☼ MrAnxious: 3 months off Effexor XR (6 years on)

MrAnxious

Glad to hear your good news!

I have read your thread and remembering thinking wow...I shouldn't complain , look at him.

Thanks for giving me renewed hope.

Started Effexor August 2012 Sept'12-150mg=extreme anxiety Oct'12 cut half-75mg severe wds

Feb 2013 68.5mg. Mar'13- 65mg. Apr'13-59mg. May'13-57mg. June '13-52mg Aug'13 49.75mg.

Sep'13-48.75. Nov'13-47mg Dec'13-45..5mg

May 2014 42mg. Jun'14 40mg (depressive mood started). Aug'14 -40mg/ started brintellix 2.5mg

Oct '14 -39 Nov'14 36.89 Dec'14 34.45

Jan 2015- 31 Feb'15 29mg. Mar'15 26.72. Apr'15 24.48. May'15 22.31mg. Jun'15 20.30mg

Aug'15-18.89. Oct'15 16.96. Nov/16- 16.10. Dec/15- 15mg

Jan 2016-14.22. May'16 11.45. Aug'16-9.60. Sep/16- 8.88mg. Oct/16- 8.39mg. Nov/16- 8.13. Dec/16- 7.89

Hello, we do not know each other MrAnxious, but if you´d like someone to chat from time to time on FB, I´ll be happy.

Put on trazadone for 8 weeks. Psychic akathisia started on 100 mg. Not a single doctor believed me telling me it is all anxiety in my head. Terrible suicidal urges. Got voluntary hospitalised. Acknoledged adverse reaction, put me off cold turkey. Instalated mirtazapine to block the reaction of trazadone. 5 weeks on mirtazapine.acathisia worsened, suicidal, homicidal urges. Nobody believed. Finally they stopped mirtazapine cold turkey. My heighest dose of trazadone was 200 mg, of mirtazapine 30 mg. Since the c/t, suicidal, acathisia continuing.

tried promethazine for sleep. Tried atarax. Currently taking klonopin for 10 days. Good for sleep, but my condition worsening. Unable to tell if it is klonopin or a bad wave.

In the former hospital i took twice gabapentin. It should be all my medication.

i was offered promethazin for sleep 25 mg and also small amount of quetiapine. Both are antipsychotics, even if ptomethszin very weak. Terribly afraid.

Hello, we do not know each other MrAnxious, but if you´d like someone to chat from time to time on FB, I´ll be happy.

For sure I msged you.

2007-2012started Effexor xr 225mg -150mg- Varied2months of Taper,(March 22/2012 Off Med/in W/D)Currently No medicationMarch 22/2012- August 16/2012 - Totally Off Effexor( Rough Rough time) Reinstatement for a week(didn't work)****** New Doctor******* Very nice/helpful and in touch.Tried Zoloft- No successAUGUST 17/2012- STARTED 37.5 EFFEXOR FOR ONE WEEK - NOT GOOD < STOPPED.Started Buspar Oct 11th 2012----10 mg for the first 7 days and then 15mg a day---- Taking a new route----Racing thoughts - Gone.Oct 9th ( Done Zoloft,wellbutrin week project trial to feel better) - OFFICIALLY OFF ANTI DEPRESSANT !Oct 26 - Raised Buspar to 20mg a day- Tolerating wellJan 2nd 2013-

Reduce Buspar until full off march 20th 2015 Off all medication !

Tried natural supplements to no avail

Gluten/sugar free since december 2013

Glad to hear your good news!

I have read your thread and remembering thinking wow...I shouldn't complain , look at him.

Thanks for giving me renewed hope.

NP, I am glad lexy :) you will get better , some take longer than others because there journey is different.

I have to say exercise lots and lots. I also take 6 high powered omega fish oil a day.

2007-2012started Effexor xr 225mg -150mg- Varied2months of Taper,(March 22/2012 Off Med/in W/D)Currently No medicationMarch 22/2012- August 16/2012 - Totally Off Effexor( Rough Rough time) Reinstatement for a week(didn't work)****** New Doctor******* Very nice/helpful and in touch.Tried Zoloft- No successAUGUST 17/2012- STARTED 37.5 EFFEXOR FOR ONE WEEK - NOT GOOD < STOPPED.Started Buspar Oct 11th 2012----10 mg for the first 7 days and then 15mg a day---- Taking a new route----Racing thoughts - Gone.Oct 9th ( Done Zoloft,wellbutrin week project trial to feel better) - OFFICIALLY OFF ANTI DEPRESSANT !Oct 26 - Raised Buspar to 20mg a day- Tolerating wellJan 2nd 2013-

For sure I msged you.

