peaceandlove: adverse reaction after one pill

peaceandlove

I took it when the reflux was at its worst; for months on end I took it every night before bed. It’s important to protect the esophagus from acid damage. I wouldn’t worry too much about it causing constipation, I find vitamin C 1000-2000mg resolves those problems.

Active Monday-Friday UK time

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

50mg - Oct 2020, 100mg - Dec 2020, 50mg - April 2021, 75mg - May 2021, 50mg - Sep 2021; Start tapering - 24 April 2024

Current dose:  (May 2024)

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

Cod liver oil, Magnesium, Vitamin C

1 hour ago, Erimus said:

I took it when the reflux was at its worst; for months on end I took it every night before bed. It’s important to protect the esophagus from acid damage. I wouldn’t worry too much about it causing constipation, I find vitamin C 1000-2000mg resolves those problems.

Ohh ok. I was told to take miralax for the constipation by my doctor which I have been doing. I just don’t know if you are able to take Gaviscon and Miralax together?? According to google it says there’s no reaction @Erimus

April 2022- Only 1 celxa pill 10mg

had an adverse reaction & never took anymore again 

Should be listed in the patient info leaflet what you can’t take with either medication. Is the constipation constant or do you find it comes in waves?

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

50mg - Oct 2020, 100mg - Dec 2020, 50mg - April 2021, 75mg - May 2021, 50mg - Sep 2021; Start tapering - 24 April 2024

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

1 hour ago, Erimus said:

Should be listed in the patient info leaflet what you can’t take with either medication. Is the constipation constant or do you find it comes in waves?

Yeah doesn’t say anything about myrlax. I had a wave of constipation like back in august it was very short but now it has come back in December & has lasted ever since. @Erimus

I don’t even like talking to people anymore especially doctors whenever I tell them my symptoms they look at me like I’m crazy. Even a natural doctor or naropath w/e you call them told me things like this can be fixed with “vitamins & herbs” & that it wouldn’t take years to recover from & never heard of what of what happened to me. 

it’s hard to even be around my friends/family 

Try the vitamin C for the constipation. Take it after a meal and build up until constipation eases somewhat.

It’s hard but just ignore what doctors and family/friends have to say about it. They aren’t the ones suffering each day. Most people will never understand, but it doesn’t mean they can’t be empathetic.

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

Welp now all of a sudden I have a UTI infection. mind you I only ever had one once in my life before back in 2012 when I was a teenager. Now to take some antibiotics which will set back recovery even more right? lol I can’t believe this. 

uti & urine problems as a symptom listed on this site: https://mccare.org/symptoms-a-to-z-list/

pretty sure this happened from all my bladder problems, my bladder not fully emptying 😣

Would it be safe to take “d-mannose”during withdrawal to avoid UTIs in the future, ladies ?

• 1 month later...

9th month Update: That “uti” ^ wasn’t a uti at all. I never had a uti it’s just always frequent urinating/bladder pain for no reason. My h.pylori test came  back negative. 

still having GI issues & acid reflex. I scheduled an endoscopy but scared of a reaction to the anesthesia. Has anyone here had an endoscopy while going through withdrawal?? 

I've had an endoscopy, although it was pre-psychiatric drugs. I think you can have them without sedation, but you'll probably need local anaesthetic for your throat. There's also the likelihood that they won't find anything "organically" wrong.

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

8 hours ago, peaceandlove said:

9th month Update: That “uti” ^ wasn’t a uti at all. I never had a uti it’s just always frequent urinating/bladder pain for no reason. My h.pylori test came  back negative. 

still having GI issues & acid reflex. I scheduled an endoscopy but scared of a reaction to the anesthesia. Has anyone here had an endoscopy while going through withdrawal?? 

I had a colonoscopy yesterday with Propofol and so far so good no weird reactions 

Lamictal July 6,2022 -September 2, 2022 started at 25mg and increased 25 mg every two weeks
Buspirone august 29, 2022- September 14 2022

0.5mg Ativan October 22- 2022, November 5, 8, 10, 12-2022, January 12. Feb 4,6,25,27-2023, March 1, 21, 24, 26,27, 28, 29 -202

2 hours ago, Erimus said:

I've had an endoscopy, although it was pre-psychiatric drugs. I think you can have them without sedation, but you'll probably need local anaesthetic for your throat. There's also the likelihood that they won't find anything "organically" wrong.

