Downbutnotout: Started a bridge to get off effexor

Downbutnotout

D ~  it would help you to practice some non- drug coping techniques to help you through this. I found them invaluable ~ the link is in your thread.

Edited by AliG

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Downbutnotout

• Frogie

• Littlegrandma

• Kristine

• Moderator Emeritus

From:  https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk//docs/SelfHelpCourse.pdf

(There are diagrams on the website)

Cognitive Behaviour Therapy - how it can help

Cognitive Behaviour Therapy is a form of psychotherapy that talks about

· How you think about yourself, the world and other people

· How what you do affects your thoughts and feelings

CBT can help you to change how you think ("Cognitive") and what you do ("Behaviour)". These changes can help you to feel better. Unlike some of the other talking treatments, it focuses on the "here and now" problems and difficulties.

Whilst it is often useful to discuss the past and understand how our pasts have influenced our lives and how problems have arisen, CBT mostly focuses on looking for ways to improve your mental wellbeing now. CBT says that it's not the event which causes our emotions, but how we interpret that event - what we think or what meaning we give that event or situation.

For instance, if someone you know passes you in the street without acknowledging you, you can interpret it several ways. You might think they don't want to know you because no-one likes you (which may lead you to feel depressed), your thought may be that you hope they don't stop to talk to you, because you won't know what to say and they'll think you're boring and stupid (anxiety), you may think they’re being deliberately snotty (leading to anger). A healthier response might be that they just didn't see you.

Another example may be someone who's depressed might wake up in the morning and think: "This is going to be another awful day", "I'm going to mess up again", or "What's the point of anything?", which will make them feel even more depressed (feelings), and may prompt them to pull the covers over their head and stay in bed (behaviours). It's very likely that this will increase their negative thoughts, which in turn will increase the feelings of depression, and make them even less likely to get out of bed. A vicious cycle is the result - continuing to think and act the same way will help maintain our depression.

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

1 hour ago, Littlegrandma said:

That is beautiful H, and a good message for all of us. Thanks 

xx lg

Thank you lgrandma. 

2 hours ago, powerback said:

DBNO you wouldn't put up with a stranger in your home judging you ,these are all very strong neuro emotions .

I cant talk for the mods  but we are all at different levels of sickness but we  can all relate .we all get frustrated so don't take it as a slight on your character .you will need to practice some self compassion at some stage .

Wishing you a window soon you deserve it .

Thank you powerback. 

2001 Remeron , Celexa, prozac a week on lithium. 

2014 went off effexor and trazadone in 3 weeks. 

2014 zoloft (hyper reaction) put on effexor 75 mg. Was stable until 2017 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

Dec 6, 7 Upped trazadone from 50 to 100 mg Did it for 3 days Stopped it

Dec 7 , Dec 8 Took prozac again 0.1 , 0.1, 0.6 stopped it

Dec 11 and Dec 12 upped it to 100 again

Dec 15 , 16,17 went back to 50 mg of trazadone

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

How was choir?

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

3 hours ago, Littlegrandma said:

How was choir?

Unfortunately, I got faint at the end if the performance when they were clapping.  I said” I’m suffering from depression and have been in bed a lot” now everyone knows. It was a performance at a big fund raising event. I hope I don’t get kicked out now. I almost made it out of there. Why, I had to blurt that out I don’t know. I also told a woman who was a counselor the whole story when she took me to my car. I also got very faint. My head is not tolerating this drug wd well. Or was it because I’m in bed a lot?  I should’ve skipped this. This is a huge choir with 500 people. There were about 200 there tonight. I feel like a huge mental case. Why would they risk having me around? 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

Aw, DBN, I am sorry you almost fainted a couple of times. Are you eating regularly? I know you have had a problem with your appetite.  I know what you mean about blurting out things that you don't necessarily want people to know....I've had that happen too -  I think we are anxious and it is on our minds so much that our usual filters aren't always in place.  Be proud that you went and performed - that is awesome you got out after you had such a bad day.

