Dahlia50: Reducing Zoloft

Dahlia50

@Altostrata or anyone els,

Please is there anyone who can advise me. I know there is no magic help but...
This is another level now after 3 months. Thinking of reinstating 6mg zoloft again. It's the least I can think of in tablet form. Even though I had such side effects and felt so bad from taking zoloft, I cannot cope with this WD that has now occurred.

The brain is panicking. It constantly presses in the head and hurts so incredibly and feels like electricity. Cramping sensation in the neck. It tears. The system is panicking, I'm panicking. Anger aggression. Desperate. The sad thing is that I actually feel better without the substance in terms of the side effects and the feeling of poison. But now has abstinence (harm) instead. Since I stopped completely I had a lot of histamine problems (it has started to subside a bit though). Red face/neck and flaky skin and nasal congestion. Worst is chaos in the head. Starting to have trouble sleeping. Cant go out for walk, too hard for the brain (feels worse afterwards).

I am ready to reinstate but a worried about whether it will work after 3 months. Now that the nervous system has been hit, I am afraid that there will be a reaction if the body tolerates the substance. Adverse reaction. But what choice do I have...I try everything to endure but feel like I can't take it anymore... 

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

2022 May - 62,5mg (doctor wanted to increase). Felt sick, went back to 50mg efter 2 weeks

2022 Oct - Reducing dose to 37,5mg (from 50mg). WD in few days, advised to go back to 50 - I then got adverse worse paradoxical effect

2022 Oct - Zoloft 50mg severe side effects/adverse reaction

2023 May 5th - Reducing dose to 25mg (directly from 50mg by Dr, WD).

2023 Aug 1st - Reducing dose to 12,5mg 

2023 Oct 10th - Removed dose from 12mg to zero by Dr. Tried reinstate citalopram after 3 months didnt work bad reaction. In Terrible WD.

Use melatonin 4mg. Lergigan 5mg. Omega 3, D-vitamin, magnesium glycinate, zink.

Accidentally sent the message several times. 

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

2022 May - 62,5mg (doctor wanted to increase). Felt sick, went back to 50mg efter 2 weeks

2022 Oct - Reducing dose to 37,5mg (from 50mg). WD in few days, advised to go back to 50 - I then got adverse worse paradoxical effect

2023 Oct 10th - Removed dose from 12mg to zero by Dr. Tried reinstate citalopram after 3 months didnt work bad reaction. In Terrible WD.

Sorry for that!

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

• Mentor

Your SSRI, Zoloft, and tapering history are identical to mine. I know what you’re experiencing and unfortunately it’s not unusual. I would say that the feelings you have are not your body craving Zoloft but is your body resetting to its original settings pre-drugs. I didn’t reinstate as I was pleased to be free from all the other side effects. 

I definitely would not take a different SSRI to deal with this. There is no magic cure - Doctors often recommend Prozac - I think it just confuses your body’s CNS more and will likely extend WD. 

as for reinstatement of any Zoloft, I don’t know what to advise. My personal feeling is that now you’ve gone 3 months on zero it is may not do what you hope. Zoloft is now completely out of your body and your body is now repairing itself. 

now is a time for self compassion and patience. I know it’s hard. 

50 mg Sertraline Nov 2016 to Dec 2016

100 mg Sertraline Jan - March 2017

50 mg Sertraline April - June 2017

25 mg Sertraline July 2017 - Sept 2018

12.5 mg Sertraline Oct 2018

0 mg Nov 1 2018

Thanks @DaBro  Getting an answer means a lot. 
Agree that your tapering history and dates are very similar. Unfortunately, I’ve been on zoloft for 14 years and also had an adverse reaction.

Going from 12mg to zero has been terrible. I’am pleased to be free from it and side effects but still suffering. Agree with you to not reinstate, it was a shock to the body to go to zero and it has now been 3 months. It would probably be another shock to reinstate now and I dare not risk another adverse reaction. Probably the same with another SSRI. 

So as hard as it is, hope it gets better even if it doesn't feel like it. No choice but to be patient. But sometimes it fails when you think about how long it may be. How long did it take for you until the worst was over? And how long did it take to feel more recovered?

It feels like an neuro toxic injury. Feels like being 10 meters behind everything. Extreme fatigue. Cognitive dysfunction, put the coffee in the fridge. Still depressed and still no window to any joy. The body is very weak and can barely hold it up. Feels like the substance interacted/ holding up the central nervous system and when it was removed, the interaction with the muscles and nerves fell. The positive - the body is not chased by the substance and that poisoned feeling, a little calmer but very low.

Concerned about emotions and sensory. Still feeling numb, can cry a little but still very numb. Feeling more in reality, less robotic and more sensitive but emotions still blocked. Heard of some who have not regained feelings and the numbness/anesthesia can become permanent. That's what worries the most. And that my brain will not start its own serotonin and never can return to a normal. But it's too early to know…

Grateful for this site and support!

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

• Mentor

You’re asking the same questions as others on this forum and looking for answers (but not finding them). Part of the answer is that it’s different for everyone-certainly the timelines. My personal story is that I didn’t work for a year but it might be different for you. 

Now is a time for acceptance, self compassion and a lot of patience. Note down those times you do new things like cry, laugh, sing, walk for an hour….they are markers of improvement.

You will heal. 

0 mg Nov 1 2018

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2024 at 2:02 PM, Dahlia50 said:

@Altostrata or anyone els,

Please is there anyone who can advise me, in some way. Know there is no magic help but...
Another level now. Thinking of reinstating 6mg zoloft again. It's the least I can think of in tablet form. Even though I had such side effects and felt so bad from taking zoloft, I cannot cope with this WD that has occurred.

The brain is panicking. It constantly presses in the head and hurts so incredibly and feels like electricity. Cramping sensation in the neck. It tears. The system is panicking, I'm panicking. Anger aggression. Desperate. The sad thing is that I actually feel better without the substance in terms of the side effects and the feeling of poison. But now has abstinence (harm) instead. Since I stopped completely I had a lot of histamine problems (it has started to subside a bit though). Red face/neck and flaky skin and nasal congestion.

I am ready to reinstate but a worried about whether it will work after 3 months. Now that the nervous system has been hit, I am afraid that there will be a reaction if the body tolerates the substance. Adverse reaction. But what choice do I have...I try everything to endure but feel like I can't take it anymore... 

Your mention of histamine problems, and description of the symptoms, led me to take a look to see if there might be a relationship between zoloft and histamine. Unfortunately the best articles I found are on commercial sites, which the links for can't be posted here. However, if you do a search you will find that SSRI medications are now known to inhibit histamine and mast cell activity. Serotonin seems to play a role in this inhibition. I have recently been looking at research connecting high homocysteine levels with mast cell activation and histamine levels. Histamine is known to trigger depression and anxiety, as well as the usual allergy symptoms we are all familiar with. So treating depression with B vitamins is a likely way to reduce some of your issues. A lot of people with these kind of problems have mutations in the MTHFR gene, leading to reduced breakdown of homocysteine by the body. One of the problems with standard B vitamin supplements is that they often contain folic acid, the synthetic form of folate. People with the mutations aren't able to use folic acid to produce the enzyme needed to reduce homocysteine. There are lots of supplements and articles online for helping people with the mutations. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK66131/ It's also possible, given your description of the cramping and aggression, that some of the issues might be similar to my own in involving impaired liver function. Standard medical testing doesn't always detect issues with liver function however it might be worth checking old blood tests for levels of liver enzymes. https://mcpress.mayoclinic.org/women-health/my-liver-enzymes-are-elevated-now-what/  My own levels were rising and falling inconsistently for around six years, eventually explained when a gall stone finally induced jaundice. Psychiatrists want patients to think that our conditions are really simple and easily fixed with a drug but I've found that they are really very complex combinations resulting from a number of underlying disease factors. Understand those factors and you cure the mental illness despite what psychiatrists tell you.

Prior medications;

sertraline 50mg April

sertraline 100mg May to July 2014 (ceased medication immediately upon occurrence of first thunderclap headache)

lorazepam April 2014 and November 2014 to January 2015 (each time suppressing symptoms of illness until two weeks after cessation of medication)

seroquel November 2014 to January 2015 50mg prior to being raised to 100mg for one day (medication ceased immediately upon occurrence of convulsive seizure)

warfarin 1990 to June 2023

Was instructed to 'cease doing anything healthy' by treating psychiatrist in June 2014 (the psychiatrist stating that belief in disease is the cause of disease and that dietary supplementation encourages people to think there's something wrong with us) so only commenced taking supplements again in June 2023 upon contrary instructions from GP.

Current medications;

eliquis since June 2023

Supplements; multivitamin/mineral, zinc, magnesium, calcium/magnesium, vitamin c, vitamin d, spirulina, resveratrol, iron.

Thanks! @Barry2954

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

• 2 weeks later...

Such a shame the doctor took me off from 12.5mg to zero. I was really sick from taking zoloft but this WD is worse than ever. 4 months off and it's the sickest thing I've been through.

My worst symptoms are extreme pain in the head, seizure feeling, at different spots, pressure constantly. Crawles and twitches. Cognitive/memory barely works. Hardly able to walk. Dizziness, disorientation and vision problems. The senses still numb. Feels like the brain and body are not interacting with each other. 

Is this really typical of WD with this extreme PAIN in the brain? Have been in hospital and had neurological tests and x-ray of the head. Nothing found. Understand that it will take time but afraid that this will never heal. The thought of several years scares. Dysfunctional.

My damage maybe bigger because already had it before I quit and long time use. Paradoxial reaction. Feel brain damaged. For years had problems with vision and a seizure feeling but didnt understand then it was zoloft. So mad at myself for not getting it but it was like the substance tricked me into not understanding. What do you do when you are between adverse reaction or WD. Both are really bad.

Still wondering whether it’s worth waiting out these terrible WD for 2 years or about to reinstate. But as I understand, once you’re hit with post WD and it has been a long time since you went off, reinstatement does not help damage. Is it true…

Thanks for this site! 🙏

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

On 4.01.2024 at 04:32, Dahlia50 said:

@Altostrata lub ktokolwiek inny,

Proszę, czy jest ktoś, kto może mi doradzić w jakiś sposób. Wiedz, że nie ma magicznej pomocy, ale...
Teraz inny poziom. Zastanawiam się nad ponownym przywróceniem dawki 6 mg zoloftu. Przynajmniej tyle przychodzi mi do głowy w formie tabletu. Chociaż miałem takie skutki uboczne i czułem się tak źle po zażyciu zoloftu, nie mogę sobie poradzić z chorobą Parkinsona, która się pojawiła.

Mózg panikuje. Ciągle naciska na głowę i boli tak niesamowicie, że ma wrażenie elektryczności. Uczucie skurczu w szyi. To łzy. System panikuje, ja panikuję. Agresja w gniewie. Zdesperowany. Smutne jest to, że faktycznie czuję się lepiej bez tej substancji, jeśli chodzi o skutki uboczne i uczucie zatrucia. Ale teraz zamiast tego ma abstynencję (szkodzenie). Odkąd całkowicie przestałem palić, miałem wiele problemów z histaminą (chociaż zaczęła trochę ustępować). Zaczerwienienie twarzy/szyi i łuszcząca się skóra oraz zatkany nos.

Jestem gotowy na przywrócenie, ale martwię się, czy to zadziała po 3 miesiącach. Teraz, gdy układ nerwowy został uderzony, obawiam się, że nastąpi reakcja, jeśli organizm toleruje tę substancję. Działanie niepożądane. Ale jaki mam wybór... Próbuję wszystko wytrzymać, ale czuję, że nie mogę już tego znieść... 

I have been reading this forum since spring but now after reading your post I did  understand more (maybe)
It's all about the time to restore.
I stopped escitalpram in XII22. I, II, III were good, in IV PAWS appeared.
 On the advice of a medic I reinstated 5 mg and got IBS after 3 weeks.
I  should  restored less. Then up eventually.

2022 escitalopram from July 25 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg August-December- 7.5 mg, 5 mg, (1 month) 2.5 mg - C/T 
WD
2023 Short reinstatement from WD date: 

escitalopram May 25-June 12 5 mg, 2.5 mg plus interrupted

Reinstatement 24 07.23 0.5mg escitalopram, 18.08.23 0.22 escitalopram, 07.09. 0.28
Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

Last year 6 months on escitalopram, I was very agitated, hypomaniacal and with little need for sleep. 
Since July 2023 reinstated and reduced from 0.50 mg to 0.30 mg Lexapro - difficulty sleeping and lack of sleep, eye pain and IBS. Anhedonia. 

November 2023 - 0mg

@modelarz71 Thanks for your reply! Yes, we are looking for answers but this is not easy to understand, thats for sure. It’s good to hear from others who have been through similar and understand.

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

• Mentor
48 minutes ago, Dahlia50 said:

Such a shame the doctor took me off from 12.5mg to zero. I was really sick from taking zoloft but this WD is worse than ever. 4 months off and it's the sickest thing I've been through.

My worst symptoms are extreme pain in the head, seizure feeling, at different spots, pressure constantly. Crawles and twitches. Cognitive/memory barely works. Hardly able to walk. Dizziness, disorientation and vision problems. The senses still numb. Feels like the brain and body are not interacting with each other. 

Is this really typical of WD with this extreme PAIN in the brain? Have been in hospital and had neurological tests and x-ray of the head. Nothing found. Understand that it will take time but afraid that this will never heal. The thought of several years scares. Dysfunctional.

My damage maybe bigger because already had it before I quit and long time use. Paradoxial reaction. Feel brain damaged. For years had problems with vision and a seizure feeling but didnt understand then it was zoloft. So mad at myself for not getting it but it was like the substance tricked me into not understanding. What do you do when you are between adverse reaction or WD. Both are really bad.

Still wondering whether it’s worth waiting out these terrible WD for 2 years or about to reinstate. But as I understand, once you’re hit with post WD and it has been a long time since you went off, reinstatement does not help damage. Is it true…

Thanks for this site! 🙏

I went from 12.5 to 0 and all the symptoms you describe also happened to me. Take one day at a time. Be kind to yourself and patient. Each day is a day towards improvement and better times. 

0 mg Nov 1 2018

@DaBro Thanks for responding! Its hard, a fight to survive really. Took it for so many years. To exist when you know how far you are from normal functioning. But okay, I hear you, one day at a time. Try to sleep a lot. Thanks 🙏

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

• Mentor

It’s horrible, unpleasant, worrying and it made me very angry that these drugs are allowed to exist, but you are in the situation you are in, and on the path you are on and it will improve. I remember at my worst time not being to walk without holding onto the wall first thing in the morning due to dizziness and when I went shopping for food I needed lists for even 4 or 5 things because because my memory was so bad. It would wipe me out for the rest of the day. Head pounding and twitches throughout. I understand you completely. 

Wishing you strength and patience. We’re here if you need us. 

0 mg Nov 1 2018

• Moderator Emeritus

All my best to you @Dahlia50--It is so very hard to accept.  I know.  Keep going.  It will change.  It will improve.

Sending you hugs, Arbor

Zoloft: 1995 - 2015

Prozac: 2015 - 2018 (tapered from 40mg x day on July 31 to 30mg on August 31 to 20mg on September 31 to 10mg October 31 to 0mg on  December 15, 2018

Gabapentin: 2016 to 2019  (tapered from 300mg x day to 150mg on August 31, 2019 to 75mg on September 15 to 50mg on September 31 to 25ishmg on October 15 to 0mg on December 1, 2019

Enalapril: 2010 - 2019

Lipitor: 2017 -2017

Metformin: 2000 - 2020

Liothyronine: 2007 - 2019

Levothyroxine: 2000 - 2022

Thank you so much 🙏 @arbor  Yes its so very hard to accept. To get through each day, I can be in bed in pain all day, can't even go out. So it really means a lot with a greeting and encouraging words here.

Hugs to you Arbor 

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

• 2 weeks later...

Given that I took zoloft for 13 years and had a bad reaction. Feels like life is over. Have no feelings, Pssd and anhedonia. Can this relly heal or you remain brain damaged?? Cognitive, memory and functional problems. In hospital now, they wanted to try inserting citalopram 2.5 mg. Considering how bad I feel 4 months off and heard that some are worse after six months/year, I thought I'd give it a try. Day 2 I had a strong bad reaction. So I dare not continue with that. Feeling worse now, do you think the reaction today can subside?? Hopeless scared and sad now…

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

• Mentor

I feel for you @Dahlia50  I tried amytriptylene when I was in a similar place and after just 1/2 a tablet I felt really sick and super nauseous. I didn’t take any more.

You will heal. You probably have loads of unanswered questions in your head and are wondering how you could have arrived in your current situation, but you will heal. It may take some time but you will. 

stay strong. Be patient and kind to yourself. 

0 mg Nov 1 2018

@DaBro Thanks 🙏

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

Feel like I'm screwed now. Really bad WD from going off zoloft completely. After 4 months when I tried 2.5mg citalopram (persuasive Dr who didn't listen when I said WD) everything got worse, severe adverse reaction. Does anyone know if this means - I took two pills and Im done for years now with this reaction + WD? Or may reaction calm down? It’s 1 week ago. Feel even more numb now and can't sleep, overactivation, non funtional. I feel terribly bad, scared. And all I wanted was to be myself again.

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

I also took Zoloft/Sertraline, "only" 50mg and "just" for three years. Even three years is too much, the body develops a physical dependency to the chemical long before and it forgets how to function without it. I stopped Sertraline cold turkey, and the chaos and confusion I went through it's hard to describe, even today, there years later I'm still in recovery. I can't give advice for the physical symptoms but I suggest trying to make sense of the emotional experience as best as you can, many mental health system/industry patients have their fair amount of trauma, such as myself, and psychiatry many times only makes it worse. I'd say, try to connect the emotional aspect of withdrawal to your past/present experiences and see if there is any logical connection, if there is, look for people that experienced the same events or similar ones, emotions, etc, the validation that you can find in others can help a lot in your recovery process. Like I said, I don't know if this is your case, but I feel like the withdrawal community is too focused on the biological aspect of the experience. In any case, I'd tell you to be extremely patient, as much as you can, this is a process that can not be rushed, even if we all wish it.

Mid Feb 2017 - Mid March 2017 0.25mg Sertraline

March 2017 - last months of 2019 0.50mg Sertraline

Last months of 2019 - tappering, cold turkey and reinstating multiple times, decided to not take it any longer (suffering unknown withdrawal)

April 2020 - end August 2020 - 0.50mg again, stopped cold turkey

Jan/Feb 2021 (Can't remember exactly) - 0.25mg or 0.50mg Sertraline for 1-3 weeks max

0.00mg since August 2020

Hi, is there any moderators or anyone who can give me some advice or just supporting kind words.

I wish I hadn't gone completely off zoloft like I did. After 2.5 months off I got severe WD. Feels like a really bad hit for my brain and nervous system. 4 months and 2 weeks since completely off. About a week ago when in hospital, we tried 2.5 mg of citalopram. Was it a high dose? The second day I had an adverse reaction. I quit immediately after two days. Afterwards there was an activation in the system and got worse.

Like many others, I now feel stuck in excruciating WDs. Worst symptoms are electrical sensation and terrible pain in the brain 24/7 almost feels like a stroke, anxiety, extreme fatigue, can barely walk, eat, pain all over, cognitively gone, feels like the brain and body are not working together at all. Scared this will last for several years and be protracted. Or be worse after 9 months. Also I took Zoloft non-stop for 13 years and tapered off too quickly at the end. I can't work and the whole life disappears.

Sad that I am too late to reinstate and that I had an adverse reaction. I should wait it out probably but don't understand how I can survive this daily torture. There is no guarantee it will ever heal. Trying to calm the nervous system down as much as I can since trying citalopram. Could this reaction lead me being non-functional for years or it may settle down - or just prolong and aggravate WD? Lost and hopeless, I know, trying to reach out and understand. Would it be any idea for me to try 1mg zoloft after 5-6 months? I'm scared of SSRIs but don't know if I'll survive this WD either…

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

Hi, is there any moderators or anyone who can give me some advice, support or some kind words.

I wish I hadn't gone completely off zoloft like I did. 4 months and 2 weeks since completely off. After 2.5 months when I quit I got severe WD. Feels like a really bad hit for my brain and nervous system. It's been 4 months and 2 weeks since completely off. About a week ago when I was in hospital, we tried 2.5 mg of citalopram 4 months off zoloft. The second day I had a clear adverse reaction. So I quit immediately after two days. After that there was an activation in the system and got worse.

Like many others, I now feel stuck in excruciating WDs that terrifys. Worst symptoms are electrical sensation and terrible pain in the brain 24/7 almost like a stroke, anxiety, extreme fatigue, can barely walk, eat, pain all over, cognitively gone, feels like the brain and body are not working together at all. Scared this will last for several years and be protracted. Or worse after 9 months. Also I took Zoloft non-stop for 13 years and tapered off too quickly at the end. I can't work and my whole life disappears.

Sad I am too late to reinstate and that I had an adverse reaction. Feel like I should wait it out probably but don't understand how I can survive this daily torture. There is no guarantee that it will ever heal. Trying to calm the nervous system down as much as I can since trying citalopram. Could this reaction lead me being non-functional for years or it may settle down - or just prolong and aggravate WD? Lost and hopeless, I know, trying to reach out and understand. Would it be any idea for me to try 1mg zoloft after 5-6 months? Scared of SSRIs now but don't know if I'll survive WD either…

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

Hi, did you read my previous message?

Last months of 2019 - tappering, cold turkey and reinstating multiple times, decided to not take it any longer (suffering unknown withdrawal)

Jan/Feb 2021 (Can't remember exactly) - 0.25mg or 0.50mg Sertraline for 1-3 weeks max

0.00mg since August 2020

• Mentor
12 minutes ago, Dahlia50 said:

Scared of SSRIs now but don't know if I'll survive WD either

I'm so sorry you're having a difficult time.  If it were me, I'd be more scared of what taking further SSRIs could do to me as opposed to patiently enduring withdrawal.  At least with withdrawal you know that eventually you'll improve, but adding more drugs when you're already in withdrawal is such a gamble.  Your biggest healers are going to be time and patience.  It's not what we want to hear.  We want someone to tell us the magic fix to make it all go away.  Unfortunately, it's not that easy.  But the good news is that in time you will improve so hang in there as best as you can.  Try to find ways to cope and to take care of yourself during your healing and recovery.  You will make it!!!!

Disclaimer:  This is not professional medical advice but is based on personal experience only.

1994 - 2017:  Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Seroquel, Buspar, Lorazepam, Xanax, Ambien

2005-present:  Trazodone 50 mg 

2017:  Effexor XR 37.5 >> 75 mg 

2020 (March):  Began 10% monthly taper of Effexor XR (got down to 12 mg)

2021 (September):  Completely crashed.  Went back up to 37.5 mg but in doing so I kindled myself

2024:  1/1:  35.6 mg (-6 beads)  |  2/1:  33.8 mg (-11 beads)  |  3/1:  32.1 mg (-16 beads)  |   4/1:  (-18 beads)

Reasons for starting psych meds:  PMDD/Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Other medications:  Levothyroxine 75 mcg

Supplements:  Dr. Berg's Electrolyte Powder on occasion   

• Mentor

@Dahlia50 @Catina7 is 100% right. WD is you healing. You are drug free and your brain is grasping that opportunity to heal. Hang in there. We are with you. 

0 mg Nov 1 2018

I'd like to add to what the previous person said that making meaning of this difficult experience and receiving validation for said experiences is extremely important for recovery, it can make this painful experience less distressing. That's one of the reasons why people come here. I said multiple times that I feel that the withdrawal community is too focused on the physical symptoms of withdrawal. People like me disconnected from their traumas when we took antideppresants, to such an extent that I thought it was a finally thing of the past, that I had overcome it. When my withdrawal happened it came back and I couldn't make sense of what was happening to me, I couldn't say "these are the difficult and painful emotions/feelings that I felt when I started taking the drug and now they're coming back again to haunt me, because I was just chemically deceived by the drug and psychiatry ignored my trauma when it drugged me". I'm not saying this is your case, but in any case if it is, all or part of the anxiety, fear, sadness, confusion, etc, could be coming from the past without you noticing it for the reasons I said, they could be decades long forgotten emotions.

0.00mg since August 2020

@Gonzo Thanks! I did. It was a very good perspective. Understand and agree with the emotional aspect of withdrawal. It’s included. But difficult when you are in the middle of worse, although I have some insights. But it's a mix of chemistry, biology emotional and injuries. Considering that you are still in recovery 3 years later and "only” took sertraline for 3 years, Im worried after taking it for 13 years. The thought of years is heavy. But very grateful this community exists, others who share the same experiences, it's a good support in this lonely WD world. 🙏

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

I stopped cold turkey, it was a big mistake, if you didn't, chances are you won't suffer the same as I did. For the time being, sometimes it can be extremely distressing. In my case, the confusion I experienced was very very damaging, I was confused by both psychiatric toxic bullsh*t and the drug, that deceived me. You're already here, you'll be supported and it will be easier for you. It took me 3 years to start understanding what happened to me, that made my recovery much more slower, and 2 years to get into the withdrawal community and antipsychiatry, where I found support. Things will be okay, trust me. Just tell us how you are doing.

0.00mg since August 2020

@Catina7 @DaBro Its so hard but thanks a lot! I hear you. 🙏💛

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

Thank you @Gonzo for your words, means a lot! 🙏

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

I also have extreme pressing pulsing throbbing pains in my head. At various points, extremely sharp, tense tight pulls and pains terribly strong, so that I become brain tired dizzy and nauseous. Pretty much every day, sometimes electrical. Also neck. Do you recognize this as WD? Or a neoro toxic injury from adverse reaction. It's no ordinary headache at all.

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

I have extreme pressing pulsing throbbing pains in my head. At various points, extremely sharp, tense tight pulls and pains terribly strong, so that I become brain tired dizzy and nauseous. Pretty much every day, sometimes electrical. Also neck. Do you recognize this as WD? Or a neoro toxic injury from adverse reaction. It's no ordinary headache at all.

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

• Mentor

It’s 100% WD @Dahlia50  and your brain resetting and healing now you are drug free. 

0 mg Nov 1 2018

W dniu 4.02.2024 o 15:23 Dahlia50 powiedziała:

Biorąc pod uwagę, że wybrałem zoloft przez 13 lat, źle zareagowałem. Czuje się, jakby życie się wykluczyło. Brak uczuć, Pssd i anhedonia. Czy to naprawdę może się zagoić, czy mózg pozostaje? Problemy poznawcze, pamięciowe i funkcjonalne. Można teraz zastosować lek, który umożliwia zastosowanie citalopramu w dawce 2,5 mg. Po zauważeniu, jak doszło do wypadku po 4 przerwach i po wydaniu, nastąpiło poważniejsze po sześciu miesiącach/roku, pomyślem, że odpadę. Dzień 2 wystąpienia, złączy. Dlatego nie odważę się tego kontynuować. Teraz jesteś gorszy. Czy myślisz, że dzisiejsza reakcja może upaść? Beznadziejny, przerażony i smutny teraz…

Witam, ja też cierpię i mam do Was pytanie kiedy chcieli Wam podać citalopram bo w szpitalu zmierzyli 2,5 mg escytalopramu czy mają tabletki 2,5 mg czy zmniejszyli 5 mg ale może Wam nie powiedzieli To.
Obecnie biorę 3 mths 0 mg i też nie wiem, czy przywrócić ponownie.
Pozdrowienia

2022 escitalopram from July 25 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg August-December- 7.5 mg, 5 mg, (1 month) 2.5 mg - C/T 
WD
2023 Short reinstatement from WD date: 

escitalopram May 25-June 12 5 mg, 2.5 mg plus interrupted

Reinstatement 24 07.23 0.5mg escitalopram, 18.08.23 0.22 escitalopram, 07.09. 0.28
Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

Last year 6 months on escitalopram, I was very agitated, hypomaniacal and with little need for sleep. 
Since July 2023 reinstated and reduced from 0.50 mg to 0.30 mg Lexapro - difficulty sleeping and lack of sleep, eye pain and IBS. Anhedonia. 

November 2023 - 0mg

@modelarz71 Yes suffering. Tried citalopram 2.5mg at the hospital. Yes they divided the tablet (split from a 5mg tablet). Think they said there are no less than 5mg pills so they split the tablet.

2008 Zoloft 50mg