Faithbarelysurviving: Too damaged?

Faithbarelysurviving

Faith, I can't answer your pm because for some reason my PMs aren't going through.

2001-04 Polypharmacy to include Paxil,Celexa, Risperdal, Seroquel, Depakote, Ambien, Geodon, Valium, Ativan, Haldol

03/04-11/04 Abilify

11/04-05/07 CT Abilify Non symptomatic

6/07 took Valium, began to experience altered reality and physical symptoms of withdrawal from Valium.

07/08. Abilify 2 mg, 12/08 Abilify 1 mg, 03/09 Abilify 0 mg, 03/08-06/11Altered reality but fully functional

10/12 hospitalized, Invega Depot, 2 shots discontinued, severe insomnia

6/14-10/14 flexeril, discontinued, developed insomnia; 10/14 10 mg Doxepin I week, no help with insomnia; 10/14 Remeron for two days, paradoxical reaction

Present Risperdal 1mg, clonazepam 2 mg, Restoril 15 mg. Went from .5 to 1 to 1.5 to 2mg of clonazepam in 2014. Also in 2014, tapered from 2 mg risperdal to 1.5 (fairly slowly but still too fast) and had to up dose back to 2 mg. Got liquid risperdal and started from 2 mg again.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Faithbarelysurviving

• Altostrata

• btdt

• bluebalu86

Top Posters In This Topic

Don t worry Adagioo.

Thank you so much

Please have patience and read : a great Mental Health Care System indeed/Never been hospitalized prior to starting meds

-Not sure all is accurate:2005 Diag. with major depression and anxiety after second birth

-switched AD,getting worse (maybe:Celexa, Effexor, Wellbutrin-diagnosed with bp

-Zyprexa, stopped it fast, got hosp.,Seroquel incr. at 300mg, wors. depr, akathisia bad,

-changed dr.,dropped Seroquel 300mg to 100mg !!!-

-new dr.got me off Seroquel in 1 mth at home!!Lamictal to help...getting worse,was also taking Clonazepam

-severe muscle twiches, dp/dr,neck and shoulder muscles tight straight like cement, psychotic, bedridden for 1yr

-Got put on Zoloft in the hosp.,and 3 mg of Clonazepam, "Stabilized" some after some months, 5-6,

-Came off Zoloft by dropping some weekly, not knowing better!debilitating symptoms, got back on, tried to reduce Clonazepam after research.Prof. Ashton; hosp., asked dr. to follow Dr Ashton, he dropped 3 mg Clon. in One day!put on much less Valium...hysterical,pain,rage,couldn t breathe,akathisia etc etc

-Zoloft up to 200mg!, hyperv. muscles tight like cement...my dr., on vacation!!Other dr red.zoloft, gave me Remeron

Current meds:Buspirone 20mg,Tegretol200mg,Trazadone 50 mg,Clonaz. 3mg,Escital.15mg,Propran.20mg,Bupropr.150mg,Baclofen30mg,Gabapentin200mg, taken 4 times/day in various comb

Faith, what does your husband say about your condition and this whole situation? Does he support you in any way? 

During the day, are you able to get out of bed? Do you eat regular meals? Do you manage to shower?

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

Faith,

I have read through your thread, and I really feel for you and the suffering that you are going through.

If you are want to recover, you have to take action. You do have a choice . You don't have to stick with your current doctor. There are carring doctors out there that can help you to recover and get you off the medication.

You need to find support to get off the meds. Maybe it is too much for you to deal with alone.

Can you go to a private clinic or a wellness clinic to get help? Wellness clinics offer in house support. It can be costly. But in your situation maybe it would be worth it. You need to find the right support so that you don't have to deal with this alone. If you decide to get off the drugs alone, please start recording dosages/decreases in a callander or diary. It would make it easier for you to keep a track of all the medication that you are decreasing.

Do you have access to community mental health network? Social worker? Anyone that can help you? Please stop referring to your self as "evil ". If you were truly "evil",you would not be asking for help. If you were trully, "crazy ", you would not be able to differentiate what is real or what is not. Weird thoughts would appear as normal to a "crazy", person. You are able to express your self coherently and you are aware of what is going on with you. I really hope that you can find help and support that you need to piece your life together. Do it for your self, your children and husband. You deserve a happy life. Best wishes ,Hopefull.

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

Hopefull, i am crying. Honey i am too damaged. No i do not know what is happening. The pain migraines i don t know how to call them are so excruciating.

Blu,no i don t think i am able to. There have been too many horrible withdrawals in the past, horrible reactions on drugs antipsychotics that is why i am soo bad. Nobody can help, my system has been abused too brutal.

My husband doesn t realize how sick i am or maybe he does. There were times in the past when i think i was better and soo informed about these poisons, but my system is destroyed because of added ones me trying to withdraw not knowing how probably and ending back on them. It may have been the benzos i took for years.... The drs. In the hospital years ago i think when i was forced to take seroquel, after taking me fast off because of bad bad reactions, they didn t know what to do with me anymore and i got worse and worse other meds until i got disabled mentally and crazy....

I need to lay down now i am sorry

Please have patience and read : a great Mental Health Care System indeed/Never been hospitalized prior to starting meds

-Not sure all is accurate:2005 Diag. with major depression and anxiety after second birth

-Zyprexa, stopped it fast, got hosp.,Seroquel incr. at 300mg, wors. depr, akathisia bad,

-new dr.got me off Seroquel in 1 mth at home!!Lamictal to help...getting worse,was also taking Clonazepam

-severe muscle twiches, dp/dr,neck and shoulder muscles tight straight like cement, psychotic, bedridden for 1yr

-Got put on Zoloft in the hosp.,and 3 mg of Clonazepam, "Stabilized" some after some months, 5-6,

-Came off Zoloft by dropping some weekly, not knowing better!debilitating symptoms, got back on, tried to reduce Clonazepam after research.Prof. Ashton; hosp., asked dr. to follow Dr Ashton, he dropped 3 mg Clon. in One day!put on much less Valium...hysterical,pain,rage,couldn t breathe,akathisia etc etc

-Zoloft up to 200mg!, hyperv. muscles tight like cement...my dr., on vacation!!Other dr red.zoloft, gave me Remeron

Current meds:Buspirone 20mg,Tegretol200mg,Trazadone 50 mg,Clonaz. 3mg,Escital.15mg,Propran.20mg,Bupropr.150mg,Baclofen30mg,Gabapentin200mg, taken 4 times/day in various comb

Can you go to a private facility, welness clinic? I hope you find your way to make your self better.

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

Hopeful I don t think I can

Altostrata, how do I know if the clonazepam has gone paradoxical on me?

Thank you

I think my dr. is ok to work with me and get off the meds. I think he said it. The thing is that any change i feel it like crazy, just like with Buspar. That is how sensitive i am and i do not want to end up in the hospital, i want to taper off slowly at home. I hope Altostrata and the other moderators and everybody else are still with me....I need you all and if i am going to end up in the hosp God help me....

Coming off Buspar brought other symptoms, maybe we can do it slower or stop and try to reduce something else.

Any thoughts on this anybody?

• Administrator

I think all of your drugs are causing serious adverse effects. It's going to be difficult to tell if clonazepam has gone paradoxical, I don't want to even try working on your benzo dosage and I wouldn't want to put that on Skyler, either.

You can taper at any rate you wish, Faith. It's not going to be easy going off at any rate. The longer you're on all those drugs, the worse the damage to your nervous system and body. If you want to stay on them, stay on them. That's your choice.

Do it your way. It's far too frustrating for me to discuss this further with you. I hope you understand.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Ok Altostrata let us do it your way. And please try not be frustrated at somebody that is in hell. I need help...

Please try to understand my situation from the heart too

• Administrator

No more games, Faith. I will not take any further responsibility discussing tapering with you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I am not playing Altostrata. Thank you for everything

• Moderator Emeritus

Would you like me to help you keep track of your buspar decreases Faith?   (Is that Buspirone?)

