☼ MrAnxious: 3 months off Effexor XR (6 years on)

MrAnxious

Please read two posts above to reply to how I am feeling. OKAY QUESTION

After I withdrawaled from the last pill of Effexor it was in March 22/2012 BUT in Oct 17/2012 I took 37.5 of effexor and small beads for roughly a week ,and tried zoloft for 2-3 weeks i believe. So Does this mean my moment of recovering wouldn't have been in march 22/2012 but end of October when I was off all anti depressant ? But I am still on Buspar since november....my dates may be off a few weeks. QUESTION IS.....

When does my recovery start ? What date?

2007-2012started Effexor xr 225mg -150mg- Varied2months of Taper,(March 22/2012 Off Med/in W/D)Currently No medicationMarch 22/2012- August 16/2012 - Totally Off Effexor( Rough Rough time) Reinstatement for a week(didn't work)****** New Doctor******* Very nice/helpful and in touch.Tried Zoloft- No successAUGUST 17/2012- STARTED 37.5 EFFEXOR FOR ONE WEEK - NOT GOOD < STOPPED.Started Buspar Oct 11th 2012----10 mg for the first 7 days and then 15mg a day---- Taking a new route----Racing thoughts - Gone.Oct 9th ( Done Zoloft,wellbutrin week project trial to feel better) - OFFICIALLY OFF ANTI DEPRESSANT !Oct 26 - Raised Buspar to 20mg a day- Tolerating wellJan 2nd 2013-

Reduce Buspar until full off march 20th 2015 Off all medication !

Tried natural supplements to no avail

Gluten/sugar free since december 2013

• Moderator Emeritus

hi Mr A, your recovery has been going on all along - even though you upped and downed for 6 months or so, you have been recovering since you stopped in march last year....

Started in 2000 - On 150mg most of the time, (but up to 225mg at highest dose for 6 months in the beginning)
Reduced off easily first time - but got depressed (not too much anxiety) 6 months later
Back on effexor for another 9 months.
Reduced off again with no immediate w/d - suddenly got depressed and anxious ++ again 3 or 4 months later.
Back on effexor - this time for 3 years
Reduced off over a month - 6 weeks later terrible anxiety - back on.
Rinse and repeat 4 more times - each time the period before the anxiety comes back got shorter and shorter
Jan - July 2012 75mg down to 37.5mg;, 8/3/12 - 35mg. 8/25/12 - 32mg. 9/11- 28mg, 10/2 - 25mg, 10/29 - 22mg, 11/19 - 19.8mg; 12/11 - 17m,
1/1- 15.5mg; 1/22 -14mg, 2/7 14.9mg, 2/18 - 17.8mg - crashed big time: back to 75mg where i sat for 2 years....

4th  March 2015 - 67.5mg;   31st March - 60mg;  24th April - 53mg; 13th May - 48mg; 26th May - 45mg;  9th June - 41mg; 1 July- 37.5mg; 20 July - 34mg; 11 August - 31mg; 1st Sept - 28mg;  1st Dec - 25.8mg;  28th Dec - 23.2mg; 23rd Jan-21.9mg; Feb 7th- 21mg; March 1st - 20.1mg, March 30th - 18mg

hi Mr A, your recovery has been going on all along - even though you upped and downed for 6 months or so, you have been recovering since you stopped in march last year....

Okay Peggy :) sorry about all the questions, I've just been trying to figure out a timeline to when exactly i can use as my day of quitting totally. Because I see alot of people start feeling good around 12-14 months, i know alot of people are different. Just like to think what I am going through at this moment is just a wave you know...Also my post before this , would you mind giving me some imput on it.