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg; 4/20/24: 1.09 mg; 4/27/24: 1.06 mg; 5/4/24: 1.04 mg

17 minutes ago, wantrelief said:

Aw, DBN, I am sorry you almost fainted a couple of times. Are you eating regularly? I know you have had a problem with your appetite.  I know what you mean about blurting out things that you don't necessarily want people to know....I've had that happen too -  I think we are anxious and it is on our minds so much that our usual filters aren't always in place.  Be proud that you went and performed - that is awesome you got out after you had such a bad day.

It would’ve been more successful if I hadn’t blurted that out. I think  you’re right about the filter. Good explanation.  I was suffering a lot of anxiety during the performance. It was only 3 songs. But there were speeches and videos in between. It was much longer than I anticipated. Beforehand, I had to sit with people for 2 hours. Making conversation was a big strain. Pretending I was normal was a bigger stresser. I really think there is a gap going on in my brain playing catch up. I know this site works well for  a lot of people. There are wonderful people like you on this site. Thanks for your concern.Im grateful for  that. I hope you’re doing better. 

D, I’m sorry. 

You blurted it out because it’s whats on your mind 24/7. You were venting and looking for support. I doubt they would hold it against you. And you’re not a mental case. You’re suffering wd. 

Be proud of yourself for going. 

I often feel faint during this time too. It could be from the anxiety or the fact that you’re not used to being upright for that long of a period. Please don’t let it deter you from going again. 

Hang in in there D. It’s going to get better. xx 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

12 hours ago, wantrelief said:

It would’ve been more successful if I hadn’t blurted that out. I think  you’re right about the filter. Good explanation.  I was suffering a lot of anxiety during the performance. It was only 3 songs. But there were speeches and videos in between. It was much longer than I anticipated. Beforehand, I had to sit with people for 2 hours. Making conversation was a big strain. Pretending I was normal was a bigger stresser. I really think there is a gap going on in my brain playing catch up. I know this site works well for  a lot of people. There are wonderful people like you on this site. Thanks for your concern.Im grateful for  that. I hope you’re doing better. 

I got a note from the director saying don’t worry about it. I wish I could believe this is all about wd. Thx for your kind words. Wr and lg. 

That is so sweet that the director sent you a note. I think wd magnifies everything in our sick brains. Like I told wr, I borrow trouble. Everything is going to be ok!!  

Hugs

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

6 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

That is so sweet that the director sent you a note. I think wd magnifies everything in our sick brains. Like I told wr, I borrow trouble. Everything is going to be ok!!  

Hugs

Hugs to you too. 

21 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

From:  https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk//docs/SelfHelpCourse.pdf

(There are diagrams on the website)

Cognitive Behaviour Therapy - how it can help

Cognitive Behaviour Therapy is a form of psychotherapy that talks about

· How you think about yourself, the world and other people

· How what you do affects your thoughts and feelings

CBT can help you to change how you think ("Cognitive") and what you do ("Behaviour)". These changes can help you to feel better. Unlike some of the other talking treatments, it focuses on the "here and now" problems and difficulties.

Whilst it is often useful to discuss the past and understand how our pasts have influenced our lives and how problems have arisen, CBT mostly focuses on looking for ways to improve your mental wellbeing now. CBT says that it's not the event which causes our emotions, but how we interpret that event - what we think or what meaning we give that event or situation.

For instance, if someone you know passes you in the street without acknowledging you, you can interpret it several ways. You might think they don't want to know you because no-one likes you (which may lead you to feel depressed), your thought may be that you hope they don't stop to talk to you, because you won't know what to say and they'll think you're boring and stupid (anxiety), you may think they’re being deliberately snotty (leading to anger). A healthier response might be that they just didn't see you.

Another example may be someone who's depressed might wake up in the morning and think: "This is going to be another awful day", "I'm going to mess up again", or "What's the point of anything?", which will make them feel even more depressed (feelings), and may prompt them to pull the covers over their head and stay in bed (behaviours). It's very likely that this will increase their negative thoughts, which in turn will increase the feelings of depression, and make them even less likely to get out of bed. A vicious cycle is the result - continuing to think and act the same way will help maintain our depression.

Thanks for the links. 

8 hours ago, Littlegrandma said:

D, I’m sorry. 

You blurted it out because it’s whats on your mind 24/7. You were venting and looking for support. I doubt they would hold it against you. And you’re not a mental case. You’re suffering wd. 

I often feel faint during this time too. It could be from the anxiety or the fact that you’re not used to being upright for that long of a period. Please don’t let it deter you from going again. 

I hope so . Thx for your words of encouragement. 

On 3/3/2018 at 6:51 PM, Rosetta said:

RealMe,

Just popping into offer support.  Glad you are trying to do something to avoid ruminating.  So important.  I really enjoyed H2H's post.  If therapy is good for you that's great, but if you are feeling any of the negatives that H2H mentioned it's not good.  CBT is very different than most therapy.  It's less likely, imo, to cause me to feel worse.  I always feel worse if I talk about bad things that have happened to me in the past without a CBT type therapy situation.  Just reliving a bad experience is the opposite of helpful for me.  Maybe this therapist would be willing to help you with CBT.  Check out feelinggood.com.  There's a great workbook you can buy and use to go through the different types of thinking that cause distress.  I have learned to talk to myself in the way a CBT therapist would when I start to castatrophize or use all or nothing thinking, etc.. You could also use the website to help yourself in addition to seeing your therapist.

Peace, Rosetta

I think therapy can’t really help you get over the past that much. It can help you know how to deal with future events. The best thing I’ve seen is when small children are taught to deal with their feelings. People our age weren’t taught that. I also think it’s better for younger people who aren’t set in their thinking patterns.

• Moderator Emeritus

I've coined a different term for CBT.  Instead of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy I started using the them Change Bad Thinking.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

It must have really  resonated with you. 

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm 60 and only learned it about 4 years ago.  It has been very helpful both in real life situations and during withdrawal.

14 hours ago, Littlegrandma said:

D, I’m sorry. 

I’ve had depressions and bad events before, but this one is really frightening me. I always had drugs pull me out before. I also feel  more unstable than I ever have before. I read through my thread and it is a very upset person talking, desperately looking for an answer. II think wd is part of it, but not all of it. 

2 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

I'm 60 and only learned it about 4 years ago.  It has been very helpful both in real life situations and during withdrawal.

I don’t think you were probably that unstable to start with, were you? You sound like you’ve been self-sufficient most of your life out of necessity. You sound like a person who had a lot of confidence, and were put on drugs when you really didn’t need them?  I think it’s a great theory and I’m glad it works for you. It does have a lot of merit. I will try to work with my “new counselor”  with it. I have really been unstabalized by this latest event. Probably, this was a very bad time for me to go off drugs. The Psychiatrist always thought she’d replace it with something else. If she’d found something I could tolerate, it probably would’ve been a better situation for me. 

I think the problem we all are having is that we’ve had the drugs pull us out before. That’s why we’re all in this boat. I’ve never had such bone shaking anxiety or depression. Not to mention the physical symptoms. 

I think most most people on this forum are suffering from terror, ruminating thoughts, ocd, and all want to feel better. We just want our simple lives back. 

D, you have to believe you’re going to get better. If I didn’t have that belief for myself, I’m not sure I could go on. I have a perfect life. A near perfect family. But I can’t appreciate any of it right now. I have to have faith that I’ll be able to enjoy life again. Im tired of crying and sad I have to put my family through this. 

You will get better. We will get better. We have to change our mindset. Keep the faith, D. 

Big hugs lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

Hey D,  I'm sorry you are suffering.  I thought I might share something with you that may help.  I have suffered terrible traumas in my life.  I found that I had a specific traumas that would play in my head like a movie.  Certain negative emotions, negative words and self criticism were always associated with these events. As time passed I would replay these internal movies..over and over and over...it became stuck on replay.  I would identify strongly with these past events.  I identified with them so strongly it was difficult to shift. Later I learnt I could change these movies. It wasn't changing the past because this isn't possible...but it is possible to change your perception of the past.  This will allow you to move on with peace in your heart.  Much Love and hugs. K xo

