☼ MrAnxious: 3 months off Effexor XR (6 years on)

MrAnxious

• Moderator Emeritus

Are you having any other symptoms besides slight depression on waking and then feeling flat for most of day.  How is the anxiety?

What are you doing which is so interesting that it keeps you up late at night?  Could you do that during the day?

Having nothing to get up for would definitely contribute to feelings of having no motivation.  Are there some enjoyable things you want to do?

If your physical symptoms have subsided, and it sounds like they have, perhaps you would feel more motivated to get up and do things during the day if you made yourself a temporary schedule for the next few weeks.

Maybe include some small goals, chores, fun and relaxation.

You could use this time to research and find healthy methods of dealing with anxiety.  Maybe go to a yoga class or join a meditation group.... whatever appeals to you.

If you are still going through a wave, then having a daily schedule might help to get you through it, as long as you don't push too hard.

Exercising earlier in the day might get those positive endorphins flowing sooner.

Just some thoughts. 

It sounds like you are doing really well Mr. A. :)

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Are you having any other symptoms besides slight depression on waking and then feeling flat for most of day.  How is the anxiety?

What are you doing which is so interesting that it keeps you up late at night?  Could you do that during the day?

Having nothing to get up for would definitely contribute to feelings of having no motivation.  Are there some enjoyable things you want to do?

If your physical symptoms have subsided, and it sounds like they have, perhaps you would feel more motivated to get up and do things during the day if you made yourself a temporary schedule for the next few weeks.

Maybe include some small goals, chores, fun and relaxation.

You could use this time to research and find healthy methods of dealing with anxiety.  Maybe go to a yoga class or join a meditation group.... whatever appeals to you.

If you are still going through a wave, then having a daily schedule might help to get you through it, as long as you don't push too hard.

Exercising earlier in the day might get those positive endorphins flowing sooner.

Just some thoughts. 

It sounds like you are doing really well Mr. A. :)

Thanks PETU ! But you'll never guess what happened. Remember that sleep study that I had. Well I got the results back yesterday and I HAVE SLEEP APNEA- Never been so excited to say that. Yes I will have the machine and mask to deal with but i have heard the benefits are unreal, THIS IS WHAT COULD BE CONTRIBUTING TO MY EXHAUSTION AND LACK OF MOTIVATION and WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS PROGRESSING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Sleep Apnea and Depression go hand and hand. And I believe this sleep apnea is from the effexor withdrawal. So I stop breathing 30 times in a hour and i lack oxygen, then my heart goes irregular when i stop breathing-makes sense. So I have to go to another sleep study on Aug 2nd and then i get my machine a month later. I am so bummed I have to wait one month to potentially feel better, but reading the reviews from people using the Cpap machine, it made a huge difference just after the first night. :)))))) Can't wait to see what it does for me, maybe it's the last thing i need in this journey. Fingers crossed. More oxygen does mean more energy and faster metabolism to lose weight and such. 

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING - We continue this fight.

2007-2012started Effexor xr 225mg -150mg- Varied2months of Taper,(March 22/2012 Off Med/in W/D)Currently No medicationMarch 22/2012- August 16/2012 - Totally Off Effexor( Rough Rough time) Reinstatement for a week(didn't work)****** New Doctor******* Very nice/helpful and in touch.Tried Zoloft- No successAUGUST 17/2012- STARTED 37.5 EFFEXOR FOR ONE WEEK - NOT GOOD < STOPPED.Started Buspar Oct 11th 2012----10 mg for the first 7 days and then 15mg a day---- Taking a new route----Racing thoughts - Gone.Oct 9th ( Done Zoloft,wellbutrin week project trial to feel better) - OFFICIALLY OFF ANTI DEPRESSANT !Oct 26 - Raised Buspar to 20mg a day- Tolerating wellJan 2nd 2013-

Reduce Buspar until full off march 20th 2015 Off all medication !

Tried natural supplements to no avail

Gluten/sugar free since december 2013

HUGE UPDATE FROM MR. A! 

