Littlegrandma

Hi lg

have you looked at a site called recovery road it lists side effect/withdrawal symptoms and all yours are on there plus loads more it might help to know you are not on your own. It would from reading that look more like withdrawal for you as opposed to needing more drugs but you are the only one that can make that decision and I don’t want to make you feel you are being forced to go through anything. 

Hopefully the children will lift  you today. Keep going I’m thinking of you. 

Hugs

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Littlegrandma

• Scorpio

• Frogie

• Downbutnotout

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. I just found it. Will check it out after I watch Frozen with Madelyn. Jonathan is napping    She won't let me be in the phone during the movie. Kids!!      

You're so sweet.       Lg

and here are some emojis from Madelyn 

🥓🍧❤️🎂🍕🌻🍻🍟🥞🌭😘😍🎃😻💍💋💄👄💅👱🏻‍♀️👧👩💃🏻👯👑👙👗👛👚👡🐱

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

Hi lg

bless her say a very big thank you Madelyn from me they are lovely. I love frozen that will make you feel good. Hope you are singing along.  Happy hunting through that site it will make you realise you have what many others have. Although it doesn’t help. I’ve just finished doing the dinner which I tried to force down. On settee again about to play your son in laws flipping game it is addictive 

hugs

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

many CTs and fast tapers over the 20 years on and off the drugs.

I started to get adverse reaction to the last one,paxil butstayed on a few more months and tapered off about 7 weeks.

wish I knew then what I know now...:angry::(

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

3 hours ago, direstraits said:

many CTs and fast tapers over the 20 years on and off the drugs.

I started to get adverse reaction to the last one,paxil butstayed on a few more months and tapered off about 7 weeks.

wish I knew then what I know now...:angry::(

How I wish I could go back. I went slower than dr suggested. Felt good at 7.5 mg. Wish I would have stayed there longer and then began a much slower taper. 

When you got the adverse reaction, did that include anxiety?  My anxiety has been ramping up the last couple weeks. Especially the last few days. Even with the Ativan. I'm getting the trembles and restlessness. I just don't know if it's w/d or the drug. Tempted to start tapering again. 

Don't know what to do and I'm scared. Seems like everything I've done so far has been the wrong thing.           Lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

Hi Lg

i hope the rest of your day got better with the children to take your mind off it. I have Jude who kept his mum awake most of the night so is now happily napping for the past hour. I dragged myself up with the alarm but was awake from 5 with the usual suspects. Depression still high along with anxiety, nausea and bowels. Tony has just gone to the funeral so on my own with him for a couple of hours I just have to get on with it. 

How is Paul coping with night shifts, when does he have a day off. 

Hugs

Good morning 

yesterday was a nightmare. The anxiety seems to increase daily as well as the depression. But in the evening I feel better shortly before I take the lex. So I'm wondering if the drug is too activating now. Is it time to taper?

I hope Jude gave you a good long break with his nap. I love nap time. That gives Madelyn and I time to ourselves for tea parties and playing store or makeup. We didn't quite make it to the end of Frozen yesterday uninterrupted. 

Paul is working 14 days straight w/o a break. I miss him in the evenings and the weekend is going to be lonely. Sunday will be our 35th anniversary. Oh how time flies. 

I see Bubble is having a procedure. I hope she is ok. 

And I hope your day is getting better. At least I did get smiles from my babies yesterday. I don't know what I would do without them          Lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

Hi LG 

I've just been reading your thread and wanted to add my support and identification with your struggles.

I've not been on here long but joined after about three months of sheer misery (understatement) caused by ct off pregabalin and lexapro then lots of other changes. I'm now on 5mg lexapro, 15mg Mirtazipine (remeron) and 6mg diazepam. And I am living very much like you are. At home all the time, barely showering, a myriad of symptoms. Most days I'm highly agitated (akathisia?) and can find no peace. I've just started these last 5 days getting windows but they're followed by everything feeling much worse again. The agitation and anxiety and restlessness is the worst. But I'm also depressed.

