luv2knit

luv2knit

I pray you are right, Ali. Today is not good (again), but it is POSSIBLY 10% better than yesterday, so I will push through.

XOXO

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Luv,

Thanks for stopping in and checking on me in my thread.  I hope things will improve for you. I do believe that in time everything will resolve.

I don't know how things will go when I finish tapering but after severe anxiety/akathesia I feel I can take anything.

You too will be so strenghtened when you get through this and will be able to handle stressors better than before.

A friend of mine at work was speaking about bad things that could happen and he was talking about a nuclear war and famine. I said that after suicidal akathesia/anxiety what's a war or a famine!

He was with me when I was going though what I was going through  with the drug so he knows how bad it got for me. He truly believes now that drugs can really mess people up.

Prozac 1999-2009 quit semi cold turkey.

2012 Placed on Seroquel 25 mg, Tranxene (Clorezepate) 3.75 mg 3x a day, Remeron 30 mg for anxiety/akathesia.

Weaned off Seroquel and Tranxene .to Remeron 15 Mg.

In May 2014 tried quitting Remeron at its lowest dose. Had severe withdrawals.Reinstated Remeron at 30 mg by doctor. August 5 2014 entered hospital. Doctor pulled the Remeron and bridged it to Pamelor (Nortriptyline) 40mg and Zyprexa 2.5mg.After removing the Remeron all my bad symptoms went away and I am stable.

9/11/14 - 7.5 mg tranxene, 40mg Pamelor, Zyprexa 2.5mg

12/29/14 -  20mg Pamelor, 1/6/15,  7/31/15 3.5mg, 8/10/15 3.2 mg, 9/15/15 2.2mg, 10/15/15 1.8mg

(Feb 2016 - 1.4mg Pamelor only -  OFF OF TRANXENE AND ZYPREXA SINCE DEC 2014 BENZO FREE Since 2014. Nortrityline (Pamelor) .8mg Aug 2016

March 2017 DRUG FREE

Thanks, Chicken. I do hope and pray this will all be over someday. I have to admit, though--sometimes I wonder.

Yes, I never would have believed drugs could mess people up so badly. First my daughter with the Fluoroquinolones, and now this. It continues to amaze me how people's doctors continue to tell them withdrawal cannot last more than a couple of weeks. Oh, really... What would you call this, then?! Just an excuse for more drugs... SMH

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Luv - this is where the problem lies. The doctors are probably right in respect to withdrawal only lasting that long. It's not withdrawal now...we are dealing changes to the brain caused from the drugs...like an injury that has to repair. Unless this understood and put out there to the medical community we will never get believed or understood. It needs to happen though, and soon!

Thinking of you. I'm too having doubts as to when and if this will ever go. Im sure everyone does but you will get better. Everyone gets better. Hugs and love to you. X

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Yes, I agree, Muddles--it needs to happen soon.

Yes, I know it is a "normal" part of withdrawal to feel like we won't get better. We just have to believe we will--so difficult!!

Thanks for your support!

XOXO

Even if it's like an injury, It will repair though, like a " broken arm".  The body " heals itself  ".  We have to respect that !   It takes time.  ( And patience  ) !!  and more time !

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Yes, Ali--time and patience! I might find out differently, but right at this point, I feel I could deal with everything a whole lot better, if it were not for the akathisia. This has been going on for over a year now. I have watched it come and go for others, but it is becoming more and more difficult to believe this will ever go away. I have times when it is less severe, but then it hits with a vengeance. This is where I have been for the past several days :(

XOXO

OOOhhh, Luv. !!

I don't even know how much we can endure, but you are  pretty much there.  How does this manifest itself, for you ?   As in, what are the symptoms exactly ?   I had   "paresthesia" for a few nights , and I was ready to " chop off a limb " !!    Those were the worst nights of my life.     Insomnia & burning , horrible , " squiggly" feelings, in my legs. I still do, occasionally get them, but on the whole , they have receded.  The Insomnia, keeps on, however, until I get to the point of " total exhaustion", after 2 or 3 nights of  " no sleep" , when I finally drop in a heap . You are so strong. You never complain.  This just does my head in, as to the patience & fortitude needed to conqeur this .All I can say is , you have to keep pushing forward. There is no other alternative.   I know you have your daughter, and you have to show her strength.  You're one of my " heros" , Luv. .  I admire you , to the n'th degree.   Hang in there.  Love  , Ali.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Ali--I don't even know how to describe it. I have both the physical and psychological akathisia. The physical is sort of like restless legs all over the body.. The need to move all the time. Most people pace, but with my CFS, I can't even stand for any length of time--much less pace. I sit and rock most of the time. The psychological is the worst, and that is pure mental torture.. Anxiety (more like terror), suicide ideation--just want to do anything to make it stop... Pull my hair, punch walls, scream, cry... Agitation... Hard to describe, really. Not fun, though. It's been 12.5 months with this so far. I have had times when it's not to the extreme, but it is always there to some extent. I also still have the burning all over. There again, sometimes this is worse than other times. Both the akathisia and the burning have been testing me the last several days. Wish it would give me a break!

Thanks, Ali!

XOXO

Luv,

You are one strong woman ! The way you have  gone through this with such " dignity & grace" , is truly astounding !!   I'm learning patience from you.   You will get there Luv.   You guys teach me "  Persistance", every day.    Love you,   Ali.

hi,luv-

sorry you suffer so much...I think I'm getting the same thing but less intense ...I wake up at night with it,and in the mornig when I wake it's terrible...feel so agitated...my feet burn and feel kinda numb...legs feel tingly ...hard to describe...like all your nerves are on fire...this only started a few months ago...so depressing...just feels like I'm moving in the wrong direction.

I hope you can get relief soon...xo

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Yes, DS... I have the numbness and tingling too--but also a pre-existing condition that adds to that. Yes, it does feel like everything is on fire! I had it earlier on, and it pretty much went away, and has now returned with a vengeance. Since it went away before, I have no doubt it will again!

Ali, I don't know so much about "dignity and grace"... Lol. Thanks for your kind words, though!

XOXO

Just read your recent posts Luv and just do not know how you endure all this day after day.

You really deserve a break and I am praying that you get one soon.

Lots of love

xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

(((((((((((((Luv))))))))))))   Thinking about you and praying for you that you will see at least some lifting of the akathisia and burning.  All we can do is to hold onto Him and get thru each moment.  It can be so hard not to go a place in our minds where we see nothing but suffering w/o end.  It's NOT true but the discipline to keep from thinking that is herculean.   Just have to keep saying over and over,  "moving thru this -- not staying".  Love you.

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

(((Selma))) Wow, I could have sworn I posted a response..

Yes, hold onto Him. Akathisia and burning are still bad, but they have been worse. Still will be glad to get a break. Thanks for the prayers! "Moving thru this--not staying". Love you too!

Prayers

((((Luv))))

You are suffering so much. The akathisia will lift eventually, Luv. It will simply "run out of steam."

My akathisia has improved, but it is still here to some degree. Our nerves are shot, that's all, and as they continue to repair, slowly the intensity of the akathisia and burning will subside until they are gone. Believe it, Luv. Everyone heals.

All the survivors who have gone through this are now living a drug-free life with no symptoms. They are waking up peacefully every morning at a decent hour, after a full night of restful sleep. They are not in pain, they are not anxious. They are smiling, they are eating well, they are enjoying their families and friends and indulging in hobbies and an occasional glass of wine. They don't even think about withdrawal. This is what you have to look forward to.

You just aren't there yet, but you WILL GET THERE. You have not incurred permanent damage. This is a short period of convalescence in your life. You will heal when your body repairs what needs fixing. You will heal 100% and will be an inspiration to all those who come behind you. And, unfortunately, there will be many who will travel this withdrawal road and they will need your encouragement and reassurance that they too will be fine.

God made our bodies to live with the atrocities of this planet---accidents, illnesses, drugs, toxins, all kinds of dangerous situations and people. He saw it all coming our way and designed us to survive and thrive, in spite of the things that threaten us. You know in your heart, Luv, that God has not and will not ever abandon you, or leave you in this state of discomfort, pain and agitation. Yes, it seems endless now, but there is a time in your future when this suffering will be gone completely and you will wonder how on earth you survived. But survive you did.

Out of thousands and thousands of people who have healed, you are not going to be the one person who doesn't. That thinking is illogical catastrophizing because you are in pain. You will heal 100%. You will never suffer like this again. You will not feel exhausted. Your new brain will supply you with abundant energy. More energy than you can use in a day. This is a brand new brain we are talking about now. A brain that doesn't know CFS, or any other illnesses or shortfalls. This is your future, Luv.

I pray for you all the time. God is listening. He's already said yes.

Love you, Pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Luv,

You  do have these qualities in you , whether you can see it or not. Don't underestimate yourself !!

Thank you, Pug. That was lovely. Thank you for the encouragement, Ali.

A lot going on, and most of it not good. When the doctor decreased my dosage of Synthroid 2.5 months ago, they neglected to tell me I would have to be rechecked in 3 months instead of the usual 6 months. I found that out when I picked up my last refill a couple of weeks ago. Appointment this afternoon to have blood work done. Based on the increase in symptoms I'm 90% sure they will be lowering my dose again. The morning panic has returned--sometimes starting as early as 2:00 a.m., my sleep has been crappy again, and I'm not having the breaks in intensity I was having from the akathisia. If this happens, I will be glad for less medication, but if it continues, I won't have much further to go before I will be on zero, and I'm concerned it will then become hyperthyroidism. (Don't they try to destroy your thyroid for this?) My dose was 88, is now 75, and I believe the next step is 50, and then 25. For being on 20 years, I was not on a high dose at all, and I have questioned whether I even needed it. The absence of Zoloft could affect it--but I'm guessing it is primarily withdrawal messing with my hormones.

The akathisia has been ramped up pretty bad the last several days, and all sorts of other things going on, so it has been pretty rough. Got on my phone yesterday morning to a PM from someone I share a couple of groups with, but don't really know, asking me about my CFS. Assuming they had a legitimate reason for wanting to know, I tried to answer as honestly as possible, and with a fair amount of detail. The response I got back was, basically, "Why would you want to live like that?". I should have just ignored it, I suppose, but I responded back. A couple of messages later, this person was basically telling me I should just kill myself. Bad thing is, I don't think withdrawal was even being factored into the equation. It appeared to all be based on my life before withdrawal. Of course, when I woke up in the middle of the night, this kept playing over and over in my head--as well as another situation that occurred yesterday that I will not even get into on here... (Nothing personal--just a strange, disturbing situation.)

I'm praying that if my Synthroid dosage does change again, that it will help some with the increase in symptoms. The nurse wanted me to make my appointment a week from now, but if I had done that, I would not have any pills to taper with. As it is, if they get my test results back in a day or two, I will hopefully have about 10 days to taper--but 4 more days than I had before. Of course, I'm not wanting to get into all that with the doctor, who thinks I'm still on Zoloft.

Hope everyone is hanging in there. Love you all, and I'm still praying for ALL of us--and the sons and daughters that need prayer (Frustrated, Pug, and Ali).

XOXO

((Luv2))) what an awful thing for that person to say. You are a survivor xx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Thank you, L&L. I thought so too!

Oh Luv, I can't understand why anyone would say such a thing to anyone, much less someone in great suffering.  Comes from the "darkness", for sure.  You have been such a light in this awful thing and exhibit such courage and determination.  I read your posts and see your strength and it always, always strengthens me.  I think so many times of how you're going to come out of this and go on to a life that is well worth living. 

So so so sorry that you're having these additional stresses.  Husband and I are continuing to keep you in prayer.  As my daughter has said to me, protect your heart from those who would cause you any additional pain. 

Love you!

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

Thanks Selma. I just don't understand, either. You know what they say, though... "Misery loves company", so maybe this individual just wants to bring someone else down with her. It is hard enough to stay positive, as we all know. Been kinda down off and on today, but it happens to the best of us.

Whatever comes of the thyroid testing, at least I got the blood draw done. Guess I should know something in a few days. Hoping for no change, and that increased symptoms are just a wave.

XOXO

Luv,

I'm so sorry to hear that someone was so careless and seemingly just plain hateful with their words. I cannot imagine what would motivate someone to make a statement like that. And, I'm so terribly sorry you had to read those words. It must have been very hurtful and I can see from your post that it upset you very much.

I'm sorry your thyroid is bouncing all over the map. It seems that is kind of the norm in WD. I'm happy you made it through the blood draw. I can imagine being out at the doctor could be very difficult for you at this point. I'm sure you are glad it's over with.

I hope you get to a point where things become more tolerable and coping is easier for you. You are doing a great job and you are a strong woman. But, I hear your weariness and I understand and empathize with what you are feeling.

I hope you feel better soon. Xoxox

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Thanks, WF. Just really tired today.

Hoping the thyroid thing doesn't get too far out of hand, and will stabilize at some point.

XOXO

I just want to drop by your thread to say I'm so sorry about the awful things that person said to you. You are always so positive and strong so just let those horrible comments slide off your back? Don't let it break your stride and I have the feeling you won't. I also hope your thyroid settles down and you begin to feel better. Sending you blessings and healing and thank you for praying for ALL of us.

2001-04 Polypharmacy to include Paxil,Celexa, Risperdal, Seroquel, Depakote, Ambien, Geodon, Valium, Ativan, Haldol

03/04-11/04 Abilify

11/04-05/07 CT Abilify Non symptomatic

6/07 took Valium, began to experience altered reality and physical symptoms of withdrawal from Valium.

07/08. Abilify 2 mg, 12/08 Abilify 1 mg, 03/09 Abilify 0 mg, 03/08-06/11Altered reality but fully functional

10/12 hospitalized, Invega Depot, 2 shots discontinued, severe insomnia

6/14-10/14 flexeril, discontinued, developed insomnia; 10/14 10 mg Doxepin I week, no help with insomnia; 10/14 Remeron for two days, paradoxical reaction

Present Risperdal 1mg, clonazepam 2 mg, Restoril 15 mg. Went from .5 to 1 to 1.5 to 2mg of clonazepam in 2014. Also in 2014, tapered from 2 mg risperdal to 1.5 (fairly slowly but still too fast) and had to up dose back to 2 mg. Got liquid risperdal and started from 2 mg again.

Thank you, Adagiooo. Hope you are hanging in there!

Brain fog is really bad today... Comes and goes, but I am just not comprehending things today... Getting easily confused...

Got call from doctor's office.. TSH was "in range", so no change! Yahoo! I did have to remind the nurse three times, however the dose I was on, and that they lowered it three months ago. Hope they call the correct dosage into the pharmacy... SMH

Not on a whole lot these days but I am thinking about you.  Hope you are coping and I am glad they won't be messing with your thyroid meds again.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

PTL that your test came back in range, Luv.  At least you can stay on the same dosage and that really should make a difference in not rocking the boat.   Still praying as always for the ak and burning and for your sleep.  Always thinking about you. xoxo

• Moderator Emeritus

Just stopping on by.  And oh........I can so relate to..........the things people say sometimes.  Why on earth??  It can be frustrating.

Hoping you have a good enough day today and hugs.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Hi luv,

just stopping by to say I'm thinking of you and wish you better days ahead...xo

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Yes... Thanks, Frustrated and Selma. Called the pharmacy this morning, to make sure the correct dosage was called in. It's amazing how freaked out I get about everything now.

The early morning panic/terror has returned after being gone for months. It occurs anywhere between 1:00 and 4:00 a.m., and lasts for hours. Before, it seemed like increasing the mag. oil helped this, but I only dare increase a drop at a time, and no more than once a week or so. Still hesitant, since I have had issues with this. I also have been burning hot whenever I wake up during the night. I really have not had this exact same thing before. I'm guessing it is cortisol, but I don't even know how to describe it. It is different from the other burning I have been having, and is not exactly night sweats either. Between this and the panic, though, I have not been getting much sleep. Thought by now things would be starting to settle down some, but I seem to still be getting new and recurring symptoms.

Appreciate the prayers. I definitely need them right now.

XOXO

Thanks for stopping by, manymoretodays... Yes, so true!

Thanks, DS! Hope you are hanging in there!

OK, guys... Opinions please... Is this cortisol or what? It is not just at night. It is throughout the day as well (intermittently). I feel like I have a fever, but I do not. In fact, if anything, my body temp is low. I have had this some throughout withdrawal, but it is MUCH worse now--at almost 14 months out!

I often  feel like I have afever but I don't,my temp. is abit lower,too.

and I take thyroid meds.too...I don't think these Dr.s know what they're doing.( what else is new?)

Hmmm... Never had this before withdrawal, though... I know WD affects autonomic nervous system. This could bring my temp down. It's even lower at night. Between this and the burning and panic/terrors, no sleep for me. So exhausted!!