• Citalopram 20mg - 40mg ~ approx 2010 - October 2015 (stopped over one week)
  • Parnate  20mg - 50mg and olazapine 5mg ~ Jan 2016 - May 2016 (ceased over 2 days) 
  • Lithium 450mg-900 mg and Thyroxin ~May 2016 - May 2017
  • Diazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ 2015 - 2017
  • Oxazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ May 2016 - June 2016
  • Lurasidone 20mg ~Mid May 2016 - Mid June 2016
  • Vortioxetine 10mg - 20mg ~ 6th June 2016 - 20th July 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Amitriptyline 200mg ~July 2016 - September 2016 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Nortriptyline  (dose ?) ~October 2016 ~ November 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Seroquel XR 100mg - 300mg ~ May 2016 - August 2017 (ceased over 3 weeks)
  • Escitalopram 10mg - 30mg ~ August 2016 - March 2017 (ceased over 2 weeks)
  • Bupropion 300mg ~ December 2016 - May 2017 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Clonazepam 1.5mg daily ~ July 2016 (started tapering May 2017 - September 2017 currently on 0.375mg..ie 0.125mg TDS) 27th May 2018 5% 0.357mg (possible paradoxical reaction - see benzo thread)  28th June 5% 0.337mg, 28th July 10% 0.303mg, 12th September10% 0.272mg, 18th September reinstated 10% due to intolerable WD 0.303mg, 1st October-11th Oct 10% (1% reduction over 10 days) 0.272mg, 22nd October clonazepam ceased crossed over 10mg diazepam
  •  Dexamphatamine 20mg ~ December 2016 (started tapering October 2017 - tapered 1.25mg 4th Dec 2017, 1.25mg 19th Dec 2017 6.25mg, Speed up decrease due to major interaction between Dex and fluoxetine- ref to thread 10% 17th Feb 2018 5.63mg, 10% 21st Feb 2018 5.1mg, 10% 26th Feb 2018 4.5mg 10% 28th Feb 4.1mg, 10% 1st March 3.7mg, 10% 5th March 3.3mg, 10% 8th March 3mg, 10% 10th March 2.7mg, 10% 12th March 2.4mg, 10% 14th March 2.16mg, 10% 16th March 1.94mg, 10% 18th March 1.74mg, 10% 20th March 1.57mg, 10% 21st March 1.41mg, 10% 22nd March 1.26mg, 10% 23rd March 1.13mg, 10% 24th March 1.01mg, 10% 25th March 0.9mg, 10% 27th March 0.81mg, 10% 29th March 0.73mg, 10% 31st March 0.66mg, 10% 2nd April 0.59mg , 10% 4th April 0.53mg, 10% 6th April 0.47mg, 10% 8th April 0.42mg, 10%10th April 0.37mg, 11th April 0.2mg, 12th April 0.1mg (last dose) OFF! 