I considered briefly trying a new ssri as was so desperate to feel better but I don't think my cns would cope. Just praying for stabilisation. 

So I'm just saying hi and that I identify with your plight. I get numbness too, often down my left side. And burning in my head. Prickling skin. Nausea. 

Im in the UK and am a single mum to my teenage son.

I reinstated 10mg lexapro end Aug and dropped to 5mg mid Sept. 

Sending wishes and prayers for stability. Nikki 

2009-2011 mirtazapine 45mg plus clonaz as needed. Start Lexapro Nov 2011. 

June 2016 Zopiclone, July-Sept Trazodone 50mg, adverse reaction, ct, started pregabalin, reduced Lexapro from 20 to 15mg

Start of 2017 on 15mg lexapro, 100mg pregablin. April added 15mg mirtazapine. End May.  Start June stop pregablin after two week taper.  End June.  Stopped Lexapro 15mg 3 wk taper. Start July Mirt 30mg + Diaz daily 2-4mg End July  returned to mirtaz 15mg + lexapro at 10mg reinstated. 4th Aug - 19 Sept Zopiclone (3.75 then 7.5 then 3.75 at the end)

diazepam 7-8mg day since then. 16 Sept cut lex to 5mg. 5-6 Oct swapped 5mg lex to 8.15am and 15mg mirtazipine to 11pm

8 Oct onwards sticking to 6mg diazepam p/day 3 doses/ 2 Feb start 1mg clonazepam, stop Diaz. 21 Feb 2% cut lex. 8 March 12.5% clon cut. Now take .5 clon 9am, .375 5pm(0.875 mg daily clonazepam) 16 May  @8% clon reduction so 9am dose .43(0.805 mg daily clonazepam)

2 July 10% Lexapro reduction to 4.5mg. 9 Aug .25mg lex cut  to 4.25mg/ 13 Aug 4.5mg

2018 October Lexapro 4.5 to 4.25 mg  clonazepam 0.80 mg  mirtazapine 15 mg

2019 October present drugs:  Lexapro 2.75 mg(tapers of 0.25 increments in last year at 5 -9 week intervals),  clonazepam 0.78 mg(taper of .02 mg November 2018),  mirtazapine 15 mg

2020 January 5th Lexapro taper to 2.57 mg(2%drop), total clonazepam 0.78 mg, mirtazapine 15 mg

previous signature here  recent dosing and symptom logs here

1 hour ago, Nikki74 said:

Hi LG 

I've just been reading your thread and wanted to add my support and identification with your struggles.

I've not been on here long but joined after about three months of sheer misery (understatement) caused by ct off pregabalin and lexapro then lots of other changes. I'm now on 5mg lexapro, 15mg Mirtazipine (remeron) and 6mg diazepam. And I am living very much like you are. At home all the time, barely showering, a myriad of symptoms. Most days I'm highly agitated (akathisia?) and can find no peace. I've just started these last 5 days getting windows but they're followed by everything feeling much worse again. The agitation and anxiety and restlessness is the worst. But I'm also depressed.

I considered briefly trying a new ssri as was so desperate to feel better but I don't think my cns would cope. Just praying for stabilisation. 

So I'm just saying hi and that I identify with your plight. I get numbness too, often down my left side. And burning in my head. Prickling skin. Nausea. 

Im in the UK and am a single mum to my teenage son.

I reinstated 10mg lexapro end Aug and dropped to 5mg mid Sept. 

Sending wishes and prayers for stability. Nikki 

Hi Nikki

thank you for your support. 

Being a single mom is tough when feeling good, but when going thru W/D? I can't imagine. How is your son dealing with all of this? I hope he's a good source of support, tho no kid should have to live with this. 

I try to hide my symptoms from my grandkids but my granddaughter will soon be 5, so very intuitive. She's seen the tears in my eyes many times and she's sensitive and I know it hurts her. 