I have never been so excited to say that I HAVE SLEEP APNEA. My sleep study concluded that I stop breathing 30 times in a hour, poor oxygen levels and my heart is irregular when i stop breathing. I wake up way too many times during the night and I don't get next to nothing 11mins of REM sleep a night. So I am going to have a CPAP machine and mask and Oxygen ! I am actually so excited because Sleep Apnea is linked with depression and anxiety and motivation and fatigue. ALL THE STUFF THAT I CURRENTLY HAVE. I am thinking alot of this leftover withdrawal that I am feeling is because of this problem. I really think the effexor and sleep apnea are definitely linked and I've read a couple articles about anti depressants and sleep apnea but that's a whole other thing to get into.

So I have to wait a month, which is a bummer. But atleast I know what some of the problem could be. Anyone who has never got your Sleep checked should really go and get a sleep study done. You never know what could be compounding your problem. I might just end up waking up and be fully recovered- Happened to alot of people after the first night- Crossing my fingers :) But prolongs my hope cause it was getting a little worrisome.

I hope everyone is doing well and progressing. Little things can happen that lead us to a greater path in the unknown

2007-2012started Effexor xr 225mg -150mg- Varied2months of Taper,(March 22/2012 Off Med/in W/D)Currently No medicationMarch 22/2012- August 16/2012 - Totally Off Effexor( Rough Rough time) Reinstatement for a week(didn't work)****** New Doctor******* Very nice/helpful and in touch.Tried Zoloft- No successAUGUST 17/2012- STARTED 37.5 EFFEXOR FOR ONE WEEK - NOT GOOD < STOPPED.Started Buspar Oct 11th 2012----10 mg for the first 7 days and then 15mg a day---- Taking a new route----Racing thoughts - Gone.Oct 9th ( Done Zoloft,wellbutrin week project trial to feel better) - OFFICIALLY OFF ANTI DEPRESSANT !Oct 26 - Raised Buspar to 20mg a day- Tolerating wellJan 2nd 2013-

That is wonderful news! Not that you have the problem but that it was confirmed and there is treatment for it that could make a very positive change in your life. I believe there others on SA that have found the same and they can surely offer you much support, comparing notes and such.

Thrilled for you!

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

• Moderator Emeritus

great news Mr. A

Keep us posted

July 2001 prescribed 20mg citalopram for depression;
On and off meds from 2003-2006.
February 2006 back on 20mg citalopram and stayed on it until my last attempt at tapering in September 2011.
By far the worst withdrawal symptoms ever. Reinstated to 20mg citalopram
October 2012 - found this forum!
Nov 2012 to Feb 2013 did 10% taper, got doen to 11mg - was going great until stressful situation. Cortisol levels hit the roof, hideous insomnia forced me to updose to 20mg.
March 2016 - close to 100% back to normal!

****** I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience or reading and is only my perspective ******

That is wonderful news! Not that you have the problem but that it was confirmed and there is treatment for it that could make a very positive change in your life. I believe there others on SA that have found the same and they can surely offer you much support, comparing notes and such.

Thrilled for you!

Thank you :) thats so encouraging  , and yah im gonna tug some people's strings and see how it's change them. Could be a breakthrough for sure.

great news Mr. A

Keep us posted

Thanks Basil, I will for sure !

That's great! It changed my life, hope it does yours!

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

• Moderator Emeritus

That's great news Mr. A, keep us posted. :)

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

That's great! It changed my life, hope it does yours!

Do you mind telling me exactly what it changed, were you in withdrawal too ? What's it like once you start using it ? I'm so excited to get started !Other than the mask part but i hear most people get used to it. What do you suggest full face mask or nasal pillow cpap ?

That's great news Mr. A, keep us posted. :)

Thanks Basil , I will most definitely keep in touch.. How have you been doing ?

No, I wasn't in withdrawal....I felt better after I started it, so started reducing meds, and then got myself into a withdrawal mess. I had been so tired, and I slept so poorly...it slowly fixed that. It was hard at first to tolerate the mask, but I just made myself leave it on. It still bothers me as small leaks tend to form when I move around. Because of that, I use the biggest, heaviest mask, Quatro. It goes clear around the mouth. The pillows hurt my nose, but I have a sister who loves them. My mom uses a nasal mask, but she says it hurts her upper jaw sometimes. Everyone has to find their own way to do something so unnatural.

