luv2knit

luv2knit

Hanging in there, SL. Will try to do another update soon. Trying to sort some things out and evaluate.

XOXO

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Are you ok, Luv ? You sound kind of  "weird" .

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

I'm fine, Ali... Thanks. Actually the "mystery" surrounding my last post was trying to evaluate if I have had a general trend toward improvement the last few weeks--but trying not to be overly optimistic... Unfortunately, yesterday was one of the worst days I have had in a while... and today's not looking too good either :(

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Luv, I totally understand.  I haven't done an update for a while , because I have no idea what's going on.  Am I in A " window" or am I in a "wave".  ??

I have no idea !      Keep " pushing through".     Love,  Ali.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Exactly, Ali...

XOXO

I'm glad I'm not the only one !  LOl. :):blush::unsure: .  We'll get there, Luv. 

The way our brains heal can be so hard to get through I know.   It's just not like any other kind of healing and can be so very discouraging.   And we're all so individual.  I'm in a bad place again too after some hopeful signs --  We just have to believe that every day is one of healing whether we see it or not.   As always, prayers being said for you.  xoxoxo

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

Luv, I totally understand not wanting to be overly optimistic and being confused as to what is happening. I don't want to post the same thing over and over and when things may be getting better, I never know when it will go back the other way and sometimes I don't know if I'm imagining it. So, I don't know what to post anymore... So, for the most part, I don't.

I'm happy it looked like you were having some improvement. I'm sorry that you are having a rough few days now.

I am continuing to pray for all of us. XOXO

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

So, I definitely had a rough few days. Yesterday was a bit better again. Still not really sure where I stand. This does not appear to be what I always thought of as the typical "windows and waves" pattern, but do think it is a pattern of sorts--and hopefully indicates some degree of healing. August has been interesting. I have many other symptoms, but I gauge everything primarily by the akathisia, because that is the most troubling for me. Throughout most of August, I have had a pattern of somewhat lighter akathisia (I would say between 25-50% lighter) either half a day--or a couple of times, even a whole day--every 2nd or 3rd day. The days in between are about the same (moderate to high level), but I am grateful for any break I can get at this point. I am now 13 months off. My WD started about a month out, so this akathisia has been going on for a year now... every day, to some degree.

I keep trying to see a pattern,too, luv. I think I've established a pattern,

then it changes. It does make it hard to know where you stand. I also gauge

progress by the akathisia. I'm just coming out of a bad wave of it, after it had

been better for several weeks. It's so hard to know what's what, but hopefully

all the ups and downs mean progress. We are slowly climbing out of it I think.

(Way too slowly!)

2006-Cymbalta 60mg for lyme disease2009-Quit Cymbalta c/tFeb. 2010-Reinstated 60mg CymMar.2010 to May.2012 tapered Cym to 36mgMay 2012-Crossed over to 30mg CelexaMay 2012-Oct.2013 Tapered Celexa down to 2.5mgOct.2013-Switched to 30 beads CymbaltaDec.4,2013-Stopped Cymbalta at 17 beads<p>Akathisia hit at 6 wks off and continuesNow taking melatonin when needed for sleep.

Luv,  It's good that you had at least some better times this month.  But I'm so sorry for the really hard days.  I have surely been the same: no real pattern at all.  As lundeliz says, it makes it so difficult to be able to have some sort of expectation as to how the brain is healing.  But at some point, it will begin to have a definite healing that we can see.   Keeping you in constant prayer.  xoxo

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

Thinking of you, Luv & hoping for some healing & recovery.   I know it will happen.  It's not a matter "if", only a matter of when !!!!  Hang on !!.  Love,  Ali.

Hi luv,

hope you're doing OK...we'll get through it together...love you, ds

XO

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

How are you doing Luv?

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Thanks, everyone. I have not been on much. My daughter has had issues for some time with what we thought was low potassium. Dizzy, shaky, weak, brain fog, and irregular heartbeat. This has happened about 5 times in the last week. In the past orange juice has helped the problem, but more recently, it takes more and more, and it's happened more and more (about 5 times in the last week). Made an appointment at doctor Thursday, but when we got there, nurse said their EKG machine was broken, and she suggested we go to the E.R. to get tests done (where we also would get results without having to wait 2-3 days. We ended up in E.R. all day. They said potassium was fine, but it appears there are "borderline" issues with her EKG. The nurse came in and started spouting the "it must be anxiety" stuff. When the doctor came in, it was a different story, though. They really didn't tell us what the results of EKG were, but they gave us a copy, and we looked it up. Borderline prolonged QT interval, which Fluoroquinolones can cause, and when the doctor stood her up, her heart rate shot up--so we are wondering about POTS (also common with floxing). Anyway, he referred her to a cardiologist for Holter monitor and Echocardiogram. We went there yesterday, and she is on a 30-day monitor. It probably won't happen again until the day after she gets the monitor off. From what we are reading, though, the prolonged QT interval can cause sudden death.

It's been pretty rough, but I am (sort of) hanging in there.

XOXO

Luv, I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. I can only imagine just how difficult it must be to have your child be ill especially when you are going through such hardship yourself.

When I was reading the top of your post before I had even had a chance to scan down and see pots mentioned... I had already thought that. What you are describing is typical pots. I have had that experience so many times. However, to my knowledge...generally pots people have normal EKG... Unless they have a murmur or a prolapse. I know you mentioned what it was that showed up but, I'm not familiar with that. And, all kinds of stuff can cause pots. It's a syndrome, a set of symptoms. It's not the root of the problem. Most of us who have it are never tested further to find the root cause. I wasn't, unfortunately. The doctors generally just through a beta blocker at it, which can make a person feel worse. I was on them as a teen. It was no fun.

I wish I could be of more help. I'm so so so sorry. I'm proud of you for hanging in there. I am praying for you and also for your daughter. XOXO

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

(((luv))),sorry life is so difficult right now...you're in my thoughts & prayers,love ds

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Thanks, DS.

Everything that has been going on has finally caught up to me. Akathisia ramped sky high at this point. The burning, which had been somewhat better, returned full force yesterday. I handled the first day or two pretty well, but yesterday was just one thing after another, and I am definitely right back in the hole again :(

so sorry...I feel like I'm at the end of my rope myself...especially the mornings are hell...don't know how much more I can take of this BS.

I'm so sorry about your daughter--that must be such a worry for you...my heart goes out toyou.

I hope that it's something they can treat somehow...try to stay strong...love,ds

Thanks, DS. I'm at the end of my rope too. You know what they say--tie a knot in it and hold on!! Trying... Easier said than done sometimes! Prayers!

XOXO

After waking up at 1:45 a.m. and not going back to sleep, surprisingly yesterday morning was about 60-70% better with regard to the akathisia. It did start ramping back up in the afternoon, and stayed that way for the remainder of the day.

Last night, I got two 3-4 hour stretches of sleep (VERY unusual--probably the first time in withdrawal), but the akathisia is ramped up sky high this morning. I just don't understand any of this, and it is getting very difficult to convince myself things are ever going to be any different... So discouraged :(

I know Luv. I'm discouraged too.  There doesn't seem to be any "rhyme or reason". However 3-4 hrs sleep, is good ! I would say , this is an improvement!   Try not to be negative. I know it's hard not to be.  It will get better.   Ali. ;)

I pray you are right, Ali.

Luv I am sorry you are having issues with your daughter's health.  My daughter is having issues as well and it causes great stress and worry.  I hope it all works itself out and she is fine and your symptoms calm themselves.  You are bound to feel a little worse with everything going on.  Prayers and thoughts are with you.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

Thanks, Frustrated. Praying for you and your daughter.

So to go back and recap this week--Monday morning was halfway decent, but started ramping back up Monday afternoon/evening. Tuesday was bad, but Wednesday (all day) was halfway decent. Yesterday was REALLY bad. I have been awake since 1:00 (again) this morning, and panic is terrible. Akathisia not looking real good either.

After all the fiascos I have had with the mag oil, I have stayed at the same dose for some time. I finally added ONE drop Monday. I also realized Thursday morning that I had neglected to take the supplements that were in my pill caddy Wednesday morning. I'm thinking this has probably thrown me for a bit of a loop, but nothing to be done about it. This morning, I took away the drop that I added of the mag oil, and will try to stabilize before trying to add that back in. (It probably has nothing to do with what's going on.) All throughout August, I had been having some decent half days, and even a couple of whole days in there, but these bad days I've had this last week have been REALLY bad! I have yet to actually manage to have more than one "decent" day in a row. I'm still waiting on that one.

Love and prayers to everyone.

Good to see that you are having some decent days Luv, though I know that the hard ones are very discouraging for you.  With all you've been through this past week, it does look as though your system is still able to be somewhat calm some of the time and that seems to be a good thing.  The brain in healing just seems to be so unreadable until its established enough of a balance for us to actually experience it.  Praying you'll continue to see more of the "decent" days!  xoxoxo

Thanks, Selma. Yes, I do acknowledge that it could be way worse. Since the panic subsided this morning, today the akathisia has been at a moderate level--quite a bit better than yesterday, so I am grateful for that. Like most of us, my patience is wearing thin, and some of my recent "bad" days have been especially brutal, but I believe I am seeing a trend in the right direction. I am trying to hang in there and see where things go from here.

XOXO

Praying for a beautiful string of back-to-back good days for you, Luv.

Love, Pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Thanks, Selma. Yes, I do acknowledge that it could be way worse. Since the panic subsided this morning, today the akathisia has been at a moderate level--quite a bit better than yesterday, so I am grateful for that. Like most of us, my patience is wearing thin, and some of my recent "bad" days have been especially brutal, but I believe I am seeing a trend in the right direction. I am trying to hang in there and see where things go from here.

XOXO

Luv, you just keep going! You are one of the strongest people I have ever known. I am happy you see a trend towards something that looks more stable. It will happen. You will get there.

Thank you for your encouragement on my thread. I appreciate you. XOXO

Thanks, Pug and WF. Keeping you both in my prayers!

XOXO

Hi Luv.  Haven't been on much but I do think about you.  Hugs.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

How are your days going ?  So praying that you're still seeing some times of lessening of the bad times. 

Thanks, Frustrated!

Selma, I am still seeing some occasional "better" days or portions of days. Unfortunately, the rest of the time is even more brutal than ever--and today is one of those days :(

Love you all.

Oh yuk.  But this no doubt means that a lifting is on its way.  I seem to have that sequence of an almost unbearable day and then the next day much easier.  Praying hard as alway, Luv. xoxoxo

Thanks, Selma. I hope so.

XOXO

Luv,

I can only send more love & encouragement. Like Wildflower said, "you are strong" !! You are going to make it through this. "Occasional better days" .  This is good.

I am too.  We'll get there.

Love,  Ali.   :huh:  :)