Jump to content
RealMe

☼ RealMe: fighting depression/withdrawal from Abilify, Trintellix now on Prozac

Recommended Posts

RealMe
13 hours ago, wantrelief said:

What great news, RM....so happy for you! :)

Thank you, wantrelief.  How are you?  Please give me an update.

Share this post


Link to post
Ogres
19 minutes ago, RealMe said:

Oh hi, Ogres!  I've missed you.  So good to hear from you.  How are you doing?  Thank you for your positive vibes.  I will put them to good use! :)

Give me an update when you can.

Hi RealMe, just posted an update on 17 months off of AD in my thread, please feel free to have a look if interested. 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Downbutnotout
1 hour ago, RealMe said:

So sorry you are struggling with anxiety and depression.  You are not alone!  There is hope here.  Wishing you a healing day.

 

thanks. I did get out of bed and tried a old lady Zumba class very half heartedly. I went to lunch with a friend and tried to fake a conversation. I actually faked it pretty good. I think. But my spirit is not here. She said, “at least you have your health.” I thought no, I don’t. I’m sick. At least i didn’t say it aloud. That’s an improvement. LOL 

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe
2 hours ago, Downbutnotout said:

thanks. I did get out of bed and tried a old lady Zumba class very half heartedly. I went to lunch with a friend and tried to fake a conversation. I actually faked it pretty good. I think. But my spirit is not here. She said, “at least you have your health.” I thought no, I don’t. I’m sick. At least i didn’t say it aloud. That’s an improvement. LOL 

Glad you went out.  I do a lot of fake socializing.  Well, I call it fake when my heart is not in it, and my mind is elsewhere than what people are talking about; but I know it's important for me to be with other people.  The worst thing I do is isolate and ruminate about my symptoms.  One of the reasons I don't tell people what's going on with me is because I never like their reactions.  I told a few people about my tremors because I thought they were obvious at the moment.  I tried to minimize them and just said it matter of factly.  The next time we got together, one of the ladies said, "Can you pour me a glass of water?  I mean, can you do it with your tremors?"  I said to myself, "that's it.  I share on SA only."  It's not their fault; I'm just very sensitive about myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Downbutnotout
25 minutes ago, RealMe said:

Glad you went out.  I do a lot of fake socializing.  Well, I call it fake when my heart is not in it, and my mind is elsewhere than what people are talking about; but I know it's important for me to be with other people.  The worst thing I do is isolate and ruminate about my symptoms.  One of the reasons I don't tell people what's going on with me is because I never like their reactions.  I told a few people about my tremors because I thought they were obvious at the moment.  I tried to minimize them and just said it matter of factly.  The next time we got together, one of the ladies said, "Can you pour me a glass of water?  I mean, can you do it with your tremors?"  I said to myself, "that's it.  I share on SA only."  It's not their fault; I'm just very sensitive about myself.

With friends like that, who needs enemies? I hope you cut her out of your life. That was a very hurtful thing to say to you! It is her fault. Are you still having a window? 

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe
2 minutes ago, Downbutnotout said:

With friends like that, who needs enemies. I hope you cut her out of your life. That was a very hurtful thing to say to you! It is her fault. Are you still having a window? 

I think I am.  I did go back to sleep too long this morning, but I watched my granddaughters this afternoon and made a pot roast.  I wanted to take a walk but it was way too cold.  I'm having symptoms but much improved compared to even a few days ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Downbutnotout
17 minutes ago, RealMe said:

I think I am.  I did go back to sleep too long this morning, but I watched my granddaughters this afternoon and made a pot roast.  I wanted to take a walk but it was way too cold.  I'm having symptoms but much improved compared to even a few days ago.

So your physical symptoms subside? That’s a window.? And when they ramp up, that’s a wave? So, do you expect those things to go away? That must be so disturbing. I don’t  totally fit into this site because my problems are depression, anxiety, and lack of happy emotions. I also am reliving the bad experience that started the depression constantly. The anxiety does fluctuate, but it’s usually there. I do now have an eye twitch but that’s caused by trazadone. I’m so worried that I’m never going to get over this. Mine have more of an emotional component. So, don’’t you feel better now? It sounds like you are well on your way to recovery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Littlegrandma
4 hours ago, RealMe said:

Thank you, Lg.  How are you doing today?  I think I am resting on my laurels today.  I slept all morning again, but I'm not going to beat myself up about that.  Recovery is not linear, right?  I'm going to try to take a walk in the sun today.

Hi RM

how I wish I could sleep the morning away. Still up at 3-4 am with the cortisol rush. After this last taper, I find myself so fatigued in the afternoon. Better than trembling anxiety but not comfortable at all. My 5 year old granddaughter had me playing beach party/ sleep over today. She set up my sleep spot on the couch. I closed my eyes. Could have fallen asleep but her roosters were cockadoodledoing in 60 seconds and it was time to play with the beach ball. Lol

 

i hope you had a nice walk in the sun. I can’t wait til spring!!   Lg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Downbutnotout
3 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Hi RM

how I wish I could sleep the morning away. Still up at 3-4 am with the cortisol rush. After this last taper, I find myself so fatigued in the afternoon. Better than trembling anxiety but not comfortable at all. My 5 year old granddaughter had me playing beach party/ sleep over today. She set up my sleep spot on the couch. I closed my eyes. Could have fallen asleep but her roosters were cockadoodledoing in 60 seconds and it was time to play with the beach ball. Lol

 

i hope you had a nice walk in the sun. I can’t wait til spring!!   Lg

 

 

Where are you? Beach ball? Sun? Oh, it was pretend. 

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe
3 minutes ago, Downbutnotout said:

So your physical symptoms subside? That’s a window.? And when they ramp up, that’s a wave? So, do you expect those things to go away? That must be so disturbing. I don’t fit into this site because my problems are depression, anxiety, and lack of happy emotions. I also am reliving the bad experience that started the depression constantly. The anxiety does fluctuate, but it’s usually there. I do now have an eye twitch but that’s caused by trazadone. I’m so worried that I’m never going to get over this. 

I think all you have to do to fit into this site is to question whether or not you have been or currently are being negatively affected by ADs.  I think we are going to get over this because so many others have done so and are sharing their best efforts here.  Wishing you peace, rest and healing.

Share this post


Link to post
Downbutnotout
1 minute ago, RealMe said:

I think all you have to do to fit into this site is to question whether or not you have been or currently are being negatively affected by ADs.  I think we are going to get over this because so many others have done so and are sharing their best efforts here.  Wishing you peace, rest and healing.

Thanks. Yes, that’s the prevailing thing that keeps the site going. I guess everyone had some type of emotional problem, or they wouldn’t have gotten on the drugs in the first place. I am very sorry I ever took that first pill. I should’ve learned to deal with my problems instead. I wish you the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Littlegrandma
44 minutes ago, Downbutnotout said:

Where are you? Beach ball? Sun? Oh, it was pretend. 

I wish it was a real beach, D. Unfortunately it was in my living room. If I felt good, I’d be on a plane to Florida in a New York second.  This girl wants to go to Disney world so bad  It was never one of my favorite places, but if I felt good, I’m sure I’d love  it now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Downbutnotout
1 hour ago, RealMe said:

I think all you have to do to fit into this site is to question whether or not you have been or currently are being negatively affected by ADs.  I think we are going to get over this because so many others have done so and are sharing their best efforts here.  Wishing you peace, rest and healing.

Well,my psychiatrist got back to me.You don’t go to a grocery store to buy clothes. And my dtr is pressuring me to go back on effexor. I told her I was just going to get off this stuff, and live with whatever condition I have. She wants her mommy back. I want so much to be back. I’d give my right arm.. Where is my heart? Where is my soul? 

Share this post


Link to post
Downbutnotout
2 hours ago, Downbutnotout said:

Where are you? Beach ball? Sun? Oh, it was pretend. 

I get that cortical rush too. It’s awful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Kristine
1 hour ago, Downbutnotout said:

You don’t go to a grocery store to buy clothes

True, but you don't go to a clothes store where nothing fits and you have an allergic to the material used 😉 Hiya D xo

Share this post


Link to post
Downbutnotout
2 minutes ago, Kristine said:

True, but you don't go to a clothes store where nothing fits and you have an allergic to the material used 😉 Hiya D xo

Tell me how bad seroquel is again. Tell me how bad these drugs are again. You must be doing better. You’re posting all over the place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Kristine

....D I'll drop by your thread. K 

Share this post


Link to post
Rosetta

Hi RealMe, Stopping by to say hi.  Hope you are still feeling better. - Rosetta

Share this post


Link to post
nz11

Hi Realme,

Just stopping by your thread also to invite you to consider making a submission.

Details are in my drug sig.

btw leader board is looking very fishy at the moment.

thanks

nz11

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe
6 hours ago, Rosetta said:

Hi RealMe, Stopping by to say hi.  Hope you are still feeling better. - Rosetta

Hi Rosetta,

Thank you for stopping by, dear new friend.  I hope you are doing well.  Unfortunately, I'm in a wave today; but my recent window tells me this wave is temporary.  My tinnitus is screeching. I'm depressed, anxious, tremoring to beat the band, crying, no energy.  Escape is calling to me, but there is no escape.

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe
28 minutes ago, nz11 said:

btw leader board is looking very fishy at the moment.

What does this mean, nz11?

Share this post


Link to post
nz11

lol

My avatar is a fish. SA appears to have been hit by a school of them!

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe
On 11/13/2017 at 7:46 PM, Siamese said:

Tinnitus hit me real bad in withdrawal, still is, but it's getting very, very, little less now

How are you doing now?  How long did it take for your tinnitus to lessen in intensity?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Downbutnotout
19 minutes ago, RealMe said:

Hi Rosetta,

Thank you for stopping by, dear new friend.  I hope you are doing well.  Unfortunately, I'm in a wave today; but my recent window tells me this wave is temporary.  My tinnitus is screeching. I'm depressed, anxious, tremoring to beat the band, crying, no energy.  Escape is calling to me, but there is no escape.

Sorry real me. It is not fair. At least you know it will cease eventually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Rosetta

Oh my.  I'm so sorry.  I wish I could fix it.  -- Rosetta

Share this post


Link to post
wantrelief
1 hour ago, RealMe said:

Hi Rosetta,

Thank you for stopping by, dear new friend.  I hope you are doing well.  Unfortunately, I'm in a wave today; but my recent window tells me this wave is temporary.  My tinnitus is screeching. I'm depressed, anxious, tremoring to beat the band, crying, no energy.  Escape is calling to me, but there is no escape.

So sorry to hear about your wave....it is great though that you now know that this is temporary and a window will appear again.

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe
28 minutes ago, wantrelief said:

So sorry to hear about your wave....it is great though that you now know that this is temporary and a window will appear again.

Thank you, dear wantrelief!  I can only hope.  It's a very hard day, and I am so sorry for complaining.

Share this post


Link to post
wantrelief
On 2/2/2018 at 5:04 PM, Kristine said:

 This forum isn't called "everything is peachy" 😉 

Aw, RM....please don't apologize for complaining.  I was doing the same yesterday by apologizing for being a downer and Kristine set me straight.  This forum is here so that we can get out our real feelings about what is going on.  I am so sorry it was such a hard day....you did it though, you got through it and hopefully another window will arrive soon.  

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe

I see my gp on Tuesday, but I'm phobic about getting the flu in the office.  If I didn't need my prescription, I definitely would not go there.

 

I wish I could just get my fluoxetine prescription without seeing the doctor.  I read the suggestions on talking to your doctor, but I'm very nervous about what to say.  I have so many physical (never mind emotional) symptoms.  I don't want to have to explain what happened with the psychiatrist.  I just want to get my prescription and get out.  I am going to try not to dwell on it until Tuesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Rosetta

Does the dr know you ar tapering?

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe
3 hours ago, Rosetta said:

Does the dr know you ar tapering?

No, he doesn't.  He's the one who sent me to the psychiatrist when I reached 80mg.  At the time, my brother had just died; I had unsuccessfully undertaken a difficult academic challenge; I reactively retired from teaching; hurricane Sandy wrecked my sister's house; and I broke my ankle!  When I look back on that time, I think it would have been abnormal not to be depressed.  (This is where I usually call myself too stupid to live.)  Now I have tardive dystonia, tremors, eye tics, and tinnitus to name a few.  Whew! Now that I vented, I feel calmer.

I made a mistake about the appointment.  It's on Wednesday, not tomorrow!

Share this post


Link to post
Rosetta

My mother has been on fluoxitine for about 1.5 to 2 years.  Can you believe it?! The doctor doubled her dose to 20 mg about 3-4 months ago.  Can you believe that?!  It's unconscionable.

 

You are right -- those were normal emotions in response to some pretty awful events.  It's hard to imagine that Sandy happened that long ago.  

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe

T

1 hour ago, Rosetta said:

My mother has been on fluoxitine for about 1.5 to 2 years.  Can you believe it?! The doctor doubled her dose to 20 mg about 3-4 months ago.  Can you believe that?!  It's unconscionable.

 

You are right -- those were normal emotions in response to some pretty awful events.  It's hard to imagine that Sandy happened that long ago.  

the psychiatrist then gave me abilify and trintellix.  The withdrawal was so awful.  I'm still going through it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe
On 2/3/2018 at 8:02 PM, nz11 said:

Hi Realme,

Just stopping by your thread also to invite you to consider making a submission.

Details are in my drug sig.

btw leader board is looking very fishy at the moment.

thanks

nz11

I couldn't figure out how to do it.  Sorry.

 

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe
On 12/12/2017 at 12:47 AM, AliG said:

Hi RM , another alternative is ~ If you are not feeling comfortable with your current psychiatrist, a general practitioner can prescribe your medication if you can find one that is sympathetic to your needs. If you have a read through these links : there's some pointers on how to talk to your doctor to help get them on side. It's true, that all you really need from them is the script and hopefully their understanding of your end goal.

 

What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?

 

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

 

As to the question of holding or tapering: If I were you, I might hold and give your nervous system some time to re-calibrate and achieve some much needed stability, especially as you're just starting to feel somewhat better. You have been through many drug changes and by holding, you are enabling your CNS to settle and give it a chance to catch up and recover from those changes.

 

It's encouraging that you have had some positive improvements ~ I hope it keeps up for a while and gives you some breathing space. Let us know how you go with your script. :)

Tomorrow I see my gp to ask for liquid prozac so I can slowly taper.  What I'm going to say is that I want to find out the lowest dose that will help me.  I will tell him I'm on 10mg. and want to see if I can go lower and still do ok.  I'm afraid of what to say when he asks me how I am.  I am afraid I will start weeping like I often do at home.  (I didn't cry for over 20 years on prozac!)  I don't want to tell him how I feel because my symptoms have always caused doctors to offer me psychiatric meds.  I will do my best not to look and act pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Downbutnotout
2 hours ago, RealMe said:

Tomorrow I see my gp to ask for liquid prozac so I can slowly taper.  What I'm going to say is that I want to find out the lowest dose that will help me.  I will tell him I'm on 10mg. and want to see if I can go lower and still do ok.  I'm afraid of what to say when he asks me how I am.  I am afraid I will start weeping like I often do at home.  (I didn't cry for over 20 years on prozac!)  I don't want to tell him how I feel because my symptoms have always caused doctors to offer me psychiatric meds.  I will do my best not to look and act pathetic.

You are a tough woman. Hope you get your liquid Prozac. I admire you a lot. Trying to draw strength from you. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy