Jaffa: Possibly late onset withdrawal

Jaffa

Also… 

I’ve just been reading the “ horror stories “ in the book “ Antidepressed” by Beverley Thompson, and none of these stories have good endings. In all cases people tried to stop became terribly ill and had to reinstate something stabilise after long periods of suffering. It’s not very inspiring. Don’t get me wrong friend, I hate these drugs, I’m just really worried that I won’t heal fast enough and I haven’t got the reserves to keep going. 
Now I know that there is no guarantee that the drugs won’t harm me if I take them now. That’s why I’m so petrified but I also don’t know if the mirt might help me get better, st least till my mum dies, my son gets older . 
God I don’t know. It’s all too much. Will I heal soon enough if at all is the answer we don’t have. 
So sorry to trouble you with this. 
Sincere thanks for your clear thoughts. They are helping me in my important decision. 🙏🏻❤️

2003 Paxil - I can't remember the dose but I think it was 10mg  experienced  horrendous akathisia when starting for 3 weeks then okay 

2004.  slow reduction to 0 , withdrawal symptoms, so reinstated to 10mg - again horrendous Akathisia which lasted 5 weeks.
2005 - attempted to slowly taper off and again  Terrible withdrawal so reinstated and endured akathisia until it settled. Psychiatrist changed me over to

Zoloft so that I could have another baby. No adverse reaction with the switch except terrible diorreah

2006   tried once more to come off Zoloft carefully with terrible results. reinstated Zoloft and used 2.5 mg of zyprexa to help Akathisia- horrid episode                             lasted 3 months with some akathisia and severe depression which I’d never had before. Withdrawal from zyprexa ( depression) 

2008  50 mg of Zoloft then after 6 months I tapered to 25 mg and decided to stay there . 

2012 stress event and peri menopause acute anxiety which led to, updosing to 125 mg, tortuous symptoms(akathisia) then stabilized,  back to 50 mg-

2014 - same again  down to 25 with Akathisia on updosing and a hospital visit. 

2019 - 2023 Zoloft tapering by 2 mg linear taper every 3 months started at 50 mg, got to 25 mg around January 2023.  June 2023- health anxiety and what feels like withdrawal again.  Insomnia, anxiety, blunted good feelings.

2023 June- Zyprexa taken twice, ativan 1 mg taken once, temazepan infrequent but 15- 18th of June used for 4 nights

2023 August - introduced 7.5 mg of mirtazapine for 12 days then 15mg of mirtazapine. Sleep now ok but daily life depression, anhedonia, agitation and a weird feeling of being sedate and anxious at the same time. Currently holding.

My introduction thread: Jaffa: Possibly late onset withdrawal

I’m sorry happy2 heal,

I just read your post again. I’m exhausting I know . I’ve got to live with myself. Just to clarify- I never take drugs nilly Willy. I only suggested that cocktail as an option because a friend did that cocktail in hospital and it seemed to work for her but no you’re absolutely right about this madness I’m displaying here. I won’t do it. 
I’ve just been for a walk. I’m struggling again with what to do with the mirt or whether I might drop the mirt. Weighing it all up. Thinking hard. The mirt has created a bit more calm ( but I’m still full of symptoms) and I’m tempted to just stop it right now and keep persevering. We will see . 
Bless you 💕

2003 Paxil - I can't remember the dose but I think it was 10mg  experienced  horrendous akathisia when starting for 3 weeks then okay 

2004.  slow reduction to 0 , withdrawal symptoms, so reinstated to 10mg - again horrendous Akathisia which lasted 5 weeks.
2005 - attempted to slowly taper off and again  Terrible withdrawal so reinstated and endured akathisia until it settled. Psychiatrist changed me over to

Zoloft so that I could have another baby. No adverse reaction with the switch except terrible diorreah

2006   tried once more to come off Zoloft carefully with terrible results. reinstated Zoloft and used 2.5 mg of zyprexa to help Akathisia- horrid episode                             lasted 3 months with some akathisia and severe depression which I’d never had before. Withdrawal from zyprexa ( depression) 

2008  50 mg of Zoloft then after 6 months I tapered to 25 mg and decided to stay there . 

2012 stress event and peri menopause acute anxiety which led to, updosing to 125 mg, tortuous symptoms(akathisia) then stabilized,  back to 50 mg-

2019 - 2023 Zoloft tapering by 2 mg linear taper every 3 months started at 50 mg, got to 25 mg around January 2023.  June 2023- health anxiety and what feels like withdrawal again.  Insomnia, anxiety, blunted good feelings.

2023 June- Zyprexa taken twice, ativan 1 mg taken once, temazepan infrequent but 15- 18th of June used for 4 nights

2023 August - introduced 7.5 mg of mirtazapine for 12 days then 15mg of mirtazapine. Sleep now ok but daily life depression, anhedonia, agitation and a weird feeling of being sedate and anxious at the same time. Currently holding.

• Mentor
5 hours ago, Jaffa said:

Im really not well and I’m told that while 7.5 will help with sleep it’s not going to help me get back to normal. That’s why I’m thinking of the 15 mg. I need to feel somewhat ok again. 

who told you that?  

why don't you wait and see what 7.5mg does? 

5 hours ago, Jaffa said:

Just one more question,

If I decided to stop mirt after these 2 nights I’ve taken it, could I just stop or do I need to taper somewhat

OK I don't give dosing advice, I have no idea if that's a safe thing to do.

but just from my experience, please, don't stop and start drugs like this!

you said you needed to take this drug to get some relief, correct?

and for now, you said, it's helping you sleep?

why would you want to make any changes at all?

your brain wants things to be stable, and this is NOT how you help it to stabilize

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGES, thank you. 

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • PRESENT DAYS:  Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 
  • Mentor

I've never heard of that book, however you need to consider that it appears the author's goal is to get people to see that these drugs don't come without potentially serious consequences, is that right? just read a few of the blurbs about it and that seems to be her goal, at least

well please don't read books like that when you are not feeling well!

you are living thru what these drugs can do, you don't need to be reading any horror stories

you are still very focused on how much time this might take, and I get that, I really do,

I don't blame you for wanting relief and wanting to get on with your life so you can deal with the real life issues you  have going on.

You will heal!! don't be worried about that, Your healing was going along pretty well, I KNOW it doesn't look that way from your perspective but I've been on this site for almost ten years now, and I've read all of the Success Stories and a huge number of the threads of ppl on their way to healing, and you've got a lot going for you

Your psych drug exposure is limited to  just a few drugs and not dozens like some of us. Your symptoms were actually improving pretty quickly, from what I read, I know it didn't feel like it was fast enough 

and when you feel poorly even a few hours of feeling that way seems like an eternity, I KNOW believe me, we all do!

this is why I urge you to live in the present

don't think about the past

and please don't worry about the future

the only time any of us really have is TODAY, this minute, NO ONE knows what will happen next

it is very  hard to live with uncertainty

I think that may be one of the reasons that I feel like I connect with you a lot, I gotta be honest

I HATE uncertainty! 
it's very hard for me to just go with the flow

you are making nearly impossible decisions based on NOT knowing what will happen, and that is very scary and very hard to do 

just please believe us when we tell you that adding drugs or stopping them abruptly or taking different combos, even in what seems like tiny doses, is a bad idea and is almost surely going to delay healing

you are NOT exhausting, don't worry about that!
you are in a difficult place and naturally you want to be in any other place that feels better

It's perfectly natural and understandable why you want this discomfort to end as quickly as possible

however in this situation, you need to summon up all the patience you can find

trust that you WILL heal, my goodness, look at some of the decades of drugs and ever changing cocktails that some of us, myself included, were on, and we have healed, I have healed

believe me I am not esp strong or brave or anything like that! It was a difficult journey and I made a lot of mistakes along the way

You might too, but try to learn from them if you do,

4 hours ago, Jaffa said:

The mirt has created a bit more calm ( but I’m still full of symptoms) and I’m tempted to just stop it right now and keep persevering. We will see . 

ok why would you toss out the mirt if you are feeling more calm? isnt' that the relief you wanted?

at this point, given your history, it seems clear to ME, at least, that you aren't likely to find a drug or a dose that will end all of your symptoms suddenly

and you kind of don't want that, either

because if you bring in a sledgehammer and try to knock yourself back to where you think you were "stable",  the quicker you want to go, the bigger the risks

see what happened when you increased your dose of zoloft from low to high all in one go? 

what happened? months of akathisia, right?

zyprexa MIGHT make you feel a wee bit better for a very short time, but at what cost? it will cause you to be depressed. YOu don't need that.

the sleep drugs can help a little bit but with a sensitive system like yours, you risk the drug doing the opposite, and causing even more sleeplessness and anxiety

these are things to think long and hard about, when you wondering if you should make a change

or you could simplify things for yourself and just follow the rules of getting thru this with the least problems, GO SLOW, keep it SIMPLE and stable (i might not have the exact correct wording for that I'd have to check)

I know you don't have a lot of faith in the self soothing techniques and other non drug coping skills but they are learned skills, the more you practice them, the better you get at them and the more they help

I urge you to not dismiss them, they will def help you more than ANY drug you might be tempted to try

use those techniques to distract yourself when things are going rough, so you don't do what we've all been programed to do, reach for a pill

it's a hard habit to unlearn

it's all around us, the pressure to take all sorts of pills, it has made the drug industry obscene profits but what has it really done for us?

not much if you ask me  :( 

please stick around and maybe read the success stories more

I know when I first started reading them, I was so upset to see how long some of these folks were in withdrawal

but you have to realize that for most of that time, it was NOT acute withdrawal, that is usually short lived

and even if they had bad symptoms for a long time, they were getting better all the time or at least morphing into different ones 

I can't sugar coat the process , it is hard and it is longer than any of us wanted, but it's very doable

Focus not on the length of their journey but that they made it, and focus on what they did that helped them thru. It will give you ideas that you can use.

you have to be in the right place and have the right mindset to get thru it this the least distress possible

truly, your attitude and your beliefs about the process make a HUGE difference

if you don't think you can do it, chance are you are right, because you already have the mindset that you can't 

and we are what we think

if we think we are not strong enough, then we have no reason to try

if we believe we will fail, we won't put out our best effort and we will always be looking for proof that we are right. we will always be eager to throw in the towel

at some point I hope and pray that you challenge these thoughts and beliefs and give this another try

you are worth it, and I strongly believe you can do it, when you are ready and when/if it is what you want

you still need to do what is best for you

I can't tell you what that is,

I can only tell you what I've learned and what I've seen on this forum and  healing is absolutely the rule and not the exception

hope you are resting well and doing things that make you feel good

try to avoid things that are scary or upsetting

let your nervous system settle down

remember that you have challenges in your every day life and some of the things that you think are symptoms may be things/feelings that you would be having anyway, due to the circumstances of your life. The serious illness of a loved one can really cause all sorts of upheaval. Don't think that everything is withdrawal related. 

do the most pleasant things you can and give yourself a break.

enjoy the relative calm from the mirtazapine but please please don't think that more is going to be better!!

you have your own experience with zoloft to see that that is not the case

these are very very powerful drugs

the dose you are on now is probably double what any person ever  needed to get the change they were looking for

sleep well friend

❤️

Edited by Happy2Heal

•  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106

@Jaffa

Instead of reading horror stories why not read the books by baylissa fredrick. Recovery and renewal is really good. Feeding yourself negativity is not going to help you. 

I know you are frightened, I am too but you need to try and be positive.

Listen to @Happy2Heal, they are giving you really good advice. She is telling you it's going to get better, it won't be easy but it will get better. But you need to give you brain chance. Which means, stability, rest, good nutrition, gentle exercise. 

Stability is key here. Jumping around on different drugs, doses or even taking your medication at different times is just adding fuel to the fire. Things need to be consistent. Your brain can't find balance all the while you keep moving the goal posts. 

You can do this! You are strong! 

2015- Jan 2021 20mg Citalapram

Jan 2021- April 2021 Sertraline (CT)

June 2021 - Fluoxetine & Trazadone

Oct 2021- Trazadone to Quitiapin 

Oct 2021 to June 2022 switches Duloxetine then paroxatine then Venlafaxine.

June 2022- venlafaxine for 5 or 6 weeks at 37.5 twice daily. Upped for one week to 75mg twice daily but caused panic attacks. Dropped back down to 37.5 twice daily. Panic attacks stopped. 

1 week- 62.5mg 1 week- 50mg 1 week- 37.5mg 1 week - 25mg 

ANTIDEPRESSANT FREE SINCE JULY 22ND 2022!! 

18/05/23 - 01-06/23 doxycycline for a rat bite 

Taken propranalol since 2015. 80mg.

21/11/22 76mg. 28/11/22 72mg. 05/12/22 68mg. 19/12/22 64mg. 27/12/22 60mg. 02/01/23 56mg. 09/01/23 50mg. 16/01/23 47mg. 23/01/23 44mg. 29/01/23 40mg. 05/02/23 38mg. 12/02/23 35mg. 19/02/23 32mg. 25/02/23 27mg. 04/03/23 25mg. 11/03/23 22mg. 17/03/23 19mg. 24/03/23 20mg. 05/04/23 18mg. 11/04/23 16mg. 17/04/23 14mg. 27/04/23 20mg. 19/06/23 19mg. 25/06/23 20mg. 04/08/23 18mg. 11/08/23 17mg. 16/08/23 16mg. 25/08/23 15mg. 01/09/23 14mg. 08/09/23 13mg. 15/08/23 12mg. 22/09/23 11mg. 29/09/23 10mg. 19/11/23 9mg. 26/11/23 8mg. 03/12/23 7mg. 10/12/23 6mg. 17/12/23 5mg. 24/12/23 4mg. 31/01/23 3mg. 07/01/24 2mg. 13/01/24 1mg. 19/01/24 0mg. DONE! 

You’ve made me cry. But it’s a loving cry. I wish you were here and I could give you a hug. You have so much wisdom. 

I appreciate your generosity so much. You are truly remarkable. 

You certainly are right about it being hard to make a decision. Today I looked at my beautiful son and I worried that he would lose his mother, either because I didn’t take the mirt and so I stayed in this withdrawal state without any energy for him, or because the mirt might not work at making me better and I would end up in hospital. So hard not to have dark thoughts when all the feelings are so horrid and yes then the thoughts and feelings spiral and feed of each other. 

It makes sense what you say about stopping the mirt but I also feel tempted just to stop it now before I’m dependent on it. 15 mg Is considered the starting dose so maybe I can escape it without worsening things. You haven’t motivated this action . I was considering it before we chatted. If it’s too much I can have it tomorrow at bed time. 

Im going to print out some of your messages to me so I can read them. 
Thankyou friend ❤️

• Mentor
3 minutes ago, Doctorsrcrap said:

read the books by baylissa fredrick.

oh that is a very good suggestion @Doctorsrcrap

The one book I read by Baylissa   gave me so much hope!! 

do you recall the titles of her books? I will try to find them when I get home

for now I need to get dressed and head out

thanks for chiming in @Doctorsrcrap

Thankyou doctor scrap

Do you feel scared about the future?  I mean tomorrow. I can’t commit to anything because I’m scared I won’t be able to do anything. It’s so irrational because I end up doing so much despite horrid withdrawal. I’m scared when my husband goes to work. I’m scared to commit to a walk with a friend. I’m scared of everything. It’s all neuro emotions but it’s debilitating. 

@Happy2Heal

Hey no worries. We've all got to support eqch other right. Jaffa is very lucky to have you in their corner. We all need a cheer leader. 

I believe they are recovery and renewal and then with hope in my heart. Both very good books. I've read them several times. What a wonderful thing to read. A first hand account of someone who has been through it and survived. 

Come on jaffa. Together we can beat this thing! 

June 2022- venlafaxine for 5 or 6 weeks at 37.5 twice daily. Upped for one week to 75mg twice daily but caused panic attacks. Dropped back down to 37.5 twice daily. Panic attacks stopped. 

21/11/22 76mg. 28/11/22 72mg. 05/12/22 68mg. 19/12/22 64mg. 27/12/22 60mg. 02/01/23 56mg. 09/01/23 50mg. 16/01/23 47mg. 23/01/23 44mg. 29/01/23 40mg. 05/02/23 38mg. 12/02/23 35mg. 19/02/23 32mg. 25/02/23 27mg. 04/03/23 25mg. 11/03/23 22mg. 17/03/23 19mg. 24/03/23 20mg. 05/04/23 18mg. 11/04/23 16mg. 17/04/23 14mg. 27/04/23 20mg. 19/06/23 19mg. 25/06/23 20mg. 04/08/23 18mg. 11/08/23 17mg. 16/08/23 16mg. 25/08/23 15mg. 01/09/23 14mg. 08/09/23 13mg. 15/08/23 12mg. 22/09/23 11mg. 29/09/23 10mg. 19/11/23 9mg. 26/11/23 8mg. 03/12/23 7mg. 10/12/23 6mg. 17/12/23 5mg. 24/12/23 4mg. 31/01/23 3mg. 07/01/24 2mg. 13/01/24 1mg. 19/01/24 0mg. DONE! 

Ok I’ll read Baylissa. Does she have an audiobook? I’ll check and see. It’s evening here and I feel a bit better in the evening. Thankyou drscrap

@Jaffa

I am scared every day. Every day I can't believe that I'm in this mess. And I'm a year at zero! 

It's the unbelievable factor. That this can happen and that no one can comprehend it unless they have been through it. 

If you haven't read those books I would give them a go. It won't make it go away but it sure beats reading all the negativity.

• Mentor

@Jaffa Hi Jaffa,

I read your thread and wanted to say hello. Here is a little of my story. I too was on Zoloft and when through many of the same symptoms you are experiencing. I had a caring doctor but when I experienced the symptoms from the Zoloft he added more drugs to take care of symptoms. I did not work out very well for me and eventually I just held at one dose for months and months and months.  I eventually started to taper again, very slowly because I am extremely sensitive to these types of drugs.  I did get off and returned to a normal life. 

I don't want to offer any advice to you because you did not ask. However if you have any questions for me or if I can be of support please let me know. You can do this using this symbol @ and then start to type my name. When you eventually see this @RachelSusan in the drop down menu you can click on it and type your message. This is all done in the reply box.

I wish you well in your recovery.

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

@Jaffa

I had a look and sadly baylissa hasnt done the books on audio sadly. If you are having trouble reading at the moment but you have some spare cash then I know if you join her website she has resources on there you can listen to, things like interviews with survivors, motivational videos etc. 

Just a thought 

• Administrator
20 hours ago, Jaffa said:

No I’ve never taken it before. It’s been recommended because my reaction to updosing Zoloft is Akathisia - which is worse than what I’m currently experiencing which is bad enough. So as mirt has a different mechanism of working I’m hoping it won’t make me worse but I am petrified.  What are your thoughts?

You can take any drugs you want but we cannot provide you peer advice if you keep changing your drugs.

I have repeatedly requested your daily notes to see if you are still suffering activation from Zoloft. If so, reducing the Zoloft would make sense.

Adding mirtazapine to counter excessive activation from Zoloft instead of reducing Zoloft is dumb, but if you prefer that, please talk to your prescriber if you have any problems.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi Alto, 

im sorry . I’m just really struggling. I did send you another post saying that I decided to stop the mirt 7.5 after two nights of use. I’ve decided to go back to trying to stay the course. I want to know if stopping mirt cold turkey is stupid and if I should taper more slowly? I just don’t want to become dependent on it. I’m sorry . I’m just terrified and I didn’t know the Zoloft may be activating me. I was at the end of my tolerance and I didn’t know what to do. I also mentioned in my last post that I would return to notes now . I’ve made notes today to put on here tomorrow . I’m finding this really hard . Please let me stay. 

11 hours ago, Doctorsrcrap said:

@Jaffa

I had a look and sadly baylissa hasnt done the books on audio sadly. If you are having trouble reading at the moment but you have some spare cash then I know if you join her website she has resources on there you can listen to, things like interviews with survivors, motivational videos etc. 

Just a thought 

Thankyou doctorscrap

@RachelSusan

Thankyou for your response. I really need support here. I see that you were not on Zoloft as long as me. You also didn’t updose and get Akathisia like I did. I feel like I’m a specially difficult case. I’m amazed by this late onset withdrawal after such a slow taper and being steady on the 25 mg for 9 months. I’m also petrified that having lost all resilience I took first time mirtazapine 7.5 for two nights but not last night. I’m scared out of my mind about what’s coming for me once this mirt is out of my system. I’m still feeling mildly better after mirt and I know it’s going to drop out soon and I’ll be it agony again. I’ve had to quit work and I’ve got2 teenagers - one with ASD and the other super sensitive . 
Im worried Alto is going to kick me out. She’s quite abrupt. Hard for me when I’m ultra sensitive. But she’s also amazing to be doing this work and helping so many. Any advice or support you offer I accept with gratitude. 🙏🏻

• Mentor
54 minutes ago, Jaffa said:

I feel like I’m a specially difficult case

Hello and I’m sorry you’re suffering so badly and are so scared. I know it is very scary. I have been there many times. Everyone here is suffering /has suffered in their own way, unfortunately none of our suffering is unique. The mods here have seen all the symptoms many times before and they can help you, but only if you do what they ask. If Alto is asking for daily notes then she won’t be able to help you without them. It is frustrating for people who are giving freely of their time to help when the “helpee” does not provide what is asked for. She is helping many people and only very very rarely “kicks people out” so I really don’t think you need to worry about that. She knows you are suffering and in pain but her role is to provide specific advice on tapering / stabilising. Emotional suooort is up to the rest of us! 

So please start keeping and posting regular daily notes (24 hours at a time) so Alto can help you. 

Again, I’m really sorry and hope you start feeling better soon ❤️

am not a medical professional. I provide information and make suggestions based on my own experience and SA guidelines. I am unable to respond to private messages. 

Mirtazepine 15mg Nov 2018 -April 2019  April - Sept 2019 Mirtazepine down to around 6mg - skipping days to taper

October 2019 - Dec 2019 unwell from failed taper including jumping about in doses 

15 December 2019 to 13 June 2021 15mg Mirtazepine 

14 June 2021 started brass monkey Slide.  
2021: 23 August 12.3mg, 28 October 11.1mg, 6 Dec 10mg

2022: 12 Feb 8.5, 25 Oct 4.5mg

2023: 16 Jan 3.6mg, 28 Sept 1.8mg

Thankyou, yes I understand. I’ve just had a run of extremely hard days. I’ve got notes coming tomorrow 🙏🏻

@Jaffa

Please dont worry about getting kicked off the forum. @Altostratais not mad at you but I imagine frustrated that you are not giving her the information she needs. All you need to do is do what she asks and then follow her guidance. All she wants is to help you but she can't do that unless you help her out. She has so many people needing her, a job quite frankly the poor woman never asked for and all you need to do is make her life a little easier by doing as asked. 

Do you think you can try and stay calm enough to follow her instructions from now on? 

Did you manage to look into those books? 

Haven’t looked at books yet but will. So tired from little sleep. Awake at 4:30 this morning shaking in bed until 7. What do you do when you wake with morning anxiety and pain in the torso - throat, solar plexus, stomach . I get jerky and agitated . I take a couple of paracetamol and grasp onto a hot water bottle and rock or shake. I try some deep breathing but these mornings are tough. 🙏🏻

• Mentor
2 minutes ago, Jaffa said:

What do you do when you wake with morning anxiety and pain in the torso - throat, solar plexus, stomach . I get jerky and agitated . I take a couple of paracetamol and grasp onto a hot water bottle and rock or shake. I try some deep breathing but these mornings are tough

yes mornings always seem to be the worst in early WD

If I couldn't get back to sleep in a half an hour, I would get up and do something, to distract myself

I felt worse if I stayed in bed

but that's just me, the anxiety made me want to move so I got up and went out for a walk if the sun was up and if the weather was ok for it

otherwise I puttered around the house and waited til others were up and then I went out LOL

but it's different for everyone 
I felt better getting out of my house and getting out of my head- If I stayed home, my thoughts would go to bad places and I didn't want to spend what little energy I had fighting them, you know?

but maybe resting in bed is what you need to do for now

the only way to find out is to try doing something different and see what happens, I guess

daily notes for the last two days.

Dear Alto, on the evening of the 23rd and 24th of July I started mirtazapine 7.5mg. It helped me sleep and gave me some calmness in the day but off course I still felt dreadful. As mentioned in my last post, Ive not felt like I can cope with this any longer which is why I started the mirt. After reading about the side effects however, Ive completely freaked out and stopped it cold turkey last night. I know this is not good for my brain, nervous system and overall healing . However I didn't want to become dependent on the dirt and made the difficult decision to just jump off. This will no doubt set me back. 

I did manage some sleep and rest last night with the 100 mg of progesterone and 2mg of prolonged release melatonin. I don't think Ive seen the worst of stopping dirt yet. ****!!

I'm going to keep trying with the withdrawal symptoms.

I have a question though. This withdrawal that's brought on by stress - is it going to get better? I am still on 25mg of the Zoloft which has quite possibly pooped out. Will being on this 25mg hinder me stabilising? Obviously Im petrified of not healing - for me but especially for my children. Im worried that my several severe akathisia episodes may have permanently damaged my brain receptors, architecture, whatever. 

Another thing :- last night I suddenly remembered that the first time I went in these drugs it wasn't Zoloft it was Paxil. I changed to Zoloft after 3 years so I could have a second baby ( after 2 failed attempts to come off the Paxil (with horrid akathisia on reinstatement). The changeover was not symptomatic except for acute diorreah which settled quite quickly at the time. I will update this in my signature if you think it's important. 

Im making daily notes again today to post tomorrow. The last two days I took the Zoloft as usual. Made an error in last notes saying I used progesterone in morning instead of estrogel. I only use progesterone at night.

Sincere thanks,

Jaffa

Notes - 

It was the 22nd and the 23rd of July that I took 7.5 mg of mirtazapine. I slept these nights from 10:30 -5 . Woke with anxiety and some sedative effects but no other side effects at that point. Didn't do notes because I thought I was leaving the group but I struggled with my choice and decided to continue. Apologies for making your work difficult.

Tues 25th of July

Awake at 2am, deep breathing then asleep 3-5am anxiety high 7/10

7:30 25mg Zoloft (moved this time from 8:30 so that I have more time between estrogel application)

anxiety 7/10 -tension in muscles of torso but less pain in throat, solar plexus and stomach ( probably still feeling the effects of the Mirt)

8:30 breakfast -vit D ,vit B, fish oil 330 mg

9am .75 mg estrogel (1 hour earlier than usual which I will now keep at this time) anxiety 6/10 all day leading to constant activity.Able to manage some sitting at the computer.

12:30 outing to shop and social security for my daughter. Managed anxiety 6/10 but still hyper aroused and alert.

1:30 Lunch - felt a little hungry for once ( probably mirt)

2:30 symptoms continue but calmer when my mind is occupied.

4:30 walk

5:30 bath still feeling tense but more manageable

7pm dinner

high anxiety all evening with tingling and burning throughout torso and neck and arms and tummy tight, throat, solar plexus area - awful.

9:30 2 panadol 

10pm progesterone 100mg,

10:15 2mg melatonin

Felt like the day was a bit more manageable despite the anxiety probably because the dirt is still in my system. However the evening was not so good before bed.

slept from 11 -4am then horrid morning waking anxiety. Hot water bottle against chest. Rocking in bed till 6:30 

• Mentor
20 minutes ago, Jaffa said:

Notes - 

It was the 22nd and the 23rd of July that I took 7.5 mg of mirtazapine. I slept these nights from 10:30 -5 . Woke with anxiety and some sedative effects but no other side effects at that point. Didn't do notes because I thought I was leaving the group but I struggled with my choice and decided to continue. Apologies for making your work difficult.

Tues 25th of July

Awake at 2am, deep breathing then asleep 3-5am anxiety high 7/10

7:30 25mg Zoloft (moved this time from 8:30 so that I have more time between estrogel application)

anxiety 7/10 -tension in muscles of torso but less pain in throat, solar plexus and stomach ( probably still feeling the effects of the Mirt)

8:30 breakfast -vit D ,vit B, fish oil 330 mg

9am .75 mg estrogel (1 hour earlier than usual which I will now keep at this time) anxiety 6/10 all day leading to constant activity.Able to manage some sitting at the computer.

12:30 outing to shop and social security for my daughter. Managed anxiety 6/10 but still hyper aroused and alert.

1:30 Lunch - felt a little hungry for once ( probably mirt)

2:30 symptoms continue but calmer when my mind is occupied.

4:30 walk

5:30 bath still feeling tense but more manageable

7pm dinner

high anxiety all evening with tingling and burning throughout torso and neck and arms and tummy tight, throat, solar plexus area - awful.

9:30 2 panadol 

10pm progesterone 100mg,

10:15 2mg melatonin

Felt like the day was a bit more manageable despite the anxiety probably because the dirt is still in my system. However the evening was not so good before bed.

slept from 11 -4am then horrid morning waking anxiety. Hot water bottle against chest. Rocking in bed till 6:30 

Alto is going to LOVE these great notes lol!

Disclaimer:  This is not professional medical advice but is based on personal experience only.

1994 - 2017:  Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Seroquel, Buspar, Lorazepam, Xanax, Ambien

2005-present:  Trazodone 50 mg 

2017:  Effexor XR 37.5 >> 75 mg 

2020 (March):  Began 10% monthly taper of Effexor XR (got down to 12 mg)

2021 (September):  Completely crashed.  Went back up to 37.5 mg but in doing so I kindled myself

2024:  1/1:  35.6 mg (-6 beads)  |  2/1:  33.8 mg (-11 beads)  |  3/1:  32.1 mg (-16 beads)  |   4/1:  (-18 beads)  |   5/1:  (-21 beads)

Reasons for starting psych meds:  PMDD/Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Other medications:  Levothyroxine 75 mcg

Supplements:  Dr. Berg's Electrolyte Powder on occasion   

😆that made me have a little laugh. Something I haven’t done in a while 💕

• Mentor
1 minute ago, Jaffa said:

😆that made me have a little laugh. Something I haven’t done in a while 💕

Hahaha...great!  😂 👍😃

Disclaimer:  This is not professional medical advice but is based on personal experience only.

1994 - 2017:  Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Seroquel, Buspar, Lorazepam, Xanax, Ambien

2021 (September):  Completely crashed.  Went back up to 37.5 mg but in doing so I kindled myself

2024:  1/1:  35.6 mg (-6 beads)  |  2/1:  33.8 mg (-11 beads)  |  3/1:  32.1 mg (-16 beads)  |   4/1:  (-18 beads)  |   5/1:  (-21 beads)

Hi all, 

I spoke to my beloved mum this morning. She is 89 and has lymphoma. She will most like die in the next year and I will be grief stricken. I know I shouldn’t be worrying about the future but this one is really hard. My sisters are all looking after her and I’ve now lost that privilege. I would like to know if anyone on this site has found themselves amidst psych drug withdrawal and had to also deal with grief? Any thoughts?

• Mentor
9 hours ago, Jaffa said:

Hi all, 

I spoke to my beloved mum this morning. She is 89 and has lymphoma. She will most like die in the next year and I will be grief stricken. I know I shouldn’t be worrying about the future but this one is really hard. My sisters are all looking after her and I’ve now lost that privilege. I would like to know if anyone on this site has found themselves amidst psych drug withdrawal and had to also deal with grief? Any thoughts?

Hey @Jaffa,  I'm sorry about your mom.  The Outro website is hosting a free webinar on August 9th about this very topic.  Here's the link:

Befriending Grief:  Learning Through Loss

• Administrator

You have a lot going on.

On 7/25/2023 at 3:21 PM, Jaffa said:

At what time did the "anxiety 7/10" occur? Was it present before you took Zoloft, or did it appear after you took Zoloft? What I need to know is how you feel after each dose compared to how you feel before each dose.

Please continue daily notes in this simple list format. Thank you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

26th July

woke 4am horrid anxiety rocking in bed

7:30 25mg zoloft

anxiety the same as when I woke for most of the morning

diorreah x 4

9am estrogel .75mg

9:30 breakfast

vit dub,fishoil 

11 am very flat and still anxious

12:30 walk and oddly anxiety increased this time

2 pm lunch

2-3:30 a time of relative calm, able to sit still

3:30 swimming pool - very flat and yucky feeling in tummy

5pm strong wave of anxiety

6 pm magnesium bath

7 pm dinner felt a bit calmer in evening till a sister rang and angrily told me I must go into hospital and take Mirtazapine. She really upset me.

8-10 self soothed 

10 pm bed  progesterone 100 mg, 2mg melatonin, 2 panadol and woke at 3am after falling asleep at 11pm. Awful anxiety till the morning and continuing all day today. Im very sleep deprived now and my symptoms are all at their worst today. very hard day today . worried I can't do anymore. 

I wonder if my very bad day today is because I took Miratzapine . Is this possibly a rebound. Its worse than usual. Its possibly also because Im so sleep deprived but hyper active . possibly bordering on mania

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Jaffa said:

I wonder if my very bad day today is because I took Miratzapine .

Maybe.

17 minutes ago, Jaffa said:

anxiety the same as when I woke for most of the morning

diorreah x 4

At what times o'clock did these occur? Is this anxiety your typical pattern -- anxiety before you take Zoloft continues after you take Zoloft?

How often do you get diarrhea in the morning?

I don’t really think that the anxiety increases after I take the Zoloft. It seems to stay high all morning with the other symptoms I mention - tight muscles in torso and burning or tingling in arms. My early morning waking seems to have got worse since I stopped mirtazapine that I took at 7.5 for two consecutive nights. 
The diorreah has always been a problem for me IBS but last two days it’s been especially bad - again , maybe the mirt. I’ve been eating a very clean strict diet ( easy because I have no appetite) that WAS low carb but I did break it the last two weeks with a lot more carbs than usual and a little bit of sugar.  More protein and less grain seems to help. It could be all these factors that increase the diorreah. As soon as I’m hit with anxiety I’m off to the toilet and always after eating. 
That morning was especially bad as was today . 
Sometimes I think anxiety is to simple a word for this awful collection of symptoms. The fear and neuro emotions are crippling. Hard to stay on top of them especially if sleep deprived.

🦘

• Administrator

Please continue daily notes in this simple list format. Thank you.

Dear Alto and friends at SA,

I’ve reached a very bad place. I’m sorry. I think I will need hospital. I will be leaving you all for a while. I cat continue like this . Feeling hopeless