Hey @pugyou said you dealt with constipation. I’m currently also dealing with that. Going in for months. How long did this last for you? It’s super tough 

Example:

2018 - Started Effexor 37.5 in Janurary of 2018
2019 January, 2nd  - Cold Turkeyed from Effexor for 3 days. Reinstated on the third day, then stabilized(It took 3 months to stabilize)

2019 June - I switched from Effexor instant release to Extended Release 37.5 for better tapering. I tapered to 50% in 4 weeks before reinstating my dosage back to 37.5(due to withdrawls). I waited 2 months to stabilize but never did at 37.5

2019 September - continued to taper in to 25% on extended release

2019 October - continued to taper to half of the beads(18.75mg)... WIthdrawls were so bad I tried switching back to the instant release at the same dosage(18.75mg)

2019 November 28th - Discontinued effexor at 18.75 without anymore tapering.

2020 January - Just can't sleep, have constipation, low libido and still lack of full emotion

hi pug. i hope you are still herem i sent you a message privately bc it deals with a symptoms of mine i dont want to be talked about publicly. 

2020, October the 2nd

(in this members words)

Off the offending meds now for 1.5 years

Zoloft, Lexapro, then a whole ton of drugs i was destroyed by in hospitals

Hello all,

Although it has been awhile, I am still here!  Lets get right to the questions posted above and then I will post a brief update on how I am doing.

Shoulder and back pain, nerve pain:  I still deal with nerve pain, mostly in my shoulders and random places elsewhere on my body.  It is worse during the night and can wake me up, but for the most part it is just an annoyance and I can work through it; even during hard exercise or weightlifting.  I have no doubts that as time goes by this symptom will continue to improve and eventually be gone.

PSSD:  I think this symptom is nearly completely healed and I am functioning at a level that is appropriate for a person my age.  As frustrating and disheartening as this symptom is I do believe that it heals just as the others do and that recovery is possible and is the natural progression of our healing journey.

Constipation:  This symptom has troubled me on and off during recovery, but is also improved and hopefully gone for me.  Like the other symptoms, we have to do our best to manage them and cope as long as it takes; and wait for the healing to happen.  I am better.

Sleep:  I now get between 5 to 7 hours of sleep per night with an occasional bad night of only a few hours.  I am generally energetic during the day and seem to be getting enough quality sleep to do the things I need and want to do.  And I feel that it will continue to improve as time goes by. 

Permanent symptoms:  I do not believe that our symptoms are permanent.  They can persist for a very, very long time, but I think given time they completely heal or become so minor they do not keep us from living our lives.  For those who profess that their symptoms are permanent, I would question if they can be certain it is 100% from withdrawal/recovery or if there might be other things that are contributing to their challenges?  No disrespect to them, I completely understand and sympathize with what they are going through, but have they given it enough time to 100% say that any symptom is permanent?  At the 3 year mark I would have told you that brain zaps must be a permanent symptom since I still had them regularly and in a pretty nasty way.  But today, I can tell you that they are not permanent since I no longer have them as of about 6 months ago.  So it is a perspective that comes from passing time and being able to look back and see that we have healed from so much.

Update on how I am doing:  I continue to improve, slowly and in small ways, but I know that improvement is happening.  I now only deal with nerve pain, occasional sleep issues, feel a little unwell a few hours in the morning on a day here and there, and maybe have my emotions go a little off every now and then.  But really, this is so minor compared to where I was for a very long time.  I have been at this for over 5 years now and if there is one thing I have learned, it is that time can heal us from the living hell that withdrawal can be!  Our job is to not give up, keep pushing forward in any manner that we can, and stay as hopeful as possible about our recovery.  

When I had started my journey all those years ago, I use to wonder why folks disappeared and did not return to the forum?  I of course assumed the worst, that they were permanently damaged and had given up on recovery, when the opposite was true.  They had healed and moved on with their life!  It has happened to me as I have healed; the need for support and encouragement lessens and your life fills up once again with pleasant and enjoyable things, so that you start to forget just how bad it was.  This is why I come back here less than in the past, I am busy with a happy life!  And the good news is that you will be like me in time, so don't give up or quit, when you could be so close to the miracle of recovery!  I believe in you, and I 100% believe that you can do this and recover to experience your joyful life!  I have and you will to!

Wishing everyone here health and healing.

pug

20+ years of Zoloft 50-100 mg CT 03/2014 for 5 months
Back on Prozac 20 mg for 4 months CT since 11/2014
Found this forum the last day of 2014
The secret is to keep going!  Time will heal.

Thanks @pug! For the response. Gives me encouragement. One last question for you! Did it just feel like your muscles weren’t working properly when you tried “pushing”. That’s what my constipation feels like. 

