Moonlitelotus: introduction/body zaps/questions

Moonlitelotus

Thank you pugknows!

Your words are helpful and reassuring. I needed it this morning so far because it's been kinda a rough morning. I have felt nauseated and my whole body aches. Going to take to take an Epsom bath soon.

I have already encountered some really wonderful people on here. I can't find that link on petunias thread to that story you are talking about. Is there anyway you could post it here? I would appreciate that. :)

Still haven't been able to eat much. I wish my appetite would come back. How long would two .5mg doses of prozac take to get out if the body. I know it has a long half life but I'm wondering with such tiny dose what it might be. I imagine its contributing to me still feeling sick.

I started out on zoloft 50 mg or 20mg (can't remember at that point) and was on it for a few months then decided I didn't want to take it because of the side effects so I cold turkey'd it and then was miserable and reinstated and all my symptoms went away and I felt normal. Stayed on it for a while tried lexapro 5mg for a month or two instead to see if I had less side effects. Then switched back to zoloft 20mg I think and weaned down to 6mg and jumped off too soon because it supposedly wasn't a "therapeutic dose" and was told it would be ok. Then I was going through withdrawal again so I reinstated again after about a month I switched to prozac because it's easier to wean off of supposedly. Weaned off over 9 month from 8mg Prozac. Then two months after stopping it on September 2, 2014. I went into withdrawal.

18 months off as of March 2, 2016

How long do people usually feel worse for after failed reinstatement? I'm still nauseated and have no appetite.

I started out on zoloft 50 mg or 20mg (can't remember at that point) and was on it for a few months then decided I didn't want to take it because of the side effects so I cold turkey'd it and then was miserable and reinstated and all my symptoms went away and I felt normal. Stayed on it for a while tried lexapro 5mg for a month or two instead to see if I had less side effects. Then switched back to zoloft 20mg I think and weaned down to 6mg and jumped off too soon because it supposedly wasn't a "therapeutic dose" and was told it would be ok. Then I was going through withdrawal again so I reinstated again after about a month I switched to prozac because it's easier to wean off of supposedly. Weaned off over 9 month from 8mg Prozac. Then two months after stopping it on September 2, 2014. I went into withdrawal.

I'm scared because I've started throwing up again. Is it good that I tapered 9 months before stopping my Meds? Even though it may have been too fast still. Does that give me a little better if a chance at a faster recovery? I'm feeling doomed right now that it's going to take me 7 years to recover. :( I feel even more doomed that I tried to reinstate. I was definitely better than I am now before I tried to do that. I feel so dumb.

Don't beat yourself up. You are healing as evidenced by your WD symptoms.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

I feel so sad about this mostly because my mom is so stressed out that this is something other than withdrawal. I keep trying to reassure her that it is just withdrawal and that I will get better. It will take time though and I have to stop stunting my progress by taking things to try and fix it. She just gets so upset to see me suffer and is worried and it makes me sad.

I know Moonlite. We moms love our kids and want to "fix" everything for them. She just can't this time. She can just be there to hug you and hold you.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

I wish science new more about this...I feel like I have the flu right now.. What do I do? This is from the prozac. Do I just have to ride it out? Is there any cause for concern? Have others had this happen?

There's nothing you can do but ride it out.  Our bodies are amazingly good at bouncing back when left alone to heal.  It's not doing you any good to keep worrying about whether you messed things up by reinstating, since you can't change that now.  Just focus on the future and your healing.  You'll get there.

Paxil 20mg 1994-2005
Tried to quit twice, finally did it on my 3rd attempt in 2005.

I went from 20mg to zero in about four months, believing at the time that it was a reasonable taper.  It wasn't.  I suffered mostly emotional symptoms: frequent episodes of "anxious depression" lasting for about 17 months before it got noticeably better.

Are there any problems with taking Tylenol? I have a headache... I've got ice in the back of my neck and forehead

I think taking Tylenol would be fine.  I took pain relievers in withdrawal.

Paxil 20mg 1994-2005
Tried to quit twice, finally did it on my 3rd attempt in 2005.

I went from 20mg to zero in about four months, believing at the time that it was a reasonable taper.  It wasn't.  I suffered mostly emotional symptoms: frequent episodes of "anxious depression" lasting for about 17 months before it got noticeably better.

Ok I feel achy and like a might have a fever so I'm just worried... I don't have a thermometer tho :/ probably should get one.

• Moderator Emeritus

I can't find that link on petunias thread to that story you are talking about. Is there anyway you could post it here? I would appreciate that. :)

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=66397.0

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

So very very happy to read that. Going to have my mom read it too. Thank you. It made me cry actually lol

I have a mild fever 99.6.. My body aches I have a head ache and I'm nauseated. This started after taking prozac. The fact that a have a fever concerns me though.

Lots of people experience experience flu like symptoms with WD, it's sometimes referred to as the "Paxil flu" but any drug can cause it. Of course, with the Paxil flu you won't have a high fever, but I guess it's possible to run a low grade fever with it. Normal body temp ranges are from 97-99 so you are only slightly above that.

a.k.a JMarie

Paxil since Mar.1998

2006-2007:40-20mg
2009: 20mg to 14mg 2010: 14mg to 10.5mg 2011: 10.5 to 7.6mg  2012: 7.5 to 6.8mg

2013: 6.7-6.3mg 2014: 6.2mg-5.8mg 2015: 5.7 to 5.15mg 2016: 5.1-4.6mg

1/19/17: 4.5mg 3/17/17: 4.4mg

6/15/17: 4.35mg 8/10/17: 4.3mg

1/29/18: 4.1mg 5/07/18: 4.0mg

7/31/18: 3.9mg

I just hope this stops soon. it is worrying me that I continue to throw up and have a fever. I guess it could be the regular flu but this started after taking prozac. Am I withdrawaling from the prozac I took? Taking a Tylenol helped I think. It brought the fever down and stopped the head ache and body aches. Still nauseated. I'm wondering if this is taking so long to stop this time than with trying lexapro because prozac has a long half life.

• Moderator Emeritus

Moonlite , it's most likely that this isn't going to stop soon.   You know that from reading other people's threads , and from the advice you've been given.

Settle in , it's a long ride.    :blush:

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

I was not this sick before taking it!!! I'm feeling freaked out.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

Thank you. :)

So today I feel slightly better. At least at the moment. I started my period on time. Which is a good thing because that means my hormones are regulated so I'm happy about that. I was having off periods for a few months. My last one was a 40 day cycle and this one was my regular 30. So hopefully that's a good sign of my body starting to figure some things out.

I have not felt as nauseated but still have had slight nausea today so far but right now it has subsided. Appetite is better but still not good but managing to keep things down.

Achiness has gone away and I don't feel feverish at the moment but temp is still 99.4. Was 98.1 when I woke up but I did just get out of a hot bath so raised temp is probably from that.

I have dizziness again that is coming and going. I can't wait for it to go again. I'm still feeling fatigued and out of it. These are some symptoms that have come back that originally went away or were going away. Dang it! Oh well they will go again..

My ears are ringing really loud at the moment. :/

I had a good long cry in the bath. Today is the anniversary of my dads death. It's been 9 years without him. Can't believe its been that long already.

Does anyone have an idea as to why if you weaned off over 9 months and stabilized each time you dropped your dose why withdrawal still sets in when you stop the medication?

• Moderator Emeritus

G'day Moonlite - 

I came here first to see what was going on before answering PM.

There's nearly always a delayed reaction before the hard stuff settles in.  Sometimes, it's as late as a year or two later!

Why the delayed reaction?  I was just PMing with a friend about this.  Stuart Shipko seems to think that it's situational - perhaps your miscarriage started the pains of withdrawal. (I saw that on the pregnancy thread)  Perhaps the memory of your father;s death and your loss of him is deepening the shadows for you.  There are all kinds of trauma that can throw you into a tailspin - being diss'd by a friend, dominated by a Mom, abused by a father or stepfather, rejected by a boyfriend, losing your home, your job - the list is endless.  But here's the thing:  you can ruminate and postulate all you want - you will never really know why.  

You may develop insights into how your behaviour REACTED to those traumas, but you will never know.  For example, because of experiences I had when I was 17, there is a certain type of man that induces panic and hatred in me.  Okay, the trauma helps me understand why I react that way, and gives me a bit of power over my reaction - BUT I CANNOT CHANGE WHAT HAPPENED.

You are still exhibiting signs of impatience.  I know that pain and suffering are not your gig, but that's true for everyone.  It's how we deal with the pain and suffering that make us what we are.

You are walking through a dark forest, of scary trees and hoot owls and coyotes, and your spine tingles with fear and every shadow seems to jump out on you.

If you identify with the forest, and say "I am the forest," it will get worse and worse until you think you are the forest, and never come out the other side.

If however, you realize, "this is the forest, I am NOT the forest, I am Moonlitelotus" then the shadows will amazingly become silly, and the dark trees and chilling coyote calls will seem less threatening.  And eventually, Moonlitelotus will see through the trees to the sky ahead (a window) and realize that even though there may be 10, 20, 100 valleys (waves) in between here and the clearing - eventually - you will come out of the clearing into the light of day.

All you really have is the path ahead of you.  I'm so thankful that you have stopped messing with your doses, that you are going to stay free of them.  Please stay the course and continue to hold, don't muck about.   Yes, you will still have symptoms for 3, 6, 9 months, a year, 2 years, or life.  But those symptoms will decrease over time.  Really they will - you are in the depths of that withdrawal forest right now - but you are not the forest.

Ruminating on "should I, would I, could I?" is only going to keep you in the forest longer.

Look here to learn about Rumination, and how it is self defeating:  (no I am not a Buddhist, nor do I play one on the internet - this was just a more accessible page than all that scholarly gobbledygook):  http://bidushi.com/mindfulness-meditation-stops-rumination-severe-danger-mental-health/

Off to see what you wrote to me about....JC

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• Moderator Emeritus

Moonlite wrote:  

I was reading about ways to help the brain repair itself and go into neurogenesis and in the article it said how antidepressants can create neurons and neurogenisis. But how is that the case when they down regulate receptors. I believe we are trying to unregulate the receptors by doing healthy things to rebuild the cells and induce neurogenesis. But it doesn't make sense to me that an antidepressant does this when they are obviously the reason we are in this in the first place. Seems like they do the opposite. I just thought that was interesting. Maybe misleading information. It also talked about infrared light therapy to stimulate neurogenesis. They use it for those with Alzheimer's. Has anyone ever tried that? 

Neurogenesis is not always your friend.  

It is neurogenesis which gives so many SSRI withdrawals an awful time.

It works like this (just read this tonight, in "Blaming the Brain" by Eliot Valenstein - a colleague of my Uncle) 

SSRI goes in, blocks receptors for serotonin

Serotonin has nowhere else to go - so floods the system, including the brain

Body says: whoa!  where's all this serotonin coming from?

Body self regulates by producing more serotonin.

In withdrawal, as the neurons regenerate, the system is still not regulated properly - so those new neurons are right sensitive.  Hence, the effects that all of us exoerience.

Think of baby neurons as baby snakes.  Terri Irwin (of Steve-O's Australia Zoo and mother of his children) says that baby snakes are the most dangerous.  Mature snakes, she says, are experienced, and know just how much venom to inject for desired effect on different animals.  But baby snake doesn't know this.  If baby snake feels threatened, it freaks out and bites and injects the WHOLE LOAD of venom.  Very deadly.

So your baby neurons are extra reactive, and have venoms of their own.  You need to take it gentle, take it slow, until those baby neurons are a little more experienced!

There - felt like a little storytelling tonight.  Hope it helps.

ps - I am not a scientist, but in a parallel universe, I am a mad scientist.  Bwaaa-haaa-haaaaa!

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

Lol! I really love the baby snake analogy. AND I love Terri Irwin and Steve Irwin (RIP) I grew up watching them. Thank you for helping me to understand what is going on. So the body is up regulating and the baby neurons are maturing?

I have a question about taking amino acids in the form of SUPER BALANCED NEUROTRANSMITTER COMPLEX supplement or Whey protein. According to studies about addiction the use of amino acid therapy greatly improved the recovery process. I would just like others opinion on this before I go buying whey protein or something:

I have a question about taking amino acids in the form of SUPER BALANCED NEUROTRANSMITTER COMPLEX supplement or Whey protein. According to studies about addiction the use of amino acid therapy greatly improved the recovery process. I would just like others opinion on this before I go buying whey protein or something:

Oh God. Every time I have tried anything with amounts of amino acids ( other than straight food) it blew my brains out and set me back quite far. I had a pumpkin protein powder shake one at 2 years off ( i didn't think it would affect me) and it brought in all kinds of new brain symptoms and painful ones at that. This shake was from a health food store and had 17 amino acids in it.

Id be careful with trying new things this early in the game. The best thing would probably be to just eat healthy foods and maybe try an omega and magnesium. They seem to be what most can tolerate but Id be careful with the anino acids. They're all connected with neurotransmitters. And you have to understand that you don't have a normal persons brain right now so anything that would normally be VERY good for our neurotransmitters may actually be way too much for the chaos already happening.

13 years of Ssri's - celexa, Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft

2 fast tapers and 2 cold turkeys over the years

Psych med free since September 4th 2011 - fast tapered then CT'd 12.5 mg of Zoloft

“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Moonlite - it is the policy of this forum to discourage "combination supplements" that have smatterings of this and that and the whole kitchen sink thrown in.  

NOTHING will stop the pain of withdrawal.  Fish oil and magnesium will help make it smoother.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1300-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

Aminos are a mixed bag of tricks, and should be approached as carefully as you would approach a psych med.  You don't want to disregulate what you are already trying to heal.  Tweaking your neurotransmitters with aminos is the same game.  YES, it can help if you get the RIGHT ones in the RIGHT quantities.  I take them under the care of an MD.  But there are rules - some should not be taken with others in an either / or fashion, and some of them are better in the morning and some are better at night.  There's a TON of homework you have to do even before you consider the FIRST one, much less a combination of them.  These combinations are made for the same reason psych drugs are made:  to market to people in pain and desperate to try anything.

And are you sure this is the time to experiment with your brain?  Keep it Simple, Keep It Slow, Keep it Stable.  

Wait.  Hold.  Cry, if you need to, scream if you must.  But don't change anything, other than to consider fish oil and magnesium - and even those - you may need to bring them in gradually to see how your system will tolerate them.  

Eat leafy greens and nuts and liver.  That will help, and be more stabilising than mucking about with aminos.

And learn about mindfulness, it is the best emotional regulation strategy available.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/5873-mindfulness-and-acceptance/

My favorite one on this page is "The Mindful Way Through Depression" with Jon Kabat-Zinn

Edited by cymbaltawithdrawal5600
fixed link

I just thought maybe having a protein shake a day wouldn't hurt. I just read about amino IV therapy that they use for withdrawal from benzos and other drugs and it's had 80% success rate at helping people through withdrawal more smoothly and so I thought maybe having whey protein shakes wouldn't hurt. I didn't really want to take the supplement I was just curious about it. But I was interested in whey protein. Some people have said it helped them with withdrawal. Some of the same ingredients are in the nutritional shake from Costco I've been drinking and I've not felt great the last few days but definitely better and stronger. So I'm not sure if it's the nutritional shakes that are doing anything or just is what it is right now but nothing has been getting worse or feeling fried. In fact it seems each day has gotten better, still had an emotional bump yesterday but definitely better than last week. I have been drinking nutrition shakes with vitamins and minerals and some amino acids ( didn't know it had any aminos until I looked today) and I've been taking B12, I tolerate that fine. I've been doing epsom salt relaxation baths and meditations or sensory deprivation baths with completely dark no noise no nothing for an hour. I have been eating healthy too. Eating flax muffins for my omegas and eating fish and veggies and fruit. Not sure about taking fish oil again yet. So anyway I don't know if I should try whey or not or just stick to what I'm doing. But so far I don't seem to have sensitivity to what I'm doing now with vitamins, minerals, and what aminos there are. I think with what I have been doing it has helped my nervous system bounced back pretty fast after the prozac incident. I see improvement everyday from the day the prozac made me sick. I definitely feel stronger. I even had energy to dance around to music last night around the house. Lol. That was a good window. :)

• Moderator Emeritus

Ah, dance!  That would feel good!

Pea Protein is richer in aminos than whey, with no dairy involved.  Some of us can't handle dairy.

Look on my thread for my "barley water recipe" - it's a gentle natural way to take enough aminos without throwing you into overload.  I originally started making it to heal my kidneys, but now I just like it, it is soothing.

:) dancing sounds good! Glad your experiencing windows.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

I felt so close to normal today... It was awesome! I had a great day!

Yay so happy for you on having a window. Definitely signs of improvement.

Celexa 20mg 2008-2012 for Social Anxiety

Failed attempt to stop reinstated

1 year taper skipping doses

Celexa free 12/2013

1/2014-5/2014 took 5 htp every other day

Failed Reinstatement 5mg of Celexa on 12/2014 for 5 days only

• Moderator Emeritus

Its great to hear you are feeling better Moonlight.  If what you're doing now is working, keep doing it, like JC wrote, don't change anything for now, the fact that you are having a window so soon is a good sign, I'm sure you will recover quickly if you keep taking care of yourself like you are now.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

I agree. If what you're doing is working, keep doing it. Just take things slow and don't change things up. You sound like you can tolerate a lot more than many of us can.

13 years of Ssri's - celexa, Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft

2 fast tapers and 2 cold turkeys over the years

Psych med free since September 4th 2011 - fast tapered then CT'd 12.5 mg of Zoloft

“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

Thank you! I'm really happy about it too. I kinda feel like the window started closing a little bit towards the end of today. I feel a little more out of it and fatigued again but I'm looking forward to the next window and I enjoyed having a break from the symptoms.