Yeah I had an endoscopy back in 2021 too & everything came back perfectly fine no signs of reflex & was such an easy procedure. This place unfortunately doesn’t let you do them without sedation they don’t wanna deal with people freaking out basically lol. But thank you!

2 hours ago, Atnyxoxo said:

I had a colonoscopy yesterday with Propofol and so far so good no weird reactions 

@Atnyxoxo thank you for the response & that’s great I hope you continue to feel good 🙂 I may re ask you in a few weeks lol

2 minutes ago, peaceandlove said:

@Atnyxoxo thank you for the response & that’s great I hope you continue to feel good 🙂 I may re ask you in a few weeks lol

Right haha I hope nothing funky happens but they said Propofol is out of your system so fast that if anything weird was going to happen it would’ve by now so we shall see 

Lamictal July 6,2022 -September 2, 2022 started at 25mg and increased 25 mg every two weeks
Buspirone august 29, 2022- September 14 2022

0.5mg Ativan October 22- 2022, November 5, 8, 10, 12-2022, January 12. Feb 4,6,25,27-2023, March 1, 21, 24, 26,27, 28, 29 -202

• 2 weeks later...

Documenting for myself: I used to be sensitive to light… that went away but now my vision is kinda of blurry? Especially when looking at my computer screen. Like a dizziness in the head feeling idk how to describe it but yeah lol. As if I need glasses or something but I know I probably don’t. 

my frequent urinating has gotten better recently. Let’s hope it stays like that 

Hello peaceandlove. It sounds like it's improving for you. I get that blurry vision sometimes too. It will go away like the other symptoms. I also find symptoms change for me. Think of it as the body healing one thing and then moves on to the next thing to heal. Keep going, it gets better. Be well. Marie.

10/13--10/14 Ambien. Started tapering 1/14  Jumped 10/14.  Done.                                                                              

3/14        7.5 Remeron  still taking this.                              

2/14         75 Trazodone   -    Tapered by dry cutting all the way down.

1/16        4 mg Trazodone  -  Jumped. Bad mistake. Got hit with late withdrawal 6 weeks later. Reinstated.

4/16        Reinstated 1 mg, updose to 2 mg Trazodone

2/19        .04 Trazodone. Walked off.  Done.

10/3/19  Started 7.5 Mirtazapine taper cut to .073 gram weight, pill weighs .076

4/5/20    New Mirtazapine Taper - Compound Liquid 7.35 mg April '20, 7.25 mg May, 7.05 mg June, 6.99 mg June, 6.78 mg July, 6.57 mg Aug, Sept 6.35 mg, Sept 6.24 mg, Sept 6.21 mg, Oct 5.99 mg, Oct 5.90 mg, Oct 5.70 mg.

1/11/21 6.05 mg Messed up taper due to syringe change. Must remember the 1 ml syringe contains 1.5mg! 1/16/21 5.99 mg

2/21 5.75 mg, 3/21 5.6 mg, 4/7 5.45, 4/14 5.30, 5/12 5.15, 5/25/21 4.99 mg, 6/29 4.87 mg, 7/14/21 4.74 mg, 8/5 4.62 mg 8/17 4.5 mg, 8/30 4.38 mg,9/16 4.26 mg,10/9 4.14 mg, 10/23 4.05 mg, 11/6 3.96 mg,11/17 3.87mg.***Jan 22 Liquid was changed/couldn't tolerate***Changed back to pills. Feb 22/3.9 mg, 2/17/22 3.8 mg, 3/23 3.7 mg, 4/7 3.6 mg, 5/10 3.5mg,6/10/22 3.4 mg, 7/4 3.3 mg, 7/25 3.2 mg, 8/20/22 3.1 mg, 9/15 3 mg, 10/8/22 2.9 mg., 12/15 2.8 mg, 1/6/23 2.7 mg, 2/16/23 2.6 mg, 3/9 2.5 mg, 4/4 2.4 mg, 4/29/23 2.3 mg, 5/26 2.2 mg, 6/22/23 2.1 mg, 10/14 2 mg, 11/12 1.9 mg, 11/28 1.8 mg , 12/14/23 1.7, 12/31/23 1.6 mg, 1/20 1.5 mg, 2/6/24 1.4 mg, 2/12 updose 1.5 mg, 3/27/24 1.4 mg. Taking multi-vitamin, vit. D, cholestoff, psyllium husk, and fish oil.