  • Fluoxetine 40mg ~December 2016 - 31 Jan 2018 reduced to 20mg (probable serotonin toxicity) 10th March 2020 10mg (1:1 ratio), 7th April 9mg, 1st May 8.5mg, 15th May 8.0mg, 27th May 7.5mg, 8th Sept 7.2mg, 2nd Oct 7mg, 19th Oct 6.8mg, 28th Oct 6.6mg, 5th Nov 6.4mg, 26th Nov 6mg, 2nd April 2021 5.9mg, 9th April 5.8mg, 19th April 5.75mg, 22nd April 5.7mg, 26th April 5.65mg,28th April 5.6mg, 1st May 5.5mg, 4th May 5.45mg, 7th May 5.4mg, 10th May 5.35mg, 12th May 5.3mg, 15th May 5.25mg, 18th May 5.2mg, 20th May 5.15mg, 22nd May 5mg, 10th July 4.5mg, 9th Aug 4.48mg (switched from syringe to pipette method), 12th Aug 4.46mg, 14th Aug 4.4mg, 18th Aug 4.38mg, 19th Aug 4.36mg, 20th Aug 4.34, 21st 4.32mg, 22nd 4.3mg, 23rd Aug 4mg (hold), (micro-taper) 12th Oct 2021 3.98mg, 14th Oct 3.96mg, 15th Oct 3.94mg, 16th Oct 3.92mg, 17th Oct 3.9mg, 18th Oct 3.88mg, 19th Oct 3.86mg, 21st Oct 3.84mg, 22nd Oct 3.82mg, 23rd Oct 3.8mg, 24th Oct 3.78mg, 25th Oct 3.76mg, 26th Oct 3.74mg, 27th Oct 3.72mg, (WD reached intolerable level, reinstated 0.06mg) 28th Oct 3.8mg, 7th March 2022 3.7mg, 21st March 3.6mg, 4th April 3.5mg, 18th April 3.4mg, 2nd May 3.3mg, 16th May 3.2mg, 20th June 3.1mg, 4th July 3mg, 18th July 2.9mg, 12th September 2.7mg, 18th October 2.5mg, 14th Nov 2.3mg, 12th December 2.1mg, 18th January 2023 1.9mg, 9th July 2023 1.88mg, 16th July 1.86mg, 23rd July 1.84mg, 30th July 1.82mg, 6th Aug 1.80mg, 10th Sept 1.7mg, 12th Oct 1.68mg, 23rd Oct 1.66mg, 30th Oct 1.64mg, 6th Nov 1.62mg, 13th Nov 1.60mg, (2:1 ratio) 30th Dec 1.597mg, 7th Jan 2024 1.595mg, 8th 1.592mg,  10th 1.589, 11th 1.587, 12th 1.585, 13th 1.583, 14th 1.58 cont… 5th Feb 1.56mg, 11th Feb 1.55mg, 19th Feb 1.54mg, 26th Feb 1.53mg, 4th March 1.52mg, 11th March 1.51mg, 25th March 1.50mg, 1st April 1.49mg, 8th April 1.48mg, 15th April 1.47mg, 22nd April 1.46mg, 29th April 1.45mg, 6th May 1.44mg 
  • Diazepam 10mg ~ 22nd Oct 2018, 10th November 8mg, 14th Nov 7mg, 8th December 6mg, 30th December 5mg (Nocte), 7th March 2019 4.5mg,14th March 4mg, 5th April 3.5mg, 9th April 3mg, 18th April 2.5mg,1st May 2mg, 17th May 1.75mg, 25th May 1.6mg, 4th June 1.59mg, 5th June 1.58mg, 6th June 1.57mg, 7th June 1.56mg, 8th June 1.55mg, 22nd June 1.4mg, 4th July 1.2mg, 16th July 1mg, 30th July 0.8mg, 13th Aug 0.6mg, 28th Aug 0.4mg, 10th Sept 0.2mg, 23rd Sept Off! 
  • SR Circadin 2mg (melatonin) 25th May - 20th June 
  • Zolpidem 10mg 25th May (7 tablets)
  • Supplements: Magnesium glycinate (soluble - sip throughout the day) 