The akathasia is the worse!!  I had it for 2 solid months. I'm grateful that I have relief from it now. But the anxiety I still have every day. Seems you and I have a lot of the same symptoms. We have both played with our doses and added drugs and no doubt, made the situation worse. 

I was was toying with the idea of adding mirtazapine or Zoloft out of desperation but I think better if that now. The depression was getting the better of me and I was hoping for relief. As of now, I'm just going to wait it out. 

We can do this Nikki. It' hard to be patient when there's life to live and family to care for. I'm glad you have support in your friend that takes you to church.  Driving is often difficult for me, but I have many family members close by that are always willing to take me places......to the store or just for a drive. 

Nikki, thanks for reaching out to me. I wish you peace and healing. 

Please keep me posted.        Lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

I started to get light sensitivity and eye tics,started to sleep til late morning or early afternoon...don't remember any increased anxiety.

I hope the mods can advise you what to do....sorry you're in this difficult place.

hang in there.

hugs,ds

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Thanks DS

i guess I'll wait it out a bit more. Hope to get advice from a mod soon

hugs lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

Hi lg

ive just seen bubbles post, poor woman, I feel so sorry for her and I think you and I will have to keep on propping each other up until she has recovered and comes back to reground us again. I hope you joined in the singing with frozen. 

Jude was very good and had two hour long naps during the day but blimey exhausting. Luisa got back about 4.30 and was just enjoying a cup of tea when the friends whose birthday dinner we had to miss cos of me turned up on the doorstep with some calorie rich drink sachets that he gets from the hospital for me as they knew I had lost all this weight. Completely threw me and had to invite them in and ‘be normal ‘ I think it just about finished me off. Tony is now out for dinner and I have just sat and don’t intend to move. Anxiety still sky high plus the other catalogue of symptoms. When will this end. 

Paul is going to be exhausted isn’t he and I feel for you with the weekends, will you see the family. We married 28 December 1979 so beat you by a couple of years. Seems no time at all really since we married. It’s good you are getting moments of feeling a little better but the anxiety and depression are so tough aren’t they. They seem to dominate every waking moment. How is the head pain and eyes any improvement. How long have you been on this dose now as you don’t want to confuse things more by dropping or upping without thinking it through carefully. I know this eeek feeling do very ill with it I wanted to do something to just feel better but I think nothing is probably the best thing at the moment and need to wait for longer more sustained windows before I can consider doing anything. 

Hope today gets better. 

Big hugs. 

Hi lg

i forgot did you find any help on recovery road, I hope so. 

Hugs again

Scorpio 

i feel so bad for Bubble. How can this happen so far down the road?

She sure is a strong lady. Makes me feel so childish. 

I feel better-ish today. Still the same symptoms, only a bit milder. 

Lauren dragged me out today so she could run errands and I sat in the car with Jonny, as he has a virus. 103 temp. He fell asleep listening to music on my phone. The good news, Lauren did a little shopping for me. Bought ingredients for mostoccolli so I put that together. Paul won't have to fend for himself before work. 

I think I've been on this dose for 7 wks. Eyes and head still hurt, but little less. The anxiety does not let up. I had the pins and needles today. I told myself that's a good sign. Don't know why. Just looking for something positive. Haven't had that since my first taper. 

I've decided to stay put with 5 mg

at least a bit longer. Too many scary stories about switching drugs and ct's.  Everyday I just can't believe this is happening to us. 

My nephew is coming in from 

St Louis for the weekend. I'm hoping I can join him and the rest of the family for dinner sat night. 

Not holding my breath but it would be fun. 

Thank you so much for the info on recovery road. I got to the site last night when Jonathan swiped my phone. I'll check it out tonight though. I'm looking forward to being alone tonight and resting my brain. I've only cried once today, so that's progress. A little sunshine would go a long way. 

