modelarz71: Escitalopram PAWS request for advice

modelarz71

Some people have been using escitalipram for years and they are healing, I only have been on it for 6 months but I was euphoric on it and I think it remodeled my brain a lot. I stopped in XII 2022, It's been the 10th month now with sleepiness and fragmented sleep with constant bad dreams. Besides, my mood is terrible, nothing makes me happy at all, without feelings. I won't mention IBS, although turmeric probably helped a bit.indeed, maybe I will restore 0.15 mg again, as I was heartily told because I dont want go to hospital yet

2022 escitalopram from July 25 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg August-December- 7.5 mg, 5 mg, (1 month) 2.5 mg - C/T 
WD
2023 Short reinstatement from WD date: 

escitalopram May 25-June 12 5 mg, 2.5 mg plus interrupted

Reinstatement 24 07.23 0.5mg escitalopram, 18.08.23 0.22 escitalopram, 07.09. 0.28
Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

Last year 6 months on escitalopram, I was very agitated, hypomaniacal and with little need for sleep. 
Since July 2023 reinstated and reduced from 0.50 mg to 0.30 mg Lexapro - difficulty sleeping and lack of sleep, eye pain and IBS. Anhedonia. 

November 2023 - 0mg

FAITH. I wish I had faith again to counterbalance the dark side of the wizards who invented SSRIs.
I think then the anxiety would be less.
And suffering would be easier to bear.
I tried to paint a wall in my room today, but the activity did not interest me at all and the result disgusted me When I took SSRIs in 2022 I could not enjoy painting a wall at least as if I had painted some masterpiece in the Vatican.
Maybe because it was pink paint then?

2022 escitalopram from July 25 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg August-December- 7.5 mg, 5 mg, (1 month) 2.5 mg - C/T 
WD

Reinstatement 24 07.23 0.5mg escitalopram, 18.08.23 0.22 escitalopram, 07.09. 0.28
Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

Last year 6 months on escitalopram, I was very agitated, hypomaniacal and with little need for sleep. 
Since July 2023 reinstated and reduced from 0.50 mg to 0.30 mg Lexapro - difficulty sleeping and lack of sleep, eye pain and IBS. Anhedonia. 

November 2023 - 0mg

On 28.11.2023 at 22:19, Greatful said:

@modelarz71  To trudna podróż, w której uczestniczymy. Nie jestem pewien, czy bierzesz mniej niż 1 mg esci... czy to właśnie oznacza 0,30 mg? Dlaczego chcesz zwiększyć dawkę do 2,5 mg. Jeśli dobrze pamiętam, przy wyższych dawkach powodowało to pewną aktywację i manię. 

Jeśli możesz, unikałbym dodatkowych leków, nawet na niestrawność. Czy jesteś w stanie jeść? Czy nudności są problemem? Pij dużo wody, jeśli możesz. Jakie umiejętności radzenia sobie ze stresem pomogą Ci przetrwać cały dzień? Jakiego rodzaju problemy ze snem masz? Ile średnio śpisz.   

Nie, esci nie jest dla mnie dobre. To mnie nadmiernie aktywuje i sprawia, że mój mózg staje się odrętwiały. Próbuję się z tego wydostać. I zauważam, że im niżej schodzę, moja aktywacja i niepokój maleją.  

Wszystko będzie w porządku.  

Hello, are you still using escitalopram?
In my case, PAWS have done and are doing a lot of damage. Digestive problems, insomnia, extreme anxiety Now I have 0 mg .
I'm thinking maybe to reinstate again because it's hard to be so non-functional.
Wishing you much health

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

Hello.
I used to be euphoric on escitalopram
I am very worried and slowly losing everything.
The mods here are wise. In April 2023 I jumped off 2.5 mg of esitalopram which further messed up my stomach. I shouldn't do that. Then a few months around 0.5 mg escitalopram. I did not stabilize on that . so probably like some here I should go up and not quit. T
I had no physical symptoms like brain zaps . I have a sick stomach sleep problems , and severe depression I didn't have before SSRIs .
Now I have been on 0mg for two months,
If as I read I wrecked my vagus nerve and stomach I would prefer not to reinstate anymore because I doubt if escitalopram will cure the gastritis, but it is hard to count on improvement it is already 10 months
I'm sorry should I try to restore again ?

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

I think vagus nerve damage is difficult to fix.  I know I have it.  There are exercises and techniques to try and calm the vagus nerve, there are even implants to adjust it.  In general, techniques that calm one's nervous system generally will help the vagus nerve.  Do I think re-instating the Lexapro will help heal the vagus nerve?  No, I think the Lexapro is probably what damaged it.  It MAY help you cope with it, but it won't fix it.  I am no medical expert...just an attendee of the school of hard knocks.

