marconyc

marconyc: introduction

marconyc
1 hour ago, Gridley said:

Good idea to wait.

You might consider going a little lower, into the .00's, like .01 if possible.  I know it's difficult working with those tiny amounts.  Just to take no chances.

But I think my scale only goes to 4mg reliably. Didn't you tell me that?

Gridley
10 minutes ago, marconyc said:

But I think my scale only goes to 4mg reliably. Didn't you tell me that?

That is true, according to Brassmonkey.  Take a look at his signature, which contains details of the end of his taper.  He managed to get down to the 00's, I think, by manually splitting the lowest dose the he could weigh and eyeballing it.  I'm not quite there yet so can't speak from personal experience.

I'm guessing you could get down to 4mgpw/.1mgai and then manually split it into halves (giving you .05mgai) or quarters (giving you around .025mgai.  That would be a lower jumping off point if the powder allows you to make those divisions.  Brassmonnkey said that these low doses are a pain to work with but worth it.  

marconyc
5 minutes ago, Gridley said:

That is true, according to Brassmonkey.  Take a look at his signature, which contains details of the end of his taper.  He managed to get down to the 00's, I think, by manually splitting the lowest dose the he could weigh and eyeballing it.  I'm not quite there yet so can't speak from personal experience.

I'm guessing you could get down to 4mgpw/.1mgai and then manually split it into halves (giving you .05mgai) or quarters (giving you around .025mgai.  That would be a lower jumping off point if the powder allows you to make those divisions.  Brassmonnkey said that these low doses are a pain to work with but worth it.  

Okay, sorry. Yes, it was Brassmonkey who said it. 

I'll try eyeballing it once I get that low. Good idea. It's hard to believe doses this low are still having an effect, but why take chances? The collective experience here is that even minuscule doses and decreases have an effect, so I trust that.

marconyc

@Gridley @manymoretodays How are you both? I hope you’re doing well.

Ive been holding at 5mgpw of aripiprazole. It’s been more than 3 weeks. I haven’t noticed much in the way of withdrawal. However, the past 2 days have been very hard. I think it’s directly related to the imminent arrival of our daughter. My wife is due Dec 18 but might be induced a week early. She and the baby are healthy, but because my wife is in her 40s, the pregnancy is considered high-risk. The final week or two in particular can involve an increased risk of pre-eclampsia and other problems, so our OB often induces woman over 35. My point is that the baby will be here very soon.

Yesterday, I was hit with a wave of loss over people who have passed away and regret over things I didn’t accomplish in my life. It’s like as I open this door,  I’m thinking about the doors that have closed. I’m also about to turn 49, so there’s some midlife “taking stock” going on.

Then, last night, we had our final birthing class. There’s so much to remember. I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night and my anxiety is through the roof today. I have no appetite. I’m at the point of wanting to take some Klonopin. 

Oh yeah, and my Mom just told me the results of her recent stress test were abnormal. She might have a blocked artery.

I’m not even sure what I’m asking for here. Maybe just advice or encouragement in general. 

Gridley
2 hours ago, marconyc said:

However, the past 2 days have been very hard.

You're under  lot of stress, so it's very natural to have ramped up symptoms.  Regret and feelings of loss are also natural at mid-life, and I'm sure it's intensified by withdrawal.  You've got a lot of good things ahead of you, Marconyc, and it seems to me you are handling things very well.  Congratulations on the impending birth.  I think it'll be a whole new beginning in a lot of ways.

marconyc
1 minute ago, Gridley said:

You're under  lot of stress, so it's very natural to have ramped up symptoms.  Regret and feelings of loss are also natural at mid-life, and I'm sure it's intensified by withdrawal.  You've got a lot of good things ahead of you, Marconyc, and it seems to me you are handling things very well.  Congratulations on the impending birth.  I think it'll be a whole new beginning in a lot of ways.

Thank you, @Gridley. Much appreciated. I'm finding right now that I need to cry, so I'm trying to let that happen. I'm also reaching out to friends. My wife and I have a really good marriage, and I can always talk to her, but I also don't want to burden her too much because she's going through enough, both physically and emotionally.

marconyc

Hi @manymoretodays @RichT@Gridley

I hope all of you are doing well. I haven't been very active here lately because I've been busy with work and getting ready for the birth of our daughter. My wife is due Dec 18. She and the baby are doing well so far. I've been feeling pretty good emotionally, and my withdrawal symptoms are still "WD normal." I'm holding at 5mg of aripiprazole. That's the drug I've been tapering. I haven't made any changes to the sertraline (still 200mg/day). The only stubborn symptom is insomnia. I have a hard time falling asleep most nights. Sometimes it takes hours. Once I'm asleep, though, I don't wake up, and I often feel like I could continue sleeping in the morning (on weekends I do). I'm still in weekly therapy, exercising regularly, meditating several times a week, and taking fish oil and magnesium. I do occasionally have a beer or a cup of coffee.

My mom had to have an angiogram yesterday because they thought she had a blocked artery. It turns out she doesn't, but she does have high cholesterol and doesn't exercise. I didn't think I was upset, but I just cried and realize I've been very worried. My father, who passed away several years ago, went to the doctor after not going for years and discovered he had a blocked artery, and that was the start of a long, slow decline into dementia. So I think I'm terrified that my mom will go through the same thing. 

Gridley
2 hours ago, marconyc said:

My mom had to have an angiogram yesterday

Sorry about your mom, marconyc.  There's no reason though to assume your mom will develop dementia.

It sounds like you're doing great with the taper and congratulations on the big upcoming event.  It's good to hear from you.

marconyc
18 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Sorry about your mom, marconyc.  There's no reason though to assume your mom will develop dementia.

It sounds like you're doing great with the taper and congratulations on the big upcoming event.  It's good to hear from you.

Thanks @Gridley I appreciate the support, as always.