peaceandlove: adverse reaction after one pill

peaceandlove

Btw I definitely have/had long covid. I was a regular healthy person but Ever since I got covid I had all these weird nervous system problems. I took the pill for my “anxiety” I thought it would fix my nervous system but everything just got worse. If you look at long covid people a lot of the symptoms are the same. I hope I recover from this. 

April 2022- Only 1 celxa pill 10mg

had an adverse reaction & never took anymore again 

• Mentor
3 hours ago, peaceandlove said:

Btw I definitely have/had long covid. I was a regular healthy person but Ever since I got covid I had all these weird nervous system problems.

I'm so, so sorry to hear this. I'm watching long covid decimate some people I care about in a lot of ways, and I think the nervous system stuff is so subtle some of them aren't connecting it with more well-known long covid symptoms, they just think they have sudden-onset anxiety causing nervous system issues that's unrelated to covid. 

took the pill for my “anxiety” I thought it would fix my nervous system but everything just got worse. If you look at long covid people a lot of the symptoms are the same. I hope I recover from this. 

Yuuuup a lot of these people I know with long covid are getting recommendations to try medication... the folks who have resisted taking psych meds are doing much better than the friends who decided to try meds. Wondering if research over time will show that psych meds for long covid is a mismatch? 

I hope I recover from this.

I hope you do too! The long covid community online seems pretty robust, there's a lot of research flying around those groups and I love a hot new study so I sometimes cross paths online with them on different platforms. I have hope that recovery is possible, we just need some more time to see for sure.

Pronouns: they/them/theirs 

Started on Prozac in early 2000s to treat cPTSD, been on various cocktails ever since.

2002-2004, 2017-2022: Buspar, tapered down to 0

2016-present: 100mg Seroquel for sleep -> May 2023: 90mg -> June 2023: 81mg -> September 2023: 72mg -> switched to brand name, much too strong, down to 60mg -> October 2023: 54mg -> November 2023: 50mg -> January 2024: 45mg -> April 2024: 40.5mg

2016-Present: 100mg Wellbutrin SR -> January 2023: 75mg IR (37.5mg 2x a day) -> February 2023 (33.75mg 2x a day) -> July 2023 (30.37mg 2x a day) -> August 2023: 27.33mg 2x a day 

2018-present: 25mg Pristiq

2015-present: 600mg Gabapentin (200mg 3x a day) -> December 2022: 300mg Gabapentin (100mg 3x a day) per GP's recommendation after side effects -> March 2023: 90mg 3x a day (switched to liquid suspension) -> April 2023: 81mg 3x a day -> September 2023: bad generic, switched back to homemade liquid; too strong after bad generic, down to 70mg 3x a day, still bad. Adjusted slowly till at 60mg 3x a day, much better. Long hold till -> December 2023: 54mg, still feels too high after November Seroquel switch from brand name to generic, doc recommended 50mg which feels better -> January 2024: When Wellbutrin went down, Gabapentin started putting me to sleep, went down to 45mg, then 41mg to stay awake, so far so good -> February 2024: 36mg, still too high, 34mg -> March 2024: 31mg, STILL too high, 30mg

Supplements: Multivitamin w/magnesium, probiotics, digestive enzymes, anti-viral nitric oxide nose spray as needed

On 3/13/2024 at 1:12 PM, littlebird said:

I'm so, so sorry to hear this. I'm watching long covid decimate some people I care about in a lot of ways, and I think the nervous system stuff is so subtle some of them aren't connecting it with more well-known long covid symptoms, they just think they have sudden-onset anxiety causing nervous system issues that's unrelated to covid. 

Yuuuup a lot of these people I know with long covid are getting recommendations to try medication... the folks who have resisted taking psych meds are doing much better than the friends who decided to try meds. Wondering if research over time will show that psych meds for long covid is a mismatch? 

I hope you do too! The long covid community online seems pretty robust, there's a lot of research flying around those groups and I love a hot new study so I sometimes cross paths online with them on different platforms. I have hope that recovery is possible, we just need some more time to see for sure.

Yeah everything’s coming full circle now that time has passed. Covid messed me up, because of covid I reacted bad to the anxiety pill which set me back, I wasn’t fully healed & took antibiotics which set me back even more. Everyone on the long covid Reddit pretty much has all the same symptoms as me & saying their sensitive to meds, pots, chronic fatigue etc.

pretty much covid ruined my life. Some people are healing but it takes a lot of time rest & healing of the nervous system. Similar to withdrawal… we just have a messed up nervous system, dystoumia pretty much. Yes I spelled it wrong but I have no energy to look up the correct spelling lol. 

thank you for the reply & reaching out to me @littlebird💕

April 2022- Only 1 celxa pill 10mg

had an adverse reaction & never took anymore again 

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2023 at 5:19 AM, peaceandlove said:

Documenting for myself: I used to be sensitive to light… that went away but now my vision is kinda of blurry? Especially when looking at my computer screen. Like a dizziness in the head feeling idk how to describe it but yeah lol. As if I need glasses or something but I know I probably don’t. 

my frequent urinating has gotten better recently. Let’s hope it stays like that 

hi,

peaceandlove

i hope you are fine...i had adverse reaction after taking just one pill...i am having overactive painfull bladder like you...i was reading your story...i wanted to know about your overactive painfull bladder frequent urinating....i quoted your artice from feburary 2023 where you wrote that your overactive bladder is better now....did it really took nine months for your bladder to get ok...is your overactive bladder fine now....or do you still have it after 9th month...if your overactive bladder is fine can you tell how long it took you to see improvement for your overactivebladder...according to your posts it seems your frequent urination got ok around month 9 of your adverse reaction...am i right