• amitriptyline from 1980-2002,
  • intermittent  use of benzos over 2 decades prior to 2002
  • 2002-2010 Klonopin 1-2 mg., ambien 10--20, mg, remeron 4 mg. and  trileptal 300 mg
  • 2011 Stopped ambien and crossed over to valium 17.5 mg. (updosing 2.5 mg. to cover ambien C/T )
  • tapered valium w/ long holds to 12.74 mg. from a high of approximately 20-30 mg/day
  • 2015-present tapered trileptal aggressively for a year; now intermittently; interacts w/ other drugs
  • currently 2024 still on 96 mg. trileptal and 4 mg. remeron
  •  Currently on benzo hold as I have to cross-over from brand-name valium to generic diazepam.  
  • Current dose of diazepam is 8.8 and valium is 5.7.  I had to up-dose the total valium/diazepam from 12.74 to 14.5 where I have stayed since June 2023.  I am crossing over to generic at a somewhat tolerable rate of .3mg/month after about 2 months of trial/error w/ updosing.  I am not currently tapering; will continue to cross over. 

4 hours ago, savinggrace said:

Myślę, że uszkodzenie nerwu błędnego jest trudne do naprawienia. Wiem, że to mam. Istnieją ćwiczenia i techniki mające na celu uspokojenie nerwu błędnego, są nawet implanty, które go regulują. Ogólnie rzecz biorąc, techniki uspokajające układ nerwowy ogólnie pomogą nerwowi błędnemu. Czy myślę, że ponowne założenie Lexapro pomoże wyleczyć nerw błędny? Nie, myślę, że prawdopodobnie Lexapro go uszkodził. MOŻE pomóc Ci sobie z tym poradzić, ale tego nie naprawi. Nie jestem ekspertem w dziedzinie medycyny... po prostu jestem uczniem szkoły mocnych uderzeń.

Thank you for your reply. I read your story and was saddened by your digestive problems in particular. Several friends take AD and are fine but I remember being euphoric on what was probably not healthy

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

My son experienced euphoria on Lexapro and started using it to get high.  He no longer does that, but he got in legal trouble while being in a manic state.

Thank you for your kind words.  I have only eaten 10-12 foods, and mostly 5-6 for more years than I can count.  It's not the worse part of my suffering.  If only we could have a do-over...right?

I wish you well.

• 2002-2010 Klonopin 1-2 mg., ambien 10--20, mg, remeron 4 mg. and  trileptal 300 mg
  • 2011 Stopped ambien and crossed over to valium 17.5 mg. (updosing 2.5 mg. to cover ambien C/T )
  • tapered valium w/ long holds to 12.74 mg. from a high of approximately 20-30 mg/day
  • 2015-present tapered trileptal aggressively for a year; now intermittently; interacts w/ other drugs
  •  Currently on benzo hold as I have to cross-over from brand-name valium to generic diazepam.  
  • Current dose of diazepam is 8.8 and valium is 5.7.  I had to up-dose the total valium/diazepam from 12.74 to 14.5 where I have stayed since June 2023.  I am crossing over to generic at a somewhat tolerable rate of .3mg/month after about 2 months of trial/error w/ updosing.  I am not currently tapering; will continue to cross over. 

20 hours ago, savinggrace said:

Mój syn doświadczył euforii na Lexapro i zaczął go używać, aby się odurzyć. Już tego nie robi, ale będąc w stanie maniakalnym, wpadł w kłopoty prawne.

Dziękuję za miłe słowa. Zjadłem tylko 10-12 potraw, a przeważnie 5-6 przez więcej lat, niż mogę zliczyć. To nie jest najgorsza część mojego cierpienia. Gdybyśmy tylko mogli to powtórzyć… prawda?

Dobrze ci życzę.

Thank you for your message. It's sad that your son tried escitalopram, but I hope he doesn't suffer from it anymore. I hope mine won't try it and I ask him very much that he wouldn't try it even when I'm gone. When I was euphoric I thought this is what treatment is supposed to look like. I didn't know it was a narcotic effect and not a treatment.
About food: I constantly watch TV and when there are programs about different foods it makes me very sad that I will probably never taste them again in my life.
 In general, I watch a lot of TV now and I see how interesting the world is, we lost it because of these drugs.  Only 6 months of euphoria...and such changes in the brain - depression deepened a thousand times. If someone promised me recovery I would go even far away somewhere from civilization and clean up feces,  

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

Hello Modelarz71,

Wow! I can sure relate to all of what you said...even what you in your last sentence.

It is extremely tragic to be on a drug for such a short time and to experience really long term consequences.  I am so sorry.

I got all my gastrointestinal problems about 10 years ago.  Prior to that I just started getting sensitivities to more and more foods.  I have severe osteoporosis now because I don't tolerate the supplements my bones need.

