Beardeddad22: Introduction, mirtazipine withdrawal

Beardeddad22

• Moderator Emeritus

I'd stay with the same method then, to try a small updose with then tonight.

Then keep up with a nice 24 hour Note on your google doc, as well as keeping us updated here.

Fingers crossed, or hopes are with you and this, that you do start to feel at least some decrease in symptoms over the next 4-7 days.  And sleep is forthcoming, less interrupted and anxiety thought ridden.

Sounds like even a little bit of decreased symptoms would be a Godsend right now for you.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

2 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

I'd stay with the same method then, to try a small updose with then tonight.

@manymoretodaysdo you think going to 2.8mg would be my best amount to updose to right now?

2001-2018 Paroxetine

2018-2020 100mg Desvenlafaxine

2018-2020 Lamotrigine 50mg

2020 - Tapered off Desvenlafaxine and Lamotrigine at the same time over 4 weeks per GP. 

2020 - Abilify, Risperdal, Escitalopram, Prozac

2020 - Seroquel - Dr. CT after 5 months due to akathisia ended in hospital, 6 month recovery

Currently on:

Mirtazipine - 1.87mg currently. Started @ 22.5mg, reinstated at 1.87mg 10/6/21 after 6 month taper to 3.75 was off for 16 days before reinstatement 

Clonazepam - 0.5mg sparingly

Lamotrigine - 25mg/2x daily

Daily symptom diary

• Moderator Emeritus

I don't know for sure Beardeddad22.  We're each pretty individual, and I just think it's worth a try to updose now.

I just think it's wiser, and more along the lines of harm reduction, to go slowly with any updose now.

It may be that if 2.8 mg helps even just a little, you may want to go back, just more gradually.......ultimately to 3.75 mg.  Or stay put at 2.8 mg before resuming any further tapering.

Time will tell, and careful observation.  I tend to be cautious.

Have asked for other staff input as well.

mmt 

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

26 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

I don't know for sure Beardeddad22.  We're each pretty individual, and I just think it's worth a try to updose now.

I just think it's wiser, and more along the lines of harm reduction, to go slowly with any updose now.

It may be that if 2.8 mg helps even just a little, you may want to go back, just more gradually.......ultimately to 3.75 mg.  Or stay put at 2.8 mg before resuming any further tapering.

Time will tell, and careful observation.  I tend to be cautious.

Have asked for other staff input as well.

Sincere appreciation for your help @manymoretodaysand anyone else that chimes in

2001-2018 Paroxetine

2020 - Tapered off Desvenlafaxine and Lamotrigine at the same time over 4 weeks per GP. 

2020 - Seroquel - Dr. CT after 5 months due to akathisia ended in hospital, 6 month recovery

Currently on:

Mirtazipine - 1.87mg currently. Started @ 22.5mg, reinstated at 1.87mg 10/6/21 after 6 month taper to 3.75 was off for 16 days before reinstatement 

Daily symptom diary

• Administrator

Have looked at your daily notes, which are incomplete lately. What have you done with the lamotrigine over the last 2 weeks?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

2 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Have looked at your daily notes, which are incomplete lately. What have you done with the lamotrigine over the last 2 weeks?

I have continued to take it regularly in the morning. 

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

• Administrator

What time o'clock in the morning do you take lamotrigine? How do you feel before and after taking it?

This important information is missing from your daily notes. We need to know when you take your drugs and how you feel before and after taking them. Identifying drug effects is the purpose of the daily notes.

I see you had a work upset recently. Are you still feeling affected by this?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I take it between 8 and 9am. I haven't noticed much of a difference after taking it. Yes I am still feeling the affects of work and it is looking like I need to seek another job. 

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

I also am getting over a very bad cold/flu. Possibly covid not sure as I didn't get tested so that has also played a part in me feeling run down. 

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

• Administrator

Has your sleep been affected by this anxiety? This could have a big effect on the way you feel.

It appears you went off lamotrigine with desvenlafaxine in 2020. When was the lamotrigine added this time around? What was the reason?

8 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Has your sleep been affected by this anxiety? This could have a big effect on the way you feel.

Yes it has been but also even when I am not so anxious I still have trouble sleeping. 

8 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

It appears you went off lamotrigine with desvenlafaxine in 2020. When was the lamotrigine added this time around? What was the reason?

I was taken off of it originally because I switched my pdoc and we weren't sure if it was working. I went back on it because after I came off of seroquel and had adverse reactions I was nervous to go on anything so she me on it until we could decide on next steps. I went back on it around September of 2020. 

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

Also to note more than 50mg of lamotrigine gave me a rash so I can't go higher than 50mg

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

• Administrator

Since you're already adapted to lamotrigine, you might divide the dose, take 25mg in the morning and 25mg in the evening. It's one of those drugs that can be more effective in smaller dosages.

You might find it calming.

Did you always have high anxiety? Is that why you went on psychiatric drugs in the first place?

4 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Did you always have high anxiety? Is that why you went on psychiatric drugs in the first place?

Yes I was put on them when I was 16, in hindsight I think I was just a normal anxious highschooler, but have had anxiety my whole adult life too, became more extreme in my 30s though. 

6 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Since you're already adapted to lamotrigine, you might divide the dose, take 25mg in the morning and 25mg in the evening. It's one of those drugs that can be more effective in smaller dosages.

I will give that a try.

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

You might find it calming

Do you think maybe I should try this before attempting an updose? Trying to figure out if I should change my Mirt dose tonight 

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Alto.

Yes Beardeddad22.

Just one change at a time.

So hold on any updose right now.

And get that Daily symptom diary going, with complete- ness again, as you are doing the change with Lamotrigine.

You can also try some of the non-drug coping too.  I think I got you linked up to some.

And keep us updated.  Please.  Thank you.

💜

Edited by manymoretodays

Started this morning with 25mg lamotrigine

Didnt really get a great night sleep last night, overall broken and was  awake for the day early

Anxiety is there, not overwhelming but enough. Depression is still there. Took magnesium glycinate as i usually do in the morning and evening, i can't tell if it helps ease the anxiety, i think it may.

Praying for some relief soon

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

The depression is real today 

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey dad,

2 hours ago, Beardeddad22 said:

Anxiety is there, not overwhelming but enough. Depression is still there. Took magnesium glycinate as i usually do in the morning and evening, i can't tell if it helps ease the anxiety, i think it may.

Good to hear the magnesium helps with the anxiety....even if just a little bit.

And good to see you got your 25 mg morning dose of Lamotrigine in as well.

Try and stay consistent with the dosing times, within an hour for your medications.......I was just glancing at your notes again and noticed some variances.

And then wanted to get you the Lamotrigine topic here on your Introduction too.  It may be helpful to you in getting to the dosages you need now, from what you have on hand, and what it comes in.

Lamictal(lamotrigine) topic

Real depression today huh?  There, there......hang on, and distract as much as you can.  It'll come, it'll go again.  Just ugly thoughts and ideas......not the reality at all sometimes.

Good on the notes too, I saw today's so far.

It may be up to a week before you note positive changes but do be sure to note any positives throughout each day.  It will help lift you a bit.

The importance of recognizing when you are feeling good

even if it's just for an hour a day.....notice it, embrace it, let it grow.........

Non-drug techniques to cope

^ take a look at the indexed list

Does music help?  Sometimes even playing music without lyrics can be helpful.  And here is a good topic from that list you might enjoy:

Music therapy/music for wellness and healing

Hey, if your up to it, talk to the other members on their threads, and offer support.......that can help a bunch too.

And I've got you in my prayers too!

And best, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

• Administrator

Please be sure to take the lamotrigine doses 12 hours apart, at the same times each day, and note how you feel before and after each dose.

Lamotrigine itself can dull emotions but the split dose may have less of this effect.

An adverse effect of clonazepam can be depression.

• Administrator

What do you mean by "depression"?

7 hours ago, Altostrata said:

What do you mean by "depression"?

I mean feeling very down, hopeless with a pattern of negative thinking. 

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

• Administrator

Do you have any thoughts connected with these feelings?

3 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Do you have any thoughts connected with these feelings?

Sometimes I feel a lot of worry, sometimes no and its just physical feelings of depression.

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

• Administrator

If you are worrying about your job, family, etc., those are thoughts under your control. You might work with a counselor or therapist on techniques to manage stress.

How often do these physical sensations occur? Are they related to the thoughts?

Are you getting daily exercise? At least 1/2 hour per day of gentle exercise, such as walking, is important to recovery from drug effects.

19 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

If you are worrying about your job, family, etc., those are thoughts under your control. You might work with a counselor or therapist on techniques to manage stress

I do currently see a therapist as well. 

19 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

How often do these physical sensations occur? Are they related to the thoughts?

Pretty regularly. Maybe not every day all day but more often than not lately and usually carries throughout the day. Typically not related to my thoughts.most times I will usually wake up feeling that way and am unable to shake it. 

40 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Are you getting daily exercise? At least 1/2 hour per day of gentle exercise, such as walking, is important to recovery from drug effects.

Admittedly, no. I don't get enough exercise. I take my dog for a walk twice a day but usually only 10-15 minutes each time. 

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

• Administrator

Your dog would enjoy more walks with you!

I have noticed a trend since being on this dose of mirt. Shortly after taking my dose at night I get uncomfortably agitated. Until I started this dose I never had this issue. 

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

• Administrator

How long does this sensation last? Do you get sleepy later?

How long does this sensation last? Do you get sleepy later?

Typically the rest of the evening sometimes rolling over into the next day. It's not consistent that I get sleepy, I'd say 50% of the time I do. 

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

• Administrator

You might reduce to 1.70mg, see if this reaction goes away.

Did you divide the lamotrigine?

3 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Did you divide the lamotrigine?

Yes I have been doing 25mg in morning and 25mg at night 

You might reduce to 1.70mg, see if this reaction goes away.

Do you think I should wait until I've acclimated to the recent change in lamotrigine or since I'm still taking 50mg daily it won't matter much? I'm slightly nervous to lower mirt mainly because ive been so insanely groggy in the morning and throughout the day since I reinstated at this dose, I've heard that lower doses it gets worse. 

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Beardeddad22,

I'm just taking a look at your daily notes now.

What happened yesterday, the 13th of November?

I'm not seeing that morning dose of 25 mg Lamotrigine.

Could be an error, but did want to check.

And then going back, I see that you began the 25 mg and 25 mg Lamotrigine split 12 hours apart, on the 11th of November.

Does that gel with you, or sound right?

And oh so hoping the job hunt goes smooth, and your family tolerant and ever so supportive.

And hugs.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

45 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

What happened yesterday, the 13th of November?

I'm not seeing that morning dose of 25 mg Lamotrigine.

Could be an error, but did want to check.

Yes I just edited that it was a mistake. I have been splitting it daily. 

46 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

And then going back, I see that you began the 25 mg and 25 mg Lamotrigine split 12 hours apart, on the 11th of November.

Does that gel with you, or sound right?

Yes that is correct. 

46 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

And oh so hoping the job hunt goes smooth, and your family tolerant and ever so supportive.

And hugs.

Thank you so much. I'm nervous especially since I've been a little off as of late. I do have very supportive family. Thank you fir the kind words. 

2001-2018 Paroxetine

Currently on:

Daily symptom diary

• Mentor

@Beardeddad22

Stopping by to let you know I think you are doing a great job holding all this together.  This is a tough battle getting off/on these drugs.  

I'm sure you have added stress with your job situation and having a young family, a new baby on  the way.

You know you will be okay.  I have some very low mood and hopeless thoughts at times.  You wonder how you are ever going to feel right again.  Be patient and kind to yourself, do not believe in the neg morphed thoughts or feelings.  Did you know that your feeling can be lying to you, even your thoughts.  Look deep inside and you will see the real you, the strong you. The you that is willing to make it through each day.

Try to remind yourself that all this, thoughts, emotion, anger, anxiety, depression, body sensations these are all happening to you from the chemicals of the drugs, this is not you.  

Have you read any success stories?  These people are amazing and so are you.

Here are a few to start out with

http://Aeroman - I have recovered from Lexapro and Cipro

http://Cocopuffz - 11 years on paroxetine. It's nothing but a bad memory now. I am now free!!

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/22768-☼-kena-8-months-in-withdrawal-after-ct/#comment-484027

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Lamictal  taper  4/17/ 2022 25mg, 9/9/ 22 -20mg, 9/25/22- 15mg , 10/20/22-   0

Trazodone..2023.>down to 14mg, 7mg, 6mg  July 2023   0

Xanax  0.0625 3 x a day,  2023>  0.042 3x a day

Supplements  Magnesium glycinate, Omega 3, D3, vitamin c , zinc, NAC 

• Administrator

@Beardeddad22, how do you feel before and after each lamotrigine dose?

Your daily notes would be very helpful.