modelarz71: Escitalopram PAWS request for advice

modelarz71

Thank you for the information. I got WD in May 2022 I didn't hide it like many others , it is written on the internet about the dangers of SSRIs and yet it is still being prescribed to new people (I mean people who have never used it before) Will this go on forever? Shame on people...
I also currently suffer from anhedonia (?) which makes my condition worse. I am afraid that I will have to take some medication ...

2022 escitalopram from July 25 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg August-December- 7.5 mg, 5 mg, (1 month) 2.5 mg - C/T 
WD
2023 Short reinstatement from WD date: 

escitalopram May 25-June 12 5 mg, 2.5 mg plus interrupted

Reinstatement 24 07.23 0.5mg escitalopram, 18.08.23 0.22 escitalopram, 07.09. 0.28
Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

Last year 6 months on escitalopram, I was very agitated, hypomaniacal and with little need for sleep. 
Since July 2023 reinstated and reduced from 0.50 mg to 0.30 mg Lexapro - difficulty sleeping and lack of sleep, eye pain and IBS. Anhedonia. 

November 2023 - 0mg

Could it be that someone has been taking SSRIs for many years
but felt normal on it will recover faster than a person who took it for a shorter period of time, e.g. 6 months but felt hypomania on it. (Could the SSRI have done more damage to that hypomaniac  person) ? thank you 

2022 escitalopram from July 25 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg August-December- 7.5 mg, 5 mg, (1 month) 2.5 mg - C/T 
WD

Reinstatement 24 07.23 0.5mg escitalopram, 18.08.23 0.22 escitalopram, 07.09. 0.28
Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

Last year 6 months on escitalopram, I was very agitated, hypomaniacal and with little need for sleep. 
Since July 2023 reinstated and reduced from 0.50 mg to 0.30 mg Lexapro - difficulty sleeping and lack of sleep, eye pain and IBS. Anhedonia. 

November 2023 - 0mg

I would like to agree with the psychiatrist that I need to take 5 mg of esci. 
Unfortunately, I can't trust him because he says that my stomach symptoms and general deterioration is my disease, its development. 
I can't understand how modern societies allow such harm to people with drugs.
If an orthopedist put bones together like this I think he would be thrown out of the profession.
I guess the name antidepressants is specially invented to make people eat it and it should read antidepressant drugs.
Sometimes I would like to believe that they are right that it is just a disease and not a drug because then I would be lighter. It's a bit like fooling a seriously ill person to make them feel better. Maybe that's what I want?
I think about this every day.

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to not go back on a higher dose of e.g. 2.5 mg of escilatopram but I have some stomach soreness, gastroparesis-like problems. Has anyone's reinstatement at this dose helped with gastro problems. Obviously there is a fear that this will never pass and hence the high anxiety

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

Could anyone advise, maybe had this, whether increasing escitalopram e.g. to 2.5 mg would help with IBS symptoms (squeezed stomach, gas, belching, early satiety). I got this in June as a result of WD. 
The current minimum dose of 0.3 mg helps nothing thank you

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

Hello, I am on 0.2mg escitalopram. Nothing is helping me.  Night wakening, difficulty sleeping. I don't know about it of course but watch your stomach (I don't mean nausea just symptoms like overflow in the intestines if they appear then better not to reduce) When I stopped esci in May I had it until my stomach slowed down altogether. Now I have symptoms of gastoparesis which is awful and I doubt it will go away. I just imagine that I take 2.5mg and that such a dream passes.

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

Can anyone advise what to do with stomach pain (slow digestion) WD from escitalopram. Has anyone been helped by the restoration for this. I still feel it with little interruptions.

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

@modelarz71 

I suffered with gastroparesis-like symptoms for roughly 4 months. My entire digestive/intestinal system felt like it shut down almost entirely. I discussed this with my doctor at the time and she wanted to do a scope, but I was concerned about being prescribed additional drugs, so I declined. Plus, everything on this site suggested that it would eventually return to normal. 

I was only eating a few bites at a time and felt full very quickly. I ate small amounts (bites) throughout the day and supplemented with nutrient-dense smoothies (with protein powder). I set up a routine by drinking warm lemon water every morning (to stimulate release of digestive enzymes) and applied castor oil packs over my abdomen in the evening - I worked up from every other night, to every night for 15 minutes each time - they are meant to increase bloodflow/nutrients to the area. Although it might be coincidental, this is when I started to notice incremental improvements.  

