☼ Martina23: Lyrica

Martina23

One of my paintings was chosen to be exhibited in the new collection of landscape paintings on Saatchiart, here is the whole collection:

https://www.saatchiart.com/art-collection/Painting/New-Landscape-Paintings-for-2500-and-Under/685448/150486/view

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Martina23

• LoveandLight

• Pugknows

• AliG

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Martina,

Congratulations on being chosen.  Your deer painting is lovely.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Wow all im capable off is stickman drawings.

Congratulations on a great painting.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Gorgeous , Martina . You are doing so well.   :) 

Hugs,

Ali 

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Congratulations!

1995 - 2015 antidepressants and antianxiety medicine
Multiple failed attempts to quit/taper anti d/anti anxiety meds since 2008

June 17, 2016 began prozac bridge to get off of effexor xr, stopped effexor xr on June 24, 2016, could not tolerate prozac due to severe side effects so I had to stop it  Currently...300 mg ER of lithium, 1 mg of estradiol, 60 mg propranolol ER, Fish oil 2 x a day, Magnesium Glycinate,  zinc, vitamin c, vitamin d, NAC

Great painting!

Current dose: 0! Free!  Quit June 2017.

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.

Thank you very much to all of you. I was also so happy so I wanted to share it with you.

For me it was great. I was previously a bit ashamed on Saatchiart as I thought all the artists have there so many schools, surely everybody sees that I have none. And it was a great that the curator liked my painting and took it into her collection. It gave me so much motivation to continue.

And it is also great that I have got already 19 likes on the painting, so I am actually very happy.

Thank you really very much.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Beautiful!! I like it the best. Very peaceful scene. Congratulations Martina!

CD off meds in July 2015, not on any medication since. Went through WD nightmare, now dealing with normal anxiety, but decided not to leave this forum yet because I want to support and give hope to others. ♡

Thank you Servadei. You are really a sweetheart.

symptoms OCD

Wonderful Martina......and so glad that you are getting deserved recognition....

Anti Depressants for  25 years. Valium between 2006 to 7 tapered off over a month without too bad withdrawals.

For last 15 years 150 mg of Effexor and 30 mg of Mirtazapine. Occasional short term benzo use without habituation.

March 2015 stopped Effexor after rapid taper. 6 weeks. 

One month fluoxetine June 2015...stopped CT July 2015.

October 2013 to December 2015 Zopiclone 15 mg at night,

Dec 2015 to Early March 2016 Lyrica 75 mg at night. 

Stopped too quickly as  adverse side effects.

January to May 2016 tapered Zopiclone to 7.5mg 

Crossed over to Valium and now ..March 28th 2017 Benzo Free.

Also on 30 mg Mirtazapine and holding until have finished Benzo taper.

IN protracted WD from Effexor.

Thank you Bruin, you all are so sweet!

symptoms OCD

• Moderator Emeritus

Martina - I can see why your work was selected -- It's a lovely piece. Nice to look at a cool peaceful scene in this hot and humid weather too.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

I got again email from EMA (European medical agency). I will read it through weekend and let you know if there is something interesting.

On the first view it looks like that they have answer on everything. This all comes me so hard to check. If they say they made studies with respect to discontinuation symptoms and noone had any, I can know that this is not possible as I had withdrawal symptoms, but really to prove that the studies were not done properly is almost impossible.

Nevertheless, I will read through it and let you know if I find something relevant.

symptoms OCD

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for taking time to post in Terry4949's thread and support him. You're thoughtful and generous.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction

I answered today the woman from EMA. I must say I was positively surprised. She really did a great job. She provided me with all links including the dates when the leaflet was amended and precisely why it was amended. Really I was very positively surprised. I see now that these people there dont mean it badly, what I saw is that they just dont have an objective information to decide better. As they dont carry out any control trials, they have to decide on control trials made by pharma industry and they mostly believe the information which is in control trials of the pharma industry. That is the problem. And the second problem are the doctors. Even if by Lyrica there are a lot of adverse effects really known like suicidal ideation, and in the leaflet there is that the doctor should inform the patient on the side effects/adverse effects to begin of the treatment, noone of them even thinks of that they should monitor something. It is such a negligence that I feel sad.

symptoms OCD

I got again these intrusive thoughts and in some way it made me depressed. I am already waiting for so long that these disappear or at least get better, but they are again strong and in some way I am losing my hope that I will ever be healthy again. I can not imagine to stay or live like this. I try to distract and hope but some days it is hard to hope as I am hoping already for so long.

I really dont know what can I do more except for what I am doing. I am a bit dissapointed from my body that it has such difficulties to come to the normal state.

symptoms OCD

Oh Martina........am so sorry that you are going through a rough time again. I know that when we get these periods it feels like it is permanent.

I know well the feeling and at such times the only thing I can do is to get through the day ahead the best I can. Try not to dwell on past or future.

I also know the feeling that there must be something more I could do to heal when sometimes all we can do is be still and let time do the work.

We will all heal it is just a tough path and slower than we would wish for.

You are a year free of drugs which is a great achievement and looking at your thread you have had some times that are a bit better.

This shows that healing is happening ......

Sending you all warmest best wishes for freedom from the intrusive thoughts.. Connect to your art if you can. It is a great healer.

Anti Depressants for  25 years. Valium between 2006 to 7 tapered off over a month without too bad withdrawals.

For last 15 years 150 mg of Effexor and 30 mg of Mirtazapine. Occasional short term benzo use without habituation.

I attached my last painting because I find it very nice. On Monday I will visit all galleries in the city center to ask if they dont want to sell my pictures. This will be again so much refusal, I can already imagine. But it seems to me no matter what everyone is doing, if talented or not, there is a lot of refusal to count with, always when we try to start something new. And we have to be prepared not to give up and go our own way. And then, after some time, hopefully the things will function well.

I would wish also to get already the answer from EMA. Last time I was studying her papers almost the whole night. I hope we can change something for the better. These are also people, and when we argument without offending, sooner or later they will understand where is the problem. At least I hope so.

I have couple of bad days now. I think, I have a little human depression, as every progress which I make is so slow. Almost no progress. Not only in intrusive thoughts but also in looking for galleries to promote my work, or in other things too. I think I have too less time for myself, I have to take care the whole time for children and tidy up and to my things I come only on evenings, if at all and this is for me frustrating. My own life went so unimportant. But it will get better, hopefully. I have to believe on it.

post-4195-0-80045600-1472896568_thumb.jpg

symptoms OCD

• Moderator Emeritus

Martina, your painting is lovely.  I like the bright colours and can imagine finding it a wonderful thing to look at on a cold grey February  day.

scallywag's Introduction

Martina, I'm also having a bit of setback these days but everything will pass. Don't worry about intrusive thoughts, I have them too...they are annoying but definitely not dangerous. Try to relieve them with a bit of exercise if you have time, I find it helps me.

Also, I think it's a great idea to visit all the galleries. To face the world is hard in wd but don't be afraid, if someone refuses you it doesn't matter. What matters is what you have in yourself, and that is courage and will to live. You express yourself beautifully through art. I enjoy watching this painting because of its bright colors and the hope it reflect. Altough our world is grey now it will be colorful once more. Good luck on Monday!!

CD off meds in July 2015, not on any medication since. Went through WD nightmare, now dealing with normal anxiety, but decided not to leave this forum yet because I want to support and give hope to others. ♡

Thank you servadei. You have this true gift to find always the right words. No wonder that you study teology.

My intrusive thoughts are a bit worse. I am a bit afraid as my friends mean that if the symptoms will get worse and not better than it is not the lyrica which caused it. But I am sure it is the Lyrica. I find it no coincidence that my problems started three weeks after stopping it. I am so confused about this all.

I wrote all the galleries today. I got no response so far, it comes me strange. But I start to think there is something wrong in Austria with business and also with state employees. I also have the feeling that there is noone really interested in work, maybe it is also because of conditions, too much state owned, too much taxes and administrative and then maybe noone is interested in business or to accomplish something. I am not going to give up but I am a bit frustrated also because my body does not heal these intrusive thoughts.

symptoms OCD

• 2 weeks later...

I got again some illness. From yesterday I have a sore throat and I thought I would be able to survive it without a doctor, but today it was so bad I called me a doctor. They said he will come in 1-2 hours. I am already worried what I say if he wants to give me some medicine - with this hypersensitivity it is not so easy. Most probably I will say I am allergic on anti-pain med. I just want a diagnose, because it pains a lot. I hope I did not get pneumonia.

symptoms OCD

I have sore throat these days too! I drink a lot of tea, i eat honey and take vitamin C! If your throat hurt try sucking on those pastiles for throat but it would be good to take medicine if your doctor sees you need antibiotics. I was also very scared of them when I was prescribed last year but I can tell you, nothing happed. Also, I doubt it something serious as pneumonia!

Good Luck and take care!

Martina. Sorry you're not well. I agree. Tea ( lemon & ginger is good ), liquids and rest !  I wouldn't bother with antibiotics. Your body will heal on it's own.

Just take extra good care of yourself.

Hugs,

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Thank you Serva and Ali. I was today by the doctor. The whole my throat feels as if damaged by acid or burnt. He wanted to give me antibiotika, I did not take them, also not pastils as there is anestethicum inside but I took this med for gurgling. I hope this can not do anything wrong. I took it as the doctor meant if it goes further this inflammation, it can make problems with the heart.I wish I were so healthy that I dont have to take anything, but I dont have such a good time.

symptoms OCD

Maybe someone will think I am going crazy but I really think it is from vinegar, not virus or bacteria. Because before I was totally healthy, then in the evening I was cooking with vinegar and next morning I had a feeling that in my throat it is all burnt, like damaged from acid and it feels so still.

symptoms OCD

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Martina,

Vinegar is a mild acid so it is quite possible that this caused an issue.  It might be worthwhile keeping a diary of foods you eat and take note of when you have the feeling in your throat.  That way you might be able to work out which foods are causing the problem and then you could stop eating/drinking them.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

I decided today to make my own website for my paintings that it is seen in all search machines and be sure it reaches the people and there I could make also some kind of blog, because I wanted to go in future to paint in arabic countries and then I could place there also photos and the stories to the paintings. I think it would be better because in online galleries there are only paintings and it is so dry because the people dont know anything about me.

I will try to make the website by myself even I have no experience with making websites so far. But everything is once for the first time.

symptoms OCD

• Moderator Emeritus

Honey can be very soothing to the throat. I've taken it in hot water as a drink instead of tea or coffee.

scallywag's Introduction

Thank you Scallywag, throat is already better. But my intrusive thoughts are getting more. Sometimes I am dreading to look at myself, when I try to imagine something nice and there comes only horrific video full of bad images,  and I can not stop it. And then I think maybe I should not think about anything nice but then I get ashamed about me, about my personality, whom I seem to be now. I worry that this never goes away and I hate this psychiatrist who brought me such torture for nothing and I am also ashamed that I took it, I was against this from the first moment that I should not mess with my brain, but I was so stupid that I gave in when they insisted, I was also worried at that time as they said if I have pain maybe it is that I can not take care of my children and already ran around if they should not give the children to the children house and i got afraid and took it. Oh my God, this makes me so helpless.

symptoms OCD

Today it is already better. And I lost one kg, that is also a great news. Now I have precisely so many kg like before my pregnancy. As a reward, I ate already one chocolate :-). That I dont get too thin, even I think I am not in danger for it ...

Today we will go to the museum of art with the children and then for one good cake. It is already autumn. I like this nostalgical atmosphere in autumn. Everywhere fallen leaves.

When I was living alone, I remember living in such a big old house, I lived in a flat which which was under the roof and in autumn the birds were making their nests under the roof, close to the window, I liked it very much.

On Saatchiart some artists are so productive, so I decided to start today with my website. Someone borrowed me Frontpage 2003, so it will be fun. But I find it a good idea as when a part of it will be a blog then I can put there everything, photos of nice places (yesterday I saw such a nice place: an old church all in the dark under a beautiful shining moon) and also parts of my book and also about my every day life.

symptoms OCD

Martina, this is great! Yes, Autumn is indeed beautiful.

Have fun making your website! And make sure to post the link here so we can check it out. :)

I attached my last painting, I was painting autumn, early September and the trees we have in backyard. It is not so much seen as it has only 28 kb, but nevertheless I hope you will see something.

I am still working on my website, if I have it finished I will place a link.

And still having intrusive thoughts. I can not imagine that they will go away, but so far I manage to do other things so that I dont have to think about these thoughts.

I am quite thankful to my brain that it always found a way to function but I am still very angry about these negligent psychiatrists, maybe about the whole society that something like this can happen and that in the society is more prefered if you have good connections as really your talent or ability to work.

post-4195-0-72312900-1474714959.jpg

symptoms OCD

Wonderful Picture Maria......so great that you continue to make such beautiful images despite the intrusive thoughts  ...

Sending all best wishes for healing.

Bruin

Thank you Bruin. It helps a lot that someone likes the pictures.

My mother offered herself that she will take care of my two children for the next two weeks so I decided that I will travel.

I am going today on train and plan to go to Budapest (Hungary) and then to visit Czech Republic (Brno, Prague) and then I will see, maybe I will also go to Venice or to Poland, I have never been to Warsawa.

I am so terribly looking forward to the trip. I thought in Prague I could go to one musical - Fantom of the opera if they play it still.

It is so exciting. I will wash my hair, make myself pretty, and then I go.

Everyone the best for the next week.

Martina

symptoms OCD

• Moderator Emeritus

Enjoy your vacation! Will you be taking any sketching or painting materials with you?

scallywag's Introduction