peaceandlove: adverse reaction after one pill

peaceandlove

Do not force yourself into too much stimulation. Hanging out with people, if we are well enough is great, but try to keep it low key, at least in the beginning.

Christmas last year, for me, was non-existent, this time I am celebrating. It will be at my in-laws place, just a few people, early finish and all. =)

December 2021 - Metoclopramide started. Akathisia symptoms start; Metoclopramide gets changed to PRN.

March 2022 - Akathisia diagnosed; Metoclopramide stopped; Propranolol 10mg x twice a day. Biperiden PRN (0.5mg to 1mg).

April 2022 - Tandospirone 30mg (10mg 3x day), Quetiapine 25mg (only taken once, immediate adr). Mirtazapine 7.5mg. . Discontinued Propranolol.

May 2022 - Mirtazapine upped to 15mg. Tandospirone cut to 2x 10mg. Low dose Depakote for the month; 100 to 200 to 100 to 0. Mirtazapine cut back to 11.75mg (3/4 of a 15mg pill).
June 2022 - Mirtazapine updose to 15mg. Tandospirone, Biperiden discontinued. Klonopin started PRN (0.5mg). 
September 2022 - Akathisia slowly starts improving, WD/ADR normal sets in in mid September. Hold for 4 months.
March 2023 - Off mirtazapine; no Klonopin for 5 months either! Started quercetin (250mg x 2) to soften the histamine rebound.

May 2023 - Stopped quercetin and changed from magnesium carbonate to oxide - reacted badly. Reverted back to carbonate. 
June 2023 - Added fish oil.
Current regimen: CALM Magnesium (Carbonate into Citrate) 175mg x2; Vitamin E 268mg x2; Fish oil (100mg Omega3; EPA 30mg; DHA 37mg)x2
Intro thread: 
https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/27095-portuguesesea-metoclopramide-akathisia-and-mirtazapine/

Hey me again, just read thru your thread quickly. So sorry you’re going through all this after one pill, this is so unfair. It made me wonder: are you diagnosed as HSP  (highly sensitive person) or other neurodivergent type? I am HSP and I’ve been wondering if I had such a terrible reaction to the SSRI because of that fact. Like are HSP more sensitive to medications and substances ? I wonder. I Hope you’re getting better.  

April 2020: 10mg Escitalopram 

July 2020: fast tapper tried to quit. Failed. 
september 2020: Trintellix 20mg. 
october 2021: fast taper off Trintellix (1 week). Reinstated 10mg in January 2022 for 3 weeks, failed, kindling effect so I quit rapidly, now off meds since then. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/5/2023 at 6:45 AM, Nypeaches89 said:

Hey me again, just read thru your thread quickly. So sorry you’re going through all this after one pill, this is so unfair. It made me wonder: are you diagnosed as HSP  (highly sensitive person) or other neurodivergent type? I am HSP and I’ve been wondering if I had such a terrible reaction to the SSRI because of that fact. Like are HSP more sensitive to medications and substances ? I wonder. I Hope you’re getting better.  

hello I do think I am a highly sensitive person. But also I had a horrible reaction to a weed brownie many years ago luckily it only lasted a day but I think I may just be sensitive to things that have Serotonin in it @Nypeaches89

April 2022- Only 1 celxa pill 10mg

had an adverse reaction & never took anymore again 

On 12/4/2023 at 11:47 PM, PortugueseSea said:

Do not force yourself into too much stimulation. Hanging out with people, if we are well enough is great, but try to keep it low key, at least in the beginning.

Christmas last year, for me, was non-existent, this time I am celebrating. It will be at my in-laws place, just a few people, early finish and all. 😃

thank you for replying & for the advice. 

Lately I have internal vibrations, intrusive thoughts with extreme anxiety & fear. Does this sound like akathisia? @PortugueseSea

21 months out and I still have mental akathisia. When will this end ?? I want my life back 😞 Inner vibrations mainly felt when laying down, extreme fear, extreme anxiety, intrusive looping thoughts, ocd 

all from an adverse reaction 

Does anyone here take a beta blocker or did take one ??

I did for a short period a long time ago, mostly before psychiatric medication. I found they did absolutely nothing to ease any symptoms I had. All they do is slow your heart rate, which can often make you more anxious and also lightheaded.

I understand you are desperate for relief, but they won't cure the unbalanced chemicals in your brain.

Edited by Erimus

Active Monday-Friday UK time

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

50mg - Oct 2020, 100mg - Dec 2020, 50mg - April 2021, 75mg - May 2021, 50mg - Sep 2021; Start tapering - 24 April 2024

Current dose:  (May 2024)

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

Cod liver oil, Magnesium, Vitamin C

On 2/9/2024 at 9:01 AM, peaceandlove said:

21 months out and I still have mental akathisia. When will this end ?? I want my life back 😞 Inner vibrations mainly felt when laying down, extreme fear, extreme anxiety, intrusive looping thoughts, ocd 

all from an adverse reaction 

I am really sorry you are still dealing with this, I am 27 months into this mess, 11 months off all meds and still struggling quite a bit. My extreme anxiety and intrusive thoughts have improved quite a bit. I have a lot of burning sensations and inner tension. You too will transition out of that and your next stage will become less unbearable.

Hang in there friend.

December 2021 - Metoclopramide started. Akathisia symptoms start; Metoclopramide gets changed to PRN.

March 2022 - Akathisia diagnosed; Metoclopramide stopped; Propranolol 10mg x twice a day. Biperiden PRN (0.5mg to 1mg).

April 2022 - Tandospirone 30mg (10mg 3x day), Quetiapine 25mg (only taken once, immediate adr). Mirtazapine 7.5mg. . Discontinued Propranolol.

May 2022 - Mirtazapine upped to 15mg. Tandospirone cut to 2x 10mg. Low dose Depakote for the month; 100 to 200 to 100 to 0. Mirtazapine cut back to 11.75mg (3/4 of a 15mg pill).
June 2022 - Mirtazapine updose to 15mg. Tandospirone, Biperiden discontinued. Klonopin started PRN (0.5mg). 
September 2022 - Akathisia slowly starts improving, WD/ADR normal sets in in mid September. Hold for 4 months.
March 2023 - Off mirtazapine; no Klonopin for 5 months either! Started quercetin (250mg x 2) to soften the histamine rebound.

May 2023 - Stopped quercetin and changed from magnesium carbonate to oxide - reacted badly. Reverted back to carbonate. 
Current regimen: CALM Magnesium (Carbonate into Citrate) 175mg x2; Vitamin E 268mg x2; Fish oil (100mg Omega3; EPA 30mg; DHA 37mg)x2
Intro thread: 
https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/27095-portuguesesea-metoclopramide-akathisia-and-mirtazapine/

9 minutes ago, PortugueseSea said:

I am really sorry you are still dealing with this, I am 27 months into this mess, 11 months off all meds and still struggling quite a bit. My extreme anxiety and intrusive thoughts have improved quite a bit. I have a lot of burning sensations and inner tension. You too will transition out of that and your next stage will become less unbearable.

Hang in there friend.

Thank you for the encouragement ❤️ 

& congrats on 27 months, can’t wait to see your progress once you hit 3 years.

@PortugueseSea

14 minutes ago, peaceandlove said:

Thank you for the encouragement ❤️ 

& congrats on 27 months, can’t wait to see your progress once you hit 3 years.

I have been told that in the second year off meds people see a lot of improvement! Can't wait lol. It has been rough to say the least.

Intro thread: 

My symptoms tend to cycle to either more physical or mental symptoms. I think mental symptoms are way worse.

currently having intrusive memories, my brain tries to search everything it sees / hears with a memory. intrusive, obsessive thoughts. Very sensitive. Anxiety. Neruo emotions. Feels like you have PTSD all day long & crazy in the head. All negative Scary thoughts. Nothing positive. It’s like evil took over my brain. Inner vibrations mainly in the morning. 

1 hour ago, peaceandlove said:

My symptoms tend to cycle to either more physical or mental symptoms. I think mental symptoms are way worse.

currently having intrusive memories, my brain tries to search everything it sees / hears with a memory. intrusive, obsessive thoughts. Very sensitive. Anxiety. Neruo emotions. Feels like you have PTSD all day long & crazy in the head. All negative Scary thoughts. Nothing positive. It’s like evil took over my brain. Inner vibrations mainly in the morning. 

I know what it's like being tortured by obsessive thoughts, my heart goes out to you. All I can say is, they went away, and yours will too.

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

50mg - Oct 2020, 100mg - Dec 2020, 50mg - April 2021, 75mg - May 2021, 50mg - Sep 2021; Start tapering - 24 April 2024

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

this is how hypersensitive I am,  I could tell a family member just got done using mouth wash before they even opened they’re mouth because I could smell it from like 3 feet away, They looked at me amazed lol.

Watching tv with for only about 20 minutes & my symptoms ramped up. Dizzy, inner vibrations. It’s like all I handle is being in a dark quiet room. Definitely inner akathisia. It’s like you can’t win, you have to distract yourself but the distractions cause symptoms. It’s like the only options are lay down be quiet or do a puzzle, crossword, or knit something lol which I don’t know how to do. 

2 hours ago, Erimus said:

I know what it's like being tortured by obsessive thoughts, my heart goes out to you. All I can say is, they went away, and yours will too.

I hope so 😩 have you had the symptoms of feeling like you’re vibrating inside? @Erimus

@peaceandlove your symptoms sound very similar to mine.  I'm almost 16 months off and I still vibrate everyday.  

Edit:I see we both started vibrating from a celexa adverse reaction 

2003- started 2.5 mgs Celexa

Over the years upped to 10mgs.

2003 - .5mgs xanax as needed.  Took about 2mgs a day for 15 years.  Weaned off over 4 years.  Last xanax June 4th 2022.

July 20 2022- Started weaning Celexa

August 29th 2022 -Stopped 2.5 mg Celexa 

Fine for 4-5 weeks and started having panic attacks.

Sept 26 2022-Reinstated 5mgs celexa and started HORRIBLE side effects immediately. 

Stayed on for almost 5 weeks and stopped.  

October 31 2022- Off

1 hour ago, Walleebug said:

@peaceandlove your symptoms sound very similar to mine.  I'm almost 16 months off and I still vibrate everyday.  

Edit:I see we both started vibrating from a celexa adverse reaction 

Ugh I’m so sorry to hear that you’re going through it too. Yes I had adverse reaction & it completely turned my life upside down. I did just recently take antibiotics like 3 months ago & I had a stressful last year which I’m sure delayed my healing. But yes I’m 21 months out & still going through it. I looked through your thread & you have had a lot of similar symptoms as me. Personally when I get the inner vibrations I know I cant do much & I pretty much just hibernate in my room any stimulation makes it worse. Weighted blankets are my best friend. This website is helpful with reassurance when your going through it: https://withdrawal.theinnercompass.org/symptom/akathisia

If you ever need to talk I’m here for you 💕 @Walleebug

10 hours ago, peaceandlove said:

I hope so 😩 have you had the symptoms of feeling like you’re vibrating inside? @Erimus

Yes. I had it for a few months after starting sertraline, and then around a year in withdrawal. My legs vibrated every day for about 12 months.

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

@peaceandlove.  Were you almost healed before the antibiotic?  Are the vibrations new?   I'm so sorry you're still dealing with this.  

2003- started 2.5 mgs Celexa

Over the years upped to 10mgs.

2003 - .5mgs xanax as needed.  Took about 2mgs a day for 15 years.  Weaned off over 4 years.  Last xanax June 4th 2022.

July 20 2022- Started weaning Celexa

August 29th 2022 -Stopped 2.5 mg Celexa 

Fine for 4-5 weeks and started having panic attacks.

Sept 26 2022-Reinstated 5mgs celexa and started HORRIBLE side effects immediately. 

Stayed on for almost 5 weeks and stopped.  

October 31 2022- Off

28 minutes ago, Walleebug said:

@peaceandlove.  Were you almost healed before the antibiotic?  Are the vibrations new?   I'm so sorry you're still dealing with this.  

Probably not, no. The best I’ve felt was around 12- 13 months off I literally forgot about this site & just started living my life but then since I felt somewhat better I went on a trip, started to go outside more etc & it was just too much for my nervous system as I wasn’t fully healed & then I took the antibiotic & here I am now. If I could do this all over again I would just stay in my room & in my house until I was fully healed. The inner vibrations aren’t new however they did go away for months. They only came back after the antibiotic. I also have pins & needles feeling in my legs, hands & sometimes even lips if I am doing too much stimulation @Walleebug

Currently having POTS symptoms. It’s like the only thing I can do is lay down or my heart rate goes up & I get out of breath. Anyone else have this?

Currently in the ER for high heart rate 😞

Is chloride in IV form safe to take ??

they want to give it to me to slow my heart rate 

Damn akathisia!!

Ok update I drank a liter of water & it got better. But now I am confused going forward until my cardio appointment. I raised my bed, I’m sleeping on a reflex pillow, wearing compression socks all the things they say for POTS. They also say to do light exercise I’m confused if I should do that or rest?

I’ve been in this akathisia wave for about a month now. Burning skin, flight or fight 24/7

I just wanted to say I'm sorry you are in the thick of it. The fight or flight is so exhausting and Akathisa on top of it is no help either. I hope you see some improvements soon. 

Current: Bupropion 450mg, Neurontin 800mg, Klonopin 0.5mg

History:

July 2020: started Cogentin 1mg, Lamictal 50mg, Zoloft 150mg, Zyprexa 5mg (+5mg as needed), Klonopin 0.5mg

November 2020: stopped all meds cold-turkey

February 2021: started Latuda 60mg, Lithium 300mg, Melatonin 5mg, Protonix 40mg, Topamax 25mg

2 weeks later: stopped Topamax, increased Lithium 900mg, started Klonopin 1mg, Lexapro 20mg, Neurontin 400mg

April 2021: started Bupropion 150mg, Revia ?mg

May 2021: stopped ReviaProtonixLexaproincreased Neurontin 800mg, started Celexa 10mg

August 2021: decreased Celexa 5mg (stopped Celexa 2 weeks later), increased Bupropion 300mg

September 2021: increased Latuda 80mg

October 2021: decreased Lithium 600mg for 4 daysLithium 300mg for 4 daysstopped LithiumLatuda

increased Bupropion 450mg, started Remeron 15mg, decreased Remeron 7.5mg, stopped Remeron

16 hours ago, ThatOneGirlStitch said:

I just wanted to say I'm sorry you are in the thick of it. The fight or flight is so exhausting and Akathisa on top of it is no help either. I hope you see some improvements soon. 

Thank you for reaching out to me & the kind words. It means a lot 💕 @ThatOneGirlStitch

Documenting for myself: about a month ago all of a sudden I started extremely nauseous, hot flashes /cold & then… this is when all the pots symptoms started heart pounding dizzy when I stand up. I’ve been laying in bed for the past week, & have a cardiologist appointment soon. Also having GI symptoms seems like food isn’t being disgusted correctly. Extremely fatigued. Insomnia, I’ve been waking up around 2,3 am. Everytime I try to take a nap during the day, my body won’t let me & wakes me up with anxiety. frequent urinating.

just all the dystomia symptoms or however you spell it lol 

It feels like I am back in acute & I’m assuming because of the antibiotic some months ago I took? Idk. 

I had a window yesterday majority of the day where I actually had a glimpse of what it feels like to be a normal human being with mindfulness & being able to be present in conversation instead of intrusive thoughts & anxiety 24/7. 

Ate Carne Asada fries & it caused an anxiety reaction, increased heart rate. Guess I’m going to have to go back to plain, easy to digest foods like I used to do in the beginning. Smh. This must have been going on for weeks I just haven’t noticed. 

is it regular for old symptoms to come back? I thought I was done with this symptom. 

1 hour ago, peaceandlove said:

Ate Carne Asada fries & it caused an anxiety reaction, increased heart rate. Guess I’m going to have to go back to plain, easy to digest foods like I used to do in the beginning. Smh. This must have been going on for weeks I just haven’t noticed. 

is it regular for old symptoms to come back? I thought I was done with this symptom. 

The fact that you noticed it came back means that it was gone for a while, though. Always look for the positive.

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

Noticed when I’m in a window of my regular mind I can’t even think of those crazy intrusive thoughts… my regular actual mind won’t let me.

And when I’m in a wave of intrusive thoughts my mind won’t let me think positive lol crazy. 

3 hours ago, Erimus said:

The fact that you noticed it came back means that it was gone for a while, though. Always look for the positive.

thanks for this point of view

Histamine Problems with food causing pots symptoms