JesusSavemefromWD: only 3.5 weeks sertraline enough to destroy me

JesusSavemefromWD

1 hour ago, john856 said:

That was a very interesting read on rapid metabolizers. Gosh our brains and bodies are so complex. I really do agree that these drugs are like playing Russian roulette. It's insane how these drugs are given out so easily without any effective way to know how they'll react in most people first. There's so much we don't know and so much research to be done. It's simply mind boggling how these drugs are so easily prescribed.

How would I know if I'm possibly a rapid metabolizer? Is this something that could only be known by doing a lab test? I appreciate this type of info, thank you!

Another thing I wanted to say and forgot …. Our bodies are not that complex, we have pretty much figured out completely how our organs work , EXCEPT from our brain which is very complicated and we don’t know more than maybe 10-20% of how it functions. That’s why it is absolutely stupid, misleading and even unethical for doctors to say “some people need ADs for life time as diabetics need insulin” It makes me furious to hear that oversimplification…. There is a test to prove if someone needs inslulin, and we know exactly what insulin does and it’s not Russian Roulette. We have NO test to show that serotonin levels are not right in our brain and we have no idea how it will turn out if we increase our brain serotonin levels . Just check out the leaflet of insulin and leaflet of ADs , do the site effects seem as dangerous in both case? Nope…. And finally, serotonin is not only produced in the brain, so by taking ADs we interfere with both brain and gut function. Bottom line, there is no comparison between insulin needed by diabetics and ADs. The first one saves lives, the second ones are blindly prescribed and might cost your life …. 

Aug. 16-17, 2020, cipralex: went CRAZY! Recovered in 24hrs

Aug.28,2020; 3.5 weeks 25mg sertraline/4.5 weeks taper

Oct. 25: Last dose (4mg)

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

- sleep & appetite are fine

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

2 hours ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

ultra rapid metabolizers as well as slow metabolizers (two extreme ends) are in high danger for adverse reactions. The vast of doctors only know that slow metabolizers are at risk but so are ultra rapid and rapid. Yes this involves the cytochromes involved in breaking down these drugs and it can be found only by a genetic test. The rapid metabolism is only one reason of people getting adverse reactions, there are many others as well, which can also be revealed by a genetic test. In my case it seemed there were three genetic polymorphisms that contributed to this severe suffering from just a low short term use of Zoloft. It would be to complicated to explain here. But there are four points that need to be clarified here

1. Genetics “don’t lie” I mean an individual either has or doesn’t have the genetic polymorphism for rapid metabolizing. However the interpretation of genetics is another story, and can be really misleading, for example most doctor and some genetic companies believe that a rapid metabolizer just needs higher doses of the drug, while few doctors and genetic companies who really know their sh it, believe that rapid metabolizers are prone to adverse reactions. I am a living prof of that. Doesn’t mean all rapid metabolizers will have issues with the drug that they metabolize fast but it is very likely they will. So genetics don’t lie , the interpretation of genetics can be false and dangerous 

2. there might be more than one genetic polymorphisms contributing to adverse reactions, in my case as I said there where three

3. We all have genetic polymorphisms, that’s what make people different, these are NORMAL variations in our DNA that make us unique. They are not mutations that cause a disease. I am noting this cause I am sick and tired of some stupid doctors telling me “wow you had an underlying issue that caused this adverse reaction”. No, if I had never taken this poison these polymorphisms would have never cause me any problems (me and other rapid metabolizers).

4. Even people who have genetic reports not indicating any polymorphisms that might make them prone to adverse reactions, might still suffer from these drugs for other unidentified reasons because we simply don’t know a lot on how these drugs affect the brain . The enzymes metabolizing these drugs are outside the brain , and only give us indications of how these drugs are metabolized by our body, but how the drug will affect after reaching the brain is another unpredictable story. 
Bottom line these drugs are Russian roulette for your brain and should be avoided unless there are serious mental issues. 
i have had few members reaching out to me asking for this rapid metabolizer issue, maybe the administrators here would consider somehow highlighting this post 

Thank you for youre answers Jesus!

Ad's since 2016 (I was 16 then...) (Escitalopram) 

Nov 2018 switch to venlafaxin 150mg

Nov 2019 to march 2020 tapered by 37,5mg to cero. (breakdown, minor w/d symptoms for a few days only panic attacks followed by deep depression came a month later duo to stress). 

Reinstated venla 150mg in Juli 2020.

Nov 2020 to April 2021 tapering by 15mg every month or so until I reached approximately 50 mg(no w/d symptoms) 

Since April 2021 tapered once by 5% and once by 10% of the last dose because I'm not stable enough for w/d. 

