☼ NaturalBorn: Effexor cold turkey 300 mg

NaturalBorn

I agree with you and Fuerza. I like to go and post on other peoples threads and try to help or encourage or just talk with them because it helps me feel better too. It's really amazing when you connect with people on here who are going through what you are going through, you know that they get it. 

On bad days the best I find is like you guys, distract, distract, distract. Otherwise your mind tries to tell you lies about never healing. We will heal though. We know that because of the success stories. Some of them are pretty amazing.

Anyway, NB, I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you. I hope you were able to get out of bed today. As you know yesterday was bad for me, I never got out of my pj's. My husband has been taking care of me because I can't. It's good we have our families. 

Oh yeah, cry all you want. It's good for getting the cortisol reduced in your body so it's actually really good for you.

We can do this, we are strong.

{{{Hug}}}

Buspirone to 45mg, Cold Turkey St. John's Wort 600mg Jan 1, 2016. Cold Turkey Buproprion 150SR June 1 due to severe Akathisia that did not decrease with reducing the dosage.

Clonazepam 1.25mg, started daily liquid micro taper of clonazepam on Nov 1, 2016. Changed to sxs based taper 01/17. Slow and steady

11/10/16 .4104 3X day; 11/17/16 .4091 3x day; 11/28/16 .406 3x day; 12/4/16 .404 3x day; 12/11/16 .4028 3x

01/12/17 .39267 3x day holding; 02/25/17 .3902 3x day, holding. .3823mg 3x day. Tapering at .0007462mg as able;  09/21/18 .3542mg 3x day.  1/3/2019 .339mg 3x day. 6/25/19 .3307mg 3x day. 8/24/19 .317mg 3x day 2/13/20 .2886mg 3x day 3/18/21 .2388mg 3x day 06/17/21 .2239mg 3x day 09/13/22 .1682 3x day

L-theanine 200 mg, L-glycine 500mg 1x day and 1000mg 1x day, vit C 1000 mg sustained release 2x day. Fish oil 1800mg EPA + DHA. Vit E 400 IU, magnesium in various forms. Inositol 3x a day abt 14mg, Taurine 500mg.

5/20/16 Using Cranial Eletrotherapy Stimulation. 2x day 1 hour at level 1. Using Alph-Stim AID. 

I agree with you and Fuerza. I like to go and post on other peoples threads and try to help or encourage or just talk with them because it helps me feel better too. It's really amazing when you connect with people on here who are going through what you are going through, you know that they get it. 

On bad days the best I find is like you guys, distract, distract, distract. Otherwise your mind tries to tell you lies about never healing. We will heal though. We know that because of the success stories. Some of them are pretty amazing.

Anyway, NB, I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you. I hope you were able to get out of bed today. As you know yesterday was bad for me, I never got out of my pj's. My husband has been taking care of me because I can't. It's good we have our families. 

Oh yeah, cry all you want. It's good for getting the cortisol reduced in your body so it's actually really good for you.

We can do this, we are strong.

{{{Hug}}}

thanks a lot tntd, yes today i basically forced myself to go out, get a haircut, and not lay in bed all day, instead i've been trying to distract myself a little with some netflix. i'm really thinking about you as well, i even pictured you and your dog in my head. today i was reminding myself of these 2 channels on youtube about people trying to taper off benzos, both about klonopin, they were posting long videos talking about their expiriences, and that was awesome to me... this one was a 26 years old girl who was trying to taper off after being on it for 8 years, unfortunally they both deleted all of them videos while i was on rehab, so i can't relly on that anymore. but anyway, i can see how i'm little bit more stabilazed now, i'm sleeping alright, eating alright, the rest is still going on, but i think it's worth to try getting of seroquel for now, and i can say that after this i'm done with antipsychotics for good.

dammit i wish that i could just sleep normal, even having all this going on, because when i get like 24 hours with no sleep at all, that's when i know i'm at a really bad wave... i'm gonna try my best to stay away from sleeping medication, i definatively don't wanna get hooked on another pill. i'm hoping that i can sleep everynight even without taking something everynight, have no idea how i'm gonna be doing this... supplements don't help me at all. and i don't know how much time can my body handle being sleep deprivated

never heard about someone getting so much trouble sleeping after effexor, i mean this is not even a medication that is suppose to mess with your sleep, but god knows what i have done to my body...i just feel tortured when i'm fighting sleep all night long and can get a second of sleep... anyway, not much going on in here, just the usual haha

wish you the best on your road to recovery, you will get there, someday all of us will. hope you can get out of that bad wave of your soon.

(i'm brazlian so please, ignore spelling mistakes) 2015 the beggining of the year started with effexor xr 37,5

went up to 300mgs

in october of 2015 quitted COLD TURKEY/took olanzapine 5mgs for 2 weeks around november/ reinstated effexor in january of 2016

in march of 2016 was at 300mg again

in may tappered effexor xr and added trazodone 150mgs, seroquel 50mgs and abilify 10 mgs/in july cold turkey from abilify (no big deal)

in september tried reducing trazadone to 50mg

after 2 weeks went back to 150mgs of trazadone and 50 mgs of seroquel and added 2 mgs of klonopin to use WHEN NEEDEED

currently taking 150mgs of trazadone and 50 mgs of seroquel at night

i used to have these periods of 5 days straight without any sleep and any sort of tiredness after quitting effexor, now that i'm taking trazadone and seroquel it seems under control, but i tried reducing the trazadone from 150 to 50, under my doctor's suggestion, and got without sleep for days again. i already tried all kind of phytotherapyc medicine and that didn't helped, plus i get worried that it can cause new symptoms.

my question to you guys is, after the seroquel and the trazadone taper, i know i'm gonna need something to sleep. i was considering taking ambien, but can i use trazadone or seroquel occasionally AFTER the taper? i know that thiswould mess my taper up, but i don't know... taking ambien everynight is out of question, and spending night awake is out of question as well, because i need to drive to work and basically i don't think it would be safe doing withou sleeping

Edited by Skeeter
moved from Sleep topic

(i'm brazlian so please, ignore spelling mistakes) 2015 the beggining of the year started with effexor xr 37,5

went up to 300mgs

in october of 2015 quitted COLD TURKEY/took olanzapine 5mgs for 2 weeks around november/ reinstated effexor in january of 2016

in may tappered effexor xr and added trazodone 150mgs, seroquel 50mgs and abilify 10 mgs/in july cold turkey from abilify (no big deal)

after 2 weeks went back to 150mgs of trazadone and 50 mgs of seroquel and added 2 mgs of klonopin to use WHEN NEEDEED

man today was a hard day, cognition decline is sucking the hope out of me. today i lost my cellphone somewhere, wich is really annoying.... also driving to town to take some papers from work, i got lost again.... spent 1 hour trying to find a street that i knew, so i could get back to my house.... this is getting ridiculous. is it normal to feel more symptoms in the post withdrawal, then in the actual accute phase? trying to type things in english is becoming harder and harder, can the seroquel and trazadone be contributing to this?

also one more question, should the cognitive issues show improvement during the taper of seroquel wich i'm starting on friday?

went up to 300mgs

also how can i do a "micro" taper from seroquel? i'm sure that the doc will just prescribe me 25 mgs and tell me to handle it, my last doctor cutted me from 150 mgs of trazadone to 50, and that was hellish. i see that everybody is reducing kind of like 1 mgs at the time, but how can i do this? i don't think that are liquid seroquel and trazadone... i want to get this done with, i feel like i have not improved anything at all in one year

went up to 300mgs

should i just cut a piece of the pill with a scissor?

went up to 300mgs

• Moderator Emeritus

It might be worth the time to re-read the Tips for tapering off Seroquel (quetiapine) topic.

People either use a scale or make liquid to be accurate and precise with dosing:
Using a digital scale to measure doses
Making a liquid from a tablet or capsules

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

It might be worth the time to re-read the Tips for tapering off Seroquel (quetiapine) topic.

People either use a scale or make liquid to be accurate and precise with dosing:

Using a digital scale to measure doses

Making a liquid from a tablet or capsules

ok i'll try asking for a liquid form, if there is one avaible. do you think it's worth taking one of them in the morning? (trazadone or seroquel), since i could use some anxiety relief during the day

went up to 300mgs

• Moderator Emeritus

It's likely that your medications are NOT available in a liquid formulation that your doctor can prescribe. The link is about making liquid doses yourself from tablets or capsules of medication.

We suggest that you keep your dose the same when switching to a liquid. Some people have found it helpful to switch to liquid in steps, taking part of the dose as liquid and part as the tablet/capsule, then gradually increasing what they take as liquid.

What are you doing to cope with your anxiety? Which non-drug techniques do you use?

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction

It's likely that your medications are NOT available in a liquid formulation that your doctor can prescribe. The link is about making liquid doses yourself from tablets or capsules of medication.

We suggest that you keep your dose the same when switching to a liquid. Some people have found it helpful to switch to liquid in steps, taking part of the dose as liquid and part as the tablet/capsule, then gradually increasing what they take as liquid.

What are you doing to cope with your anxiety? Which non-drug techniques do you use?

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

thanks, but how should i make it liquid? about non drug techniques to cope with anxiety, i try some breathing techniques sometimes, but that doesn't seem to help much, i also take a phytotherapic medication that is supposed to calm you down, also physical rehab calms me down a little bit but i have to restart that again

went up to 300mgs

• Moderator Emeritus

NaturalBorn, the writing in blue is a link. If you click on it, a new page will open in your browser that has a discussion topic about making a liquid from tablets or capsules of medication.

Click on this link → Making a liquid from a tablet or capsules

scallywag's Introduction

NaturalBorn, the writing in blue is a link. If you click on it, a new page will open in your browser that has a discussion topic about making a liquid from tablets or capsules of medication.

thanks!

went up to 300mgs

but do you think it's worth taking either trazadone or seroquel during the morning? just to help me get through the day? i noticed that after i take my pills, during night, i feel better... might have something to do with cortisol, but i doubt it.

went up to 300mgs

just bought the digital scale, gonna take 49mgs of seroquel today and see what happends

went up to 300mgs

ok this digital scale is pretty much useless so i just spend R$60,00 for nothing hahaha, it shows a different weight everytime i put the pill on it, guess i gonna have to gow for the 25 mgs, and use some ambien when things get to hard

went up to 300mgs

NB.  Try reading through this :

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1596-using-a-digital-scale-to-measure-doses/

1) Let the scale stabilize on a hard, flat and level surface.
2) Make sure the sample tray is properly seated inside the circular indent of the scale's metal measuring platform. Take care that the sample tray (as provided) does not touch the body of the scale, grossly throwing off the measurement.
3) Tap the table that the scale is on to help everything settle.
4) Calibrate as described in the manual.
5) Place and remove materials to be weighed consistently and carefully - don't drop them. Even the slightest impact can throw off the measurement.
6) Wait for ten seconds or so for the sample to settle.
7) For minuscule samples, use the ten gram weight in addition to the sample to put the scale in the middle of its operating range. With a little care, one will get closer to the performance of a lab-grade milligram scale than anything else for this price.

Hope this helps. :)

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

NB.  Try reading through this :

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1596-using-a-digital-scale-to-measure-doses/

1) Let the scale stabilize on a hard, flat and level surface.

2) Make sure the sample tray is properly seated inside the circular indent of the scale's metal measuring platform. Take care that the sample tray (as provided) does not touch the body of the scale, grossly throwing off the measurement.

3) Tap the table that the scale is on to help everything settle.

4) Calibrate as described in the manual.

5) Place and remove materials to be weighed consistently and carefully - don't drop them. Even the slightest impact can throw off the measurement.

6) Wait for ten seconds or so for the sample to settle.

7) For minuscule samples, use the ten gram weight in addition to the sample to put the scale in the middle of its operating range. With a little care, one will get closer to the performance of a lab-grade milligram scale than anything else for this price.

Hope this helps. :)

Ali

thanks a lot, i'm gonna try it again tomorrow

went up to 300mgs

hello people, need some advide or just some chat in here

i decided that i'm gonna wait a little bit more to get off seroquel, because i'm not stabilazed at all, yesterday i went out with some friends no alcohol, no nothing, and i just had the worst pannick attack ever, i was going to the bathroom every 5 minutes and basically not talking to anybody, i had to make up some excuse and leave because i thought that i was gonna pass out, i know that i wasn't but you guys know how pannick attacks can be.

i'm getting sick of this man, i was feeling A LOT better when i came out of rehab, but since that i tried going from 150 mgs of trazadone to 50 mgs, i just feel like i'm back at full blown accute withdrawal again all the time, and it has beel a while since i reinstated it.  the only difference i felt after reinstating trazadone is that i can eat and sleep again

but i still feel like i'm at a pretty bad wave, what can be causing that? i'm paying attention to what i'm eating, no soda, no coffe, almost no suggar... i'm afraid i have done damage beyond recover with all this. racing thoughts are killing me all day, but i get some relief after the meds around bed time. although i take them and keep myself awake for some hours just to feelsome relief. suicidal thoughts are in my head almost every second of the day, for the first time i'm afraid i'm gonna actually do it. i missed three days of work this week.

i'm not really emotional at this point, i can't cry no matter what, but fear, felling os useless, despair and terror are through the roof.

i REALLY can't control my thoughts anymore, it's just impossible, i wonder if this has to do with neuro emotions... literally EVERY SECOND of the day i'm thinking about how i failed in life, how my life is never gonna be the same, how i'm not gonna be able to enjoy anything else in my life, how i felt into a trap made from drug companies, is just like living in a nightmare.

went up to 300mgs

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry to read that things have become worse for you. It would be nice if everyone saw small improvements from one day to the next. Unfortunately it seems that recovery has many ups and downs, some bigger than others. :(

Often waves appear for no apparent reason. If you can't identify anything as a cause after spending 10 minutes of thinking about it, I hope you can say to yourself that the wave is just another part of recovering and that you will feel better (have a window) before long.

Accepting where we are in life while continuing to create what we want and hearing our self-judgements but not letting them run our lives is the work of being an adult. So some of what you write about is normal human struggle and some may be neuro-emotion.  It can help if you see your thoughts as thoughts and not the truth. 

scallywag's Introduction

I'm sorry to read that things have become worse for you. It would be nice if everyone saw small improvements from one day to the next. Unfortunately it seems that recovery has many ups and downs, some bigger than others. :(

Often waves appear for no apparent reason. If you can't identify anything as a cause after spending 10 minutes of thinking about it, I hope you can say to yourself that the wave is just another part of recovering and that you will feel better (have a window) before long.

Accepting where we are in life while continuing to create what we want and hearing our self-judgements but not letting them run our lives is the work of being an adult. So some of what you write about is normal human struggle and some may be neuro-emotion.  It can help if you see your thoughts as thoughts and not the truth. 

thanks scallywag. i'm just hoping that i can get  over this without any residual symptoms, i don't know if that's possible, after all i did the ultimate mistake, that was letting them put me on a drug cocktail to handle withdrawal.... i don't know if i will ever be the same again, there is so much few success stories around here, and most of them people say that they still have symptoms after being healed...

went up to 300mgs

what if my body just got into a wrong homeostasis? that should be permanent right?

went up to 300mgs

NB. It sounds like you are suffering from neuro - emotions which is common in withdrawal. Sometimes, deep breathing helps as you wait for the storms of emotion to pass.

This discussion thread might help to calm you a little as you realize that many others have experienced this. It's not easy going through this but it ebbs and flows and doesn't last forever. The intensity of it should lessen given time and stability.

Neuro emotions

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

NB. It sounds like you are suffering from neuro - emotions which is common in withdrawal. Sometimes, deep breathing helps as you wait for the storms of emotion to pass.

This discussion thread might help to calm you a little as you realize that many others have experienced this. It's not easy going through this but it ebbs and flows and doesn't last forever. The intensity of it should lessen given time and stability.

Neuro emotions

thanks, i will check it, but hey HONESTLY do you think i have done irreparable damage? since my symptoms are not just mental, and they are kicking my ass

i really need to know if is there hope to me ever being the same? even if it takes years?

went up to 300mgs

NB.   I do not believe that . I think keeping a positive attitude is very important to healing.  :) 

NB.   I do not believe that . I think keeping a positive attitude is very important to healing.  :)

yeah i really got to work on that, just a question i noticed that you were on antidepressants for a long time,and you also went cold turkey on them , did you ever recovered fully? or at least felt significant improvement?

went up to 300mgs

I'm happy to say I'm fully recovered. :) 

I'm happy to say I'm fully recovered. :)  

awesome to know!!!!! this really brings some hope to me, i hope i get there some day

went up to 300mgs

• Moderator Emeritus

Have you seen this?  It Gets Better

Very encouraging.

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

Have you seen this?  It Gets Better

Very encouraging.

most of them haha, but thanks anyway :)

went up to 300mgs

starting my seroquel taper today

went up to 300mgs

Ok so the doctor agrred on taking me of the meds, but je wants me to start on lyrica for sleep. Will this screw my healing? Also he said that if lyrica doesn't work i should use ambien, wich he also prescribed me, i'm sure i will end up nedding both, can this mess up my heali g from effexor trazadone and seroquel?

went up to 300mgs

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi, NaturalBorn.

We don't recommend using other drugs to get off your current drugs. We recommend a slow and careful taper to minimize symptoms and picking up Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms to handle your withdrawal. 

Lyrica and ambien both come with a risk of dependency similar to antidepressant and antipsychotic withdrawal. Also, please note that ambien is a z-drug. Z-drugs can cause dependency in as little as two weeks. And the withdrawal can be quite severe. 

Please also read this thread: Limbic Kindling -- Hardwiring the brain for hypersensitivity  Limbic kindling causes a destabilized CNS, meaning each new drug, supplement, certain foods, and even life stressors can cause the CNS to become more and more unstable. This is why we don't recommend adding more drugs. As it stands, we don't know of any drug that can "fix" withdrawal.

A slow taper, non-drug coping skills, and lots of self care are the remedy.

Hi, NaturalBorn.

We don't recommend using other drugs to get off your current drugs. We recommend a slow and careful taper to minimize symptoms and picking up Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms to handle your withdrawal.

Lyrica and ambien both come with a risk of dependency similar to antidepressant and antipsychotic withdrawal. Also, please note that ambien is a z-drug. Z-drugs can cause dependency in as little as two weeks. And the withdrawal can be quite severe.

Please also read this thread: Limbic Kindling -- Hardwiring the brain for hypersensitivity Limbic kindling causes a destabilized CNS, meaning each new drug, supplement, certain foods, and even life stressors can cause the CNS to become more and more unstable. This is why we don't recommend adding more drugs. As it stands, we don't know of any drug that can "fix" withdrawal.

A slow taper, non-drug coping skills, and lots of self care are the remedy.

Thanks for the reply shep, i would really rather not use amything, and i will try everything i can to avoid these two drugs.

I'm very aware about the dangers of these pills, at this point idon't consider any pharmaceutical safe at all. i can deal with pretty much anything the withdrawal trows at me, but i can't deal with the insomnia, it just scares me to much to saty awake for days straight, plus then i get worried that these severe lack of sleep can cause more damage, but i will try supplements, meditation and non drug coping skills, but from past expiriences i know that i simply cannot sleep no mather what when a wave hits me, and i mean litterally being awake for several days. This just bring a lot of fear and much more concern about my situation. Do you think it's a good idea to just go on despite the insomnia? And do you think that using just the ambien VERY ocasionally wpuld be a good idea? Like just 2 times a week or something

went up to 300mgs

Hi Naturalborn

It sounds like youre tapering off too quickly and that why you starting to feel so bad. Did you just go from 150 mg to 50? You need to plan it carefully and you need to stick to that plan no matter what. I have read that you have to taper 10% of every second or fourth week. Its hard to explain it in english but for example if you start with 10% of 200 mg its 180 mg and then 10% from 180 mg. Do you understand me? Not 10% from the original dose but from the next dose. Have you ever read the blog Beyond meds? Its a really good blog with a lot of advice and uplifting pictures and text. She was also in withdrawal for many years. If you go back to the posts a couple of years ago you can find a lot of healing advice.

And never ever ask a regular doctor to take you off some drugs. He dont know anything about it. Its hard to find doctors who actually now what they are talking about, almost impossible.

Im sorry if i am telling you something you already know but maybe i just havent understood something.

Sara

When I was 15 years old i had a kundalini rising. It was a wake up call from what I had been my whole life, a person who always did what others told me to do and never loved anyone. I was a very scared child because my mother was always very worried. In december 2010 i got locked in a psychiatric hospital. I was there for almost a half year, they felt they could do nothing to help me. Then I got locked in again i august 2011 and got the strongest antipsuchotic drug there is, Cisordinol, its not allowed in the US. I was a zombie for one year, my psychologist said I had got a prefrontal lobotomy, that I had PTSD and the the only thing worse was war torture. My parents did nothing else than bullying me with the things i couldn´t. For a couple of years, I did nothing. I mourned over my life who I had lost and time flew as it does to those who had lost their sence of time. In december 2014 I was close to death because of the drugs. From around march 2015 things started to turn the right way for me, my near death experience was a wake up call for me, I was filled with love and accept and I met my boyfriend. I was also at a psychiatric hospital again from january 2015 to september 2015. When I got out I thought that now was my life starting to go the right way for me. I stopped with the medication from one day to another and it was the worst mistake I ever made. I was in withdrawal and I started to forget and it just continued to be worse and it still does. Along with that I got locked in again from january 2016 to may 2016. I had no other choise than to take medication otherwise they would let me do nothing. The place where I live now forces me to take medication, otherwise I cant live there and I have nowhere else to live. I had left my first boyfriend despite i still loves him and believes that we one day can be together again but I felt that he didnt understood what I was going through. I have a new friend/ boyfriend who I feel understands my feelings and that it is okay to be sad and frustrated. Whenever my mom is visiting me I just wanna vomit and thats one of my main problems. Please write to me if you find me interesting or you have experienced something similar to me.

Hi Naturalborn

It sounds like youre tapering off too quickly and that why you starting to feel so bad. Did you just go from 150 mg to 50? You need to plan it carefully and you need to stick to that plan no matter what. I have read that you have to taper 10% of every second or fourth week. Its hard to explain it in english but for example if you start with 10% of 200 mg its 180 mg and then 10% from 180 mg. Do you understand me? Not 10% from the original dose but from the next dose. Have you ever read the blog Beyond meds? Its a really good blog with a lot of advice and uplifting pictures and text. She was also in withdrawal for many years. If you go back to the posts a couple of years ago you can find a lot of healing advice.

And never ever ask a regular doctor to take you off some drugs. He dont know anything about it. Its hard to find doctors who actually now what they are talking about, almost impossible.

Im sorry if i am telling you something you already know but maybe i just havent understood something.

Sara

thanks sara, yes i'm aware of the 10% reduction, i went from 50 mgs of seroquel to 37,5. that's not quite 10% but it's the best i can do, since i can't find another way to do it, he advised me to stay on 37,5 for 1 week but i will stay longer than that, also i'm not taking the lyrica no way, now i'm going to the drugstore to try getting a pill cutter to be presice in this. yesterday i used a knife to cut it, but this is just not accurate enough. really hope i don't suffer that much to get off seroquel... i know that trazadone is going to be hard from my previous attempt.

have no idea how i'm going to deal with withdrawal from this many drugs, just the effexor withdrawal was already impossible, now i need to get off trazadone and seroquel as well... really scared hope i can survive this

went up to 300mgs