Hannahe: Leean's daughter - tapered Wellbutrin now on Buspar

Leean

9 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Are these symptoms continuous?

Are you getting any exercise? Do you like to swim or bike?

How has EFT been working for this?

It seems like every couple of nights and now I feel like it’s progressing during the day and so on. 

I was going for walks, but it’s been a few days. 

Eft hasn’t been working so much I feel. 

Do I have a chance of this stopping while still on meds before I start another taper? Or am I stuck with this until I’m completely off? 

Originally at 100 mg Zoloft and 150 mg xl Wellbutrin for ten years. 

Abruptly dropped 50 mg of Zoloft April 2018.

Cut Wellbutrin in half (75 mg) for a month in December 2018.

Cold turkeyed Wellbutrin January 2019.

Reinstated Wellbutrin half of 150 xl (75 mg) in January 2019 and added Xanax.

ER visit iv of 5 mg Haloperidol.

Finished Xanax taper, cold turkeyed Wellbutrin February 2019 and added 10 mg buspar twice daily.

Tapering buspar

50 mg Zoloft at 10:00 am

2.5 mg buspar at 9:00 pm 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hannahe

• Altostrata

• ChessieCat

• puthappinessfirst

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

You need to take regular walks. It would be a good idea if you saw your therapist again.

I expect this will gradually go away in a few days. What are you taking in fish oil and magnesium?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

You need to take regular walks. It would be a good idea if you saw your therapist again.

I expect this will gradually go away in a few days. What are you taking in fish oil and magnesium?

I hope it does go away... it’s been around the past couple of weeks or so, on and off but more frequently on now... I’m honestly afraid of it getting worse because so. 

I take omega via fish oil and I eat chia seeds, walnuts/almonds daily and now eating salmon more 

magnesium I was getting from epsom salt baths, but I have been reacting to those. I have tried banana tea and I also have a smoothie every day with banana, spinach, avacado, berries, chia and coconut water. 

I have a hard time driving myself anywhere at this point. The feelings of inner restlessness is like pent up energy I need to get out, so maybe more exercise will help. 

I really hope I am not stuck this way. I understand it’s something that will pass eventually being off meds, I just don’t want to be stuck in limbo here, cause I’m still on the meds after the abrupt changes. 

Its just too much. I need rest. 

Also, what did you mean by I shouldn’t have a problem tapering the Zoloft? Should I be tapering it right now? Still on the night time dose of buspar too..

Finished Xanax taper, cold turkeyed Wellbutrin February 2019 and added 10 mg buspar twice daily.

Tapering buspar

• Administrator

Please stop worrying about tapering Zoloft and the rest of the Buspar.

Hannah, it seems to me that your extreme worry about what you cannot control or predict for the future is causing a lot of problems for you. Also, you are thinking of yourself as a sick person instead of one who is working on recovering.

Yes, you might be restless because you're being a potato. Please get that walking in and start seeing your therapist again.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

25 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Please stop worrying about tapering Zoloft and the rest of the Buspar.

Hannah, it seems to me that your extreme worry about what you cannot control or predict for the future is causing a lot of problems for you. Also, you are thinking of yourself as a sick person instead of one who is working on recovering.

Yes, you might be restless because you're being a potato. Please get that walking in and start seeing your therapist again.

You said something about tapering the Zoloft in one of the last comments. I wasn’t sure.

I guess I’m thinking of myself that way because most days I struggle to even do anything. It’s all a very painful process as you know. 

I did take a walk today. It was alright. A lot of dp/dr when I take walks, but it might of helped me through the rest of the day. It wasn’t a bad one. 

The weather here has not been helping me. It’s been raining all summer. Seems to really get me down now that I’m off 3/4 of my pills. I got one of those happy lights, but I’m afraid it might be too stimulating when I already have the inner restless stuff happening. 

Tapering buspar

• Moderator Emeritus

light-boxes-light-therapy-for-depression-and-sleep-disorders

It would be best to start with only using it for a short amount of time and gradually increase it.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

11 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

light-boxes-light-therapy-for-depression-and-sleep-disorders

It would be best to start with only using it for a short amount of time and gradually increase it.

Thank you 

Tapering buspar

I tried to get my buspar filled for a 3 month supply. They said that in Michigan they can only do a 30 day supply for phychosis medication.. I understand buspar was initially supposed to be used as an antipsychotic, but it’s not. However that freaks me out considering the problems antipsychotics cause. 

Tapering buspar

Hi Hannahe,

You remind me so much of myself. It is REALLY hard to not obsess about this stuff. 

Honestly, almost impossible. 

Don't worry about whether Buspar is an AP or not. 

And don't worry about the side effects of AP medications. 

You're not on one. 

All psych meds carry significant side effects that pretty much none of us were warned about, it's why we're here. 

Try and do anything you can to relax.

Continue going on walks, deep breathing, tapping. 

Can you focus on a book? Getting wrapped up in a good book is really helpful as well. 

Celexa 10mg: 2007 to June 2018, stopped CT

No meds: June 2018 to December 2018

PROTRACTED WD-- major depressive episode for 2+ weeks

Lexapro 10mg: December 12, 2018 to January 19, 2019, severe adverse reaction

Celexa 10mg: January 20, 2019

June 24, 2019: 9mg

July 22, 2019: 8.5mg

Jan 8, 2020: 8mg

Aug 25, 2020: 7.2mg

Supplements: Magnesium, Fish Oil

17 minutes ago, puthappinessfirst said:

Hi Hannahe,

You remind me so much of myself. It is REALLY hard to not obsess about this stuff. 

Honestly, almost impossible. 

Don't worry about whether Buspar is an AP or not. 

And don't worry about the side effects of AP medications. 

You're not on one. 

All psych meds carry significant side effects that pretty much none of us were warned about, it's why we're here. 

Try and do anything you can to relax.

Continue going on walks, deep breathing, tapping. 

Can you focus on a book? Getting wrapped up in a good book is really helpful as well. 

I know.. it’s SO hard not to obsess! It’s because I don’t know what my future looks like.. even tomorrow! 

I tapered down the buspar significantly while already in CT withdrawal. I’m also afraid of crashing again because of it. I only take the 2.5 mg at night now and was on 20mg a day... wasn’t on it long, but 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Ughhh!!! I don’t think I can focus on a book. I do world puzzles when I can to distract me. 

Tapering buspar

• Administrator

Good to hear the walk went well. Please do it every single day, look around you for things that are pretty or funny. You might take photos of interesting sights, too.

Buspirone is not an antipsychotic. It's sort of a non-benzo anti-anxiety drug.

Hannah, you don't have to come off Zoloft or buspirone. If you're afraid, you don't have to make any more changes. You can reduce your drugs some time in the future when you're not afraid of doing that any more.

Now, since you don't have to come off your drugs, you don't have to worry about coming off your drugs. Please work with your therapist on your tendency to worry.

My dog passed away this morning... I want my life to go back to normal. I want this pain to go away. This is all too much. 

Tapering buspar

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh Hannahe,

I am so very sorry for your loss!  And hugs.......

And oh my gosh, I'll wave my pretend magic wand too.......wishing you some comfort and peaceful moments today.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Im so sorry!

My dog is ridiculously old and I know she wont be around much longer... the thought alone breaks my heart. 

You'll get through this, strong thoughts with you! 

❤️ 

Celexa 10mg: 2007 to June 2018, stopped CT

No meds: June 2018 to December 2018

PROTRACTED WD-- major depressive episode for 2+ weeks

Lexapro 10mg: December 12, 2018 to January 19, 2019, severe adverse reaction

Celexa 10mg: January 20, 2019

June 24, 2019: 9mg

July 22, 2019: 8.5mg

Jan 8, 2020: 8mg

Aug 25, 2020: 7.2mg

Supplements: Magnesium, Fish Oil

6 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Oh Hannahe,

I am so very sorry for your loss!  And hugs.......

And oh my gosh, I'll wave my pretend magic wand too.......wishing you some comfort and peaceful moments today.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Thank you ❤️

1 minute ago, puthappinessfirst said:

Im so sorry!

My dog is ridiculously old and I know she wont be around much longer... the thought alone breaks my heart. 

You'll get through this, strong thoughts with you! 

❤️

Thank you ❤️

Tapering buspar

• Mentor
6 hours ago, Hannahe said:

My dog passed away this morning... I want my life to go back to normal. I want this pain to go away. This is all too much. 

So sorry to hear this Hannah, losing a dog is a very painful thing. My thoughts are with you.

warmest wishes,

Rich

= medication taken now

2007 quetiapine to March 2019 200mg

2019 quetiapine March to present 225mg 

2007 citalopram to present 40mg 
2018 March Abilify 5mg  
2019 Abilify February rapid taper over 3 weeks from 5mg to off

2019 March Clonazepam as required, taken very occasionally, then taken 0.5mg for 2 days 28th and 29th March, now phased out

2019 1st April reinstated Abilify 0.5mg / day 

2018 to 2020 Liquid B12 2g twice daily (diagnosed B12 deficiency) 

2020 July reduced quetiapine to 200mg

2022 October began taper of Abilify

31 minutes ago, RichT said:

So sorry to hear this Hannah, losing a dog is a very painful thing. My thoughts are with you.

warmest wishes,

Rich

Thank you ❤️

Tapering buspar

• Administrator

I'm so sorry, Hannah. This must be very hard for you. Here are some virtual (((((( hugs ))))))

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hannahe, 

My heart goes out to you, I’m so sorry about the loss of your dog, sending big hugs🤗💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm so so sorry. I know the pain of losing a fur baby very well. To go through it during withdrawal is a one-two punch. Sending healing energy your way!! 💔

2016 - Zoloft 50 mg for klonopin w/d

Approx. Nov 2017 - successful taper of klonopin; Approx. Jan. 2018 - rapid taper Zoloft over 2 wks - no w/d symptoms; May 2018 - Reinstate 50 mg Zoloft per doctor; Aug 2018 - Rapid taper Zoloft over 3-4 weeks - no w/d symptoms for 1 mo.; Late Oct 2018 - pdoc rx'd 5mg lexapro -took for 1 wk; Early Nov 2018 - Reinstate 25 mg Zoloft; updose to 37.5 on Nov 28, 2018; Nov 30 2018 - returned to 25mg Zoloft upon mod. advice; Dec 9 - Dec10 2018 - 12.5mg zoloft liquid+12.5mg zoloft pill; Dec 11 2018 - 25mg zoloft all liquid; Feb 14 2019 - updosed to 26.25 mg liquid; Mar 6 2019 - updosed to 26.88 mg liquid - new symptoms; Mar 13 2019 - back down to 26.25 mg per mod suggestion

Dose Changes: Dec 2 2019 - 5% to 25mg; Jan 14 2020 - 10% to 22.5 (increase in sxs all month); Mar 10-15? 2020,  accidental updose to 25mg; Mar 22 2020 - back down to 22.5mg; Apr 12 2020 - 2.5% to 21.94mg; Apr 19 2020 - 2.5% to 21.375mg (symptom increase); May 17 2020 - 2.5% to 20.625mg; May 24 2020 - 2.5% to 20.1mg - Jun 14 2020 - noticed uptick in symptoms settled 2 days later - July 10 2020 - onset of wave

9 hours ago, Altostrata said:

I'm so sorry, Hannah. This must be very hard for you. Here are some virtual (((((( hugs ))))))

Thank you ❤️😞

8 hours ago, Dejavu said:

I'm so so sorry. I know the pain of losing a fur baby very well. To go through it during withdrawal is a one-two punch. Sending healing energy your way!! 💔

Thank you ❤️

9 hours ago, Carmie said:

Hi Hannahe, 

My heart goes out to you, I’m so sorry about the loss of your dog, sending big hugs🤗💚

Thank you ❤️

Tapering buspar

On 6/27/2019 at 1:43 AM, Altostrata said:

Good to hear the walk went well. Please do it every single day, look around you for things that are pretty or funny. You might take photos of interesting sights, too.

Buspirone is not an antipsychotic. It's sort of a non-benzo anti-anxiety drug.

Hannah, you don't have to come off Zoloft or buspirone. If you're afraid, you don't have to make any more changes. You can reduce your drugs some time in the future when you're not afraid of doing that any more.

Now, since you don't have to come off your drugs, you don't have to worry about coming off your drugs. Please work with your therapist on your tendency to worry.

Alto, I know I worry a lot. It’s very hard not too. 

I found out they shot me with a Haldol injection of 5 mg in the hospital back in Febuary. I remember having a reaction to it at the time. 

What are your thoughts on this? Can one injection of 5 mg screw me up? 

Tapering buspar

• Administrator

The Haldol wears off and your nervous system settles down over time.

Please be aware that if you exaggerate or dramatize your symptoms in front of a doctor or when you go to the hospital, or cry, yell, scream, or say you're going to kill yourself, they may very well give you an injection or other large dose of psychiatric drugs. That is what will happen. No knights on white horses.

12 hours ago, Altostrata said:

The Haldol wears off and your nervous system settles down over time.

Please be aware that if you exaggerate or dramatize your symptoms in front of a doctor or when you go to the hospital, or cry, yell, scream, or say you're going to kill yourself, they may very well give you an injection or other large dose of psychiatric drugs. That is what will happen. No knights on white horses.

I recently put two and two together. I actually had akathisia when I reinstated the Wellbutrin and that is when my mom knew something was really wrong and took me to the Er. That’s when they gave me an iv of the 5 mg Haldol which made it worse.

the next day I was taken to the psych ward and they gave me a dose of Ativan which allowed me to get some rest and then the day after I was taken off the Wellbutrin once again and that’s when they added the buspar to my Zoloft.

I wish I would of known earlier what that terrible feeling was, I would of not touched the buspar. I feel it again, but not as strong. Hopefully it passes on these smaller doses.

Tapering buspar

• Moderator Emeritus

I've moved your post asking Earthworm how they are to Earthworm's Intro topic here:  earthworm-stuck-in-dirt

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

Has anyone cold turkeyed one medication while still having others to get off of? 

I am attempting to heal from this, so I can start a slow taper, but I have not found anyone who has had a similar situation. 

Tapering buspar

• Administrator

Hannah, I moved your new post here.

The answer to your question is "of course." You're not going to find anyone in your exact situation, though.

Rather than opening up new topics asking questions to find out what your future holds (nobody knows), you might visit other Introduction topics of people who went off Wellbutrin, and ask them questions.

What are your current symptoms that you attribute to going off Wellbutrin?

6 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Hannah, I moved your new post here.

The answer to your question is "of course." You're not going to find anyone in your exact situation, though.

Rather than opening up new topics asking questions to find out what your future holds (nobody knows), you might visit other Introduction topics of people who went off Wellbutrin, and ask them questions.

What are your current symptoms that you attribute to going off Wellbutrin?

Idk anymore what’s wellbutrin, what’s Zoloft and what’s buspar. I do know my symptoms. Somehow I struggled with aka for a day and was able to settle down and praying it doesn’t come back. It was agitation before it turned into aka again. I’ve been having jerks and face twitches in my sleep. Dizziness feels like it’s creeping and being off balance. Nausea came back on hard for three weeks, but yesterday and today have been better. They all feel like they’re creeping which I hate. I somehow have been lucky thus far with having equal amounts of windows and waves. Just hoping coming up on six months doesn’t ruin all that for me. 

I guess I just want to find people who’ve done it the way I have and made it through for some hope. Not necessarily knowing their symptoms, but knowing they made it out on the other end and how much time it took for that. I know it can cause problems trying to get off meds after a cold turkey, especially if you’ve had aka.

I don't want want to go through this for another 5-10 years because of these mistakes. 

Tapering buspar

• Administrator

You need to use EFT more. How are you doing with daily exercise and seeing your therapist?

If you want to talk about your symptoms, we need to see daily symptom notes. Please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms. You can post them in this topic with a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

33 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

You need to use EFT more. How are you doing with daily exercise and seeing your therapist?

If you want to talk about your symptoms, we need to see daily symptom notes. Please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms. You can post them in this topic with a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

When I can I go for walks. I can’t drive so I don’t see a therapist as of now. 

Tapering buspar

• Administrator

Hannah, you need something to do during the day rather than worry. Are they any activities you can walk to? A community center, a library where you can volunteer?

6 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Hannah, you need something to do during the day rather than worry. Are they any activities you can walk to? A community center, a library where you can volunteer?

It’s too much to leave the house. /: symptoms are too bad 90% of the time and then when I do give it a shot it amps me right back up. 

I do word puzzles, I’m reading baylissa’s book, I go for walks when I can and hang out with my dogs. I watch Netflix and meditate. That’s about it right now. 

Hoping to start some crafts maybe when I’m feeling up to it. 

9 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

I live 15 minutes out of town in the country 

Tapering buspar

My arm completely just jerked itself. I’m used to this happening falling asleep since this has been going on, but never when I’m fully awake doing stuff. However, it has been worse the past few nights. Now it’s showing up mid day. Is this regular withdrawal or some movement disorder? 

Tapering buspar

• Moderator Emeritus
11 hours ago, Altostrata said:

If you want to talk about your symptoms, we need to see daily symptom notes.

7 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

I had notes I was writing daily in a journal and then I just stopped doing it. I will have to start again.. 

Tapering buspar

There are literally people online who are saying they have had akathisia for ten plus years and are saying it can be permanent. What is that?! Is that nonsense? Akathisia is not a natural state. I understand you have to be more careful if you’ve had it in the past, but I’m starting to think maybe some of these people are full of **** 😡 sorry I had to rant some place. This is the type of stuff that makes people lose hope in their healing. 

Tapering buspar