I had terrible experience trip to China this summer.

I was forced to took the similar drugs in hospital that schizor had two years ago (Zeprexa -up to 20 mg-  for a month and Zoloft(sertraline HCL) for 8 days). my mom lied to me into local mental hospital by telling me to have health examination(never mentioned "mental hospital"). I never had any psych episode. upon the arrival, worker from there tied me on the bed and lock me up in the cage, then give me a shot(no idea what is it, makes me feel lost ability to be angry) without any explanation or reason.

Since then, I was forced to take pills nurse have given without any diagnosis or examination. they avoid to answer my question of what kind illness i have by saying simply saying my brain is messy. they also rejected to my request to call U.S embassy as i known they violated my right of freedom, and right to decide to whether to receive treatment. I'm not sure these rights are still valid oversea tho.

after 32 days hospitalization i was released,I cold turkey zeprexa(20mg) due to the panic when i got boxes of prescription medicine and realize i was taking some serious drug, where i seen the description on zeprexa box(drug against schizophrenia, and prevent bipolar disorder in chinese)  on my way home from hospital.

My mom explanation was she feel uncomfortable that i kept staying in house for long time period without going outside; she thought i had mental problem. she said she told that to doctor the second day i was locked up and doctor suggest in patient treatment. I was very healthy person(both mentally and physically). I do not have any schizophrenia symptoms like hallucination and delusion. but after the treatment my mental is'nt healthy any more. I planed to law suit the hospital, but my mom stopped it, she said it won't work in China and regret taking me to psychiatric hospital, she never thought i would lock up, doctor have not told her i was taking (Zyprexa) dangerous drug in hospital.

The first day off the zeprexa was delibitating, I feel i was almost die when i laid down on bed, suffered from headache, insomnia, restless leg syndrome(lasted for about 20 days after off zeprexa). lost interest in hobby, lost motivation, depression,depersonalized.

doctor prescribed me Sertraline HCL(made by chinese company) to boost my mood. when i took it for eighth day. my emotion blunted(not sure if sertraline hcl(SSRI) or the side effect of Zyprexa caused apathy), when my emotion got blunted my head feel like take mento in mouth and that sensation brain feel, not sure if anyone feel the same when emotion got blunted.  I stopped it immediately after i felt i lost all my feelings. as of my personality, i become indifferent(make me not to care about anything).

It been about  45 days since i got off these drug, I dont know if i should go back and taper these drugs or wait to recover. any suggestions?

7/14/2016-8/16/2016 Zyprexa(olanzapine) up to 20mg. cold turkey after released from hospital[/size]
8/20/2016-8/28/2016 sertraline HCL (made by chinese company)[/size]

Edited by Skeeter
Added paragraphs (ChessieCat); tags added (scallywag)"Tapper" fix (Skeeter)

7/14/2016-8/16/2016 Zyprexa(olanzapine) up to 20mg. cold turkey after released from hospital
8/20/2016-8/28/2016 sertraline HCL (made by chinese company)

• Moderator Emeritus

kevin21 -- Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants (SA)

I'm sorry that you had that dreadful experience on your visit to see your family in China. I hope you'll find the information in the SA forums helpful for your situation. I'm sorry that you are in the position that you need the information, but am glad that you found us.

Thank you for summarizing your medication history at the bottom of her post. Here are instructions on how to create a signature that will appear below each of your posts:
Please put your withdrawal history in signature

The symptoms you experienced are well know withdrawal symptoms. You can learn more about them in this topic:
What is withdrawal syndrome

The only known effective method of easing withdrawal symptoms is to reinstate a very small dose of the medication you discontinued. Reinstatement works for many people but not for all. There is no way to know whether it cause problems for you before trying it. That is why we suggest starting with a low dose. Please read this topic about reinstating, especially the very first post. If you have any questions, please post them here in your introduction topic.
About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

You may be interested in the information in these topics:
Tips for tapering off Zyprexa (olanzapine)
Tips for tapering off Zoloft (sertraline)
Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

This is YOUR introduction topic -- the place for you to ask questions, record symptoms, share your progress, and connect with other members of the SA community.

Again, welcome!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

• Moderator Emeritus

Kevin,

I do not have much advice to offer, but I am horrified at the treatment you endured.  It makes me want to cry for you.

I an so glad we have you on US soil.  You my end up with something called PTSD from the barbaric treatment.  If, after you get your mind and body used to being off of the drugs, taking to a therapist (psychologist) carries no shame here. I say this because you admit you are not fine right now. They might be able to help you cope with what happened to you.  You can always change therapists if you do not like the first ones you meet. Now once you get your body and mind back to normal if you choose to taper the meds correctly, or whatever you choose, once you feel better physically, and the meds are properly out of you brain, you may find your mind is at peace, or maybe not, there is no way to tell.  If you are physically able to make it to see a therapist, there is no reason you have to put off seeing one, it is all up to you.  Therapists cannot and will not force drugs on you, and they cannot lock you up (they can call for help if you are a danger to yourself or others- but you have to say you want to harm yourself or others, and no, you will not get in trouble if in anger you say something like "I could kill those docs for what they did to me!" You have no plan, there is a BIG difference). You went through what a prisoner must go through. That is so traumatic!! I know I would need help if I went through that. Talking to good friends might help, too. 

I cannot believe you went for a normal visit, and your family trusts the hospital with you. Are the hospitals government run? I am shocked that they put you in a cage!  How long have you lived in the US, and how long did you live in China in your life, just curious, you do not need to respond if you do not wish to. I am so surprised that your mom did that to you.  How long were you supposed to visit for, and how long was your actual visit, hospitalization included?

Everyone is very supportive here, so you have found a great place. IMO! I hope you feel better soon!

Nice to meet you!

Skeeter

Current meds: Lexapro 20mg, Valium 6.25mg
Current status: September 2018 forced to go down to 10mg of Valium/Diazepam from around 15mg, with the plan to have me totally of in 2 more months. I was not given a chance to give input at tapering at this speed, please go much, much slower. Luckily I found a new doctor, but was thrown off course by my rapid taper, as of 2/19 am down to 6.25mg, and am stable. Will update with dates of taper ASAP.
Read my history here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12819-skeeters-journey/

I am NOT a doctor. My opinions are just that- MY opinions, based on my personal experiences and research, but your experience and reactions may differ greatly, we are all different! I maintain that a doctor educated in withdrawal is the best place to get info or to get the "go ahead" before changing your medications in any way!