JesusSavemefromWD: only 3.5 weeks sertraline enough to destroy me

JesusSavemefromWD

5 minutes ago, FeralCatman said:
  •  
I had a thought that may or may not help you. I am wondering if what you are going through has any parallels to those with a TBI. People do recover from TBI's. If so, could any of the recovery techniques applied to help with a TBI be useful in your case?

I am pretty sure what I have suffered from Zoloft is a kind of TBI but nothing showed in my brain scan so it is not a “structural damage” but a “functional damage. I cannot for the life of me find a good explanation of why I am not recovering but I really am not. I have tried some techniques, nothing helps. Only things that help a bit is eating and sleeping. My case is severe and I doubt I ll make it through this but I am so great full for all the people reaching out to support me and I pray for your recovery. I don’t know why I have been so severely damaged by such a short time on Zoloft, but there are some cases like mine all over the web so i am not alone. I am trying every day to survive this brutal reality and go to sleep hoping next day will be the day I turn the corner. I don’t want to scare people with the severity of my symptoms but I think i have to post the truth of my case because maybe one day idiot doctors will understand how dangerous these drugs are. I was an active mother, wife, working full time as a neuroscientist, hard cardio exercise weekly, dancing, travelling, cooking, socializing , speaker in conferences, attending church …. a go go happy woman who just experienced some chest tightness… and after few weeks on Zoloft sure the tightness went away but I became a depersonalized, anhedonic zombie with distorted vision and bouts of long hours of Akathisia almost every day…. Completely dysfunctional, mostly bedridden…. Even in bed I suffer …. Doctors have mentally murdered me and if anyone is reading this considering to start an antidepressant…. For the love of God, please don’t ….

I try not to loose hope and if the DP would go I could push through the other symptoms, but the DP is so severe and deep that I feel a ghost buried in my body, and it’s been for so long with minor improvements….. I am trying to maintain hope that I ll heal one day but honestly things don’t look promising at all…. Hoping to a miracle that seems to not be coming…. I am very proud of myself surviving 14+ months of this non stop torture, but I really don’t know how much longer I can do it. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart…..

Aug. 16-17, 2020, cipralex: went CRAZY! Recovered in 24hrs

Aug.28,2020; 3.5 weeks 25mg sertraline/4.5 weeks taper

Oct. 25: Last dose (4mg)

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

- sleep & appetite are fine

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

23 minutes ago, kostakonkordia said:

Thank you Jesus, you will be fine too. Don't loose hope!! 

It sounds like you're lost in an emotional spiral(understandable...me too haha). Try to get the heck out of there, you will heal as baylissa said trust her. 

Is there anything you can do and cope with you're situation? 

Like painting down you're expirience. 

And do you have the possibility that some therapist comes to you're house once a week? 

Greetings 

Kosta

No therapist can help when the mental torture of Akathisia gets me on my knees for hours and hours. This site and success stories is helping much more than any therapist. Therapy would have been ideal if it had been suggested to me for my chest pain instead of Zoloft. Now my symptoms are so severe I can barely talk …..,

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

Keep posting the truth. This site is used for research and besides that we want to know how you are really doing. Your mental health is more important than worrying if you will scare people.

Current: Bupropion 450mg, Neurontin 800mg, Klonopin 0.5mg

History:

July 2020: started Cogentin 1mg, Lamictal 50mg, Zoloft 150mg, Zyprexa 5mg (+5mg as needed), Klonopin 0.5mg

November 2020: stopped all meds cold-turkey

February 2021: started Latuda 60mg, Lithium 300mg, Melatonin 5mg, Protonix 40mg, Topamax 25mg

2 weeks later: stopped Topamax, increased Lithium 900mg, started Klonopin 1mg, Lexapro 20mg, Neurontin 400mg

April 2021: started Bupropion 150mg, Revia ?mg

May 2021: stopped ReviaProtonixLexaproincreased Neurontin 800mg, started Celexa 10mg

August 2021: decreased Celexa 5mg (stopped Celexa 2 weeks later), increased Bupropion 300mg

September 2021: increased Latuda 80mg

October 2021: decreased Lithium 600mg for 4 daysLithium 300mg for 4 daysstopped LithiumLatuda

increased Bupropion 450mg, started Remeron 15mg, decreased Remeron 7.5mg, stopped Remeron

Yes Jesus. Torutre is an understatement. I am impressed with your ability to write coherent and impactful thoughts. If it werent for Jesus and my devotion, I do not know how I would survive. The other week I found a youtube talking about mental anguish for  the suffering saint. The YouTube is by Aaron Kim. I too lack hope these days. Which makes no sense since I follow the God of all hope but my mind screams death and despair mostly 24/7. Wish there was a place we could all go where responsibilities were nonexistent and hope could be infused into our veins. So tired of this horrifc ride. Sounds as if many on your thread are offering ideas and support. 
Praying for peace for you and radical healing…against all odds I know but praying for the impossible in this impossible situation.