Example:

2019 January, 2nd  - Cold Turkeyed from Effexor for 3 days. Reinstated on the third day, then stabilized(It took 3 months to stabilize)

2019 June - I switched from Effexor instant release to Extended Release 37.5 for better tapering. I tapered to 50% in 4 weeks before reinstating my dosage back to 37.5(due to withdrawls). I waited 2 months to stabilize but never did at 37.5

2019 October - continued to taper to half of the beads(18.75mg)... WIthdrawls were so bad I tried switching back to the instant release at the same dosage(18.75mg)

2020 January - Just can't sleep, have constipation, low libido and still lack of full emotion

• Moderator Emeritus

Pug your post is very encouraging.  good for you for sticking this out and for coming back here to encourage us and let us know that healing happens.  Jennifer

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

20 hours ago, pug said:
Hello all,

Although it has been awhile, I am still here!  Lets get right to the questions posted above and then I will post a brief update on how I am doing.

Shoulder and back pain, nerve pain:  I still deal with nerve pain, mostly in my shoulders and random places elsewhere on my body.  It is worse during the night and can wake me up, but for the most part it is just an annoyance and I can work through it; even during hard exercise or weightlifting.  I have no doubts that as time goes by this symptom will continue to improve and eventually be gone.

PSSD:  I think this symptom is nearly completely healed and I am functioning at a level that is appropriate for a person my age.  As frustrating and disheartening as this symptom is I do believe that it heals just as the others do and that recovery is possible and is the natural progression of our healing journey.

Constipation:  This symptom has troubled me on and off during recovery, but is also improved and hopefully gone for me.  Like the other symptoms, we have to do our best to manage them and cope as long as it takes; and wait for the healing to happen.  I am better.

Sleep:  I now get between 5 to 7 hours of sleep per night with an occasional bad night of only a few hours.  I am generally energetic during the day and seem to be getting enough quality sleep to do the things I need and want to do.  And I feel that it will continue to improve as time goes by. 

Permanent symptoms:  I do not believe that our symptoms are permanent.  They can persist for a very, very long time, but I think given time they completely heal or become so minor they do not keep us from living our lives.  For those who profess that their symptoms are permanent, I would question if they can be certain it is 100% from withdrawal/recovery or if there might be other things that are contributing to their challenges?  No disrespect to them, I completely understand and sympathize with what they are going through, but have they given it enough time to 100% say that any symptom is permanent?  At the 3 year mark I would have told you that brain zaps must be a permanent symptom since I still had them regularly and in a pretty nasty way.  But today, I can tell you that they are not permanent since I no longer have them as of about 6 months ago.  So it is a perspective that comes from passing time and being able to look back and see that we have healed from so much.

Update on how I am doing:  I continue to improve, slowly and in small ways, but I know that improvement is happening.  I now only deal with nerve pain, occasional sleep issues, feel a little unwell a few hours in the morning on a day here and there, and maybe have my emotions go a little off every now and then.  But really, this is so minor compared to where I was for a very long time.  I have been at this for over 5 years now and if there is one thing I have learned, it is that time can heal us from the living hell that withdrawal can be!  Our job is to not give up, keep pushing forward in any manner that we can, and stay as hopeful as possible about our recovery.  

When I had started my journey all those years ago, I use to wonder why folks disappeared and did not return to the forum?  I of course assumed the worst, that they were permanently damaged and had given up on recovery, when the opposite was true.  They had healed and moved on with their life!  It has happened to me as I have healed; the need for support and encouragement lessens and your life fills up once again with pleasant and enjoyable things, so that you start to forget just how bad it was.  This is why I come back here less than in the past, I am busy with a happy life!  And the good news is that you will be like me in time, so don't give up or quit, when you could be so close to the miracle of recovery!  I believe in you, and I 100% believe that you can do this and recover to experience your joyful life!  I have and you will to!

Wishing everyone here health and healing.

pug

Hi Pug 

thank you so much for your update. 
did the tinnitus resolve for you too? 

so glad you are living a happy life after all that you have been through . 

thank you for returning 

LRH

Nov 2018 Pregabalin 2x50 mg a day to help with Paxil WD. Aug 2019 2 x 25mg a day, April 2020 45mg, May 40mg, June 35mg, July 30mg, end July 25mg, Aug 24mg, June 2021 14mg, Jan 2022 14mg (2x7mg a day), Oct 10mg, Nov 5mg, December 25th 2022 0mg 🎈

Oct 2004 - Oct 2018 Paxil 20 mg, Nov 15mg, Dec 10mg,  Feb 2019 7.5mg crashed, Feb 8.5mg, Nov 8mg, March 2020 7.2mg, April 6.5mg, May 5.9mg, June 5.4mg, July 4.8mg, Dec 4.5mg, Jan 2021 4mg, Feb 3.6mg, March 3.2mg, April 2.9mg, Aug 2.7mg, Sept 2.4mg, Oct 2.2mg, Nov 2mg, Dec 1.8mg, Feb 2022 1.6mg, March 1.4mg, April 1.2mg, May 1.0mg, June 0.8mg, July 0.6mg, Aug 0.4mg, Sep 0.2mg, October 6th 2022 0mg  🎈

December 25th 2022 drug free 

these dates are approximate 

Thanks for your update Pug!

I always love to read your posts. 