As Alto said , it's not really possible to tell which drug is causing what reaction at this stage.    But we have to start somewhere , so do you want to continue decreasing buspar?

What dose are you taking now?    

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

I've been following the thread for 4 days now, and 4 days ago she decreased her dose.  Thus, Faith is supposed to decrease her dose again TODAY.  So try to remind her of this fact next time she's here.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks oskca.    

Today is July 10  ,  Faith do you want to do a decrease today?

What dose have you been taking , and what will the new dose be?

You can do this Faith , you have alot of support here.   We need to focus on the meds. and the management plan at this stage , more than the details of your experience.    We understand how bizarre and frightening it is , and want to help you get back to your usual self.

xxx

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

I think i have horrible horrible akathisia and maybe other things

It feels soooo hard to breathe

I cannot focus on anything else because that is all my mind and body is doing now

When I decreased buspar things got worse. I am maybe addicted to all this poison. I need to talk to a dr or somebody he needs to see me and know what is truly going on. Right now i feel violent i feel worms in my legs like i want to smash my whole self to something and more. I am so sorry but i cannot go out of my head these things control me and my mind horribly horribly

I might be addicted to all these meds so how can I go off and how can I endure this hell.... I was reading a bit of a thread on akathisia I think it was by yo Fresh and that s me plus twiches and clonus etc etc

And that is the thing that it takes over my mind God i am like a monster very anti social very everything.

So Buspar I take is: 7.5 mg a.m.

5mg pm

I tried to decrease 1/4 of 5 mg pm and got more suicidal, I put it back and it turned into worse twiching and probably akathisia and violenc and anger....any move i make i am trapped like.... I don t sleep, i know i am not rational very down cannot plan anything there are no days for me...

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you Faith.    I know how the sense of unreality takes over , and it's hard to keep track of anything.  

Would you prefer to sit on your current dose for another little while , or continue decreasing?

I totally agree with you that you have severe akathisia , the suicidal urges are part of that.   When I got better ALL of the akathisia symptoms went away . . . none of it is permanent.  

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Wait a bit. Thank you for caring

Faith, what does your husband say about your condition and this whole situation? Does he support you in any way? 

During the day, are you able to get out of bed? Do you eat regular meals? Do you manage to shower?

Blu he doesn t understand. Tells me to get up from bed, that inam not trying hard enough....

During the day i am so sick, during the night as well, i try to drink water and i ll make a sandwich when i can if i know what i am doing but i probably do it even if i don t know what s happening. I may take a bath it is hard to say and soo hard to do. Hugs my neighbour

I've been following the thread for 4 days now, and 4 days ago she decreased her dose.  Thus, Faith is supposed to decrease her dose again TODAY.  So try to remind her of this fact next time she's here.

Thank you oskajga, for everything

No sleep at all

Hang on, Faith. We're all here for you.  I understand , "no sleep".  Keep going.  Hugs.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Alig, hugs. Pray for me please

Faith,

I think you need to go to the hospital to get off these drugs with help from people who will monitor you. You can't think straight enough to do this on your own.

Please go to the hospital. You need help getting off these drugs.

Love, Pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

I took 1000 mg of niacin and for some minutes or more my mind got a bit clearer, more positive, the flushing of niacin felt so good, the horrible tightness and stiffness and sensations subsided and i was more "normal". Then it went away and all the hell broke loose.it was like switching light of and on God.... Any thoughts?

I know Pig, but what if they take out CT..... what if they give me antipsychotics or God nows what???? What I am still having protracted withdrswas from valium a yr and a half ago plus these meds.... That is how I went in the hospital , much better, tehen CT almost off valium and all these meds added to "help" my withdrawal.....I want to try at home God.....They take you off fast off the drugs God ......

Anybody what is your opinion on niacin break that I had? Hospital is a baasaad place God.... They will put me on antipsychotics . I want to try it at home God.....

Okay, sweetheart. Keep trying to taper off every four days then, okay?

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

I don't know how much niacin you can take. Don't exceed the maximum daily amount on the bottle.

I think Faith should go to the hospital.   Bring the pills in a bag just like Altostrata suggested.  That's really the only option now.