Current dose 50mg venlafaxin

No other medication. 

No supplements

Stopped smoking 29.12.2021

No alcohol 

10 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

Another thing I wanted to say and forgot …. Our bodies are not that complex, we have pretty much figured out completely how our organs work , EXCEPT from our brain which is very complicated and we don’t know more than maybe 10-20% of how it functions. That’s why it is absolutely stupid, misleading and even unethical for doctors to say “some people need ADs for life time as diabetics need insulin” It makes me furious to hear that oversimplification…. There is a test to prove if someone needs inslulin, and we know exactly what insulin does and it’s not Russian Roulette. We have NO test to show that serotonin levels are not right in our brain and we have no idea how it will turn out if we increase our brain serotonin levels . Just check out the leaflet of insulin and leaflet of ADs , do the site effects seem as dangerous in both case? Nope…. And finally, serotonin is not only produced in the brain, so by taking ADs we interfere with both brain and gut function. Bottom line, there is no comparison between insulin needed by diabetics and ADs. The first one saves lives, the second ones are blindly prescribed and might cost your life …. 

Don't forget the immune system and the microbioms. They are also not very well understood. 

Yes it's a shame we have figured out so much but the knowledge just sits around and doctors don't care mostly. 

Nov 2019 to march 2020 tapered by 37,5mg to cero. (breakdown, minor w/d symptoms for a few days only panic attacks followed by deep depression came a month later duo to stress). 

Nov 2020 to April 2021 tapering by 15mg every month or so until I reached approximately 50 mg(no w/d symptoms) 

Since April 2021 tapered once by 5% and once by 10% of the last dose because I'm not stable enough for w/d. 

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

1 hour ago, john856 said:

That was a very interesting read on rapid metabolizers. Gosh our brains and bodies are so complex. I really do agree that these drugs are like playing Russian roulette. It's insane how these drugs are given out so easily without any effective way to know how they'll react in most people first. There's so much we don't know and so much research to be done. It's simply mind boggling how these drugs are so easily prescribed.

How would I know if I'm possibly a rapid metabolizer? Is this something that could only be known by doing a lab test? I appreciate this type of info, thank you!

I think it would be ok but you can only figure out the genotype. It's not saying anything about the active cytochrome amount in youre liver. 

I read you can measure this by taking a compound which gets metabolized by these enzymes and the amount of the metabolite you find the the urine indicates the activity of these enzymes. 

But i have to read a bit more about this to be sure. 

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

24 minutes ago, kostakonkordia said:

Thank you for youre answers Jesus!

You are welcome. I wish I could offer some knowledge that could alleviate people suffering from these drugs but I can’t …. Maybe if I recover and get back on research…. Maybe…. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

18 minutes ago, kostakonkordia said:

I think it would be ok but you can only figure out the genotype. It's not saying anything about the active cytochrome amount in youre liver. 

I read you can measure this by taking a compound which gets metabolized by these enzymes and the amount of the metabolite you find the the urine indicates the activity of these enzymes. 

But i have to read a bit more about this to be sure. 

Yes only a genetic test can tell to this. These polymorphisms show if you have too much or too active enzymes which means you are a rapid metabolizer. The test you mention would probably just verify if he genetics predict the correct function but be aware that the results of the test you mention will depend on the compound used to run the test. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

1 hour ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

2. As a scientist, i wanted to figure out what the hell happened to me and use these info in a scientific publication that i plan on putting together if I ever recover. 

The world needs more scientists like you that can provide better research on the effects of these drugs on the brain. I pray for your speedy recovery. It's so sad there's almost no research yet doctors are blindly prescribing these drugs based on trial and error.

9/03/2021 25mg Sertraline

9/04/2021 25mg Sertraline

9/05/2021 25mg Sertraline

9/06/2021 25mg Sertraline

9/07/2021 12mg Sertraline

9/08/2021-Present 0mg Sertraline

Supplements: Fish oil, Magnesium body wash

2 minutes ago, john856 said:

The world needs more scientists like you that can provide better research on the effects of these drugs on the brain. I pray for your speedy recovery. It's so sad there's almost no research yet doctors are blindly prescribing these drugs based on trial and error.

The problem is most research on ADs is either done by pharmaceutical companies or sponsored. The government needs to realize that there is tremendous need for directing funding towards INDEPENDENT and ETHICAL scientists to do the research on these drugs. It blows my mind that these drugs are considered safe ….. for me these drugs should be like chemotherapy…., I mean you prescribe chemotherapy only to someone who has a serious illness (cancer) and both the doctor and patient are aware of possible side effects. You don’t prescribe chemotherapy for headaches or unexplained pains right? Same with ADs and APs only for severe mental issues and after explaining the risks. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

7 hours ago, john856 said:

Interesting! I have an extreme rapid metabolism, I pretty much can’t gain weight. If this is real, can I still heal? 

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

2020 Sertraline 50mg (okt 2020 - Jan 2021)

2 minutes ago, Avicii said:

Interesting! I have an extreme rapid metabolism, I pretty much can’t gain weight. If this is real, can I still heal? 

Oh I think you have confused things a bit….. when we are taking about metabolizing ADs we refer to specific enzymes that our body use to break down these drugs . What you refer to is having a good or a bad metabolism in terms of food intake and gaining or not gaining weight is a totally different thing. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

11 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

Oh I think you have confused things a bit….. when we are taking about metabolizing ADs we refer to specific enzymes that our body use to break down these drugs . What you refer to is having a good or a bad metabolism in terms of food intake and gaining or not gaining weight is a totally different thing. 

Aaah sorry, language problems ;)

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

2020 Sertraline 50mg (okt 2020 - Jan 2021)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mentor

How are you doing? My heart goes out to you.....I know how hard can be.

The wait is the worst.....If we knew it would be X amount of time then we could maybe deal with it in a more accepting way....

I thought of you yesterday, I was having a bit of disturbing DR and mental akathesia then turned into  physical akathesia ....... I tried to go out for a long drive and lunch.....I was bouncing my leg and fidgeting at the restaurant........Couldn't wait for the food to come so I could try and eat and get out of there......(I've been fighting nausea and no appetite also)

My heart goes out to you, my goodness I was panicking and trying to connect to the world around me and you go through this everyday and sounds like at a much bigger scale...........  Oh the mess these drugs make of our brain.....

I enjoyed your talk about the genetics testing........It might explain some of my problems I am having.........I am ultrarapid metabolizer for Lexapro and Lamictal both of which I am on............It also says am also at risk for adverse effects to certain ssri's  

We tried to split the dosing to see if it was making my WD worse,  fluctuating in my body to much....... It might have made the WD symptoms more even throughout the day, which is not always good.....Then I am not seeing as many breaks in the evening........😒

Do you think that because of my ultrarapid metabolism can create a difference with the sert,  receptors being affected different. I guess what I am asking is-will my sert levels be different then someone who metabolizes it normal...I am hoping that it will be less troublesome for me at lower levels....... How much the metabolism could/would affect tapering.   I am at such low dose right now....just cut again today so at 3.4mg........I still have the WD garbage but my brain feels better every time I cut,  clearer and more connected..........Sometimes it feels like chemicals burning my brain...Also the brain sizzling, buzzing, burning, freezing, hurting is slowly getting less intense, but I am noticing I am having more real headaches.......

Thank you for sharing your knowledge on this subject.......Anything else you can share would be greatly appreciated...

Hang in there😊  

Edited by Greatful

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Lamictal  taper  4/17/ 2022 25mg, 9/9/ 22 -20mg, 9/25/22- 15mg , 10/20/22-   0

Trazodone..2023.>down to 14mg, 7mg, 6mg  July 2023   0

Xanax  0.0625 3 x a day,  2023>  0.042 3x a day

Supplements  Magnesium glycinate, Omega 3, D3, vitamin c , zinc, NAC 

6 hours ago, Greatful said:

How are you doing? My heart goes out to you.....I know how hard can be.

The wait is the worst.....If we knew it would be X amount of time then we could maybe deal with it in a more accepting way....

I thought of you yesterday, I was having a bit of disturbing DR and mental akathesia then turned into  physical akathesia ....... I tried to go out for a long drive and lunch.....I was bouncing my leg and fidgeting at the restaurant........Couldn't wait for the food to come so I could try and eat and get out of there......(I've been fighting nausea and no appetite also)

My heart goes out to you, my goodness I was panicking and trying to connect to the world around me and you go through this everyday and sounds like at a much bigger scale...........  Oh the mess these drugs make of our brain.....

I enjoyed your talk about the genetics testing........It might explain some of my problems I am having.........I am ultrarapid metabolizer for Lexapro and Lamictal both of which I am on............It also says am also at risk for adverse effects to certain ssri's  

We tried to split the dosing to see if it was making my WD worse,  fluctuating in my body to much....... It might have made the WD symptoms more even throughout the day, which is not always good.....Then I am not seeing as many breaks in the evening........😒

Do you think that because of my ultrarapid metabolism can create a difference with the sert,  receptors being affected different. I guess what I am asking is-will my sert levels be different then someone who metabolizes it normal...I am hoping that it will be less troublesome for me at lower levels....... How much the metabolism could/would affect tapering.   I am at such low dose right now....just cut again today so at 3.4mg........I still have the WD garbage but my brain feels better every time I cut,  clearer and more connected..........Sometimes it feels like chemicals burning my brain...Also the brain sizzling, buzzing, burning, freezing, hurting is slowly getting less intense, but I am noticing I am having more real headaches.......

Thank you for sharing your knowledge on this subject.......Anything else you can share would be greatly appreciated...

Hang in there😊  

Dpdr 24/7 is just hell on earth….. I do t know how I am still alive 17 months into this torture….. I guess the minor improvements, my faith in God and my love for my kids keep me going. I ll reply about the ultra rapid metabolizer in your thread so you have it there….. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

17 months off ….. dpdr, terror and Akathisia …. No let up…. Minor improvements with my vision …. Looks like my brain is trying to do smg to recalibrate but the dpdr is so debilitating that keeps me bedridden/housebound. I ve talk to some people with severe drug induced dpdr , one got out of it at 18 months (wouldn’t that be great? I would only have one more month to go…), another at 21 months (I would take that deadline as well….), other at 2.5 years, another at 3.5 years….. please pray for me … I don’t know how much longer I can live in this dpdr zombie like state….

Symptoms while on zoloft

11 hours ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

17 months off ….. dpdr, terror and Akathisia …. No let up…. Minor improvements with my vision …. Looks like my brain is trying to do smg to recalibrate but the dpdr is so debilitating that keeps me bedridden/housebound. I ve talk to some people with severe drug induced dpdr , one got out of it at 18 months (wouldn’t that be great? I would only have one more month to go…), another at 21 months (I would take that deadline as well….), other at 2.5 years, another at 3.5 years….. please pray for me … I don’t know how much longer I can live in this dpdr zombie like state….

It makes me sad that these drugs have caused so much pain and suffering for you. Please try not to be hard on yourself and compare yourself to others healing timelines/deadlines. I know it's tough to hear, but your body will heal on its own timeline.

Also stress can definitely mask the recognition of any new improvements or possible windows, so please be kind to yourself and remind yourself everyday to love yourself. This DPDR doesn't define you. You still hold the power over your identity and you can heal from this! I have nothing but good thoughts for you in your journey ❤️ 

19 hours ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

I don’t know how much longer I can live in this dpdr zombie like state….

You'll be surprised..

December 2014 - Lexapro 20 mg

August 2016 Med free (6 week taper)

December 22 2021  added Abilify 5mg / Ativan .5mg / Depakote ER 1000mg

Discontinued Abilify 5mg on 12-30-21---accidental dose on 1-13-22 (looks like Ativan)

Ativan PRN/Discontinued 1-14-22

Only drug is Depakote ER 1000mg ( looking to taper slow and safe for once )

3/24/22 Depakote 625mg 

Propranolol 20-40mg  PRN

8 hours ago, john856 said:

It makes me sad that these drugs have caused so much pain and suffering for you. Please try not to be hard on yourself and compare yourself to others healing timelines/deadlines. I know it's tough to hear, but your body will heal on its own timeline.

Also stress can definitely mask the recognition of any new improvements or possible windows, so please be kind to yourself and remind yourself everyday to love yourself. This DPDR doesn't define you. You still hold the power over your identity and you can heal from this! I have nothing but good thoughts for you in your journey ❤️ 

🙏 thank you

i was glad to read in your thread you are doing better …. 
maybe one day I ll be able to share positive posts …. I can still hardly believe this is happening to me for so many months 

Symptoms while on zoloft

As I approach 1 year and a half of the iatrogenic torture caused by 3.5 weeks of Zoloft and I see no signs of normal life returning, I decided I ll stop updating my thread. If smg miraculously changes for me I ll share the good news…. till then  I see no reason to share more bad and bad news …… you all take care and stay away from these neurotoxins 

Symptoms while on zoloft

My best wishes J.

Will be glad to hear again from you soon ,with better news..

Xronia polla for the yesterday's Evangelismos   day,and hope to find you well and happy this day next year. 

Greetings to you and your nice family, and have a nice Greek orthodox Easter. 

Kostas 

Citalopram 20 mg

Mid June 1994- end March 1995 Then tapering 3 months 

Mid August 1995-end August 1996 Tapering 6 months 

Mid January 2000-end September 2001 Tapering 6 months

Mid October 2003-end October 2005 Tapering 7 years. 

More detailed drug history is here - ☼-kostas

Off any drug from October 2012 

Take care and thank you for the updates @JesusSavemefromWD I wish you well on your recovery. I hope to hear back from you in the future with good news.

Oh honey, I'll be praying for you!!!

65 y/o Female

Current meds:

Started:26 February, Propranolol 5 mg 8am and 8 pm

Started: 11 March 2022, Ativan : 0 .25mg 1pm and 9pm

Off Seroquel since early October 2022

Off Lunesta since early September 2022 

Other meds: Levothyroxine 50mcg with extra 25mcg Mon. Wed. Fri.

• 2 weeks later...

@JesusSavemefromWD Can I ask you about the arms pain? I have it since one month no stop. To describe it it's like the pain from a vaxin in the biceps. Plus the shoulders and armpits. I tried several painkillers but nothing can touch this pain. Is it the same for you? Is it hard to sleep in the baseline plus this pain is terrible. Even a mild exercise makes it worse

06/2012 - 02/2015 CIPRALEX 10 mg (for somatic abdominal pain + reflux) - prior to this NOT any significant episode of anxiety/depression

on medication: emotional-sexual numbness, total inability to cry, +8 kg, fatigue -> abdominal pain gone

02/2015 - 1/04/2015 tapering from 10 mg to 0 mg doctor advised

05/05/2015 huge anxiety, burning skin sensation, panic, fear, not able to cry again, never-had-before insomnia, totally lost appetite, little loss of vision in one eye, sweating, chest pain, short breath, restlessness, accelerated heartbeat, mild akathisia legs-feet

30/05/2015 reinstated 8mg (I was suggested 5 mg here)

middle 07/2015 general improving

10/2015 start disastrous too long taper 7mg  11/2015 6mg  12/2015 5mg 1/2016 4mg  2/2016 4mg  3/2016 3mg ->FAIL back to 4mg .... 8/2016 3mg 8/2017 2mg  (short wave in summer '17) 8/2018 2mg stable  8/2019 1mg  1/2020 0.6 mg 

1/APRIL/2020 0mg FREE!

7/2020 - 10/2020 MILD WAVE(mostly anxiety, poor sleep)

6/2021 - 9/2021 WAVE (anxiety, severe insomnia, total loss of appetite, deep depression, internal restlessness, anhedonia)  0.125g triazolam  2 times

18/03/2022 WAVE (anxiety, severe insomnia, total loss of appetite, PAIN in muscles and nerves, arms and right leg,cannot exercise,hard to walk) 0.125g triazolam 3 times

7/5 rein 0.1mg

On 4/14/2022 at 6:29 AM, Marta said:

@JesusSavemefromWD Can I ask you about the arms pain? I have it since one month no stop. To describe it it's like the pain from a vaxin in the biceps. Plus the shoulders and armpits. I tried several painkillers but nothing can touch this pain. Is it the same for you? Is it hard to sleep in the baseline plus this pain is terrible. Even a mild exercise makes it worse

I had shoulder/arm pain (only right side) during months 8-10 of withdrawal that felt like i was recovering from broken shoulder while there was no real physical cause . It has subsided long now now but I cannot lift my right arm above my shoulder line , it doesn’t hurt but it kind of feels the arm- shoulder joint locks at the shoulder line and can’t lift my arm all the way up. It’s not a symptom that bothers me much… I am sorry you also have to suffer from these so called “therapeutic” drugs.

Symptoms while on zoloft

Hi! I see that you are still suffering terribly from the paradoxical reaction to sertraline, but I believe with every fiber of my being that you will heal in time, even though we all often think that recovery is impossible.

Frankly, I wanted to address you with one special question, because I remember that you were professionally involved in various aspects of the neurology of movement disorders. Please tell me, if you are, of course, informed about this, does any akathisia result from damage to the basal ganglia? In other words, is any akathisia an indicator of an organic brain defect? My question is not idle: after abruptly stopping the antipsychotic, I had something like akathisia, but my MRI scans do not contain anything abnormal, so I now wonder - this MRI is not very representative as a diagnostic study and I need to do, for example, PET, or still, in my case, one should not talk about an organic defect, but about a temporary functional deregulation...

Oct 20 2021 - Nov 11 2021: 2.5 mg (1.25 mg. in the morning and 1.25 mg. in the evening) -- abruptly stopped taking the drug (cold turkey)
Nov 15 2021: an attempt to reinstate olanzapine (I don’t remember the exact dosage, but it was 1.25 or 2.5 mg.), failed due to my fear of this drug
Nov 16 2021: took 25 mg. quetiapine at night
Nov 17 2021 - Nov 18 2021: took olanzapine at a dosage of 1.25 mg for two days in a row, stopped the drug again
Nov 20 2021 - Nov 29 2021: chaotically took quetiapine these days (I think I took 25 mg one night and 12.5 mg the other) and olanzapine (also a couple of times 1.25 mg each, and the last dose fell on November 29th)
Dec 2021 - Jan 2021: for a month and a half to two months I took many different natural supplements (fish oil, 5-HTP, St. John's wort, green tea extract, tyrosine, biotin, citicoline, Alpha GPC) and multivitamin complexes (B vitamins, for example); in addition, in the same weeks I took about 8-10 tablets of phenazepam, but I never did this even for two days in a row, because I just needed to relieve my anxiety, even if temporarily; from time to time I also took hydroxyzine during these months with an approximate regularity equal to one tablet (dosage - 0.25 mg.) in 5-6 days; in the first 14 days of January, I was also injected intramuscularly with peptides (cortexin)
beginning of February 2022: four days in a row I used 37.5 mg. venlafaxine, 25 mg. lamotrigine and 50 mg. trazodone (soon gave up all drugs due to lack of visible effects)
end of February 2022: I once tried a 50mg sulpiride capsule and a few days later took a 250mg Phenibut tablet (again, no noticeable effects)

On 4/16/2022 at 10:51 PM, Landis said:

Hi! I see that you are still suffering terribly from the paradoxical reaction to sertraline, but I believe with every fiber of my being that you will heal in time, even though we all often think that recovery is impossible.

Frankly, I wanted to address you with one special question, because I remember that you were professionally involved in various aspects of the neurology of movement disorders. Please tell me, if you are, of course, informed about this, does any akathisia result from damage to the basal ganglia? In other words, is any akathisia an indicator of an organic brain defect? My question is not idle: after abruptly stopping the antipsychotic, I had something like akathisia, but my MRI scans do not contain anything abnormal, so I now wonder - this MRI is not very representative as a diagnostic study and I need to do, for example, PET, or still, in my case, one should not talk about an organic defect, but about a temporary functional deregulation...

Sorry for the late response but I don’t come in my thread often anymore as I have decided to stop updating after reaching 1.5 years of mental torture with no hints of recovery …. To answer ur question the main neurotransmitter in basal ganglia is dopamine and it is well established that disruption of the dopaminergic system of the basal ganglia leads to movement disorders like Parkinson’s disease or dystonia. In contrast to these diseases no one really knows how Akathisia develops but I doubt it has to do with the basal ganglia because you can get Akathisia with either antipsychotics which target many receptors, including dopaminergic ones, but you can also get Akathisia from ssris which mostly target serotonergic receptors and from benzos which strictly target GABAergic receptors. I don’t even think Akathisia should be seen as a movement disorder it s another level of hell resulting from ur brain going high wire …. Exactly how no one now’s but the damage seems to not be structural neither involving neuronal cell death (like Parkinson’s disease) but rather being deregulation of the neuronal network and that is why it seems to be reversible in most cases. As far as I know there is no medical test to detect Akathisia in the brain. Hope that answers ur questions , I tried to answer as simple as I could. I wish you a quick recovery 

Symptoms while on zoloft

((((J)))) I have been following your posts and have felt so badly that this happened to you.  Now I am in the same place with tortuous brain dysfunction including intense DR/DP, physical and mental akathisia and deep fear.  I do want you to know that I have been praying for you continually and that I absolutely believe that you will recover.  I so know the horror of having intense DP as well as DR.  I'm finding it nearly impossible to distract.  Do you have anything that helps you to get through the day right now?  I try to watch silly TV shows but am finding that harder and harder )-:   We have to "soul cling" with Christ now and know that He experienced deep anguish and is constantly with us in our suffering.  I agree that having faith in Him and our families is what keeps us crawling through each minute. 

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

On 4/20/2022 at 7:58 PM, SelmaLady said:

((((J)))) I have been following your posts and have felt so badly that this happened to you.  Now I am in the same place with tortuous brain dysfunction including intense DR/DP, physical and mental akathisia and deep fear.  I do want you to know that I have been praying for you continually and that I absolutely believe that you will recover.  I so know the horror of having intense DP as well as DR.  I'm finding it nearly impossible to distract.  Do you have anything that helps you to get through the day right now?  I try to watch silly TV shows but am finding that harder and harder )-:   We have to "soul cling" with Christ now and know that He experienced deep anguish and is constantly with us in our suffering.  I agree that having faith in Him and our families is what keeps us crawling through each minute. 

🙏… I am keeping you in my prayers as well…. Too sick to write more right now ….

Symptoms while on zoloft

• 3 weeks later...

How are you my friend?

Zoloft, November 2019.  I worked up to 50 mg and stayed there until 1 year later. I tapered for 3 months, which should consider to be cold turkey.
Tapering schedule:
Month 1: 37.5 mg

Month 2: 25 mg

Month 3: 12.5 mg

Month 4(Half the month): 6.75 mg
Month 4(Other half): 0 mg December 9, 2020

@JesusSavemefromWD

please respond and let me know if you are ok

we are all worried

• 5-28-20 given cymbalta. Had bad reaction. Stopped immediately. 
  • 6-20-20 stopped vicodin after 5 years. Suffered akathesia. 
  • 7-20-20 to 11-13-20 mirtazapine. On 7.5 tapered for 8 weeks  jumped off at 1.5
  • 11/20 to Feb 3. .25 klonopin, tapered 4 weeks. Jumped off at .0935
  • present - med free. Still suffering from akathesia, insomnia,depression and anxiety
  • melatonin 1mg. Magnesium 400mg daily
  • Vicodin one week. Stopped 12-5-21
  • temezapam prn 
  • sonata sleeping pill. Prn 
  • tried kratom for one week
  • 1-15-22 - symptoms - visual issues, dizziness, severe brain fog, suicidal ideations

Hello @JesusSavemefromWD, I hope you are fine. I think if you have DP as your main symptom like me. Let's check this together. I have noticed my brain behaviour for a very long time and I think I can give you advice on how to lower the suffer. 

Mustafa

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

@JesusSavemefromWD

I know you don't come on here much anymore and that you made that decision not to unless things improve a bit for you but just posting to say that I am thinking of you and hope that you are ok..well not ok but alive and struggling even.

Oaktree1 🌸

Currently tapering Mirtazapine; previously tapered Cymbalta 30mg from June 2018-Feb 2019 and Seroquel 150mg to zero from Oct-December 2020.

Supplements for Hashimoto's disease and histamine issues relating to Mirtazapine:   Vitamin D3 1,000mcg, bio-identical HRT, Selenium, Quercetin, Lutein, Zinc, Vitamin C, Omega 3.

Mirtazapine Taper: 2021 16th Aug -  transitioned to liquid from tablet by dissolving two 15mg tablets into a solution of 15 ml water and 15 ml maple syrup on a starting dose of what I thought was 7.5ml; 17 Sept  - 7.31; 24 Sept  - 7.13; 15 Oct  - 6.95; 6 Nov  - 6.78; 21 Nov  - 6.61; 5 Dec  - 6.51;

2022 - 1 Jan 6.41; 1 Feb  - 6.1; 9 Mar -  5.8; 13 Mar - 5.9; 7 Apr - 5.8; 21 Apr - 5.7; 7 May - 5.63; 23 May - 5.55; 8 June 5.50;  (got COVID on 12th June so held); 1 July 5.4; 15 July 5.32; 8 Aug 5.2; 15 Aug 5.1; 22 Aug 5; 19 Sept 4.9; 2 Oct 4.81; 13 Oct 4.71; (COVID Booster 17/10/22 so longer hold ); 1 Nov 4.65; 3 Nov 4.60; 10 Nov 4.55; 13 Nov 4.50; 17 Nov 4.45; 20 Nov 4.40;  2 Dec 4.30mg; 9 Dec 4.20mg; I discovered that the volumetric container measured 33ml rather than 30ml in Dec 2022. Following helpful advice from moderator OnMyWay (see her  reply of the 5th March) discovered taper with the dilution was 3.8mg (calculated by dividing 30/33 so that every 1ml of solution has  0.90ml of Mirtazapine.  7.50 - 0.90= 6.6ml which was the starting dose on 16th Aug 2021 not 7.5ml).  I decided to keep using the solution as I didn't want more change to deal with than I had to.

2023 17 Mar 4.1(3.7); 26 Mar 4.0(3.6); 14 Apr 3.9(3.51)28 Apr 3.8(3.42); 6 Jun 3.7(3.33); 19 Jun 3.6(3.24); 30 Jun 3.5(3.1); 19 Jul 3.4(3.06); 27 Jul 3.35 (3.01); 29 Jul 3.3 (2.97); 4 Aug 3.25 (2.92); 7 Aug 3.2 (2.88); 21 Aug 3.1 (2.79); 14.09 3 (2.7); 29th Sept 2.9(2.61); 15 Oct 2.8(2.52); 30 Oct 10 2.7(2.43); 13 Nov 2.65(2.38); 20 Nov 2.6(2.34); 26 Nov 2.55(2.29); 10 Dec 2.5(2.25); 

2024 - 14 Jan 2.45(2.20); 22 Jan 2.40(2.16); 29 Jan 2.35(2.11); 2 Feb 2.3 (2.07);15 Feb 2.25(2.02); 22 Feb 2.21 (1.98); 29 Feb 2.17(1.95); 7 Mar 2.13(1.91); 21 Mar 2.05 (1.84); 31 Mar 2.01 (1.80); 14 Apr 1.90 (1.71);

This is not 'medical advice' - my 'non medical advice' is don't get any more 'medical advice' or you may end up getting more 'medical treatment' i.e more drugs, DSM labels and/or ECT.   Please do not PM me thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

On 5/11/2022 at 4:35 PM, rebeccaannxo said:

@JesusSavemefromWD

Hope you’re doing okay! I’m another adverse reaction case and suffering miserably. Did you have any balance issues or body weakness issues? I’m housebound daily due to symptoms :( 

This is the same for me. I feel not balanced to go outside. Feel disconnected and it is like I can't see the road if Iam walking. It is like a prison and you can't dare go outside of it.

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

• 1 month later...

Hey neighbour 👋 I too have mental aka from an adverse reaction to sertraline back in December. I'm almost 7 months off of the pills so far. I also believe the aka and dp are intertwined, and have a lot to do with the overproduction of stress hormones.

habituation has been my friend with the dp/dr. for me, trying to resist the dp causes cortisol to ramp up. once I removed fear from the feeling, it stopped tormenting me. What I find helps when I'm super destabilized, is reminiscing, and getting a hold of familiar feelings from my past, allowing them to ground me. minimizing stress by staying off of online forums is probably the wisest thing to do! I hope you're okay. we can get through it once our serotonin system decides to regulate, and our cortisol levels are at bay. it can take a little while to get out of this paradoxical state but improvement could be just around the corner. I've read stories of people getting drastically better around the 2 year mark. I understand you've been struggling for longer than I, and patience can dwindle over time. I so hope that you're alright. 

I'm trying not to blame these feelings I'm having entirely on the pills. The power of placebo on the mind is incredibly effective. If we tell ourselves that we've been ruined by pills, recovery will be much slower and more stressful. Yesterday, by thinking the contrary, I had an hour long window. for the first time in a while I wasn't living second by second, but in swaths of time. I could actually sort of relax and feel time flowing by. I try to ignore others timelines cause each experience is personal and we don't know how others are curating their healing experience. we all have time on our side. I'm sending you so much love from Nova Scotia.

2016: started sertraline 25mg - upped dose to 75mg and tapered down to 25mg.

2017: June - skipped doses to taper sertraline 25mg. December - reinstated sertraline 25mg

2018: October - skipped doses to taper sertraline 25mg. 

2019: January - reinstated sertraline 25mg because of dp/dr symptoms

2020: October - basically CTd sertraline 25mg. enter protracted withdrawal.

2021: Dec 9th - ADR to sertraline reinstatement at 25mg. Dec 10th - Zopiclone 2.5 mg. Dec 11th - zopiclone 5 mg. Dec 17th(?) - sertraline 25mg.

Dec 24th - sertraline 25mg. Dec 25th - sertraline 25mg.

December/January: was double dosing b12 1000mcg at some point :$

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to let you know that me and my kitty crew have been thinking of you. 😉✌️😻😻😻😻

Current Psychiatric Medications

1. Paxil 10mg daily (a.m.) 2017 - Present
  2. Carbamazepine IR  190 mg twice daily (380mg Daily) 2011 - Present (Currently Tapering)

Past Psychiatric Medications From 1994 to August 2021   Seroquel (in Recovery since August 2021 final dose 6.25mg), Depakote, Lithium, Risperidone, Xanax, Lamotrigene, Olanzapine, Lorazepam, Welbutrin, Trazodone, Oxazepam, Gabapentin, Abilify, Topiramate, Prazosin, Ambien (See Attached Spreadsheet And Seroquel Tapering And WIthdrawal Summary)

Current Non Psychiatric Medications Levothyroxine 88mcg (a.m.)-Vitamin D3 1000 IU (p.m.)-Fexofenadine 180 mg twice daily -Clonidine 0.1 mg (p.m.)-Azelastine Nasal Spray

Other - Fish Oil Twice Daily-Multi-Vitamin (a.m.)-Vitamin C 1000mg Daily (a.m.)-Saline Nasal Spray-Salsalate 750mg twice daily PRN, Diclofenac Gel on affected joint PRN-Magnesium Citrate 250mg twice daily, Betaine HCL & Digestine Enzymes With Meals

Quitting Seroquel_A Vacation In Hell_Redacted.pdf

Other Documents https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/26099-feralcatman-recovering-from-seroquel/?do=findComment&comment=633907