peaceandlove: adverse reaction after one pill

peaceandlove

Nothing more I want in this world than these stomach issues to go away so I can get my body back, bulk up, & hit the gym like I used to 🙌🏽

April 2022- Only 1 celxa pill 10mg

had an adverse reaction & never took anymore again 

I did my endoscopy today & it came back 100% normal which I am thankful for. No gastritis, no damage to the esophagus, no ulcers etc. last week I felt like complete trash, super tired, low mood, no appetite, constipation etc then my period came & all those symptoms went away & I felt more like myself & able to eat again (just with the lpr symptoms remaining as always) The hormones of my period definitely increases these withdrawal symptoms. I 100% believe LPR is a stress/anxiety induced illness & unfortunately nothing can stop it but your nervous system calming down. Before this pill, I had lpr & it mainly happened during stressful situations, like at work. I was tired of it so that’s why I took this anxiety pill which unfortunately caused the adverse reaction & caused me more symptoms that I’ve never had before. I think @Erimus is right I’m just going to have to wait for my body to calm down I guess… but gosh the process is so long. 

I also am currently doing a 24hr ph study which is extremely uncomfortable. Which will show if I am having silent reflex, etc. So we will see what happens 

• 4 weeks later...

@peaceandlove how are you doing? Like you, I also had ONE pill before developing withdrawal symptoms. It's been 10 weeks and there's been little improvements. I hope you are doing better these days.

Jan 29, 2023 - Took my one and only dose of Mirtazapine (15 mg). Developed an immediate adverse reaction with list of withdrawal-like symptoms.

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2023 at 8:01 PM, Chompoo said:

@peaceandlove how are you doing? Like you, I also had ONE pill before developing withdrawal symptoms. It's been 10 weeks and there's been little improvements. I hope you are doing better these days.

Hey I’m sorry to hear. I was doing pretty good but unfortunately now I am in a big wave. 

Hey guys I was doing pretty good. I wasn’t even coming on here anymore I was living life. But unfortunately I am in a big wave right now I think due to a number of things that happened in May. I was in very close contact with the smell of weed & it caused anxiety symptom just by smelling it (sensitive to smells) the next day unfortunately I did have to take a plan b pill, I went to a birthday party with very loud music, I went swimming & also had a few times of stress.

now I am in a big wave, a lot old symptoms came back & I’m back to just laying in bed trying to take it easy. However the timing is terrible, I’m going on vacation in 4 days & im terrified of being on the plane. I’m not personally afraid of planes at all but I am scared the airport/plane will be way too much stimulation for my nervous system 😣 I wish I could postpone the trip but of course life doesn’t work like that.

I’m so scared to freak out on the plane. Does anyone have any experience about  going on planes ? Or tips 

• Moderator Emeritus

I’m so sorry to hear you’re back in a wave again @peaceandlove, it really is amazing how one pill about a year ago can still affect you today. These pills are so extremely potent, I don’t think the medical profession realises how potent they are. 

I hope that you cope okay on the plane and manage to enjoy your vacation a little. I don’t have any experience of being on a plane while in a wave, but maybe it might be an idea to put on headphones with relaxing nature sounds( I love the sound of waves or a crackling fire), or put on noise cancelling headphones. Also you could put on an eye mask and close your eyes a bit here and there to avoid too much stimulation. If your cognition isn’t too bad and you’re able to read, maybe get lost in a novel. 

Wishing you all the best💛

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg. 2020➡️5.60 to 4.80. 2021➡️4.60 to 4.0.  2022➡️3.95 to 3.55. 2023➡️ From 3.50 to 3.25.  2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️May1=3.05✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

22 minutes ago, Carmie said:

I’m so sorry to hear you’re back in a wave again @peaceandlove, it really is amazing how one pill about a year ago can still affect you today. These pills are so extremely potent, I don’t think the medical profession realises how potent they are. 

I hope that you cope okay on the plane and manage to enjoy your vacation a little. I don’t have any experience of being on a plane while in a wave, but maybe it might be an idea to put on headphones with relaxing nature sounds( I love the sound of waves or a crackling fire), or put on noise cancelling headphones. Also you could put on an eye mask and close your eyes a bit here and there to avoid too much stimulation. If your cognition isn’t too bad and you’re able to read, maybe get lost in a novel. 

Wishing you all the best💛

Thank you for the advice and the well wishes. I definitely am bringing my noise canceling headphones. I was thinking of sunglasses but the eye mask is even better. I would bring both! @Carmie

I still am debating if I should even go as the grocery store the other day was already too much for me. I could only imagine a 4 hour flight, a 4 hour layover, then getting back on the plane to the final destination 😢😔 then doing it all

over again to go back home. 