I bet you were a little surprised with the pop-in today. That was very sweet but people just don't know how hard it is for you to be social at this time. The anxiety keeps me from comprehending a friggin word anybody is saying. 

I hope you can find a moments peace tonight. And hoping we both wake with less anxiety tomorrow....

and just less symptoms.        Lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

7 hours ago, Littlegrandma said:

Good morning 

yesterday was a nightmare. The anxiety seems to increase daily as well as the depression. But in the evening I feel better shortly before I take the lex. So I'm wondering if the drug is too activating now. Is it time to taper?

I hope Jude gave you a good long break with his nap. I love nap time. That gives Madelyn and I time to ourselves for tea parties and playing store or makeup. We didn't quite make it to the end of Frozen yesterday uninterrupted. 

Paul is working 14 days straight w/o a break. I miss him in the evenings and the weekend is going to be lonely. Sunday will be our 35th anniversary. Oh how time flies. 

I see Bubble is having a procedure. I hope she is ok. 

And I hope your day is getting better. At least I did get smiles from my babies yesterday. I don't know what I would do without them          Lg

Hello lg, I am glad today is better for you.  It is hard for husbands to be gone and be alone with ourselves.  Congratulations on the 35 years.  Mine is coming up 28 in Nov.  time does go by quickly- at least when we don't want it too!  Glad you have some cheer in your day with the little ones~

1 minute ago, Quest said:

Hello lg, I am glad today is better for you.  It is hard for husbands to be gone and be alone with ourselves.  Congratulations on the 35 years.  Mine is coming up 28 in Nov.  time does go by quickly- at least when we don't want it too!  Glad you have some cheer in your day with the little ones~

Geesh we're getting old quest. Until this w/d I didn't even feel like I was 35 yrs old. Now I feel 80 and look it too. 

Hope you're having a better day today. I don't know how you keep going with anxiety 9/10 some days. It's just got to start letting up soon. I'm praying for you and for all of us that it does soon.  ❤️Lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

Hi lg

i know bubble has been so strong. One of the reasons I don’t look too much into people’s threads as they frighten me if they are bad. 

Symptoms a little less - brilliant- good signs. I’ve got pins and needles in my little fingers today what is that all about? What is mostacolli I don’t no that one. You must be feeling a bit better if you are thinking of cooking - fantastic. 

Im so pleased you are sticking with your dose. 7 weeks is not much time says me at 12 weeks. But it’s true. I know flowers said she was 4 or 5 months before stable. That doesn’t mean all bad days for that long it just means up and down and we have certainly had the down. The whole time my friends were here I was wishing them gone which is terrible as they had only come out of concern and bob is still finding walking difficult so an effort for him. 

I am going to keep everything crossed that you make it for dinner on Saturday is it at a restaurant or family home. Enjoy browsing recovery road it was how I found out about withdrawal and this site as lord montagues son is part of it and it was his article in the papers that led me to it. Nineteen years of hell on drugs and successfully sued Doctors and psych for £19 million how good is that. 

Happy browsing and here’s to better days for both of us tomorrow- please. Sleep well my friend and enjoy your evening relaxing. 

Hugs. 

5 hours ago, direstraits said:

I started to get light sensitivity and eye tics,started to sleep til late morning or early afternoon...don't remember any increased anxiety.

I hope the mods can advise you what to do....sorry you're in this difficult place.

hang in there.

hugs,ds

Hi ds

i got the light sensitivity and eye pressure on citalipram. I switched to lexapro and it didn't get much better. It's a lot worse now that I've tapered. Another reason I want to get off this. 