You give me hope. 

2019 2.1 mg amitriptyline ,15th july 2.1 mg, 22-7 2.09 mg, 29-7 2.08 mg, 5-8 2.09 mg , 7-8 2.1 mg . 2020 Holding at 2.1 mg

2019 125 mg lyrica, 15th july 124,5 mg, 22-7 124 mg, 29-7 123,5 mg, 4-8 124 mg 2020 holding at 124 mg

2015 january building up my medication to 450 mg lyrica and 50 mg amitriptyline for face ache after a rootcanal treatment at the dentist. 2016 february start tapering lyrica from 450 mg to 200 mg 2016 october tapered 25 mg amitriptyline to 25 mg 2017 tapered lyrica from 200 mg to 100 mg 2017 september tapered my last tablet of 25 mg amitriptyline to zero  (horrible muscle pain started) 2018 february tapered lyrica from 100 mg to 75 mg (my muscle pain got worse and I have a lot of nervepain in my arms and legs, sometimes all over musclepain and nerve pain and burning pain) 2018 may reinstated 25 mg lyrica. My current dose is 100 mg lyrica. My pain is still very bad but a little less intense, my mood improved. 2018 since 22th may updose amitriptyline.  9 beads. 2018 june updosing lyrica. 2018 16 th june 125 mg lyrica and 9 beads amitriptyline ( 2mg) Now I'm doing a long hold. I can't taper anymore. Too much pain. I hope to stabilize and improve while holding. I'm trying graded activity to get rid of my pain. 2019 1 jan. Lyrica 125 mg (holding) 2019 1 jan. Amitriptyline tapering from 9 beads to 8 beads (1 jan. 2019),  8,5 beads (5 jan 19), 9 beads (16 jan 19) tapper attempt failed

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2020 at 10:11 AM, Longroadhome said:

Hi Pug 

thank you so much for your update. 
did the tinnitus resolve for you too? 

so glad you are living a happy life after all that you have been through . 

thank you for returning 

LRH

I still have mild tinnitus, mostly in the background.  Some days it is gone and other days loud enough that I notice it, but most days it is only there if I stop and concentrate on trying to hear it.  At it's worst, mine was so loud I could barely hear, or stand the constant high tension sizzling that tortured me.  It has been one of the last symptoms to improve and start to fade, and I am grateful for that.

Wishing you all the best,

pug

@pug

Thank you for always coming back and updating. Im so greatful that last symptom is starting to get better for you! Im almost 26 months definitely not in the excruciating hell i once was but every day is still a struggle.  I have easier times but i still have inner aka, dread, depression, horrible intrusive thoughts although not as loud as they once wete still very hard and an over all feeling of "wanting to die" more so of not wantong to live like this but of course i do want to live. Just scared this far out that i still have these awful things. I was thinking the suicidal stuff would have been gone by now. I am having improvements things arent as intense but its still rough. Any reassurance?! Thanks so much. Hope your well and safe.

13 months on 25 mg of sertraline.

Fast taper in march 2018, reinstated 12.5mg

Cold turkey sertraline april 17,2018

Zyprexa 5mg april 17,2018

Zyprexa taper to lamictal May 4-13 (life threatening rash)

Back on zyprexa 5mg for 10days & tapered over 5 weeks.

21 months off sertraline 

19 months off zyprexa

22 months into withdrawl 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/23/2020 at 4:33 PM, Elyssa143 said:

@pug

Thank you for always coming back and updating. Im so greatful that last symptom is starting to get better for you! Im almost 26 months definitely not in the excruciating hell i once was but every day is still a struggle.  I have easier times but i still have inner aka, dread, depression, horrible intrusive thoughts although not as loud as they once wete still very hard and an over all feeling of "wanting to die" more so of not wantong to live like this but of course i do want to live. Just scared this far out that i still have these awful things. I was thinking the suicidal stuff would have been gone by now. I am having improvements things arent as intense but its still rough. Any reassurance?! Thanks so much. Hope your well and safe.

Hello,

The best reassurance that I can give is that I am more confident now than ever that we can all recover from this process and regain our happy, healthy lives.  From my own experience, if we keep going, don't quit, and make survival our goal until things start to improve, we are going to heal and get better, it is the natural course of this process!  So do your best to make today as good as possible, and if there is not good to be found, just survive.  That is all, and that is the key here, survive until tomorrow and then one day you will begin to feel better and that better feeling will stay with you, and you will be on your way!  Time is answer.

All the best,

pug

22 hours ago, pug said:

Hello,

The best reassurance that I can give is that I am more confident now than ever that we can all recover from this process and regain our happy, healthy lives.  From my own experience, if we keep going, don't quit, and make survival our goal until things start to improve, we are going to heal and get better, it is the natural course of this process!  So do your best to make today as good as possible, and if there is not good to be found, just survive.  That is all, and that is the key here, survive until tomorrow and then one day you will begin to feel better and that better feeling will stay with you, and you will be on your way!  Time is answer.

