Swiffy: Stopped fluoxetine too fast

Guest Swiffy

• Administrator

@Swiffy, I don't know what we can do to help you. You don't listen to anything we tell you here. Earlier, I suggested you are taking TOO MUCH diazepam.

If you don't like your current drug combination, please talk to your doctors. 

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Administrator

@Swiffy, this is what has frustrated the staff. Why should we take the time to respond to your posts if you don't read our responses?

The 2mg diazepam dose earlier in the day is probably unnecessary.

However, it's your doctors' responsibility to get you comfortable on your drugs, not ours. We help people with tapering. You are not tapering.

Please let us know when you want to taper off your drugs.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Oh sorry,

idont Take the Dose in the morning, only in the evening...

And how can a taper off IT now? 

Please Tell me i there ist a reason to stop continuable heartracing from prozac....

• Administrator

How much diazepam are you taking now, at what times o'clock?

Please update your signature.

• Administrator

@Swiffy, you realize I asked you if you had dropped the 2mg diazepam and you said you did, but it turns out you're taking it with the rest at 9 p.m.?

It is possible you are taking TOO MUCH diazepam, and this is causing a paradoxical reaction affecting your heartbeat. But from now on, you need to talk to your doctors about this.

You are making too many drug changes for us to help you, and you do not completely answer questions. Do not post here again until you want to taper off a drug.

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

It is possible you are taking TOO MUCH diazepam, and this is causing a paradoxical reaction affecting your heartbeat.

A paradoxical reaction is when a drug does the opposite of what it is meant to do.

Diazepam is a sedating drug.  However, if you take too much of it, the brain fights against the sedative effect (because it is trying to keep you alive) and it can have an activating effect.

If you are taking too much diazepam that might be why you are experiencing the racing heart.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Administrator

@Swiffy, you just started taking diazepam. You're months from tapering off.

• Administrator

Do you want to go off diazepam and cope with the withdrawal symptoms you've gotten from changing drugs about 30 times in the last year?

We can help you taper but we cannot fulfill your need for constant attention to your symptoms.

Guest Swiffy

Hello,

i asked for 1 Symptom which is there before i took Diazepam or other. It is still prozac.

We talked about before i took Diazepam several Times and i Had No answer

It is there since the beginning of WD prozac.

I only want to know if its necessary to Stop it with a microdosis 

Please tell me how i can taper of 12 mg Diazepam.

• Administrator

We would suggest you do it the ordinary way, @Swiffy, by reducing 10% per month, calculated on the last dosage. You'll have to ask your doctor for liquid diazepam for tapering with an oral syringe. Confer with your pharmacist about how to use an oral syringe.

Here's more information https://www.benzoinfo.com/benzodiazepine-tapering-strategies/

You need to take the responsibility to do this yourself. A peer support Web site cannot do this for you.

Your needs seem to be beyond peer support. I don't think we can help you here.

Guest Swiffy

Thanks,

which Desiree IT seems to beyond this Site?

I find IT very  sad that i made that what you told to me:

since when ist the heartracing, when comes it?

I realised long time, and i know its the WD from prozac. It fires without end, covered from Mirtazapin and Diazepam which i reduce.

Its very sad that i got this answer now and its Not logical for me...

Greetings

• Administrator

As I explained before, your symptoms now may be from too much diazepam. Up to you if you want to try reducing it.

Other than that, nobody here can cure your symptoms. I am sorry you are in such distress.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

im writing because i want to o say, i could reduce the diacepam to 0since 1week.

But im in the Hospital again. They want reinstate Fluoxetin.

Can you tell me If that make Sense after 6 Months?

Greetings 👋🏼

• Administrator

You suddenly quit diazepam? That's a good way to get bad withdrawal symptoms.

Sorry, @Swiffy, your situation is so complicated, it's beyond the capacity of peer support. 

No, i reduced it.

I Had a Plan from here for reducing... 😳

I Had it only for 2 weeks.

I Wonder that i got this answer now....

I want to know If i can reinstate Fluoxetine....

Everyone Here say another Things. Here in my Thread i got a Plan to Quit Benzodiazepines....

Greetings

I

Hey,

i know that is difficult to Work with me... But im so Desperate. 

I dont feel WD from stopping Diazepam...

But the Heartracing still goes on. I have since stopping Fluoxetine. Is it normally that people have heartracing 24/7 for Months????

I made a Video about it.

And what do you say about reinstatement?

There are people here who reinstated very late and it functioned. 

Im in the Hospital because i had a suicidal issue. I was in Koma and was in intensive Station for 2 weeks. They reduced the Diazepam.

I woke up without Mirtazapin. But its not worst than before.

Greetings

• Administrator
On 11/11/2021 at 4:37 AM, Swiffy said:

Hi,

Im in the 3rd day of reinstatement 1,25mg. I Feel extremly activated and i Had nausea.

I think this is a Bad sign.

Can you help me?

You quit diazepam abruptly and started fluoxetine, then you got bad symptoms.

We don't know if these symptoms are from diazepam withdrawal or fluoxetine. We cannot advise you about reinstating anything.

I'm sorry, your situation is beyond peer support. Please talk to your doctor.

Hi,

do you have Seen the plan that i've got from Surviving Antidepressants?

Its a Plan how to taper off in two weeks.

It seems that everyone say other things.

Im in a horrible Situation but i think there is no help here. Anyone says this anyone says that. 😕

I dont know from where i can get help, but IT seems like this site cant help me. Its like the Doctors. Everyone says another Things.

Greetings

• Administrator

@Swiffy, we agree. We are very sorry we cannot help you here.

• 3 weeks later...

I Had bad Vertigo and blurred view, more anxiety after taking 2,5 mg for 5 days. 

And i have that constanly heart racing, i read that you had it too.

Im so fearful that i made things worse... 🙈

Hello,

i have only one question: is it possible to make a liquid with lamictal with water and a pill?

I asked my doctor for lamictal in WD and he said he heard about it, but He only want to prescribe 25 mg Tablets.

Greetings 🍀

• Moderator Emeritus

This information about how to get the dose you need is in Post #1 of this topic.  There IS information in there about making your own liquid:

tips-for-tapering-off-lamictal-lamotrigine

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey there,

is Here anyone who has really bad insomnia and who has improvements later? I mean really 0 hours for over Months. I really need Hope. Please write If you have this Problem too.... 🙏