• Mentor

@peaceandlove Try and drink a lot of water before and during the flight.  I find myself dehydrated when flying. Being dehydrated is not good anytime but especially during a wave. 

Also if you do decide you really can't safely make this trip then give yourself permission to cancel. Your mental and physical health is most important.

Best of luck to you.

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, peaceandlove said:

Thank you for the advice and the well wishes. I definitely am bringing my noise canceling headphones. I was thinking of sunglasses but the eye mask is even better. I would bring both! @Carmie

I still am debating if I should even go as the grocery store the other day was already too much for me. I could only imagine a 4 hour flight, a 4 hour layover, then getting back on the plane to the final destination 😢😔 then doing it all

over again to go back home. 

Sunglasses sound good too @peaceandlove, If it’s too much for you to go, you could cancel. Like RachelSusan said, your mental and physical health are more important. If you’re going to be so stressed out going, you’re not going to enjoy it anyway. Maybe you can do some calming things where you live, go out in nature somewhere where there aren’t too many people and not too much stimulation. Nature is always soothing. Be a tourist in your own area. 

All the best with whatever decision you make💛

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg. 2020➡️5.60 to 4.80. 2021➡️4.60 to 4.0.  2022➡️3.95 to 3.55. 2023➡️ From 3.50 to 3.25.  2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️May1=3.05✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• 4 weeks later...

I did go on the trip & I don’t regret I had a wonderful time. I wasn’t able to fully enjoy myself tho due to my condition. There was a lot of walking up hills in the hot sun, 4 different planes etc which was too much for my nervous system. I will most likely not go on another trip again until I’m fully healed. As I was extremely tired after I came back & old symptoms came back that I haven’t had in a while

When will the fear & anxiety go away ?? My intrusive thoughts / ocd symptoms were better but now they’re way worse now for like the past 2 months 😞 it’s like I’m scared of everything 

I’ve never had these crazy thoughts until I took this pill. & then it’s like I have rummanations about those thoughts, I keep thinking about the withdrawal all day because I just can’t believe it. I feel like I’m losing my mind. Anyone else go through this ??

Ok also right now I wasn’t doing anything at all but laying down & I got a surge of anxiety rush?? Like panic & fast heart beat for no reason.

anyone else ?

Unfortunately it’s normal to have completely random outbursts of symptoms. Just keep reminding yourself it’s all normal given the circumstances.

Active Monday-Friday UK time

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

50mg - Oct 2020, 100mg - Dec 2020, 50mg - April 2021, 75mg - May 2021, 50mg - Sep 2021; Start tapering - 24 April 2024

Current dose:  (May 2024)

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

Cod liver oil, Magnesium, Vitamin C

On 6/2/2023 at 9:21 PM, RachelSusan said:

@peaceandlove Try and drink a lot of water before and during the flight.  I find myself dehydrated when flying. Being dehydrated is not good anytime but especially during a wave. 

Also if you do decide you really can't safely make this trip then give yourself permission to cancel. Your mental and physical health is most important.

Best of luck to you.

Thank you so much for the advice. I did end up going on the trip. I had a great time. However it did cause my symptoms to get worse. That combined with the stress of arguing with my boyfriend. I love him so much but I don’t think I can date anymore… I can barely handle the stress of a slight discussion & I can’t go out the house to do things with him feeling like this 😕 

Are you fully recovered? @RachelSusan

4 hours ago, Erimus said:

Unfortunately it’s normal to have completely random outbursts of symptoms. Just keep reminding yourself it’s all normal given the circumstances.

Thank you. It just I haven’t had a wave this intense in a loooong time. Think it was caused by stress. I hope you’re doing good! 

• Mentor
10 hours ago, peaceandlove said:

Ok also right now I wasn’t doing anything at all but laying down & I got a surge of anxiety rush?? Like panic & fast heart beat for no reason.

anyone else ?

I have those but I don't connect them to withdrawal.... I've been off all meds since Oct  2017 so it's been a long time.