I was told the real problem with sleep apnea is that your body secretes a bit of adrenaline with every event. That and the sleep deprivation can cause psychiatric symptoms, I believe. When I went to a holistic doc, He had me do a urine test to check adrenal hormones. My adrenaline level was twice the normal limit, but when I asked him about it he said that he wasn't concerned about that right now (my cortisol level was also quite elevated and he was focused on that). I think that's doctor-speak for "I don't have a clue." So it was 4 yrs. later that I heard a radio show about how hard it is to know you need a sleep study and went to a sleep doctor on my own.

So good luck...I know it is very hard to wait for the machine when you know there's a problem.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

56 years old

Thank you for the helpful reply memi and i really think its going to make a day and night difference in alot of these lingering symptoms i hope it does..hope !!!

Update : soy mind has been relatively table for the past couple days. Now that i know i have sleep apnea and can treat it with a mask, i really think it will help with lingering symptoms. The only problem left is anxiety and emotions. I know i am probably in a slight window right now but good news...!!! I havent had a ativan for two weeks now :) so i dont feel dependant on them. I cant wait to reduce my buspar another letter at the end of the month.

Oh i stopped drinking dairy and now drink almond milk because it has 45% b12 intake and other stuff milk doesnt have and less sugar. It seems to give me a boost :)

Hey MrA,

A poster here was asking about starting a sleep apnea group on yahoo.groups a while ago. I just saw his name again, it's 'compsports'. Possibly something for you check out. Keep us posted on how it goes!

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

Update : So it's been over 10 months now and lets say i have experienced enough emotions and mind games and weight gain and symptoms to last a lifetime but does anybody everv feel like they actually feel better? Like most days now alot of physical symptoms are gone but i wake up still and my head is groggy and i am tired ..still have no motivation to do anything( sleep mask may change this)

Positive news : I haven't had to take any ativan in about 3 weeks now !!!!! So i think that i curbed and got through that period too :) its just hard to see my transformation when i still feel so fatigued everyday but aug 2nd is my 2nd sleep study ..coming up and i hope its just like icing on this withdrawal train..i know i lack oxygen and stop breathing when i sleep so it could and i really hope it makes a huge difference and speeds my recovery up that much more.

It does get better and it will get better...just takes alot of time.

Thank you so much for being by my side and thanks alto for this site: its a lifesaver

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Mr. A,

Are you tracking your symtoms daily? I have a list in a spreadsheet and I rate them out of 10. It helps me to see the pattern and also to recognise that, slowly, I'm getting better. I totally understand how it can feel like you're not getting better through -- it really is a mind f**& isn't it?

Congratulations for not taking Ativan for 3 weeks. For my part, Benzos only made things worse. I got rebound insomnia and anxiety from a few pills of Valium. Once I stopped taking the Valium things slowly started to improve.

February 2006 back on 20mg citalopram and stayed on it until my last attempt at tapering in September 2011.
Nov 2012 to Feb 2013 did 10% taper, got doen to 11mg - was going great until stressful situation. Cortisol levels hit the roof, hideous insomnia forced me to updose to 20mg.

****** I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience or reading and is only my perspective ******

It does get better and it will get better...just takes alot of time. 

Amen.

4 years aprox. on 150mgs.Effexor for situational major depression.No AD before.
Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months.

Tapered Quetiapine,Xanax in the last 18 months.NO med of any kind anymore.
First 3 months off acute w/d
Protracted w/d ever since.
Symptoms:Anxiety,anhedonia,insomnia,tinnitus,PSSD

04/13/2014 Awful Relapse.Recovered fairly fast.

3 years and 4 months off.

waves and windows.Very much recovered.

November 2015,health issue.Setback.

Well i have my cpap trial tommorow night wish me luck !

• Moderator Emeritus

*Wishing you luck.

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

2 month taper down to zero

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

6 or so months back to regular dose of 150 - was able to restabilize fine.

3 month taper back to zero

1 HORRENDOUS week at zero

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

One week at 150 - unable to stabilize.

Back down to 75 mgs

At 75 mgs (half original dose) and suffering withdrawal symptoms since October 2012.

"It is a radical cure for all pessimism to become ill, to remain ill for a good while, and then grow well for a still longer period." - Nietzsche

Thank you starting to feel like this is a gift from god like you have suffered enough my son here is a gift of healing i feel it could take away my tiredness atleast separate what is withdrawal now.

• Moderator Emeritus

My thoughts are with you Mr. A:)

Thank you , and it was a bust, not sure how i am suppose to sleep when im rigged up like a robot. And than the MASK !!! I just couldn't sleep it was more anxiety keeping me alert then trying to breathe in air like this, tried both masks and nasal one i found better, just weird how you have to close your mouth and breathe only through nose, seems like a workout after awhile, left at 4am and will call back for another one...gotta bring my own pillow too. I am really trying to wrap my head around this whole concept and believe someone can actually sleep with one of those things on. Maybe my insomnia is back in a wave cause im not going to be until 4am some nights lately and will sleep in until 3pm. Got nothing else to do but recover, lots of walks lately. Gotta quit the smokes and eat healthier , on my list !

Hey Mr. A...sorry it was so hard. But I don't think anyone does much sleeping in the beginning. Compsports has had a real rough time, you might want to PM her (him). It still bothers me, but I have accepted it as much better than sleeping without it. Good luck!

56 years old

Hi MrA,

I am sorry that you are still suffering with symptoms :(

I hope that you will find some peace soon.

MrA, I noticed on your thread that you tapered off Ativan ..? Is that right?

I am suffering with it, and am trying to find a way to taper.

Do you mind sharing with me the method you used to taper?

I tried to ask you through PM, but yours is not available.

I will be grateful for any help you could give me ..

Wishing you well being and healing MrA ..

Love, Lexi

Hello,
I am tapering Lorazepam, and my daily dose is 1.125 mgs.

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

but it did not work. So I resumed my taper and hold pattern.
For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

Hi MrA,I am sorry that you are still suffering with symptoms :(I hope that you will find some peace soon.MrA, I noticed on your thread that you tapered off Ativan ..? Is that right?I am suffering with it, and am trying to find a way to taper.Do you mind sharing with me the method you used to taper?I tried to ask you through PM, but yours is not available.I will be grateful for any help you could give me ..Wishing you well being and healing MrA ..Love, Lexi

Hey Lexi :) Sorry to hear that you are suffering with Ativan. I just started taking it to quell some of the w/d from the intense anxiety that I was having, but I think in the end the rebound anxiety was worse from the Ativan. I wasn't really on a heavy dose 0.5mg pill. So I just broke it in half and then eventually I just stopped taking them. As the anxiety has gone down I have learned to cope without them, as I don't like how they feel when they wear off. I would suggest tapering the 10% way but I don't really know much about tapering off Benzo. Sorry. I wish you healing and if you ever need to chat , gimme a shout. I was just camping for the past week.

Update : Just need to get this Cpap machine underway, My second sleep study failed so I have another appt with sleep doctor. It's hard being so tired everyday and just not there 100% mentally. After awhile I start to think how long have I had sleep apnea. Well Aug 15th is my next appt so we will wait. As for other symptoms, i have noticed that the heartbeat I use to have around 8pm every night that has gone away, i noticed the intense anxiety has gone down. Fatigue and muscle soreness and tired feeling are the last symptoms, well and that overall happy feeling but that will come in time. Just tired of feeling like a Zombie. 

Ttys guys and hope everyone is healing, any questions just ask. 

Mr. A

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo.... I have been struggling big time with my new sleep apnea mask, like I am really not sure how one is expected to sleep with this piece of plastic covering my mouth  and nose(mouth breather) and fall asleep. I really just want this too work for me and really hope i get used to this cpap machine. I really think it's the last of my symptoms and if I get rest well I am going to feel alot better. Here is too hope. I figure my anxiety / slight depression and irritation and fatigue are all due to sleep apnea. 

I hope everyone is doing well. It's been quite the ride but I believe that I am getting better day by day. I am out and hiking and such. Found a good friend that actually likes to go on night walks etc so we go like 10km a night walking now. 

Talk to everyone soon and hang in there for anybody that is reading, it's getting better :) Slowly but surely

, it's getting better :) Slowly but surely

I am glad for you Mr.A

I can say the same, slowly but surely.

