☼ AliG: Surviving

AliG

Thank you . I'm so tired of this now.  I'm angry and bitter, over what has been done to us all.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

me,too,Ali...just beyond comprehension....love you,ds

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Thank you D.S .

Right back at you.  Love , Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Hi AliG,

Thank you for always being there for me and others.

Cocunut water or Electrolytes drink is also good for SVT'S.

Hope you are doing well.

Best wishes, Hopefull. :)

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

• Moderator Emeritus

How about the Mamas and the Papas, Ali?  

Simon and Garfunkel?

Of course, the Beatles rule!

<3

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Ali!  

I was just reading up on my new endocrinologist (have referral but no appointment yet) and he has all kinds of information on diet & stuff on his Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/kevinleeFRACP/?fref=ts

The article that caught my attention was about paleo = gaining weight!  OMG!

https://pursuit.unimelb.edu.au/articles/paleo-diets-weight-gain

I think my Ortho doc recommends "modified paleo."  And Kelly Brogan talks about the breast milk diet:  40% carbs, 40% fat, 20% protein.  (same ratio as breast milk)

Anyhow, "food for thought!"  Ha!   :D

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

Hi Ali. Just want to stop by and send you healing thoughts. Hugs!

Current dose: 0! Free!  Quit June 2017.

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.

Thanks Hopeful . I didn't know that. I will try and have that on hand . Coconut water is full of good electrolytes , such as potassium & sodium.

Jan . I love all those singers  as well. " Oldies but goodies".  Interesting about the Paleo.  Confirmed my thoughts.

Amy K . Thank you for those healing thoughts. I appreciate them . Right back at you .

You guys are the best !

Update :   Nothing new.  Still battling on . Low reserves of energy , patience  and sleep !   High " neuro - emotions". ( lots of anger & free - floating anxiety! )    21 months off all drugs , sort of . ( with a " blip"  in between ).  I'm hoping I don't have " Tardive dysphoria " , but accustomed  and accepted to the idea, that I actually do . Did I mention the anger ! ( at doctors )  LOL.

I got started on these drugs for " post - natal depression" , which in retrospect I didn't have . I was a new mother , with a colicky baby , who didn't sleep. I was recovering from an emergency C- section , ( overdosed on pain medication . Double dosed accidentally .) Post Op : screw - up by doctors & hospital . Almost died. (Stopped breathing .)  Relocated to " Outback Australia" with a new husband , with no family/ friends/ support. Didn't know a soul . " Hot as Hades", and a husband who was away for weeks at a time , leaving me with no car or companionship. Completely alone.  No such thing as air conditioning .   Sleep deprived , drop in hormones and crying baby ! ( non- stop ) , still recovering from C- Section Who wouldn't be depressed ? However, it was "situational". I realize this now, in retrospect . I didn't realize at the time. Too young & totally naive. I went to a doctor , for help . " Big mistake " ! That started,the " roller coaster" of meds . Also , a history of  Childhood  abuse , and cover -up, added to the mix.  In essence - " A Perfect Storm" .

I hope I can beat this " chemically - induced " depression . I get that I would have struggled , anyway ( given the history ) , but this is a million times worse

I guess, I'm  just adding background of how I got here,  20 - 30 years later .

I will continue to try and overcome any and all obstacles, the best that I can  however it feels like climbing " Mt  Everest " . Hard to imagine.

Love to all ,

Ali

Hang in there my fellow night owl!!

Stay strong .

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Thank you,  New Zealand " withdrawal warrior" and often " companion  insomniac" . Your encouraging words , came at the right time .  :)   I hope you are traveling well ! 

dear AliG

You are going through so much and yet you answer so many peoples post here including mine....I have been so sick with these WDs now for 33 months off completely from Zoloft - that I find it hard to give others courage

I am so sorry for that....I know of another who was on Paxil for years and developed SVT.  Hers is mild. 

Do you still have other WD symptoms or are you free of them - wish I do so hope for you.

Thank you for always answering my posts...and I will try to participate more....but it is so discouraging when nothing ever changes.....

Stay well, and be as happy as any of us are allowed to be.