Thanks

2007-2012started Effexor xr 225mg -150mg- Varied2months of Taper,(March 22/2012 Off Med/in W/D)Currently No medicationMarch 22/2012- August 16/2012 - Totally Off Effexor( Rough Rough time) Reinstatement for a week(didn't work)****** New Doctor******* Very nice/helpful and in touch.Tried Zoloft- No successAUGUST 17/2012- STARTED 37.5 EFFEXOR FOR ONE WEEK - NOT GOOD < STOPPED.Started Buspar Oct 11th 2012----10 mg for the first 7 days and then 15mg a day---- Taking a new route----Racing thoughts - Gone.Oct 9th ( Done Zoloft,wellbutrin week project trial to feel better) - OFFICIALLY OFF ANTI DEPRESSANT !Oct 26 - Raised Buspar to 20mg a day- Tolerating wellJan 2nd 2013-

• Administrator

Okay Update. It's been 11 month's now since being off Effexor. After I went off Effexor everything locked up for 5 months until I couldn't take it anymore and went on Buspar, it's a light anti- anxiety medication. It helped with my sleeping which is really good and took away the racing thoughts that I was getting from the W/D.

So long story short I am at 11 months and things have gotten so much better, in school, have met friends. ONE BIG PROBLEM !

The past two weeks I have felt spaced out, having trouble gathering words or have the motivation to speak or return words in a conversation. This is really scaring me as I want the words to roll off my tongue or atleast think and then speak. Has anyone has this problem??????????????Would this be because of being on the buspar, I have been on it for say 4 months now.

Also it's like intense waves of anxiety at all times of the day over this past two weeks, heart beating through my body, don't know what to say to people, almost a scared feeling. Like my body is in flight or fight response, gah i felt like I was doing so good.

Can somebody please help me and tell me what I should do, I do have a appointment with a dr. Naturopath, so I am helping this will help. PLEASE I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET ..11 months off of 6 years of Effexor(250mg) that I came off in 1 month. AM I STILL HEALING ? WHAT SHOULD I DO , ANYTHING I CAN TAKE TO STIMULATE MY BRAIN< FIRE IT BACK UP AGAIN...?

I FORGOT TO EDIT MY SIGNATURE - LAST BEADS OF EFFEXOR WAS ACTUALLY AUGUST 17/2012 37.5 for a week.

I would try reducing the Buspar slightly and see if that reduces the symptoms. If it does, you know where the symptoms are coming from.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Okay Update. It's been 11 month's now since being off Effexor. After I went off Effexor everything locked up for 5 months until I couldn't take it anymore and went on Buspar, it's a light anti- anxiety medication. It helped with my sleeping which is really good and took away the racing thoughts that I was getting from the W/D.

So long story short I am at 11 months and things have gotten so much better, in school, have met friends. ONE BIG PROBLEM !

The past two weeks I have felt spaced out, having trouble gathering words or have the motivation to speak or return words in a conversation. This is really scaring me as I want the words to roll off my tongue or atleast think and then speak. Has anyone has this problem??????????????Would this be because of being on the buspar, I have been on it for say 4 months now.

Also it's like intense waves of anxiety at all times of the day over this past two weeks, heart beating through my body, don't know what to say to people, almost a scared feeling. Like my body is in flight or fight response, gah i felt like I was doing so good.

Can somebody please help me and tell me what I should do, I do have a appointment with a dr. Naturopath, so I am helping this will help. PLEASE I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET ..11 months off of 6 years of Effexor(250mg) that I came off in 1 month. AM I STILL HEALING ? WHAT SHOULD I DO , ANYTHING I CAN TAKE TO STIMULATE MY BRAIN< FIRE IT BACK UP AGAIN...?

I FORGOT TO EDIT MY SIGNATURE - LAST BEADS OF EFFEXOR WAS ACTUALLY AUGUST 17/2012 37.5 for a week.

I would try reducing the Buspar slightly and see if that reduces the symptoms. If it does, you know where the symptoms are coming from.

Hey Alto , thanks for the response. I have been on the Buspar for about 3-4 months now and it wasn't having this effect before. I have thought all along that all the Buspar is doing is taking away some of my effexor w/d and what I am going through right now is that Effexor w/d rearing it's ugly head and peeking through all the craziness.

Honestly I seemed fine for a bit there and now I will be sitting in class and my mind will start drifting, then the haze, then i won't want to talk or know words (make a sentence ) to talk to somebody, and it almost feels like i am high and that's at like afternoon more, maybe my brain is exhausted from not getting the stimulation before, i don't know what it is and it's scaring me, because I was doing so well and was so proud of myself.

As you know I've been in Personal Support Worker class program for 1 month now and have a 93% , so I am rocking it book/memory wise. It's word formation and that zest that is still gone. Maybe my body is still traumatized and in panic mode, I don't know and that scares me, like is all that going to come back eventually....Last AD was in Aug 17th 2012.... Like is this still w/d ?

Your advice would be great cause i'm scared and being in that numb,haze,withdrawn state is no good for me.. and the buspar i take a 7am and its only 10mg so it doesn't do much i know it's not that.

PANIC !!!!!!!!!!! not literally but i need advice , Thanks for the response. I have been on the Buspar for about 3-4 months now and it wasn't having this effect before. I have thought all along that all the Buspar is doing is taking away some of my effexor w/d and what I am going through right now is that Effexor w/d rearing it's ugly head and peeking through all the craziness.

Honestly I seemed fine for a bit there and now I will be sitting in class and my mind will start drifting, then the haze, then i won't want to talk or know words (make a sentence ) to talk to somebody, and it almost feels like i am high and that's at like afternoon more, maybe my brain is exhausted from not getting the stimulation before, i don't know what it is and it's scaring me, because I was doing so well and was so proud of myself.

As you know I've been in Personal Support Worker class program for 1 month now and have a 93% , so I am rocking it book/memory wise. It's word formation and that zest that is still gone. Maybe my body is still traumatized and in panic mode, I don't know and that scares me, like is all that going to come back eventually....Last AD was in Aug 17th 2012.... Like is this still w/d ?

Your advice would be great cause i'm scared and being in that numb,haze,withdrawn state is no good for me.. and the buspar i take a 7am and its only 10mg so it doesn't do much i know it's not that.

• Administrator

I've already expressed my thoughts, MrA.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Okay anybody else then ! Anythings I can do , other than reducing medication that is doing me well ? Suggestions ...Gonna try medication and naturopath, just lately i've been in a funk, probably just looking for reassurance but whatever works :) right ...It's not like I have been on here for awhile

So that was just a wave :) I feel so much better in the past couple days. This whole wave and window saying is very true. It's time to go for my one hour walk and I have my Naturopath/Homeopath Dr. on Monday ! I am excited to be able to go on a natural medication and get off the Buspar slowly :) I have to say one thing that I am learning in this w/d is time and patience is the key ! It does get better, oh and a good environment away from negativity. Take time for yourself. I still have such a long way to go but will let you know how I am doing.

God Bless.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Tezza :) I appreciate your support. So I have been going to the Naturopath and he has giving me these medicine balls that he made up. I seem to be feeling more anxious in a wave lately , 1 week intense anxiety and this week it's been relaxed but it's starting up again, so tired of these waves ,makes me feel like i should be back on more medication and I have to keep telling myself it's the withdrawal after 6 month anti depressant free.

It's like the Buspar isn't enough to hold all of Effexor withdrawal back. Really losing that hope lately as I have struggled so much through out all this. I feel parts of me have gotten better, where there still is the part of extreme anxiety to the point where my nerves are just shot. This withdrawal is so hard, have another naturopath right now and so far i've taken 8 of his balls and just felt more anxiety.

Can anybody help me with this ? Like my anxiety seems to be running really high. hope it's just a phase. It's a different life being med free after being drugged up for that long..

