LotusRising

• Administrator

Stick with 0.0625mg. No more corrections on the fly.

You may or may not continue to feel paradoxical effects from your earlier dosage escalation. You're going to have to surf the waves.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

@Altostrata @Frogieit is the paradoxical reactions that worry me the most. Just confirming, you don’t think I should reduce my last two doses to less than .0625?

2003-2009 on and off various SSRI's for short periods, Ativan prn

2010-2011 Ativan, up to 1.5mg/day - tapered off without issue

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2016 - Effexor 75mg, short-term

2021 Mar -Jun Buspar ADR at high dose, tapered 3 months

2021 Aug Wellbutrin 150mg for 5 days (ADR), then MIrtazapine 7.5mg for 7 days (ADR)

Oct 22/21 - Direct switch ativan to clonazepam (don't do this)

Tapered clonaz Oct/21 - Apr/23  - 0mg!

Supplements: omega-3, mag-glycinate

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

*** Please do not send me PM's ***

• Administrator

The paradoxical reactions will fade as the dose is metabolized. We can't work with the inconsistent dosing. No more ad hoc corrections. Stick with 0.0625mg.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

@Altostrataok thank you. I just needed the reassurance. I took the .0625, but I did take it late. Should I take the next one 4hrs from the last one, or at my usual time. 

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2021 Aug Wellbutrin 150mg for 5 days (ADR), then MIrtazapine 7.5mg for 7 days (ADR)

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

• Administrator

Take it in 4 hours from the last dose, but tomorrow, get back on your regular schedule. We will need to see the notes over at least 24 hours, as usual.

@Altostrata @Frogie ok will do. Sorry for the escalation. The paradoxical reactions last long and are scary. I will stick to the doses you tell me to take. I don’t want to experience that again. 

@Altostrata @Frogie

Day 1 Oct 31 Notes 

0600          clonazepam 0.0625mg

0630-830  slept

0830          chest tightness/anxiety 4/10

tinnitus, mild

0900           chest tightness/anxiety 5-6/10, did a 40min walk, 20min meditation

1000            clonazepam 0.0625mg

1050            some chest tightness 1/10, mild scalp burning

1050-1400  symptom-free

1400            clonazepam 0.0625mg

1400-1500  chest tightening up 4-5/10, breathing, meditation

1515             mild tinnitus

1530-1645  symptom-free

1700             transient anxiety 2/10, lasting about 10-15min

1750             another small wave of anxiety

1800             clonazepam 0.0625mg

1845             anxiety 4/10, chest tightness 2/10, restlessness - went away in approx 30min

1930-2100   symptom-free       

2100             in bed reading, asleep by 2230

0200            woke briefly, back to sleep

0445            woke briefly, back to sleep

0600            clonazepam 0.0625mg    

Just a quick glance of your notes, it looks like you’re starting to have less severe anxiety.

Good news!

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Yes, it does feel that way @Frogie :)

Great news!

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

• Administrator

How do you feel when you wake in the morning, before taking the 6 a.m. clonazepam dose?

@Altostrata this morning I did not have anxiety before taking my 0600 dose. 

• Administrator

Please continue on this schedule, symptoms may be smoothing out.

@Altostrata @Frogie

image.png.8b94386dd30a293de90e6c50b33bb9e1.png

Is it possible the anxiety attack I had, starting at around 1700, and the chest tightness, could be buspar withdrawal symptoms? Or do you think this is my body adjusting to the lower dose of clonazepam?

The chest tightness feels somewhat "chemical" in nature, as in, I've had generalized chest tightness before, but somehow this seems nerve related, if that makes sense at all.

Cortisol surges, akathisia, agitation

I'm trying to understand the difference between these three. I've been getting surges of what I call "anxiety" where my heart rate will suddenly start to increase and I feel like I need to keep my body moving and breathe very slowly to prevent panic from setting in. These surges can last up to two hours. Is this a cortisol surge? I also have episodes where my chest will start to tighten on it's own - I can physically feel it tightening over a very short period of time and sometimes it stays like this for over an hour. Sometimes meditation and breathing help, and other times not. Is this also cortisol?

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with intro topic

• Moderator Emeritus
47 minutes ago, MedRN said:

Cortisol surges, akathisia, agitation

I have merged your new topic with your Introduction topic.  Before creating a new topic, please do a search to see if there is existing topic.  SA likes to keep similar information in one topic which makes it easier for other members to find the information/discussion.

There are many existing topics on SA where members discuss symptoms.

I suggest you do a search for these symptoms individually.

The site search is one option, the other is using an internet search engine and add site:survivingantidepressants.org to the search term.  If you do not find what you are looking for try using a different word for the symptom.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Sorry about that @ChessieCat I’ll see if I can find what I’m looking for with a search. So in future, if I want to post, I just add to my own introduction topic?

• Mentor

@MedRN  I think some of them are one and the same.  I sometimes get little panic surges in the early mornings that start in my stomach and ramp up.  If I sit in it and let the surge happen it dissipates but I can have general anxiety at the same time,  low energy running through me.  I also get were my brain is in a panic and feels like it has to find it's way out of a maze and then my body feels like it has to run or bolt. I feel like I am on the verge of a panic attack.

I can get the intense tight energy in my body  and I feel like I am panting to breathe, short of breath and it is hard to talk straight. 

Do you get the tingling that runs through your body, arms and legs?

I do not have the need to move some part of my body like some.  Just the underline restlessness.  Sometimes there is a couple of symptoms going on at the same time. 

It can be relentless and a vicious cycle.  

Hang in there❤️

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Lamictal  taper  4/17/ 2022 25mg, 9/9/ 22 -20mg, 9/25/22- 15mg , 10/20/22-   0

Trazodone..2023.>down to 14mg, 7mg, 6mg  July 2023   0

Xanax  0.0625 3 x a day,  2023>  0.042 3x a day

Supplements  Magnesium glycinate, Omega 3, D3, vitamin c , zinc, NAC 

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, MedRN said:

Sorry about that @ChessieCat I’ll see if I can find what I’m looking for with a search. So in future, if I want to post, I just add to my own introduction topic?

SA works differently to many other forums.  Each member has their own Introduction topic.

Your Introduction topic is the best place to ask questions specific to your own situation and also to journal your progress.  This keeps your history in one place and means that you do not have to repeat your story.  Your Introduction topic also is a case study, which medical professionals can use.  One of SA's missions is to educate the medical profession about psychiatric drugs, their adverse effects and withdrawal from them.  There have already been research papers that have been written using some of the members case studies.

SA staff regularly check for new posts by members in the Introduction forum.  Because the site is very busy, the small number of staff may not see posts made in other areas of the site.

BTW Please do not tag me (see my signature).  Thank you.

Tagging the staff for general things can cause them unnecessary stress.  This is a large forum with a lot of members needing assistance from a small number of staff.  The SA staff are unrostered and unpaid and assist members as and when they can.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Administrator

Cortisol surges happen in the early morning, due to the normal cortisol peak.

Your symptom pattern appears to be smoothing out on your current clonazepam schedule. Please continue to post daily notes.

You will need to surf the bumps, and keep yourself from panicking. That generates more distress on top of the chemical surges.

@Altostrata 

Yes, it does feel like things are smoothing out and I'm doing what I can to prevent myself from panicking.

Here are my notes for Nov 2

Day 3 clonazepam .0625mg 06/10/14/18

0600    clonaz .0625mg

0730    chest tightness 2/10, tinnitus

0830    chest tightness 4-5/10, heart pounding but heart rate normal - breathing/meditation exercises

0915     drove to grocery store, slightly anxious

0930.   had a short panic attack at the store, left store around 1000 and panic started to subside

1000.    clonaz .0625mg

1400.    mild increase in chest tightness - breathing exercises for 30mins

1400.    clonaz .0625mg

1500.    went for a 30min walk

1600     tinnitus

1700.    feeling a little uptick in anxiety, chest starting to tighten - breathing/stretching exercises 30mins

1800.    clonaz .0625mg

some itching to scalp, mild

1830.    went for a 30min walk

2020.   mild, free-floating anxiety

in bed reading

2200.   asleep

0450.   woke briefly, but no anxiety or tightness and back to sleep

0600.   clonaz 0.0625mg

@Greatful yes, I know what you mean about feeling on the verge of panic. It is definitely taking practice and control to manage these symptoms so they don't escalate. It's the out of the blue surges of anxiety that I find the most difficult to tolerate, as they seem to come out of nowhere. But, I'm starting to be able to notice the tension building, which is my clue to either get out for a walk or do some breathing exercises. Trying to keep myself as calm as possible most of the time and not exposing myself to situations that are too anxiety-provoking. No, I don't get the tingling that runs through my body. I get some tingling in my feet and scalp at times, but just randomly.

Thanks for checking in :)

@Altostrata

Here are my Day 4 notes

I have definitely had a lot more anxiety overnight, nothing over the top, but was not able to sleep. I'm wondering a little about the accuracy of my scale. I'm guessing my doses vary from .057 to .065, which when I do the calculations, could be a substantial change in total dose.  I'm waiting on the arrival of a better scale and capsules today or tomorrow. Can I assume that I should be ok to continue dosing at .0625mg with the new scale, or will this seem like too much for my body? Thanks so much for your time. I really appreciate it.

Nov 3 .0625mg 4x/day

0600   clonaz

0845   generalized chest tightness/neck tension

0915   30 min walk

1000   clonaz

1030.  tinnitus

1200.  meditation

1300.  25min walk

1400.  clonaz

1420.  20min meditation

1750.  mild anxiety 2-3/10, mild burning/itching to scalp

1800.  clonaz

1900.  25min walk

2050   in bed reading

2200.  anxiety 3/10, using sleep meditations

2300.  still awake, anxiety 3/10

0100.   maybe dozed a bit, anxiety 3-4/10

0140.   mild hunger/nausea

0300.   shaky, anxiety 4-5/10

0530.   some burning sensations to scalp, tinnitus, anxiety 4/10

0600.   clonaz

• Administrator

Is your tinnitus better or worse after you take a dose of clonazepam?

@Frogie how about liquid clonazepam?

@Altostrata @MedRN

Liquid is certainly an option. If you could get it from the dr that would be even better.

If not you would have to dissolve it in vodka and then add water to make the solution. @brassmonkeyI’m sure could help me with the vodka and water ratio.

@MedRN

What are your thoughts on trying liquid? I found it much easier when I was tapering the Lexapro, but I was able to get a prescription from the dr for it.

@Altostrata

The tinnitus comes and goes, I wouldn't say it's every really that bad, but I can definitely pay closer attention to it over the next couple of days relative to my dosing. Would more tinnitus suggest too much, or too little? I definitely have some tinnitus and chest tightness right now and my last dose was at 1800.

I did have quite a bit of chest tightness/adrenaline surges today and kind of a rough night, but I'm assuming this is the waves and windows pattern of withdrawal. I'm getting somewhat more used to it, so it doesn't scare me as much. And I will have a better scale tomorrow. I've also spoken to my pharmacist and he thinks he can make a liquid for me. I have an initial psychiatrist appointment next week, which I am not looking forward to, but I was kind of waiting on that prescription to ask about the liquid preparation. Does that sound reasonable?

@Frogie @Altostrata 

My pharmacist said it doesn't come in a liquid and I'm not that confident with mixing up my own a this point. Perhaps it is something I can ease into. I'm only just getting the hang of weighing and think it will be much more accurate with my new scale.

Just now, MedRN said:

@Frogie @Altostrata 

My pharmacist said it doesn't come in a liquid and I'm not that confident with mixing up my own a this point. Perhaps it is something I can ease into. I'm only just getting the hang of weighing and think it will be much more accurate with my new scale.

Ok we can stick with the scale for now and ease into it when you get more comfortable with the process. 

• Administrator

Please be careful to note any symptoms you get after taking a dose that were not present before you took the dose, with the time o'clock  of the symptom. We need to know when tinnitus gets worse.

Any doctor can prescribe these drugs, even a compounded liquid, it doesn't have to be a psychiatrist.

@MedRN

I just found this online:

Clonazepam Rosemont Oral Solution is a clear, pale straw coloured liquid which smells of menthol. It comes in a brown glass bottle holding 150ml of solution and with a 2.5ml/5ml double ended spoon with 1.25ml measuring line.

It does indeed come in liquid form.

1 minute ago, Frogie said:

@MedRN

I just found this online:

Clonazepam Rosemont Oral Solution is a clear, pale straw coloured liquid which smells of menthol. It comes in a brown glass bottle holding 150ml of solution and with a 2.5ml/5ml double ended spoon with 1.25ml measuring line.

It does indeed come in liquid form.

@FrogieOh, interesting, and this is in Canada? Can I ask where you found this info so I can pass on to my pharmacist?

3 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Please be careful to note any symptoms you get after taking a dose that were not present before you took the dose,

@Altostrata Would this be within the hour of taking it, or when it is reaching its peak effect? I think in general, I am noting most symptoms, but will pay closer attention.

• Administrator

@Frogie that Rosemont is in the UK. But compounding pharmacies in Canada should be able to make clonazepam liquid.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, MedRN said:

@Altostrata Would this be within the hour of taking it, or when it is reaching its peak effect? I think in general, I am noting most symptoms, but will pay closer attention.

Since you're taking 4 doses a day, it could be any time between doses.

@AltostrataOk, I will post 24hr notes tomorrow and pay close attention for Nov 5 notes. Thanks again for all your help. 

7 hours ago, Altostrata said:

@Frogie that Rosemont is in the UK. But compounding pharmacies in Canada should be able to make clonazepam liquid.

Ooops, my mistake. I apologize for that. I do know my insurance will pay for compounding if a specific request is sent by the dr.