Feeling so bad. Blurry vision. Chest pain. Back pain. Increased reflex. Heart palpitations. Nausea. Even went to the hospital got an ultra sound & ct scan of my stomach… everything normal no gallstones, no gastritis on the scan according to them. It’s so embarrassing when I tell my parents everything comes back normal. Omg 😩 I did go to a birthday party with loud music over the weekend is this my payback?? 

On 2/21/2023 at 5:38 PM, marie123 said:

Hello peaceandlove. It sounds like it's improving for you. I get that blurry vision sometimes too. It will go away like the other symptoms. I also find symptoms change for me. Think of it as the body healing one thing and then moves on to the next thing to heal. Keep going, it gets better. Be well. Marie.

Hey Marie! Yes I hope it goes away soon. Thank you so much for your comment & motivation 💕 @marie123

Keep going @peaceandlove. There is often no explanation for an increase in symptom intensity seemingly out of the blue. It’s just the nervous system readjusting and starting the next phase of healing.

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

45 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Keep going @peaceandlove. There is often no explanation for an increase in symptom intensity seemingly out of the blue. It’s just the nervous system readjusting and starting the next phase of healing.

Thank you. You’re so helpful. I will continue to push ❤️

Today makes 10 months of me having gastroparesis symptoms and weird mental symptoms like intrusive thoughts, ocd, etc that I never in life had before just from taking ONE pill

Hello peaceandlove,

I’m sorry you have been suffering so long. Have you looked into a condition called mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS)? Many of your symptoms seem similar to this. Mast cells are throughout your body and normally aid in your immune system function. They can release many chemical agents, one being histamine. The condition is treated with antihistamines, mast cell stabilizers and possibly a change in diet. It’s probably unlikely you have this, but just thought it was worth a mention. I pray for your healing.

16 hours ago, Boo77 said:

Hello peaceandlove,

I’m sorry you have been suffering so long. Have you looked into a condition called mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS)? Many of your symptoms seem similar to this. Mast cells are throughout your body and normally aid in your immune system function. They can release many chemical agents, one being histamine. The condition is treated with antihistamines, mast cell stabilizers and possibly a change in diet. It’s probably unlikely you have this, but just thought it was worth a mention. I pray for your healing.

Thank you for praying. I’m pretty sure stress / cheating on how I’m supposed to eat made this worse. @FeralCatman mentions that you have to eat an easy to digest diet or else symptoms will rap up causing gastroparesis. Which makes sense because sometimes when I eat I notice the frequent urination starts / intrusive thoughts. So eating causes anxiety. I only get the frequent urinating when anxious or after eating. And me eating whatever while having pain attacks shuts my digestion system down it seems. For example this last week I went to a party & was eating bbq food then next day McDonald’s. I always diet then once I feel better go back to eating whatever I want and having panic attacks lately from reading too much. As you see I was earlier I went to the hospital which was a panic attack. 

On 1/9/2023 at 10:07 AM, Erimus said:

I tried the gaviscon & for sure felt the difference but how long can I take it? 

so you took the gaviscon everyday for months straight? Is that safe to do? I think the bottle says only a week @Erimus 

Hi @peaceandlove. I'm not sure what the recommended duration of treatment is. In my eyes the potential risks of longer-term use was far outweighed by the negatives of acid damaging my esophagus lining. I think it's a reasonable decision to make if you consider the likely chance that the acid reflux won't last forever. Thankfully I didn't rely on it for too long, and I haven't touched it now for probably around 9 months. I've lost track of the last time and threw away the bottle long ago, which tells you things are so much better. Trust me when I say you will improve from this.

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

On 2/27/2023 at 1:24 PM, Erimus said:

Hi @peaceandlove. I'm not sure what the recommended duration of treatment is. In my eyes the potential risks of longer-term use was far outweighed by the negatives of acid damaging my esophagus lining. I think it's a reasonable decision to make if you consider the likely chance that the acid reflux won't last forever. Thankfully I didn't rely on it for too long, and I haven't touched it now for probably around 9 months. I've lost track of the last time and threw away the bottle long ago, which tells you things are so much better. Trust me when I say you will improve from this.

ok cool thanks. Random but do you think you got sibo at all from the slower motility you had ?

im scared to get sibo as many ppl on here the slow motility from withdrawal caused them to have it. It seems so hard to get rid of@Erimus

I’ve not done much research on SIBO but think it’s unlikely I have it. High dose vitamin c did wonders for gut motility in my case. Don’t stress about conditions you haven’t developed.

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

On 3/1/2023 at 1:41 AM, Erimus said:

I’ve not done much research on SIBO but think it’s unlikely I have it. High dose vitamin c did wonders for gut motility in my case. Don’t stress about conditions you haven’t developed.

what kind of meal replacement drink did you use? @Erimus

i have boost very high calorie 

When I couldn't get food into me I drank the Huel meal-replacement shakes. Thankfully I never had to use them for more than a few days at a time. I've always got one or two on hand in case I need them.

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

On 2/26/2023 at 8:21 PM, Boo77 said:

Hello peaceandlove,

how would I test for MCAS ? @Boo77 & how do I change my diet to stop it

Do you guys think meditation really speeds up the process or vagus nerve stimulation exercises?

So far since my reaction I’ve been to 3 graduations all in very loud stadiums, I’ve been in a wedding with loud music, my birthday loud music, Halloween party, thanksgiving loud music, Christmas loud music, a party like 2 weeks ago loud music 😩

My friends having a birthday next week with loud music. In a few months my families throwing a huge party & I’ll have more graduations to go to in May lmao like Omg I know all of this is effecting my nervous system. Do I just stay home and not do anything but at the same time that’ll just make me depressed. Then explaining “hey sorry I can’t come my nervous system can’t handle that because of a pill I took 10 months ago” as if ppl even understand what that means lol

• Mentor

Have you tried wearing earplugs? There are some that look kinda cute, I think they're called Loops. Also, it's cool to go for a little while and take breaks outside, or do a french exit and bounce when you feel overwhelmed. 

Have you ever had covid? Sensitivity to sound, anxiety, and stomach issues are very common in folks with long covid. Just a quick scan of your posts pings a lot of covid keywords. Some people were asymptomatic or thought it was allergies/a cold with mild symptoms, and don't realize the health problems they have are long covid related.

30 minutes ago, peaceandlove said:

Do I just stay home and not do anything but at the same time that’ll just make me depressed.

It's all about balance, right? Being social without overtaxing yourself. Is there a way to pick and choose? Maybe skip the graduation ceremony occasionally and hit the after party instead?

Pronouns: they/them/theirs 

Started on Prozac in early 2000s to treat cPTSD, been on various cocktails ever since.

2002-2004, 2017-2022: Buspar, tapered down to 0

2016-present: 100mg Seroquel for sleep -> May 2023: 90mg -> June 2023: 81mg -> September 2023: 72mg -> switched to brand name, much too strong, down to 60mg -> October 2023: 54mg -> November 2023: 50mg -> January 2024: 45mg -> April 2024: 40.5mg

2016-Present: 100mg Wellbutrin SR -> January 2023: 75mg IR (37.5mg 2x a day) -> February 2023 (33.75mg 2x a day) -> July 2023 (30.37mg 2x a day) -> August 2023: 27.33mg 2x a day 

2018-present: 25mg Pristiq

2015-present: 600mg Gabapentin (200mg 3x a day) -> December 2022: 300mg Gabapentin (100mg 3x a day) per GP's recommendation after side effects -> March 2023: 90mg 3x a day (switched to liquid suspension) -> April 2023: 81mg 3x a day -> September 2023: bad generic, switched back to homemade liquid; too strong after bad generic, down to 70mg 3x a day, still bad. Adjusted slowly till at 60mg 3x a day, much better. Long hold till -> December 2023: 54mg, still feels too high after November Seroquel switch from brand name to generic, doc recommended 50mg which feels better -> January 2024: When Wellbutrin went down, Gabapentin started putting me to sleep, went down to 45mg, then 41mg to stay awake, so far so good -> February 2024: 36mg, still too high, 34mg -> March 2024: 31mg, STILL too high, 30mg

Supplements: Multivitamin w/magnesium, probiotics, digestive enzymes, anti-viral nitric oxide nose spray as needed

9 minutes ago, littlebird said:

Have you tried wearing earplugs? There are some that look kinda cute, I think they're called Loops. Also, it's cool to go for a little while and take breaks outside, or do a french exit and bounce when you feel overwhelmed. 

Have you ever had covid? Sensitivity to sound, anxiety, and stomach issues are very common in folks with long covid. Just a quick scan of your posts pings a lot of covid keywords. Some people were asymptomatic or thought it was allergies/a cold with mild symptoms, and don't realize the health problems they have are long covid related.

It's all about balance, right? Being social without overtaxing yourself. Is there a way to pick and choose? Maybe skip the graduation ceremony occasionally and hit the after party instead?

Yes, I did have covid but that was almost 3 years ago but ya who knows what symptoms I have that are left over from that.  but Im saying I shouldn’t party anymore because we were all told to “sedate our nervous system” on here in order to recover. And social interaction & extremely loud music sure isn’t sedating it lol. But yes I’m definitely wearing ear plugs / my house canceling headphones to the graduation good idea 🙂 👍🏼

Thank you for the response & advice @littlebird

• Mentor
Just now, peaceandlove said:

yes I’m definitely wearing ear plugs / my house canceling headphones to the graduation good idea

Oh yeah, it helps a lot (and preserves your hearing for the future). Also, love a break to allow the nervous system to resettle. When I quit smoking, I'm gonna have to find a new reason to step outside for breaks. I guess there's nothing wrong with the old, "I'm gonna get some air, back in a minute."

Pronouns: they/them/theirs 

Started on Prozac in early 2000s to treat cPTSD, been on various cocktails ever since.

2002-2004, 2017-2022: Buspar, tapered down to 0

2016-present: 100mg Seroquel for sleep -> May 2023: 90mg -> June 2023: 81mg -> September 2023: 72mg -> switched to brand name, much too strong, down to 60mg -> October 2023: 54mg -> November 2023: 50mg -> January 2024: 45mg -> April 2024: 40.5mg

2016-Present: 100mg Wellbutrin SR -> January 2023: 75mg IR (37.5mg 2x a day) -> February 2023 (33.75mg 2x a day) -> July 2023 (30.37mg 2x a day) -> August 2023: 27.33mg 2x a day 

2018-present: 25mg Pristiq

2015-present: 600mg Gabapentin (200mg 3x a day) -> December 2022: 300mg Gabapentin (100mg 3x a day) per GP's recommendation after side effects -> March 2023: 90mg 3x a day (switched to liquid suspension) -> April 2023: 81mg 3x a day -> September 2023: bad generic, switched back to homemade liquid; too strong after bad generic, down to 70mg 3x a day, still bad. Adjusted slowly till at 60mg 3x a day, much better. Long hold till -> December 2023: 54mg, still feels too high after November Seroquel switch from brand name to generic, doc recommended 50mg which feels better -> January 2024: When Wellbutrin went down, Gabapentin started putting me to sleep, went down to 45mg, then 41mg to stay awake, so far so good -> February 2024: 36mg, still too high, 34mg -> March 2024: 31mg, STILL too high, 30mg

Supplements: Multivitamin w/magnesium, probiotics, digestive enzymes, anti-viral nitric oxide nose spray as needed

2 hours ago, littlebird said:

Oh yeah, it helps a lot (and preserves your hearing for the future). Also, love a break to allow the nervous system to resettle. When I quit smoking, I'm gonna have to find a new reason to step outside for breaks. I guess there's nothing wrong with the old, "I'm gonna get some air, back in a minute."

Yes you definitely should go Outside just for fresh air. I go outside everyday in my backyard, I just stare at the sky and plants around me, just observing nature & it is relaxing. @littlebird