I will have cortisol surges late at night and sometimes if I'm laying down at other times... I don't really know what causes these, 
I do have PTSD so my nervous system is kind of sensitive and in overdrive from that, I guess....?

and I will have some sudden anxiety attacks, usually very brief. I take these as a message that I might have been on auto pilot for too long and am not really "present" and focused on what is really going on, and therefore may be responding or reacting inappropriately. I take it as  a warning sign from my body to my brain to wake up and pay attention!

other times though a sudden surge of anxiety can be from eating a high calorie food esp something high in sugar and fat, which I also take as a warning to stop putting that kind of crap into my body!! LOL

and sometimes I think our nervous system can get over charged from watching news, or being around ppl who are arguing or on edge and we get a surge of energy that we call "anxiety" but maybe it's just a discharge of excess stress of one kind of another....

for it helps to re frame these uncomfortable feelings and to try to see them as messages that there are things I need to pay more attention to, like getting more rest, or removing myself from uncomfortable social situations, or avoiding the news, or getting out and getting some exercise in a peaceful place

sometimes It may be a signal to look inward and to see if you are living your life in accordance with your goals and values

I had a surge of anxiety the other day when I was joking with some friends who were considering doing something akin to cheating, and that is very much against my values, and it sent a jolt thru me that I was going along with the whole thing as if it would be ok.  At some point it seemed like they had crossed over from joking about it to doing it, and I am mostly a follower, but I will not join in with something unethical, so the surge of anxiety was a warning to me that things were crossing  a line I don't want to cross

just stuff like that

can you remember back to what you were thinking about when you had this rush of anxiety?

It seems this sort of thing happens more often at rest ... but maybe it's just easier to notice it if we are at rest or not doing much

I sometimes think, at least for me, that it's a sing that I need to be DOING something and have rested enough, I don't know LOL

it can be annoying, for sure, eps if it happens when you actually do need rest instead

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGES, thank you. 

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • PRESENT DAYS:  Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 
1 hour ago, Happy2Heal said:

I have those but I don't connect them to withdrawal.... I've been off all meds since Oct  2017 so it's been a long time.

I will have cortisol surges late at night and sometimes if I'm laying down at other times... I don't really know what causes these, 
I do have PTSD so my nervous system is kind of sensitive and in overdrive from that, I guess....?

and I will have some sudden anxiety attacks, usually very brief. I take these as a message that I might have been on auto pilot for too long and am not really "present" and focused on what is really going on, and therefore may be responding or reacting inappropriately. I take it as  a warning sign from my body to my brain to wake up and pay attention!

other times though a sudden surge of anxiety can be from eating a high calorie food esp something high in sugar and fat, which I also take as a warning to stop putting that kind of crap into my body!! LOL

and sometimes I think our nervous system can get over charged from watching news, or being around ppl who are arguing or on edge and we get a surge of energy that we call "anxiety" but maybe it's just a discharge of excess stress of one kind of another....

for it helps to re frame these uncomfortable feelings and to try to see them as messages that there are things I need to pay more attention to, like getting more rest, or removing myself from uncomfortable social situations, or avoiding the news, or getting out and getting some exercise in a peaceful place

sometimes It may be a signal to look inward and to see if you are living your life in accordance with your goals and values

I had a surge of anxiety the other day when I was joking with some friends who were considering doing something akin to cheating, and that is very much against my values, and it sent a jolt thru me that I was going along with the whole thing as if it would be ok.  At some point it seemed like they had crossed over from joking about it to doing it, and I am mostly a follower, but I will not join in with something unethical, so the surge of anxiety was a warning to me that things were crossing  a line I don't want to cross

just stuff like that

can you remember back to what you were thinking about when you had this rush of anxiety?

It seems this sort of thing happens more often at rest ... but maybe it's just easier to notice it if we are at rest or not doing much

I sometimes think, at least for me, that it's a sing that I need to be DOING something and have rested enough, I don't know LOL

it can be annoying, for sure, eps if it happens when you actually do need rest instead

Thank you for all the helpful information. Honestly I was stressing out all day about the guy I’m dating. He has a situation going on that makes our relationship stressful but he can’t help it 😕 so all day I was thinking about how I was gonna break it to him that I can’t talk to him anymore until that situation is over with bc it stresses me out & causes my symptoms to ramp up. So that is probably why it happened even tho at the time when I was laying down, I calmed down from it I guess my sensitive nervous system didn’t. 

But regarding what we were talking about on your post.. I’m very happy to hear you’re able to take vitamins and supplements now. Thank you for telling me that and going into detail. I hope you’re able to find the right anesthesia and pain meds for your upcoming surgery 🙂 that is what I’m scared of still being sensitive to supplements. Especially with being a woman, i feel like unfortunately we’re in more positions to where we would possibly have to take something. @Happy2Heal

• Mentor

@peaceandloveI am sorry to hear your symptoms got worse. Stress will do that to you. Take care of you and with time you will improve.

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

• 2 weeks later...

Any success stories regarding chemical sensitivities? Or anyone else going through this 

This gives me anxiety & scares me as as I have no control over what is sprayed in public places. So far I’ve been sensitive to the smell of weed, cleaning supplies, bug spray 

• 3 months later...
On 12/8/2022 at 9:56 PM, peaceandlove said:

Came to the conclusion before all of this I had “visceral hypersensitivity” which is what caused my lpr feeling & all my GI tests to come back normal. Just very sensitive nerves. People with lpr usually heal with ssri/mediation. Which is why I took the pill to cure it but then I had this reaction who knows if this reaction was due to my already super sensitive nerves…

hey did this ever get better for you? Since I lost my pregnancy in March and stopped long term steroids I developed VH. I also cold Turkey my ssti because I developed hypersensitivity to it and legit everythjng. I can feel my stomach stretching can barely eat. I feel my galldbladder contracting it’s painful.. I feel my endometriosis 10x worse. Does this get better? It’s like my nervous system is screaming 

5/10-viibryd 15 to 10 start 10 prozac

5/17-adrenaline surges, panic, viibryd to 7.5

5/20-stopped viibryd ?serotonin syndrome

5/23-stopped Prozac as symptoms continued 

6/2-reinstated viibryd 5mg

6/7-10 mg-better x 1 week only

6/13-15 mg-same thing

6/22-20 mg-same thing but akathesia went away

7/7-viibryd 25 mg split 15 am 10 pm
7/7-started Lunesta to sleep, 0.25 Ativan prn.

7/27-started propanolol 10 mg BID
8/1-viibryd reduced to 10 mg am 10 pm

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2023 at 9:38 AM, Ma205 said:

hey did this ever get better for you? Since I lost my pregnancy in March and stopped long term steroids I developed VH. I also cold Turkey my ssti because I developed hypersensitivity to it and legit everythjng. I can feel my stomach stretching can barely eat. I feel my galldbladder contracting it’s painful.. I feel my endometriosis 10x worse. Does this get better? It’s like my nervous system is screaming 

yes it has got better but not completely gone

18 months & still not healed. I was doing better but then I got a BV infection about 2 weeks ago & had to take antibiotics. 

The antibiotics at first caused an extreme chemical anxiety attack & fast heart rate. Very scary. Mind you I’ve taken these antibiotics plenty of times before in my life b4 this adverse reaction & felt just fine.

I am now left with amped up symptoms like non stop anxiety which causes an increased intrusive thoughts… :( 

I will be eating probiotic yogurt everyday to prevent this from happening again.  

sucks being a girl as anything can throw our ph balance off & guys going through withdrawal don’t have to really worry about their bladder & antibiotics.

Before this antibiotic wave I was able to go outside somewhat & feel more like myself. Now I just stay in my room with extreme anxiety & try to distract myself with YouTube, breathing exercises, yoga etc 😕 it’s also hard because really the best distraction is to go out & have fun but that’s too stimulating. So it’s frustrating trying to find things to distract that won’t make things worse.

The scariest part is not knowing how long this will last I just want my life back. I’ve turned 2 different ages throughout this so far, that’s 2 years of my valuable 20’s I’ll never get back. 

3 hours ago, peaceandlove said:

18 months & still not healed. I was doing better but then I got a BV infection about 2 weeks ago & had to take antibiotics. 

The antibiotics at first caused an extreme chemical anxiety attack & fast heart rate. Very scary. Mind you I’ve taken these antibiotics plenty of times before in my life b4 this adverse reaction & felt just fine.

I am now left with amped up symptoms like non stop anxiety which causes an increased intrusive thoughts… :( 

I will be eating probiotic yogurt everyday to prevent this from happening again.  

sucks being a girl as anything can throw our ph balance off & guys going through withdrawal don’t have to really worry about their bladder & antibiotics.

Before this antibiotic wave I was able to go outside somewhat & feel more like myself. Now I just stay in my room with extreme anxiety & try to distract myself with YouTube, breathing exercises, yoga etc 😕 it’s also hard because really the best distraction is to go out & have fun but that’s too stimulating. So it’s frustrating trying to find things to distract that won’t make things worse.

The scariest part is not knowing how long this will last I just want my life back. I’ve turned 2 different ages throughout this so far, that’s 2 years of my valuable 20’s I’ll never get back. 

I’m so sorry!! Iv been getting an infection monthly since going through this and have been using vaginal metro and clinda.. so far no reaction which is weird because I react to everything. The systemic absorption is only about 2%. Did you take oral metronidazole? 

6/13-15 mg-same thing

2 hours ago, Ma205 said:

I’m so sorry!! Iv been getting an infection monthly since going through this and have been using vaginal metro and clinda.. so far no reaction which is weird because I react to everything. The systemic absorption is only about 2%. Did you take oral metronidazole? 

Is that the gel right?? And it takes away the infection??

I’ve never used a gel in my life only the oral pills. Yes I used the metronidazole oral pill & then fluconazole right after because the metronidazole causes a yeast infection. 

The mental symptoms are very hard as the only psychological issues I’ve ever had in the past was anxiety. These pills have completely changed my brain. when will it end 😩

i look at @Maybe adverse reaction on here & it took him 4 years. Ugh. 

On the plus side of things my GI issues have become way better & not really an issue at all anymore. Every once in a while they come back ( no appetite, nausea, feeling full, constapation) but less intense & nothing that gets in the way of life tbh.

My light sensitivity comes & goes and can be hard to deal with while in the car at night, watching tv/YouTube or scrolling through the phone. Noise sensitivity is still there too. So it hard to be around a lot of ppl still or go to crowed stores while in a wave. 

these antibiotics messed me up so bad. I am crying. My mind won’t shut up about things I don’t want to think about. I feel so trapped. It’s definitely having an affect on my admagyla it’s making me scared & extreme fear of everything. 

On 11/6/2023 at 11:38 AM, peaceandlove said:

Is that the gel right?? And it takes away the infection??

I’ve never used a gel in my life only the oral pills. Yes I used the metronidazole oral pill & then fluconazole right after because the metronidazole causes a yeast infection. 

Yes use vaginal treatment from now on. 2% systemic absorption compared to pills. I’m sorry you’re feeling awful. It will pass!! 🤍🤍

6/13-15 mg-same thing

• Mentor
On 11/6/2023 at 2:23 AM, peaceandlove said:

sucks being a girl as anything can throw our ph balance off

I worked with a woman who swore by adding apple cider vinegar to her baths to help with vaginal PH, not sure if you're a bath person. I've been having outbreaks of oral thrush lately so PH might be off for me too; seems like changes to Seroquel make it flare up.

On 11/7/2023 at 1:27 PM, peaceandlove said:

these antibiotics messed me up so bad. I am crying.

Antibiotics are a trip!! So sorry you're going through this. All the connections between our gut health and mental health really get hit hard with them it seems. Have you seen the specialized probiotics they make to take with/after antibiotics?

Pronouns: they/them/theirs 

Started on Prozac in early 2000s to treat cPTSD, been on various cocktails ever since.

2002-2004, 2017-2022: Buspar, tapered down to 0

2016-present: 100mg Seroquel for sleep -> May 2023: 90mg -> June 2023: 81mg -> September 2023: 72mg -> switched to brand name, much too strong, down to 60mg -> October 2023: 54mg -> November 2023: 50mg -> January 2024: 45mg -> April 2024: 40.5mg

2016-Present: 100mg Wellbutrin SR -> January 2023: 75mg IR (37.5mg 2x a day) -> February 2023 (33.75mg 2x a day) -> July 2023 (30.37mg 2x a day) -> August 2023: 27.33mg 2x a day 

2018-present: 25mg Pristiq

2015-present: 600mg Gabapentin (200mg 3x a day) -> December 2022: 300mg Gabapentin (100mg 3x a day) per GP's recommendation after side effects -> March 2023: 90mg 3x a day (switched to liquid suspension) -> April 2023: 81mg 3x a day -> September 2023: bad generic, switched back to homemade liquid; too strong after bad generic, down to 70mg 3x a day, still bad. Adjusted slowly till at 60mg 3x a day, much better. Long hold till -> December 2023: 54mg, still feels too high after November Seroquel switch from brand name to generic, doc recommended 50mg which feels better -> January 2024: When Wellbutrin went down, Gabapentin started putting me to sleep, went down to 45mg, then 41mg to stay awake, so far so good -> February 2024: 36mg, still too high, 34mg -> March 2024: 31mg, STILL too high, 30mg

Supplements: Multivitamin w/magnesium, probiotics, digestive enzymes, anti-viral nitric oxide nose spray as needed

On 11/9/2023 at 12:35 PM, Ma205 said:

Yes use vaginal treatment from now on. 2% systemic absorption compared to pills. I’m sorry you’re feeling awful. It will pass!! 🤍🤍

Thank you so much for the advice about the cream 💕

On 11/9/2023 at 1:25 PM, littlebird said:

I worked with a woman who swore by adding apple cider vinegar to her baths to help with vaginal PH, not sure if you're a bath person. I've been having outbreaks of oral thrush lately so PH might be off for me too; seems like changes to Seroquel make it flare up.

Antibiotics are a trip!! So sorry you're going through this. All the connections between our gut health and mental health really get hit hard with them it seems. Have you seen the specialized probiotics they make to take with/after antibiotics?

🙂 I never heard of those specialized probiotics but I will check them out. I do now eat yogurt everyday with probiotics however. Thank you for the bathtub tip too! I hope your outbreaks get better as well 💕

• 2 weeks later...

Update: my nervous system calmed down from the antibiotics. & I felt better for about a week. But now I’m in another wave (of course).

I’ve walked 3 days in a row outside for 30mins each time. Since I now walking is great for mental health & is good for neruoplasticy in the brain. I wonder if I am overdoing it though with the walking. I’m also doing restorative yoga everyday. 

Does anyone have the symptom where your brain try’s to associate everything it sees/hears with a memory ?

Also, does anyone have anyone have any withdrawal friendly recommendations for podcasts I can listen to or books? :) 

helpful, calming video on how to deal with our sensitive nerves. Thought I’d share 🙂

On 11/20/2023 at 3:49 AM, peaceandlove said:

Update: my nervous system calmed down from the antibiotics. & I felt better for about a week. But now I’m in another wave (of course).

I’ve walked 3 days in a row outside for 30mins each time. Since I now walking is great for mental health & is good for neruoplasticy in the brain. I wonder if I am overdoing it though with the walking. I’m also doing restorative yoga everyday. 

Does anyone have the symptom where your brain try’s to associate everything it sees/hears with a memory ?

Also, does anyone have anyone have any withdrawal friendly recommendations for podcasts I can listen to or books? :) 

Hi @peaceandlove I am sorry you are in another wave. I hope this passes quickly. I find that listening to The Anxious Truth podcasts can be helpful. The guy that does them has been on AD's himself and gone through WD. He only specifically covers AD's and WD in 3 of his podcasts (145, 146, 147), but he is very positive and all the podcasts are useful, but are about anxiety. I also like listening to Angie Peacock on youtube - there is an episode where she talks to The Anxious Truth guy about WD. She has been through AD withdrawal and benzo. Wishing you well. 

None of my posts are medical advice, just my own experience. Please see your Doctor for any medical advice.

Venlafaxine can't remember exact dose,normal starting dose(Around 2014/15-2017)
Citalopram 10mg (2018-Present - Attempted to stop taking in Aug 22, but got WD - Thought it was 'relapse') 5 months 22 from Sep to Jan Venlafaxine)

Back to 10mg Citalopram -as thought would be easier to stop than Venlaxine
Fast Taper off Citalopram (didn't know about WD) late June to Mid July 23. CT'd until late Sep 23, Stupidly took 3 Days 10mg fluoxetine on Dr advice, intended to taper as soon a stable. Dr said Fluox easier to taper( akathasia reaction) Stopped fluox about 26/9/23. 29/9/23.Reinstated at 2.5mg Citalopram. Holding until stable to taper off. 14/11/23 Reduced to 2.375mg because felt akathasia. Holding until stable.

9 hours ago, Poppy745 said:

Hi @peaceandlove I am sorry you are in another wave. I hope this passes quickly. I find that listening to The Anxious Truth podcasts can be helpful. The guy that does them has been on AD's himself and gone through WD. He only specifically covers AD's and WD in 3 of his podcasts (145, 146, 147), but he is very positive and all the podcasts are useful, but are about anxiety. I also like listening to Angie Peacock on youtube - there is an episode where she talks to The Anxious Truth guy about WD. She has been through AD withdrawal and benzo. Wishing you well. 

Cool I will check it out. thank you so much for the suggestions!! I’m wishing you well too @Poppy745

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Lovee this holiday however I’m in such a bad wave. Idk if I want to go to my cousins house. Deep down I do of course. But there’s gonna be like 30 people there & loud music. So much stimulation. If I go, I’m going to have to be stuck there for hours. I wish it was just hosted at my house instead so I could just go to my room if it gets too much. Idk what to do if I should go or stay at home… 🤔😣 if your reading this, are you celebrating?