Good luck, A.

4 years aprox. on 150mgs.Effexor for situational major depression.No AD before.
Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months.

Tapered Quetiapine,Xanax in the last 18 months.NO med of any kind anymore.
First 3 months off acute w/d
Protracted w/d ever since.
Symptoms:Anxiety,anhedonia,insomnia,tinnitus,PSSD

04/13/2014 Awful Relapse.Recovered fairly fast.

3 years and 4 months off.

waves and windows.Very much recovered.

November 2015,health issue.Setback.

I had a thought about the CPAP. I totally get how you feel, it is a major pain to sleep with. But I haven't had A LOT of trouble. I think it's because I was very accustomed to putting things on other people's airways (I work a lot with trachs and ventilators). I know that it is tougher to endure anything when trying to sleep than when awake. So I was wondering if doing some mindfulness meditation while awake with CPAP might help. I am fully aware of what a weird idea that is :).

56 years old

Memi its a great idea i will try that for sure. What kind of mask do you use.i am on a full face mask..its so hard to fall asleep and the leaks..i need help cause i really want it to work!

Please work cpap! Your my last line of defense for this withdrawal and such.

Yes, I use a full mask, and the leaks (and sometimes the air outlet) bother me too. But I am sure poor sleep on is better than poor sleep off. Are you changing the inner liner on schedule? An old one makes the mask leak more. Also, if you are really have probs., go back to the RT at the supply company. Or the doctor. Just don't give up. That said, some people have a horrible time and I really feel for them.

56 years old

So i still cant sleep with this mask like its sealed good i just dont fall asleep and if i do i take it off 30 mins later ! I want this to work so bad , also think im going through a wave from the stress, dont feel so hot . ..suggestions, i was coming along well with the w/d now this

Are you taking the mask off in your sleep? Then do you put it back on when you wake up?

56 years old

Hey Mr. A,

Are you tracking your symtoms daily? I have a list in a spreadsheet and I rate them out of 10. It helps me to see the pattern and also to recognise that, slowly, I'm getting better. I totally understand how it can feel like you're not getting better through -- it really is a mind f**& isn't it?

Congratulations for not taking Ativan for 3 weeks. For my part, Benzos only made things worse. I got rebound insomnia and anxiety from a few pills of Valium. Once I stopped taking the Valium things slowly started to improve.

Spreadsheet sounds like a great idea! Mr. A - Good for you for getting clear of all this stuff. It took a while it seems like, but your story inspires me. I had sleep apnea while on Celexa for some reason years ago. I have some of it when I sleep on my back.

I know that for me, getting off Adderall was a huge improvement though I will be struggling now with Cymbalta and then Tramadol. Things are not perfect, but at least I feel a little more authentically grounded in my own experiences off the Adderall. I didn't realize how messed up I felt on the stuff and unreal and half-dead until I stopped.

Finished slow taper on 4/6/14 from 20 mg to 6 beads over period of almost a year on Cymbalta and then quit cannabis around the time I DC'd Cymbalta.

Tried to go off completely 8/13 - 8/20 (didn't work) - Reinstated 10mg on 8/21/13

Off Adderall (2010 -2013) after 3.5 years since July 12th, 2013

Taking Tramadol 50 mg since 2007 for chronic pain

Lamictal 450 mg (from 2007 - 2009)

Lexapro (2004-2007 30 mg?)

Ambien (2009-2010)

Trazadone (2010-2011 for sleep)

2008-2010 -Trials of Wellbutrin, Paxil, Ritalin, Concerta, Effexor, Risperdal, Abilify, Seroquel, Trileptal

Earlier history includes - long courses of Tricyclics, Prozac, Wellbutrin, Paxil. Serzone, Celexa, Remeron, Zoloft for shorter periods.

Haldol, Lithium, Stelazine. Xanax, Clonipin, and Ativan have been used on and off, mostly Clonipin. Went through serious Xanax withdrawal a couple times in my life so far. Methadone (2003-2005 - psychiatrist/pain management doctor decided that was the first thing I ought to try for moderate chronic pain).  MS Contin 2005-2007 (aka Morphine)