Upnorth: reinstating

Upnorth

10 hours ago, Upnorth said:

@Frogie @Altostrata @ChessieCat.

Do you ladies know if Breo Ellipta..: Fluticasone Forate /Vilanterol would work for my air hunger? It is a corticosteroid and I'm wondering if I would have a bad reaction because of my dysregulated nervous system.  I'm scared to try it. Have you heard of anyone using this? 

Is this a nasal spray Flonase? I think it is the same as the US, just a different generic name. If so, I doubt it would help. It is to treat allergies and stuffy noses. It gave me a headache when I used it for my allergies for 2 days. Anything with a steroid I would be leary with. If your air hunger is that bad, maybe you need to see your dr and explain the situation.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

@Upnorth

In the absence of a physical cause for air hunger I can only pass on my experience of involving a respiratory physiotherapist or I saw good results from our speech therapy experts. 

It’s a rubbish feeling and I hope you find a referral possible. 

OD 

My Intro topic.  Was Dickie in FB gabapentinoids 

2020 January Stopped Quetiapine 150 at night in a fairly chaotic fashion with holds, jumping at 6mg 

2020 June Stopped Pregabalin 150 at night using Ashton Method Some holds. 

2021 December Stopped Mirtazipine 15 using Ashton Method. (Slower at end). 

Nov 21 - Given Quetiapine 12.5 for sleep. Reduced mid March 2022 to 6mg - Off 30/5/22

Feb 2022 Ongoing Diazepam 17.5, Blip at Christmas when took 22.5mg for a few days, now 24 FEB Stable 17.5 as advised. Had long covid. Now going to 16.25 from 8/7/22. 7% drop 

Oxazepam 10mg.STOPPED 10th FEB 2022  “Rescue dose x 2 in 2 months. 

Buccastem 3mg less than 1 a month for nausea. 

Past meds since 1969 -Approx dates only available. Tranxene 15, Clomipramine 150 for about 25 years. 1993 Paroxetine 20 AD change. Diazepam 20mg swap from Tranxene.

Oxazepam 10mg Prn since 1990's  1995 Trial of MAOIS. 2000 Escitaopram 10mg. 2015 trial of Trazadone. 2004 Pregabalin 150 at night.

2015 Started on Quetiapine 150 note, Mirtazipine 15 note. Diazepam increased to 30mg split dosing. 

On 5/18/2022 at 5:25 AM, Upnorth said:

My air hunger dropped significantly and the muscle tension and anxiety also eased up. I almost felt calm and wasn't freaking out for no reason . The "crushing " feeling was also much less. 

Hi @Upnorth

I used to experience air hunger in the first few years of withdrawal. It was one of the more striking and mysterious symptoms and quite severe sometimes. Gradually the intensity lessened and there were fewer episodes. I don't remember the last time it happened. 

At the time I was getting air hunger I did not know I was in withdrawal. The way I managed the symptom was through acceptance and muscle relaxation techniques. I had learned earlier in life that anxiety can be experienced in the body as a contraction. I applied this way of thinking about it to the discomfort of air hunger (at the time I described it as feeling like, suddenly, all the air went out of a balloon. Like instant deflation. And then breathing felt like trying to pump air into a tire with a hole in it -- like I was breathing but nothing was happening, my breathing wasn't doing anything).  

When I had air hunger I would tune in to the sensations in my body -- tension, a feeling of heavy weight on my chest, feeling like I couldn't connect down into my diaphragm, etc. -- and try to just lean into feeling those sensations without judgment, without labeling. Then I would try to use that same mindful attention to breathe as calmly as I could and gently release any places where it felt like I was holding tension. Sometimes I would sit down and go limp and slump; sometimes I would lie down and just breathe. Sometimes it happened while I was out walking or exercising, in which case I would just slow way down or take a break. It always passed eventually. 

In my case what really made a difference was not reacting to the air hunger. If one worries or gets scared of the air hunger it can spiral and heighten the sensations, even leading to a full-blown panic attack. That is the reaction element, and it is possible to work on that. 

Today when I think back on it I view the air hunger in a subset of withdrawal-related nervous system dysregulation symptoms sometimes subjectively experienced as anxiety. That might explain some of your experience with anxiolytics bringing relief. What helped me a lot was not calling it anxiety but experiencing it with detachment as neutral physical sensations in my body. (Maybe that was only possible for me to do because I had no idea I was in withdrawal and thus was relatively free of stories about it.) 

By the way, after a few years of air hunger and shortness of breath and other such symptoms, I did eventually go get some lung, airway, breathing tests done. Everything came out fine. When I tried to explain my experience to doctors they were blank/disinterested. I suppose it's better to bore one's doctors than to become an object of their fascination. 

Anyway, no more air hunger! I don't remember the last time I had it, must be well over a year. 

Do your due diligence, get tested if you suspect anything might be seriously, structurally wrong.

If it turns out it's "just" withdrawal, don't worry. It gets better. 

In the meantime, Acknowledge - Accept - Float

Healing is happening all the time <3

A. 

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

August 2021 - 2mg melatonin   August 1, 2022 - 1mg melatonin   March 31, 2023 - 0mg melatonin

2024 supplements update: electrolyte blend in water sipped throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil blend w/ morning meal (incl. vit. A+D+E); calcium; vitamin C+zinc

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

• Mentor
1 hour ago, Ariel said:

. I suppose it's better to bore one's doctors than to become an object of their fascination.    So true! Will remember this! You made me smile!

1. .025 Xanax 3 x daily  Start date 10-13-2013 through 8-13-2014.  Started tapering 6-2014 to 8-2014.  Some small discomfort. 25 mg Zoloft - Start date 5-1-2014.  50mg. 6-2014.  through 7-14-2014 .  Started tapering  7-14-2014, stopped tapering 10-2014.  I did 1/4 of the dose a month.  small discomfort.  These next 3 were prescribed when I made some seriously bad choices with my thyroid medication.  Was in ER twice for possible heart attack.  INTENSE anxiety, panic, fear.   Lost 30 pounds in 2 weeks.  Thyroid levels bounced to extremes for 8 months. Dr. prescribed Zoloft 50mg  9-2105.  After 2 doses had a bad reaction passed out in my bedroom. Also prescribed Xanax .025  at the same time. 3 times daily, 4 if needed.  Was only on it about 2 weeks.  Was not working.  Trip ER they gave me an Ativan IV and it worked and lasted.  switched to Ativan. 9-24-2016. 1.5 mg Ativan - .5 mg  three x daily -start date 9/24/16.  Attempted taper start 12-16-2016. Was shaving Pills and alternating tapering AM, PM and midday dose weekly.  Buspar .5mg  -2.5mg. am and 2. 5mg. pm start date 9-26-2016 .  Lexapro .10mg  start date  - 10-26-2016. Found SA and began 10/14/2017 tapering .001 by weight of pill  every 4 days Held longer if there were was WD.    Was very sensitive to Ativan. 3-15-2018 Off midday dose - 7-16-2018 Off PM dose - OFF ATIVAN! 11-17-2018 10 mg. Lexapro. PM - 5 mg start date 10/11/2016 increased to 10 mg 2/2/17. 1-1-2019 Began tapering Lexapro.  .001 gm every 4 days.  Held longer if there was WD.  Last doses some I held a month.  OFF LEXAPRO! 2-21 2021 5 mg. Buspar  divided into two, 2.5 mg doses AM and PM- Start date 9/26/2016 Cold turkey on Dr. direction, AM and Pm  doses.  Reinstated  9-22-16. Began Buspar taper 1-29-23, .001 mg by weight of pills.  N.P. Desiccated Thyroid.  1-2023 Labs okay but not where I feel best. 60 mg. daily now but adding 15 mg. more  twice weekly for a few months then check.  Bioidentical hormones. Bi-est/Prog cream, 1/4 tsp.  1 time daily

My intro: Moonpie:. Need help and supporting tapering off of Ativan

My benzo thread: Moonpie: Need help Ativan weight tapering

6 hours ago, Frogie said:

Is this a nasal spray Flonase? I think it is the same as the US, just a different generic name. If so, I doubt it would help. It is to treat allergies and stuffy noses. It gave me a headache when I used it for my allergies for 2 days. Anything with a steroid I would be leary with. If your air hunger is that bad, maybe you need to see your dr and explain the situation.

@Frogie

It's a puffer/inhaler. It's a powder.  It  contains

corticosteroids and a beta agonist, vilanterol, which is supposed to relax the muscles around the airways. 

The Dr recommended it but after reading that it contains a steroid,  I'm not sure it would be a good idea. . 

That's why I was asking. .probably would not be a good thing to put into a sensitized nervous system?

I was hoping someone would have some input on this stuff.  

I know that when I take ativan ,  this calms down so it is probably chemical induced anxiety creating the air hunger.  

Started 100mg zoloft daily in Sept 2010.

Started taper Sept  2019 . Last dose was Oct 2020.                                                                                                            Taper was not done properly.

Reinstated zoloft liquid on Feb 6 2022 at 1mg .Feb 16-26, 2mg.

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

June 10 still holding at 3.0mg.

June 16 started split dose.

June 27th upped morning dose to 1.5mg. Evening dose is 2.0mg.

December 11  I tapered off my morning dose in August and currently at 3.5mg at night. I take 0.5mg of ativan on occasion but try not to use it.

@Upnorth

So it's like ProAir-HFA, an inhaler here is the US. They usually give that to you if you have bronchitis or asthma. It contains steroids to open the airway. I would stay away from steroids with your CNS. That's just my thought. 

You could be having good old anxiety and you just need to do some meditation and self care. That's the best thing for the system.

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

Steroids are there to prevent constriction from allergy, asthma and obstructive airways issues but only by stopping them getting tight. 
Salbutamol etc actually reduce spasm if it occurs.

Neither would help in a situation of anxiety induced air hunger. 
If your doc has excluded airways disease then as @Frogie says you need to manage your breathing. 

If you Google air hunger physio there is a very good explanation from Cambridge university. 

OD

2020 January Stopped Quetiapine 150 at night in a fairly chaotic fashion with holds, jumping at 6mg 

Nov 21 - Given Quetiapine 12.5 for sleep. Reduced mid March 2022 to 6mg - Off 30/5/22

Feb 2022 Ongoing Diazepam 17.5, Blip at Christmas when took 22.5mg for a few days, now 24 FEB Stable 17.5 as advised. Had long covid. Now going to 16.25 from 8/7/22. 7% drop 

Past meds since 1969 -Approx dates only available. Tranxene 15, Clomipramine 150 for about 25 years. 1993 Paroxetine 20 AD change. Diazepam 20mg swap from Tranxene.

Oxazepam 10mg Prn since 1990's  1995 Trial of MAOIS. 2000 Escitaopram 10mg. 2015 trial of Trazadone. 2004 Pregabalin 150 at night.

2015 Started on Quetiapine 150 note, Mirtazipine 15 note. Diazepam increased to 30mg split dosing. 

2 hours ago, Frogie said:

@Upnorth

So it's like ProAir-HFA, an inhaler here is the US. They usually give that to you if you have bronchitis or asthma. It contains steroids to open the airway. I would stay away from steroids with your CNS. That's just my thought. 

You could be having good old anxiety and you just need to do some meditation and self care. That's the best thing for the system.

@Frogie                 Thanks for taking the time to help me.  

I do have "some " mild copd.  It showed in a CT years ago but never was an issue until withdrawal.  Since wd ,  I just feel like I can't get enough air and is likely anxiety related because of the chemical dysregulation.  I guess it's a tell tale sign when you take ativan and it calms down.  Even the "dark thoughts " subside somewhat. 

I just thought maybe the puffer would help but was unaware that it's a steroid. Not even sure why the Dr suggested it.  From what I've been reading and your input,  it sounds like steroids of any kind should be avoided. 

Just wish I could find some relief from the anxiety and panic. 

I do breathing exercises and try to keep my stress down but still have a tuff time. 

Started taper Sept  2019 . Last dose was Oct 2020.                                                                                                            Taper was not done properly.

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

December 11  I tapered off my morning dose in August and currently at 3.5mg at night. I take 0.5mg of ativan on occasion but try not to use it.

@Upnorth

I was "diagnosed" with COPD years ago because I smoked for 40 years by an insurance company. I quit smoking 5  years ago.  But I don't have it after many tests. 

You could try a non-steroid one, there are many over the counter that you can research.

But if you research "air hunger" you'll come up with a lot of information that will help.

I know it's tough, but you can do this.

@Frogie 

Thanks for the help.  I guess you know what it's like then. It's been about 17 months since I smoked.  Hopefully things will approve. 

Do you have any recommendations for inhalers? I don't think I'll use the one with the corticosteroids,  just add to the problem. 

I did read the links you posted on my page a while ago about air hunger and looked on line as well. .thanks.  

I do find that when I take an ativan, the symptoms are easier to deal with and less troublesome. .

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

@Upnorth

I don’t have any recommendations for over the counter stuff, you might google it and see what it comes up with.  In all honesty they probably won’t help much. 

But google “air hunger” and I’m sure there will be information there that would be useful.

Be careful with the Ativan. Without a running prescription you’ll become dependent on it quickly.

@Frogie

I received my results from a CT I had done lately and have been diagnosed with copd.  Guess this is part of my air hunger issue.  Do you have any suggestions.  I've been pretty ill lately and lots of nausea as well. I've read up on the different inhalers, any ideas would be welcomed. 

What did you do for your copd?

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

@Frogie

I think my copd may be a milder case .Other than the air hunger,  I don't have a cough or any excess fluid or sinus congestion. .

I think what you and alto suggested with the benzo would be better than the inhaler . The inhalers sound nasty and I know when I take an ativan, the majority of these issues subside.  

Thoughts? 

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

@Upnorth

Hello again.  
I think I would go to the Canadian Thoracic Society website to learn about your COPD. 

There may be some helpful information there. 
With any lung disease it’s important not to be over sedated so you take deep breaths especially at night (personal experience). 

Wishing you well

OD

7 hours ago, Upnorth said:

@Frogie

I think my copd may be a milder case .Other than the air hunger,  I don't have a cough or any excess fluid or sinus congestion. .

I think what you and alto suggested with the benzo would be better than the inhaler . The inhalers sound nasty and I know when I take an ativan, the majority of these issues subside.  

Thoughts? 

I don’t have any suggestions unfortunately. You can google and get as much information on copd that you can. Just remember the internet paints worse pictures than it can actually be. I did nothing for my copd because I don’t have any symptoms of it at all except air hunger once in a while and that’s from the Xanax. 

10 hours ago, Frogie said:

I don’t have any suggestions unfortunately. You can google and get as much information on copd that you can. Just remember the internet paints worse pictures than it can actually be. I did nothing for my copd because I don’t have any symptoms of it at all except air hunger once in a while and that’s from the Xanax. 

@Frogie

My symptoms are mainly the chronic  air hunger and nausea. I  don't have a cough but do feel I can't get enough air.  I haven't found anything that helps, other than,  of course, the ativan. 

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

@Upnorth

I don't know of anything to get rid of the air hunger other than time. If it is that bad, maybe you should see a dr. I know you just had tests done but it all just takes time to heal.

On 5/29/2022 at 4:46 AM, Frogie said:

the Xanax. 

@Frogie

Are you using xanax on a regular basis?  Does it work well?   It seems for me that the only time I have a decent day is when I take 0.5 ativan.  

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

• Moderator Emeritus

Please note that I have not read through any of these posts so I don't know what they are suggesting (eg they might be suggesting to increase/change drugs which might not be something that SA would suggest).  But you might find some non drug techniques to help.

Do an internet search for the term:  benzo buddies air hunger

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

9 hours ago, Upnorth said:

@Frogie

Are you using xanax on a regular basis?  Does it work well?   It seems for me that the only time I have a decent day is when I take 0.5 ativan.  

Like Alto and I said if you can get a running prescription you could try Ativan. But you will become dependent on it in about 2 weeks.

On 5/28/2022 at 11:02 PM, Upnorth said:

@Frogie

I received my results from a CT I had done lately and have been diagnosed with copd.  Guess this is part of my air hunger issue.  Do you have any suggestions.  I've been pretty ill lately and lots of nausea as well. I've read up on the different inhalers, any ideas would be welcomed. 

What did you do for your copd?

Did they do a spirometry test? An xray doesn't confirm copd, atiavb regular use will only contribute to the air hunger long term just as the ssri withdrawl and dysregulation. I too have air hunger from having used both of these and it's been almost a year 

- 10 mg lexparo 1.5 years

- ativan for panic 0.5 , never more than once daily and not everyday for 4 years.

-cold turkeyed in June 5 of 2021.

Buspar a few days and had severe muscle pain. July 26, 27, then 30 of 2021.

8 hours ago, Foxclover6 said:

@Foxclover6d they do a spirometry test? An xray doesn't confirm copd, atiavb regular use will only contribute to the air hunger long term just as the ssri withdrawl and dysregulation. I too have air hunger from having used both of these and it's been almost a 

@Foxclover6 The only test done was a CT. Did you mean ativan? It's been 7 years since I had a spirometry and at the time the Dr said I was alright considering my age and that I smoked. I quit smoking 16 months ago because I thought it was creating the air hunger and didn't know at the time that I was in WD and having chemical induced anxiety. 

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

13 hours ago, Upnorth said:

@Foxclover6 The only test done was a CT. Did you mean ativan? It's been 7 years since I had a spirometry and at the time the Dr said I was alright considering my age and that I smoked. I quit smoking 16 months ago because I thought it was creating the air hunger and didn't know at the time that I was in WD and having chemical induced anxiety. 

I still have air hunger too, I didn't reinstate , you're still below your original dose right ? For the ssri? I really think that is probably what it is, im.not a doctor, quitting smoking seems smart and things can heal. Sorry you're struggling, I am too.

- ativan for panic 0.5 , never more than once daily and not everyday for 4 years.

On 6/1/2022 at 10:20 AM, Foxclover6 said:

e , you're still below your original dose right ? For the ssri? I really think that is probably what it is, 

@Foxclover6 

Yes,  I'm only at 3.0mg. A long ways from what I used to take.  I had hoped to stabilize but I don't think it has helped.  Maybe I should try to updose again.  Don't know what to do anymore.  I've been pretty sick lately,  nausea and air hunger are brutal. Feeling quite weak. 

Sorry you're stuggling as well. .

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

2 hours ago, Upnorth said:

@Foxclover6 

Yes,  I'm only at 3.0mg. A long ways from what I used to take.  I had hoped to stabilize but I don't think it has helped.  Maybe I should try to updose again.  Don't know what to do anymore.  I've been pretty sick lately,  nausea and air hunger are brutal. Feeling quite weak. 

Sorry you're stuggling as well. .

How long you been at 3? Did you have nausea before you reinstated ? It's been a real nightmare for me,  I'm actually in shock,  I never knew it could be so bad. I wanted to reinstate but I felt that I was so bad I'd get worse,  probably would be semi better if I had

I've been at 3.0 for a couple months. Every time I tried to increase,  I would get sweating spells . I had nausea before RI but I think it got worse.  Hard to say cause I didn't keep notes before RI. 

Now most people are telling me I should go to rehab,  they don't get it.  I keep saying that if I could get my system stabilized,  I would be able to manage because it's the physical stuff that is causing the suffering.  

I know they all mean well but I don't think rehab would fix the chemical dysregulation. Everyone seems to think it's mind over matter. . frustrating. 

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

@Frogie                        Another bad day,  lots of dark thoughts and pain and nausea.  Been having lots of dark thoughts lately ,  so fatigued and feeling weak. Heart rate is up. Probably doesn't help that my sleep has been terrible, never seem to get any rest. I wish I could have a window.  I wonder if the zoloft is contributing to the depression feelings or is it cause I'm fatigued, or both? 

I now I'm not alone in this and many people on this site are suffering as well. Just been feeling really alone lately and discouraged. Like so many others,  I just want my life back but wondering if it will happen. 

I  don't mean to be a downer but I'm feeling down and nobody to talk to, hard to get out of the hole. .

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

@Frogie

Hi frogie,  sorry to bother you.  Is it normal for my thinking to be all over the place with the WD? Been having dark thoughts and even some SI.  I have been pretty weak and  worn out lately,  could that contribute to the bad thoughts?  I've been reading lots of posts to find encouragement and trying to pull myself up but I am overwhelmed at the moment.   My sleep is poor, maybe 2 hours and  irritability is high and I'm having a hard time calming down. Do you think the zoloft is doing this? 

I've taken 5 ativan in the last 3 weeks,  0.5 mg.  Used them as a rescue dose because I have had some horrific days.  I know you said to be careful but I'm hoping this is okay.  

I have some clonazepam from my psych Dr but I'm unsure about taking any.

Can they be mixed or stick to one kind.  

Thanks for helping me and I apologize, just feel depleted lately and no one to turn to. 

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

Hi Upnorth,

I can’t advise you on the Ativan or clonozapam, but I can say that I have dark thoughts and some SI. I am still tapering Zoloft, currently at 3.54mgs. 

Is there anything you can do to distract yourself during the rough spots? Are you getting in any walking or doing something outside?

I am so sorry you’re dealing with this, if we only knew years ago what we know now, eh?

Hang in there.

Believer

1998-2015 Zoloft. 100mg

2015 Straight switch to Wellbutrin by GP who claimed Zoloft stopped working; I was experiencing occasional brain zaps. 3 months later Wellbutrin  XR. Highly activating. Lost ability to sleep. Seroquel x3 nights. Horrible reaction. Straight switch back to Zoloft, began taper. Found SA  after tapering 25 mgs a week to 25mgs and began experiencing W/D.

6/21/19 5.05 mg; 9/6/19 4.8 mg; 4/24/20 4.57 mg; 8/27/21 4.43 mg

9/20-9/25/21 xover to new RX from expired meds

10/22/21 4.13 mg; 11/26/21 3.93 mg; 4/15/22 3.74 mg; 6/3/22 3.54 mg; 8/5/22 3.38; 9/30/22 3.19; 11/18/22 3.03; 12/30/22 2.88; 2/17/23 2.74; 3/24/23 2.60; 5/12/23 2.47;  6/23/23 2.35; 8/11/23 2.24; 9/15/23 2.13; 10/20/23 2.02; 11/24/23 1.92; 1/12/24 1.83; 2/17/24 1.72; 3/23/24 1.64

Supplements: Natural Calm magnesium, Vitamin C Vitamin D during winter.

Hi @Upnorth

I am sure @Frogie will have a view on this.  

This is my take on it. 
You are using Ativan rescue very sparingly after her advice. It has a short half life. 

Klon has a much longer half life and can stick around for days.  This means your Gaba receptors would be shut for longer periods of time and I wonder if that would make it more difficult to stop. ? 

My neighbour took Klon and eight weeks later still has has awful panics, though I think her psych stopped it rather quickly ! 

OD 

Edited by OldDodgy
Typo

@Upnorth

These thoughts and feelings are very normal. Just try to distract.

Please don't mix the Ativan with the Clonazepam. You will end up in a real mess. If you want to continue taking the Ativan you need to obtain a prescription. Even taking it 2-3 times a week you can become dependent on it.

• Mentor

@Upnorth

I am so sorry you have to go through this....What you are asking as far as thoughts and emotions- they are very typical with WD and these drugs...

I know those dark thoughts are scary..  I often go through them ....Can you remind yourself that these are just thoughts and they can't hurt you...Very uncomfortable--not to say the least scary--but somehow they pass or at least get less intense....I guess what I am saying is try not fight them--Say it's okay- I can feel this way--these are just thoughts that come when  my brain is not working quite right... then as Believer said try and distract as much as you can-but also accept that you will feel low mood as you are doing it.. but hopefully the time will go by a little faster and you won't be putting all your attention on how you feel.....  sometimes we fight everything and try to feel a certain way, better, but we can feel less pain if we just let ourselves feel the way we do at any given time- if we are sad, it's okay to be  sad, if we are anxious, it's okay to be  anxious, if we are feeling fatigue, angry, withdrawn, then that's okay too....These all pass with time....

I can so relate to feeling so alone- can you try to remind yourself that you are not alone there are many on SA who are walking this journey with you.  Look to yourself for comfort...Find that love towards yourself and know that  it will always be with you....

Each day that goes by you are one day closer to healing from these drugs. 

You are not alone upnorth😊

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Lamictal  taper  4/17/ 2022 25mg, 9/9/ 22 -20mg, 9/25/22- 15mg , 10/20/22-   0

Trazodone..2023.>down to 14mg, 7mg, 6mg  July 2023   0

Xanax  0.0625 3 x a day,  2023>  0.042 3x a day

Supplements  Magnesium glycinate, Omega 3, D3, vitamin c , zinc, NAC 

Thanks everyone,  nice to know there are people who care and understand. 

I have a lot of physical pain and I think it wears a person out and effects my thoughts. The lack of sleep doesn't help and my anxiety and irritability have been really high and I keep trying to calm down but can't seem to get control,  probably the chemical dysregulation. 

That's why I keep thinking about the ativan,  it usually levels me out and clears my thinking.  I know it's not the answer but I often feel so overwhelmed.  All the things that never bothered me  before are now hypersensitive, and I'm fatigued. The air hunger is driving me nuts,  even though I do so many exercises for it. 

Just wish I could have a window and get a break from this suffering,  so hard to move forward when the days just repeat. Not a good attitude,  I know, but I  feel stuck in a hole. 

I keep wondering if I should taper my reinstatement and if the zoloft is part of this? 

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

On 6/5/2022 at 8:14 AM, Greatful said:
On 6/5/2022 at 8:14 AM, Greatful said:

these are just thoughts that come when  my brain is not working quite right...

@Greatful

@Greatful  

This is the understatement of the year. I can't believe how much my brain is not working the way it used to. 

Simple daily things and decisions are such a struggle. I used to drive truck for a living and would spend 12 hours or more behind the wheel,  hauling logs in some adverse conditions.  Never had any issues and enjoyed my work and the challenges,  now I have a tuff time driving uptown to get my mail. So hard to except what has happened and the physical ability to do much. Hard to believe that the dysregulated nervous system can effect so much. 

I am so frustrated, mad, depressed, sad and so many other things.  It's hard to think that things will improve when windows are so rare and I feel over powered by the agitation. I just wish I could stabilize and start healing.  

Just once I'd like to come on here with good news.

So worn out, I guess the fatigue is getting the upper hand. 

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m 

• Mentor

@Upnorth

My heart goes out to you...What you are describing is so familiar to me.  How could this be happening? How can those pills cause such dysfunction in our brains and body.  Sadly that's the way it is..  I hope some day soon this will be know to the whole world.  We are the genie pigs, the  really study of how these drugs work and effect us... not the 4-12 week trials big pharma has done...Even those people have had to drop out because of side affects....By the way they are not side affects (fancy term ) these are the  actual affects of our bodies not accepting the drug.  

Have you ever looked up Baylissa Frederick's website? https://mccare.org/

She has a ton of information, and  helpful tools.  Go to resources and then How to use this Website...Lot's of things to click on for help..

As Bayliss say's you can heal..  She did from Benzos. 

Remember to be kind to yourself. You are doing amazing.  Only those of us that are or have gone through this can know how isolating and hard this is.

Remember you are not alone. It may feel like it, but there are many walking the same pathway as you..  Hold on to us and we all can move towards healing from our temporary chemical brain injury.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Lamictal  taper  4/17/ 2022 25mg, 9/9/ 22 -20mg, 9/25/22- 15mg , 10/20/22-   0

Trazodone..2023.>down to 14mg, 7mg, 6mg  July 2023   0

Xanax  0.0625 3 x a day,  2023>  0.042 3x a day

Supplements  Magnesium glycinate, Omega 3, D3, vitamin c , zinc, NAC 

@Greatful

Thanks.  Really bad day today. Nausea is off the chart.  Hard to function like this,  so distressing. Just wanna ball my eyes out. Bad headache as well. 

Tried to look at the website but it keeps saying it's unsafe. Have to try something different I guess. 

Feb 26-Mar 6,  2.5mg.

Mar. 7-17,  3.0mg

Mar 17-26, 3.5mg.

Mar 27, back to 3.0m