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Mr A,

whatever the naturopath gave you was too stimulating. Your nervous system is sensitive after your effexor withdrawal. Not many doctors, let alone naturopaths really understand withdrawal and what might be calming and restorative for someone with garden variety anxiety could have a paradoxical effect on you now that you are hypersensitive. I really think you should just let time go by and let buspar do whatever it is doing. It has improved, you are MUCH better than you were, but i understand you want to be BEST - don't we all! :lol: I am struggling with that too, but it is a time thing, we need to get on with our life as best we can, whilst giving our nervous system the best possible chance of recovery without throwing unknown substances at it. That includes meditation, exercise, nutritious food and rest. Engaging in life to the extent that we are able as well is helpful because it takes our minds off our situation.

Started in 2000 - On 150mg most of the time, (but up to 225mg at highest dose for 6 months in the beginning)
Reduced off easily first time - but got depressed (not too much anxiety) 6 months later
Reduced off again with no immediate w/d - suddenly got depressed and anxious ++ again 3 or 4 months later.
Rinse and repeat 4 more times - each time the period before the anxiety comes back got shorter and shorter
Jan - July 2012 75mg down to 37.5mg;, 8/3/12 - 35mg. 8/25/12 - 32mg. 9/11- 28mg, 10/2 - 25mg, 10/29 - 22mg, 11/19 - 19.8mg; 12/11 - 17m,
1/1- 15.5mg; 1/22 -14mg, 2/7 14.9mg, 2/18 - 17.8mg - crashed big time: back to 75mg where i sat for 2 years....

4th  March 2015 - 67.5mg;   31st March - 60mg;  24th April - 53mg; 13th May - 48mg; 26th May - 45mg;  9th June - 41mg; 1 July- 37.5mg; 20 July - 34mg; 11 August - 31mg; 1st Sept - 28mg;  1st Dec - 25.8mg;  28th Dec - 23.2mg; 23rd Jan-21.9mg; Feb 7th- 21mg; March 1st - 20.1mg, March 30th - 18mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Remember, as you yourself just said a few posts back, in withdrawal time and patience are the keys. As far as I can tell (after three years of intensive study of the subject) time and patience are the ONLY keys. There's no magic fix.

I did want to tell you that I took Buspar for many years and it definitely messed up my concentration and memory and made me feel spacey.

And I agree, given your history and how hard it's been for you to stabilize, I wouldn't recommend taking any supplements, or any new meds for that matter. If you decide to taper the Buspar do it very very very VERY very very slowly.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

• Moderator Emeritus

Another vote here for packing in the medicine balls, and that your nervous system is most likely reacting to them. I recently had to pack in my multivitamin as I realised there were too many B vitamins aggravating me.

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

Hi Mr A,

whatever the naturopath gave you was too stimulating. Your nervous system is sensitive after your effexor withdrawal. Not many doctors, let alone naturopaths really understand withdrawal and what might be calming and restorative for someone with garden variety anxiety could have a paradoxical effect on you now that you are hypersensitive. I really think you should just let time go by and let buspar do whatever it is doing. It has improved, you are MUCH better than you were, but i understand you want to be BEST - don't we all! :lol: I am struggling with that too, but it is a time thing, we need to get on with our life as best we can, whilst giving our nervous system the best possible chance of recovery without throwing unknown substances at it. That includes meditation, exercise, nutritious food and rest. Engaging in life to the extent that we are able as well is helpful because it takes our minds off our situation.

Wow I really loved this response Peggy :) You have been so amazing throughout all this with your helpful advice. I really hope you are starting to feel better in the process as well. I went to the Naturopath because he was highly recommended and yah the symptoms are still overwhelming at times, but yes I have come a long way too. I also think those little medicine balls were over stimulating me, so I went back for a followup appointment yesterday and he wanted to know all about it. In the end he said that I was progressing well, so now he has me on Sulphur which I am going to give a try. My goal is too get off the Buspar because that could still be creating sypmtoms, i just know with school and everything that I am involved in now it might not be the best course of action to come down off that right away, thinking once i start working and am immersed in my job in July , that would be a good time to start tapering the Buspar. There seems to be a timeline playing out here.

I need some reassurance that it's okay to have a relaxing more sheltered life right now. I have met a few friends while in school and it's been nice, but at the same time i am very hesistant to go out and have a good time because of the anxiety and the haze that comes over me. So i just try to do small things. I think that I am wayyyyy too hard on myself also with this whole process. I also have found that my scores on www.luminosity.com the brain train game go up every week and as bad as my condition is i am in like the 60-80 percentile in many categories :). So their are positive to be seen, i am just too quick to focus on the negatives.

I understand everything you have told me so I will tread with caution.

Remember, as you yourself just said a few posts back, in withdrawal time and patience are the keys. As far as I can tell (after three years of intensive study of the subject) time and patience are the ONLY keys. There's no magic fix.

I did want to tell you that I took Buspar for many years and it definitely messed up my concentration and memory and made me feel spacey.

And I agree, given your history and how hard it's been for you to stabilize, I wouldn't recommend taking any supplements, or any new meds for that matter. If you decide to taper the Buspar do it very very very VERY very very slowly.

Hey Rhi, Thank you for your response. I have to remind myself constantly and love to hear it here , that time is the only answer. It's hard on most days because you see progress and then boom it comes undone. You see alittle more and then Boom , back again. The only think the Buspar has done for me is slow down the symptoms of w/d i am having from the effexor. My body is so sensitive to anything now that I really have to be careful.

I am on 20mg Of Buspar and would by the summer like to start reducing, once I am out of school. How would you suggest that I do it..would 5mg every 2 months be fine ? or is 5mg too much of a drop ? It's in tablet form and goes by 5mg so I am not sure what my other options would be, how did you do it ?

I am also going to watch out what I am taking for supplements, the naturopath said that I am progressing, not sure how much faith i can put in them, this guy I am seeing is very popular and has many degrees. I guess that I am just jaded by doctors.

He has me on Sulphur for the next 2 weeks and I have read that sulphur aids in giving the cells oxygen and detoxifying them, so i will give this a shot.

Thanks for your help , and how are you doing now ? after all your trauma? you med free ? or still on the trek ?

Another vote here for packing in the medicine balls, and that your nervous system is most likely reacting to them. I recently had to pack in my multivitamin as I realised there were too many B vitamins aggravating me.

[/quote

Hey strawberry, How have you been doing ?

Yes i packed in the medicine balls, he also said that i am progressing, so was a little confused by that. Are naturopaths all about the money and is it one big scheme, this Dr. Naturo guy is very nice , helpful and world reknown and seems to know what he is doing.

My next thing is sulphur that he has me on, which I read up on and it seems to do some interesting things. I know that I am sensitive to meds of any sort but I also feel like a certain thing could send me in the right direction.

You make a very good point about the multivitamin, maybe i will put mine away too. I also been taking Vit B 100 on it's own. maybe ill drop that too. No harm in not taking them for a bit i don't think.

Thanks strawberry for your insight and anymore is quite welcome :) Hope you are doing well or progressing well.

• Administrator

As we've said on this site many, many times, and maybe even in this topic, naturopaths don't know anymore about psychiatric drug damage than anybody else, and are just as prone to faking as any allopathic physician.

• Moderator Emeritus

what does the Mr Naturo think the sulpha will do?

Are you taking magnesium and fish oil? they are my two favourite supplements that are usually well tolerated.

Regarding going out - i think you should work out a plan to manage your social anxiety. Many people with anxiety avoid what makes them anxious - whilst that may be helpful to stop you being anxious in the short term, it does nothing to help you over time. I don't mean you should be throwing yourself headlong into nightclubs and heavy stimulation situations, but doing something every few days that might give you some pleasure is very helpful.

As we've said on this site many, many times, and maybe even in this topic, naturopaths don't know anymore about psychiatric drug damage than anybody else, and are just as prone to faking as any allopathic physician.