???

Put on trazadone for 8 weeks. Psychic akathisia started on 100 mg. Not a single doctor believed me telling me it is all anxiety in my head. Terrible suicidal urges. Got voluntary hospitalised. Acknoledged adverse reaction, put me off cold turkey. Instalated mirtazapine to block the reaction of trazadone. 5 weeks on mirtazapine.acathisia worsened, suicidal, homicidal urges. Nobody believed. Finally they stopped mirtazapine cold turkey. My heighest dose of trazadone was 200 mg, of mirtazapine 30 mg. Since the c/t, suicidal, acathisia continuing.

tried promethazine for sleep. Tried atarax. Currently taking klonopin for 10 days. Good for sleep, but my condition worsening. Unable to tell if it is klonopin or a bad wave.

i was offered promethazin for sleep 25 mg and also small amount of quetiapine. Both are antipsychotics, even if ptomethszin very weak. Terribly afraid.

Just went through a wave, rough ride but it has subsided and I am back at it. Trying to lose weight is the hardest thing in the world beside withdrawal.

Withdrawal does get better it really does. Its such a scary place when it starts but time is your only healer and looking after yourself.

I am happy where my life is heading. I have learned there is only one way to go when you hit the ground/basement..its up.

Look at withdrawal as fixing your life and changing your ways. I truly believe withdrawal happens to fix who you are. It breaks you so you can see another side of life that you haven't seen.

Trust in the journey. Read where I started and go over all the post. I have endured hell and beyond and I am back baby.

I just dropped another mg in my buspar. Usually get a wave with every drop but it levels out :)) can't wait to be drug free within the year !!!!

Never ever give up ever!!!!

Hey Mr. A......thank you.....very inspiring.

Drug free with four exclamation points.....it really seems so far off for myself and then I catch myself thinking I will just be a wreck after my recent drug mixing issues.

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

For sure I msged you.

???
I sent a msg to your inbox on this site.

Just went through a wave, rough ride but it has subsided and I am back at it. Trying to lose weight is the hardest thing in the world beside withdrawal.

Withdrawal does get better it really does. Its such a scary place when it starts but time is your only healer and looking after yourself.

I am happy where my life is heading. I have learned there is only one way to go when you hit the ground/basement..its up.

Look at withdrawal as fixing your life and changing your ways. I truly believe withdrawal happens to fix who you are. It breaks you so you can see another side of life that you haven't seen.

Trust in the journey. Read where I started and go over all the post. I have endured hell and beyond and I am back baby.

I just dropped another mg in my buspar. Usually get a wave with every drop but it levels out :)) can't wait to be drug free within the year !!!!

Never ever give up ever!!!!

Hey Mr. A......thank you.....very inspiring.

Drug free with four exclamation points.....it really seems so far off for myself and then I catch myself thinking I will just be a wreck after my recent drug mixing issues.

Hugs

Well I am not totally drug free but I feel a lot better :) what happened Nikki? Maybe you should look into buspar..its a light medication that seems to take off withdrawal effects..for me anyways

I am going through a wave right now. Feeling very frustrated and angry. Which in turn is causing me to eat and gain weight. I need somebody I can talk to eeveryday that has gone through this. I just feel alone in it. Windows feel great but waves come and make me feel crappy.

Im here Mr. Anxious

Im also going through some kind of pill depression after switching from immediate generic to brand Effexor XR.

Really dont know what to do...

But you can count on me.

Started Effexor August 2012 Sept'12-150mg=extreme anxiety Oct'12 cut half-75mg severe wds

Feb 2013 68.5mg. Mar'13- 65mg. Apr'13-59mg. May'13-57mg. June '13-52mg Aug'13 49.75mg.

May 2014 42mg. Jun'14 40mg (depressive mood started). Aug'14 -40mg/ started brintellix 2.5mg

Jan 2015- 31 Feb'15 29mg. Mar'15 26.72. Apr'15 24.48. May'15 22.31mg. Jun'15 20.30mg

Jan 2016-14.22. May'16 11.45. Aug'16-9.60. Sep/16- 8.88mg. Oct/16- 8.39mg. Nov/16- 8.13. Dec/16- 7.89

. I just feel alone in it. Windows feel great but waves come and make me feel crappy.

Hi Mr.A; you are not alone.

Yes, waves are VERY frustating, but they pass, and each time they get milder.

Hang on.

4 years aprox. on 150mgs.Effexor for situational major depression.No AD before.
Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months.

Tapered Quetiapine,Xanax in the last 18 months.NO med of any kind anymore.
First 3 months off acute w/d
Protracted w/d ever since.
Symptoms:Anxiety,anhedonia,insomnia,tinnitus,PSSD

04/13/2014 Awful Relapse.Recovered fairly fast.