And the anxiety started back up the last couple months before the taper. Those are the reasons I think the lex is just too activating now. But you're still having eye trouble, so can't win.  Sorry

thanks for info. Hope you're having a decent day.    Hugs lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

been fighting a cold since Monday(thanks hubby) but I've felt worse...was able to get some Halloween decorations out so feel like I accomplished something..

hope you have a decent evening.

hugs,ds

1 hour ago, direstraits said:

been fighting a cold since Monday(thanks hubby) but I've felt worse...was able to get some Halloween decorations out so feel like I accomplished something..

hope you have a decent evening.

hugs,ds

I'm impressed you got some decorations out!!🎃

I've also been fighting a cold and maybe virus as my 1 1/2 yr old was at dr today with fever 103. I've been smoking like a fool with the anxiety, so it's settled in my lungs. 

Seeing a hypnotherapist Monday for help with smoking. Even if it doesn't work, I have to quit. He's very expensive and my husband would kill me if I lit up again. Ha

I hope you have a good evening also.   Feel better!  ❤️Hugs lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

2 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Hi lg

i know bubble has been so strong. One of the reasons I don’t look too much into people’s threads as they frighten me if they are bad. 

Symptoms a little less - brilliant- good signs. I’ve got pins and needles in my little fingers today what is that all about? What is mostacolli I don’t no that one. You must be feeling a bit better if you are thinking of cooking - fantastic. 

Im so pleased you are sticking with your dose. 7 weeks is not much time says me at 12 weeks. But it’s true. I know flowers said she was 4 or 5 months before stable. That doesn’t mean all bad days for that long it just means up and down and we have certainly had the down. The whole time my friends were here I was wishing them gone which is terrible as they had only come out of concern and bob is still finding walking difficult so an effort for him. 

I am going to keep everything crossed that you make it for dinner on Saturday is it at a restaurant or family home. Enjoy browsing recovery road it was how I found out about withdrawal and this site as lord montagues son is part of it and it was his article in the papers that led me to it. Nineteen years of hell on drugs and successfully sued Doctors and psych for £19 million how good is that. 

Happy browsing and here’s to better days for both of us tomorrow- please. Sleep well my friend and enjoy your evening relaxing. 

Hugs. 

Well , I'm glad I had a couple hours of better. Headache and anxiety returned with a vengeance. Now I have cried twice today. Still , not bad. 

DS put up Halloween decor. today. So jealous! At least I finally made a dinner. How do people work and take care of young children everyday feeling like this? Like Quest. Cooking meals and taking care of her son. She's tougher than she thinks. 

Mostocolli is pasta with red sauce, baked with mozzarella cheese. I didn't make my own sauce, so don't be too impressed. I used jarred sauce. 

I used to love visitors. Our friends don't even knock. They just walk in. Now my rule is, if the garage door is open, come in. Of course, now it's usually closed. When our friends came Sunday, I didn't even offer them a drink. I didn't even think about it. I was just wishing they would leave. So sad!!

I am looking up recovery road after Paul leaves for work. 

I don't think nineteen years of hell is worth 19 mil. But I did tell Paul tonight that we should sue lexapro. Money might make his life easier but it doesn't mean much to me right now.  I can't wait til I get the bug to travel again. We are missing out on so much life. But this too shall pass. And we will appreciate life like never before!!

Seeet dreams, Scorpio 😴   Lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

sorry to read you and the baby are sick,hope it passes quickly.

wishing you luck w/ the hypno...I never smoked but know it's so difficult to quit.

especially when dealing w/ this misery.

try to stay strong and know you can get through this...one day at a time.

ds   xx

Thanks ds. Some days it seems so hopeless. I'm trying to hang in there. Hope you're doing well today.        Hugs lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

22 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Hi lg

Hugs. 

hi scorpio im here 2 months now and trying to find people to talk to about withdrawals. i was told to hold on my dose and its going on 2 months at the end of oct. with no improvement in sight... i just need to talk with people and im still learning the site. its not like the other messages board that ive been on.  i have a info page. 

JOINED THIS BOARD AUGUST 27, 2017

250mg trazodone

250mg   Aug 21, 2017  tapering before I found SA

200mg -  Aug 21, 2017 to Aug 25, 2017 tapering before found SA

225mg -  Aug 26, 2017  updose holding

November 26, 2017. I reinstated my original dose of 250mg  trazodone..planning on holding for a very long time. No more withdrawal

June 14, 2020  at 10% 507  My first start of my trazodone 250mg  taper

6/16/20  90 mgai    7/26/20   81 mgai    9/6/20  72 mg ai 10/17/20- updose to 77 mgai  11/11/20- updose to 81 mgai  

Hi street129

its nice to hear from you. I’m so sorry you are also suffering too. It is so cruel isn’t it. You are welcome to talk to me anytime as long as you can put up with my moaning and groaning. I am going through a bad time for the last 5 days, not that it was very good before that but I did have better days. Have you had any good days at all. I hope so. I am now 3 months plus and it seems relentless. look forward to hearing from you. 

On 12/10/2017 at 3:42 PM, Littlegrandma said:

Hi Nikki

thank you for your support. 

Being a single mom is tough when feeling good, but when going thru W/D? I can't imagine. How is your son dealing with all of this? I hope he's a good source of support, tho no kid should have to live with this. 

I try to hide my symptoms from my grandkids but my granddaughter will soon be 5, so very intuitive. She's seen the tears in my eyes many times and she's sensitive and I know it hurts her. 

The akathasia is the worse!!  I had it for 2 solid months. I'm grateful that I have relief from it now. But the anxiety I still have every day. Seems you and I have a lot of the same symptoms. We have both played with our doses and added drugs and no doubt, made the situation worse. 

I was was toying with the idea of adding mirtazapine or Zoloft out of desperation but I think better if that now. The depression was getting the better of me and I was hoping for relief. As of now, I'm just going to wait it out. 

We can do this Nikki. It' hard to be patient when there's life to live and family to care for. I'm glad you have support in your friend that takes you to church.  Driving is often difficult for me, but I have many family members close by that are always willing to take me places......to the store or just for a drive. 

Nikki, thanks for reaching out to me. I wish you peace and healing. 

Please keep me posted.        Lg

Thank you for replying Lg. 

Been so so sick today with akathisia or withdrawals or whatever it is! So much instability in my system.

i keep trying to hide it from my son but he knows I'm not doing so well. 

Will keep in touch. Wishing you healing and warmth, Nikki

2009-2011 mirtazapine 45mg plus clonaz as needed. Start Lexapro Nov 2011. 

June 2016 Zopiclone, July-Sept Trazodone 50mg, adverse reaction, ct, started pregabalin, reduced Lexapro from 20 to 15mg

Start of 2017 on 15mg lexapro, 100mg pregablin. April added 15mg mirtazapine. End May.  Start June stop pregablin after two week taper.  End June.  Stopped Lexapro 15mg 3 wk taper. Start July Mirt 30mg + Diaz daily 2-4mg End July  returned to mirtaz 15mg + lexapro at 10mg reinstated. 4th Aug - 19 Sept Zopiclone (3.75 then 7.5 then 3.75 at the end)

diazepam 7-8mg day since then. 16 Sept cut lex to 5mg. 5-6 Oct swapped 5mg lex to 8.15am and 15mg mirtazipine to 11pm

8 Oct onwards sticking to 6mg diazepam p/day 3 doses/ 2 Feb start 1mg clonazepam, stop Diaz. 21 Feb 2% cut lex. 8 March 12.5% clon cut. Now take .5 clon 9am, .375 5pm(0.875 mg daily clonazepam) 16 May  @8% clon reduction so 9am dose .43(0.805 mg daily clonazepam)

2 July 10% Lexapro reduction to 4.5mg. 9 Aug .25mg lex cut  to 4.25mg/ 13 Aug 4.5mg

2018 October Lexapro 4.5 to 4.25 mg  clonazepam 0.80 mg  mirtazapine 15 mg

2019 October present drugs:  Lexapro 2.75 mg(tapers of 0.25 increments in last year at 5 -9 week intervals),  clonazepam 0.78 mg(taper of .02 mg November 2018),  mirtazapine 15 mg

2020 January 5th Lexapro taper to 2.57 mg(2%drop), total clonazepam 0.78 mg, mirtazapine 15 mg

previous signature here  recent dosing and symptom logs here

Hi lg

has you day got any better and how is little Jonathan,  I hope he is feeling better. How are you, have you caught it now. I agree would rather feel myself than any amount of money. I hope you have been having a better day than me. It’s still horrible and can’t get over this depression it’s like a heavy cloud hanging over me. 

