modelarz71: Escitalopram PAWS request for advice

modelarz71

48 minutes ago, modelarz71 said:

I understand I was just thinking if something came out in the stomach itself with the gastric membrane etc I read that you are also still taking some medications and digestive diseases still sau you as if it is incurable. doctors should help something and they are not helping they should know the cause of it all ....

Our doctors, here in the US, don't try very hard to find the cause of what they consider to be mundane, run-of-the-mill disease.  All they are interested in is handing out prescriptions, doing procedure and/or surgeries, and getting as many patients in and out the door as possible.  So sad, but so true and getting worse fast.  My doctors are annoyed if I do research and ask questions trying to get to the root of things.  For me, it was a long history of antibiotics coupled with a long history of psychiatric drugs.  I am very, very ill but I don't bother going to the doctor unless I need something new diagnosed so I can figure out how to treat it without more drugs.

Grace

• amitriptyline from 1980-2002,
  • intermittent  use of benzos over 2 decades prior to 2002
  • 2002-2010 Klonopin 1-2 mg., ambien 10--20, mg, remeron 4 mg. and  trileptal 300 mg
  • 2011 Stopped ambien and crossed over to valium 17.5 mg. (updosing 2.5 mg. to cover ambien C/T )
  • tapered valium w/ long holds to 12.74 mg. from a high of approximately 20-30 mg/day
  • 2015-present tapered trileptal aggressively for a year; now intermittently; interacts w/ other drugs
  • currently 2024 still on 96 mg. trileptal and 4 mg. remeron
  •  Currently on benzo hold as I have to cross-over from brand-name valium to generic diazepam.  
  • Current dose of diazepam is 8.8 and valium is 5.7.  I had to up-dose the total valium/diazepam from 12.74 to 14.5 where I have stayed since June 2023.  I am crossing over to generic at a somewhat tolerable rate of .3mg/month after about 2 months of trial/error w/ updosing.  I am not currently tapering; will continue to cross over. 

Hi @modelarz71,

I just saw you asking a question about your WD gastro symptoms in another topic, and thought you might be interested in my experience.

I’ve been on citalopram for almost 20 years. Citalopram (Celexa) is almost the same as escitalopram (Lexapro). My experience is that upping the dose or lowering the dose can lead to some gastro symptoms.

What is very coincidental is that you got these wd symptoms in April 2023 after a too big reinstate. I started to have a lot of reflux which lead to an inflamed esophagus as a wd symptom after lowering my dose at about the same time.

On 3/10/2024 at 12:41 AM, modelarz71 said:

I understand I was just thinking if something came out in the stomach itself with the gastric membrane etc I read that you are also still taking some medications and digestive diseases still sau you as if it is incurable. doctors should help something and they are not helping they should know the cause of it all ....

Hello, I read in the leaflet that SSRIs can do intestinal paralysis or slowing down and it happened to me.
I can eat but when I eat I am full and bloated.
Do you have the same thing? 
Actually diet what helps you, I understand that digestion is slow and fatty is not good or other things that take a long time to digest.
If it's called partial paralysis of the intestines or the stomach (gastroparesis) then it's hard to believe that taking SSRIs again will help with that, but rather help you live with it.

You've been suffering for so long but you probably haven't had intestinal surgery because some people here already have....

2022 escitalopram from July 25 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg August-December- 7.5 mg, 5 mg, (1 month) 2.5 mg - C/T 
WD
2023 Short reinstatement from WD date: 

escitalopram May 25-June 12 5 mg, 2.5 mg plus interrupted

Reinstatement 24 07.23 0.5mg escitalopram, 18.08.23 0.22 escitalopram, 07.09. 0.28
Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

Last year 6 months on escitalopram, I was very agitated, hypomaniacal and with little need for sleep. 
Since July 2023 reinstated and reduced from 0.50 mg to 0.30 mg Lexapro - difficulty sleeping and lack of sleep, eye pain and IBS. Anhedonia. 

November 2023 - 0mg

• 2 weeks later...

Since a month I have pains in my arm in which I had a surgical procedure a year ago (excision of adipose) . Before that the pains were not there, is it related to WD, anyone had similar?  

2022 escitalopram from July 25 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg August-December- 7.5 mg, 5 mg, (1 month) 2.5 mg - C/T 
WD

Reinstatement 24 07.23 0.5mg escitalopram, 18.08.23 0.22 escitalopram, 07.09. 0.28
Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

Last year 6 months on escitalopram, I was very agitated, hypomaniacal and with little need for sleep. 
Since July 2023 reinstated and reduced from 0.50 mg to 0.30 mg Lexapro - difficulty sleeping and lack of sleep, eye pain and IBS. Anhedonia. 

November 2023 - 0mg

I tried taking 0.1 mg of escitalopram for a few days but yesterday I didn't fall asleep until after 4 o'clock so I think I'll stop again

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

Hi.
Could anybody tell me about his drug GASTROPAREZ.
I guess this is no longer a symptom of WD but something that is even described in the leaflet from one AD which I have in front of me : "intestinal obstruction, partial or full paralysis, etc".
How do you deal with this if anyone has it?
This condition alone can force  to go on multiple medications AD and AP ....

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

• 3 weeks later...
On 17.11.2023 at 21:33, LotusRising said:

@modelarz71 

Przez około 4 miesiące cierpiałem na objawy przypominające gastroparezę. Miałem wrażenie, że cały mój układ trawienny/jelitowy niemal całkowicie się wyłączył. Rozmawiałam o tym wówczas z moją lekarką, która chciała zrobić badanie oscyloskopowe, ale obawiałam się, że przepisano mi dodatkowe leki, więc odmówiłam. Poza tym wszystko na tej stronie sugerowało, że w końcu wszystko wróci do normy. 

Jadłam tylko kilka kęsów na raz i bardzo szybko poczułam się pełna. Jadłem małe ilości (kęsy) przez cały dzień i uzupełniałem je koktajlami bogatymi w składniki odżywcze (z proszkiem białkowym). Ustaliłam rutynę, pijąc codziennie ciepłą wodę z cytryną (w celu pobudzenia uwalniania enzymów trawiennych) i wieczorem nakładając na brzuch okłady z olejku rycynowego – ćwiczyłam od co drugiej nocy do każdej nocy za każdym razem po 15 minut – działały mają na celu zwiększenie przepływu krwi/składników odżywczych do danego obszaru. Chociaż może to być przypadek, to właśnie wtedy zacząłem zauważać stopniową poprawę.  

Będzie lepiej. Niestety, nie następuje to tak szybko, jak tego potrzebujemy i chcemy. 

Disaster for me a month ago for a few days I decided to take 0.25 ng esitalopram because I had stomach problems on a scale of 3/10 I took it for a week and it started to change something again in digestion but I got scared because I had sweats and I quit after a week I did badly because I got stomach pains and headaches and now I can barely eat and it hurts all the time . 
I do not know what will happen next because it is difficult to function I think that 10 months of recovery was wasted, I do not know maybe now with take 0.1 mg 

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg

On 10.03.2024 at 23:13, OffPills said:

Cześć@modelarz71,

Właśnie zauważyłem, że w innym temacie zadajesz pytanie dotyczące objawów żołądkowo-jelitowych WD i pomyślałem, że mogą Cię zainteresować moje doświadczenia.

Biorę citalopram od prawie 20 lat. Citalopram (Celexa) jest prawie taki sam jak escitalopram (Lexapro). Z mojego doświadczenia wynika, że zwiększenie lub zmniejszenie dawki może prowadzić do pewnych objawów żołądkowych.

Bardzo zbiegiem okoliczności jest to, że objawy WD pojawiły się u Ciebie w kwietniu 2023 r., po zbyt dużym przywróceniu. Zacząłem mieć dużo refluksu, który prowadził do zapalenia przełyku jako objaw WD po obniżeniu dawki mniej więcej w tym samym czasie.

How do you think what to do once again restored escitalopram 0.25 mg for a few days
something was burbling in my stomach and I stopped and it became horrible stomach stopped some terrible constipation abdominal pains and headaches flew to a gastrologist for some medication they don't understand at all the effect of this pork he did an ultrasound I wasted 10 months of treatment myself. 
Strange after in November I also restored and stopped even 0.5 mg and no such problems.
No one believes me that 0.25mg worked like that it's like an illegal drug I'm in shik and fed up

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

WD

Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

November 2023 - 0mg