3 years and 4 months off.

waves and windows.Very much recovered.

November 2015,health issue.Setback.

Mr. A. you can contact me anytime so we can talk.....you have been so kind to me.

It does create that feeling of being alone.  Everyone here experiences that.  We feel very separated from the rest of the people we see each day.

There are a couple of things you might try:  Coach yourself as if you were talking to me or someone else here.

You can do this verbally or use your opposite to ask the question on paper and use your writing hand to answer,

"What's bugging you?"  "How does it make you feel?"  Can you use your feelings as a barometer to let you tap into your thoughts?

There is the other tactic of giving yourself permission to accept this wave.  Tell yourself "I am sorry  you ar going thru ths, I feel for you."

"I know this will pass."    "I am not going to further beat myself up for eating."

All day when you can spend it in saying things like "thank you God for healing me."  This plants the seed in your head that you are being healed.......surrender.

Yesterday while in the therapist's office I told her I am mad at myself for getting myself into the drug mess I am in and she said:

You (none of us) is responsible for the reactions the drugs cause in our bodies.  We sought out taking medicine to help." You were trying to help yourselfWe didn't do this to cause ourselves harm.

If eating is your default and a result of Effexor please put away the 'bat' and stop beating yourself up.

Send me a PM or Message on FB any time.....Hugs and more HUgs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Moderator Emeritus

I just feel alone in it.

Me too, even when I'm right here, reading that others are feeling the exact same thing and also feeling alone..... I still feel alone.  Its not until I start to feel a little better, that the feeling of being alone starts to lift too.  I think this feeling of being alone is, in itself a feature of withdrawal and part of a wave.

Before antidepressants, my drug of choice, for the majority of my life has also been food.  Needless to say, for a good part of my life I've struggled with weight.  When withdrawal started, I could hardly eat anything and my NS was in a much worse state than it is now with even higher levels of anxiety/panic.  I lost a lot of weight.  For the first time in my life I was losing weight without trying, but it got scary because I couldn't stop it.

Now I've put that weight back on, and I'm eating in a healthy way and regularly, but because I'm not able to exercise much or even do much of anything, I've started to gain weight again.  But I'm not letting it worry me because part of my recovery process is that I'm learning how NOT to medicate my emotions with anything.  When I take the time to think about it, I'm actually quite proud of myself, I have no addictions, I medicate my emotions with nothing, maybe some ginger tea :)

You say that this current wave has brought anger and frustration and you are .... how did you put it?  Its causing you to eat and gain weight.  Perhaps there is an opportunity for you here, I see this as a gift you are being given which could last you for the rest of your life.  You have done so well with dealing with anxiety, anger/frustration is just another layer of emotion which we can learn to tolerate.  I've used meditation and journalling to help process mine. We have a lot to be angry about, but actually getting in touch with the physical sensations of anger and allowing ourselves to feel and release them can be very empowering.  For me, the feeling of anger has been frightening, because it was so not allowed in my family.  Well, not for me and my sister anyway.

You have a choice about what you do when anger comes up.  It might be trying to tell you something, it might be old childhood issues, trying to be healed and get released.  I don't know what it is, it might just be a bunch of neuro-emotions, but regardless, you still have a choice about how you deal with it, and eating is just one choice.  If the anger feels like a build up of physical stress, you could do some exercise rather than visit the refrigerator.

If anything good can come out of this horrendous withdrawal experience, it would have to be that we learn healthier ways to deal with our difficult emotions... and no one can say that we lack practice material.

(hugs)

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• 3 weeks later...

Well I just reduced again today my buspar. Jeez I always feel poppy for the first day and about 4 days after. I take it, that is the stabilizing part. I am angry, frustrated and my head is dizzy kind of. Feels like withdrawal. Funny how we can tell what its like after awhile. I am 17 months since off effexor and still feeling the effects but have gotten a lot better and handling a job now and have lost 45lbs and have a gf :). I find my only problem left is socializing and a bit of social anxiety. Re leaening different situations and how to deal with emotions. I don't feel happy but I don't feel sad. I can laugh and I can cry. I could use a friend for sure or two or three. This withdrawal has really tested me. I have to say I am out of the hell. Now climbing a hill to somewhere, hopefully great. I am almost down to 10mg of buspar which is really good. Take care for now my friends and I hope you haven't forgot about me.

Mr Anxious

I feel you.   

Per your signature you were on Effexor for 5 years…how log did you taper?

I was first given Buspar although I couldn't  take the being on the couch all day.  Little did I know the hell I would go through with Effexor.