On 11/15/2023 at 10:30 AM, modelarz71 said:

Now I have symptoms of gastoparesis which is awful and I doubt it will go away.

It WILL get better. Unfortunately, it just doesn't happen as quickly as we need or want it to. 

2003-2009 on and off various SSRI's for short periods, Ativan prn

2010-2011 Ativan, up to 1.5mg/day - tapered off without issue

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2016 - Effexor 75mg, short-term

2021 Mar -Jun Buspar ADR at high dose, tapered 3 months

2021 Aug Wellbutrin 150mg for 5 days (ADR), then MIrtazapine 7.5mg for 7 days (ADR)

Oct 22/21 - Direct switch ativan to clonazepam (don't do this)

Tapered clonaz Oct/21 - Apr/23  - 0mg!

Supplements: omega-3, mag-glycinate

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

*** Please do not send me PM's ***

On 17.11.2023 at 21:33, LotusRising said:

@modelarz71 

Przez około 4 miesiące cierpiałem na objawy przypominające gastroparezę. Miałem wrażenie, że cały mój układ trawienny/jelitowy niemal całkowicie się wyłączył. Rozmawiałam o tym wówczas z moją lekarką, która chciała zrobić badanie oscyloskopowe, ale obawiałam się, że przepisano mi dodatkowe leki, więc odmówiłam. Poza tym wszystko na tej stronie sugerowało, że w końcu wszystko wróci do normy. 

Jadłam tylko kilka kęsów na raz i bardzo szybko poczułam się pełna. Jadłem małe ilości (kęsy) przez cały dzień i uzupełniałem je koktajlami bogatymi w składniki odżywcze (z proszkiem białkowym). Ustaliłam rutynę, pijąc codziennie ciepłą wodę z cytryną (w celu pobudzenia uwalniania enzymów trawiennych) i wieczorem nakładając na brzuch okłady z olejku rycynowego – ćwiczyłam od co drugiej nocy do każdej nocy za każdym razem po 15 minut – działały mają na celu zwiększenie przepływu krwi/składników odżywczych do danego obszaru. Chociaż może to być przypadek, to właśnie wtedy zacząłem zauważać stopniową poprawę.  

Będzie lepiej. Niestety, nie następuje to tak szybko, jak tego potrzebujemy i chcemy. 

Thank you very much for your reply, it is good that you have better digestion.
I have been holding an average of 0.30 mg of esci for a few months now, my stomach has gastro and IBS symptoms. Nothing on the stomach helps, it's like the whole thing has slowed down. It's hard to feel calm as the stomach feels constantly. I would like to take more esci but it's hard to believe that it will help the stomach: how much will 2.5 mg help? Or maybe 1mg or no dose at all will help anymore. Some people have restored even 5 mg and I read that they still have sick stomachs. It's so hard to write about gas, stools, and belching, thank you so much to the doctors, medicine, and "scientists" who came up with escitalpram. 

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

I have a quick feeling of overeating after eating and some painful ditching as well. Especially after going to the toilet (it feels silly to write this but it is characteristic). 
On various sites people write about IBS and similar conditions when treated with psychotropics. 
Often with this treatment it starts.
Actually I write this unnecessarily, because it has already hit me and I do not believe in healing, but I feel a little sorry for people to whom it still happens .
Medicine is not stupid why doctors do not associate this with what is the cause. 

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

On 7.08.2023 at 21:48, Happy2Heal said:

Tak, mała dawka, nawet tak mała jak 0,01, może powodować objawy

jak myślisz, co „robi” twoja dawka 0,42?

Nie wiem, co masz na myśli, mówiąc o organicznej chorobie jelit

wszystko, o czym wspomniałeś, wszystkie twoje objawy i skargi są BARDZO częstymi objawami odstawienia

wszyscy tutaj mieli przynajmniej niektóre, jeśli nie wszystkie, te same objawy (i inne również)

wracasz do zdrowia po odstawieniu

będzie to powolny i frustrujący proces, ale w rzeczywistości wracasz do zdrowia szybciej niż wielu innych, więc proszę, zachęcaj!

