RealMe

RealMe: Fighting depression/withdrawal from Abilify, Trintellix now on Prozac

RealMe
On 9/5/2018 at 10:00 PM, Rosetta said:

I glad that you have seen progress.  Oh, yes, alone time is very, very important.  Quiet, peace, and alone time!!

Hi Rosetta,

Well, I don't have the quiet I used to take for granted due to tinnitus, but I am learning to habituate and put it more into the background.  It will take time, and my reaction to it has improved.  But even though I always have to be in some sort of sound to distract, I have been able to enjoy some peaceful times.  Hope you are doing well!

xo,

RM

Ogres
On 9/16/2018 at 4:44 PM, RealMe said:

Hi Ogres,

I'm sorry you are going through this.  What can we do to help you cope with this pattern?  I know you like being strong, and I am pulling for you!  Hope your gf is healthy and helpful!

xo RM

Hi RealMe, 

Thanks for your words of support. I'm back to my usual routine of work, exercise, healthy food and no alcohol. Plus my gf is with me at the moment. She does not know that I was/am in WD and I try to hide inner feelings and health issues as best as I can. Only say that I have occasional insomnia. 

Best wishes to you my friend 

RealMe
19 minutes ago, Ogres said:

no alcohol

Hi Ogres,

This WD has its own set of parameters.  How are you doing it?  If you want to talk about it, let me know.  I have been there for sure.

23 minutes ago, Ogres said:

I try to hide inner feelings and health issues as best as I can.

This was and still is a big one for me.  I guess I spread it around a little.  I tell certain people certain things; others I tell certain other things. ;) I guess I compartmentalize, but I do get it out somehow.  Because I can't afford to slip back into that godawful depression, I'm up for anything that helps me.

xo,

RM

RealMe

Hi Fellow Survivors,

I'm finding it a bit more difficult to deal with some of my symptoms the past two weeks.  It seems to be related to a lack of sunshine and not being on vacation anymore.  I can't pinpoint anything I'm doing differently except that I have responsibilities with my grandchildren; my husband had surgery; and my sister had a serious injury.  I feel like I'm thinking more than acting.  My symptoms are fewer, but they bother me more than they did a few weeks ago.  I've been less able to put my troubling thoughts and symptoms on the shelf.  Nevertheless, I'm glad to be tapered down to .35mL of fluoxetine; and the difference between my mental and physical condition now and a year ago is incredible.  Despite my complaints I am better than I ever was on medication.  One of my most difficult challenges was morning despondency and anhedonia.  I tried and tried but could not get out of bed in the morning most days; and if I managed to do so, I went back to bed.  I spent 12 or more hours per day in bed!  And the rest on the sofa!  I have been able to get up, count my blessings, make my bed, get dressed and start my day every day for weeks.  Like I said, I'm finding my feelings a bit more difficult to deal with, but I'm safely withdrawing from psychotropic drugs thanks to this forum.

xo RM

wantrelief

I think it sounds normal to have some challenges with feelings given the stressful events that have been going on in your life.  I hope both your husband and sister are ok.  It is amazing how much better you are doing than last year, RM!

RealMe
On 9/25/2018 at 10:42 PM, wantrelief said:

I think it sounds normal to have some challenges with feelings given the stressful events that have been going on in your life.  I hope both your husband and sister are ok.  It is amazing how much better you are doing than last year, RM!

Hi wantrelief,

Thank you for your kind words. I feel like I complain too much.  But this morning our dog died, and it was a h___ of a day. I am lucky not to be zonked out on meds like last year.

xo RM

Hibari

Hi RealMe.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog.  Our dog died 2 months ago and it's been so hard.  My husband also had surgery a month after so I understand the stress you have been under.

There is no way around these events but I just wanted to offer my condolences.

Hibari

wantrelief

Oh no - I am so sorry about your dog, RM. I am thinking about you and here for any support you need.

RealMe
3 minutes ago, Hibari said:

There is no way around these events but I just wanted to offer my condolences.

Thank you, Hibari.  I am sorry about your dog too.  Hope your husband is doing well.  I see that you stopped Remeron more than a year ago!  Good for you.  I'm hoping to be free of fluoxetine soon!

RealMe
2 minutes ago, wantrelief said:

Oh no - I am so sorry about your dog, RM. I am thinking about you and here for any support you need.

Thank you, Wantrelief.  I hope this stress comes to an end soon. But then, life is full of stress.  I need to just keep on learning how to live without chemicals.

Frogie

Hi RealMe:

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog.

I lost my therapy dog 5 months ago on October 9th. She was 16 years old.

It's still hard not having her with me. Life is not the same.

Again, I'm so sorry...

Take care,

Frogie xx

RealMe
17 hours ago, Frogie said:

I lost my therapy dog 5 months ago on October 9th. She was 16 years old.

Thanks for your note, Frogie.  I'm so sorry about your therapy dog as well.  Both of our dogs were 16 years old!  That's a long time in dog years to be blessed with such loving companions.  They just don't live long enough, but that's why we have to appreciate our loved ones each day we have them.  Today is sunny and a little bit crisp, and I took a walk to a yard sale in the neighborhood--nothing good to buy, but I met a neighbor I never knew and got some energy.  My tinnitus has let up a little, and that never fails to lift my spirits.  Hope you are well, dear Frogie.  I see you were troubled with your TSH level, and I wonder what that is.  Hope it is better now.  Glad you have a doctor that is cautious about unnecessary medications.

xo RM

Frogie
11 minutes ago, RealMe said:

Thanks for your note, Frogie.  I'm so sorry about your therapy dog as well.  Both of our dogs were 16 years old!  That's a long time in dog years to be blessed with such loving companions.  They just don't live long enough, but that's why we have to appreciate our loved ones each day we have them.  Today is sunny and a little bit crisp, and I took a walk to a yard sale in the neighborhood--nothing good to buy, but I met a neighbor I never knew and got some energy.  My tinnitus has let up a little, and that never fails to lift my spirits.  Hope you are well, dear Frogie.  I see you were troubled with your TSH level, and I wonder what that is.  Hope it is better now.  Glad you have a doctor that is cautious about unnecessary medications.

xo RM

We have to give thanks for everyday we have. I live in a very small town. I've been here 5 years. Very clickish. And they let you know if you aren't from here they are not going to be friends. And they aren't. I'm very lonely, but my fiancé is fixing up our place and our rental house so we can move home. I'll be so glad to be by my granddaughter and my fiances mom again. What kind of dog did you have? Mine was a chihuahua. I'm so lost and lonely without her. It drizzled here this morning but has stopped. The sun never came out. TSH has to do with the thyroid. It's high but in normal limits so the dr is just watching it. I'm glad your spirits are good. Just wanted to let you know how sorry I was for the loss of your dog.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Carmie

Hi RealMe, 

I just read about your dog. I’m sooo sorry. 

Sending you the biggest hug ever🤗🤗🤗

RealMe
On 9/30/2018 at 6:35 PM, Carmie said:

Hi RealMe, 

I just read about your dog. I’m sooo sorry. 

Sending you the biggest hug ever🤗🤗🤗

Thank you for the hug, dear Carmie!  I marvel at how you have tapered.  Very inspiring.  We are going to make it.

xo RM

Carmie
8 hours ago, RealMe said:

Thank you for the hug, dear Carmie!  I marvel at how you have tapered.  Very inspiring.  We are going to make it.

xo RM

Yes, we will make it RealMe, 

If I do the brassmonkey slide it will take me about ten years to get off 7.5mg but I’ll try n tweak it here n there too. See how I go. My main thing is to try n keep the akathisia at a distance as it makes me want to die.

Wishing you all the best with your continued tapering 💚