I was only on Effexor 150mg for 8 weeks and I am totally exhausted going through tapering since Oct 2012.

I cant see the end of it.  

Made a switch from immediate release to XR because of nonstop vertigo and headaches.  However now I am having mood swings, I was advised to take the XR in two doses am and pm.

I also kept 12.5 in immediate release.  Mood swings are somewhat less intense and coming about every other day.

Not sure if I made the right move by switching.  

• Moderator Emeritus

I am 17 months since off effexor and still feeling the effects but have gotten a lot better and handling a job now and have lost 45lbs and have a gf

This is terrific!  Go Mr. A!

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

2 month taper down to zero

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

6 or so months back to regular dose of 150 - was able to restabilize fine.

3 month taper back to zero

1 HORRENDOUS week at zero

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

One week at 150 - unable to stabilize.

Back down to 75 mgs

At 75 mgs (half original dose) and suffering withdrawal symptoms since October 2012.

"It is a radical cure for all pessimism to become ill, to remain ill for a good while, and then grow well for a still longer period." - Nietzsche

Mr Anxious

I feel you.

Per your signature you were on Effexor for 5 years…how log did you taper?

I was first given Buspar although I couldn't take the being on the couch all day. Little did I know the hell I would go through with Effexor.

I was only on Effexor 150mg for 8 weeks and I am totally exhausted going through tapering since Oct 2012.

I cant see the end of it.

Made a switch from immediate release to XR because of nonstop vertigo and headaches. However now I am having mood swings, I was advised to take the XR in two doses am and pm.

I also kept 12.5 in immediate release. Mood swings are somewhat less intense and coming about every other day.

Not sure if I made the right move by switching.

Hey lexy :) I tapered off effexor in like a month. It was terribly short. It really makes you wonder what withdrawal does to our brains. Buspar has been a god sent to remove some of effexors withdrawals but when I reduce I still feel it. I have about 8 months to go and then I am med free. Mood swings are terrible and I have a lot still its waves. You will get better just stay on course and exercise lots. You will get through this, recognize others journeys take longer so you can learn about life in a different way. I am so tired of the waves. Just know that every time you reduce you are probably gonna have a wave for a week or two or three until you stabilize again. If you taper every 4 weeks I would suggest every 6 weeks. You can always msg me :) we got this! If you can exercise do it, was my greatest tool.

I am 17 months since off effexor and still feeling the effects but have gotten a lot better and handling a job now and have lost 45lbs and have a gf

This is terrific! Go Mr. A!

Thank you! How are you doing???

Mr. Anxious do you think reducing the buspar re-triggers effects from effexor?  You did well with the Buspar, so maybe take your time to get off of it.  Wait a few months maybe to drop it again?

You have done alot...job, weight loss, gf and from what I see on FB you do get out and socialize.  It may feel uncomfortable, but yo do it.

Hugs.

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Mr. Anxious do you think reducing the buspar re-triggers effects from effexor? You did well with the Buspar, so maybe take your time to get off of it. Wait a few months maybe to drop it again?

You have done alot...job, weight loss, gf and from what I see on FB you do get out and socialize. It may feel uncomfortable, but yo do it.

Hugs.

Yes it definitely re triggers it. I am fine now after 3 days. Its always going to happen I believe so I just need support rolling through it. I find socializing is a struggle making friends? I have a gf and we go out together but that's about it. Where do I find some good people?

It is good that you figured out that when you make a drop you'll get hit with WD, but after 3 days you are okay.

Just by going out with your gf will bring new people into your life.  Whatever it is, movies, dinner, parks, museums, etc.

You are sociable and have been a good friend to me.... ^_^

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

It is good that you figured out that when you make a drop you'll get hit with WD, but after 3 days you are okay

Just by going out with your gf will bring new people into your life. Whatever it is, movies, dinner, parks, museums, etc.

You are sociable and have been a good friend to me.... ^_^

Thanks Nikki, you have been a great support as well. I am feeling a lot better already and its day 4. Its funny how it takes 3-4 days to stabilize after I've been off for 17 months. I am excited for the future because once I get off this medication I bbelieve there is still a lot of healing to be done still when I become med free. Counting the days but taking in the journey at the same time.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm actually doing pretty well at the moment, Mr. A, thanks for asking.

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

2 month taper down to zero

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

6 or so months back to regular dose of 150 - was able to restabilize fine.

3 month taper back to zero

1 HORRENDOUS week at zero

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

One week at 150 - unable to stabilize.

Back down to 75 mgs

At 75 mgs (half original dose) and suffering withdrawal symptoms since October 2012.

