luv2knit

luv2knit

Hmmm... Never had this before withdrawal, though... I know WD affects autonomic nervous system. This could bring my temp down. It's even lower at night. Between this and the burning and panic/terrors, no sleep for me. So exhausted!!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Has your doctor done all the thyroid tests at some point? I don't have thyroid problems but I understand some people are not adequately assessed. Karma on this forum has done a lot of thyroid work. I think she recommends Stop the Thyroid Madness, both a book and website. There is a functional nurse practitioner here in Franklin with a great reputation. Come on up! Don't you wish it was that easy!

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Luv, 

I'm trying  L- Arginine, for sleep & temperature. It lowers body temperature, apparently.  I'm hopeful & will let you know, how I go . So far, so good !!  If you're interested , there's a thread in  "symptoms & self - care".

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Thanks, Ali. My body temperature is already quite low... I just FEEL like I have a fever. I also cannot tolerate the supplements. I will check out the thread, though.

Meimeiquest, I am on Synthroid, and I KNOW I am not being "properly assessed". Doctor going on TSH only. I cannot travel or deal with a change in meds right now. They just lowered my thyroid meds three months ago, and are now saying I am " in range". I doubt it. I think this is probably something to do with autonomic nervous system, though, because of the low body temps. Thanks for the info.

XOXO

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Meimeiquest, I might also add that I have asked my doctor (before withdrawal) about going on a natural thyroid supplement. She will not agree. I have the STTM book, but my brain just will not handle that right now. From what I have read, I am just not sure my other symptoms are consistent with thyroid. I think everything is bouncing around right now. So frustrating. The constant feeling of being hot, though, has only been going on for about a week. Interestingly enough, just today, my husband and daughter have both mentioned having the same... Maybe a bug(?). (Although I know daughter has autonomic issues as well.) I will check out Karma's thread, when I get time to do so. XOXO

So Sorry , for the pain, Luv.  I wish I could make it go away .  Keep hanging on.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

((((Luv))))

I have had the 4am cortisol alarm every single morning since I CT'd. I understand completely the awfulness you are feeling. I'm happy this went away for you for several months. That means it will go away again and will eventually be gone forever!

In the meantime, I find that I need to get up and out of bed and walk around my backyard (yes, in pitch black darkness). Lately, I've been able to rest another hour when I go back to bed, rarely, if ever, do I fall back asleep.

You are cycling symptoms, which I think is a lot better than being in the same rut, day after day. It means your brain is working to resolve issues and heal. At least I hope so.

Praying for you always and sending healing energy your way.

Love, Pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Thanks, Pug. Appreciate the prayers. I'm not even really sure what the symptoms of cortisol are. This feeling hot that I get (a separate issue from the all over burning) occurs 24/7, but is intermittent... More on than off lately, though--especially during the night.

It's been at least 2 or 3 weeks now since I've had any kind of really noticeable break from the akathisia. I was hoping perhaps I was making progress with that, but now I just don't know. It's never gone away, but in August, I was having occasional partial days--and even a whole day or two--where it was noticeably lessened. That's not the case now, though. With the addition of new symptoms, I'm finding it hard to stay positive.

XOXO

Oh Luv, I know how tough this is to push yourself through each hour of each day.  Seems to me though that you did have a bad patch awhile back that last a few weeks and then it got somewhat lighter or at least ??  You know I am praying for that and for strength to keep going til you get there.   I so wish that there was something I could do to help!  But we know that the CNS is working on the disorder even when it seems just the opposite.  Love you!

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

I pray you're right, Selma. Months 4-11, things got consistently worse. About that time, I had the little bit of a break in August. Every time a bad day (or few days) hit, I was expecting it to go back the way it was (getting consistently worse), but the most I had without a BIT of a break was about a week. I had so hoped this was a new baseline, but apparently not, sadly. I'm sure this will pass--hopefully soon. Just so discouraged right now.

Thanks so much for the prayers!

XOXO

Woke up three times during the night with absolute TERROR! (There just is no other way to describe it.) I cannot connect this with anything I have done differently, or any "trigger", so I'm guessing it is just part of the process. Praying this is more an isolated incident than a trend.

I know how awful that is to wake up in a state of horror.  I do think it is "just" the brain reorganizing itself and waaaaaaaaaay over reacting to what would normally be slight changes.  So not what we want to happen when we go to sleep at night.  My "jolts" have disappeared for now (!) and I'm sure yours will too.  We just keep going on until we can put this behind us, huh?  Always praying for you Luv.

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

Thanks, Selma. As bad as the terror was this morning, today has been maybe 10-15% better. Not great, but I'll take it! Hopefully it will continue for the remainder of the day.

So hoping your day was easier and that you will get some good rest tonight.  I usually find that if I have a super horrific time then I also get an easier one right behind it.  Praying that tomorrow will be a better one. xoxo

Thanks, Selma. Yesterday did get a little better as the day went on. Sleep was nothing to brag about, but could have been worse. Had some panic this a.m., but not the TERROR I had yesterday. Akathisia about a moderate level so far this morning. Hopefully it will either hold there, or get better throughout the day. Thanks for the prayers, as always!

Thinking of you always. I really hope that at the very least you will get some consistent sleep. I know that it will help you in so many ways. I hear your weariness and I understand and empathize. Keep fighting Luv. You are a brave soul. You truly are.

XOXO prayers

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Thanks for the kind words, WF.

In a really bad way right now. My husband was involved in a project for work at the house yesterday morning, and I had to drive our daughter around to a couple of places to get supplies she needed. I didn't get out of the car--just drove. Wasn't feeling too badly at the time, but have been paying for it ever since. All afternoon/evening akathisia ramped up sky high, and up in the night--even to the point of having to move to my rocking chair in the early morning hours. First time in months for that! Usually I can manage to lay there and rest!

Praying this settles down soon!!

sorry you're suffering so much right now,luv;praying you get relief soon.

much love and healing to you...XO

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hoping and praying that it settles luv2knit.  Sincerely.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Thanks, DS and MMT. Praying we all get a break soon!

XOXO

• 2 weeks later...

Time for an update. Earlier I mentioned having a bit of a break in August, so I will start with that. This consisted of a day or half day of less intense akathisia, followed by a day or two of more intense akathisia. This pattern alternated throughout August. The first three weeks (approximately) of September were consistently higher intensity akathisia. Beginning about the last week of September, the pattern has been every other day--that is a day or half day of less intense akathisia, followed by a day of more intense akathisia. This pattern has alternated for about a week. I'm not sure where this is going. I'll admit on the more intense days (like today), it is hard to be optimistic, but this has to be a step in the right direction.

I still have the all over burning, and the insomnia still varies between maybe 4-6 hours of sleep at night, on average (and not very sound sleep at that). I have had a few times where I have actually managed to string together between 3 and 5 hours of sleep at a time. This is the exception, rather than the rule.

All in all, I suppose this has at least allowed me to look forward to my next "better" day. At 14 months out, it's about time!

Praying for ALL of us --EVERY day!!

I'm glad you updated Luv, I've been wondering how you are doing. I seem to

be in a somewhat similar pattern as you. I'm 22 months off today. I swing

back and forth between days of high akathisia and days of no akathisia. When

it's there, it's just THERE, nothing to do but endure. But when it's gone, it's

just gone. So strange. Like you, I'm hoping this changing and swinging back and

forth is a good sign. I really think it must be. Yes, it feels like it is surely

time for things to start changing. Keeping my fingers crossed. I hope your next

update will have even more good news. I think it's progress!

2006-Cymbalta 60mg for lyme disease2009-Quit Cymbalta c/tFeb. 2010-Reinstated 60mg CymMar.2010 to May.2012 tapered Cym to 36mgMay 2012-Crossed over to 30mg CelexaMay 2012-Oct.2013 Tapered Celexa down to 2.5mgOct.2013-Switched to 30 beads CymbaltaDec.4,2013-Stopped Cymbalta at 17 beads<p>Akathisia hit at 6 wks off and continuesNow taking melatonin when needed for sleep.

Good grief Luv, it's time for you to get a break. I'm so happy though that it looks like you have reason to be optimistic. I know it's so hard to look forward with hope.

So hoping for some relief for you. Prayers and love.

XOXO

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Hi Luv

Haven't been on here much lately so am  now trying to catch up on everyone's threads.

Sounds like you have been through a rough time of it lately but things are starting to improve?

I really hope you get some respite.

Thinking of you.

Love and hugs Flowers

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

Thanks Liz, WF, and Flowers.

Really bad today :( Still (sort of) holding to the "pattern", though. Yesterday, akathisia was better after mid-morning, but fatigue was so overwhelming it was still a pretty bad afternoon. I do tend to gauge everything by the akathisia, since it is the most troubling symptom. I wish I could say my " better" days were akathisia free, but it's not quite there yet--just significantly better!

Been a year since I joined SA. (Maybe to the day!)

Love to all!

Happy Anniversary Luv,

I wish it were a better day for you!

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

June 2014 abilify 2.5 remeron wasn't working so abilify was then added

September 2014 woke up with anxiety x 100!!!!

Pdoc then took me from 45 to 7.5 within a month and took abilify from 2.5 to 0

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Vitamin d 5,000 iu taking for about 3 years

October 2014 added fish oil/omega 3 1000 mg per day

Levothyroxitine 100 10 years or so

Dec 2014 started tapering 10% every 10 days-no problems.

August 2015 down to 0.1 mg

Woke up with severe anxiety-sleep issues-racing thoughts-depression. 9/9/15 up dose 1 mg.

Oh Luv and what a year it's been!

I do not know how you cope with the akathisia day in and day out. That for me would be bad enough on it's own without all the other things too. At least you can see some improvements in this respect so that is good.

I hope that  this time next year you will be in a better place and looking back on a year that has brought you even  greater improvement and healing.

xxxxxxxxxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

Thanks, tgirl. I certainly hope so, Flowers. Not holding my breath!

Tomorrow is also our 36th wedding anniversary, and my birthday is Sunday... Ugh :( Not feeling like celebrating!

Awww Happy Anniversary to you both.

Happy Birthday too.

I hope you feel well enough to do something nice to celebrate.

xxx

Thanks, Flowers. I was hoping, but things are not looking good.

Been awake since 11:00 last night. Finally just got up and laid in recliner about 1:00. I may have dozed off and on, but no real sleep. In early morning hours, terrors hit, as they have quite often lately--and tremors returned again. I had so hoped the tremors were gone, but have had several episodes of them lately. So discouraging when these things keep returning. Burning still a moderate level as well. By my current pattern, this "should" be a "better" akathisia day, but I'm not holding my breath. Normally no sleep means more intense symptoms :( Mornings are usually worse anyway, so hopefully I can tell more a little later today.

Oh Luv.   Am praying that this is short lived and that you have a lessening today.  So so sorry you are going thru this but know that it will let up.  Love to you.

Hi,luv,

just wantedto wish you a Happy Anniversary, but sorry you're feeling so bad.how long must we suffer?!

it's unbelievable...and no-one can help.

I also get tremors at times, and burning feet...do you get the temp. dysregulation? alsobeen feeling kinda nauseous lately...ugh.

hoping the day gets better for you. xoxo

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Thanks, Selma and DS.

Yes, DS, I do get the temp. dysregulation. Most of the time I don't have the nausea any more, but once in a while, I get glimpses of it.

XOXO

So sorry Luv that you didn't sleep and then the terrors. Poor you. Hope it passes soon for you.

Flowers xxx

Thanks, Flowers. I did sleep somewhat better last night, and terrors weren't as bad this morning. Unfortunately, though, the akathisia is ramped up pretty badly :(

We're trying to get a new internet system installed today, as we were having issues with our previous system. Hate having to keep our animals shut up so they won't get out with installer running in and out of the house! Can't even go in the bedroom, or our animals will escape... Ugh... I'll be so glad when this is done! Hope it is worth it! (We live so far out in the boonies, it is hard to find something that works and is available out here!)

So the installer is FINALLY gone... Right as I was ready to run screaming into the front yard. Clearly this akathisia is ramped sky high :(