Wiem, że to trudne czuć się w ten sposób, ale NAJLEPIEJ wyzdrowiejesz i wszystkie rzeczy, z którymi się teraz borykasz, pocenie się, bezsenność, problemy żołądkowe itp., z czasem znikną

musisz tylko uzbroić się w cierpliwość i dać sobie czas

kiedy czekasz, co robisz, żeby się odwrócić?

jakich rodzajów samopomocy i samoopieki próbowałeś?

wspominałaś już wcześniej o jedzeniu dużej ilości słodyczy, czy nadal to robisz? jedzenie dużej ilości rafinowanych węglowodanów nie jest dobre dla nastroju ani zdrowia.

może zamiast tego spróbujesz owoców? lub dobrą sałatkę! lub jedno i drugie, jest kilka świetnych sałatek z owoców i warzyw itp.

Wszystko będzie w porządku

jeśli czujesz się samotny, może przyjdź i porozmawiaj z innymi osobami w ich wątkach i zobacz, jakie mają pomysły na radzenie sobie z objawami, z którymi wszyscy nauczyliśmy się sobie radzić

Przykro mi, że masz teraz problemy z żołądkiem. ale to się poprawi. Na początku jednej fazy odstawienia i powrotu do zdrowia miałem nudności, biegunkę i suche wymioty.

to odeszło. potem pojawił się nowy, dziwny objaw

tak właśnie przebiega powrót do zdrowia po tych lekach, jest to trochę losowe i cały czas się zmienia

z biegiem czasu poczujesz się coraz lepiej

naprawdę to zrobisz, ale musisz się zrelaksować i znaleźć rzeczy, które odwrócą twoją uwagę

co lubisz robić dla zabawy?

Until 2021 I had a small dog he was such an antidepressanetm and therapist

Now I have anhedonia, difficulty sleeping and waking up, digestive problems it makes me complain and sometimes panic. 
I was reinstated on 0.5mg escilatopram but it didn't work so now 0.20mg.
It's unwise to jump doses but I'm deluding myself that increasing would help and I would function but either quit altogether.
Is your knee better?

Sorry to be a bother.

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

• Administrator
On 10/11/2023 at 6:41 PM, Altostrata said:

Please re-read this topic from the beginning. You started posting in June and appeared to be recovering naturally without reinstatement. You were getting 5-6 hours of sleep. You reinstated anyway.

At that time, when friction occurred with your mother, you felt worse. Are you still living with your mother? 

You had covid last spring. Some of your problems might be due to covid. You did not report stomach problems until July. Have you seen a gastroenterologist to see if perhaps y have an ailment that might need treatment? Not everything is withdrawal. You might have an h. pylori infection, for example, or you might be reacting to some food you eat often.

On July 25, you started taking 0.5mg escitalopram and have been ruminating about that ever since. Now you are worrying about the reinstatement. If you don't feel like taking 0.30mg escitalopram, you don't have to continue it. It's a very small amount. I would very gradually go off by 10% exponential per week and be done with it.

In July, we agreed that health anxiety might amplify some of your symptoms, and that you would manage it. To continue here, you need to manage your health anxiety.

I hope your recovery resumes naturally. As peer counselors, we cannot tell you what your stomach problem might be.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

It's true that it's bad that I restored because I now have IBS symptoms.
I'm just thinking if everything has gone "humpty dumpty" with my CNS and there are bowel problems since July 
then a higher dose of esitalopram would improve bowel function ...although it sounds silly....

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

I think that while taking six months of escilatopram I was hypoactive because I had a lot of activities to do and I was constantly euphoric.
Niestey one psychiatrist said that these "drugs " work that way.
I think it doesn't in everyone and that's why I'm doing badly now.
Unfortunately, unnecessary conversion also hurt.
Has anyone had "hypomania" and gone off?

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

On 22.07.2023 at 23:45, Greatful said:

@modelarz71 Witam w SA. Widzę, że pozwalasz, by ogarnęła cię panika i zmartwienie… Naprawdę, teraz ten etap jest okropny i przerażający. W tej chwili jesteś na etapie szybkiego reagowania w panice. Na początek zachęcam Cię do zbadania i dowiedzenia się więcej na temat tych leków i odstawienia. Jak możesz przejąć kontrolę nad swoją sytuacją. Następnie podejmij decyzję i ciężko pracuj, aby się jej trzymać. Nasze mózgi nie działają prawidłowo podczas odstawienia i próbują nam wmówić najróżniejsze szalone rzeczy… Jest wiele nienarkotykowych sposobów na radzenie sobie z lękiem i emocjami… 

Uważam, że glicynian magnezu jest pomocny w przypadku lęku i bardzo lubię używać organicznych olejków eterycznych z lawendy, nakładam/wcieram trochę na przedramię, to naprawdę pomaga mi przy niepokoju i myślę, że śpię.

Proszę, nie bierz kwetiapiny. To lek przeciwpsychotyczny, a ty nie jesteś psychotyczny.... Jest to trudne dla twojego organizmu i trudno się od niego uwolnić... Nie radzę zaczynać niczego nowego. Lekarze szybko mieszają różne leki/koktajle leków. Najbardziej byłaby mała dawka escytalopramu, ale nawet to może być dla ciebie za dużo. Nadal charakteryzuje się wysokim obłożeniem sertu przy niskiej dawce. Oto podsumowanie  https://ibb.co/7S1f6P6   Stwierdziłeś, że dodaje ci to energii… Jeśli już widzisz poprawę, to dobry znak.  

Proszę, zadawaj pytania i rozmawiaj z innymi, aby uzyskać zachętę... Nie jesteś sam. Możesz to zrobić, gdy przejdziesz przez fazę paniki, dokształcisz się, nauczysz się dbania o siebie, a ostatnią rzeczą będzie akceptacja.  

Może ty i twoja mama możecie wspólnie przeprowadzić badania... Daj nam znać, jeśli potrzebujesz pomocy w znalezieniu informacji na temat odstawienia i więcej na temat tych leków.

🌞

Thanks again for the advice in July. It's been a few months and it's no better. 
Now mm 0.20mg escitalopram and just watching tv and sleep problems.
I hate this drug and I'm afraid of others, I went to the doctor and they advised me sulpiride (for abdominal pain and bad digestion), rispolept additionally for "tranquility".

I know from SA to keep the old drug , sometimes I think that maybe 2.5 mg esci would help me to be functional.
Does Your esci work?
Sorry 

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

• Mentor

@modelarz71  This is hard journey we are on.   I'm not sure, are you on under 1mg of esci... is that what 0.30mg means?  Why would you want to go up to 2.5mg.  If I remember right it was causing some activation and manic at higher doses. 

If you can I would avoid any extra medication, even for your indigestion.  Are you able to eat? Is it nausea that is a problem?  Drink lot's of water if you can.   What are some of the coping skills you us to help you through the day?  What kinds of sleep problems are you having?  How much sleep do you get on average.   

No, the esci is not good for me. It over activates me and makes my brain numb.  I am trying to get off of it.  And I notice that my activation and  restlessness is going down the lower I go.  

You are going to be okay.  

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Lamictal  taper  4/17/ 2022 25mg, 9/9/ 22 -20mg, 9/25/22- 15mg , 10/20/22-   0

Trazodone..2023.>down to 14mg, 7mg, 6mg  July 2023   0

Xanax  0.0625 3 x a day,  2023>  0.042 3x a day

Supplements  Magnesium glycinate, Omega 3, D3, vitamin c , zinc, NAC 

54 minutes ago, Greatful said:

@modelarz71  This is hard journey we are on.   I'm not sure, are you on under 1mg of esci... is that what 0.30mg means?  Why would you want to go up to 2.5mg.  If I remember right it was causing some activation and manic at higher doses. 

If you can I would avoid any extra medication, even for your indigestion.  Are you able to eat? Is it nausea that is a problem?  Drink lot's of water if you can.   What are some of the coping skills you us to help you through the day?  What kinds of sleep problems are you having?  How much sleep do you get on average.   

No, the esci is not good for me. It over activates me and makes my brain numb.  I am trying to get off of it.  And I notice that my activation and  restlessness is going down the lower I go.  

You are going to be okay.  

Now I have 0.20mg but I could zero and it would be the same.
I sleep about 6 hours in chunks (wakes up first with a strange tremor) , also a problem with falling asleep. There are still dreams but it is a trifle. Sometimes I take some melatonin.
During the day I am in a state of "freezing" from anxiety about my stomach and the old "depression". I can eat but not too much, quickly feeling full as if Digestion has slowed down. I do not have nausea only sometimes hurts.
I know that reinstating for 3 weeks and discontinuing before I knew SA was bad . Some days 5 mg then 2.5 mg and I was done. It "busted" the stomach. 
That's why I see that at least 2.5 mg worked for me.
With Esci last year for 6 months I was almost in euphoria, woke up at dawn and wanted to do a hundred useful things. Now I guess that it was not so healthy....

I read that You escitalopram once too activated.

I don't use sedative methods , I don't even practice walking out of anxiety. I think that this stomach is an irreparable damage.
Thank you and greetings

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke to a gastrologist he recommends medications to lower stomach acid etc drink lots of water and eat small meals and recommends taking SSRIs again.
It's disgusting that the psychiatrist didn't say everything about these ADs but I don't live in the jungle myself I could read what people write.
I blame myself for this.
But I would like to fight more.
Now I should see an ophthalmologist for bloodshot eyes.

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

RED EYES...

Is there a thread regarding the effects of WD on the eyes.
Some people write about light sensitivity or "red eyes" but could someone comment.
I hope it doesn't lead to glaucoma disease.I have had for a few months more and more red eyes (more veins) discomfort. Tearing, some darkness in the eyes 

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

First of all,

Please check it out with an ofthalmologist..

You had it for a long time..

Citalopram 20 mg

Mid June 1994- end March 1995 Then tapering 3 months 

Mid August 1995-end August 1996 Tapering 6 months 

Mid January 2000-end September 2001 Tapering 6 months

Mid October 2003-end October 2005 Tapering 7 years. 

More detailed drug history is here - ☼-kostas

Off any drug from October 2012 

5 hours ago, Kostas said:

First of all,

Please check it out with an ofthalmologist

You had it for a long time..

Yes thank you for your interest. 
I've already been to a gastrologist now I'm also signing up to see an ophthalmologist as You advice
I thought maybe someone had similar because it started after the WD collapse and would tell their experience,
I found myself suddenly in a world of previously unknown diseases it is awful.

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

On 11/2/2023 at 10:47 PM, modelarz71 said:

I would like to agree with the psychiatrist that I need to take 5 mg of esci. 
Unfortunately, I can't trust him because he says that my stomach symptoms and general deterioration is my disease, its development. 
I can't understand how modern societies allow such harm to people with drugs.
If an orthopedist put bones together like this I think he would be thrown out of the profession.
I guess the name antidepressants is specially invented to make people eat it and it should read antidepressant drugs.
Sometimes I would like to believe that they are right that it is just a disease and not a drug because then I would be lighter. It's a bit like fooling a seriously ill person to make them feel better. Maybe that's what I want?
I think about this every day.

You are completely right, it is absolutely disgusting that this is allowed to happen to healthy people. SSRIs have been invented almost 40 years ago, it has been documented for decades that they can cause long-term adverse effects lasting for years or indefinitely and yet pharma companies and doctors don't acknowledge this. They continue to prescribe them as vitamins. There is still very little understanding about what causes these severe protracted symptoms that people like us experience from these drugs and if enough research had been done for all of these 30+ years since this has been known, maybe now we would have known how to cure them and there wouldn't be countless people suffering for years and years.

Venlafaxine 75mg, 150mg, 225mg December 2020 - March 2021

Sertraline 50mg, 100mg March 2021 - April 2021

Escitalopram 10mg, 20 mg April 2021 - May 2021

17 hours ago, modelarz71 said:

Yes thank you for your interest. 
I've already been to a gastrologist now I'm also signing up to see an ophthalmologist as You advice
I thought maybe someone had similar because it started after the WD collapse and would tell their experience,
I found myself suddenly in a world of previously unknown diseases it is awful.

Citalopram 20 mg

Hi,

I had been also through so many symptoms through my wd .

,but if something made me very uncomfortable or affected major systems like chest pain, eyes ,major abdominal pain ect ,always was checked out through a doctor could trust, and if been assured ok,then just waited for the wd symptom to run its course..

Best regards 

Citalopram 20 mg

Good day so far unsuccessful reinstatements and withdrawals, (which the website advised me against) have caused me to have since the summer supposedly IBS which the gastrologist diagnosed and prescribed emanera and xifaxan I would like to feel better and another doctor advises for insomnia Zolpidem and back to 2.5 mg escitalopram.
Very sad and I am not thinking at all about the coming holidays .
Does Zolpidem become addictive quickly? 

