LoveandLight: sertraline withdrawal

LoveandLight

I have no experience with this, updosing...etc. but, I think Rhi tried to talk you through a rough patch before. She gives very good advice. She has helped me through a benzo situation. I'm not sure if you have read any of her thread, but she's been through a lot.

So whatever she advised, if I were you I would heavily consider. But, only you know what you need to do for you. All anyone can do is give you their opinion. I hate that. I want answers, but seems like no clear cut ones for us.

Thinking of you... :) maybe you should mop something, that seemed to work the other day...lol

(Just kidding) but, whatever works...

I hope you get some answers to the med situation that are beneficial.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Thank you. I know I should be grateful but it's a shock not to have that clear windows and just blah in between the distress..

I know, I should hold on this dose..physically I'm feeling a bit healthier.

Hope your ok xx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Thank you. I know I should be grateful but it's a shock not to have that clear windows and just blah in between the distress..

I know, I should hold on this dose..physically I'm feeling a bit healthier.

Hope your ok xx

I'm glad you are feeling better physically. That's good. I don't have clear windows, only a lower level of misery. Lol so, I know how u feel, and I'm tempted to dose down the Ativan sooner than I should. But I'm trying to hold here for a couple weeks.

I'm sick actually, but I'm here, so I guess ok.

I hope your windows get clearer soon.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Thanks

Xx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

No doing well. It doesn't feel like I'm in a wave, as I already had an intense wave last week, maybe more this is my norm now. Dersonalisation since last wave, blank empty feeling.

Severe anxiety, despairing thoughts. Also despairing due to life situation..living in parents bnb where will get noisy into spring, I don't get enough disability to cover private rent and it would have to be private rent as stressful in shared flat..isolated..despairing that this has been 6 years of hell and now starting another. Don't feel strong enough for this.

Sorry doom and gloom.

Cannot give in to these thoughts.

Hope everyone holding up.

We all have moments where we don't feel strong enough to endure but we do.  You can too!   I am sorry you continue to feel poorly.  Wish there was something I could say to make it better.  I do alot of praying though and I will and do include you.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

Thank you so much. How are you doing? X

From what I've read, I think I've been experiencing high cortisol symptoms for years since going up down stopping starting meds. Going to try seriphos.

Thank you so much. How are you doing? X

f

I am fighting the flu right now but I am managing. As I am typing this my feet are tingling and it is getting on my nerves big time. Lol. Thx for asking.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

Eww flu on top of this. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Xx

No doing well. It doesn't feel like I'm in a wave, as I already had an intense wave last week, maybe more this is my norm now. Dersonalisation since last wave, blank empty feeling.

Severe anxiety, despairing thoughts. Also despairing due to life situation..living in parents bnb where will get noisy into spring, I don't get enough disability to cover private rent and it would have to be private rent as stressful in shared flat..isolated..despairing that this has been 6 years of hell and now starting another. Don't feel strong enough for this.

(((Hugs)))  So so sorry that you are in the midst of a hard place.  I think that we need to share the despairing feelings too.  We are all going to find a place of healing at some point but getting there is a desolate place at times.  Lots of prayers for comfort for you. 

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

Thank Selma lady hug xx

Horrendous anxiety. It's strange as I haven't done anything different. It has been three months since I went back on 12.5mg after a week at 0. But what's been called cortisol mornings here seems to have started up. I would like to try and work out a better living situation but in this condition, I cannot think.

Awful day 4am anxiety until 2pm and then severely depressed and depersonalisation. Took 800mg instead of 400mg magnesium last night to help the anxiety, wonder if that's made me depressed.

Suicidal, I do not want to go back to the doctor but I don't know how I can endure this..It would be different if I had been relatively well before crashing like this but have struggled terribly for years. I'm going to have to move out of parents and probably into homeless hostel, I do not want them to have to go through seeing me like this. They seem to take it personally, but I actually can hardly speak like this.

J,

Magnesium has made me extremely extremely depressed in the past, I had awful severe suicidal ideation after taking it. So, maybe take that into consideration. Im so sorry you are so bad off. Praying for you J. Hold on!

Thank you this is a nightmare. I just want out.

How did you get through that patch? Xx

Umm, I realized it was the magnesium adding to it and I cried and snorted and snotted until it was over.

Everything that seems to calm makes me depressed. Benzos do that to me, gaba, and magnesium. It just takes me too far down I think. I accidentally took too much Ativan about two months ago (before it went paradoxical on me) and it made me suicidal.

Just hold on, it will pass, or lessen in severity. Just hold on J. I'm here for you.

Thanks, I'm sorry I haven't posted and been there for other people, just in a terribly dark place xx

Thanks, I'm sorry I haven't posted and been there for other people, just in a terribly dark place xx

No apology. All I am concerned with is that you hold on and hang in there. There will be plenty of time for you to encourage others in the future. Right now, just focus on enduring.

A bit better now but I'm just left with depression..it has been there on a constant level since my last few waves. I'm overwhelmed because I'm terrified of how I felt the other day, like it leaves trauma but then I'm left with this all too familiar feeling.

I'm overwhelmed because of my living situation, doesn't seem possible to change right now and just feeling pretty hopeless that I'll get through this or things will change. In my few windows before I would have inspiration of what I'd like to do with my life when better or places/situations that may be better..but all that inspiration has disappeared..I have no good thoughts about the future at the moment or about life really.

What I'm trying to say is all interest engagement with people and the world that returned during windows is lost.

Sending hugs Joanna.

The only way out is through.

Aug 2013 - Augmentin leading to akathisia

Sept-Nov 2013 - Citalopram 20mg, severe reaction, off at 5mg. Valium 4mg, prn

Oct 2013 - 5 zopiclone tablets, 7.5mg

End Nov 2013-end Feb 2014, Seroquel, top dose 150mg, off at 25mg

End Nov 2013-early march 2014, Zoloft 100mg top dose, off at 25mg

End Dec-2013-early April 2014, lorazepam 1mg prn

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - 1mg lorazepam, last ever

29 June 2014 - med free

Thank you. Hugs to you too xx

Negative post warning!

Just have to write here.

So I'm back to depression again. I feel like I've been dealing with this all my life but I'm not sure as my memory feels fuzzy. I know certainly it got to the point of totally non functionality (through withdrawals/poop out) about 6 yrs ago after 8 yrs on meds. But to be going through withdrawals and then to be left with the usual crushing suffocating depression it is too much.

I've tried therapy, diet, hypnotherapy..I just don't know where to turn. I'm horrified at spending the rest of my life depressed. I already haven't been able to build up a life for myself. It doesn't seem like it's connected to any thoughts or feelings, it's just there. I feel like an empty shell. When I had windows - it feels like maybe that wasn't the true me - I had dreams, plans, excitement and passion but now feel dead while still alive - maybe this is the true me. Isolated as I cannot connect with people like this.

It feels that this life is just too heavy and hard with this depression. I simply do not know how I'm going to be able to live with this. I think I've tried everything.

Negative post warning!

Just have to write here.

So I'm back to depression again. I feel like I've been dealing with this all my life but I'm not sure as my memory feels fuzzy. I know certainly it got to the point of totally non functionality (through withdrawals/poop out) about 6 yrs ago after 8 yrs on meds. But to be going through withdrawals and then to be left with the usual crushing suffocating depression it is too much.

I've tried therapy, diet, hypnotherapy..I just don't know where to turn. I'm horrified at spending the rest of my life depressed. I already haven't been able to build up a life for myself. It doesn't seem like it's connected to any thoughts or feelings, it's just there. I feel like an empty shell. When I had windows - it feels like maybe that wasn't the true me - I had dreams, plans, excitement and passion but now feel dead while still alive - maybe this is the true me. Isolated as I cannot connect with people like this.

It feels that this life is just too heavy and hard with this depression. I simply do not know how I'm going to be able to live with this. I think I've tried everything.

Hi there Joanna!  I am so sorry you are feeling this way.  It definitely sounds withdrawal related as you have felt differently when you had windows; remember how that felt as that is the real you, not this you.  I can relate to much of what you wrote.  It is so hard to live this way and to connect with people while in this state as I don't feel like myself at all.  Sometimes when I am talking with someone, it almost makes it worse as it reminds me of how awful I am feeling as I remember not feeling this way when being with this person before when I was well, if that makes any sense.

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg; 4/20/24: 1.09 mg; 4/27/24: 1.06 mg

Prayers for you friend. I'm sorry I can't respond at length right now. :(

Thinking of you.

Thank you JDM, it seems like we are maybe feeling similar atm.

Thank you wantrelief! And I'm sorry that you can relate to this. However, I rarely feel well..in the moments of windows it feels like these are flukes. I don't know what normal is, I either am depressed (and feels like I always have been) or I'm quite high and feeling wonderful but those times are very few.

I am hoping withdrawal is contributing to making the depression you feel worse.  At least that has been my experience - I think I have always had some depression but what I have experienced in withdrawal is so much worse that what I have ever felt before taking medication.

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg; 4/20/24: 1.09 mg; 4/27/24: 1.06 mg

I'm hoping, I just hope this isn't what I'll experience, forever. The reason why I'm doubting is, I'm not in a wave as I normally experience it and the depression in a wave. Thank you for your hope. Xx

Depression again. What annoys me is people thinking it's laziness, or I should be over it by now (which makes me especially mad since natural depression should run it's course after 6 months) which goes to show it's not natural depression or other people are worse so I should be able to just get up and get on with things. If any those people knew what one day like this, never mind at least 6 years acutely like this is like, they would certainly change their mind. Despairing and very angry.

So f******ing angry this is what my life has been reduced to.

Omg I'm sorry whoever had the pleasure to read my angry posts here today.

Massive hugs. No need to apologise..this is how so many people feel.

Don't forget the cursing thread..good to go and have a big vent there.

Thinking of you xx

The only way out is through.

Aug 2013 - Augmentin leading to akathisia

Sept-Nov 2013 - Citalopram 20mg, severe reaction, off at 5mg. Valium 4mg, prn

Oct 2013 - 5 zopiclone tablets, 7.5mg

End Nov 2013-end Feb 2014, Seroquel, top dose 150mg, off at 25mg

End Nov 2013-early march 2014, Zoloft 100mg top dose, off at 25mg

End Dec-2013-early April 2014, lorazepam 1mg prn

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - 1mg lorazepam, last ever

29 June 2014 - med free

Thank you. Been on the cursing thread already

Awful depression again. Agitated. See absolutely no future.