All the best,

pug

@pug

hi There 

you may have been asked this question before but why did you go on ADs I think I read somewhere it was due to suffering anxiety and depression? 
if so were you worried after coming off that the anxiety and depression would remain ? 
I ask this because it’s the reason I started on ADs and now I’m tapering the anxiety and depression are severe 

thank you Pug 

Nov 2018 Pregabalin 2x50 mg a day to help with Paxil WD. Aug 2019 2 x 25mg a day, April 2020 45mg, May 40mg, June 35mg, July 30mg, end July 25mg, Aug 24mg, June 2021 14mg, Jan 2022 14mg (2x7mg a day), Oct 10mg, Nov 5mg, December 25th 2022 0mg 🎈

Oct 2004 - Oct 2018 Paxil 20 mg, Nov 15mg, Dec 10mg,  Feb 2019 7.5mg crashed, Feb 8.5mg, Nov 8mg, March 2020 7.2mg, April 6.5mg, May 5.9mg, June 5.4mg, July 4.8mg, Dec 4.5mg, Jan 2021 4mg, Feb 3.6mg, March 3.2mg, April 2.9mg, Aug 2.7mg, Sept 2.4mg, Oct 2.2mg, Nov 2mg, Dec 1.8mg, Feb 2022 1.6mg, March 1.4mg, April 1.2mg, May 1.0mg, June 0.8mg, July 0.6mg, Aug 0.4mg, Sep 0.2mg, October 6th 2022 0mg  🎈

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Pug

We have been down somewhat similar paths. I am currently where you were when you started this post - 2.5 years off Effexor. Like you, I had been on an antidepressant for 20 years, tapered too quickly, reinstated with Cymbalta for three months and finally had to CT off that for medical reasons.

Just after the two year mark there was noticeable improvement - so much that I almost thought withdrawal was, perhaps, coming to a close. How wrong I was! The past months have seen a resurgence of symptoms...

Your thread has been of great comfort to me since the beginning of this ordeal. I return to it regularly and it never fails to give me hope to persevere. Thank you for reaching out to us all at SA to let us know that there is, indeed, a light at the end of the tunnel ❤️

Effexor XR 75mg 1997-2012 

Effexor XR 37.5mg 2012-2017 (tapered off over six months - finished taper July 2017)

SCA Aug 12th, 2017

Cymbalta 30mg Aug 2017 - Nov 2017 (CT Nov. 17th for medical reasons)

Metoprolol 50mg Aug 2017 - Feb 2019 tapered down to 25mg June 2019 then tapered down to zero. Off Metoprolol as of Jan 2020        

Amiodarone (anti-arrhythmic med) 200mg Nov 2017- May 2018

Supplements: Omega 3, vitamin D3, magnesium

What helps me: Manual lymphatic drainage massage, acupressure, meditation, homeopathy (my psychiatrist is also a certified homeopath), a healthy diet when possible organic, yoga, walking my dogs every day and gardening.

On 3/31/2020 at 2:15 AM, pug said:

I have been at this for over 5 years now and if there is one thing I have learned, it is that time can heal us from the living hell that withdrawal can be!  Our job is to not give up, keep pushing forward in any manner that we can, and stay as hopeful as possible about our recovery.  

Pug,

I am over 4 years off drugs.  I still can't deal with things like talking.  I cannot enjoy things.  I am having insomnia again for last 3 months...  

I felt broken with no confidence left so over to take any task. 

There was a period when I started went outside for 8-9 months .. but these moods have killed that too. 

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda

• Mentor

I keep reading your story over and over again and it never fails to give me hope while i am in the thick of it. Every second of the mental horror show feels like an eternity. Thank you so much pug!

Cymbalta 30 mg- 60 mg 

06/2016-  10/2018 ( Cold Turkey) 

On 5/19/2020 at 11:37 AM, Longroadhome said:

@pug

hi There 

you may have been asked this question before but why did you go on ADs I think I read somewhere it was due to suffering anxiety and depression? 
if so were you worried after coming off that the anxiety and depression would remain ? 
I ask this because it’s the reason I started on ADs and now I’m tapering the anxiety and depression are severe 

thank you Pug 

Hello,

Yes, I was extremely worried to the point of obsession that I would relapse into depression and anxiety.  All of that worry of course happens because our brain and nervous system are injured from taking the drugs and trying to quit, and we are unable to quiet our own thoughts.  I was wrong, the depression and anxiety have not come back, and any that I experienced during recovery were just a symptom of recovery itself.  So accept that you have these worries and then try your best to dismiss them or ignore them, they are not true.  Wait until you are fully recovered to see where you are at with former issues, and see if they are even an issue any more.  Remember, we grow and change with time, and once we stop the drugs we get a chance to discover who we are now, which is different that who we were then when we had those issues.  

All the best, 

pug

On 6/7/2020 at 12:52 PM, bhasski said:

Pug,

I am over 4 years off drugs.  I still can't deal with things like talking.  I cannot enjoy things.  I am having insomnia again for last 3 months...  