Love

Lee

Zoloft started for 8 years - 150 mg capsules

Started tapering December 3, 2011,

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

While tapering WDS were tolerable

Off Zoloft debilitating WDS the worst starting around 6 months off

even worse after 18 months off

Now 35 months off - still in a terrible wave for months now.

Lee     Don't feel guilty for not participating.  You are doing fine. Like you, I have ongoing symptoms , at 21 months. It is " tough" !   This isn't for  " sissies" !   This is the hardest thing , ever.

Love ,

Ali

just stopping by to say " hi", and I'm cheering you on...you're truly a survivor....we'll beat this yet!

love & hugs,ds

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

D. S .     You are , too. ( A survivor ) !   We must be tough . We will indeed kick this thing to the kerb !!  It might take more time & patience , but it will happen , eventually !

Love , Ali .

Update :   Nothing new.  Still battling on . Low reserves of energy , patience  and sleep !   High " neuro - emotions". ( lots of anger & free - floating anxiety! )    21 months off all drugs , sort of . ( with a " blip"  in between ).  I'm hoping I don't have " Tardive dysphoria " , but accustomed  and accepted to the idea, that I actually do . Did I mention the anger ! ( at doctors )  LOL.

I will continue to try and overcome any and all obstacles, the best that I can  however it feels like climbing " Mt  Everest " . Hard to imagine.

Love to all ,

Ali

Invest in a punchbag and get all of that anger out of your system!! Anger is a healthy response so let it all out. You,ve been robbed. Who wouldn't feel the rage?

Climbing Everest, yes, but with a big team in front, at the side and behind. You're not doing this alone. Keep believing.

<p>Several periods of depression starting in teens. 2010- 2014 escitalopram 20mgs. tapered to 5mgApril 2011- December 2011 seroquel2012-2014 don't know exact dates! 2014/15 Lamactil 200mg. 2015 lamactil 150mg. (Several attempts at coming off escitalopram and lamactil). March 2015 tapered to 37.5mg lamactil- Reinstated. July- Aug 2015 tapered off 5mg escitalopram. Dose reinstated Nov 2015.

7/1/16 Lamactil 137.5mg. Escitalopram 5mg; 24/3/16 lamactil 125mg; 20/4/16 escitalopram 4.5mg. 6/5 escit 4mg. 5/6/16 escit 3.6mg; 16/7/16 escit 3.5mg. 27/7/16 lamactil 112.5mg 18/8/16 escit 3.2mg 10/9/16 escit 3mg 16/9/16 lamactil 100mg 11/10/16 lamactil 112.5mg 28/10/16 escit 2.9mg 4/11/16 escit 2.8mg 10/11/16 lamactil 125mg 11/11/16 escit 2.7mg. 25/11/16 escit 2.4mg 10/12/16 escit 2mg 1/1/17 escit 1.7mg 17/1/17 escit 1.5mg 4/2/17 escit 1.4 19/2/17 escit 1.3mg 13/3/17 escit 1.2mg 22/3/17 escit 1mg. 4/5/17 escit 1.15mg 5/5/17 turmeric 800mg

Hi Alig thanks for popping in to my intro.

I'm doing okay, keeping myself vertical and ventilating as usual. lol, that's all we have to do isn't it.

I actually had a couple of days this week where I didn't wake up until 5am. I feel like I'm making progress when that happens. And then I'll have a day where I wake up thinking it's 5am and I look at my watch and it's only 2am. Gee hate those days.

"Update :   Nothing new.  Still battling on . Low reserves of energy , patience  and sleep !   High " neuro - emotions". ( lots of anger & free - floating anxiety! )    21 months off all drugs , sort of . ( with a " blip"  in between ).  I'm hoping I don't have " Tardive dysphoria " , but accustomed  and accepted to the idea, that I actually do . Did I mention the anger ! ( at doctors )  LOL."

That pretty well sums up how I was at 21 months as well.

Tardive dysphoria is a new word that I've recently learned. Drug induced depression.

You are not alone in your feelings towards doctors but I think you know that.

Hang in there

nz11

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Hi Alig thanks for popping in to my intro.

I'm doing okay, keeping myself vertical and ventilating as usual. lol, that's all we have to do isn't it.

I actually had a couple of days this week where I didn't wake up until 5am. I feel like I'm making progress when that happens. And then I'll have a day where I wake up thinking it's 5am and I look at my watch and it's only 2am. Gee hate those days.

Hi nz11,

I feel the same way when I wake up. I have no idea if it's 2 AM or 5 AM. Lately it has been 5 AM and what a relief that is. I feel like I am making progress when that happens. Those 2 AM days are torture. I suffer all day when that happens.

Leahy

2001-2007 Rem 90 mg, xanax 2 mg synthroid 112mcg - 2007-2014 Rem 60 mg xanax 3-4 mg

2015   Feb Rem 45 mg xanax 2 mg, March Rem 30 xanax 2, April  Rem 22.5, May Rem 30  xanax .25x4 hrs, June Rem 26 xanax 2-3, July Rem 22.5 xanax 2, Aug Rem 15 xanax 2, Sept Rem 22 xanax 2, Oct Rem 18 mg xanax .25 mg /4 hrs, Nov Rem 23 mg xanax .5mg, Dec Rem 24 xanax 2 

2016  Jan Rem 20 xanax 2,  Feb Rem 18 mg xanax 1.5, Feb Rem 14 12 mg xanax 1 mg, March Rem 10 9 mg xanax 1-2 mg Rem 7.3 8 xanax 1-2, April Rem 10 12 mg xanax 2 mg, May Rem 11 xanax 1 .75mg Nov Rem 10mg Xanax 2mg 2017 May Rem 10.25 Xanax 1 mg, November Xanax 1mg

Thinking of you AliG.     It sucks to not feel good when you are trying so hard.   You will make it!

Please know you are not alone!

9/2013-4/2014:  After moms death, was prescribed a series of meds for short periods of time that didn't work. Zoloft, Lexapro,  Nortriptyline, Liquid Prozac, Cymbalta. 

1/2014-9/2014. Clonzapam: Given Lamictal, stopped Clonzapam at .125mgs  

1/2015-4 2017 Remeron: 41.25 -0.025mgs

7/2015-11/2018 Lamictal: 200mgs-0.05 mgs Had paradoxical reaction to Lamictal wd, broke my heart to take a benzo but wasn't sleeping. 

3/28/2019 -2/5/ 2021  Clonazapam: 0.625mgs-.00115 Med Free 

July 27th, 2022**Severe Setback due to surgery/ anesthesia. 

9/7/22-10/4/22 Trazadone 50-100mgs for sleep, 10/13/22-11/13/22 Trazadone 1 mg to stabilize

10/4/22-11/20/22 Remeron 7.5mgs (for sleep doesn't work) 11/20/22 7.3 - 12/31/22 6.3 

2023: 1/18/23 6.1 - 6/6/23 3.6  6/16 3.4  6/28 3.0 7/12 2.7  7/28 2.5 8/11 2.2 8/23 2.0  9/5 1.8  9/16 1.6  9/30 1.4  10/13 1.2  10/26 1.0  11/9 0.8  11/22 0.6  12/6 0.4  12/23 0.2.

2024 1/4/24  Remeron/Mirtazapine free 

Additional Support:  Armour Thyroid 75mgs, Magnesium Glycinate 300-500mgs,  L-theanine 

NZ . You're so right  !   :)   That is what we have to do .  

" I'm doing okay, keeping myself vertical and ventilating as usual. lol, that's all we have to do isn't it."

Tardive Dysphoria . Those words fill me with dread !  I'm not sure how you get past that one. I fear it's here to stay .  4 months now , and counting .

If I can get any sleep at all ,  that's progress. Doesn't happen , very  often .

Thanks , Ali . That punching bag sounds good , right about now . LOL. 

Leahy & Hibari . Thank you .

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Ali - I never thought I would see the sun again.  I thought I was doomed to have my eyes, ears, joints, lungs, and heart filled with black sticky depressive tar and that I would never care again, I would never hope again - 

and now, while my life is exploding, it's still painful - but my lord it's like a fireworks show in my life!  The passion is back, the caring is back, the curiosity is back, the motivation, while overwhelmed, is consistent (not quite back, but better).

Hang in there, it does get better.

Keep fighting Ali.

You have been through a lot.

Best wishes, Hopefull. :)

DRUG HISTORY:

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

Tardive Dysphoria . Those words fill me with dread !  I'm not sure how you get past that one. I fear it's here to stay .  4 months now , and counting .

If I can get any sleep at all ,  that's progress.

Hi Ali

A lot of us are worrying about TD, myself included. But remember, it's just a theory and no more, and the research is limited. Read up on neuroplasticity and keep focussed on that.

<p>Several periods of depression starting in teens. 2010- 2014 escitalopram 20mgs. tapered to 5mgApril 2011- December 2011 seroquel2012-2014 don't know exact dates! 2014/15 Lamactil 200mg. 2015 lamactil 150mg. (Several attempts at coming off escitalopram and lamactil). March 2015 tapered to 37.5mg lamactil- Reinstated. July- Aug 2015 tapered off 5mg escitalopram. Dose reinstated Nov 2015.

7/1/16 Lamactil 137.5mg. Escitalopram 5mg; 24/3/16 lamactil 125mg; 20/4/16 escitalopram 4.5mg. 6/5 escit 4mg. 5/6/16 escit 3.6mg; 16/7/16 escit 3.5mg. 27/7/16 lamactil 112.5mg 18/8/16 escit 3.2mg 10/9/16 escit 3mg 16/9/16 lamactil 100mg 11/10/16 lamactil 112.5mg 28/10/16 escit 2.9mg 4/11/16 escit 2.8mg 10/11/16 lamactil 125mg 11/11/16 escit 2.7mg. 25/11/16 escit 2.4mg 10/12/16 escit 2mg 1/1/17 escit 1.7mg 17/1/17 escit 1.5mg 4/2/17 escit 1.4 19/2/17 escit 1.3mg 13/3/17 escit 1.2mg 22/3/17 escit 1mg. 4/5/17 escit 1.15mg 5/5/17 turmeric 800mg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ali,

Just checking in to see how you are doing.

Hibari

9/2013-4/2014:  After moms death, was prescribed a series of meds for short periods of time that didn't work. Zoloft, Lexapro,  Nortriptyline, Liquid Prozac, Cymbalta. 

7/2015-11/2018 Lamictal: 200mgs-0.05 mgs Had paradoxical reaction to Lamictal wd, broke my heart to take a benzo but wasn't sleeping. 

9/7/22-10/4/22 Trazadone 50-100mgs for sleep, 10/13/22-11/13/22 Trazadone 1 mg to stabilize

10/4/22-11/20/22 Remeron 7.5mgs (for sleep doesn't work) 11/20/22 7.3 - 12/31/22 6.3 

2023: 1/18/23 6.1 - 6/6/23 3.6  6/16 3.4  6/28 3.0 7/12 2.7  7/28 2.5 8/11 2.2 8/23 2.0  9/5 1.8  9/16 1.6  9/30 1.4  10/13 1.2  10/26 1.0  11/9 0.8  11/22 0.6  12/6 0.4  12/23 0.2.

Additional Support:  Armour Thyroid 75mgs, Magnesium Glycinate 300-500mgs,  L-theanine 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey AliG, wanted to say congratulations on being a mod. You are going to be a great one! I hope you are doing well x ps22

Celexa 20mg 2008-2012 for Social Anxiety

Failed attempt to stop reinstated

1 year taper skipping doses

Celexa free 12/2013

1/2014-5/2014 took 5 htp every other day

Failed Reinstatement 5mg of Celexa on 12/2014 for 5 days only

NZ . You're so right  !   :)   That is what we have to do .  

" I'm doing okay, keeping myself vertical and ventilating as usual. lol, that's all we have to do isn't it."

If I can get any sleep at all ,  that's progress. Doesn't happen , very  often .

Thanks , Ali . That punching bag sounds good , right about now . LOL. 

Leahy & Hibari . Thank you .

It'll go away.  4 nights of no Cortisol Surges for me. Things will improve for you as well.

1)Zoloft- 6/99 to 8/04 2)Escitalopram- 8/04 to 8/10 3)Citalopram 8/10 to 4/14 (C/T), 4)Paxil a week or so, 5)Wellbutrin a week or so, 6)Reinstated Citalopram- 9/14 to 7/15

Before Taper- Celexa/20 mg....Taper Start- 04/21/15- 15mg....05/26/15- 10 mg...06/22/15- 5 mg...07/18/15- 0mg. http://tinyurl.com/qjfoqe9 Ativan/Lorazepam use/taper 10/14 to 2/15- http://tinyurl.com/ljebp84

Baclofen- Intermittent use of from 2008 till 2014. Some use of Promethazine. Some use of Zofran. Clobetasol Propionate- for Lichen Planus. Some Flexeril use. 

Ativan- GABA,A receptor Agonist., Baclofen- GABA,B receptor Agonist., Celexa/Lexapro- Serotonin 5-HT1A Receptor Agonist., Zofran- Serotonin 5-HT3 Receptor Agonist..Promethazine- Histamine H1-Receptor Antagonist. Flexeril- Serotonin 5HT2a Antagonist.

My self imposed Amino Acid Therapy: Tyrosine 500mg 1xday, Theanine 200 mg 1xday, & Taurine 500 mg 2x day. (All neurotransitter pre-cursors)- seems to have helped me immensely. And of course- eating healthy, including Black Beans for the oligosaccharides for gut health.

The attempt to develop a sense of humor and to see things in a humorous light is some kind of trick learned while mastering the Art of Living. - Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi AliG,

Thank you for stopping by my thread.

How are you doing?

Are you experiencing cortisol surges? The cortisol surges will subside eventually.

Take care,

Congratulations on becoming a MOD.

Best wishes, Hopefull.

DRUG HISTORY:

HI AliG,

How are you doing today? I saw your post on the music you like. As a crazy coincidence i was listening to 'Darlin' by the Beach Boys when i read it. I love that song. Cheers me up no end when i feel bad. Anyway i dedicate it to you today as a thanks for popping on my thread.Just don't tell your hubby :-)

Seroxat 30mg (January 1998 > till started taper April 2013 > off completely July 2013) this was about my fourth attempt.

Prozac 40mg ( July 2013 - Feb 2014) 

Sertraline 75mg (Feb 2014- started taper Feb 2015 - off May 2015)

Mirtazapine - 7.5mg for 2 weeks - 3.75mg one week - 2mg one week (December'15 - Jan 16)

Hey Ali! Just wanted to stop by to say thanks for chatting yesterday and for all of the encouragement. I've read a bit of your thread and can see you're going through a rough patch as well. So sorry you're having struggles with sleep. It is the worst..it exacerbates everything else. Hope you are taking care the best you can right now and being kind to yourself like you told me :) I'm trying my best! I believe this will all pass in time.

Intermittent Klonopin use February, 2014 to September, 2015

- Off of SSRIs completely since April, 2012 

- Had horrible side effects from Celexa (constant feelings of terror, insomnia) so stopped taking it after 6 weeks

- Started 20 mg of Celexa in February 2012

- Began to taper off of Zoloft in May, 2011, off Zoloft completely September, 2011

- Increased Zoloft to 75 mg October, 2010 and decreased back to 50 mg in February, 2011

- June 2009- Went on 50 mg of Zoloft

- October, 2007 - July, 2008- Celexa 20 mgs (tapered off fairly quickly)

- 2006-2007- On Effoxor for about 8 months- switched to Prozac and cold turkeyed off

- 2005- Paxil and Lamictal for a few months but stopped taking because it didn't work

- 2004- Paxil for a few months but quit taking because of increased feelings of depression

Hi Ali, just quick check in. I hope you are ok. I am 9 months out, not better yet but still hanging on. Pa, pa, martina

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

I just wanted to share this - I saw it and thought of all the beautiful people here.

"The most beautiful people we have known are those  who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassions, gentleness and a deep loving concern.

Beautiful people do not just happen. "

Hi, Ali. Thanks for all of the great advice and support you've given me for all of my insomnia issues.  I just wanted to stop by your thread and cheer you on, too.

I was reading your thread, and I saw this quote you posted awhile back and it really "spoke" to me. There's so much truth there. In a way, it's like the pain of our past taught us what we need to know to survive really dark times like withdrawal, so I know we're going to come out of this okay.  This helps me not have so much regret about my past because I see a sort of "purpose" and "healing" quality underneath it all. A kind of big picture concept. 

After all, "Beautiful people do not just happen". I really like that part. 

I hope the weekend is treating you well and you're getting lots of rest. 

Thanks Shep . I do love that quote. I appreciate your thanks and encouragement.  :)  

Also , a big thank you to all who have stopped by to offer support.

Just a quick update : 23 months off all  A/D's /drugs etc. C/T.

Sleep - improved, but still struggling . Managing, perhaps 3 nights sleep a week .

Mood - up & down , but somewhat improved. Hard to tell, as have been going through " major life changes" , to do with my husband's business, and children relocating etc.  I seem to be out of the wave of depression. :)  for now.   I'm sure there's more to come, and I'm bracing myself for the next wave . LOL.  

Other physical symptoms - pins & needles, burning feet /legs , anxiety, neuro - emotions , agoraphobia and heart palpitations -  improving. Not " out of the woods" yet, but " getting there". 

I'm getting through it with LOTS of acceptance, and the tools I have acquired here. My " toolbox" is getting quite full !  :D

Love,

Ali

Thanks Shep . I do love that quote. I appreciate your thanks and encouragement.  :)  

Also , a big thank you to all who have stopped by to offer support.

Just a quick update : 23 months off all  A/D's /drugs etc. C/T.

Sleep - improved, but still struggling . Managing, perhaps 3 nights sleep a week .

Mood - up & down , but somewhat improved. Hard to tell, as have been going through " major life changes" , to do with my husband's business, and children relocating etc.  I seem to be out of the wave of depression. :)  for now.   I'm sure there's more to come, and I'm bracing myself for the next wave . LOL.  

Other physical symptoms - pins & needles, burning feet /legs , anxiety, neuro - emotions , agoraphobia and heart palpitations -  improving. Not " out of the woods" yet, but " getting there". 

I'm getting through it with LOTS of acceptance, and the tools I have acquired here. My " toolbox" is getting quite full !  :D

Love,

Ali

Ali, so glad you are getting some relief and that your mood is somewhat improved.  So happy you are out of the wave of depression!

After all, "Beautiful people do not just happen". I really like that part. 

This is the best quote of the day.

2001-2007 Rem 90 mg, xanax 2 mg synthroid 112mcg - 2007-2014 Rem 60 mg xanax 3-4 mg

2015   Feb Rem 45 mg xanax 2 mg, March Rem 30 xanax 2, April  Rem 22.5, May Rem 30  xanax .25x4 hrs, June Rem 26 xanax 2-3, July Rem 22.5 xanax 2, Aug Rem 15 xanax 2, Sept Rem 22 xanax 2, Oct Rem 18 mg xanax .25 mg /4 hrs, Nov Rem 23 mg xanax .5mg, Dec Rem 24 xanax 2 

2016  Jan Rem 20 xanax 2,  Feb Rem 18 mg xanax 1.5, Feb Rem 14 12 mg xanax 1 mg, March Rem 10 9 mg xanax 1-2 mg Rem 7.3 8 xanax 1-2, April Rem 10 12 mg xanax 2 mg, May Rem 11 xanax 1 .75mg Nov Rem 10mg Xanax 2mg 2017 May Rem 10.25 Xanax 1 mg, November Xanax 1mg

Hi Ali

Just read your update and am so pleased that things are not so bad considering all the other things you have going on in your life.

Hope as times goes on your sleep improves and that the big black clouds of depression stay away.

Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

Hi Ali,

Thank you for your encouragement and support posting to my thread!

Just read the main line of your thread. You are such a fighter! I am happy for you to see some improvement here and there, an great indication of final healing like those I read from other successful stories. The full recovery should be due in no time. I am looking forward to hearing your success story!

Hugs,

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

Ali, I am happy that you feel the mood had lifted a bit. You are so worth that, and I hope it will continue to improve. I wish you a calm and good day. Hugs!

Current dose: 0! Free!  Quit June 2017.

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.