•  Various antidepressants since 1995.Prozac,paxil,lexapro, Wellbutrin.
  •  2004-2021 lexapro 10 mg
  •  2009 added drug Wellbutrin 150mg, 2016  bupropian300 mg XL
  • 2019  start taper June bupropion 300 mg. Now resuming micro dose taper.2.3% reduction. At 51.8 mg.Hope to increase reduction. 
  • 2021 January 29 liquid lexapro done by compound pharmacist.
  • 2021 February 4 began  lexapro taper 
  • 2022 April 7 start 10 mg fluoxetine as bridge.
  • hyperbolic taper. Liquid lexapro 6.60, holding. 
  • 2022 April 27 dropped to 5 mg fluoxetine holding.
  • held all taper from March 2023- January 2024
  • working with mark Horowitz, a taper coach, and doing acupuncture and chiropractic work.
  • SUPPLEMENTS- Vit d3, B-12, Magnesium 200 mg, Ashwagandha 475mg, lithium  oratate 5 mg

@benesh

Why do you lack hope benesh?? 

No its not impossible, I know I don't belive it myselfe sometimes BUT you have my handshake that you all will heal. It's impossible that you don't heal. Trust baylissas words. 

You are the bravest people among all of humans I belive, war, abusement etc i don't want to belittle these experiences but it seems like peanuts compared to the torture you are living through... 

But it heals. 

Greetings 

Kosta 

Ad's since 2016 (I was 16 then...) (Escitalopram) 

Nov 2018 switch to venlafaxin 150mg

Nov 2019 to march 2020 tapered by 37,5mg to cero. (breakdown, minor w/d symptoms for a few days only panic attacks followed by deep depression came a month later duo to stress). 

Reinstated venla 150mg in Juli 2020.

Nov 2020 to April 2021 tapering by 15mg every month or so until I reached approximately 50 mg(no w/d symptoms) 

Since April 2021 tapered once by 5% and once by 10% of the last dose because I'm not stable enough for w/d. 

Current dose 50mg venlafaxin

No other medication. 

No supplements

Stopped smoking 29.12.2021

No alcohol 

32 minutes ago, benesh said:

Yes Jesus. Torutre is an understatement. I am impressed with your ability to write coherent and impactful thoughts. If it werent for Jesus and my devotion, I do not know how I would survive. The other week I found a youtube talking about mental anguish for  the suffering saint. The YouTube is by Aaron Kim. I too lack hope these days. Which makes no sense since I follow the God of all hope but my mind screams death and despair mostly 24/7. Wish there was a place we could all go where responsibilities were nonexistent and hope could be infused into our veins. So tired of this horrifc ride. Sounds as if many on your thread are offering ideas and support. 
Praying for peace for you and radical healing…against all odds I know but praying for the impossible in this impossible situation.

I can “hear” the emotional pain in your writing. I am sorry for what those evil drugs have done to you. I am a person of faith as well but to be honest these last months the mental torture is so bad that my faith is challenged. But I know even if I give up on God, He will not give up on us and every night I go to bed I hope I ll wake up to a miracle of feeling human again. 
My cognition skills have not been affected by this Zoloft poison, which is a surprise considering how much it has messed up my brain. So I can express my thoughts ok. 
I can’t offer much to help you or me or anyone else here other than include you in my prayers. 
I wish I could force down the throat of my ex doctor and the president of Pfizer some Zoloft and have them suffer instead of me. Can’t do that, but if I ever recover I have a whole plan in mind about fighting these poisons. I also have in mind to say some nice Greek words to Pfizer president as I recently found out he is half Greek. stay strong…the fact we still suffer tremendously doesnt mean we will never heal…. that’s the thought that keeps me going…. Maybe we just need a bit more time ..,, maybe. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

As I bite my own fist to distract from the unbearable Akathisia pain , two thoughts are constantly going through in loops in my mind “ why are these drugs considered harmless?” And “will this torture ever end?” 
I have to answer yes to the second question to be able to just survive one more day…. Did I mention I only took this poison for 3.5 weeks? Yea … I am sure I did …. May God keep us strong through this torture. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

• Mentor

I can so relate to all that is said here, the anger at these drugs and doctors, the tomorrow will be better right, How can I get through the day, will I heal and function again.

Yes, I think we also need to talk about the horrors and the unhuman pain we feel too.  We need to encourage and help each other too but being able to express the pain is a part of healing too.

I will join your crusade in the speaking out about these drugs when we are healed and have the strength to do so..............

My heart goes out to us all.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Lamictal  taper  4/17/ 2022 25mg, 9/9/ 22 -20mg, 9/25/22- 15mg , 10/20/22-   0

Trazodone..2023.>down to 14mg, 7mg, 6mg  July 2023   0

Xanax  0.0625 3 x a day,  2023>  0.042 3x a day

Supplements  Magnesium glycinate, Omega 3, D3, vitamin c , zinc, NAC 

27 minutes ago, Greatful said:

I can so relate to all that is said here, the anger at these drugs and doctors, the tomorrow will be better right, How can I get through the day, will I heal and function again.

Yes, I think we also need to talk about the horrors and the unhuman pain we feel too.  We need to encourage and help each other too but being able to express the pain is a part of healing too.

I will join your crusade in the speaking out about these drugs when we are healed and have the strength to do so..............

My heart goes out to us all.

🙏….. may God help us all…. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

@JesusSavemefromWDWhat has been done to all of us who post here on these boards is just down right rotten. I keep thinking 'this is what I get for asking for help? How the h*** was this help?' I actually told my PNP that I would have been better off being an alcoholic. At least withdrawal from that is well studied and there is lots of support for people out there who are trying to quit. As I stated in my write up it was all done with good intentions but the road to hell is paved with good intentions. None of these meds were adequately tested over the long haul or even the short haul and once approved doctors don't question things they just prescribe it. Having been in the Submarine Service many years ago I have had some unique and very tough experiences compared to the average person. I can't discuss details of course but going through this is far tougher than anything I ever encountered in the military or anywhere else. This is far and away the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Nothing else comes close. We all need a place to vent our anger over what was done and this is the place to do it. We all get it in a way that most people cannot. Researchers who are looking at all of this from the outside need to hear that part of it as well. So.....vent away I say 😉😺😺😺😺

Current Psychiatric Medications

1. Paxil 10mg daily (a.m.) 2017 - Present
  2. Carbamazepine IR  190 mg twice daily (380mg Daily) 2011 - Present (Currently Tapering)

Past Psychiatric Medications From 1994 to August 2021   Seroquel (in Recovery since August 2021 final dose 6.25mg), Depakote, Lithium, Risperidone, Xanax, Lamotrigene, Olanzapine, Lorazepam, Welbutrin, Trazodone, Oxazepam, Gabapentin, Abilify, Topiramate, Prazosin, Ambien (See Attached Spreadsheet And Seroquel Tapering And WIthdrawal Summary)

Current Non Psychiatric Medications Levothyroxine 88mcg (a.m.)-Vitamin D3 1000 IU (p.m.)-Fexofenadine 180 mg twice daily -Clonidine 0.1 mg (p.m.)-Azelastine Nasal Spray

Other - Fish Oil Twice Daily-Multi-Vitamin (a.m.)-Vitamin C 1000mg Daily (a.m.)-Saline Nasal Spray-Salsalate 750mg twice daily PRN, Diclofenac Gel on affected joint PRN-Magnesium Citrate 250mg twice daily, Betaine HCL & Digestine Enzymes With Meals

Quitting Seroquel_A Vacation In Hell_Redacted.pdf

Other Documents https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/26099-feralcatman-recovering-from-seroquel/?do=findComment&comment=633907

@JesusSavemefromWD Posting here is part of fighting back against the system that did this to us. As a result of all of the stories and articles posted on these boards medicine at large is finally taking notice that there are problems with these medications that were never addressed and need to be. As stated in the New Years email from SurvivingAntidepressants, the UK Royal College of Psychiatry has issued some of the first official guidelines regarding withdrawal and that the problem of withdrawal needs to be better studied and addressed. Those guidelines were developed in part from information posted on this web site. So keep posting and in doing that you are already fighting back and making a difference. Well done for being brave enough to share and contribute. 👍

Current Psychiatric Medications

1. Paxil 10mg daily (a.m.) 2017 - Present
  2. Carbamazepine IR  190 mg twice daily (380mg Daily) 2011 - Present (Currently Tapering)

Past Psychiatric Medications From 1994 to August 2021   Seroquel (in Recovery since August 2021 final dose 6.25mg), Depakote, Lithium, Risperidone, Xanax, Lamotrigene, Olanzapine, Lorazepam, Welbutrin, Trazodone, Oxazepam, Gabapentin, Abilify, Topiramate, Prazosin, Ambien (See Attached Spreadsheet And Seroquel Tapering And WIthdrawal Summary)

Current Non Psychiatric Medications Levothyroxine 88mcg (a.m.)-Vitamin D3 1000 IU (p.m.)-Fexofenadine 180 mg twice daily -Clonidine 0.1 mg (p.m.)-Azelastine Nasal Spray

Other - Fish Oil Twice Daily-Multi-Vitamin (a.m.)-Vitamin C 1000mg Daily (a.m.)-Saline Nasal Spray-Salsalate 750mg twice daily PRN, Diclofenac Gel on affected joint PRN-Magnesium Citrate 250mg twice daily, Betaine HCL & Digestine Enzymes With Meals

Quitting Seroquel_A Vacation In Hell_Redacted.pdf

Other Documents https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/26099-feralcatman-recovering-from-seroquel/?do=findComment&comment=633907

4 minutes ago, FeralCatman said:

@JesusSavemefromWD Posting here is part of fighting back against the system that did this to us. As a result of all of the stories and articles posted on these boards medicine at large is finally taking notice that there are problems with these medications that were never addressed and need to be. As stated in the New Years email from SurvivingAntidepressants, the UK Royal College of Psychiatry has issued some of the first official guidelines regarding withdrawal and that the problem of withdrawal needs to be better studied and addressed. Those guidelines were developed in part from information posted on this web site. So keep posting and in doing that you are already fighting back and making a difference. Well done for being brave enough to share and contribute. 👍

Withdrawal is slowly starting to be recognized by some knowledgeable doctors and I am sure in 3-5 years things will get better . However, adverse reactions like mine lack recognition… Hard to convince family and friends what I have been suffering over 14 months is a result of few weeks on Zoloft more than a year ago but my husband and current doctor believe me and that’s all I need. I miss myself, I miss my life, I miss my family… i was ok before zoloft I was happy…. I feel lobotomized and to be honest I am starting to loose hope in my recovery after so many months off. Thank you for your messages …. I pray ur tapering is going well …. God bless you… 

Symptoms while on zoloft

@JesusSavemefromWD I took Zoloft too, for 4.5 months. do u relate to feeling like life is meaningless? I too used to be a very lighthearted person

SECOND TIME USING MEDICATION

> quetiapine (seroquel)

09/08/22 300 mg    10/24/22 400mg    11/02/22 500mg    01/02/23 700mg  03/09  650mg  04/20 600mg    05/12 550mg   06/11 500mg    07/15 450mg    07/29 400mg

FIRST TIME USING MEDICATION (sorry did not use mm/dd/year but dd/mm/year)

>    OLANZAPINE (ZYPREXA)

07/21 10mg      08/21 20mg       09/21 15 mg        10/21 10mg then 5mg     11/01/21 off Olanzapine

>    SERTRALINE (ZOLOFT)

08/21 100mg        09/21 supposedly 150mg as prescribed, 200mg as a mistake for a while       10/21 100mg        11/21 50mg       12/11/22 off Sertraline

>    LITHIUM
07/21 300mg (1 pill)        08/21 600mg        09/21 900mg (stabilized in blood tests)     10/21, 11/21, 12/21, 01/22 tapered off in the course of 2 weeks     02/22 off Lithium

14 minutes ago, BelaLugosi said:

@JesusSavemefromWD I took Zoloft too, for 4.5 months. do u relate to feeling like life is meaningless? I too used to be a very lighthearted person

I am sorry to hear you were put in this poison as well. No I don’t feel like is pointless, I want to live and I want to do so many simple everyday things but I simply can’t … Akathisia tortures me so hard that I can hardly take a 10 minutes walk and Dpdr makes everything look scary and fake so I can’t even lift my head and look around me cause I realize how detached I am from reality and loose my mind…. Pure torture 

Symptoms while on zoloft

On 1/3/2022 at 9:07 PM, ThatOneGirlStitch said:

Keep posting the truth. This site is used for research and besides that we want to know how you are really doing. Your mental health is more important than worrying if you will scare people.

Dear @JesusSavemefromWD

I second this - I hope there will be respite for you.  Until then you can only bear witness and live day to day.  I think everyone who writes here on this board is forming a sea of lived experience of iatrogenic damage against the pharmaceutical and psychiatric lie.  

Oaktree1

Currently tapering Mirtazapine; previously tapered Cymbalta 30mg from June 2018-Feb 2019 and Seroquel 150mg to zero from Oct-December 2020.

Supplements for Hashimoto's disease and histamine issues relating to Mirtazapine:   Vitamin D3 1,000mcg, bio-identical HRT, Selenium, Quercetin, Lutein, Zinc, Vitamin C, Omega 3.

Mirtazapine Taper: 2021 16th Aug -  transitioned to liquid from tablet by dissolving two 15mg tablets into a solution of 15 ml water and 15 ml maple syrup on a starting dose of what I thought was 7.5ml; 17 Sept  - 7.31; 24 Sept  - 7.13; 15 Oct  - 6.95; 6 Nov  - 6.78; 21 Nov  - 6.61; 5 Dec  - 6.51;

2022 - 1 Jan 6.41; 1 Feb  - 6.1; 9 Mar -  5.8; 13 Mar - 5.9; 7 Apr - 5.8; 21 Apr - 5.7; 7 May - 5.63; 23 May - 5.55; 8 June 5.50;  (got COVID on 12th June so held); 1 July 5.4; 15 July 5.32; 8 Aug 5.2; 15 Aug 5.1; 22 Aug 5; 19 Sept 4.9; 2 Oct 4.81; 13 Oct 4.71; (COVID Booster 17/10/22 so longer hold ); 1 Nov 4.65; 3 Nov 4.60; 10 Nov 4.55; 13 Nov 4.50; 17 Nov 4.45; 20 Nov 4.40;  2 Dec 4.30mg; 9 Dec 4.20mg; I discovered that the volumetric container measured 33ml rather than 30ml in Dec 2022. Following helpful advice from moderator OnMyWay (see her  reply of the 5th March) discovered taper with the dilution was 3.8mg (calculated by dividing 30/33 so that every 1ml of solution has  0.90ml of Mirtazapine.  7.50 - 0.90= 6.6ml which was the starting dose on 16th Aug 2021 not 7.5ml).  I decided to keep using the solution as I didn't want more change to deal with than I had to.

2023 17 Mar 4.1(3.7); 26 Mar 4.0(3.6); 14 Apr 3.9(3.51)28 Apr 3.8(3.42); 6 Jun 3.7(3.33); 19 Jun 3.6(3.24); 30 Jun 3.5(3.1); 19 Jul 3.4(3.06); 27 Jul 3.35 (3.01); 29 Jul 3.3 (2.97); 4 Aug 3.25 (2.92); 7 Aug 3.2 (2.88); 21 Aug 3.1 (2.79); 14.09 3 (2.7); 29th Sept 2.9(2.61); 15 Oct 2.8(2.52); 30 Oct 10 2.7(2.43); 13 Nov 2.65(2.38); 20 Nov 2.6(2.34); 26 Nov 2.55(2.29); 10 Dec 2.5(2.25); 

2024 - 14 Jan 2.45(2.20); 22 Jan 2.40(2.16); 29 Jan 2.35(2.11); 2 Feb 2.3 (2.07);15 Feb 2.25(2.02); 22 Feb 2.21 (1.98); 29 Feb 2.17(1.95); 7 Mar 2.13(1.91); 21 Mar 2.05 (1.84); 31 Mar 2.01 (1.80); 14 Apr 1.90 (1.71);

This is not 'medical advice' - my 'non medical advice' is don't get any more 'medical advice' or you may end up getting more 'medical treatment' i.e more drugs, DSM labels and/or ECT.   Please do not PM me thanks.

2 minutes ago, Oaktree1 said:

Dear @JesusSavemefromWD

I second this - I hope there will be respite for you.  Until then you can only bear witness and live day to day.  I think everyone who writes here on this board is forming a sea of lived experience of iatrogenic damage against the pharmaceutical and psychiatric lie.  

Oaktree1

Thank you…. It is really not my intention to scare people but expose the nude truth of what even short exposure to these poisons can do to people. I also need all the prayers and support I can get ….. thank you 

Symptoms while on zoloft

Tonight feels the worst I have been since my adverse reaction. My head is spinning, my brain feels on fire, my faces is getting a bit numb, buzzing through my head, vision more distorted than ever…. Sleep is not coming …. Haven’t changed anything or taken anything that could have brought this…..Zoloft did a real damage to my brain … it’s unbelievable the torture I am going through so many months and particularly tonight … I am scared for my life but I know there is no where to go to get help ….May God help me survive tonight as well…

Symptoms while on zoloft

Dear @JesusSavemefromWD You will get through this night even if it seems like the worst.I wasn't going to enter the forum but I did because I know that you generally post late at night.I have been through horrific sleepless nights for a whole year,this is my second year off meds and I sleep not more than 5 or 6 hours .I have fatigue ,visual issues among other lasting symptoms but, most of the physical symptoms have disappeared .I can only offer my support and insist on my suggestion to consult a well known critical psychiatrist.There might be some tools to alleviate your symptoms that we might not know. You don't need to explain to me anything because I have been reading your posts but I believe that you should explore whatever options are available ,an appointment via zoom in this case, so that a doctor can analyse your specific circumstances and give you a well grounded opinion. I am sending you a big hug and hope you get through this night and feel some relief .Try to relax,breathe and let's hope you can sleep .You are a strong lady and this awful night will pass.🌹🤗

Hi.sorry but my computer is too old.not working properly.I can only write from my phone.nevertheless i do not have drugs to list.only paroxetine.20 mg from 2009 to 2019.10 mg during 2019.sleeping pills for over 20 years.stopped everything december 2019.no drugs since then.forced cold turkey from december 2019.

12 hours ago, Overwhelmedlady said:

Dear @JesusSavemefromWD You will get through this night even if it seems like the worst.I wasn't going to enter the forum but I did because I know that you generally post late at night.I have been through horrific sleepless nights for a whole year,this is my second year off meds and I sleep not more than 5 or 6 hours .I have fatigue ,visual issues among other lasting symptoms but, most of the physical symptoms have disappeared .I can only offer my support and insist on my suggestion to consult a well known critical psychiatrist.There might be some tools to alleviate your symptoms that we might not know. You don't need to explain to me anything because I have been reading your posts but I believe that you should explore whatever options are available ,an appointment via zoom in this case, so that a doctor can analyse your specific circumstances and give you a well grounded opinion. I am sending you a big hug and hope you get through this night and feel some relief .Try to relax,breathe and let's hope you can sleep .You are a strong lady and this awful night will pass.🌹🤗

Thank you for your message… I got 4-5 hrs of sleep and woke up in the same hell. I have spoke with 2 psychiatrists one of them is quite often referred in this site as a very good and knowledgeable psychiatrist, they both told me I have three options. Taking into account my unbearable situation 14+ months out they suggested 1. Reinstate Zoloft 2. Try benzos 3. Try Prozac; one of them also suggested a low dose of an antipsychotic cause she saw in how much distress I was. 

I feel my brain so damaged that I don’t know if it can tolerate any drugs at this point but my situation is not livable anymore I swear to God. All day long I am in bed moaning with severe inner Akathisia (it does subside late afternoon) and so bad Dpdr that I try to keep my eyes closed all the time to reduce the feeling of disconnection. If I get out of bed for few minutes I feel like a chicken walking around without a head , that’s how severe my DP is. I really don’t see any point keep waiting for a miraculous lift of DP after over a year … I don’t have such a hope anymore…. I am at despair mainly because of the DPdr and distorted reality due to weird visual issues. I don’t think I can last much longer like this …. But scared to death of reinstating and making things worst … I didn’t have this constant Dpdr while on low doses or Zoloft (10mg) , I had other bad side effects but much preferred than this dreadful Dpdr that became very severe and constant after dropping below 5-6mg Zoloft. I spoke with a girl who suffered as severe dpdr as mine but from ecstasy and she said she prefers cancer over this and I agree. She got out of this horrible DP by few months on Zoloft … the exact same drug that brought this to me after I discontinued it…it’s a mess, it’s hell on earth, it’s playing Russian roulette with our brain…. I was ok before zoloft, very ok, happy … human … now I am a zombie investing my hopes on the same drug that damaged me … satanic situation that I have no idea how to get out from..,,, May God guide me …. I am lost…

Symptoms while on zoloft

• Mentor

This can be so scary and unrelenting at times.  I know all about the burning brain, numbness on the face and the  buzzing brain.  This has pretty constant for around  9-10 months.  The intensity is getting better, but in horrible waves/or over stimulated it get worse.  

Hopefully this is a sign that some major work is getting done on your brain and things will be better then before.  That's what they say around here.  When it is the worst the brain is working hard and then many have claimed to feel better once the wave passes.

Did you ever read the story "What's Happening in Your Brain" by a woman recovering from Benzo?  It really helps me when I get to the end of cliff and start to wonder if I will ever heal with all the crazy things going on with me.  Here is a link if your interested

http://What is happening in your brain?

Here is a link the Documentary Medicating Normal.  this is their web site.  You can rent it for a small fee http:// www.medicatingnormal.com 

Hopefully these both will give a boost of encouragement to get through this horrible time.

Please know that many of us  feel your pain and wish we could do more for you❤️

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

2 minutes ago, Greatful said:

This can be so scary and unrelenting at times.  I know all about the burning brain, numbness on the face and the  buzzing brain.  This has pretty constant for around  9-10 months.  The intensity is getting better, but in horrible waves/or over stimulated it get worse.  

Hopefully this is a sign that some major work is getting done on your brain and things will be better then before.  That's what they say around here.  When it is the worst the brain is working hard and then many have claimed to feel better once the wave passes.

Did you ever read the story "What's Happening in Your Brain" by a woman recovering from Benzo?  It really helps me when I get to the end of cliff and start to wonder if I will ever heal with all the crazy things going on with me.  Here is a link if your interested

Here is a link the Documentary Medicating Normal.  this is their web site.  You can rent it for a small fee http:// www.medicatingnormal.com 

Hopefully these both will give a boost of encouragement to get through this horrible time.

Thank you … still hard to believe so severe suffering after just few weeks of Zoloft…  when I feel my brain burning and like things walking inside my skull and my face going numb I say to myself what you said “it’s ok, some receptors are probably regenerating themselves, it’s a good thing”… I just don’t know how much longer I can say this and keep suffering so badly. I really feel I ll loose my life if I don’t do smg like reinstating and praying it works … it’s that bad…, thank you again. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

7 minutes ago, Greatful said:

Are you feeling better as you keep tapering?

Symptoms while on zoloft

@JesusSavemefromWD

I think it's best if you ask altostrata, before you do anything. 

If i was you I wouldn't reinstate, God knows how you will react. And what are benzos gonna do? You can only take them max 2 weeks and then you get addicted. Benzo withdrawal is horrible too. It seems very interesting to me that these psychiatrists only solution is to give meds again??? Why Prozac? 

At least to me it doesn't make sense at all if you had an adverse reaction. 

Greetings 

Kosta 

Nov 2019 to march 2020 tapered by 37,5mg to cero. (breakdown, minor w/d symptoms for a few days only panic attacks followed by deep depression came a month later duo to stress). 

Nov 2020 to April 2021 tapering by 15mg every month or so until I reached approximately 50 mg(no w/d symptoms) 

Since April 2021 tapered once by 5% and once by 10% of the last dose because I'm not stable enough for w/d. 

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

@JesusSavemefromWD

I have heard of an concept called healing crisis(maybe read on it), this may explain you're worsening symptoms. 

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

2 minutes ago, kostakonkordia said:

@JesusSavemefromWD

I think it's best if you ask altostrata, before you do anything. 

If i was you I wouldn't reinstate, God knows how you will react. And what are benzos gonna do? You can only take them max 2 weeks and then you get addicted. Benzo withdrawal is horrible too. It seems very interesting to me that these psychiatrists only solution is to give meds again??? Why Prozac? 

At least to me it doesn't make sense at all if you had an adverse reaction. 

Greetings 

Kosta 

Yea I have rejected benzo choice , will only offer temporary relief but some psychiatrists think it helps Akathisia . My worst symptom is dpdr though. I did have adverse reaction but felt 100 times worst after stopping completely… my life is at risk I really have to do smg … Prozac has a longer half life and cuts theoretically easier to withdraw in the future plus I am a normal metabolizer for Prozac while a rapid for Zoloft and being a rapid metabolizer isn’t good. thanks anyways 

Symptoms while on zoloft

I understand you're desperation and it's hard to read what you are expiriencing but doing something about it brought you in youre situation(me too). Doctors always want to do something about it instead of waiting. Most psychological problems resolve over time... 

Please contact Altostrata!!! 

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

2 hours ago, Greatful said:

I just finished watching the movie , it wasn’t easy to focus due to my dpdr but I pushed myself to finish it. These people have been on many medications for years and suffered coming off but they now seem functional or at least semi functional. It makes me wonder if I only took zoloft for few weeks and I am a bedridden vegetable 14+ months later (it’s hard to even think about doing laundry or reading a book) I am afraid smg really bad has happened to my brain and recovery might be impossible no matter how long I wait no matter if I reinstate or not… hopeless….. so sorry for what I did to my self and my kids by putting this very first pill Zoloft poison in my mouth …. But it wasn’t my fault … I asked so many times if it’s safe and I got reassured by multiple doctors … life is unfair… people loose their life at young ages due to a disease or an accident , I guess I lost it from Zoloft. It doesn’t really matter my body is still here, my brain and soul are gone …. and every day feels the same…. This is not depression talking, I am not depressed, I feel like and want to do many things, but the evil trap of depersonalization and Akathisia just don’t allow me to get out of bed or out of the house. It didn’t have to be this way … I hope Pfizer goes to hell 

Symptoms while on zoloft

Have you contacted Altostrata. With her experience maybe she can give you more insight or if you need to reinstate tell you how best to proceed.
This is not your fault. If we get through this we will send Pfizer to the f****** moon. 

Current: Bupropion 450mg, Neurontin 800mg, Klonopin 0.5mg

History:

July 2020: started Cogentin 1mg, Lamictal 50mg, Zoloft 150mg, Zyprexa 5mg (+5mg as needed), Klonopin 0.5mg

November 2020: stopped all meds cold-turkey

February 2021: started Latuda 60mg, Lithium 300mg, Melatonin 5mg, Protonix 40mg, Topamax 25mg

2 weeks later: stopped Topamax, increased Lithium 900mg, started Klonopin 1mg, Lexapro 20mg, Neurontin 400mg

April 2021: started Bupropion 150mg, Revia ?mg

May 2021: stopped ReviaProtonixLexaproincreased Neurontin 800mg, started Celexa 10mg

August 2021: decreased Celexa 5mg (stopped Celexa 2 weeks later), increased Bupropion 300mg

September 2021: increased Latuda 80mg

October 2021: decreased Lithium 600mg for 4 daysLithium 300mg for 4 daysstopped LithiumLatuda

increased Bupropion 450mg, started Remeron 15mg, decreased Remeron 7.5mg, stopped Remeron

• Moderator Emeritus

@ThatOneGirlStitch

Please see Alto's response to this member:

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Mentor

How are you doing?  You made it another day. 🌞

Did you watch the Documentary?  I think all Doctors, therapist, anyone in the mental health field should watch this.  Your a neuroscientist right?  Pass this link on to your fellow peers.

Have you talked to any of your peers and see what there take is one what is happening to you? How about your doctor, what in the world do they have to say about this?  You said your hubby is a physician,  is he learning about these drugs and passing it on to his peers.

I have D/R D/P also but no where to the extent that you do.  I can't stand it as it is, I fight against it trying to clear my brain/thinking and get more grounded in where I am at.  It is super frustrating when you can attain that goal.  Do you get brain panic, where your brain is frantic and is trying to find away out.  I often tell me hubby I can't think, I can't think, meaning I can't think a thought all the way through.

We are here for you❤️ 

25 minutes ago, Greatful said:

How are you doing?  You made it another day. 🌞

Did you watch the Documentary?  I think all Doctors, therapist, anyone in the mental health field should watch this.  Your a neuroscientist right?  Pass this link on to your fellow peers.

Have you talked to any of your peers and see what there take is one what is happening to you? How about your doctor, what in the world do they have to say about this?  You said your hubby is a physician,  is he learning about these drugs and passing it on to his peers.

I have D/R D/P also but no where to the extent that you do.  I can't stand it as it is, I fight against it trying to clear my brain/thinking and get more grounded in where I am at.  It is super frustrating when you can attain that goal.  Do you get brain panic, where your brain is frantic and is trying to find away out.  I often tell me hubby I can't think, I can't think, meaning I can't think a thought all the way through.

We are here for you❤️ 

I watched the movie, glad to see these people are getting back to living. Yes I get the brain panic can’t think symptom but it’s all due to the dpdr. I really can’t live with this torture anymore. My ex colleagues and ex collaborators (many of them doctors) don’t believe this was caused to me by Zoloft. My husband and family friends who are doctors believe it. Doesn’t make much of a difference the suffering is the same. My current doctor says she s never seen this but she believes it was all caused by Zoloft (especially after I brought to her attention the “woodymatters.com” story with the guy having similar symptoms as mine during short exposure at 25mg Zoloft. she says she doesn’t know what should be done but she is willing to support whatever I choose like staying of drugs or trying to reinstate because I wasn’t feeling that horrific at very low doses like 10 mg or so. Don’t know how to do this anymore… how to live doing nothing all day long cause ur brain is destroyed…. Do you have any windows feeling “ok-ish”? My Akathisia is in waves windows pattern but the dpdr is constant… I feel I can’t last much longer at my current status … Thanks for reaching out again .

Symptoms while on zoloft

I am so tech challenged so this is my second attempt to send a message to you.The other disappeared. Grrr.

Anyway dear @JesusSavemefromWD, my heart so goes out to you. In this ordeal, I cry out to HIM with very lttle relief. Lately though I believe, I am onto something by HIS grace.I found some fellow, Aaron Kim, on YouTube. I will hopefully be able to send a link.Anyway he speaks so powerfully about learning to suffer well. He appeals to the suffering saint, which you certainly are. Additionally, I have looked into his recommendation for learning ways to live a Galatians 2:20 life. Surrendering all so HE lives HIS live in and through. Jargon perhaps but once grasped, so liberating.Also I have been trying to beef up avenues of support. Have you met with MICHEAL PRIEBE for coaching? He is a believer who has has himself tapered from benzos and paxil. Then I have started listening to a priest on an app called HALLOW. He is doing the bible in a year.Have you watched the show THE CHOSEN? It is on an app called THE CHOSEN. It is a series that is crowd funded and watched by millions all over the globe.I have much more that I believe  God has added to bring healing to me. That may not be an absence of symptoms but a supernatural way of responding.I am a Jewish woman who encountered Jesus many years ago. If it were not for Him ..well no doubt I would be dead.

Today, I have hope. It has been 2  1/2 years and I am far from tapered. But now I am investing in learning a new way of surrendering. THAT brings hope.Again, I am so sorry for your pain. Do you read the bible? I have more questions but brain fatigue. I will send Aarons link.Jesus please fill her with YOUR hope.

Love,Benesh

• 2019  start taper June bupropion 300 mg. Now resuming micro dose taper.2.3% reduction. At 51.8 mg.Hope to increase reduction. 
  • working with mark Horowitz, a taper coach, and doing acupuncture and chiropractic work.
  • SUPPLEMENTS- Vit d3, B-12, Magnesium 200 mg, Ashwagandha 475mg, lithium  oratate 5 mg

https://livinghopeministry.net/
voila here is his link. 

24 minutes ago, benesh said:

I am so tech challenged so this is my second attempt to send a message to you.The other disappeared. Grrr.

Anyway dear @JesusSavemefromWD, my heart so goes out to you. In this ordeal, I cry out to HIM with very lttle relief. Lately though I believe, I am onto something by HIS grace.I found some fellow, Aaron Kim, on YouTube. I will hopefully be able to send a link.Anyway he speaks so powerfully about learning to suffer well. He appeals to the suffering saint, which you certainly are. Additionally, I have looked into his recommendation for learning ways to live a Galatians 2:20 life. Surrendering all so HE lives HIS live in and through. Jargon perhaps but once grasped, so liberating.Also I have been trying to beef up avenues of support. Have you met with MICHEAL PRIEBE for coaching? He is a believer who has has himself tapered from benzos and paxil. Then I have started listening to a priest on an app called HALLOW. He is doing the bible in a year.Have you watched the show THE CHOSEN? It is on an app called THE CHOSEN. It is a series that is crowd funded and watched by millions all over the globe.I have much more that I believe  God has added to bring healing to me. That may not be an absence of symptoms but a supernatural way of responding.I am a Jewish woman who encountered Jesus many years ago. If it were not for Him ..well no doubt I would be dead.

Today, I have hope. It has been 2  1/2 years and I am far from tapered. But now I am investing in learning a new way of surrendering. THAT brings hope.Again, I am so sorry for your pain. Do you read the bible? I have more questions but brain fatigue. I will send Aarons link.Jesus please fill her with YOUR hope.

Love,Benesh

Thank you for your message and for the link. I don’t know how much longer I can survive this torture but your words help. I have been praying to Jesus since I can remember myself but to be honest have very little strength during this suffering to keep praying. It just feels so unfair I suffer so much for so long after such a short exposure. M. Priebbe healed as have others in this site and I am happy for them but that really makes me more desperate because if people healed after long time exposure in drugs and I still suffer so severely 14+ months after such a short exposure, there is smg really bad going on with me. I don’t want people to think I have had no improvements , I had but they are minor and don’t allow me to have any quality of life … just some hope that He hasn’t forgotten me or my family and He will take me out of this nightmare one day… I hope you are able to function a bit during the day…… take care ….

Symptoms while on zoloft

4 hours ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

Thank you for your message and for the link. I don’t know how much longer I can survive this torture but your words help. I have been praying to Jesus since I can remember myself but to be honest have very little strength during this suffering to keep praying. It just feels so unfair I suffer so much for so long after such a short exposure. M. Priebbe healed as have others in this site and I am happy for them but that really makes me more desperate because if people healed after long time exposure in drugs and I still suffer so severely 14+ months after such a short exposure, there is smg really bad going on with me. I don’t want people to think I have had no improvements , I had but they are minor and don’t allow me to have any quality of life … just some hope that He hasn’t forgotten me or my family and He will take me out of this nightmare one day… I hope you are able to function a bit during the day…… take care ….

Michael Priebe took years to recover it was not a quick thing for him. and I have seen and talked to MANY people over my almost 4 years in this that took much longer than 14 months to recover from an adverse reaction so you are definitely not alone. 

April 2011 - citalopram 20 mg

April 2018 - tapered in 4 weeks

Nov 2018 - reinstated 20 mg

Stopped 8 days later bad reaction

November 5 2020 - reinstated citalopram 0.5mg. Increase to 1mg

November 10 2020 - stopped citalopram.  

December 8 2020 - reinstate 2.5mg citalopram. Stayed on until December 17

December 20 2020 - discontinue citalopram again 

Dec 2020 - start ativan for akathisia 

Nov 2020 to Jan 2021 - tried low dose Seroquel, Risperidone, Luvox, Zoloft and Prozac. just added symptoms no benefit

Feb 2021 - ativan went paradoxical. landed in hospital. cold turkeyed.

Totally drug free since Feb 21, 2021

8 hours ago, Daisygirlsk said:

Michael Priebe took years to recover it was not a quick thing for him. and I have seen and talked to MANY people over my almost 4 years in this that took much longer than 14 months to recover from an adverse reaction so you are definitely not alone. 

I don’t mean to underplay anyone’s suffering from these drugs but he was on an SSRi and a benzo for years and he posted he was doing much better after 18 months. He was also able to work during the whole time…. I was on a single drug for few weeks and I have been bedridden for 14+ months and believe me this not because I am not a strong person , but just that Akathisia and depersonalization are two beasts that get you completely dysfunctional…. He had none of these two symptoms… still I know he suffered a lot and he made it and I am happy for him and the fact he has spoken out to help others . Take care and thank you for posting in my thread . I hope you are doing ok.

Symptoms while on zoloft