"Whenever you feel yourself doubting how far you can go,  just remember how far you have come.  Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome"    Unknown 

On 3/3/2018 at 6:26 PM, Downbutnotout said:

Thank you lgrandma. 

Thank you powerback. 

I had a teensy window tonight during the oscars. I texted my dtr. She misses her mommy.  I haven’t been able to feel something for my kids. I felt a little tonight. This terrifies me the most. I laid in bed all day very depressed thinking I should go to the hospital. I want so much not to resort to drugs. I am still in conflict about what I should do. I am very afraid of this depression. It’s a very scary one. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi DBNO,

I've just moved a post you made in thecowisback's Intro where you were asking newbeginning how she is.  Please ask questions in the relevant member's topic.

• Moderator Emeritus

Something which I found very helpful when I was at my worst was something I read in a book, How I Stayed Alive When My Brain Was Trying to Kill Me: One Person's Guide to Suicide Prevention by Susan Blauner.

"It's just a feeling and feelings change."  Such a simple statement but one that has helped me through some really tough times.

4 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

"It's just a feeling and feelings change."  Such a simple statement but one that has helped me through some really tough times.

So very true 

• Citalopram 20mg - 40mg ~ approx 2010 - October 2015 (stopped over one week)
  • Parnate  20mg - 50mg and olazapine 5mg ~ Jan 2016 - May 2016 (ceased over 2 days) 
  • Lithium 450mg-900 mg and Thyroxin ~May 2016 - May 2017
  • Diazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ 2015 - 2017
  • Oxazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ May 2016 - June 2016
  • Lurasidone 20mg ~Mid May 2016 - Mid June 2016
  • Vortioxetine 10mg - 20mg ~ 6th June 2016 - 20th July 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Amitriptyline 200mg ~July 2016 - September 2016 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Nortriptyline  (dose ?) ~October 2016 ~ November 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Seroquel XR 100mg - 300mg ~ May 2016 - August 2017 (ceased over 3 weeks)
  • Escitalopram 10mg - 30mg ~ August 2016 - March 2017 (ceased over 2 weeks)
  • Bupropion 300mg ~ December 2016 - May 2017 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Clonazepam 1.5mg daily ~ July 2016 (started tapering May 2017 - September 2017 currently on 0.375mg..ie 0.125mg TDS) 27th May 2018 5% 0.357mg (possible paradoxical reaction - see benzo thread)  28th June 5% 0.337mg, 28th July 10% 0.303mg, 12th September10% 0.272mg, 18th September reinstated 10% due to intolerable WD 0.303mg, 1st October-11th Oct 10% (1% reduction over 10 days) 0.272mg, 22nd October clonazepam ceased crossed over 10mg diazepam
  •  Dexamphatamine 20mg ~ December 2016 (started tapering October 2017 - tapered 1.25mg 4th Dec 2017, 1.25mg 19th Dec 2017 6.25mg, Speed up decrease due to major interaction between Dex and fluoxetine- ref to thread 10% 17th Feb 2018 5.63mg, 10% 21st Feb 2018 5.1mg, 10% 26th Feb 2018 4.5mg 10% 28th Feb 4.1mg, 10% 1st March 3.7mg, 10% 5th March 3.3mg, 10% 8th March 3mg, 10% 10th March 2.7mg, 10% 12th March 2.4mg, 10% 14th March 2.16mg, 10% 16th March 1.94mg, 10% 18th March 1.74mg, 10% 20th March 1.57mg, 10% 21st March 1.41mg, 10% 22nd March 1.26mg, 10% 23rd March 1.13mg, 10% 24th March 1.01mg, 10% 25th March 0.9mg, 10% 27th March 0.81mg, 10% 29th March 0.73mg, 10% 31st March 0.66mg, 10% 2nd April 0.59mg , 10% 4th April 0.53mg, 10% 6th April 0.47mg, 10% 8th April 0.42mg, 10%10th April 0.37mg, 11th April 0.2mg, 12th April 0.1mg (last dose) OFF! 
  • Fluoxetine 40mg ~December 2016 - 31 Jan 2018 reduced to 20mg (probable serotonin toxicity) 10th March 2020 10mg (1:1 ratio), 7th April 9mg, 1st May 8.5mg, 15th May 8.0mg, 27th May 7.5mg, 8th Sept 7.2mg, 2nd Oct 7mg, 19th Oct 6.8mg, 28th Oct 6.6mg, 5th Nov 6.4mg, 26th Nov 6mg, 2nd April 2021 5.9mg, 9th April 5.8mg, 19th April 5.75mg, 22nd April 5.7mg, 26th April 5.65mg,28th April 5.6mg, 1st May 5.5mg, 4th May 5.45mg, 7th May 5.4mg, 10th May 5.35mg, 12th May 5.3mg, 15th May 5.25mg, 18th May 5.2mg, 20th May 5.15mg, 22nd May 5mg, 10th July 4.5mg, 9th Aug 4.48mg (switched from syringe to pipette method), 12th Aug 4.46mg, 14th Aug 4.4mg, 18th Aug 4.38mg, 19th Aug 4.36mg, 20th Aug 4.34, 21st 4.32mg, 22nd 4.3mg, 23rd Aug 4mg (hold), (micro-taper) 12th Oct 2021 3.98mg, 14th Oct 3.96mg, 15th Oct 3.94mg, 16th Oct 3.92mg, 17th Oct 3.9mg, 18th Oct 3.88mg, 19th Oct 3.86mg, 21st Oct 3.84mg, 22nd Oct 3.82mg, 23rd Oct 3.8mg, 24th Oct 3.78mg, 25th Oct 3.76mg, 26th Oct 3.74mg, 27th Oct 3.72mg, (WD reached intolerable level, reinstated 0.06mg) 28th Oct 3.8mg, 7th March 2022 3.7mg, 21st March 3.6mg, 4th April 3.5mg, 18th April 3.4mg, 2nd May 3.3mg, 16th May 3.2mg, 20th June 3.1mg, 4th July 3mg, 18th July 2.9mg, 12th September 2.7mg, 18th October 2.5mg, 14th Nov 2.3mg, 12th December 2.1mg, 18th January 2023 1.9mg, 9th July 2023 1.88mg, 16th July 1.86mg, 23rd July 1.84mg, 30th July 1.82mg, 6th Aug 1.80mg, 10th Sept 1.7mg, 12th Oct 1.68mg, 23rd Oct 1.66mg, 30th Oct 1.64mg, 6th Nov 1.62mg, 13th Nov 1.60mg, (2:1 ratio) 30th Dec 1.597mg, 7th Jan 2024 1.595mg, 8th 1.592mg,  10th 1.589, 11th 1.587, 12th 1.585, 13th 1.583, 14th 1.58 cont… 5th Feb 1.56mg, 11th Feb 1.55mg, 19th Feb 1.54mg, 26th Feb 1.53mg, 4th March 1.52mg, 11th March 1.51mg, 25th March 1.50mg, 1st April 1.49mg, 8th April 1.48mg, 15th April 1.47mg, 22nd April 1.46mg, 29th April 1.45mg, 6th May 1.44mg 
  • Diazepam 10mg ~ 22nd Oct 2018, 10th November 8mg, 14th Nov 7mg, 8th December 6mg, 30th December 5mg (Nocte), 7th March 2019 4.5mg,14th March 4mg, 5th April 3.5mg, 9th April 3mg, 18th April 2.5mg,1st May 2mg, 17th May 1.75mg, 25th May 1.6mg, 4th June 1.59mg, 5th June 1.58mg, 6th June 1.57mg, 7th June 1.56mg, 8th June 1.55mg, 22nd June 1.4mg, 4th July 1.2mg, 16th July 1mg, 30th July 0.8mg, 13th Aug 0.6mg, 28th Aug 0.4mg, 10th Sept 0.2mg, 23rd Sept Off! 
  • SR Circadin 2mg (melatonin) 25th May - 20th June 
  • Zolpidem 10mg 25th May (7 tablets)
  • Supplements: Magnesium glycinate (soluble - sip throughout the day) 

