LoveandLight: sertraline withdrawal

LoveandLight

I don't think so. I think it's genuine.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Aww thank you but I do wonder if this is some artificial euphoria

Part of the process. Enjoy :)

08 Cipralex 10mg for about 6 months. 11-12 Cipralex 20mg. Unsuccesful WD. 12-13 Zoloft 100mg with Diazepam 10-20mg as needed for anxiety.
Fall 13 Tapering Zoloft 100->50->25->12,5->0 in 2,5 months and CT Diazepam. 12/24/13 RI Zoloft 12,5mg

1/21/14 11mg

3/18/14 9,9mg

2/18/14 8mg

4/22/14 7,6mg

5/5/14 7,2mg

5/12/14 -> cutting 0,5mg per week, holding when necessary.

8/18/14 -> cutting 0,25mg per week holding when necessary.

10/20/2014 -> cutting 0,1mg per week, holding when necessary.
12/28/2014 Jump!

Ok, I have a confession. On the 23rd when I ended up screaming and suffering terribly it was probably my own fault. I felt okish for about 4 days so went out had a meal, drank wine, rum and whiskey, stayed up til 4.30 and had an hr sleep. After the first glass of wine, I thought I'm ok, I can have another drink. I also drank coffee and coke. Obviously, this was totally stupid but I've certainly learnt my lesson. I now have one decaf coffee a day, am off wheat and dairy, limit my sugar and I'm in bed by 10pm sharp and absolutely no alcohol.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Ok, well that explains it. :(

No wonder u felt so bad. It's ok, we feel ok, then we think we can go out and do what we used to. I've made this mistake. Never goes well.

Glad u are recovered! :)

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

I am vegetarian and off gluten and I limit dairy.  I find it helps my stomach and gut.  we can use all the help we can get lol.  And we ALL want to be able to do what we once did!

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

Yes I know silly me lol

Thanks both xx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Managed to sleep properly for the first time in months! :)

Best wishes to you all.

Yesterday afternoon and today experiencing an empty feeling. Groundless again, like I'm not connected to this world. It's absolutely horrible. I've already been for a walk, not sure how to deal with this, the thing is, I think but I cannot be sure if I experienced this in childhood. This is what scares me, if it's withdrawal then I will hopefully recover, if not, I have no clue how to deal with this long term.

Also I wonder if this can also be connected to spiritual awakenings. I have heard it said that one cannot progress spiritually if the mind is not stable. However, I've already experienced such awakenings. If this is down to this, then I wish I'd never investigated spirituality.

http://beyondmeds.com/2010/04/04/dont-give-fear-a-thought/

This is what I'm exploring..I'm sick of being scared

This terror derealisation is the pits.

If I could figure out where this terror comes from it may help. I wonder if I'm going through a kundalini awakening, childhood trauma or just nervous system instability from yrs on meds. Confused and lost.

Yes. It's awful. Derealization. Petu, I think has had a lot of this... I don't know if you have read her thread, may be helpful.

I almost gave in to temptation and ate a bunch of junk, then I thought of your experience and decided against it.

I almost make mistakes like this weekly.

Just so u know, you are not alone.

Yes I've read her thread.

Thank you. I feel so alone though but I suppose sadly, you know what that feels like too.

Yes my experience a lesson to all xx

Severe anxiety. Meant to be going to a housesitting bed and breakfast job in two days..so anxious don't know how I can manage to pack and get there.

Life feels confusing..I look at other people and wonder how they function - do they give themselves a second thought as they go through the day. Actually not just confusing..life feels pretty horrific actually - what is the point of all this. Out of body feeling, confusion, de realisation. Years and years have passed, suffering as intensely as this, and I've never found answers. Solutions that work for others and then they can go and get on with their lives haven't worked for me. I wish I could stop so intensely questioning life and the meaning of it all. But since I don't feel grounded here and nothing is real, it is the only questions coming to mind.

If I have anything coming up, even just an appointment I get super anxious that I will feel ill and miss it.  That makes me feel ill and I end up going feeling like crap.  I wish I could figure out a way to not hype myself up over everything.  I guess that is the side effect of always feeling like crap.  I hope you manage to get packed and get there ok.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Thank you. I hope so too.

It seems amazing that I feel so bad that it feels like I'm dying but life doesn't stop to wait for me to catch up. Wonder if this is another year that I will miss from de realisation.

So sorry. I had months on end with this. It was like living a nightmare. Everything scared me and it was like I wasnt real. Awful. Everything was colored with an impending sense of doom. And nothing brought joy, nothing mattered. Life had no point ever. It was like this for months on end with no break.

I hope it ends and you move on to another healing process less miserable.

Thank you it is such a nightmare. I've had this for years not knowing that it was the meds..this feels like it is going to be such a hard journey trying to stabilise before I can taper to get off them.

It is going to be hard. But, we have to. We have no choice.

((Hug))

Thanks cx

*note, post moved from 'windows and waves' topic

I continue to feel that I've done something wrong or I should try and change something, updose or whatever.

I tapered quickly as you can see from my sig. And when to 0 from 12.5 and reinstated after a week at 12.5mg. The window and waves pattern is so pronounced and the waves so violent, I'm just overwhelmed at having yo try and endure this, stabilise while still on this lose dose and then I still have to come off. Say a year to stabilise (back on in October) or two years and then still could be a difficult taper. I feel like just CTing and I least I would be off. That is what I feel like anyway but I will not. Just so awful.

Edited by Petu
added note

Took 1 mg of diazepam - first I've taken In a yr and eventually managed to get packed..was so confused and disorientated and anxious. Suicidal thoughts also. I don't have a clue what I'm doing trying to travel to the other end of the country trying to run a b n b while going through this..but because I've gone through this in varying degrees for years, it feels like I have to do something..it's not like if I totally cannot cope that I can just up and leave when there is guests there.

What a nightmare.

I'm sorry if your reading my thread it is so doomy and gloomy. I'm sorry also that people in my life may be suffering watching me go through this.

Sorry to be a pain but this has now been 3 months since reinstating after only a week off..still violent waves and windows..should I updose?

Could one of the mods look at my previous entry. The psychological symptoms are just unbearable. I almost feel like I may need to check into hospital but what will that get me - more meds! I appreciate your time.

Just had a massive argument with my grandfather. Him saying we are all trying to help you, but your not helping yourself. Check yourself into hospital and get the help you need. Stop analysing whats wrong with you and go out and live your life. Other people are worse and they still go out and get on with their life. Your going the wrong way and doing the wrong thing. If the medication you are on is causing so much probs, why are you still on it. Just what I needed today!

A lot of doubt in that I am doing the right thing, feeling so awful. Is it over yet.

Oh no I am so sorry. It is hard for others to understand when they are not going through it. I don't see my family much but when I tell them they don't know what to say so they just say sorry. They cannot possibly GET IT. Your grandfather believes that it is that black and white. He doesn't understand. Please don't let it upset you too badly. You know the truth of it all and you need to take care of your own health. I hope the rest of your day gets better.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Thank you. The thing is I've been in withdrawal not knowing and med side effects for at least 6 years so even although I know whats wrong now, everyone around me is getting tired and frustrated. Hope you ok xx

I understand. My aches and pains have been going on for awhile as well, even on the meds to some extent. At this point my family sees it as normal for me and they get tired of hearing about it. I feel pretty much alone in my battle and it is a depressing place to be in. But in the same breath I cannot give up on myself or I will really be a lost cause. Please don't give up caring about your best interests.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Nope we cannot give up on ourselves..we cannot..I will not give up as long as I'm here.

It is hard to know what our best interests are. In a window, it is clear what decisions, actions to take. In a wave, well, curl up in a ball that's the best action!

Could one of the mods look at my previous entry. The psychological symptoms are just unbearable. I almost feel like I may need to check into hospital but what will that get me - more meds! I appreciate your time.

PM alto or Petu or whoever...

Just had a massive argument with my grandfather. Him saying we are all trying to help you, but your not helping yourself. Check yourself into hospital and get the help you need. Stop analysing whats wrong with you and go out and live your life. Other people are worse and they still go out and get on with their life. Your going the wrong way and doing the wrong thing. If the medication you are on is causing so much probs, why are you still on it. Just what I needed today!

A lot of doubt in that I am doing the right thing, feeling so awful. Is it over yet.

Your grandfather is ignorant and needs to stop.

You lot will be fed up of my rambling here hehe.

Not going to my housesitting bed and breakfast job - too terrified, confused, anxious, depressed nonfunctional - so disappointed. Feel like I've missed my chance of ever getting away from here and doing something different. But I'm suspecting 'missed my chance' is another variation of 'ill never get better' Both withdrawal thinking/neuro-emotions eh? And the fact that I haven't got better over the last 5/6 years as didn't realise what was wrong - probably doesn't help. Perpetual stuck-ness.

I definitely feel the stuckness. Please try not to be too hard on yourself. I don't think I could have done the b&b thing.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Thanks. The horror of all this is really hitting home. I've lost most of my 20's on these not having a clue what is happening. I feel like I have to learn a lot - how normal adult life works - I've missed so many developmental stages.