I Never knew this Alto , i thought they were the good guys cause its natural...He is very know around north america too. I guess in the grand scheme of things he can't hurt me with psychiatry.

Thanks for the info though.

what does the Mr Naturo think the sulpha will do?

Are you taking magnesium and fish oil? they are my two favourite supplements that are usually well tolerated.

Regarding going out - i think you should work out a plan to manage your social anxiety. Many people with anxiety avoid what makes them anxious - whilst that may be helpful to stop you being anxious in the short term, it does nothing to help you over time. I don't mean you should be throwing yourself headlong into nightclubs and heavy stimulation situations, but doing something every few days that might give you some pleasure is very helpful.

Yes Peggy, I do take and have always taken fish oil, thinking why thats why i never really had the zaps.

Also I see people everyday at school in my class and interact with them. My anxiety comes and goes, it feels like my nerves are shot though,very jumpy. Also we have to do presentations in front of the whole class and im sure that is not helping me as i am stressing hard. The teacher did say if anybody has any problems talk to me. Ahhh anxiety has been really rough lately, but hey atleast i am out functioning, taking the bus and meeting people again. Take the good with the bad.

What sulphur does is eliminates metals and it detoxifys the cells,gives them oxygen so they are more fresh and healthy, so i really think its a good thing.

CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME IF THIS WOULD BE OF ANY ASSISTANCE IN HELPING WITH THE PROTRACTED WITHDRAWAL ? OR IS IT ANY OTHER GIMMICK ?SOUNDS LIKE IT WOULD HELP

It's called the Point of Return program...you can google it. 265$ for all the natural pills ? Just asking.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi MrA,

It looks very similar to "the Road Back" program. These programs simply charge you more money for vitamins that you can research and buy for a lot less elsewhere.

Like Rhi said, there's no magic fix. If there was it would've been discovered already and none of us would be on this forum, we'd all be well....sorry

• 2 weeks later...

Update. So it's been 6 months since my last pill of an anti depressant. Let me say it's been quite the ride. Ups and downs , but one thing I must say is that whatever everyone tells you about withdrawal is true. It's waves and windows, lately I have had some intense waves but the windows have been amazing. I can truly say that I am feeling the healing process in full gear right now. The sulphur has taken away the intense heartbeat inside me that was stuck for awhile, my skin is clearing up and the fog/haze is lifting. I can't say I attribute it to the sulphur but is it a coincidence that all this has changed since I start taking it...

Long story short, ITS GETTING BETTER !!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU READ MY STORY FROM THE START , YOU WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD.

It's actually exciting to see the progression, if anybody wants to ask questions, go right ahead. I am at about 70% functioning and life is actually getting alot better. It's all been worth the ride. TTYS !!!!! It's true the better you get , the less you come here. But I will to help others.

ONE LOVE

THANKS EVERYONE THAT HAS BEEN ON THIS JOURNEY!

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for taking the time to post a great update!!! It couldn't have come at a better time for me.

Here's to continued . forward progress!!! WOOT!!

RU :)

Fall 1995 xanax, zoloft. switched to Serzone

1996- spring 2003serzone/ xanax/ lightbox.

b]Fall 2003- Fall 2004? Lexapro 10 mg. Light box /4 mg. xanax.[/b]

2004 - Fall of 2009 10 mg Lex, 150 mg Wellbutrin XL % 4 mg xanax

November 2009- Sept. 2011 10 mg lex., 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax [/b

Sept.2012- July 2012 20 mg Lex 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax

My mantra " go slow & with the flow "

3/2/13.. Began equal dosing 5 Xs /day xanax, while simultaneously incorporating a 2.5 % drop ( from 3.5 mg/day to 3.4 mg/day)

4/6/13 dropped from 300 mg. Wellbutrin XL to 150 mg. Difficult but DONE! Down to 3.3 mg xanax/ day / 6/10/13 3 mg xanax/day; 7/15/2013 2.88mg xanax/day.

10/ 1/2013...... 2.5 mg xanax… ( switched to tablets again) WOO HOO!!!!!! Holding here… cont. with Lexapro.

1/ 2/2014.. tapered to 18mg ( by weight) of a 26 mg ( by weight) pill of 20 mg tab. lexapro. goal is 13mg (by weight OR 10 mg by ingredient content) and STOPPED. Feeling very down with unbalanced, unpredictable WD symptoms.

1/2/2014- ??? Taking a brain-healing break from tapering anything after actively tapering something for 1.5 years. So… daily doses as of 2/2/2014: 18 mg by weight Lex, 150 mg Well. XL, 2.5 mg xanax, down from 26 mg by weight Lex., 300 mg well. XL, 4 mg xanax in August, 2012. I'll take it. :) 5/8/14 started equivalent dose liquid./ tabs. 5/13/14 1.5 % cut.

• Moderator Emeritus
:D Thanks for posting that!

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

Mr anxious are you still taking the buspar? My Doc has offered me that in exchange for Celexa. Buspar being easier to come off of?

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

Mr anxious are you still taking the buspar? My Doc has offered me that in exchange for Celexa. Buspar being easier to come off of?

I can only say what worked for me. I know that the Buspar is covering the extreme w/d from the effexor, and the effexor is pretty much the same as Celexa for w/d and it just helps with the insomnia, not so much for anxiety...it's not powerful but yes is still a drug. Just my experience with it. I would say you have to taper of the Celexa first by your doctor and once done that use the Buspar to ease the side effects. Thats just my advice ,

I will be tapering off Buspar soon , it just doesn't do much for some people others it does.

Hope that helped :)

Thanks for taking the time to post a great update!!! It couldn't have come at a better time for me.

Here's to continued . forward progress!!! WOOT!!

RU :)

No problem, it does get better...It's all time, at first i was just like yah i hope time actually does heal me, just know you are going to be healed one day and it's going to happen. The power of a positive mind and environments are HUGE ! talk to me anytime , im here for you

No problem , this place saved me. It holds a wealth of knowledge on withdrawal.

Thanks everyone, Life is calling me

I WANT TO THANK TEZZA< ALTO< STRAWBERRY >FLOWER> KARMA >SKYLAR> AND EVERYONE THAT HAS TALKED TO ME < IF YOU EVER NEED SOME ADVICE I ALWAYS CHECK MY POSTS>

EVERYONE WILL GET OVER THIS< CHECK OUT MY WHOLE STORY>IVE COME VERY FAR !

:) Finally getting back to who I use to be, the old me, but yet the new and so much more appreciative me.

As much as I can say this absolutely ruined 6 years of my life, the flip side is what I have learned. It's PRICELESS

Oh my..you sound so good. It makes me happy..Have a good day. Find some peace.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

• Moderator Emeritus

Inspiring stuff, thanks! Glad you're doing so well.

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

2 month taper down to zero

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

6 or so months back to regular dose of 150 - was able to restabilize fine.

3 month taper back to zero

1 HORRENDOUS week at zero

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

One week at 150 - unable to stabilize.

Back down to 75 mgs

At 75 mgs (half original dose) and suffering withdrawal symptoms since October 2012.

"It is a radical cure for all pessimism to become ill, to remain ill for a good while, and then grow well for a still longer period." - Nietzsche

Okay well that was quick lived. I really do feel alot better than I was and I am progressing so I just have to ask : I have these days such as today , where I am all of a sudden become very quiet and withdrawn and can't really snap out of it, it's like a haze. Like I feel good for a week and then boom crappy for 2-3 and then good again for a week and then crappy.

Could somebody please tell me what is going on here, I realize that I have only been off Ad's since August 17/2012 so roughly 7 months Ad free. Is there any good info or advice with this, cause it's really frustrating how I can start to feel better and talk about it and then boom it's like im a zombie, not much emotion, tired, withdrawn and very anxious and nervous..touch me i jump

Thanks anyone :)