22 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi lg

has you day got any better and how is little Jonathan,  I hope he is feeling better. How are you, have you caught it now. I agree would rather feel myself than any amount of money. I hope you have been having a better day than me. It’s still horrible and can’t get over this depression it’s like a heavy cloud hanging over me. 

Scorpio,  sending you Much needed light~. 

4 hours ago, Littlegrandma said:

Thanks ds. Some days it seems so hopeless. I'm trying to hang in there. Hope you're doing well today.        Hugs lg

Hope your day is going ok LG~

16 minutes ago, Quest said:

Much

Hi quest

thank you my friend. How are you doing,any better, sleep improving. Between LG, you and I surely one of us is having a better day. 

35 minutes ago, Quest said:

Hope your day is going ok LG~

Hi Quest,

struggling with intense anxiety. It's so beautiful outside. Wish I could enjoy it. How are you doing today?

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

1 hour ago, Scorpio said:

Hi lg

It's really bad, Scorpio. Anxiety is so high. I'm not sure what I'm trying to stabilize on. The anxiety is getting worse instead of better. 1/2 hr before my scheduled Ativan, I can't bear it. Then it barely takes the edge off. HR is high and so nauseous w/ headache. 

Just venting. 

Wish you had gotten some relief  

Hugs lg 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

1 hour ago, Nikki74 said:

Thank you for replying Lg. 

Been so so sick today with akathisia or withdrawals or whatever it is! So much instability in my system.

i keep trying to hide it from my son but he knows I'm not doing so well. 

Will keep in touch. Wishing you healing and warmth, Nikki

Thanks Nikki

im sorry it's a bad day for you. Everybody seems to be struggling today. I'm at a loss for what to do. Guess there's no choice but to wait it out. The weather is so beautiful here and I've had many invites to go for dinner, rides, hang out, but I can only say no as I just feel to icky to go anywhere. Makes me so sad. 

Hugs lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

Hi lg

you poor thing, what a pair we make. I’ve been saying the same thing about the depression and anxiety - sky high and no relief tonight either. It’s hell isnt it. I have the nausea and dizziness too. How’s Jonathan any better. Tomorrow might be better for both of us fingers very tightly crossed. I haven’t done a thing all day. Just moped, cried and moaned a lot does that count as exercise??  

• Moderator Emeritus
21 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

1/2 hr before my scheduled Ativan, I can't bear it. Then it barely takes the edge off

You could start a thread on the benzo subsection to get an opinion about your benzo situation.

My feeling is stopping Xanax is playing a big role in the time ut is taking for you to stabilise. It doesn't mean you won't. It just explains why it is so hard. Staying the course is the best option.

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

• Moderator Emeritus
Just now, Scorpio said:

Just moped, cried and moaned a lot does that count as exercise??  

It's great to see your sense of humour is still here :)

Since last week was better I'm very optimistic things will soon return to that baseline. In the meantime as you advised me: a minute by minute, hour by hour. Time is our friend.

As long as the two of you are experiencing even moment of relief, when things get less horrid or even whole periods of not good but less horrible - it is the way it should be.

My boss was horrid to me today (because I asked for the unpaid leave). She approved but accompanied it with particular and elaborate nastiness. I just locked the door at my office and cried. But more about it on my thread if I get the energy... what a week.

Hang in there ladies!

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading.