modelarz71: Escitalopram PAWS request for advice

modelarz71

On 29.08.2023 at 00:51, Happy2Heal said:

Myślę, że to musi być twoja decyzja

Gdybym to był ja, nie wracałbym na górę

Myślę, że Twoje problemy trawienne z czasem miną.

Z mojego doświadczenia wynika, że problemy trawienne spowodowane odstawieniem nie trwały długo

właśnie wtedy, gdy myślisz, że nie możesz już tego znieść, to odchodzi!!

czy próbowałeś śliwek na zaparcia, jeśli to jest twój problem?

również samo położenie się na plecach i poruszanie nogami jak na rowerze może pomóc w wypróżnieniu i ułatwieniu oddawania stolca

czasami pomaga picie ciepłej wody

I'm sorry, I have this strange symptom now, like red eyes, such veins in the eyes, I thought it was from watching too much tv but I think it may be a symptom of WD. sister says that because of lack of sleep, thank you very much,

2022 escitalopram from July 25 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg August-December- 7.5 mg, 5 mg, (1 month) 2.5 mg - C/T 
WD
2023 Short reinstatement from WD date: 

escitalopram May 25-June 12 5 mg, 2.5 mg plus interrupted

Reinstatement 24 07.23 0.5mg escitalopram, 18.08.23 0.22 escitalopram, 07.09. 0.28
Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

Last year 6 months on escitalopram, I was very agitated, hypomaniacal and with little need for sleep. 
Since July 2023 reinstated and reduced from 0.50 mg to 0.30 mg Lexapro - difficulty sleeping and lack of sleep, eye pain and IBS. Anhedonia. 

November 2023 - 0mg

Currently, intermittent sleep, stomach problems, is not very good, but it is because of this problem with the stomach, I use probiotics, milk thistle

2022 escitalopram from July 25 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg August-December- 7.5 mg, 5 mg, (1 month) 2.5 mg - C/T 
WD

Reinstatement 24 07.23 0.5mg escitalopram, 18.08.23 0.22 escitalopram, 07.09. 0.28
Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

Last year 6 months on escitalopram, I was very agitated, hypomaniacal and with little need for sleep. 
Since July 2023 reinstated and reduced from 0.50 mg to 0.30 mg Lexapro - difficulty sleeping and lack of sleep, eye pain and IBS. Anhedonia. 

November 2023 - 0mg

I had problems with low mood for 7 years, but I coped. Now the WD is miserable, I sleep but I wake up, I have stomach problems, low mood, strong anhedonia, I only watch TV at home. I think I have to give up and take 2.5 mg of esci and then maybe 5 mg, but then I would have to add other drugs because escitalopram activates it and spoiled my sleep (now it's spoiled anyway). I don't know what to do and I'm slowly breaking down. Maybe someone can advise me. Regards

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

I am devastated because my symptoms resemble gastroparesis, what should I do? Will increasing the dose of talopram restore normal digestion? Why didn't doctors inform  about the possible effects of withdrawal? It's dangerous. I would never take it. Rhetorical question.

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

• Mentor
11 minutes ago, modelarz71 said:

I am devastated because my symptoms resemble gastroparesis, what should I do? Will increasing the dose of talopram restore normal digestion? Why didn't doctors inform  about the possible effects of withdrawal? It's dangerous. I would never take it. Rhetorical question.

I am so sorry you are still having these issues

I had to look up gastroparesis, so your digestion is sluggish? are you constipated?

do you get out to walk for 30 mins a day or do some other sort of gentle exercise? this may help

I can't tell you if increasing the dose will help, I think maybe not.. but I don't know. I have asked that someone else look in on your thread, someone with more knowledge than I have

yes it is very frustrating and frankly infuriating that we were not warned about all this, I agree

are you on any T2 diabetes medications? those can slow digestion

I has the opposite problem going off of this drug, everything ran thru my stomach and intestines very very fast, and that is when I lost a lot of weight

I needed to lose weight so I was not too upset by this.

I wish I had some ideas for you!!

how long have you had the stomach problems?

quite often, we'll have a symptom in withdrawal for a few weeks or even a few months, and just when we think we can't take it any more, that symptom goes away

sometimes it is replaced by a different one, but at least things change so that we are not always battling the same problem

not especially encouraging I know but as much as you can, try to distract yourself from the uncomfortable feelings

It is hard but sometimes that is the best we can do while we wait for our bodies to heal

I will ask again for someone to take a look at your thread to see if anyone has suggestions for you

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGES, thank you. 

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • PRESENT DAYS:  Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 

Thank you very much for your answer.
I'm glad you remember me and I admire your courage in the fight against WD.
My digestion is delayed, my stomach feels full quickly, I eat half of dinner and then I can't eat anymore. I'm not constipated, I'll walk more. probiotics and milk thistle do not help. reportedly gastroparesis may be caused by neurological damage to the system. (among other things) For me it was from withdrawal. Maybe the WD started the neurological damage.

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

• Mentor
1 hour ago, modelarz71 said:

My digestion is delayed, my stomach feels full quickly, I eat half of dinner and then I can't eat anymore. I'm not constipated, I'll walk more. probiotics and milk thistle do not help. reportedly gastroparesis may be caused by neurological damage to the system. (among other things) For me it was from withdrawal.

has a doctor done tests and diagnosed you with gastroparesis?

or are you using this term because it seems to be the only one that fits your symptoms?

Withdrawal comes with so many symptoms and typically if you do see a Dr for these symptoms, they can't find anything wrong at least on tests and blood work etc.

that does not mean you don't have those symptoms, of course

Many symptoms in people just in general, not just those going thru withdrawal, are diagnosed as being Idiopathic, or in other words, they don't know what is causing them (sometimes as they learn more,  they eventually figure out what is causing the symptoms)

unless you've been diagnosed with gastroparesis by having tests done by a qualified doctor I would put aside your fears of this being a condition you have

you are going thru withdrawal, you will have many odd and confusing symptoms but they will all go away eventually.

it is hard to wait.

it's a good thing to try to distract yourself and to stay away from googling your symptoms.

it's not going to help you!

slow stomach emptying can be caused by anxiety and stress alone.

you seem to be quite stressed and anxious about many things

perhaps if you tried to focus on finding ways to calm yourself down, you would start to feel better

From time to time, my stomach will fill up quickly after not eating much and the food will just sit there and not move thru my digestion for a long time, for me this usually ends up causing some constipation, because my entire digestive tract is sluggish, not just my stomach 

I have found that for ME, walking helps for the constipation, and relaxing and working on reducing stress helps the MOST  for all the rest.

please don't worry about having permanent issues, you are not going to

virtually everyone who comes here is afraid of the same thing but they all recover! the symptoms they thought would never go away, do go away

and they are back to a good life again

you will get there too!

what do you do for fun?

do you have friends and family to hang out with and do stuff with?

are you currently able to work?

hang in there, you are going to heal. 

try not to worry so much!!

worry is like rocking in a rocking chair, you use up a lot of energy but it gets you nowhere!! 

save your energy for doing things to help yourself handle the symptoms

including distracting yourself from the things that you  can't change right now, while you wait for your body to heal

•  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
56 minutes ago, Happy2Heal said:

czy lekarz zrobił badania i zdiagnozował u Ciebie gastroparezę?

czy używasz tego terminu, ponieważ wydaje się, że jest on jedynym, który pasuje do Twoich objawów?

Odstawienie wiąże się z wieloma objawami i zazwyczaj, jeśli udasz się do lekarza z powodu tych objawów, nie znajdzie on niczego złego, przynajmniej w badaniach, badaniach krwi itp.

nie oznacza to oczywiście, że nie masz takich objawów

Wiele objawów u ludzi, nie tylko u tych, którzy przechodzą przez odstawienie, diagnozuje się jako idiopatyczne, czyli innymi słowy, nie wiedzą, co jest ich przyczyną (czasami, gdy dowiadują się więcej, w końcu odkrywają, co jest przyczyną objawy)

chyba że na podstawie badań wykonanych przez wykwalifikowanego lekarza zdiagnozowano u Ciebie gastroparezę, odłożyłbym na bok obawy, że jest to schorzenie, na które cierpisz

przechodzisz okres odstawienia, będziesz mieć wiele dziwnych i mylących objawów, ale wszystkie w końcu znikną.

trudno jest czekać.

dobrze jest spróbować odwrócić swoją uwagę i trzymać się z daleka od wygooglowania objawów.

to ci nie pomoże!

powolne opróżnianie żołądka może być spowodowane samym niepokojem i stresem.

wydajesz się być bardzo zestresowany i zaniepokojony wieloma sprawami

być może, gdybyś spróbował skupić się na znalezieniu sposobów na uspokojenie się, zacząłbyś czuć się lepiej

Od czasu do czasu mój żołądek szybko się zapełnia, gdy nie jem zbyt dużo, a jedzenie po prostu tam siedzi i nie przechodzi przez proces trawienia przez długi czas, u mnie zwykle kończy się to pewnymi zaparciami, ponieważ cały mój przewód pokarmowy jest powolny , nie tylko mój brzuch 

Odkryłem, że w moim przypadku chodzenie pomaga na zaparcia, a relaks i praca nad redukcją stresu NAJBARDZIEJ pomaga na całą resztę.

nie martw się, że masz trwałe problemy, nie będziesz ich mieć

praktycznie każdy, kto tu przychodzi, boi się tego samego, ale wszyscy wracają do zdrowia! objawy, o których myśleli, że nigdy nie znikną, rzeczywiście ustępują

i znów wrócili do dobrego życia

ty też tam dotrzesz!

co robisz dla zabawy?

czy masz przyjaciół i rodzinę, z którymi możesz spędzać czas i robić różne rzeczy?

czy jesteś obecnie zdolny do pracy?

trzymaj się, wyzdrowiejesz. 

spróbuj się tak nie martwić!!

martwienie się jest jak bujanie się w fotelu bujanym, zużywasz dużo energii, ale donikąd nie prowadzisz!! 

oszczędzaj energię na robienie rzeczy, które pomogą Ci uporać się z objawami

włączając w to odwracanie uwagi od rzeczy, których nie możesz teraz zmienić, podczas oczekiwania, aż Twoje ciało się zagoi

I diagnosed gastro myself because I looked up names for my symptoms and it suited me.
My son visited me today because I live with my mother. I told him life is beautiful, enjoy it: you have good digestion, you can exercise, but then he saw me devastated, and I had always been a role model for him. 7 years Many thanks

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

• Mentor

you are going to heal and be just fine

It takes time that's all

hang in there

Your son loves you no matter what, don't worry about that

ok

I think I'll give up and increase the ESC because the current one doesn't help and it's still non-functional.

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

1) Bad sleep, I wake up from time to time and fall asleep again, I go to bed at midnight but it is difficult to fall asleep.

2) 9.00.  breakfast.

3) Escitalopram 0.25mg

4) Toilet. When the stomach becomes empty, it slowly starts to hurt.

4) I eat again  to fill my stomach.

The pain decreases after the stomach is full, but feeling  it is still there

5) Sweating and slight stomach pain

6)Focused behind moderate stomach pain that becomes almost immobile and sluggish.

I keep thinking what it would be like if I didn't take escilatopram in June 2022 and just went on vacation. I can't function with so many symptoms.

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

Has anyone had a calprotectin test (Troubles with inestines). done due to withdrawal problems and what's next? 

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

On 10.09.2023 at 21:04, Happy2Heal said:

czy lekarz zrobił badania i zdiagnozował u Ciebie gastroparezę?

czy używasz tego terminu, ponieważ wydaje się, że jest on jedynym, który pasuje do Twoich objawów?

Odstawienie wiąże się z wieloma objawami i zazwyczaj, jeśli udasz się do lekarza z powodu tych objawów, nie znajdzie on niczego złego, przynajmniej w badaniach, badaniach krwi itp.

nie oznacza to oczywiście, że nie masz takich objawów

Wiele objawów u ludzi, nie tylko u tych, którzy przechodzą przez odstawienie, diagnozuje się jako idiopatyczne, czyli innymi słowy, nie wiedzą, co jest ich przyczyną (czasami, gdy dowiadują się więcej, w końcu odkrywają, co jest przyczyną objawy)

chyba że na podstawie badań wykonanych przez wykwalifikowanego lekarza zdiagnozowano u Ciebie gastroparezę, odłożyłbym na bok obawy, że jest to schorzenie, na które cierpisz

przechodzisz okres odstawienia, będziesz mieć wiele dziwnych i mylących objawów, ale wszystkie w końcu znikną.

trudno jest czekać.

dobrze jest spróbować odwrócić swoją uwagę i trzymać się z daleka od wygooglowania objawów.

to ci nie pomoże!

powolne opróżnianie żołądka może być spowodowane samym niepokojem i stresem.

wydajesz się być bardzo zestresowany i zaniepokojony wieloma sprawami

być może, gdybyś spróbował skupić się na znalezieniu sposobów na uspokojenie się, zacząłbyś czuć się lepiej

Od czasu do czasu mój żołądek szybko się zapełnia, gdy nie jem zbyt dużo, a jedzenie po prostu tam siedzi i nie przechodzi przez proces trawienia przez długi czas, u mnie zwykle kończy się to pewnymi zaparciami, ponieważ cały mój przewód pokarmowy jest powolny , nie tylko mój brzuch 

Odkryłem, że w moim przypadku chodzenie pomaga na zaparcia, a relaks i praca nad redukcją stresu NAJBARDZIEJ pomaga na całą resztę.

nie martw się, że masz trwałe problemy, nie będziesz ich mieć

praktycznie każdy, kto tu przychodzi, boi się tego samego, ale wszyscy wracają do zdrowia! objawy, o których myśleli, że nigdy nie znikną, rzeczywiście ustępują

i znów wrócili do dobrego życia

ty też tam dotrzesz!

co robisz dla zabawy?

czy masz przyjaciół i rodzinę, z którymi możesz spędzać czas i robić różne rzeczy?

czy jesteś obecnie zdolny do pracy?

trzymaj się, wyzdrowiejesz. 

spróbuj się tak nie martwić!!

martwienie się jest jak bujanie się w fotelu bujanym, zużywasz dużo energii, ale donikąd nie prowadzisz!! 

oszczędzaj energię na robienie rzeczy, które pomogą Ci uporać się z objawami

włączając w to odwracanie uwagi od rzeczy, których nie możesz teraz zmienić, podczas oczekiwania, aż Twoje ciało się zagoi

You know a lot about the effects of these AD drugs. Escitaopram "activated" me last year, so my sleep was already spoiled, but I wasn't worried about it yet. The psychiatrist now said it's bipolar and I should then take additional quetapine, and now another one only recommends pragabalin.

These are temptations that would be like before. It's hard to live like this now

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

On 12.09.2023 at 00:15, Happy2Heal said:

wyzdrowiejesz i wszystko będzie dobrze

Potrzeba czasu, to wszystko

powieś tam

Twój syn kocha Cię bez względu na wszystko, nie martw się o to

OK

Thank you for the kind words.
I still regret of entering 2022 in AD.
Sometimes I am enlightened by the thought: take 5mg(now 0,28mg) and everything will be fine, you will be hypomaniac again and your health problems will disappear... 

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

On 22.07.2023 at 23:45, Greatful said:

@modelarz71 Witam w SA. Widzę, że pozwalasz, by ogarnęła cię panika i zmartwienie… Naprawdę, teraz ten etap jest okropny i przerażający. W tej chwili jesteś na etapie szybkiego reagowania w panice. Na początek zachęcam Cię do zbadania i dowiedzenia się więcej na temat tych leków i odstawienia. Jak możesz przejąć kontrolę nad swoją sytuacją. Następnie podejmij decyzję i ciężko pracuj, aby się jej trzymać. Nasze mózgi nie działają prawidłowo podczas odstawienia i próbują nam wmówić najróżniejsze szalone rzeczy… Jest wiele nienarkotykowych sposobów na radzenie sobie z lękiem i emocjami… 

Uważam, że glicynian magnezu jest pomocny w przypadku lęku i bardzo lubię używać organicznych olejków eterycznych z lawendy, nakładam/wcieram trochę na przedramię, to naprawdę pomaga mi przy niepokoju i myślę, że śpię.

Proszę, nie bierz kwetiapiny. To lek przeciwpsychotyczny i nie jesteś psychotyczny.... Jest to trudne dla twojego organizmu i trudno się od niego uwolnić... Nie radzę zaczynać niczego nowego. Lekarze szybko mieszają różne leki/koktajle leków. Najbardziej byłaby mała dawka escytalopramu, ale nawet to może być dla ciebie za dużo. Nadal charakteryzuje się wysokim obłożeniem sertu przy niskiej dawce. Oto podsumowanie  https://ibb.co/7S1f6P6   Stwierdziłeś, że dodaje ci to energii… Jeśli już widzisz poprawę, to dobry znak.  

Proszę, zadawaj pytania i rozmawiaj z innymi, aby uzyskać zachętę... Nie jesteś sam. Możesz to zrobić, gdy przejdziesz przez fazę paniki, dokształcisz się, nauczysz się dbania o siebie, a ostatnią rzeczą będzie akceptacja.  

Może ty i twoja mama możecie wspólnie przeprowadzić badania... Daj nam znać, jeśli potrzebujesz pomocy w znalezieniu informacji na temat odstawienia i więcej na temat tych leków.

🌞

. My little restore doesn't seem to be working. difficulty falling asleep and waking up several times, abdominal pain. It is difficult to function with abdominal pain. I am touchy and unkind to my loved ones. I plan to quit esci altogether or take 2.5mg. Previously, on 5 mg I was super active, maybe this is the only way... because I see no hope

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

I can't do anything about my health now. I can only cry that I let the psychiatrists convince me to take these psychotropic drugs. I wonder if older psychiatrists are more careful? tablets Is it true that they were invented in the US?, I think that the US should now send a warning about addiction to the world. I haven't prayed for a long time because I lost my faith, but now I need it when I am in the devil's circle of addiction to the legal psychotropic SSRI. God, help me endure, or give me hope from fear

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

The doctor said that if escitalopram made me hyperactive, maybe it was a mistake and the wrong drug and I should try a mood stabilizer (?) Are these also dangerous drugs? Regards 

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

W dniu 22.07.2023 o 23:45 Greatful powiedział:

@modelarz71 Witam w SA. że pozwala, by ogarnęła cię panika i zmartwienie… Rzeczywiście, teraz ten etap jest okropny i straszny. W tej chwili jesteś na natychmiastowej reakcji w panice. Na początku zachęcam Cię do zbadania i dowiedzenia się więcej na temat tych szczegółowych i odniesień. Jak można przejąć kontrolę nad swoim zabezpieczeniem. Następnie podejmij i ciężko pracuj, aby się jej spożywać. Nasze mózgi nie zostały uwzględnione podczas prawidłowego odstawienia i nam w mówić najróżniejsze szalone rzeczy… Jest wiele nienarkotykowych sposobów na radzenie sobie z lękiem i emocjami… 

Uważam, że glicynian leku jest pomocny w przypadku lęku i bardzo lubię stosować organiczne olejki eteryczne z lawendy, nakładam/wcieram trochę na przedramię, to naprawdę pomaga mi przy niepokoju i myślę, że śpię.

Proszę, nie bierz kwetiapiny. To lek przeciwpsychotyczny, a ty nie jesteś psychotyczny.... Jest to trudne dla organizmu i trudno się od niego uwolnić... Nie radzę zaczynać niczego nowego. Lekarze szybko mieszają różne leki/koktajle medyczne. Najmniejsza mała dawka escytalopramu, ale nawet to może być dla ciebie za dużo. Nadal stanowi wysoki poziom obłożenia sertu przy kwalifikacji. Oto podsumowanie  https://ibb.co/7S1f6P6,   które zostało uznane, że dodaje ci do energii… Jeśli już zostało przyjęte, to dobry znak. 

Proszę, zadawaj pytania i rozmawiaj z innymi, aby uzyskać wniosek... Nie jesteś sam. Możesz to zrobić, gdy przejdziesz przez fazę paniki, dokształcisz się, nauczysz się dbania o siebie, a ostatnia czynność będzie akceptacją.  

Może ty i twoja mama podłączony do urządzenia badawcze... Daj nam dostęp, dostęp do informacji o informacjach na temat wyprowadzeń i więcej na temat tych danych.

🌞

Thank you for warning me. I think I'm happy to vary the dose within the range of 0.50 - 0.20 mg esci.
Maybe jumping within these limits is not harmful. But this has been going on for 4 months and it's still bad. I think I'll either quit it or try at least 2.5 mg to feel something. Maybe the only way for me to stabilize is to give up ESC altogether

On 25.07.2023 at 15:47, Doctorsrcrap said:

@modelarz71

Musisz się uspokoić. Każdy chciałby mieć możliwość przyspieszenia procesu odzyskiwania danych, ale niestety nie ma takiej możliwości. Dlatego chyba nazywa się to procesem. 

Nie można skakać w dawkach. To proszenie się o kłopoty. Proszę, aby wszystko było stabilne. Skakanie pomiędzy dawkami i tak dalej to proszenie się o kłopoty. Proszę, dbaj o siebie. 

Thank you for warning me. I think I'm happy to vary the dose within the range of 0.50 - 0.20 mg esci.
Maybe jumping within these limits is not harmful. But this has been going on for 4 months and it's still bad. I think I'll either quit it or try at least 2.5 mg to feel something. Maybe the only way for me to stabilize is to give up ESC altogether

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

Can anyone cope with WD from escilatopram with insomnia and gastrointestinal problems without restoration?

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

NEED help

I would like to take more escitalopram because 0.30 mg does not help. I have almost IBS, insomnia. However, it used to activate me and I didn't really want to sleep, I preferred to do something (esci spoiled the sleep). I would not like to be screwed up by it again.

Has anyone been hypo on escitalopram and then brought back?

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

I still can't recover from the shock WD caused. Even something as simple as digestion is damaged.
Why didn't the psychiatrist say what the dangers of using it were? I emphasize use, not interruption, because a human is not a robot and can always interrupt something. If he had been informed about the consequences of interruption, he would not have done so. I think that only if a high-ranking decision-maker was diagnosed with WD, the zoś would be changed from the top towards informed consent.

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

Please help. 0.30 mg of escilatopram does not help. Today I could not sleep until 4 o'clock.
high anxiety and irritability
Should I take more esci?

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

• Mentor
2 hours ago, modelarz71 said:

Please help. 0.30 mg of escilatopram does not help. Today I could not sleep until 4 o'clock.
high anxiety and irritability
Should I take more esci?

I don't know how to help you with dosing questions so I'm going to tag a moderator to help you

@Catina7  can you help? thank you 

• Mentor
6 minutes ago, Happy2Heal said:

I don't know how to help you with dosing questions so I'm going to tag a moderator to help you

@Catina7  can you help? thank you 

Unfortunately, I don't think I am able to help either @Happy2Heal...I'm sorry!  I am not serving as a moderator right now, only a mentor.  Maybe you can try tagging someone else?  I'm sorry I can't be of assistance.  

Disclaimer:  This is not professional medical advice but is based on personal experience only.

1994 - 2017:  Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Seroquel, Buspar, Lorazepam, Xanax, Ambien

2005-present:  Trazodone 50 mg 

2017:  Effexor XR 37.5 >> 75 mg 

2020 (March):  Began 10% monthly taper of Effexor XR (got down to 12 mg)

2021 (September):  Completely crashed.  Went back up to 37.5 mg but in doing so I kindled myself

2024:  1/1:  35.6 mg (-6 beads)  |  2/1:  33.8 mg (-11 beads)  |  3/1:  32.1 mg (-16 beads)  |   4/1:  (-18 beads)  |   5/1:  (-21 beads)

Reasons for starting psych meds:  PMDD/Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Other medications:  Levothyroxine 75 mcg

Supplements:  Dr. Berg's Electrolyte Powder on occasion   

• Mentor
4 minutes ago, Catina7 said:

Unfortunately, I don't think I am able to help either @Happy2Heal...I'm sorry!  I am not serving as a moderator right now, only a mentor.  Maybe you can try tagging someone else?  I'm sorry I can't be of assistance.  

ok thanks,

I'll have to find out who is accepting tags- I know some mods are not right now

@arbor  @Onmyway@manymoretodays   can anyone help this person? he's been having a rough time and is unsure about what to do

I don't know enough about dosing to advise anyone in that regard

thank you

Hi @modelarz71

can you pls put your medicines in English in your drug signature? I don't understand it now. 

Look up the English names of the drugs on Google and post them. Also translate the various phrases. 

thanks, 
OMW

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

1 hour ago, Onmyway said:

Hi @modelarz71

can you pls put your medicines in English in your drug signature? I don't understand it now. 

Look up the English names of the drugs on Google and post them. Also translate the various phrases. 

thanks, 
OMW

My signature:

1) Main "treatment"  : 2022 Geneneric Lexapro from 25 VII 2.5mg, 5mg, 10mg VIII- XII 7.5mg, 5mg, (1 month) 2.5mg - C/T 
WD
2) 2023 Short reinstallation from WD date: 

Generic Lexapro May 25-June 12 5mg, 2.5mg plus. 

discontinued

reinstall 24 07.23 0.5mg Geneneric Lexapro, 18.08.23 0.22 esci..., 07.09. 0.28
Now 0.30 mg Elicea - generic version of escilatopram (lexapro) under the name Elicea

Thank you very much. Last year 6 months on generic lexapro , I was very activated , hypomaniac with with little need for sleep . 
Since July 2023 reinstated from 0,50 mg to 0.30 mg now generic lexapro - hard to fall asleep and sleep lapsed , eyes hurt and IBS. Anhedonia.
I would like to increase generic lexapro because 0.30 does not help. 
Does it make sense?
Dr wants 5 mg generic lexapro but I am afraid

Regards

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

I was taken to a psychiatrist. suddenly he says that maybe elicea (generic lexapro) wasn't for me because I was having racing thoughts etc. 
Suggests rispolept for sleep and then is to see.

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

rispolept = risperdone

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

On 8.10.2023 at 17:53, Happy2Heal said:

ok dzięki,

Muszę się dowiedzieć, kto akceptuje tagi – wiem, że niektóre mody nie są teraz dostępne

@altanka  @Jestem w drodze@manymoretodays   czy ktoś może pomóc tej osobie? przeżywa trudne chwile i nie jest pewien, co robić

Nie mam wystarczającej wiedzy na temat dawkowania, aby komukolwiek doradzać w tej kwestii

Dziękuję

Hello, how is your knee? I read that it is doing problems.
My sister forced me to see a psychiatrist who wants to give rispolept - risperidone antipsychotic - for sleep...I am afraid of this drug

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

• Administrator

If you are not a minor, you may refuse a drug treatment.

If you wish to work with a psychiatrist, please take any problems arising from treatment to the doctor.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you for your message. I am still mourning my recent life. Back in May the stomach was ok, I regret it all very much. It's hard to improve my mood when my stomach hurts.

I think I'm going to quit this 0.30 mg generic lexapro.

Why are such pigs given to people without warning. 

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

• Administrator

What times o'clock do you take your drugs, with their dosages? 

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

O której godzinie bierzesz leki i ich dawki? 

Thank you, I only take 0.30 mg generic lexapro every day at about 12 ej in the daytime, but I still have IBS symptoms, and anhedonia. 
It's hard to fall asleep but I get a few hours of sleep. I feel almost like I was in acute withdrawal in May but then my stomach was still ok. There was also akathisia , I still wanted to leave the house to walk but I guess it was nerve-wracking because it was a new WD thing for me then . I think 0.50mg (April) to now 0.30mg is not helping so today I took 0.20mg and would like to stop altogether and not take anything if it is bad anyway. The psychiatrist doesn't believe in PAWS and it scares me because I read a lot here. That's why I don't want from him , quetpinum or rispolept or a new SSRI (psychiatrist suddenly states that maybe escitalopram was too strong for me because I was on 5 mg last year). 
I'm just afraid that when I take off 0.20mg maybe the sleep will disappear? But still I am suffering 

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

• Administrator

Please re-read this topic from the beginning. You started posting in June and appeared to be recovering naturally without reinstatement. You were getting 5-6 hours of sleep. You reinstated anyway.

At that time, when friction occurred with your mother, you felt worse. Are you still living with your mother? 

You had covid last spring. Some of your problems might be due to covid. You did not report stomach problems until July. Have you seen a gastroenterologist to see if perhaps y have an ailment that might need treatment? Not everything is withdrawal. You might have an h. pylori infection, for example, or you might be reacting to some food you eat often.

On 7/25/2023 at 11:48 AM, modelarz71 said:

Thank you for your message. I admire your fight. I panicked after a bad night and took only 0.5mg maybe I'll stop tomorrow because Alto also wrote not to do it over and over and I didn't have this crush in my head anymore lately.
I regret  reinstall  in May when I took 3 weeks and finished in mid-June then I was able to continue.

On July 25, you started taking 0.5mg escitalopram and have been ruminating about that ever since. Now you are worrying about the reinstatement. If you don't feel like taking 0.30mg escitalopram, you don't have to continue it. It's a very small amount. I would very gradually go off by 10% exponential per week and be done with it.

In July, we agreed that health anxiety might amplify some of your symptoms, and that you would manage it. To continue here, you need to manage your health anxiety.

I hope your recovery resumes naturally. As peer counselors, we cannot tell you what your stomach problem might be.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 10/11/2023 at 2:25 PM, modelarz71 said:

The psychiatrist doesn't believe in PAWS and it scares me because I read a lot here. That's why I don't want from him , quetpinum or rispolept or a new SSRI (psychiatrist suddenly states that maybe escitalopram was too strong for me because I was on 5 mg last year). 
I'm just afraid that when I take off 0.20mg maybe the sleep will disappear? But still I am suffering 

Hi modelarz71,

Do you have to see this psychiatrist now?  That's what many of them do.......just give drugs.

It can be tough, and healing really does come in Waves and Windows

The gut issues may even pass.  IBS is such a catch all term, and I agree.......maybe a good idea to get in to see a doctor who deals with such.

Any improvements of note since you last posted.  Savor those when they occur.  They will.

Irritable bowel syndrome: What can you do?

And then just all the relaxation and mindfulness that you can do.

Non-drug techniques

Eat healthy, get your greens in, get a little sunshine each day when you can, and take a walk each day.  Sometimes simple pays off too.  Go easy on your self expectations too.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing