LoveandLight: sertraline withdrawal

LoveandLight

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm going through the same thing, I think its a stage of of recovery.  I'm also having a hard time connecting or of being able to imagine a future.  Hang in there, keep breathing, one moment at a time.  Keep posting.

((((hugs))))

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Thanks Petu.

I hope your ok. Terrible uncontrollable rage today. I'm so pissed off that my life has been reduced to this after years and years of suffering terribly on the ad's. I hope this is just a stage, I feel like just giving up. My quality of life has been 0 for so many years - I have my parents but unable to connect with people for years, hold down work, have a place of my own. I feel I'm going to have to move again, I don't want to rage at my parents but i cannot help being so pissed off at people around me thinking for years and telling me that this anger depression was my natural state. Feeling v sorry for myself and my parents for having to put up with me. Really how long can someone put up with living like this?

Phoned the bristol tranquilliser project yesterday and it was good to speak to someone in person. He reminded me that I came down from 150mg previously and it's all catching up with me probably.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

I'm sorry Joannad, like I've told you before I know exactly how you feel like. I hope this wave goes away soon. 

-Effexor 150 mgs (2001-2009). Severe withdrawal symptoms during and after tapering for 6 months.  

-Pristiq 50 mg (2009-2012) Tapered over a year. Worst year of my life. 

-Prozac 20 mg (2012) Tapered over 6 moths to ease withdrawal. Still had severe WD symptoms. 

- (2012-2014) Doctor tried more than 20 medications for depression and WD, leaving me hypersensitive, and in protracted withdrawal. 

- Most debilitating symptoms during protracted withdrawal have been deep depression, anxiety, brain zaps, fatigue, akathisia, twitching, headaches and terrible PMS. 

-January 2015: Started Lamictal 12.5 mg, increased to 25 mg.- Bad reaction when updosed to 50 mg. Stopped. 

-February 2015: Doctor tried new antidepressant Brintellix - Horrible reaction. Discontinued completely. Severe AKATHISIA started.

-March 2015:  Started TMS therapy (Transcranial magnetic stimulation) for severe depression. Didn't work. 

-July 23-August 12: Had 10 ECT sessions which took away my protracted withdrawal symptoms including: akathisia, brain zaps, muscle twitches, fatigue and depression. Stopped medications. 

-September 2015: Experiencing bouts of depression again and muscle twitching. 

-March 2016: Started 20 mg Nortryptiline for depression. It helped. 

-August 2016: Slowly tapering Nortryptiline. 

Thanks Cdav x

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Started to feel a bit better this afternoon. I wonder if it was pms I've been experiencing..I think so..thank you all for the support.

Terrible uncontrollable rage today. I'm so pissed off that my life has been reduced to this after years and years of suffering terribly on the ad's. I hope this is just a stage, 

Just another part of the story. It too will pass. Feeling bad for losing so many years for this. Knowing that you are never going to get them back. Guess what. Quality is much more important than quantity. That is what we are after here.

08 Cipralex 10mg for about 6 months. 11-12 Cipralex 20mg. Unsuccesful WD. 12-13 Zoloft 100mg with Diazepam 10-20mg as needed for anxiety.
Fall 13 Tapering Zoloft 100->50->25->12,5->0 in 2,5 months and CT Diazepam. 12/24/13 RI Zoloft 12,5mg

1/21/14 11mg

3/18/14 9,9mg

2/18/14 8mg

4/22/14 7,6mg

5/5/14 7,2mg

5/12/14 -> cutting 0,5mg per week, holding when necessary.

8/18/14 -> cutting 0,25mg per week holding when necessary.

10/20/2014 -> cutting 0,1mg per week, holding when necessary.
12/28/2014 Jump!

So happy to read that you felt better this afternoon - wonderful news!

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg; 4/20/24: 1.09 mg; 4/27/24: 1.06 mg

Thanks want relief! I hope your doing ok :)

I'm a bit embarrassed by my whiny posts! It's a total character change! I hope there will be some quality years and for everyone here. <3

So glad to hear you are feeling a bit better.  That's great.  Hope it continues indefinitely.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

Thank you so much. Hope your ok xx

Glad the wave has let up a bit. :)

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Thank you hope your ok xx

I'm happy for you. I hope this window continues. Hold on to it as a reminder that recovery is possible. PMS flares up my WD symptoms very much, especially depression. Primrose oil is supposed to help with this. I was going to try it, but I'm going to wait a little bit because I recently added lamictal, so I want to settle on that. But maybe you could try primrose.

-Effexor 150 mgs (2001-2009). Severe withdrawal symptoms during and after tapering for 6 months.  

-Pristiq 50 mg (2009-2012) Tapered over a year. Worst year of my life. 

-Prozac 20 mg (2012) Tapered over 6 moths to ease withdrawal. Still had severe WD symptoms. 

- (2012-2014) Doctor tried more than 20 medications for depression and WD, leaving me hypersensitive, and in protracted withdrawal. 

- Most debilitating symptoms during protracted withdrawal have been deep depression, anxiety, brain zaps, fatigue, akathisia, twitching, headaches and terrible PMS. 

-January 2015: Started Lamictal 12.5 mg, increased to 25 mg.- Bad reaction when updosed to 50 mg. Stopped. 

-February 2015: Doctor tried new antidepressant Brintellix - Horrible reaction. Discontinued completely. Severe AKATHISIA started.

-March 2015:  Started TMS therapy (Transcranial magnetic stimulation) for severe depression. Didn't work. 

-July 23-August 12: Had 10 ECT sessions which took away my protracted withdrawal symptoms including: akathisia, brain zaps, muscle twitches, fatigue and depression. Stopped medications. 

-September 2015: Experiencing bouts of depression again and muscle twitching. 

-March 2016: Started 20 mg Nortryptiline for depression. It helped. 

-August 2016: Slowly tapering Nortryptiline. 

Thank you, I may try this. I'm frightened to try much though. I'm not in a window, I'm waking up at 4 with such gut-wrenching, stomach dropping dread and the rest of the day depersonalisation and emotional flatness...I'm glad your doing better, really glad, CDAV :)

Feel like I want to start the taper now after holding at 12.5mg for 3 months..I feel like I've 'flatlined' into total dullness and emotional blunting and feel that the wave experienced last Friday was down to taking too much magnesium and this horrible week has been pjs. May make a .5mg drop.

Pjs! Lol PMS! I mean

Joannad, I totally understand the PMS thing. Before being medicated with Zoloft, my pms was so awful I often wondered if I had PMDD--I would get so sad and cry all the time, start arguments with my husband (then my boyfriend) over the smallest things. Last week when a work-related e-mail triggered this w/d to go into full effect (or maybe the initial stage was over and now it's in a second stage--I haven't quite gotten all these ideas down yet), I was 3 days pre-period and OMG did it show. And I just couldn't recover and haven't been able to. So I know what you've been feeling. And I dread it coming on again next month. 

All those years on the Zoloft I the only pms problems I had were increased hunger and other physical symptoms. I didn't miss these ONE BIT. Hang in there. 

Started Zoloft 07/06, continued through 07/08 (2-month taper, going downhill 6 weeks after stopping [w/d?]) 

Lexapro started 12/08, Lexapro increased/Buspar and Topamax added in '09, continued through 08/10 (3-month taper, disastrous results after 3 week [w/d?]) 

200 mg Zoloft started around 9/10; been between 150 and 200 mg Zoloft since then, also on Topamax and Deplin, and tried things for sleep like Trazadone (worked for a while), and Ambien, Lunesta, and Mirtazapine (all failed) 

--Started tapering 200mg Zoloft--

6-26-14 (150 mg); 7-14-14 (100 mg); 8-20-14 (50 mg); 10-25-14 (25 mg); 11-18-14 (12.5 mg); 12-2-14 stopped Zoloft 

anxiety started 3 days off, depression 12 days off; both severely intensified at 5 weeks off with a work-related trigger and got progressively worse for 10 days 

Reinstated Zoloft 12.5mg on 1-15-15 (one day at 25mg) after 6 weeks and 2 days off 

Also taking 100mg Topamax and 15mg Deplin 

Thanks watching tv..I never had PMS though when I was stable on zoloft and before I ever took it.

So, I'm wondering if I should make a cut or I'm being a bit hasty.

I think I'm panicking and believing all my thoughts. The thoughts are - I need to get off this drug as it's made me Ill. I won't ever return to any sort of life while on this drug. I've been ill in withdrawal/ poop out for 6 years, I may be ill for another six years.

Reading about mindfulness. The more I'm panicking, the more I'm adding fuel to the fire. More relaxed and more space.

Oh Joannad, I know all about the panicking and believing all your thoughts, I've been doing nothing but this since 2:30 a.m. after only 2 hours of sleep. I wish I could offer a solution, but recently I told my therapist that all mindfulness was doing was stressing me out. We hadn't gotten very far into it when I started into w/d and I'm not very good at it, and it shows--whenever I do it, it's such a struggle and just backfires. 

It's so difficult when the drugs have robbed us of so much for so many years and the pain is so great and the road ahead is so unknowable. I feel for you SO much right now. I don't have any advice about making another cut, b/c I don't know ANYTHING. I am so clueless and lost, but I am hoping for you. 

Started Zoloft 07/06, continued through 07/08 (2-month taper, going downhill 6 weeks after stopping [w/d?]) 

Lexapro started 12/08, Lexapro increased/Buspar and Topamax added in '09, continued through 08/10 (3-month taper, disastrous results after 3 week [w/d?]) 

200 mg Zoloft started around 9/10; been between 150 and 200 mg Zoloft since then, also on Topamax and Deplin, and tried things for sleep like Trazadone (worked for a while), and Ambien, Lunesta, and Mirtazapine (all failed) 

--Started tapering 200mg Zoloft--

6-26-14 (150 mg); 7-14-14 (100 mg); 8-20-14 (50 mg); 10-25-14 (25 mg); 11-18-14 (12.5 mg); 12-2-14 stopped Zoloft 

anxiety started 3 days off, depression 12 days off; both severely intensified at 5 weeks off with a work-related trigger and got progressively worse for 10 days 

Reinstated Zoloft 12.5mg on 1-15-15 (one day at 25mg) after 6 weeks and 2 days off 

Also taking 100mg Topamax and 15mg Deplin 

Thanks watching tv..yeah I know the lost feeling.

I was quite relaxed at some points today and then terror hit..I'm not sure how to deal with this at all...

Things are changing a bit..good and bad.

I wake up at 4am with dread, go back to sleep to nightmares, wake up at 7 but cannot get up..so anxious. Eventually manage to force myself to get my medication, drink and do yoga.

Some positive that I am noticing is that I am able to feel into my body more. I've spent so long being disassociated from my body but I didn't realise it until yesterday and today not that I've started to feel my body more. So that's good.

I'm just hearing the traffic outside just now and the noise fills me with dread again..normal life resumes outside and the feeling of being separate from normality is horrible.

Still experience terror, not like a feeling in my body though, it's nothing that I could pinpoint, it's just overwhelming terror and then thoughts of 'will I ever have a normal life', 'will I ever return to work' will I be alone the rest of my life' which seems to keep the cycle going. Or these thoughts happen, and I've been able to let them go more and more but other times, they catch me, catch a whiff of the terror then I'm back in the cycle again.

Oh and although not the greatest week, I have not had a totally unbearable suicidal day since last Friday!

Thank you for stopping by my thread, Joanna. Hope you can get some answers with regard to your updosing.

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Thank you luv2knit :)

No, now, I'm wondering whether to go DOWN. I'm getting quite agitated again..this is something that has been a constant for 6 yrs so I feel that it's actually the sertraline that's causing it rather than withdrawal symptoms.

What do mods think? Try a drop in dose? My intuition, for what it's worth says that it is the sertraline that's causing this type of agitation..

Thank you.

So stupid, I know but I've been dealing with this agitation for so long that I thought it was just anxiety and I kept being told by professionals that this is just a symptom of anxiety.

You could try a 5% drop to 11.875mg and if that goes well, try a 10% drop the next time. Do you have your liquid sertraline and syringes ready? Follow the 3KIS suggestions and carefully note your symptoms on paper.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

Yes all ready..

The thing is I am still experiencing withdrawals from my recent too fast taper -anxiety in the morning, confusion. But the agitation having to put up with that when I think the med is causing it, well I am impatient now and dealing with this too long. I will try this cut, it does feel right to do so.

Thank you.

Does it need to be that exact - 11.875 or could I round up to 11.9? Actually I think I may need another syringe to do this..

Oh I feel better just having decided this. I don't know how it's going to go. But to finally figure out that this particular horrible feeling has been caused by the med - pretty sure - it's about flipping time.

For a syringe that measures each cc in tenths, eleven and 9 tenths is one tick shy of 12 (assuming your liquid is diluted so that each ml of liquid is 1mg.) What is your dilution strength?

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

For a syringe that measures each cc in tenths, 9 tenths is one tick shy of 12 (assuming your liquid is diluted so that each ml of liquid is 1mg. What is yours?

Oh I feel better just having decided this. I don't know how it's going to go. But to finally figure out that this particular horrible feeling has been caused by the med - pretty sure - it's about flipping time.

Please make a note of how your emotions and thinking influence how you feel.

Ideally, you'd feel nothing with this drop or a mild decrease OR increase in symptoms, temporarily, until your body adjusts.

Edited by cymbaltawithdrawal5600
I repeated myself

Will dig it out and post later. Thanks for your help. :)

I feel a little excited actually..I've just realised that this is the longest I stuck out the awful depression etc from withdrawal that I thought was my natural state and excited that I feel a little more in control in sensing that the agitation is the meds..progress maybe after 6 beyond hellish years..how silly am i?!

No 'sillier' than the rest of us, hummm?

Yeah haha no :)

I'm glad for you that you're going to be able to taper again.  I will surely be praying that it will bring some relief.  Just hoping that you will go sooooooo slowly on your taper, especially this first one.   I thot that I was going to be able to take on a taper and just the changes I made have put me in a horrible wave/setback.  Not to discourage---I'm so uber sensitive.  Tiny steps in the beginning to "test the water".   (((Joanna)))  Please post a lot and let us know how its going.

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-