I felt broken with no confidence left so over to take any task. 

There was a period when I started went outside for 8-9 months .. but these moods have killed that too. 

Hello,

So sorry you are still suffering so much.  All I can say is, don't quit and don't give up.  Time is a miraculous healer and it works for us all, you included.

Keep going!

Wishing you healing,

pug

On 6/7/2020 at 6:57 PM, Amira123 said:

I keep reading your story over and over again and it never fails to give me hope while i am in the thick of it. Every second of the mental horror show feels like an eternity. Thank you so much pug!

Hello,

You are very welcome! I want everyone to experience the healing and renewed life that I have after getting most of the way through this process.  It is difficult to see so many good people suffering, but I know that they can recover and become well again because I have experienced it.  So please keep going and don't quit.

Much love and caring to everyone here.

pug

3 hours ago, pug said:

Hello,

You are very welcome! I want everyone to experience the healing and renewed life that I have after getting most of the way through this process.  It is difficult to see so many good people suffering, but I know that they can recover and become well again because I have experienced it.  So please keep going and don't quit.

Much love and caring to everyone here.

pug

thank you so much Pug for the success story.

when did you feel that you anxiety has lifted?

june 2014 to feb  2015- on xanax 0.25 to 1mg/day- then CT - jan 2016 - panic attack, went on 3.75mg remeron to sleep march 2016- CT remeron (because it caused me tinnitus)- deep depression, couldn't sleep because of  intrusive Tinnitus

april to june 2016- valium 4mg, xanax as needed, lunesta 3mg

june 2016 - valium 4mg, lexapro 10mg

oct 2016- valium 2mg, lexapro 10mg- hold

march 2017- started daily micro liquid taper of valium and lex- -taper speed 0.0033mg valium daily and 0.033mg lex daily

may 2018- valium 1mg, lexapro 2.4mg - i had to slow down the rate of my daily micro taper considerably

LAST dose of Lexapro: 0.05mg on 05/17/19

LAST dose of valium: 0.04mg on 08/18/19

April 26th 2020- intense panic attack that lasted 4 days, akatisia, 0 sleep- suicidal, almost hospitalized- took rescue doses over 2 days- total: 1.5mg xanax, 18mg valium, 2x5mg lexapro

5 hours ago, pug said:

Hello,

Yes, I was extremely worried to the point of obsession that I would relapse into depression and anxiety.  All of that worry of course happens because our brain and nervous system are injured from taking the drugs and trying to quit, and we are unable to quiet our own thoughts.  I was wrong, the depression and anxiety have not come back, and any that I experienced during recovery were just a symptom of recovery itself.  So accept that you have these worries and then try your best to dismiss them or ignore them, they are not true.  Wait until you are fully recovered to see where you are at with former issues, and see if they are even an issue any more.  Remember, we grow and change with time, and once we stop the drugs we get a chance to discover who we are now, which is different that who we were then when we had those issues.  

All the best, 

pug

Thank you so much for your reply . You are always so positive and uplifting . 
I notice you don’t visit  the site as often as you did You’re  getting on with living your life and that is just wonderful for people like me still in the thick of it to see. 
However you  show compassion and kindness to return even now to answer questions and reassure. 

Thank you with all my heart 

LRH 

Your story is my no 1 - go to. I can relate to everything you went through as im here, almost 22 months out in endless misery. I was just wondering about the cold like - sympthoms, i have it too. Like waking up with a virus and sinusissues everyday. Was it that for you too? Did you have "feverfeeling" like low grade? I would love to get som exercise done but i feel sick as a dog afterwards, but it did help for you? Many questions..i know. But youre my inspiration! All love to you. 

2008 - Setralin 150mg, CT after 1 year. 
2015 - Venlafaxin 150mg. CT after 1 month. 
2016 - Brintellix 100mg, CT after  2 years.

January - Mirtazapin 25 mg, CT after 1 month. 
Mars - Setralin 100 mg. CT after 1 month. 
August- Lexapro 5 mg. CT after 1 month, adverse reaction. Stopped all benzo, sleeping pills here too. 

January - Took fluconazol and itraconazol, strong reaction, like bein floxed. 

January - Used progesteronecream 200mg a day for 1 month. Severe reaction month 2 so i stopped (maybe built up cream in tissues?) 

April - Took plan-B, this messed me up the most. 

• 1 month later...

Hi pug,

Congratulations on recovery and deservedly leading a happy life once again.

Couple of quick questions if I can. Did you experience social awkwardness and at what point along the process did your mental symptoms start to ease? I’m 18 months off after cold turkey discontinuation of Sertraline and have started experiencing moments of reprieve where life feels easier & clearer for days at a time which are then preceded By similarly lengthened stints of feeling awfully ill where I’m once again brain dead, non functional and most worryingly for myself anti social / borderline agoraphobic (An extremely irritating symptom as everything in my life prior has been built around my natural social ability).  Any input and advice would be great.  Thanks bro 😊

Kimbo

OCT 2016 -  I quit Sertraline 50 mg CT after a family bereavement  had turned my life upside down ..  as a result it felt the drug was totally ineffective. 

MAY 2017-  After what had been an appalling 6 months (which i thought was horrific grief but now realise it is likely withdrawal is the more likely culprit)  I reinstated Sertraline at 50 mg before raising the dose to 100 mg due to not feeling any effect (again this is something that makes sense now). In time i had started to feel normal again and presumed it was because I had worked my way through my prolonged grief.  

FEB 2019 -  Life was now back on track and decided it was time to try and rid myself of the shameful daily pill pop that is AD's. I quit Sertraline Via a fast taper... but may aswell have been a CT.

JUN 2019 -  I found SA . .. realised i was withdrawing .. and had inadvertently made multiple mistakes along the way.

NOV 2019 - I'm roughly 8-9 months into withdrawal & STRUGGLING

Hi Pug,

Has your tinnitus resolved since your recovery success? I know you said that it was one of your last lingering symptoms

1. Started Wellbutrin 75 mg IR the end of 2015.
  2. Tried quitting cold turkey in June 30th- July 3rd 2017.
  3. Had severe withdrawals.
  4. Was placed on Wellbutrin 100mg SR so I could taper without withdrawal.
  5. Stabilized on 100mg SR for most of the month of July.
  6. Started tapering on July 17th,  2017.
  7. Completed taper on August 8th, 2017.
  8. Currently experiencing severe withdrawal.
  • Symptoms- Currently experiencing anhedonia, depersonalization/derealization, concentration/memory issues, chronic congestion, chronic dry eyes, dry skin, dislocated TMJ joint from teeth grinding during C/T withdrawal, waves of depression, anxiety, nausea, morning cortisol spikes, insomnia, agitation, food sensitivities, no tolerance for caffeine and chronic fatigue, burning muscle pain in upper and lower back and occasional tinninitus.
  • Supplements- Omega-3 fish oil supplement twice daily, 100 mg of magnesium once daily. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Pug

You are helping lots of people by posting your experience here. Thank you. Good job.

I am now 4.5 years AD free. I feel much better now than before. There are still some symptoms lingering, but not hampering my life.

I have some questions to you. I apologize in advance if these are repeated questions.

Have you taken any supplements, vitamins throughout your WD journey? If yes, can you shed some light on this issue. How did it make you feel? Did it help in curing any of your WD symptoms?

Did you do anything to your brain zap? or did it just wean off on its own? Because I am still having electric shock in my body every now and then. It is not severe however.

Hope to hear from you soon.

2010-2016 Cipralex 25mg

October 31, 2015: Started tapering

March 29, 2016: 0 mg Cipralex 

2016: severe withdrawal symptoms.

Pug,

I think I remember when you showed up on this forum. I was in the middle of it myself. So glad to hear you made it. There is hope at the end of the tunnel by God's grace.

Prozac 1999-2009 quit semi cold turkey.

2012 Placed on Seroquel 25 mg, Tranxene (Clorezepate) 3.75 mg 3x a day, Remeron 30 mg for anxiety/akathesia.

Weaned off Seroquel and Tranxene .to Remeron 15 Mg.

In May 2014 tried quitting Remeron at its lowest dose. Had severe withdrawals.Reinstated Remeron at 30 mg by doctor. August 5 2014 entered hospital. Doctor pulled the Remeron and bridged it to Pamelor (Nortriptyline) 40mg and Zyprexa 2.5mg.After removing the Remeron all my bad symptoms went away and I am stable.

9/11/14 - 7.5 mg tranxene, 40mg Pamelor, Zyprexa 2.5mg

12/29/14 -  20mg Pamelor, 1/6/15,  7/31/15 3.5mg, 8/10/15 3.2 mg, 9/15/15 2.2mg, 10/15/15 1.8mg

(Feb 2016 - 1.4mg Pamelor only -  OFF OF TRANXENE AND ZYPREXA SINCE DEC 2014 BENZO FREE Since 2014. Nortrityline (Pamelor) .8mg Aug 2016

March 2017 DRUG FREE

Pug

Can u give your phone no. 

I am from india

I need an urgent help

How can i contact u

2019-till date--bupron xl 150mg and nexito 20 or 10mg for on and off in every 2 months

For low libido 

Start on september of 2019

2017-2019 august ----fluxovin 50mg which cause sexual dsyction

I want to ask is there any antidode for sexual and dslsyfuction and emotions and feeling

@Deepu, although it is not against site rules to ask for contact information, it is not allowed on the open forums. Please make these requests via PM. Any contact information that shows up in a general post will be deleted. This is for the personal safety of both parties.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Pug, 

can you write something about your last big wave before it got better? 

How long was it and which symptomes did you have? 

I am 26 month after zero and I think it's getting from bad to worse. 

I can't find a lot of positiv reports. 

I hope you're still ok. Thanks for you positiv reports and for your feedback for so many people here. 

All love to you. Thanks

0 - 0 - 0 since 08.07.2018, 1 - 0 - 0 = 0,11 mg  since 21.05.2018, 2 - 0 - 0 = 0,22 mg since 01.05.2018, 3 - 0 - 0 = 0,33 mg since 09.04.2018, 3 - 1 - 0 = 0,45 mg since  04.03.2018, 3 - 2 - 0 = 0,56mg since 30.01.2018, 3 - 3 - 0 = 0,6666mg since 29.12.2017,  4 - 3 - 0 = 0,777mg since 18.09.2017, 4 - 4 - 0 = 0,8888 mg since 02.09.2017 

Cymbalta 120 mg 2011 - 2013. July 2013 I started to weaning off Cymbalta. 5 - 10 % from the last dose every 4 weeks, sometimes I must wait longer for the next reducting step. 

(Summer 2011  burn out with a severe depressive episode)

Hi Pina.

I have the same qestion as u have, iam at month 24 beause i tryed to reinstate otherwise i would be in month 26 as u.

I feel horrible the last days. 

If u feel the urge to explain a bit how u feel i am interessted to hear. Iam a bit confused about your signature, did u ween off almost 6 years? 

Started Venlafaxine around  2007-2008  for around 4,5-5 years 70mg

ca .2012  Taper as doctors advise 2 weeks skip a day and stop

7 -8 later months total breakdown after sruggling a lot Hospitalized

and started on Cipralex.

Taper as doctors advise: Mai 2018  from 20 to 10 mg escitalopram to zero in one Month.

supplements

Magnesium citrate 600 mg

Omega 3  2000 mg

vitamin D3 sometimes

Hello Miomio, 

I'll answer you here. I hope that's ok for pug. I'am not a native english speaker so it's a difficult for me to write it in the right words. 

Yes, I weaned of very slow from 2013 to July 2018. I couldn't go faster because it was really difficult for me. But the most horrible time for me were the last 17 month. It begun 8 or nine month after zero. Dizziness, nausea, backache, anxietie, feeling of pressure on/in the chest, itching, musste pain, hair loss, dry mouth, blendung gums, racing heart, head ache, muscle tension and a lot of things I don't remember at the moment. But not always all at once.It's more like one thing replaced to an other thing. The last 17 month weren't a lot of windows. Only some really short windows for a few hours or a few days. 

But I notice that I'm fitter again. I can make more things. I am more myself again. 

The withdrawals are really bad and I hate it. Such a hard way for years and month. For me the hardest part of withdrawal came 8 or nine month after zero. It's tough, but I hope we keep healing too. Pug story is my anchor of hope. 

I would also like to hear about your current story. Gladly also in my thread.

LG 

Pina

0 - 0 - 0 since 08.07.2018, 1 - 0 - 0 = 0,11 mg  since 21.05.2018, 2 - 0 - 0 = 0,22 mg since 01.05.2018, 3 - 0 - 0 = 0,33 mg since 09.04.2018, 3 - 1 - 0 = 0,45 mg since  04.03.2018, 3 - 2 - 0 = 0,56mg since 30.01.2018, 3 - 3 - 0 = 0,6666mg since 29.12.2017,  4 - 3 - 0 = 0,777mg since 18.09.2017, 4 - 4 - 0 = 0,8888 mg since 02.09.2017 

Cymbalta 120 mg 2011 - 2013. July 2013 I started to weaning off Cymbalta. 5 - 10 % from the last dose every 4 weeks, sometimes I must wait longer for the next reducting step. 

(Summer 2011  burn out with a severe depressive episode)

Hey, Pug, you mentioned you got hit six months out. Was this six months out from the CT from Zoloft or the CT from Prozac? A little confusing is all. 

Example:

"...Remember, we grow and change with time, and once we stop the drugs we get a chance to discover who we are now, which is different that who we were then when we had those issues.  All the best,  pug..."

Add to that, the fact that every so often we have leaps of maturity and have learned coping skills that we did not have as a younger person.

Starting ds 2 (12.5 CR'S) = 25 MG PAXIL CR 1/21/15: 1 Pill + 10mg liquid (2 weeks) 2/4: 1 Pill + 9mg Lq (3 weeks) 2/25: 1 Pill + 8 mg lq (1 week) 3/4: 1 Pill + 6 mg lq (2 weeks) 3/18/15 1 Pill + 4 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/1/15 1 Pill + 3 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/14/15 1 Pill + 2 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/29/15 1Pill + 1 mg lq (16 days) 5/15/15 1 12.5 mg Pill ONLY (9 days) 5/24/15 12 mgs liquid (8 days) 6/1/15 11mg lq (12 days) 6/13/15 10 mg.  12/3/15 Drop from 8mg to 7.6 (24 days to) 12/27/15 7.2mgs 8/4/16 6.8mgs,  11/1/16 6.4mgs, 2/5/17 6 mgs  4/3/17 5.6mgs, 4/24/17 5.2mg, 6/13/17 4.8mgs, 9/20/17 4.4mgS, 11/23/17 4 mgs, 1/1/18 3.6 mgs, 2/15/18 3.2 mgs. 4/13/18 2.8mgs, 5/11/18 2.4mgs, 6/10/18 2.0 mgs, 8/4/18 1.6mgs,  9/27/18 1.2mgs, 12/24/18 0.8mg, 3/24/19 0.64 mg,(syringe change issue date?) 4/22/19 0.60 mg, 5/24/19 0.60 mg, 7/7/19 0.52 mgs, 8/4/19 0.44mgs, 11/4/19 0.36mgs, 2/1/20 0.28mgs, 3/1/20 0.24mgs (crash April 6) Compound started 6/28/21: 0.24mgs, 8/29/21: 0.22mgs, 10/31/21: 0.20mgs, 1/03/22: 0.18mgs, 3/5/22: 0.16mgs, 5/5/22: 0.14mgs.

Original Wellbutrin Dose: 6 months from 9/14 to 3/2015, 300 XL 3/15/15: Half to 150 XL ( severe symptoms started on day 12) 4/16/15: 125mg   for 20 days to: 5/6/15:   100mg  for  15 days to: 5/21/15    75mg  for  10 days to: 6/1/15:  56.25mg      13 days to: 6/13/15: 37.25mg    7 days to: 6/20/15  28.12mg   14 days to: 7/4/15  18.75mg, 7 days to: 7/11/15; RAISE BACK TO: 28.12 to 8/14/15: 18.75mg  20 days to :9/3/15 : 12.5mg, 8/4/16 9mg 1/9/17: 8.5mg 2/8/17 8mg, 3/9/17: 7.6  4/9/17  7.2  5/27/17 6.4 6/24/17 5.8, 8/1/17 5.0, 8/29/17 4.2mgs, 10/2/17 3.5mgs, 12/28/17 2.5mgs, 2/27/18 1.7mgs,  4/19/18 0.8 mgs, LAST DOSE: 6/11/18:  3 YEARS, 2 MONTHS, 27 DAYS...

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone,

I just dropped by to say that I am still doing well and getting closer and closer to complete recovery.  I am approaching my 6 year anniversary later this month and I will come back and give an update on how I am doing and answer any questions that anyone still has.  In brief, I am not quite done but I am better than ever and life is good; and I firmly believe that it will be the same for you as well even if it does not feel like it now.  Time can do amazing things and my recovery is a testament to that.  

All my best to all of you.

pug 

17 minutes ago, pug said:

Hello Everyone,

I just dropped by to say that I am still doing well and getting closer and closer to complete recovery.  

That’s amazing Pug! I always read your story when I loose hope. I’ve read it like 20 times in the past 3 months probably! thanks a lot for sharing and coming back, wishing you the best!

•august 2016- feb 2019: on and off SSRIs (fluoxetine and agomelatine) also unknown drug and clonazepam for a short amount of time 

•January 25 2020: 50mg of setraline and clonazepam 1mg 

•March 2020: increase to 100mg of setraline

•May 2020:  stopped setraline, fast tapper 3 weeks. stopped clonazepam, according to how my psychiatrists told me. 

7 hours ago, pug said:

Hello Everyone,

I just dropped by to say that I am still doing well and getting closer and closer to complete recovery.  I am approaching my 6 year anniversary later this month and I will come back and give an update on how I am doing and answer any questions that anyone still has.  In brief, I am not quite done but I am better than ever and life is good; and I firmly believe that it will be the same for you as well even if it does not feel like it now.  Time can do amazing things and my recovery is a testament to that.  

pug 

Pug, your story is amazing. I also read it when I'm in a wave. I'm 15 months into a cold switch, pretty stable with no new symptoms but still having mild waves, hoping to begin a taper next year.

Stabilisation is full of setbacks, isn't it? Have had family stuff recently and am wobbling a bit. I get really impatient to start tapering, but I know it's best to start with as stable a base as possible. Any inspiring words about patience appreciated xxx

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

March 2016 used MDMA triggered setback

April 2016 Citalopram 10mg October 2016 cut to 5mg, May 2017 cut to 2.5mg

May 2018 used MDMA triggered setback

June 2018 Citalopram 2.5mg up to 10mg, then back to 5mg

July/ August 2018 7.5mg, then 10mg

June 2019 updosed to 20mg Citalopram

August 2019 cold switch to Venlafaxine 75mg XR

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

8 hours ago, pug said:

Hello Everyone,

pug 

Thank you for coming back Pug it’s so kind of you to take the time . It’s great to hear how well you are doing you have helped many of us on this journey. 

can I ask you did you feel your symptoms were getting worse each month before they started getting better?

what has helped you the most during your recovery when the bad days were constant ? 

enjoy your life and freedom from WD x

• Moderator Emeritus
15 hours ago, pug said:

Hello Everyone,

pug 

Pug you are doing a huge good thing by letting us know how well you are doing.  Yo are giving all of us hope that recovery is indeed possible.  This is a very long and chaotic journey for many of us, and we really need to hear the success stories, so thank you thank you thank you!  Jennifer 

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly