☼ MrAnxious: 3 months off Effexor XR (6 years on)

MrAnxious

• Moderator Emeritus

Something I've noticed about withdrawal anxiety, which is different from 'normal' anxiety is that when we go ahead and do something, we function very well, its almost like the anxiety isn't real, it just feels like it is.

I'm sure you will do very well in your interview and once you get into a stable position, I think you will start to feel much more settled in your life again.  My daughter's friend works in aged care, she finds it very rewarding.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Petu !!! Lexy!!memi !!! Thanks for all your encouragement and petu what you just said about once we actually go do it well that reigns so true!! I rocked that interview and looked at it as a challenge. I'll tell you if I got it or not, this is def a huge step in recovery. I can't wait to help people after what I have went through..still a long road left but I'm learning so much and you guys are truly angels and I pray for you all an enlightenining recovery. We are here to learn on this journey that's why we are the chosen ones. I found an amazing movie whether you are spiritual or not its about the struggle "letters to god" its breathtaking and yes you may shed a few tears but I am all about the meaning. Its about a little boy who writes to god letters. The kids are adorable in it..take a look. Also if anyone I mean anyone wants to email me cause they need a friend or want to talk about withdrawal. My inbox is open !

2007-2012started Effexor xr 225mg -150mg- Varied2months of Taper,(March 22/2012 Off Med/in W/D)Currently No medicationMarch 22/2012- August 16/2012 - Totally Off Effexor( Rough Rough time) Reinstatement for a week(didn't work)****** New Doctor******* Very nice/helpful and in touch.Tried Zoloft- No successAUGUST 17/2012- STARTED 37.5 EFFEXOR FOR ONE WEEK - NOT GOOD < STOPPED.Started Buspar Oct 11th 2012----10 mg for the first 7 days and then 15mg a day---- Taking a new route----Racing thoughts - Gone.Oct 9th ( Done Zoloft,wellbutrin week project trial to feel better) - OFFICIALLY OFF ANTI DEPRESSANT !Oct 26 - Raised Buspar to 20mg a day- Tolerating wellJan 2nd 2013-

Reduce Buspar until full off march 20th 2015 Off all medication !

Tried natural supplements to no avail

Gluten/sugar free since december 2013

I am pleased to say " I ROCKED THE INTERVIEW AND GOT THE JOB " I start next monday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Helping people. I can't tell you how good this feels. Things appear to be coming together for me. " Thank you to god" I have really taken to my spirtual insight lately and wow have I seen a change. Also I meditated and it really does calm one. The light is becoming brighter and brighter as the days go by and I am sleeping for 6 hours now !!! The weight loss has definitely helped with the sleep apnea. It must almost be gone now. I know that I still have a long road ahead but this journey is starting to become fun. It's funny the roller coaster from hell and back the past year is starting to climb and climb. 

Keys to success and every one of them is very important folks -    Eating Clean- Eliminating anything packaged. Not eating garbage aka Cookies, cake, chips, or anything deep fried. Eating clean is Lots of fruits and Veggies, nuts for the brain, lean meat aka chicken, fish like tuna and lots of leafy greens. Smoothies work wonders.

Adequate amounts of exercise. Do what you can handle- I know in the beginning it wasn't good to go for long. Now i am walking 7 miles or 10kilometers a day !!! This makes a huge huge huge huge difference in my mood i can't even explain it's like day and night after i exercise, get a sweat on. The benefits you also lose weight and it helps you sleep at night in return.

Omegas- I cannot push these little fish oil friends enough. I take 6 a day and they are high potency. This is okay, nobody will overdose from fish oil. If you have a bad reaction to them or they heighten your anxiety, do not take them. But for me they work wonders for the brain, as the brain is composed of a lot of fat.

Vitamin D is priceless and people don't get enough or enough sun in the winter time depending on where you live. I take 3,000IU a day and this seems to suffice.

* CO Q EnZYme- The Biggest one for me, after taking for a few weeks, the fatigue etc seemed to drift away. I take 150mg

Self talk- Telling yourself that you are great and amazing and beautiful everyday even when you don't truly believe it, DO IT ! The brain is a muscle and it goes off our thoughts. Everytime you have a deceptive thought replace it with a good thought and don't dwell and move on. Do this everytime and trust me you will have less negative thoughts after a few weeks but you have to do this for every thought. The brain is not you by M.D Jeffrey Swartz changed my thinking and thoughts literally, it's the hardest at first and will test you but it works wonders. I got it at chapters.

Know that this is all a process and that the brain is so resilient. The brain is capable of healing and returning back to greatness. You just have to feed it will all of the above. DONT DRINK DONT DO DRUGS ! PERIOD. This makes holes in your brain and definitely deflates your progress. THINK OF IT AS HOLY < WHAT YOU PUT IN EVENTUALLY YOU WILL GET OUT.

Make friends, whether online or in the community. Push yourself- More social ties , less depression and thoughts and more busyness and good times. ( I know it's extremely hard but you must push some boundaries).

If you follow the path of righteousness, you will be led along the path of self fulfillment. Surround yourself with beauty and enjoy the ride. Most of all change who you are to who you want to be. Meditate, do yoga, play sports, go skating. All these things will make you feel alot better and in most cases speed up your withdrawal but it has to be a complete effort, not just half a$$.

* Well I am glad to write this and wish everyone healing and discovery, the world awaits you. Be the proof. NO EXCUSES - You will get better. I thought i wouldn't when i had brain fog, couldn't speak properly, wouldn't go outside. I won't lie i still have those twitches all over my body sometimes , and i get dizzy when i get up and such. BUT WOW HAS THIS GOTTEN A WHOLE LOT BETTER.  I know the road still has bumps and bruises and setbacks along the way, but hey after what I and you went through, it's prepared and equipped us for the long haul. We see the world alot differently than others do. 

I believe this is a test from god to change who we use to be to who we are now, i truly believe this.

One Love, Mr. A

* I only have 15mg of Buspar left to reduce and then my road to healing will get that much better, but i know to take my time now. NAMASTE*

2007-2012started Effexor xr 225mg -150mg- Varied2months of Taper,(March 22/2012 Off Med/in W/D)Currently No medicationMarch 22/2012- August 16/2012 - Totally Off Effexor( Rough Rough time) Reinstatement for a week(didn't work)****** New Doctor******* Very nice/helpful and in touch.Tried Zoloft- No successAUGUST 17/2012- STARTED 37.5 EFFEXOR FOR ONE WEEK - NOT GOOD < STOPPED.Started Buspar Oct 11th 2012----10 mg for the first 7 days and then 15mg a day---- Taking a new route----Racing thoughts - Gone.Oct 9th ( Done Zoloft,wellbutrin week project trial to feel better) - OFFICIALLY OFF ANTI DEPRESSANT !Oct 26 - Raised Buspar to 20mg a day- Tolerating wellJan 2nd 2013-

• Administrator

Congratulations, Mr. A, you've come a long way.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

:) OMG!! GREAT POST MR.A!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

PS How long have you been AD free?

4 years aprox. on 150mgs.Effexor for situational major depression.No AD before.
Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months.

Tapered Quetiapine,Xanax in the last 18 months.NO med of any kind anymore.
First 3 months off acute w/d
Protracted w/d ever since.
Symptoms:Anxiety,anhedonia,insomnia,tinnitus,PSSD

04/13/2014 Awful Relapse.Recovered fairly fast.

3 years and 4 months off.

waves and windows.Very much recovered.

November 2015,health issue.Setback.

Congratulations, Mr. A, you've come a long way.

Thank you Alto and Alex :) Thank you for being there for me and thank you for having this website to help others. You are truly beautiful people and I wish the best in your recoveries. We got this ! (Sheds a tear)

Alex I have been off Effexor now since Oct 2012 and I am still on buspar but today I just a suspension script for Buspar which is amazing. So now i can properly taper the rest :) I am not out of the woods yet, but i have found the trail :)

Make friends, whether online or in the community. Push yourself- More social ties , less depression and thoughts and more busyness and good times. ( I know it's extremely hard but you must push some boundaries).

I believe this is a test from god to change who we use to be to who we are now, i truly believe this.

I can't agree more.

Hugs,A

Congratulations! I think one other good thing you did was recognize when you weren't quite ready to go back to work, and waited to heal a bit more. That self-awareness is going to help you as well. I hope you love your new job and spread joy wherever you go!

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Well I am going through a wave right now because my head hurts I am having nightmares and just in a negative space but I know this shall pass too. Two days so far, maybe all the running around and phone calling has added extra stress and the job starting next Monday, trying to stay positive today :)

Good luck on the new job....starting a new job is stress producing.  Wanted to pop in and say hello......

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Good luck on the new job....starting a new job is stress producing. Wanted to pop in and say hello......

Thanks Nikki that means a lot to me :)) hello, how are you doing?

Well day 3 of this wave..haven't felt good as of late..thoughts keep popping up negative self defeating ones. Like this withdrawal just throws us for a loop. When I approach people in past 3 days my heart starts beating fast. Some many good things are happening though. And that zombie feeling I notice is more present. This is month 14 off anti depressant!

I think anyone would be a bit nervous starting a whole new job field. Of course it will be tougher for you with an already edgy nervous system. Look at your goal as getting through the next few days, not as feeling well. Just keep doing the next needed thing and show us all how it's done!

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

CONGRATULATIONS Mr. A!!

That is the way to cope with the monster!!

Thanks its funny how withdrawal when you hit a wave can make you feel like you have made no progress at all.

* if I made a Facebook group so I can talk to you guys and girls everyday would you join it? I need somebody I can talk to consistently like some friends y'all are going through this I think it would be great !!

• Moderator Emeritus

I think anyone would be a bit nervous starting a whole new job field. Of course it will be tougher for you with an already edgy nervous system. Look at your goal as getting through the next few days, not as feeling well. Just keep doing the Ifnext needed thing and show us all how it's done!

Meime is right, withdrawal makes us more vulnerable to stress for a while and starting a new job is stressful for anyone.  Once you get adjusted to your job and into a routine it will have a positive effect on your continued recovery, adding stability, social interaction, distractions and a sense of accomplishment.

If I were you, I would do everything I need to do to prepare for Monday and then forget about it. Spend the next few days living in the moment, do things you enjoy, keep busy and don't allow yourself to 'worry' about next week, it will take care of itself as it happens.

I'm curious, what's the difference between talking on facebook and talking here?  You can PM me if you like.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

Thanks petu :) your input is always appreciated and loved. I like Facebook because its easy to see who I am talking to and its quick and easy to have a back and forth conversation but yes I will keep writing on here. I am feeling a bit better today so it must have been a wave. I hope everyone is doing well. I am excited to start working just those darn waves are annoying. When you feel decent you want to stay that way! If anyone needs help or wants to ask questions go right ahead :)

Well the time has come as I sit in my orientation session for my job I look back at the last 10 years and see what I have endured that has all cumulated to this one moment that will lead to many more moments..thanks guys and girls for this..love y'all..peace and recovery

Glad to hear good news!

Did you ever take the generic effexor? I have a feeling that the reason I have so many symptoms is that I am on the generic immediate release.

Started Effexor August 2012 Sept'12-150mg=extreme anxiety Oct'12 cut half-75mg severe wds

Feb 2013 68.5mg. Mar'13- 65mg. Apr'13-59mg. May'13-57mg. June '13-52mg Aug'13 49.75mg.

Sep'13-48.75. Nov'13-47mg Dec'13-45..5mg

May 2014 42mg. Jun'14 40mg (depressive mood started). Aug'14 -40mg/ started brintellix 2.5mg

Oct '14 -39 Nov'14 36.89 Dec'14 34.45

Jan 2015- 31 Feb'15 29mg. Mar'15 26.72. Apr'15 24.48. May'15 22.31mg. Jun'15 20.30mg

Aug'15-18.89. Oct'15 16.96. Nov/16- 16.10. Dec/15- 15mg

Jan 2016-14.22. May'16 11.45. Aug'16-9.60. Sep/16- 8.88mg. Oct/16- 8.39mg. Nov/16- 8.13. Dec/16- 7.89

Glad to hear good news!

Did you ever take the generic effexor? I have a feeling that the reason I have so many symptoms is that I am on the generic immediate release.

I am not sure it was the one with beads inside? Not the tablets. But if that's the cheaper one and it had beads then yes.

Okay so tonight I've had a wave of feeling hopeless. I know this new job has added to the stress but why is it I feel good for a short while and them bam I feel like poop. I am getting so tired of this up and down rollercoaster. I am 14 months out and my mind still has negative thoughts and reoccurring thoughts. I don't get it. Before I took effexor like I never felt this way :( I now feel this job is going to stress me out which I really hope is not the case as I am not super strong mentally yet. Maybe the fact that I will be helping others out will help. I just hope and pray that there will come a day where I feel good consistently :(

You will be fine. Once at work your mind will be busy with work. Practice self awareness and mindfulness. Before you know it it will be the end of the day. Take a few minutes during your break and meditate. I am rooting for you.

Started Effexor August 2012 Sept'12-150mg=extreme anxiety Oct'12 cut half-75mg severe wds

Feb 2013 68.5mg. Mar'13- 65mg. Apr'13-59mg. May'13-57mg. June '13-52mg Aug'13 49.75mg.

May 2014 42mg. Jun'14 40mg (depressive mood started). Aug'14 -40mg/ started brintellix 2.5mg

Jan 2015- 31 Feb'15 29mg. Mar'15 26.72. Apr'15 24.48. May'15 22.31mg. Jun'15 20.30mg

Jan 2016-14.22. May'16 11.45. Aug'16-9.60. Sep/16- 8.88mg. Oct/16- 8.39mg. Nov/16- 8.13. Dec/16- 7.89

You will be fine. Once at work your mind will be busy with work. Practice self awareness and mindfulness. Before you know it it will be the end of the day. Take a few minutes during your break and meditate. I am rooting for you.

thanks lexy :) your advice is very supportive and makes me feel comfortable. Is there anyway we could talk on a regular basis can you inbox me please.

• Moderator Emeritus

Okay so tonight I've had a wave of feeling hopeless. I know this new job has added to the stress but why is it I feel good for a short while and them bam I feel like poop.

Withdrawal destabilizes the nervous system and makes it more vulnerable to stress until it heals fully.  I read on this site somewhere an analogy about fixing the 4 legs of a table and it takes a while to get all the 4 legs of the table back in place with the glue fully dried and hardened.

Those feelings of hopelessness are just a wave of neuro-emotions, probably triggered by the increased stress of starting your new job.  Before long, your job will be routine and not cause an increase in stress and so the waves of symptoms will settle back down and your nervous system will continue to heal, getting stronger each day.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

Okay so tonight I've had a wave of feeling hopeless. I know this new job has added to the stress but why is it I feel good for a short while and them bam I feel like poop.

Withdrawal destabilizes the nervous system and makes it more vulnerable to stress until it heals fully.  I read on this site somewhere an analogy about fixing the 4 legs of a table and it takes a while to get all the 4 legs of the table back in place with the glue fully dried and hardened.

Those feelings of hopelessness are just a wave of neuro-emotions, probably triggered by the increased stress of starting your new job.  Before long, your job will be routine and not cause an increase in stress and so the waves of symptoms will settle back down and your nervous system will continue to heal, getting stronger each day.

You are so right Petu ! It has gone down a bit, i am on day two of on the job training. So far so good and I am helping people get better themselves :) I know it's gonna be a rollercoaster but it scares me when i can be feeling so good and then take a turn for the worse. How have you been lately. Do you have fb ? not sure i asked. I just like to have people to talk to instantly on messenger and post good sayings and stuff. Already have a few people on board, gonna make a group :) Inbox me if do. Take care.

Love the table analogy and it's so true.

Mr. A you have come a long way.  Just think about it.....I was reading thru your posts from 2012.  Fast taper from Effexor a tough drug to get off of.

You had to make a big decision to move back home and you did.  You were immersed in
WD and looking for work while living with your folks.  The old tapes cropped up and you managed.  We all have that stuff with our parents.  I love my mother but she drives me nuts at the same time.

In spite of the anxiety you went on job interviews, persevered and got a job.  You were able to keep moving forward.  That is quite the accomplishment.

Now you have more good waves than sour ones.

This is how I see what you have been thru and you have come out the other side.

Thank you for checking in on me.  This is the beauty of these support groups:)

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• 4 weeks later...

MR A, how's the withdrawals going?

On Venlafaxine XR 75mg > 20 years, because a general MD decided to try these new "calming pills" taken from his sample closet because my pulse was a little high since I get nervous going to the doctor.

June 2010 - Cold turkey

September 2010 - Sudden onset of EXTREME anxiety, constant terror and fear that got marginally better at night.  I had no idea what or why this was; had no idea it was the quitting of Effexor. 

December 2010 - reinstated 75mgs Effexor XR, felt no better months later

January 2011 - Began 5% taper every month

2012 - Anxiety began improving by had many windows and waves

January 2014 - Fell back into sudden onset of same anxiety, fear as in 2010; realized I was tapering too quickly.  I was not allowing withdrawal effects to dissipate before another taper.  Began 2% taper every 6 to 8 months

2016 - Fear, anxiety began to wane

2017, 18 & 19 - Constant Fear & anxiety stopped, just occasional minor bouts that lasted 3 days or so

December 2020 - Now at ~31mgs Effexor XR, 5mgs Crestor 

November 2022 - Added 6% minoxidil and 0.3% finasteride topical. Used for a year. Got systemic side effects. Quit 11/19/2023. Also intermittently used 10 to 20mgs propanolol for adrenaline surges/pvcs. Stopped them also on 11/19/2023.

MR A, how's the withdrawals going?

Hey john,

They have gotten a lot better over the past month. I almost feel like I am out of the clear and then a wave hits. The good days have definitely gotten a lot better and I have had less waves. The anxiety has died down is now at a point where I can socialize and deal with it. Its truly amazing how better withdrawal gets over time. If you read my first posts to where I am now it will astonish you and give you lots of hope. Its the drug that's your problem- not you! I am in my 16 month of withdrawal from effexor and its only going to get better.

• Moderator Emeritus

I almost feel like I am out of the clear and then a wave hits. 

Ugh!  This is unbearable when it happens, isn't it?

It's really nice to hear how much things have improved for you.  I felt that way two weeks ago, and then all hell broke loose again.  We're on a similar time frame with Effexor, so it's nice to be able to check in with you.

I hope this window lasts for a long time.  Stay with us!  

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

2 month taper down to zero

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

6 or so months back to regular dose of 150 - was able to restabilize fine.

3 month taper back to zero

1 HORRENDOUS week at zero

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

One week at 150 - unable to stabilize.

Back down to 75 mgs

At 75 mgs (half original dose) and suffering withdrawal symptoms since October 2012.

"It is a radical cure for all pessimism to become ill, to remain ill for a good while, and then grow well for a still longer period." - Nietzsche

Yes Mr A

I remember reading your thread and feeling if he can come out it so can I.

Keep checking in with us.

I almost feel like I am out of the clear and then a wave hits.

Ugh! This is unbearable when it happens, isn't it?

It's really nice to hear how much things have improved for you. I felt that way two weeks ago, and then all hell broke loose again. We're on a similar time frame with Effexor, so it's nice to be able to check in with you.

I hope this window lasts for a long time. Stay with us!

Thanks ! Weird I thought I had replied! We are on the same timeline. Have you felt yourself getting better and seeing different changes yet? I am roughly 15 months now off effexor, wow time flies. I can truly say that I have gotten a lot better and have lost 50lbs since I came off them, well over the past 15 months. I exercised so much I rid my sleep apnea and now can sleep somewhat peacefully. If one is overweight from the drug and have sleep insomnia get checked for sleep apnea its likely that over the drug. I couldn't do the sleep machine so I lost the weight and its fixed now. This has been quite the journey...do you have Facebook I'd love to chat with you on the regular! Inbox me ur details and I'll add you. Hope you are coming around after that wave. :)

Yes Mr A

I remember reading your thread and feeling if he can come out it so can I.

Keep checking in with us.

Lexy you are amazing and I am so glad you helped me out and I hope you are feeling better. I couldn't have done this without your support and love. Do you have fb ..inbox me your details I'd love to talk to you as well on the regular..one love!

Well I decided to go back to school once again and take the plunge. I am very nervous and doubting myself but I figure that's just the withdrawal and lack of confidence still. I applied to be a registered practical nurse. I am 31 yrs old, I figure its now or never. I really need someone I can talk to on a constant basis that has been through this. Please inbox me. Anyone ! I want to start up a fb group if anyone is interested joining..inbox me !

• Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations on making such a positive decision, I'm sure you will do well, you have come so far and are an inspiration for many of us. :)

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

wow Mr. A, that is great that you can do that.

I think there is a fb group already, check with Nikki, I think she is on it.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

• 2 weeks later...

Just went through a wave, rough ride but it has subsided and I am back at it. Trying to lose weight is the hardest thing in the world beside withdrawal.

Withdrawal does get better it really does. Its such a scary place when it starts but time is your only healer and looking after yourself.

I am happy where my life is heading. I have learned there is only one way to go when you hit the ground/basement..its up.

Look at withdrawal as fixing your life and changing your ways. I truly believe withdrawal happens to fix who you are. It breaks you so you can see another side of life that you haven't seen.

Trust in the journey. Read where I started and go over all the post. I have endured hell and beyond and I am back baby.

I just dropped another mg in my buspar. Usually get a wave with every drop but it levels out :)) can't wait to be drug free within the year !!!!

Never ever give up ever!!!!