JesusSavemefromWD: only 3.5 weeks sertraline enough to destroy me

JesusSavemefromWD

9 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

It sounds like the only choice I have is to continue suffering and hoping one day I ll miraculously come out of it….. can’t believe this for few week in this poison. Idiot doctors you destroy lives and families !!!! I am so mad of what they have done to us….. but I am so disabled I can’t do anything about it 

I forget how to update my signature but I also tried seroquel, risperidone, prozac, zoloft, ativan and luvox. all were disasters except ativan helped a ton for about 3 weeks then went paradoxical. I got full body convulsions in interdose withdrawal and ended up in the psych ward.

April 2011 - citalopram 20 mg

April 2018 - tapered in 4 weeks

Nov 2018 - reinstated 20 mg

Stopped 8 days later bad reaction

November 5 2020 - reinstated citalopram 0.5mg. Increase to 1mg

November 10 2020 - stopped citalopram.  

December 8 2020 - reinstate 2.5mg citalopram. Stayed on until December 17

December 20 2020 - discontinue citalopram again 

Dec 2020 - start ativan for akathisia 

Nov 2020 to Jan 2021 - tried low dose Seroquel, Risperidone, Luvox, Zoloft and Prozac. just added symptoms no benefit

Feb 2021 - ativan went paradoxical. landed in hospital. cold turkeyed.

Totally drug free since Feb 21, 2021

30 minutes ago, Daisygirlsk said:

I always tell people you have to do whatever you can to survive. yes there are some who reinstate and feel much better. I actually reinstated based on one particular story I had followed on here for a long time because she and I were very similar. unfortunately RI was a disaster for me. it did work for her though. I was completely non functional for the first few months and bedridden. I force myself to do things now even though I cannot work. my doc approved me for disability based on akathisia alone although I do have other chronic diseases. I am also pregnant now which scares me to death. I have very extreme mental symptoms I am a lot like you that way. the physical always improves for me but when akathisia really hits it's very torturous- nerves shocking and electrocuting my entire body, cant get comfortable, skin burning, everything in my body rattling. it is awful. I am so sensitive to everything now I cannot touch any chemicals. I dyed my hair in September and got extreme aka after that. I was not sensitive to anything before reinstatement which is why i thought it would work for me. now I am a strong advocate against psychiatry. I NEVER needed these drugs in the first place and now am disabled by them.

Most of people do not need these drugs that’s why these drugs hurt us so much. We were normal, our serotonin levels were normal and by taking an SSRi we messed them up. I must admit thought I cannot for the life of me understand why we are not recovering after so long??… i am a neuroscientist, I have read many “brain” books, I cannot justify this long term torture after being completely off for so long.

Congratulations on ur pregnancy , it ll be tough due to ur hormones on top of WD but I pray when ur baby is born will give you strength to keep going …. Keep in touch , let us know when ur baby comes ……

Aug. 16-17, 2020, cipralex: went CRAZY! Recovered in 24hrs

Aug.28,2020; 3.5 weeks 25mg sertraline/4.5 weeks taper

Oct. 25: Last dose (4mg)

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

- sleep & appetite are fine

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

31 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

Most of people do not need these drugs that’s why these drugs hurt us so much. We were normal, our serotonin levels were normal and by taking an SSRi we messed them up. I must admit thought I cannot for the life of me understand why we are not recovering after so long??… i am a neuroscientist, I have read many “brain” books, I cannot justify this long term torture after being completely off for so long.

Congratulations on ur pregnancy , it ll be tough due to ur hormones on top of WD but I pray when ur baby is born will give you strength to keep going …. Keep in touch , let us know when ur baby comes ……

thanks so much! it makes zero sense what is going on. but there are people who take 4 pills and take 4 years to recover. there are even people who take 1 pill and take 4 years to recover. I've seen it all in my 4 years of this. and others like my mom and brother can quit cold Turkey with zero problems. I dont understand it at all. this suffering is not comparable to anything else that exists. I understand if you want to reinstate. I lost a dear friend to this and wish she would have tried everything before making the ultimate decision. if you are at the point of life and death please try everything you can to stay alive. 

Nov 2020 to Jan 2021 - tried low dose Seroquel, Risperidone, Luvox, Zoloft and Prozac. just added symptoms no benefit

6 minutes ago, Daisygirlsk said:

thanks so much! it makes zero sense what is going on. but there are people who take 4 pills and take 4 years to recover. there are even people who take 1 pill and take 4 years to recover. I've seen it all in my 4 years of this. and others like my mom and brother can quit cold Turkey with zero problems. I dont understand it at all. this suffering is not comparable to anything else that exists. I understand if you want to reinstate. I lost a dear friend to this and wish she would have tried everything before making the ultimate decision. if you are at the point of life and death please try everything you can to stay alive. 

Yea I feel I am in that line ….

I am sorry about ur friend…. 
I understand some people are seriously hurt but after one pill but it does make it harder to accept so much suffering after such a short exposure…. I have honestly lost hope for my recovery after almost 15 months clean of these poisons….. I am at a loss …. Very unfair but I guess life is not fair anyways 

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

3 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

Yea I feel I am in that line ….

I am sorry about ur friend…. 
I understand some people are seriously hurt but after one pill but it does make it harder to accept so much suffering after such a short exposure…. I have honestly lost hope for my recovery after almost 15 months clean of these poisons….. I am at a loss …. Very unfair but I guess life is not fair anyways 

how can one exposure to one pill destroy someone for 4 years? how does that make any sense? then the next person takes something for 20 years, quits cold Turkey and is fine. cruel. if you are at that line try everything. please. I wish she would have.

3 minutes ago, Daisygirlsk said:

how can one exposure to one pill destroy someone for 4 years? how does that make any sense? then the next person takes something for 20 years, quits cold Turkey and is fine. cruel. if you are at that line try everything. please. I wish she would have.

I don’t know …. I don’t think anyone does know this answer…. 🥺

Symptoms while on zoloft

1 minute ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

I don’t know …. I don’t think anyone does know this answer…. 🥺

that's why they should be prescribed to no one. it's just russian roulette. 

1 minute ago, Daisygirlsk said:

that's why they should be prescribed to no one. it's just russian roulette. 

What hurts me a lot is that I asked so many times 4-5 different doctors if they are safe, they all said yes …. In fact one if them got frustrated and told me “ I am surprised how an established neuroscientist like you doubts approved medicines so much””” this idiot doctor is out there living her life and I am bedridden for 15 months now. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

16 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

What hurts me a lot is that I asked so many times 4-5 different doctors if they are safe, they all said yes …. In fact one if them got frustrated and told me “ I am surprised how an established neuroscientist like you doubts approved medicines so much””” this idiot doctor is out there living her life and I am bedridden for 15 months now. 

if I didnt have chronic diseases I would never see a doctor ever again. even with them I have fired most of my providers. I see the whole system as corrupt now that I have gone down so many rabbit holes since this happened to me. I mostly see doctors now as drones for big pharma and all they want is to escape liability ESPECIALLY psychiatrists. I was also told citalopram was completely safe, mild and easy to stop 'unlike benzos'. ya citalopram caused me so much harm and gave me akathisia at 2.5mg. I had very weird and scary mind stuff after taking one dose of zoloft.

23 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

Approved science 😂😂😂

Edited by kostakonkordia

Ad's since 2016 (I was 16 then...) (Escitalopram) 

Nov 2018 switch to venlafaxin 150mg

Nov 2019 to march 2020 tapered by 37,5mg to cero. (breakdown, minor w/d symptoms for a few days only panic attacks followed by deep depression came a month later duo to stress). 

Reinstated venla 150mg in Juli 2020.

Nov 2020 to April 2021 tapering by 15mg every month or so until I reached approximately 50 mg(no w/d symptoms) 

Since April 2021 tapered once by 5% and once by 10% of the last dose because I'm not stable enough for w/d. 

Current dose 50mg venlafaxin

No other medication. 

No supplements

Stopped smoking 29.12.2021

No alcohol 

49 minutes ago, Daisygirlsk said:

Good point. I'm sorry to say this again but test for dysbiosis before doing any harm to you.

And besides that it heals with time. 

Nov 2019 to march 2020 tapered by 37,5mg to cero. (breakdown, minor w/d symptoms for a few days only panic attacks followed by deep depression came a month later duo to stress). 

Nov 2020 to April 2021 tapering by 15mg every month or so until I reached approximately 50 mg(no w/d symptoms) 

Since April 2021 tapered once by 5% and once by 10% of the last dose because I'm not stable enough for w/d. 

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

7 minutes ago, Daisygirlsk said:

if I didnt have chronic diseases I would never see a doctor ever again. even with them I have fired most of my providers. I see the whole system as corrupt now that I have gone down so many rabbit holes since this happened to me. I mostly see doctors now as drones for big pharma and all they want is to escape liability ESPECIALLY psychiatrists. I was also told citalopram was completely safe, mild and easy to stop 'unlike benzos'. ya citalopram caused me so much harm and gave me akathisia at 2.5mg. I had very weird and scary mind stuff after taking one dose of zoloft.

I went crazy after a single dose of lexapro but got clever and stopped immediately, recovered within 24hrs. Then I got fool by my doctors that Zoloft is milder and since I had no side effects for the first 3-4 days I said ok I ll stick with it. So I went crazy on Zoloft after 2-3 weeks but was to late to stop it , I was already addicted and when I went off everything became  much much much worst 

Symptoms while on zoloft

26 minutes ago, Daisygirlsk said:

Myyyy gooddd yes they are corrup.

Read Ivan illich medical nemesis,the exopropriation of health. Im currently reading it. 

Basically medicine was bullsh*t all along, since it was ripped out of the hands of herbalist/women. It's a medical maschine here to create money and stabilize capitalist powerstructure by preventing people finding the real cause of their sickness which is of course society related. 

Also chochrane researcher Peter gotzsche basically says 95% of medicine is bullsh*t. And John ioannidis says, I think also, 90% of medical studies are badly made or corrupted.

Psychiatry is obviously here to controle people who are failing out the system or get sick because of this lunatic society, I would go so far as to say that even psychotherapy in the current form is only a product of social control and spellbinding.

Psychotherapy should encourage people to to change something but instead it holds them back and declares them sick. 

Something to think about...

Edited by kostakonkordia

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

I don’t believe medicine is BS, I believe psychiatry is not medicine ….. it’s a gamble with your brain , the most important organ in your body….

Symptoms while on zoloft

I don’t believe medicine is BS, I believe psychiatry is not medicine ….. it’s a gamble with your brain , the most important organ in your body….

I belive medicine as practiced today is mostly bullsh*t. But I don't want to discuss about that now if this is to much for you. 

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

@JesusSavemefromWD

Has anything gotten better for you? 

Edited by kostakonkordia

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

5 minutes ago, kostakonkordia said:

@JesusSavemefromWD

Has anything gotten better for you? 

No…. If anything I am getting worst …. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

A well informed on WD and adverse reactions psychiatrist told me today that eventually everyone recovers from the damage of these drugs…. I do much want this to be true …. I guess only time will tell 

Symptoms while on zoloft

1 minute ago, Alenah said:

@Daisygirlsk Do you know someone personally who took one dose and took 4 years to recover? I unfortunately am one of those people who had/has the one dose reaction. 

I've read multiple stories of this yes

4 minutes ago, Alenah said:

@Daisygirlskwell…. At least they recovered. Gives me hope. Thank you. Did you read those stories on this website or another one? 

Would be great if you could point out these recovery stories … @Daisygirlsk

Symptoms while on zoloft

1 hour ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

C.G. is one of them but I checked the success story tonight again and all the links are broken. they never used to be. he took 1 prozac pill and had a severe reaction and took 4 years to recover. traumatized80 had many adverse reactions but she was also kindled. she is completely recovered I have talked to her on the phone. I cannot remember the username of the person who took 4 pills and then recovered in 4.5 years. wdtony on here had a severe adverse reaction and recovered. I've watched his videos on YouTube. that's just off the top of my head I'm sure there are more.

1 hour ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

wdtony took one lexapro pill and didnt even start recovering until 2.5 years 

10 hours ago, Thelongestroadhome said:

I’ve read through your thread and I’m so sorry to hear that you are suffering so much. 

You were only on Zoloft for 3.5 weeks but obviously had a  severe reaction. I remember when I was first put on lexapro 14 years ago I had very similar side effects. I felt as though I was walking around in my own bubble, it was like a bad dream. It was made worse by the benzodiazepine I was also taking which pooped out after four weeks and only added to my misery. I had increased anxiety and severe depression which was weird because I had never suffered depression before. It was six months before I felt normal again and after that I had a relatively easy journey. I’m not sure why I suffered so much but I think a lot of it had to do with having never taken any medication in my life apart from the odd Panadol. Or maybe lexapro was not a good choice for me. I don’t know and I often reflect on that period. My psychiatrist insisted on upping my dose at every visit too, I went from 5mg to 30mg in six weeks 😩 Never gave me time to respond to a lower dose! 

Did you struggle with anxiety before the chest pain experience? Obviously if the chest pain went away it wasn’t a heart issue but a panic attack. I’ve had a few and it definitely feels like a heart attack. Anxiety is a sneaky beast and comes in many formats. Mine often starts with increased irritability. I find myself short tempered with my husband and children, upset with small things that normally don’t upset me. It then goes in to health anxiety with constant googling for reassurance. DP then becomes an issue. Tension, aching joints are another symptom for me. I grind my teeth at night, constantly tap my fingers without even realising. I lived like that for many years but always managed it. I only got put on medication for the first time at 42 years old. That was after a traumatic birth experience when my symptoms got much worse. 

If you do reinstate and experience worse symptoms it might put you back a step. Then again it might help. It’s a decision only you can make. Do you do anything to help manage your symptoms naturally? I know a few people have had success with acupuncture. Floatation tanks is another thing which some people have benefited from. I personally  find Audible a great tool and there are many self help books. As a neuroscientist you may have heard of Doctor Caroline Leaf? My son in law has benefited greatly from her teaching course on managing anxiety. She has a number of books on Audible. One thing I do know is you have to keep trying to help yourself. Don’t let this situation beat you. Faith is the substance of things HOPED for and without hope we have nothing. I pray with all my heart that you will find a pathway out of this and come out the other side a stronger person ❤️❤️

I didn’t have anxiety or panic attacks, I don’t know where the chest tightness came from …. All I know is that I was 100% functional and full of life and good feelings….. now I am a vegetable, can’t get out of bed, have no good feelings except fear and despair….. I am buried alive into a dark deep Dpdr state and being tortured by Akathisia…… thank you for reading my thread . I am glad reinstating worked for you …. I wish I knew if another SSRi can help me overcome what Zoloft did but I don’t know, I am afraid my brain is too damaged and another SSRi will just add extra issues. But then what choice am I left with? Keep taking the suffering till when? Only God knows 

Symptoms while on zoloft

17 hours ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

No…. If anything I am getting worst …. 

I'm sorry to hear that.... :(

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

21 minutes ago, kostakonkordia said:

I'm sorry to hear that.... :(

thank you …. This is unnecessary and inhuman suffering…. I was really ok before zoloft … I had it all …. I was happy …. Can hardly believe what few weeks in this medicine did to me …. But I keep praying and trying to maintain hope of healing 

Symptoms while on zoloft

Just wanted to let you know that one member on Reddit who had pssd and akathisia has successfully treated both. Just saying... 

Screenshot_20220115_185914_com.reddit.frontpage.thumb.jpg.fbca57889f2924c1f9c49a3e3a37542e.jpg

Edited by kostakonkordia

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

13 hours ago, Daisygirlsk said:

wdtony took one lexapro pill and didnt even start recovering until 2.5 years 

Is this the guy who has posted a utube video describing his severe symptoms after just one pill? This video has also been posted in SA adverse reactions section. Has this guy recovered? That gives me hope cause he was really bad….

Symptoms while on zoloft

11 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

Is this the guy who has posted a utube video describing his severe symptoms after just one pill? This video has also been posted in SA adverse reactions section. Has this guy recovered? That gives me hope cause he was really bad….

yes

18 minutes ago, Daisygirlsk said:

yes

How do we know he has recovered? Did he post a new video? Have you ever spoken to him? 

Symptoms while on zoloft

4 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

How do we know he has recovered? Did he post a new video? Have you ever spoken to him? 

he used to have many posts on this site that talked about his recovery. I cant remember if he had recovery videos too or not

5 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

I've been in this community for so long it's hard to remember where I read or saw what but he is definitely recovered.

1 minute ago, Daisygirlsk said:

I've been in this community for so long it's hard to remember where I read or saw what but he is definitely recovered.

Ok, I can’t find his thread ….

how are u doing these days?

Symptoms while on zoloft

Ok, I can’t find his thread ….

how are u doing these days?

yes it seems like it got deleted. he used to have a bunch of posts. I'm struggling every day but somehow keep going. I had to take antibiotics a couple weeks ago which definitely aggravated things. I'm really tired of all this. I was not sensitive to anything until i reinstated.

Just now, Daisygirlsk said:

yes it seems like it got deleted. he used to have a bunch of posts. I'm struggling every day but somehow keep going. I had to take antibiotics a couple weeks ago which definitely aggravated things. I'm really tired of all this. I was not sensitive to anything until i reinstated.

I wonder why a happy ending story was deleted…. We do much need them …. I am sorry you are still struggling…. I ll include you in my prayers…. That’s all I can do these 15 months while laying in bed every day…. Talk to people via SA and pray for them and myself 

Symptoms while on zoloft