"It is a radical cure for all pessimism to become ill, to remain ill for a good while, and then grow well for a still longer period." - Nietzsche

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually doing pretty well at the moment, Mr. A, thanks for asking.

That's great to hear. So you are progressing well. Its really crazy how withdrawal works. Its sad to think of the many people that think they need medication when its actually withdrawal.

Its sad to think of the many people that think they need medication when its actually withdrawal. 

Yea, that is sad....I wonder that about a friend of mine....

On Effexor since February 2003; Mar/2012 - dropped from 150mg to 131mg; Apr/2012 - 112.5mg; Jul.2/2012 - 94mg;
Oct.21/2012 - 75mg - first started noticing withdrawal symptoms; Nov.16/2012 - 56mg; Dec.11/2012- 37.5mg; Jan.5/2013 - 19mg; Jan.22/2013 - 22.5mg (withdrawal too strong); Jan.23/2013 - 37.5mg (MUCH worse; very sick)
Jan.24/2013 - 30mg; May 26/2013 - 27mg (started 10% method - too much)

Dec.25/2013 - 27.3mg (no relief after 7 month hold; slow updose)

Mar.6/2014 - 37.5mg (3.5 year hold, no improvement);

Nov.2/2017 - 2.5% drop/36.6mg; Nov.30/2017 - 4% drop/35.1mg; Dec.28/2017 - 6% drop/33mg; Jan.25,/2018 - 8% drop/30.4mg; Feb.22/2018 - Held at 30.4mg; Mar. 22/2018 - 10% drop/27.4mg; Apr.19/2018 - 10% drop/24.7mg; May 17/2018 - 5%/23.5mg; Nov.21/2018 - 1.7% drop/23.1mg; Dec.19/2018 - 1.7%/22.7mg; Jan.23/2019 - 2.6%/22.1mg; Feb.27/2019 - 3.6% drop/21.3mg..holding...considering slow updose back to full dose

So I got through another way I am down to about 1 tablet of bbuspar left. I don't believe true recovery will start until I am free of all medication. Its been a long road and I am almost free. On my two year effexor date this upcoming November 2014 I should be Free. Its hard to believe I am 18 months right now, anyways I am rambling. I don't think many people read this anymore. I wish their was another way I could reach out to people going through this.

Mr. A,

I read every new post every day and I am glad you gave us an update. And I know that you have been recovering the whole time. It just seems so slow sometimes....

Good to hear from you!

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

. I don't think many people read this anymore. I wish their was another way I could reach out to people going through this.

I read your posts every time Mr. A.

And I think you are doing great.

I am struggling with Effexor wd also.

. I don't think many people read this anymore. I wish their was another way I could reach out to people going through this.

I read your posts every time Mr. A.

And I think you are doing great.

I am struggling with Effexor wd also.

Hey Alex. How long have you been in WD now? Have you noticed small changes at least?

• Moderator Emeritus

I don't believe true recovery will start until I am free of all medication. ......

......I don't think many people read this anymore. I wish their was another way I could reach out to people going through this.

I think 'true' recovery starts from the moment someone makes their first dose reduction... and I believe that being free of all medication is just one step in the recovery process.  Healing and improving health and well being can last a lifetime.  Having a goal of wanting to be medication free is great, but please don't disregard all the hard work you have done up until now, its obvious to us how much recovery you have under your belt, you should be proud of yourself.

I'm like the others, and read all new posts.  Perhaps not many people reply, but if you watch the view count, you can see how many read and are helped in various ways by what you write.

You could reach out and help others by visiting other intro threads, new members sign up every day and really need the support and encouragement from people with more experience of what this withdrawal and recovery journey is like.

But anyway, thank you for the update Mr. A and I'm happy to hear you are still doing ok, riding the waves and enjoying the views from the windows :)

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Hey Alex. How long have you been in WD now? Have you noticed small changes at least?

I have been in hell for 21 months now.

I have seen very clear windows but I am in the middle of a very bad wave.

My sleep is very bad also.Very scared I wont make it.

You are reaching to me Mr A.

I love reading your posts as I am trying to get off effexor and knowing you are in your way gives me so much hope.

Well I would really love to talk to you guys on a daily basis. If you have fb I am on it everyday and can constantly chat and help you and gain support from you etc. Email my inbox with ur details.

Thanks for the replys :)

Alex you have gotten through the worst and I am here for you. Know that you are not alone. I would love to txt with you or Facebook. Email ur details. You got this.

I have been in hell for 21 months now.

I have seen very clear windows but I am in the middle of a very bad wave.

My sleep is very bad also.Very scared I wont make it.

I read your posts, Mr. Anxious. I learn frome them.