luv2knit

luv2knit

I'm really sorry to hear how hard things are for you right now. I really really wish you could see some good windows to give you a break and restore your hope. I know you must be frustrated and I can hear the weariness in your post. I understand why you feel that way. All I know to say and to keep saying is that this WILL pass. You will get better, you will get through this.

I wish there was something more that I could do to help you besides just words of encouragement. I continue to pray as well. Love you XOXO

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Thanks DS, Flowers, and WF. Yes, we have to hang on, don't we?! Sometimes easier said than done! Hopefully this will pass soon. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!

XOXO

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Hang in there, Luv

You will be okay. Our minds are temporarily compromised. You are not getting worse, sweetheart. You are getting better. If you were getting worse, you would feel nothing.

The symptoms we are experiencing are signs that our brains are working hard to achieve homeostasis.

We are healing and, unfortunately, this is what a healing brain feels like. It is the "motherboard" of the body, so our changing and morphing symptoms are all over the place. Different areas flare up while healing, other areas calm down while the new ones step to the front of the line. As humans, we are used to dealing with one ailment at a time. When the brain is sick and damaged, it's a free-for-all.

I'm praying for you, as always. You are getting better. You are not on psyche drugs and you are in recovery. Time will heal you. God will soothe you and carry you when you cannot walk. You will recover 100% and will help others who are on their own healing journey. God has a plan for you that will bring you joy and contentment. Believe it.

Love, Pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Thanks, Pug. So good to hear from you again. It's a roller coaster ride--that's for sure!

Appreciate the prayers. I pray for you every day as well. Will try to get over to your thread soon!

XOXO

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

I was wondering about the FB group you're in. I might like to join you.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

I am actually in 3 or 4 groups. The main one I frequent, though, is called "Freedom From Psychiatric Drugs." (They made a slight change in the name recently.) There are several from here on SA who are in the group. (Some I know who they are here, and some I haven't placed yet... Lol). For a time, I actually was an admin, but the creator of the group recently decided to drop all the other admins, and run the group with his fiancée. Please do join us! I spend far more time on FB now than I do here! There actually are two groups by the same name, run by the same person--but the one I am in is the "closed" group.

Can you still join a closed group?

Yes, Pug. You just send a join request, and the admins will approve you. You just cannot see any of the posts if you are not in the group... And your friends will not be able to see what you post, unless they are in the group as well.

Thanks Luv.

You're welcome :)

It's been a crazy week--and especially the last couple of days. No real pattern with the akathisia now... Up and down and all over the place. Still always present to some extent though.

Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, woke up at 12:30 a.m. to no power. Woke hubby up to hook up generator (it doesn't power heat or hot water, but does power lights and our fish tanks). I sat up in chair, so I would know if power came back on, and not waste gas in generator. Finally went back to bed about 4:30. No more sleep, though. About 6:00, hubby went over to daughter's to hook her generator up. I got up and dressed, and did surprisingly well here by myself for a while, considering early morning this is almost always nearly impossible for me. Power finally back on about 8:30. Went through our normal routine IN THE POURING RAIN. I was totally soaked (husband and daughter even more so). Got home a couple of hours later and put on DRY clothes--finally! Been feeling like I'm about to get sick for two weeks-- hope this doesn't push me over the edge!

When I grabbed the knob on the closet door to change clothes, something "popped" in my wrist, and left me unable to move/open/close my right hand. Fortunately I am left-handed, but I do many things with my right. Have no idea what happened. Just trying to use heat on it and not use. Is some better this morning, but definitely still having major issues. Hopefully a few days of babying it will help! Strange!

After all that, I was ramped up throughout the night and still this morning, but did get SOME sleep. Hopefully this will settle down later today!

What a week you have had! So we are not the only one's here in the Spanish countryside that experience lack of power on a regular basis! Wish we had a generator sometimes!!

So sorry you have hurt your wrist. Maybe it is a ligament? Can you get a wrist support? - it may help to keep it immobilised.

Do you ever feel like you are falling apart at the seams? I know I do!

Hope your wrist mends quickly Luv.

Lots of love

Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

Flowers, we had to get the generator or lose all our fish, because they have to have their filters! Gotta admit it is nice to have lights when the power goes out--even if we don't have heat/air!!

Yes, it has been quite a week, and I do sometimes (often) feel like I'm falling apart. The crazy thing about my hand/wrist is that I felt the "pop" in my wrist, but all the pain/loss of movement is in my hand... the wrist doesn't hurt... although if I rub it, there is a tendon that is slightly sore. I did absolutely nothing that should have caused this... Just opened the bi-fold door to the closet... So strange!

Hope you're hanging in there!!

XOXO

• Moderator Emeritus

Just some words of encouragement to you luv.  Reading some of your last posts and a big wow as I think you are doing amazing........power outages, being alone, surviving new physical things, and obviously a very important part of your family.

I don't know how you do it.  I am also so glad that you are looking after the fish.  I imagine that they are colorful and interesting to watch.

Hugs.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Thanks for stopping by my thread to offer your support. It is very much appreciated Luv.

I know I am getting myself in a state about a road trip back to the UK next week. I always get like this since WD at the thought of leaving my comfort zone at home. It is so annoying as I just don't seem to be able to get into a different mindset!

Nevermind, I am hoping I will be OK once we get on our way.

How are things with you? Hows the wrist?  I hope you haven't had anymore power cuts.

Love and hugs.

xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

I feel equal parts distressed and comforted by reading all the above posts - distressed by the ceaseless problems everyone is going through and comforted to know that I am not alone. Luv, you are amazing - to drive 30 miles! You seem such a capable person.

I feel a bit like Sisyphus pushing his rocks up the hill - just when you think the top is close, they all come tumbling down again. After a few 'good' weeks, it's back with a vengeance, new symptoms 'n all! I have this prickling, tingling, numbing in my arms and hands and sometimes legs and feet, also have a sore neck, maybe they are related. It's driving me crazy!!!!

It seems that all we CAN do, is hang in there. (Or wait a week to get an appointment with your doctor, pay him big bucks, and have him tell you nothing!) Yeah, I know!

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for 32 years, given AD for this condition alone in 2000

Zoloft 100mg for 15 years, last five of these complained about adverse effects,

unable to tolerate other meds even supplements

Slowly felt sicker, advised by different Dr maybe on ads for too long

Cut back 100 - 50 over 6 months, still getting worse, so stopped over about 6 weeks starting Dec 2014

First month, slow, emotional, useless then POW! Horrendous withdrawal symptoms, completely non-functional

for about five months, slowly started to come back to life and continue with waves and windows, still more bad than good, but bads are less bad, and goods slightly better each time

PS. Those of you waking in fright, have you tried Dr Weil's 4-7-8 breathing technique as posted out by Monica (Beyond Meds)

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for 32 years, given AD for this condition alone in 2000

Cut back 100 - 50 over 6 months, still getting worse, so stopped over about 6 weeks starting Dec 2014

First month, slow, emotional, useless then POW! Horrendous withdrawal symptoms, completely non-functional

for about five months, slowly started to come back to life and continue with waves and windows, still more bad than good, but bads are less bad, and goods slightly better each time

Hey Luv!! Checking in on you! So sorry to hear all of the upheaval you have had to cope with lately. I continue to be amazed by your ability to handle all of it. I've said it before, you are a brave lady!!

Love and prayers! Xo

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Thanks, MMT, Flowers, Cherry, and WF. Wrist/hand is better, but somehow injured my leg yesterday just getting in the car. Somehow my joints/tendons seem ridiculously susceptible to injury right now--when I haven't even done anything that should remotely cause injury :(

Have had a few more "breaks" in the intensity of the akathisia the last couple of weeks. One of them was THREE DAYS! Not gone, mind you, but much lighter. Didn't last--but encouraging nevertheless! At least gives me hope that it will be gone SOMEDAY!

Comparing my ability to function this Thanksgiving compared to last Thanksgiving, I can see quite a bit of improvement. I guess you might expect that over a year's time, but I'm thankful anyway--and do not take it for granted. Decided during my three better days that I was going to try to help my daughter with some of the cooking, and even though the intensity increased again, I was still able to follow through on completing what I had hoped to do, and even a little more. Last year, I was just barely able to get over there, so definitely some change there. Fatigue has been pretty overwhelming off and on, but I'm sure that will eventually get back to a more normal level. (After all, I've had CFS for years, and I don't see that going anywhere--even after withdrawal symptoms subside.) Sleep still leaves quite a bit to be desired, but I'm getting there--slowly! This week marked 16 months off.

Oh I'm so happy for you..great..it's amazing..it goes on so long and it doesn't feel like it will ever end but it does. :)

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

happy to read of your improvements,that's wonderful.

little by little,we're getting there! xo

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Thanks, L&L and DS. Not counting my chickens before they hatch. Any hope for improvement is welcome, though. We'll see where it goes from here!

XOXO

Had one of the worst days I have had in a while Sunday :( Started out with terrors--soon followed by depression, which lasted all day. By afternoon, the akathisia was ramped sky high. Fortunately this settled down a little yesterday, and seems to still be settled somewhat today. Hopefully this will continue, because hubby has to go in to work for a while. Sleep not very good--been awake since 2:00 this morning. Just trying to get by at this point!

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh luv2knit, it must be the season.  I have also had a return of some symptoms I had nearly forgotten about.  Thankfully not as bad as when I first arrived at SA.

And really, truly.......I am so very happy to have the associate(son) living back at home for awhile as that seemed to get me to such a turning point of coping better.  Just saying that.......as sometimes......well most times.......being alone for too long is just not good for me at all.  Get's me to the can't leave the house point and all that.  Well, it just sends me deeper into a bad place in my head.

I just sure hope I get my car back later and it stays hardy for a few months.

Hope it's a good one for you today.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Luv,

Just stopping by to cheer you on. It has to get better , soon.    :)   You are healing, slowly. However you are healing. 

Hugs,

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

(((Luv)))  Will be praying for you while husband is gone.  How is your leg?  Oh these awful intense days.  I do agree with Ali tho that you are healing.  I'm struggling badly too today--God give us strength!  XOXOXO

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

MMT--I'm sure you are glad to have your son back home for a while. My daughter (only child) moved out right when my withdrawal started. I still see her almost daily, but it still has been difficult.

Thank you for stopping by, Ali. I do agree that healing is taking place, albeit slow.

Selma, still having issues with the leg, but am hopeful at this point that it is not going to turn into something long-term. Yes, the intense days are horrible, and I am still having much more of them than I would like! In fact, at this stage, I am still having more intense days than I am lighter days. Hopefully this will turn around with time.

XOXO

Hi luv,just wanted to stop by and wish you well...I've been in a bad way too lately but was feeling better today.

here's hoping for more better days...for all of us...xoxo

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Thanks, DS. (Sorry, just now seeing this!). Yes... Hoping for better days! Hang in there!

Hi luv2knit. I am probably going to have to cold turkey my geodon. I don't know if I will get withdrawal akathisia but if I do what advice can you give about coping with it long term. I have already experienced the most intense akathisia as a side effect of being on geodon which subsided as I lowered the dose. I have now lost my ability to sleep. The neuroleptic drugs caused it. I also have emerging tardive dyskenisia. So I have to stop taking geodon. What gets you through the worst of the akathisia?

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. 47 different drugs. Over 57 thousand pills. Tapered off final cocktail February 1st, 2013- September 9th, 2019. For Hashimotos I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. BP meds. For supplements I take B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

Luv,

You are so strong. One of the strongest , I know. Cheering you on .

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Marsha, so sorry. Why is it necessary to cold turkey as opposed to slow taper, as recommended on this site? Unless there is some extenuating circumstance, please do not consider cold turkey. Your insomnia and tardive dyskenisia issues will more than likely just be exacerbated by CT, in my opinion.

I wish I could tell you something to help with the akathisia. When at all possible, I just try to distract with knitting, crocheting, coloring, word search puzzles, etc. I watch game shows on TV--cannot watch ANYTHING too activating--although I am beginning to be able to "branch out" a little on this. When worst comes to worst, I just sit and rock--and take it a minute at a time. I wish you luck!!

Thanks, Ali! Appreciate it. Hope you are doing well!

XOXO

Hi luv. The neuroleptics have all caused insomnia. The benzodiazepines had allowed me to sleep but now no sleep. None. I can always try high doses of clonazepam. Nothing else works. But that could backfire causing a paradoxical reaction. At least if I just stop the geodon at some point I will be able too at least get some sleep. Also the td must be not allowed to progress even though it will become more pronounced after stopping geodon. It has a chance to resolve if the geodon is stopped. Very difficult decisions to make.

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. 47 different drugs. Over 57 thousand pills. Tapered off final cocktail February 1st, 2013- September 9th, 2019. For Hashimotos I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. BP meds. For supplements I take B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

Yes, very difficult, Marsha. I have had serious insomnia issues since my rapid taper 16.5 months ago. Have no experience with the TD, but from what I have seen from others, like you say, that could be more pronounced with CT. I wonder if there might be a "happy medium" in there--somewhere between CT and the recommended 10%???

Best wishes, whatever you decide!!

Yes, it must be the season. Twelve months on and I thought I was heading in the right direction but now I have huge problems again - severe degeneration of joints in the neck which is pinching nerves that were already screaming, massive headaches, pins and needles, making me feel really sick and hurt all over, bringing back old symptoms, can't get comfortable anywhere.........good grief will it never end?

One day this WILL all come to an end - won't it?