I can't even remember life when I could eat even half the variety of foods I eat now.  I used to LOVE to cook.  It was more of a hobby than a chore.  I basked in the pleasures of cooking and entertaining others.  I cooked  a lot of ethnic food and then, as I got older and worried about my health I learned to tweak recipes to be delicious but healthier.

My husband and I still watch cooking shows.  I still enjoy them but try hard not to think about the fact that I will never be able to eat anything like what people cook.  Sometimes we have a whole cart of groceries and there are only one or two things in it that I can eat.  The grocery store can be depressing.  Mostly I am numb to the whole issue now.  Now I crave socialization,  even 50% less pain, a few good hours of restorative sleep in a row...the things that many take for granted.

I am so sorry this happened to you.  I was put on psychiatric drugs after one year of severe, undiagnosed, post-partum depression.  I haven't been drug free since 1981.  There was no internet until the late 90's for me.  I trusted my doctors.  I had no idea that my future was being stolen each time I took a pill.  At the age of nearly 70,   It is much too late and I am much too sick to think that life will ever get better and so I try to enjoy the little things when I can.

My best,

Grace

On 12/8/2023 at 11:40 AM, Kostas said:

First of all,

Please check it out with an ofthalmologist..

You had it for a long time..

Have you heard of anyone having posterior vitreous detachment in the eye from WD? There was such a thread here but I can't find it. I went to an ophthalmologist and she did such an examination. Sorry. 

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

On 2/7/2024 at 11:24 AM, modelarz71 said:

Have you heard of anyone having posterior vitreous detachment in the eye from WD? There was such a thread here but I can't find it. I went to an ophthalmologist and she did such an examination. Sorry. 

Modular’s,

I have had posterior vitreous detachment in both eyes about a year apart. It is treated as an emergency when it happens as the symptoms mimic retinal detachment so yes I should always be checked out. I doubt it has anything to do with withdrawal. This is not an unusual occurrence as we age. I am as 55-60 yeas old when mine happened. I have had no other eye problems since except cataracts that will need attention soon but I will be 70 this year.  

Grace 

1 hour ago, savinggrace said:

modułowe,

Miałem tylne odwarstwienie ciała szklistego w obu oczach w odstępie około roku. Kiedy to nastąpi, traktuje się to jako nagły przypadek, ponieważ objawy przypominają odwarstwienie siatkówki, więc tak, zawsze powinienem się przebadać. Wątpię, żeby to miało coś wspólnego z odstawieniem. Nie jest to niezwykłe zjawisko, gdy się starzejemy. Kiedy mój przypadek się wydarzył, miałem 55-60 lat. Od tego czasu nie mam żadnych innych problemów z oczami, z wyjątkiem zaćmy, która wkrótce będzie wymagała leczenia, ale w tym roku skończę 70 lat.  

Łaska 

I didn't know you had eye problems. I know about your problems with severe stomach sensitivity.
I constantly have intermittent sleep with uncool dreams in short I don't get enough sleep. 
Psychiatrists are now suggesting various things from quetapinum or pragabalin or rispolept to help me. Another says that if escitaopram worked so "wonderfully " it should be used again. 
But I think that all these preparations can again aggravate, for example, my stomach, which has been hurting less lately. today I ate, for example, broth and sausage, two rolls.
I know You can't eat much.

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

23 minutes ago, modelarz71 said:

I didn't know you had eye problems. I know about your problems with severe stomach sensitivity.
I constantly have intermittent sleep with uncool dreams in short I don't get enough sleep. 
Psychiatrists are now suggesting various things from quetapinum or pragabalin or rispolept to help me. Another says that if escitaopram worked so "wonderfully " it should be used again. 
But I think that all these preparations can again aggravate, for example, my stomach, which has been hurting less lately. today I ate, for example, broth and sausage, two rolls.
I know You can't eat much.

I don’t consider my eyes to be particularly problematic. I have always had pretty poor vision since an early age. Otherwise my eye problems are hormonal or even weather-related. I am experiencing extremely dry and annoying dry eyes this winter. 

Hello, I still have severe depression which increases stomach/IBS (?). I have been taking 0 mg of esci since November 25 and I would like to try to recover again because I just sit at home and watch TV and I am unkind to relatives who already want the hospital .
Today I watched the movie "Groundhog Day" and I feel just as bad, but in the movie the hero finally gets out of the vicious cycle and I can't. Can
anyone can advise?
In addition, crying

Would an MRI scan say anything about the receptors? (sorry for the stupid question)

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

0,0 nocy Kładę się spać
1:30 Zasypiam
kilka razy Budzę się i trzęsę
6:00 Budzę się potem w ciągu dnia Przeważnie chodzę z pokoju do pokoju Oglądam telewizję 
okulista przepisał fluorochinolowe krople do oczu

Edited by modelarz71
usterka

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

• getofflex changed the title to modelarz71: Escitalopram PAWS request for advice

Hi. There are a few sentences on the site about a sort of 'gastroprez' (GERD, rapid overfilling, bloating...) or vagus nerve damage or other cause. In my case it happened quickly before I found the site I restored 5 mg after 3 mthsc break and my stomach broke down quickly Is it permanent...? The gastrologist has massaged the abdomen and says IBS 

If there was an answer to this question, one could speculate whether restoration would help and cure it again....

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

Today I didn't fall asleep until about 4:00 pm. 
very annoying, maybe because the previous day I was at the ophthalmologist and he sprinkled atropine into my eyes.
Digestion slowed down but pain complaints less I have no idea why, I take a caspule of turmeric a day maybe something helps.

Maybe I should reintroduce 0.10 mg of esci that to sleep better and have any desire to do anything? I have been on 0 mg for almost 3 months now

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

Surely information about the need to reduce by 10% or restore from the lowest dose should be written on the leaflet of the drug , but unfortunately this is not the case. 
In my case, too much restoration spoiled the stomach, again the next small did not work and I kept like this for several months after which I stopped.
Now again I think you need to take a small dose and try, but will it help

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

Hello, I thought insomnia was horrible, but the symptoms of gastro are also terrible. I don't vomit, but when I eat a small portion of food, I soon feel full. But I eat more because I'm still hungry and after the second plate I feel like someone has pumped air into my stomach and I have the impression that if I eat dessert my stomach will burst like a balloon. Is it gastroparesis?

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

On 2/3/2024 at 11:16 PM, savinggrace said:

Hello Modelarz71,

Wow! I can sure relate to all of what you said...even what you in your last sentence.

It is extremely tragic to be on a drug for such a short time and to experience really long term consequences.  I am so sorry.

I got all my gastrointestinal problems about 10 years ago.  Prior to that I just started getting sensitivities to more and more foods.  I have severe osteoporosis now because I don't tolerate the supplements my bones need.

I can't even remember life when I could eat even half the variety of foods I eat now.  I used to LOVE to cook.  It was more of a hobby than a chore.  I basked in the pleasures of cooking and entertaining others.  I cooked  a lot of ethnic food and then, as I got older and worried about my health I learned to tweak recipes to be delicious but healthier.

My husband and I still watch cooking shows.  I still enjoy them but try hard not to think about the fact that I will never be able to eat anything like what people cook.  Sometimes we have a whole cart of groceries and there are only one or two things in it that I can eat.  The grocery store can be depressing.  Mostly I am numb to the whole issue now.  Now I crave socialization,  even 50% less pain, a few good hours of restorative sleep in a row...the things that many take for granted.

I am so sorry this happened to you.  I was put on psychiatric drugs after one year of severe, undiagnosed, post-partum depression.  I haven't been drug free since 1981.  There was no internet until the late 90's for me.  I trusted my doctors.  I had no idea that my future was being stolen each time I took a pill.  At the age of nearly 70,   It is much too late and I am much too sick to think that life will ever get better and so I try to enjoy the little things when I can.

My best,

Grace

My doctor suggests duloxetine . because it is supposed to help with my digestive problems and depression,I am very scared of it and don't want it,I doubt it will help my stomach and probably doubt it will fix my vagus nerve,this doctor and  blames it on my head when it comes to digestion.Do you have experience with stomach or would you take dulxetine/Cymbalta to help your stomach? After all, these drugs slow down digestion and not speed it up. Thank you very much if you would like to write something about it

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

1 hour ago, modelarz71 said:

My doctor suggests duloxetine . because it is supposed to help with my digestive problems and depression,I am very scared of it and don't want it,I doubt it will help my stomach and probably doubt it will fix my vagus nerve,this doctor and  blames it on my head when it comes to digestion.Do you have experience with stomach or would you take dulxetine/Cymbalta to help your stomach? After all, these drugs slow down digestion and not speed it up. Thank you very much if you would like to write something about it

No Modelarz,

I don’t take any drugs to improve my digestion and I absolutely would not consider another psych drug to improve digestion. As we have acknowledged, our vagus nerves are damaged. A anti-depressant would not fix that. 

Doctors choose to be ignorant about the harm the drugs they pass out cause. Yesterday my pulmonologist gave me a script for a drug that “has no side effects”. (An inhaler) When I looked it up, I quickly discovered it is an anti-cholinergic…well I have already had my share of anti-chooinergics and they basically “dry up” everything.  With gut/bladder/sinus problems, I can’t afford to aggravate any of those conditions. Not to mention that anti-cholinergics are a dangerous risk for dementia in older people (and I guess I am one! Going on 70) 

Back to you. I have never taken any meds for my gut. I eat very very carefully and my gut seldom feels okay but honestly I can’t add any more drugs to the mix so I don’t. I have not read your thread, but digestive problems, as horrible as they are, are best handled by trial and error with diet. (Of course after excluding other causes like H.Pylori, gall bladder, pancreas etc)

I am happy to tell you what and how I eat but it is a challenge that I wouldn’t wish on anyone. I am assuming you have taken standard precautions like limiting sugar, alcohol, caffeine, maybe dairy, maybe gluten, high histamine foods? FODMAPS?

Doctors know so little about the drugs they pass out. I am not saying they don’t help a lot of people but for various illnesses but taking something long-term for non life-threatening symptom/disease often just causes more or other problems. My life was ruined by taking their drugs for 50 years. Now I sometimes take the scripts t but do not fill it. If I tell them about the side effects I get, or those likely will occur, I get written off. 

Ironically, I say…go with your gut. Cymbalta is not going to fix your gut and it will definitely cause other problems. 20 years ago I took it for 3 days and was suicidal. 

Hope this wasn’t too emphatic. I think my arrogant doctor yesterday has just made me pretty fed up. 

Grace

On 2/21/2024 at 10:44 PM, savinggrace said:

No Modelarz,

I don’t take any drugs to improve my digestion and I absolutely would not consider another psych drug to improve digestion. As we have acknowledged, our vagus nerves are damaged. A anti-depressant would not fix that. 

Doctors choose to be ignorant about the harm the drugs they pass out cause. Yesterday my pulmonologist gave me a script for a drug that “has no side effects”. (An inhaler) When I looked it up, I quickly discovered it is an anti-cholinergic…well I have already had my share of anti-chooinergics and they basically “dry up” everything.  With gut/bladder/sinus problems, I can’t afford to aggravate any of those conditions. Not to mention that anti-cholinergics are a dangerous risk for dementia in older people (and I guess I am one! Going on 70) 

Back to you. I have never taken any meds for my gut. I eat very very carefully and my gut seldom feels okay but honestly I can’t add any more drugs to the mix so I don’t. I have not read your thread, but digestive problems, as horrible as they are, are best handled by trial and error with diet. (Of course after excluding other causes like H.Pylori, gall bladder, pancreas etc)

I am happy to tell you what and how I eat but it is a challenge that I wouldn’t wish on anyone. I am assuming you have taken standard precautions like limiting sugar, alcohol, caffeine, maybe dairy, maybe gluten, high histamine foods? FODMAPS?

Doctors know so little about the drugs they pass out. I am not saying they don’t help a lot of people but for various illnesses but taking something long-term for non life-threatening symptom/disease often just causes more or other problems. My life was ruined by taking their drugs for 50 years. Now I sometimes take the scripts t but do not fill it. If I tell them about the side effects I get, or those likely will occur, I get written off. 

Ironically, I say…go with your gut. Cymbalta is not going to fix your gut and it will definitely cause other problems. 20 years ago I took it for 3 days and was suicidal. 

Hope this wasn’t too emphatic. I think my arrogant doctor yesterday has just made me pretty fed up. 

Grace

Thank you for your message. It is very nice that you wrote back. The pain is not all day but it is unpleasant and very annoying and depressing. 
However, when the psychiatrist says that t is not for the drug and I know that it is related I feel bad to even discuss it.
In the face of such indifference, I guess I should be glad that my vagus nerve is somehow working after all, because digestion exists. this psychiatrist said that some patients tell her that they don't get a good sweat for a few months, I don't know if she said it as a terrible joke, but maybe when I take more psychiatric drugs it is also possible, and some people have that.
As for diets, I just don't understand the principle of how they help the vagus nerve, or is it that food doesn't irritate the gut when it's there too long because that nerve has slowed down?

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

2 hours ago, modelarz71 said:

Thank you for your message. It is very nice that you wrote back. The pain is not all day but it is unpleasant and very annoying and depressing. 
However, when the psychiatrist says that t is not for the drug and I know that it is related I feel bad to even discuss it.
In the face of such indifference, I guess I should be glad that my vagus nerve is somehow working after all, because digestion exists. this psychiatrist said that some patients tell her that they don't get a good sweat for a few months, I don't know if she said it as a terrible joke, but maybe when I take more psychiatric drugs it is also possible, and some people have that.
As for diets, I just don't understand the principle of how they help the vagus nerve, or is it that food doesn't irritate the gut when it's there too long because that nerve has slowed down?

Hi again,

I don't know that all your digestive ailments are due to vagus nerve problems.  It could possibly be that you have been sensitized (like I was) to various foods and they are causing your digestive problems.  Various foods affect the gut in various ways and since our intestines are lined with neuro-transmitters, the gut is our second brain, so it makes sense that what you eat will affect how you feel in any number of ways.  I have gastroparesis, which is a vagus nerve problem (likely) but I also have IBS, Barrett's esophagus, and SIBO, so food restrictions have been necessary.

I just think assuming an anti-depressant is going to help you digestion is unlikely.  It might, in the short term, but it is affecting your dopamine, serotonin, etc. levels and those receptors all line your intestines.

Sorry if I am confusing you.  I used to be able to eat whatever I wanted even when I was on these drugs.  Then I got IBS from traveling and my digestive sickness started and just got worse and worse.  I weight 86# and eat about 12 foods and still have gut pain most of the time (unless it has been 8 or more hours since I have eaten)

Grace

On 23.02.2024 at 00:53, savinggrace said:

Witaj ponownie,

Nie wiem, czy wszystkie Twoje dolegliwości trawienne wynikają z problemów z nerwem błędnym. Możliwe, że jesteś uczulony (tak jak ja) na różne pokarmy, które powodują problemy trawienne. Różne pokarmy wpływają na jelita na różne sposoby, a ponieważ nasze jelita są wyłożone neuroprzekaźnikami, jelita są naszym drugim mózgiem, więc logiczne jest, że to, co jesz, na wiele sposobów wpływa na Twoje samopoczucie. Mam gastroparezę, która jest (prawdopodobnie) chorobą nerwu błędnego, ale mam też IBS, przełyk Barretta i SIBO, więc konieczne były ograniczenia w jedzeniu.

Po prostu myślę, że założenie, że lek przeciwdepresyjny pomoże ci w trawieniu, jest mało prawdopodobne. Może to na krótką metę, ale wpływa na poziom dopaminy, serotoniny itp., a wszystkie te receptory wyścielają twoje jelita.

Przepraszam, jeśli wprowadzam Cię w błąd. Kiedyś mogłem jeść, co chciałem, nawet będąc na tych lekach. Potem dostałem IBS z powodu podróży i zaczęła się moja choroba trawienna, która stawała się coraz gorsza. Ważę 86# i jem około 12 pokarmów i nadal przez większość czasu odczuwam ból jelit (chyba że minęło 8 lub więcej godzin od ostatniego posiłku)

Łaska

l

I think you did not mislead me, because I can see on my own body what SSRIs have caused with my digestion. 
I also used to eat everything in any quantity (it was paradise) before I started taking SSRIs, when I started taking them I had a feeling of overflow in my stomach, but it wasn't a problem and I could still eat everything in any quantity, and when I started discontinuing SSRIs and started taking them everything broke down.

I have been to a psychiatrist because my sister took me in the psychiatrist recommended duloxetine plus for sleep trazodone (?) possibly instead of duloxetine again escitalopram but dwka 10 to 15 mg. I remembered that I once reverted to 5 mg and got gastroparesis. I know I have a serious gastrointestinal problem but my guess is that these medications/drugs won't cure it just make it worse.
I watched a documentary on TV about how Hitler got drug injections and then was very energetic but had sleep problems and then dyskinesias. 
When I got SSRIs I was very energetic but started having sleep problems, now sometimes involuntary muscle movements (but very subtle so I don't think about it at all) I saw the obvious similarities between what the doctor gave me and what they gave Hitler. Very sad for me because I'm a loyal citizen and I've never tried banned substances or even legal highs, I didn't even take benzos because they said they were addictive, but no one said SSRIs were addictive and here a medical doctor put me in a medical cesspoo

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

-2:00 PM I fall asleep at night
constant dreams, I wake up once or twice and there are twitches and I fall asleep again I sleep until 9:00 PM
- in the morning it is difficult to move my eyes right and left
- 10:00 PM hysterical because difficulty swallowing in the esophagus as if a gullet, this was not there 10 months only now for a week
-16:00 I eat soup, then the pressure of the ball in my stomach I can't eat any more
- I think maybe I'm getting tired unnecessarily and I would take 5-10 mg of escitalopram everything would go away?

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

Sorry November 25, 2023 I jumped from 0.20 mg esci to 0 mg that is passing 3 months Will 0.10 mg reinstatement be good?
I feel nada bad maybe even worse than when I was on 0.20 mg because then I was watching TV and even liked it and now I watch TV to make time fly I still have IBS, bloodshot eyes, waking up at night and falling asleep for 2 hours , anhedonia ...but I sleep a total of about 5-6 hours
oppressive to the family, besides, such a life is no future, I only fear that it can get worse and I don't miss esci at all.

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

On 1/20/2024 at 12:57 AM, getofflex said:

W porządku. To prawdopodobnie najlepsze rozwiązanie, ponieważ w przyszłości nie będziesz musiał stosować żadnego taperingu. Tak długo jak będziesz trzymać się z dala od karuzeli leków i odpowiednio o siebie dbasz, powinieneś stopniowo się poprawiać, z oknami i falami. Zajmuje to dużo czasu, jest bardzo, bardzo powolne. Nadal dochodzę do siebie po zeskoczeniu z Lexapro 18 miesięcy temu, ale z biegiem czasu czuję się coraz lepiej. Proszę całkowicie trzymać się z daleka od alkoholu - może to powodować duże problemy. Rób rzeczy, które Cię uspokajają i koją, a unikaj rzeczy, które nadmiernie Cię ekscytują i stresują. Spacery na świeżym powietrzu są bardzo dobre.  

I still haven't restored 0.1 mg of escitalopram as you advised. I'm just scared because I've been reading the forum for the past 10 months about the horrors of these drugs.  I stopped 0.20 mg on November 25, 2023. 

Every day I hope to feel better that is why I have not reinstated. It's already been 3 months  and time is flying I'm afraid I'll wait so a year,
I have no brain zaps or tingling or burning.
Unfortunately I have other i.e. severe depression i.e. I sit at home in a frozen state in front of the tv and sometimes go to the kitchen.
When I go out on the town because I have to do something I have a constant panic (but I don't scream) I just walk slowly like I have a bag of rocks on my back.
From WD I got IBS (?) people write that restoration won't help it. 
I'm afraid that a little restoration will spoil my already poor though better sleep.
However, I imagine that I restore, go up later and will be happy because I used to have hypomania from 5 mg.
However, if I don't try it and stop going at all or my family puts me in the hospital the doctor will put me on 15 mg and add trazodone which I've already been told.
I was already back from 0.50 to 0.20 mg in 2023 but I needlessly quit I guess
I think I need the triptans again....

I already know that reinstatement at a low dose did not help with my IBS which caused the WD of escitalopram , but I am quietly hoping that if I reinstate and get to a higher dose of e.g. 2.5 mg and it will help....

Sorry

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

55 minutes ago, modelarz71 said:

I still haven't restored 0.1 mg of escitalopram as you advised. I'm just scared because I've been reading the forum for the past 10 months about the horrors of these drugs.  I stopped 0.20 mg on November 25, 2023. 

Every day I hope to feel better that is why I have not reinstated. It's already been 3 months  and time is flying I'm afraid I'll wait so a year,
I have no brain zaps or tingling or burning.
Unfortunately I have other i.e. severe depression i.e. I sit at home in a frozen state in front of the tv and sometimes go to the kitchen.
When I go out on the town because I have to do something I have a constant panic (but I don't scream) I just walk slowly like I have a bag of rocks on my back.
From WD I got IBS (?) people write that restoration won't help it. 
I'm afraid that a little restoration will spoil my already poor though better sleep.
However, I imagine that I restore, go up later and will be happy because I used to have hypomania from 5 mg.
However, if I don't try it and stop going at all or my family puts me in the hospital the doctor will put me on 15 mg and add trazodone which I've already been told.
I was already back from 0.50 to 0.20 mg in 2023 but I needlessly quit I guess
I think I need the triptans again....

I already know that reinstatement at a low dose did not help with my IBS which caused the WD of escitalopram , but I am quietly hoping that if I reinstate and get to a higher dose of e.g. 2.5 mg and it will help....

Sorry

What a horrible story! I recognize a lot. Although on a very high dose, I also had the hypomania, when on citalopram, not escitalopram like you.

I hope you will start to feel better as quickly as possible.

Stay strong!💪🏻

1 hour ago, OffPills said:

Co za straszna historia! Rozpoznaję wiele. Chociaż przy bardzo dużej dawce, też miałem hipomanię, kiedy brałam citalopram, a nie escitalopram jak ty.

Mam nadzieję, że poczujesz się lepiej tak szybko, jak to możliwe.

Badź silny! 💪🏻

Thank you for your message, I wish my story was less sad.
Good that you are stabilizing, I wonder how long you were in hypomania, on cital. 
I'm scared but I think I'll reinstall  again because I can't manage to function like that.
I didn't even know it was hypomania because I hadn't used any drugs before, and now I see that I was 6 months into the "high"
I thought SSRIs cure so miraculously, I remember I went to see the movie : "Abba" and the colors and music and life seemed so wonderful and problem-free and it was a high on 2.5 mg SSRI.
I am 50 years old I have and so stupid I did not know about drugs 

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

You're not stupid that you didn’t know about these meds. We all were misinformed. If I would’ve known I would not have taken them either.

It seems that you are very sensitive when being hypomanic on such a low dose. In my case I only experienced hypomania when on the very high dose of 60mg of citalopram, for a few months, and when I lowered to 40mg the hypomania disappeared. Nowadays doctors don’t prescribe this high dose anymore because of the risk of heart problems. 

I really understand why you want to reinstall. Please be careful. You could consider to start with a very low dose like 0,1 mg and see how you feel.

(I wonder what the moderators would advise)

• Moderator Emeritus
On 3/7/2024 at 1:39 PM, modelarz71 said:

No problem.  You can also recover without reinstating.  Just bear in mind that the longer you wait to reinstate, the less likely it is the reinstatement will work.  Please do work on learning some non drug skills for coping with and managing your symptoms.  

Important topics about symptoms, including sleep problems

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

On 2/21/2024 at 10:44 PM, savinggrace said:

No Modelarz,

Grace

Do you have any new thoughts about your stomach situation? have you done much research? Maybe I'll do a tube study through my mouth - gastrology to see what's going on in my stomach because something happened there through escitalpram. Did you do such a test and did it show anything?
I recently tried a capsule for digestion betaine and pepsin but I think I just had more pain in my stomach. today I was in pain since morning on a scale of 10 maybe 5 I went to the store with my old mom but was not nice because I was in pain. 
I have less pain - tenderness when the stomach is filled with for example potatoes = then I don't feel pain but a feeling of overfilling.
Maybe I will do a tube examination through my mouth - gastrology to see what is going on in my stomach because something happened there through escitalpram

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

1 hour ago, modelarz71 said:

Do you have any new thoughts about your stomach situation? have you done much research? Maybe I'll do a tube study through my mouth - gastrology to see what's going on in my stomach because something happened there through escitalpram. Did you do such a test and did it show anything?
I recently tried a capsule for digestion betaine and pepsin but I think I just had more pain in my stomach. today I was in pain since morning on a scale of 10 maybe 5 I went to the store with my old mom but was not nice because I was in pain. 
I have less pain - tenderness when the stomach is filled with for example potatoes = then I don't feel pain but a feeling of overfilling.
Maybe I will do a tube examination through my mouth - gastrology to see what is going on in my stomach because something happened there through escitalpram

I have had several endoscopies that looked at my esophagus and my stomach.  The doctor found nothing to explain my symptoms.  Enzymes like you took always give me stomach pain though many people recommend them for digestion.  I can't remember if you are on any special elimination diets to see if particular foods are making you worse...

Grace

49 minutes ago, savinggrace said:

I have had several endoscopies that looked at my esophagus and my stomach.  The doctor found nothing to explain my symptoms.  Enzymes like you took always give me stomach pain though many people recommend them for digestion.  I can't remember if you are on any special elimination diets to see if particular foods are making you worse...

Grace

Surprising that nothing came up in your tests and you have such serious problems 
I don't use because I eat nervously, but I noticed a strange regularity that the pain is greater when I'm hungry, when I eat fast bloating and no pain so I prefer to be bloated even with the feeling of overeating....
I just noticed that raw apples or citrus seem to make it worse,
All the problems started when I reinstated escitalopram at a dose of 5 mgg after 3 months off...spring 2023....
Then I reinstated at 0.5mg but nothing helped, I keep thinking that if I took it again at a higher dose digestion would improve but I guess that's a dream because apparently something was broken,,,,

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

17 minutes ago, modelarz71 said:

Surprising that nothing came up in your tests and you have such serious problems 
I don't use because I eat nervously, but I noticed a strange regularity that the pain is greater when I'm hungry, when I eat fast bloating and no pain so I prefer to be bloated even with the feeling of overeating....
I just noticed that raw apples or citrus seem to make it worse,
All the problems started when I reinstated escitalopram at a dose of 5 mgg after 3 months off...spring 2023....
Then I reinstated at 0.5mg but nothing helped, I keep thinking that if I took it again at a higher dose digestion would improve but I guess that's a dream because apparently something was broken,,,,

Oh, something had already come up.  I have Barrett's esophagus, gastroparesis, IBS, and SIBO.  Despite years of eating carefully and specifically for these conditions, nothing showed up in my stomach.  Gastroparesis would not show up as it is a motility problem.  THAT showed up in a gastric emptying test.  It is a symptom; not a disease...likely due to vague nerve damage.

2 hours ago, savinggrace said:

O, coś już wypadło. Mam przełyk Barretta, gastroparezę, IBS i SIBO. Pomimo lat ostrożnego odżywiania się i stosowania specjalnie na te schorzenia, w moim żołądku nie pojawiło się nic. Gastropareza nie byłaby widoczna, ponieważ jest to problem z poruszaniem się. TO wykazało się w teście opróżniania żołądka. Jest to objaw; nie choroba...prawdopodobnie z powodu niejasnego uszkodzenia nerwu.

I understand I was just thinking if something came out in the stomach itself with the gastric membrane etc I read that you are also still taking some medications and digestive diseases still sau you as if it is incurable. doctors should help something and they are not helping they should know the cause of it all ....

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg