQUIRED supplements.

I saw this great video and thought of you:

I hope it helps you understand the way your symptoms change, and the overall process.  It won't be forever, but you do need to wait and be patient.

Some, very rare people have reaction to magnesium.  I have a theory on that - something in them is afraid to relax, and when the magnesium hits it becomes frightening.  That's just my theory.  Because really, other than the shunning rits  :blink: magnesium shouldn't harm you because you eliminate the excess by getting diarrhea.

Take care, thinking of you.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Magnesium gave me issues. I have tried it 2x. And it made me severely depressed. It seems like almost anything can cause a problem in the state we are in. If you were in a pool full of magnesium, I could believe it made you ill.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Thank you Jan for thinking of me. I have watched that video many times. It helps when I feel overwhelmed.

They are not going to take out my thyroid. Even if I had hashimotos that's not the kind where they take out the thyroid. That's an over active thyroid in Graves' disease. I may just have to take a thyroid hormone but I don't know yet and won't know until the 17th.

Magnesium in small doses wasn't bothering me like 2 cups in my bath water but a big epsom salt bath with 800lbs of magnesium sulfate in it is a lot and that was a dumb move. It really messed me up for like a week. It most definitely sent me into that wave. But I think I'm starting to come out of it now.

I have never felt so weak in my life. After another week of nothing but laying around I cleaned my shower and afterward I couldn't believe my lower back was shakey and my legs. I've never been so weak in my life. :/

I am weak like that too. Sometimes holding my arms up for more than a minute hurts. Legs are wobbly too. On b12 and vit d and magnesium but I still feel weak so it must be WD related.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

• Moderator Emeritus

Moonlite writes:  

What are others experience with thyroid and hashimotos with withdrawals? 

The drugs - all of them - but especially the antidepressants and lithium (which I am on) make the thyroid pay a price.  The longer you are on the drug, the worse it can be - but you were only on them for 2 years, not like the 10-20 that many of us have been.  I've seen many people here who have thyroid issues, here is one discussion:  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4672-hashimotos-thyroiditis/?hl=thyroid

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

• Moderator Emeritus

I have a friend with Hashimotos, and they took hers out.  I didn't get the chance to see if they took parathyroid, too.

Thyroid hormone can be activating while you are in withdrawal.  Take it easy!

It does sound like you are coping better.

I'm not sure what to do if I have to take thyroid hormones and being in withdrawal. I do know I won't take the synthetic kind but the pigs thyroid I would be willing to try.

So I have hashimotos but my thyroid function was fine for now so they don't want to do anything about it. :/ so basically they just wait for your thyroid to die off and then put you on Meds for it....I'm feeling afraid about my health right now I feel like when am I ever going to feel healthy again.

You'll be fine Moonlite. PugHugs to you. Worrying about your thyroid won't make it better. The doctors don't seem concerned. You are healthy, sweetheart.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Thanks pug! I guess my mom keeps pushing me to find things out and do this or that she doesn't seem to want to get that WD can make you sick for this long and if it does she wants a doctor to tell her that that's what it is. But I keep telling her that's not going to happen. I guess someday when I do recover she will finally get that it was WD.

It is that much harder when those around us do not understand. I have the same problem. You know what is going on and that is what's most important.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Yes that's true. It puts doubts in my mind though when they think it's other things. In this case I do have something else but it's not a problem yet. It will be as I get older but I'll just take thyroid Meds then.

It is a treatable condition so u will be fine. Concentrare on your wd for now. I am a diabetic so I have another condition as well. Do the best you can.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

I've just been having so much muscle fatigue and weakness lately it's been worrisome. Thyroid can cause muscle weakness and I guess WD too. I wasn't sure which one it was. I try to ignore it. :/

If you can ignore any withdrawal symptom, you're much better off than a lot of us. Ignore whatever you can.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Moonlitelotus, how are you doing?

Celexa 20mg 2008-2012 for Social Anxiety

Failed attempt to stop reinstated

1 year taper skipping doses

Celexa free 12/2013

1/2014-5/2014 took 5 htp every other day

Failed Reinstatement 5mg of Celexa on 12/2014 for 5 days only

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Moonlite, how are you?

I was thinking of you while I was studying (I'm still studying) some stuff on GiaK's site, "BeyondMeds"  

http://beyondmeds.com/2013/07/19/histamine-psych-dx/

Here is one article, with some interviews in it, to explain how it works.  I'm talking about histamine intolerance.  GiaK has many articles about it.

The thing that made me think about it was your reaction to probiotic, which would increase histadine / histamine in your system.  Fermented stuffs, cheeses, well - there's a website called the histamine chef based in the UK that talks all about it.

Here's the thing:  you may not be allergic to anything, you may just be in the middle of w/d reaction - but - your system is so inflammed that maybe you could be helped by a low histamine diet.  It's not difficult, it's all fresh foods, simple foods.

And you don't have to avoid entire food groups.  The video on that page describes a bucket.  That bucket is all of our functioning - we need histamine for cells and digestion and even brain function - pour the histamines in the bucket, and it gets used for our body.  But when the bucket overflows - too much histamine, inflammation - then we get sick and have symptoms.

It gives you something to learn about and try - and if it helps - then awesome!  If it doesn't - then - we'll think of something else to try!

You do sound better.

Also - I noticed that your wave was worst just before your period.  I used to be a PMS monster - my mood was so unpredictable.  This was even before psych drugs!  The swing of that PMS was so strong, I made an oath not to make any major decisions during that time (leaving boyfriends, moving house, changing jobs, nothing!).  In fact, I would say, that I probably would not have been able to come off the psych meds before having a hysterectomy to remove all that stuff (yet another thing I wonder whether it was a good plan or not).  After menopause, I have felt more stable, except for the hot flushes and irritability - but it's more steady - not that cycling thing that was so horrendous.

So consider PMS, maybe chart your waves on your calendar, and chart your period (moon calendar).  Here's what other people have to say about it:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8142-menstrualhormonalfemale-problems-during-withdrawal/

Hope to hear from you soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I was diagnosed with hashimotos thyroiditis which I'm sure only makes up for some of my symptoms. I tried a natural thyroid hormone and it didn't agree with me so now I'm trying synthroid the lowest dose. I've also went on a paleo diet or anti inflammatory diet (like you mentioned doing Jan). So now I am eating cleaner and cutting out things like gluten. I am doing food allergy testing as well to see if I'm allergic to anything that I keep eating. I think I'm still dealing with withdrawal as well. But I think the change in diet and taking vitamins will help with recovery from both thyroid and withdrawal. (I hope.) I am testing for vitamin deficiencies and for the mthfr gene mutation to see if I have a problem metabolizing folate. I am also doing a comprehensive stool test to test my gut for parasites, candida over growth, and good bateria levels. All that stuff. I have to do a gut healing process to help keep the hashimotos under control but I am thinking maybe it will also help with my body healing from withdrawal as well because we know the gut is the second brain. If the gut is unhealthy it's got to be harder for it to absorb and do its job to heal the rest of the body. If I can get some ducks in a row maybe other ducks will fall into place. I've noticed I'm not as sensitive to vitamins and supplements now so I guess that's good. I have been taking lots of vitamins and ashwaghanda to help keep that cortisol at bay as well as the phosphosytleserine but I can't take the PS at night or it give me insomnia for some reason. :/ I still don't feel good though. :( I hope I can feel at least a little better soon. Going on 8 months off Meds! I hope it gets better at a year.. I've been praying so much and talking to God. I realized that I need his help through this and my life was always better when he was in it. I lost sight of him but I am reach out again. So that's an update on how I am doing...

Your doing so well. Well done xxx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Oh thank you. I don't feel like I'm doing well.. I appreciate that though. :)

Wow I wish I had the money to get all that testing done. It would really help me to know about sensitivities and candida and mutations etc. glad you are being proactive and trying to heal. Good luck.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

The tests are expensive some of them but others aren't too bad. Even the expensive ones aren't over like $200 but I know that's still a lot of money and it adds up! But I would say the comprehensive stool test (which also tests candida) and vitamin levels are more important. I really wonder if healing the gut would help with the rest of the body. It makes sense though because that's where we absorb all our nutrients that the body utilizes to heal itself and such. Also if you have "leaky gut" going on its creating an inflammatory response. So any extra inflammatory responses that the body has to work against I would think would make recovery slower because it's not focusing its energy all on up regulating receptors it's busy having to fight off things and creating antibodies. So maybe there's something to this gut healing that could be helpful.

I have not read your thread but I noticed your title on my way to bed and I far as I have seen not many people have body zaps I had them just like brain zaps but they go down your spine and out either the arms or legs just wanted you to know your not an odd ball. 

too tired for much now...later

peace

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

Hey thanks for letting me know I'm not an odd ball! Lol. I haven't really had the body zaps for a long time. I had them the first two months though.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Moonlite!

I sounds like you are doing better - taking charge of your health.  This is awesome!

A Paleo style diet is one of the best "brain food" diets you can adopt.  If it's working for you, ignore the following.

It is not, however, the same as a low histamine diet.  See GiaK's page at:  http://beyondmeds.com/2013/02/18/more-histamine/ to help explain the difference.

But again, if the Paleo style is working for you - ignore the preceding, but remember this for future reference.  Sometimes things shift and change as you move through the withdrawal forest.  Different terrains require different tools and equipment.  As I think you are learning.  (why didn't meditation work?  wrong terrain for meditation, maybe you needed to do something more physically engaging, like walking.)

It looks like, with your Baylissa Frederick talks, you are more accepting of your symptoms.  You have learned that fighting them only ramps them up.  It's so much better for you to say, "Oh YHIT, I have THIS symptom.  Okay, what can I do to get through it?" instead of fighting it and resisting it.

I've had some later thoughts about the giant epsom salts sensory deprivation tank.  Your body will only absorb as much mag sulfate as it needs.  But you were in the throes of withdrawal (albeit in a window), and your body soaked up a bunch.  If it is making you weak and tired now, then that is probably what your body is demanding to heal.  I don't think you "went toxic" in the mag salts or anything - I think instead that it may have accelerated your process.  Listen to your body.  If it wants to shake, then shake.  If it wants to do nothing, do nothing.  If it wants to walk, or dance, then by all means, do so.  Your superhit of magnesium - coupled with sensory deprivation - may have rattled your cage in a good way, even if it felt (or feels) bad.

Theory - I think that is why people in withdrawal "cannot take" the magnesium, because they need to go soooooo slowly.  And the magnesium starts firing neurotransmitters and healing myelin and synapses and a person in withdrawal goes into overload pretty easily. 

I would call it a "healing reaction," but sometimes that is too intense.

You noticed that some of us are in waves at the same time.  Quite a few mods "went down" with your last wave, too.  Now I'm not an expert on this - I barely know anything about it - but there are some people who track megaweather - solar flares, low pressure systems - and have been able to chart their moods with great accuracy.  Alto is, I believe, one of these experts.  But instead of trying to forecast moods by these measures, I much prefer to take them as they come, and learn from them, rather than trying to "head them off at the pass" or anticipating a bad week because of solar activity.  I find I function better in the "now."  

But you may find it interesting.  Here's a video (you may want to turn the sound down, I find the thumpy music confronting.)

and here is a blog:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SunandHumanHealth/

Thank you for your thoughts and that info I really appreciated it, Jan. you made some good points.

I am concerned and confused right now. I was diagnosed with a thyroid problem but I'm am not doing well on thyroid medicine. It makes me feel better for a bit until it builds up in my system and then I start to get anxious and lose my appetite and sometimes I get nauseated. But I notice that some of my symptoms are gone since being on it. I don't know if I'm just on too high of a dose or not I'm on the second lowest dose though for thyroid but I might need to be on the lowest dose. I also have adrenal issues going on which is common for withdrawal as well right?? I have high morning and noon cortisol and it's not too bad off thyroid Meds but again as it builds up it aggravates the cortisol issue. So I'm pretty lost. Other than continuing my paleo diet and taking my vitamins as well as figuring out wha elset I can do to help heal my body then I have I idea and I feel like I dunno if I will ever be me again. I don't know if I need thyroid Meds or not. I just am so lost. Both thyroid and withdrawal have a lot of the same symptoms. :/

Thanks. Yeah that is definitely something I do need to work on and though it may seem like I haven't been I really have been trying. I've been trying all kinds of coping techniques but sometimes it just doesn't work. The fear from the symptoms is just so overwhelming. I have always been a passionate expressive person and so it's hard for me not to express my feelings in some sort of outlet. I'm an emotional person and I have a hard time containing it. But this whole experience is a learning experience for sure. I am learning all kinds of different values, coping skills, etc. but just because my personality is a certain way (emotional person) doesn't mean there can't be balance. I am working on it. Rome wasn't built in a day. I definitely want to do what's best for my nervous system to recover though.

The first thing that made any tiny difference to me was this tapping guy... I know it looks silly but I found it helpful I am giving him to you to try.  Like most of these things that eventually help the more you do them the better they work after this it was a deep relaxation on utube that came in second it will be the first one that comes up after typing those words into google. 

peace

Had a car accident in 85
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

Ugh I am feeling like I'll never be myself again. That's just a negative thought, I know... I just don't know what I'm supposed to be doing. Am I in withdrawal or do I have a thyroid problem? How do I know... What if my body won't heal itself with other issues like thyroid and what about adrenal issues? Does anyone have any ideas?

Does anyone else have constant never ending tinnitus?

Ugh I am feeling like I'll never be myself again. That's just a negative thought, I know... I just don't know what I'm supposed to be doing. Am I in withdrawal or do I have a thyroid problem? How do I know... What if my body won't heal itself with other issues like thyroid and what about adrenal issues? Does anyone have any ideas?

Over the years I have watched a lot of people with this ideas if you quit taking your drug or went down in dose and have wd symptoms you in wd... if your not sure what the symptoms of wd are.... I am sure there is a list here.  

Some who were in wd had thyroid issues that needed treatment for thyroid some didn't.  I know not that helpful. I know it is hard to sort things out when your not sure and having symptoms... this is what makes this such a tricky topic it has always been like this the only difference now is you have two sides of the story not just one as long ago wd did not exist. ...well it existed but nobody knew about it .. all things were disorders and disease ect

now at least there is an option bit better than it use to be at least.  I encourage you to talk to others who have the same situation as you have now ask some in the recovered page if they were where you are maybe... I am sure they would be happy to talk to you.

peace 

Had a car accident in 85

I am not allowed to post in other areas. :( but if anyone knows of someone who had the same issue as me with thyroid and withdrawal please let me know.

Is adrenal fatigue part of withdrawal? My adrenals aren't severe I don't think but I feel like a lot of my symptoms are from adrenal issues maybe?

Here are all the symptoms I've ever had...

Tinnitus constantly

Diarreah

Constipation

High morning and noon cortisol

Cortisol surges

Sensitive to light

Sensitive to loud noises

Brain fog/feeling not all there

Memory issues

Muscle weakness

Body vibration

Lower back vibration

Lower back weakness

Leg weakness

Shoulder blade weakness

Nausea/vomiting

Depression ( never used to have it. )

Blurry vision

Dizziness

Low blood sugar feelings (not diabetic)

Peeing a lot at night

Increased thirst at night

Worrying

Fearful thoughts

What if thoughts

Insomnia

Burning feeling in foot

Air hunger (feeling like I can't get a deep breath)

Pounding heart

Inability to exercise without getting sick

The shivers

Feeling cold or hot

Fatigue not wanting to get out of bed

No appetite cannot eat some times

That's all I can think of right now. I've probably had other stuff too. So what do you guys think? Does this scream withdrawal or something else? Some of the symptoms I've listed also are thyroid and or adrenal issues. So I'm lost. It's hard to say. Maybe it's withdrawal and adrenals and it's causing a low thyroid. I just don't know. Would really appreciate others thoughts. I don't have all these symptoms right now some have gone away for the moment.