☼ AliG: Surviving

AliG

Hi Ali,

Are you still having difficulty with sleeping? I noticed reachingforthestars wrote on your thread a while back:

"AliG, Have you tried melatonin before going to bed? When i had my very first night of insomnia i got this sharp pain in the back of my eyes and ever since every time i wake up i have the same pain there and it goes away in the morning within one hour. I read that human have a lot of melatonin receptors in their eyes and that melatonin and serotonin are pretty similar."

I'm wondering if you've tried melatonin and if it helps you? I have found a very low dose helpful to me (2mg) lately. 

Also if you would like to use your computer in the evenings there are programs that automatically "dim" the screen a bit so it doesn't interfere with getting sleepy. They are free downloads. I use f.lux but there are others as well. I learned this from TJ Nelson who writes: "If you must use your computer, use an app like Black Light for Mac or Flux for both Mac and Windows."  I must use my computer so I use flux so it doesn’t mess with the production of my night-time hormones.

Good healing to you.

Leahy

2001-2007 Rem 90 mg, xanax 2 mg synthroid 112mcg - 2007-2014 Rem 60 mg xanax 3-4 mg

2015   Feb Rem 45 mg xanax 2 mg, March Rem 30 xanax 2, April  Rem 22.5, May Rem 30  xanax .25x4 hrs, June Rem 26 xanax 2-3, July Rem 22.5 xanax 2, Aug Rem 15 xanax 2, Sept Rem 22 xanax 2, Oct Rem 18 mg xanax .25 mg /4 hrs, Nov Rem 23 mg xanax .5mg, Dec Rem 24 xanax 2 

2016  Jan Rem 20 xanax 2,  Feb Rem 18 mg xanax 1.5, Feb Rem 14 12 mg xanax 1 mg, March Rem 10 9 mg xanax 1-2 mg Rem 7.3 8 xanax 1-2, April Rem 10 12 mg xanax 2 mg, May Rem 11 xanax 1 .75mg Nov Rem 10mg Xanax 2mg 2017 May Rem 10.25 Xanax 1 mg, November Xanax 1mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Ali, get back in the house pretty soon........okay?

I need you.

Maybe we can talk about something inane and laugh.

I was thinking......"Ali ali in come free"............a phrase used when playing hide and seek.........maybe it's tag..........child's games.........probably international.

If I could even get to my teenage brain I would feel better.

No "real" crises here.  I feel I am over the worst of the Christmas disappointed, sorrowful emotions.  Now I am just frustrated.  I think I will invent a pretend friend called higher power.  Kind of visualize him........oh, of course it's gonna be a him for me............and he works and fixes everything and thinks it's cool that I pretend to choose solitude over social...........of course he drives too and has at least some money.  Cooks and cleans and reassures constantly that it is going to be okay.  That I am okay.  That this is just further training?  For what?  Who knows but it will be fun.......not a war or anything.

I shall call him Casper, the friendly spirit guide!  :)

I wish I lived alone again.  Oh well.........what great lessons are you working on?

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

MMT writes:  

"Ali ali in come free".

My regional variation was "Olly Olly Oxen free!" Or something like that.  It was a hide and seek thing - when everyone had been found, you proclaimed that to rally everyone together again, and you could come out of hiding without "losing."

Seems to be mostly American:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olly_olly_oxen_free

But I agree:  Ali! Ali!  All free!  okay to come out of your hiding place!

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

I haven't been writing here much lately, as it's pretty much the same story. It's tedious and boring.  However, I wanted to share this , as it might help someone here.

I had another attack this afternoon, of S.V.T. ( Supraventricular Tachycardia ) and was nearly carted off by ambulance to Emergency ( Hospital )  again ( as has happened in the past). It doesn't happen very often , but enough . Once a year .  The last attack was when we were on holidays in America. Yosemite National park, approximately 14 months ago.  It's always great timing ! This time, I'm at the beach, on a mini - break . Basically. it is an abnormal heart rhythm arising from improper electrical activity of the heart . The heart rate accelerates from 60 - 200 beats per minute. Typically, it can revert to normal , just as suddenly. The symptoms are pounding heart , shortness of breath, chest pain, rapid breathing, dizziness and in severe cases, loss of consciousness. Last time it happened I needed a dose of Adenosine, straight into the arteries, to stop it . Not a pleasant experience !  Talk about a " heart stopper" !

During an episode of SVT, the heartbeat is not controlled by the S.A. node ( the normal timer of the heart ). Another part of the heart overrides this timer with faster impulses.

I know from previous experience, to get some ice, deep breathe, hold my breath etc. Which I did. There's no way I wanted to go to hospital , for any reason. I certainly didn't want any drugs !  It doesn't always work , but this time it did. Sometimes,nothing works. I was lucky, this time.  

My point in writing this is , that I know this is a withdrawal effect from being on the drugs. I have had all the " holter monitor " tests, ( where you wear a heart moniter for a couple of days . )  ECG, etc. I'm perfectly healthy. My B.P. Is exceptional !  ( amazing,  considering what I've been through. )  Heart  is normal and healthy . :)

I guess my point in writing this is , to say this withdrawal business is really " wacky " . everyone is different and reacts in different ways. The thing is , to get to know your symptoms , and deal with them . Am I worried ?  No !  I know , for sure this is withdrawal . Is this a permanent effect ?  Who knows?  Maybe ?  However, I'm  not worried . I don't suffer health anxiety . 

Am I angry ? Yes !  However, you have to move on . Acceptance !

These are the links for anyone interested or experiencing these symptoms.

https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ssl#safe=active&q=sino+ventricular+tachycardia

http://patient.info/health/supraventricular-tachycardia

Tonight I also read this :

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/3670-ad-contribution-to-arrhythmia-risk-clarified/

Thanks  Hibari, Leahy, ManyMoreTodays, JanCarol. You guys are great !

To all here who are struggling tonight , know that you will make it through this and come out the other side as more compassionate and caring people.

Namaste. Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Oh Ali - what a horrible symptom to have to deal with. I am so glad you got through this attack and are OK.

We need to know about these things just in case it affects us in the future so thank you for posting.

You are amazing to have got yourself through this without any medical intervention.

Wishing you a nice time at the beach.

Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

Thanks Flowers. I tried to find your thread , but you're elusive. LOL.  :)      Yes , It's all part of it , and I'm sure many suffer from it , and think they're having a Heart Attack !

It's just another withdrawal symptom , or maybe it's a permanent effect . Either way  - it's the drugs !   Pure and simple .  No doubt .

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

Good to hear from you Ali.  And good to hear you talked yourself through today's episode.

I had that lots when I was very sick.   Four or five times each night , and occasionally during the day. I remember laying on the kitchen tiles , covered in a wet towel in a full sweat , feeling like my heart was literally going to burst out of my chest, or that something inside was going to explode.    I felt bad that  my mother was going to find me like that , but even so , I couldn't have moved if my life depended on it.  I struggled terribly just to breathe.  And I'd lay there.

The only thing you can do is tell yourself it will pass , and it always did.   I'm sure if I had called an ambulance , I'd have another diagnosis.

The good thing is , it hasn't happened since around June 2014.  Not seriously , just a very toned down version , like a 1 on a dial that had registered a 10 before.

Where were you at with ad's 14 months ago when you had the first episode?  

Do you think it was a w/d thing then ?

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Hi Fresh. Just posted on your thread.   :)

That wasn't my first episode . I've had a few over the years, but none before drugs !  I'm completely convinced it is another drug withdrawal symptom . Maybe not a common one , but nevertheless, it is a result of the drugs. This isn't just heightened heart rate  - this is total " overdrive".  I was lucky not to end up in hospital .

Thanks Fresh.  You've been through so much , as well .

Hi Ali,

Thank you for sharing this experience. Unbelievable amount of suffered for a person to go through. It is impressive how you are able to hold it together like you do when faced with such scary episodes like that.

You have every right to be angry. I hope I live long enough to see Big Pharma punished for the crimes they commit on a daily basis to innocent human beings who believe their doctors.

I am angry, too.

Hugs,

Leahy

2001-2007 Rem 90 mg, xanax 2 mg synthroid 112mcg - 2007-2014 Rem 60 mg xanax 3-4 mg

2015   Feb Rem 45 mg xanax 2 mg, March Rem 30 xanax 2, April  Rem 22.5, May Rem 30  xanax .25x4 hrs, June Rem 26 xanax 2-3, July Rem 22.5 xanax 2, Aug Rem 15 xanax 2, Sept Rem 22 xanax 2, Oct Rem 18 mg xanax .25 mg /4 hrs, Nov Rem 23 mg xanax .5mg, Dec Rem 24 xanax 2 

2016  Jan Rem 20 xanax 2,  Feb Rem 18 mg xanax 1.5, Feb Rem 14 12 mg xanax 1 mg, March Rem 10 9 mg xanax 1-2 mg Rem 7.3 8 xanax 1-2, April Rem 10 12 mg xanax 2 mg, May Rem 11 xanax 1 .75mg Nov Rem 10mg Xanax 2mg 2017 May Rem 10.25 Xanax 1 mg, November Xanax 1mg

Thanks , Leahy !   You are a warrior, in this process, as well . 

Love , Ali .

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for posting and the information.  Good to know you are.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

ManyMoretodays.  You are a woman of few words !  :) 

Can I just say , Fresh, It wasn't talking through , I was just lucky .  It could have gone , sideways !   I knew enough to deal  with it . I did the " techniques " . 

• Moderator Emeritus

What does that mean  ...  "could have gone sideways" ?   

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Hi Ali,

wow,that sounds so scary! glad you're OK....unbelievable what this WD does to us !

you've really been through the wringer...you're one tough cookie!

I'm back in it  today but still think I've been seeing more good days than bad lately. have to keep the faith...hang in there, xo

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Fresh.   What I mean is , I was really worried that I would end up in hospital , and have to take drugs. Last time I was given Adenosine. Who knows what they would have given me, this time. I'm just glad it stopped  as suddenly as it started , after about an hour.  It did shake me up , and I've been feeling sensitive and highly emotional since then . I was just starting to come out of my wave, and I think this has pushed me headlong back into it . I'm having lots of symptoms.  Thanks for the support.

DireStaits. Thank you . I'm pleased you're having more good days. That is encouraging.

Hello AliG, sorry to hear about the incident that you had. You are an inspiration of how much strenght you have in what has happened. I admire your positive perspective to move forward and accepting the situation in wd. We have made it this far and we will make it to recovery.

Celexa 20mg 2008-2012 for Social Anxiety

Failed attempt to stop reinstated

1 year taper skipping doses

Celexa free 12/2013

1/2014-5/2014 took 5 htp every other day

Failed Reinstatement 5mg of Celexa on 12/2014 for 5 days only

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for explaining , I get it.    I do believe the same coping strategies apply as with most other symptoms - it will pass ,

you know the mantra.

Are you taking any magnesium products?  

If not , this would be a great time to start.   Some people find it relaxing , but even if you don't notice anything , your organs need it for over 300 processes. It helps them function smoother and easier.

And fish oil.  I found out recently that our brains are made up of 60% fat.   So we need loads of omegs-3's for our brains to regenerate.

Please disregard the above if you already take them.

:)

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Hi Ali

Thanks for finding my thread. I haven't posted much lately. You did however, prompt me to update my signature as I started tapering a couple of weeks ago. So far so good but I have a long long way to go!!

Hope things have settled for you since your 'emergency' and that you are able to enjoy the beach.

xxxxxx Flowers

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Ali - wow.  At Yosemite, too?  (you do know how to pick a scenic place to go into SVT!)

I'm glad you're feeling better, and I do believe that it is important to share this kind of stuff.

I haven't been around much (you noticed) - but I promise to get some SA time in this month!  It's my "deal of the month"!

I promise to post on my thread today about the lovely Tai Chi class I took at U3A.

One foot in front of the other . . . (yes, it can be dull, but - at least - we are still breathing!)

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

Yeah !  What's with that !   :unsure:   Scenic places !  ( brings on S.V.T. ? ) 

Thai Chi , sounds really good . Go J.C.

One foot in front of the other -  "Plod, plod". Still breathing. That's " key".

Thanks Flowers and Purplestar.

Yes , I  do take them , Fresh . Thank you . I do think they help . ( Fish oil / Magnesium ) 

Finding life tough , but hanging in there as best I can , right now. 

Namaste.

(((Ali))) Sending you healing thoughts. Life can be so hard right now, and it sounds like you are hanging in there! That's awesome!!

XOXO

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Thanks Luv.  You too. You are a champion , and I have the highest regard for you.  Thank you for your ongoing support.  How are you , going ? I know you haven't been around much , but thats ok . A lot of the old gang , has moved on , including yourself. 

Take really good care of yourself. 

Love,

Ali

Hi AliG,

Just stopped in to say Hi. I hope you're having a good day.

Leahy

Hi Leahy.  Thank you .  You're the best .   :)      How are you ?    How is the taper going ?  I hope , well !

• Moderator Emeritus

(((((((Ali hugs)))))))))  Just got to get through the day.  The night in your case.  :)   Somehow I would like to punch it out with this yellow happy face right now!!!!

And ooh.......I do have an advantage being here alone for awhile.  I can sing along with something.  Crazy dance.  Talk to God out loud.  I think I have been missing that.

ManyMoreTodays.     You punch away , girl .   :)     Whatever it takes. Sing , dance ( like no one's watching ) . It can be stressful to have the children home. I know. My youngest son  is living with us , for a while and it does change things. I just realized  that I haven't been playing my music either,  for the same reason as you. It changes the dynamics  ( having kids home ) . I must start again , as it helps me find joy.  I hope you do the same. ( Yes , It's 3 am ! )  No sleep, again. It seems impossible to go on for so long , in this " limbo state ", but you just have to keep going.  There is no other option. I hope you feel better, soon.  Keep hanging on.

Hi AliG,

It has been a while, sorry to hear about your heart issues.

I know how scary this can be.

I get SVT'S and ectopic beats too.

I have had this for many years, prior to meds.

This has been the source of my anxiety for many years.

My attacks last for couple of seconds and can be provoked by sudden movement, eg. picking something up from the ground.

My doctor told me that if you have an attack, try baring down, like you need to go to the toilet.

This slows the heart rate. Coughing also s lows the heart rate down. Even massaging eye sockets. Don't ask me how that works, Lol, my doctor told me this. :) Always carry cold water with you. Drinking cold water helps too.

I know how scary this can be.

I almost fainted behind the wheel once, and that scared the crap out of me.

I really understand how that feels.

SVT'S are usually begnine, so nothing bad will happen.

How is everything else going? Are you still tappering?

Take care, Hopefull. :)

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

Thanks Hopeful .     :)       Good to hear from you.  You obviously understand this. I didn't have it prior to meds, and mine can go on for hours. It is usually brought on by stress / high cortisol.   Like you said there are things you can do to jolt the heart back into rhythm.  Deep breathing , ice  etc.  It is annoying , but fairly harmless, apparently.  However, if it goes on for too long  you can be in trouble , with the risk of heart attack etc.   I have been told to ring an ambulance , as soon as it starts. (assuming it's more than a few minutes. ) I don't do this. I wait an hour, at least.   I do believe the drugs have caused this. I was always healthy (pre-drugs).  I'm sorry you have it also.

I'm not tapering . Never have, unfortunately.  Always hard C/T. Not even a few weeks of cutting . Just stopped !  Approximately  20 months off  . :wacko:

Thanks for your support , Hopeful.

Hi Ali. Thank you for stopping by my thread and for your words of encouragement. Sorry to hear of your episodes with your heart. We all are dealing with withdrawal symptoms some as different as night and day. It's important to keep a positive attitude as best we can don't you think? At least that is my mindset. It is my sincere hope that you continue to use discernment as you have and that you continue to heal.

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. 47 different drugs. Over 57 thousand pills. Tapered off final cocktail February 1st, 2013- September 9th, 2019. For Hashimotos I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. BP meds. For supplements I take B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

Thanks Marsha.  It's ok .  I'm not really worried. It's a nuisance , more than anything.  I just like to avoid the hospital , if I possibly can.  LOL.    :)     Yes, I agree with you. Positivity is key, in this process . I'm so pleased that you're feeling a lift in your spirits.  I hope this continues for you. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Ali - 

here's a thought - holidays, and SVT's.

Your day to day stress - just walking out the door can be stressful for you - is not "safe" to feel.

You know how, when there's a disaster like a car accident, and you are cool, calm and collected until you deal with the police and the ambulance, and the car and the wrecker and the person yelling lies in your face until you get a rental car and a hotel room or whatever it is you need?

THEN, when you are in that safe space, after the disaster - you collapse into a heap of blubber.

What if your SVT's are waiting for a "safe place" for you to have your cortisol attacks?  It's not safe at home, because you still have to deal with stuff there.  But away from home.....

(geez, that would make me either never want to leave home - or - never return home while on holidays!)

Hope this finds you sleeping and feeling better, <3

Hi Ali; I've read most of your thread and I can't believe how strong you are! I can't wait to see you fully healed! I hope it happens very quickly...just wanted to say thank you for always stopping by and giving me encouragement. It is more helpful than you know. What kind of music do you do? Hugs, Rachel

I was on Mirtazapine 30 mg for 2.5 years because of severe debilitating menopause related depression and physical symptoms. I tapered down to zero in 2.5 months. Five weeks off on November 10, I started having severe withdrawal symptoms. Took small reinstatement and continued updosing until 30 mg Nov. 30, 2015 as nothing seemed to be getting better and I was impatient. Made a desperate mistake and tried two other ssri's for eight days, bad side effects and stopped. Went back to 30 mg of Mirtazapine and nothing else as of January 14, 2016. Slowly started getting better. After two months symptoms became manageable and continue to slowly fade.

I also take 1.25 mg Premarin/Climara patch for menopause symptoms and have to wean off that too.

Hi AliG,

I hope you're having a good day. I just stopped by to say "Hi" and to tell you I do NOT have a headache today. 

Hugs,

Leahy

Hi AliG

I hope you are feeling good today I really send all my prayers for you. You take your time in this forum to help a lot of people that are struggling with great advice it's amazing. Have a good day

Hardy

Currently suffer extreme CFS, Lyme, adrenal fatigue, bad gut issues, reaction bad to mold basically etc home a lot. Can hardly walk all I get crash easily. 
I’m currently on mirtizapine 1.7mg and Reboxetine 0.4mg. I did a cut on reboxetine on the 19/4/20 around 11%. 
Also taking Ativan since January 2mg. 

Yes, AliG. Hardy is correct. You take your time to help so many people with good advise. We love you!

Leahy

Thank you.    .   :)   I like the " old " music. Elvis , Beatles, Beachboys , Dido and Celine  etc.  It does have a way of  uplifting your day .  :)