"Whenever you feel yourself doubting how far you can go,  just remember how far you have come.  Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome"    Unknown 

2 hours ago, Littlegrandma said:

I think the problem we all are having is that we’ve had the drugs pull us out before. That’s why we’re all in this boat. I’ve never had such bone shaking anxiety or depression. Not to mention the physical symptoms. 

I think most most people on this forum are suffering from terror, ruminating thoughts, ocd, and all want to feel better. We just want our simple lives back. 

D, you have to believe you’re going to get better. If I didn’t have that belief for myself, I’m not sure I could go on. I have a perfect life. A near perfect family. But I can’t appreciate any of it right now. I have to have faith that I’ll be able to enjoy life again. Im tired of crying and sad I have to put my family through this. 

You will get better. We will get better. We have to change our mindset. Keep the faith, D. 

Big hugs lg

Thanks l grandma. I’m afraid to go to sleep because I don’t want the nightmare to start again. I feel like you do. Exactly. I wish I could keep the faith. You sound so much more positive than I feel. 

20 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Something which I found very helpful when I was at my worst was something I read in a book, How I Stayed Alive When My Brain Was Trying to Kill Me: One Person's Guide to Suicide Prevention by Susan Blauner.

Oh, a good one. I will keep that one. 

21 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

I’ll get the book. 

5 hours ago, Downbutnotout said:

Thanks l grandma. I’m afraid to go to sleep because I don’t want the nightmare to start again. I feel like you do. Exactly. I wish I could keep the faith. You sound so much more positive than I feel. 

I know what you mean about not wanting to go to sleep. I fear the morning. It’s 4:30 and I’m sitting here trembling. I usually feel calmer in the evening. I wish I could stay up longer to enjoy it, but I’m wiped out by 9 or 10. I sleep for 10-20 minutes, then wake. That cycle repeats most of the night. 

i can’t  wait to get some deep restorative sleep. 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

7 hours ago, Downbutnotout said:

I had a teensy window tonight during the oscars. I texted my dtr. She misses her mommy.  I haven’t been able to feel something for my kids. I felt a little tonight. This terrifies me the most. I laid in bed all day very depressed thinking I should go to the hospital. I want so much not to resort to drugs. I am still in conflict about what I should do. I am very afraid of this depression. It’s a very scary one. 

I’m sorry. I feel so bad for you. 

Maybe, instead of laying in bed, you could move to the couch at least. Record some funny sitcoms at night to watch during the day. Or some uplifting movies. It seems the oscars helped take your mind off your situation. 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

5 hours ago, Littlegrandma said:

I’m sorry. I feel so bad for you. 

Maybe, instead of laying in bed, you could move to the couch at least. Record some funny sitcoms at night to watch during the day. Or some uplifting movies. It seems the oscars helped take your mind off your situation. 

I I managed to get up at 9:00 am., but then I went back to bed till ll:00 a.m.   I did have a window til 3:a.m. last night. If a window means you feel almost normal.  I was able to eat, and everything. I watched a movie I’d seen before. “Catch me if you can” with Leonardo Decpario. I’ve seen in a lot of times. It’s the first movie I’ve been able to watch in a while. I finally had to go to bed. Back in the dumpster. Maybe I should meditate while I’m walking around the block. If I can manage to get dressed. I’m supposed to go to that choir tonight, and I feel very done with it. 

I know what you mean about not wanting to go to sleep. I fear the morning. It’s 4:30 and I’m sitting here trembling. I usually feel calmer in the evening. I wish I could stay up longer to enjoy it, but I’m wiped out by 9 or 10. I sleep for 10-20 minutes, then wake. That cycle repeats most of the night. 

How long has this been going on? It seems like there could be something to help that? Sleep is a very big issue. Remember, when it was a good thing? 

Whoops I did that twice. I’m so sorry about your sleep problem. Did that happen while you were on the lexapro, or when you  started your withdrawal? 

On 3/3/2018 at 5:13 PM, AliG said:

D ~  it would help you to practice some non- drug coping techniques to help you through this. I found them invaluable ~ the link is in your thread.

Thank you. 

11 minutes ago, Downbutnotout said:

How long has this been going on? It seems like there could be something to help that? Sleep is a very big issue. Remember, when it was a good thing? 

Whoops I did that twice. I’m so sorry about your sleep problem. Did that happen while you were on the lexapro, or when you  started your withdrawal? 

I’ve never been a good sleeper. One reason I went on lexapro. The drug made it worse. I sleep some at night because I take ativan and lunesta, unfortunately. I wake dozens of times. But by 2:30 -4 am I’m up with the cortisol anxiety. It’s the worst part of the day for me 

do you wake with the cortisol rush?

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

26 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

I’ve never been a good sleeper. One reason I went on lexapro. The drug made it worse. I sleep some at night because I take ativan and lunesta, unfortunately. I wake dozens of times. But by 2:30 -4 am I’m up with the cortisol anxiety. It’s the worst part of the day for me 

do you wake with the cortisol rush?

Yes, and in the beginning of this “depression” that kept me out of bed. I was able to exercise and calm down. I’m not having as much of a cortisol rush or I couldn’t stay in bed. Now I’m waking up more depressed than anything.  Is lunesta an antidepressant? It doesn’t sound like you have any mental health problems aside from anxiety and wd symptoms?