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

I have been off escitalopram for 2 weeks now.
My IBS symptoms are as they were.
In addition, the same depression, anhedonia and irritability.
I live only recalling life before these drugs.
I was lucky that I only touched them now and not when I was, for example, 20 years old.
I feel sorry for the young to whom "doctors" prescribe these, so if I know someone I tell them about my sad experience.
I suppose WD has caused me trauma and as soon as my stomach starts to hurt I become non-functional. 
I would really like to try taking it again. Maybe it will improve the intestines because after all the drug messed them up early on.
The doctor advises to start taking 2.5mg.
But I don't want night sweats again and everything bad that this "drug" causes.
However, can not continue to function like this , I am practically non-functional.
I was taking it for 6 months with an average of 5mg, but I guess it changed the brain a lot because I was those 6 months as if in euphoria.

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

• 3 weeks later...

The gastrologist who prescribed me various medications a month ago said it was IBS. What is IBS? Does IBS get after stopping escitalopram?
The medic didn't care.
My intestinal pains have improved  since I've been taking a turmeric capsule for two weeks.

The symptoms of gastroparesis remain - for this turmeric does not help.
Sleep
I fall asleep for about two hours then have a sleep nightmare and a quick awakening with a rapid heart rate
Then I fall asleep again for about five hours.

But I may reinstate escitalopram because I have anhedonia and severe depression
I'm just afraid that my stomach will start hurting again

Now I have not been taking escitalopram for about a month. 

The last dose was 0.20mg

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello.  Can you please use an online translator to translate your drug signature into English?  Thank you.  

It may be that you stopped at too high of a dose.  These drugs are very powerful at the low doses, and escitalopram is 2-4 times more powerful than other SSRI drugs.  

Since you have been off it for a month, if you do reinstate, I suggest you reinstate at a lower dose, such as 0.15 mg or even 0.1 mg, because your brain has probably partially adjusted to being off the drug.  

About Reinstating and Stabilizing to Reduce Withdrawal Symptoms

What non drug things are you doing to help yourself with your depression and anhedonia?  Perhaps if you found some ways to help and manage this, you would not need to reinstate escitalopram.   Here is a link with a list of topics on depression.  

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/search/?&q=depression&type=forums_topic&nodes=14,8&search_and_or=and&search_in=titles

Edited by getofflex

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 12/11/2023 at 2:45 PM, modelarz71 said:

Does Zolpidem become addictive quickly? 

Yes. 

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your reply because I didn't read it before.

Although I don't have jerking, tingling or prickling sensations that were occasional this IBS, insomnia (I lay down at midnight and don't fall asleep until around 2 o'clock) are enough to make hopelessness overwhelm me .

I have already stopped believing that I will get better.
Apparently this IBS is irreversible.
I can't remember anymore if the last time I took it at 0.20mg I felt mentally a little better.
Anyway, at home, the hospital is already starting to be mentioned because I sometimes panic. 
I have not been taking escitalopram at all for a month.
I still feel unwell. 
Difficulty sleeping then sometimes waking up.
In addition, problems with IBS stomach pains.
All this makes my condition bad.
It has been 8 months since WD escitalopram.
I don't know what will happen next.
I just watch TV.
Whether to restore again I don't know I'm afraid.
Escitalopram ruined my sleep since I was taking it, but I was very euphoric afterwards so I continued it last year.
I wish I had experience with stimulants before because I would have known that what I feel after esci is no treatment but artificial and dangerous stimulation.

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have PAWS from escitalpram eighth month. Among other things, fairly frequent but moderate stomach pain, bloating and belching. Before using esci I never had this. 
Apparently some people here have been found to have inflammation of the intestines and stomach, how can this be determined?
Gastrologist said IBS you need to take proton pump inhibitors.
Relatives have already believed that these pains are nerve-based, although I have never had this before
I think I already believe it myself.
I've been on 0 mg of escitalopram for a month because for 7 months even 0.5mg ie helped my stomach.'
What about this gastritis?

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

On 30.12.2023 at 00:18, getofflex said:

Cześć. Czy możesz skorzystać z tłumacza internetowego, aby przetłumaczyć podpis leku na język angielski? Dziękuję.  

Może być tak, że zatrzymałeś się na zbyt dużej dawce. Leki te są bardzo silne w małych dawkach, a escitalopram jest 2-4 razy silniejszy niż inne leki z grupy SSRI.  

Ponieważ nie brałeś leku przez miesiąc, jeśli go wznowisz, sugeruję powrót do niższej dawki, np. 0,15 mg lub nawet 0,1 mg, ponieważ twój mózg prawdopodobnie częściowo przyzwyczaił się do odstawienia leku.  

O przywróceniu i stabilizacji w celu zmniejszenia objawów odstawienia

Jakie nienarkotyczne rzeczy robisz, aby pomóc sobie w walce z depresją i anhedonią? Być może, gdybyś znalazł sposób, aby sobie z tym pomóc i sobie z tym poradzić  , nie byłoby potrzeby przywracania escitalopramu. Poniżej znajduje się link z listą tematów na temat depresji.  

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/search/?&q=depression&type=forums_topic&nodes=14,8&search_and_or=and&search_in=titles

Thank you very much for your reply.
Currently STILL not reinstated after November discontinuation.
Previous reinstatement in doses from 0.50 to 0.20mg 
didn't help or harm me I think it's a shame that I discontinued them but the doctor said that such a dose doesn't mean anything.
I currently have IBS since spring (I think it is gastritis though). That Spring reinstatement by the doctor at a dose of 5 mg, which I discontinued after 3 weeks at (2.5 mg) ended in disaster - just that IBS that wasn't there before.
I fall asleep for a long time and then wake up from time to time but fortunately I fall asleep again, sleep is choppy.
Also, depression - regret for my previous life before SSRIs, I only watch t.v.
I do not yet have serious physical symptoms like others, burning and pains, although further pharmakteraphy may cause this
Sometimes slight pain in the joints.

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

• Moderator Emeritus
3 hours ago, modelarz71 said:

Currently STILL not reinstated after November discontinuation.

That's fine.  It's probably for the best, as then you won't have any tapering to do in the future.  As long as you stay off the drug carousel, and take proper care of yourself, you should gradually improve, with windows and waves.  It takes a long time, is very very slow.  I'm still recovering after jumping off Lexapro 18 months ago, but feel better and better as time goes on.  Please stay away from alcohol altogether - this can cause big problems. Do things that calm and soothe you, and avoid things that over excite and stress your out.  Walks outside are very good.  

• Moderator Emeritus
3 hours ago, modelarz71 said:

the doctor said that such a dose doesn't mean anything.

He is wrong.  Most doctors have little knowledge of these drugs and the withdrawal.  Even at low doses, these drugs are very powerful.  Please check this out:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/forums/topic/6036-why-taper-sert-transporter-occupancy-studies-show-importance-of-gradual-change-in-plasma-concentration/#comment-82306

Edited by getofflex

• Mentor
On 1/19/2024 at 3:21 PM, modelarz71 said:

the doctor said that such a dose doesn't mean anything.

Gettofflex is correct, your doctor is very wrong

I was on a tiny tiny dose and could definitely feel the difference

lexapro is so strong that even at very low doses, it makes a big impact.

glad to see things are improving somewhat for you

good for you for hanging in there thru the rough spots

it's not an easy journey but it does END and you will feel so much better when this is over

Currently taking a break from mentoring but I'll be back 

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • PRESENT DAYS:  Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 
2 hours ago, Happy2Heal said:

Gettoffflex ma rację, twój lekarz bardzo się myli

Brałem malutką dawkę i zdecydowanie czułem różnicę

Lexapro jest tak silny, że nawet przy bardzo małych dawkach wywiera duży wpływ.

cieszę się, że sytuacja u Ciebie nieco się poprawia

dobrze, że przetrwałeś trudne chwile

to nie jest łatwa podróż, ale KONIEC i poczujesz się o wiele lepiej, kiedy to się skończy

Thank you very much for the news.
I am thinking about recovery but I get worried when I recall an article from the interenet titled "Just one tablet of escitalopram changes the connections between neurons". I don't know how to unwind it now.
Sleep doesn't improve, currently it takes a long time to fall asleep. Yesterday until 4 am.
When I took 0.20 mg in November I think I fell asleep faster although sleep was also choppy.
I am a little tempted to use 0.15 mg esci again

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg