JesusSavemefromWD: only 3.5 weeks sertraline enough to destroy me

JesusSavemefromWD

11 hours ago, Greatful said:

I read this is the book The Antidepressant Solution by Joseph Glemullen M.D.

Akathesia has 2 sides or faces, outer “adjective restlessness” and inner, “subjective agitation”

The outer visible restlessness is caused by akathisia particularly and affects the legs and can be mild, moderate or severe.  In mild cases , patients find it difficult to sit or stand comfortably. They may adjust their posture frequently, shift their weight from one foot to the other while standing, or crossing  and uncrossing  their leg while sitting.  In moderate cases patients are more visibly jittery and fidgety, Tapping their feet on the floor or pacing.  In severe cases, patients are visibly agitated, find it difficult to sit still, and are driven to pace back and forth.

The inner “subjective agitation” of akathisia is, in fact, it’s more dangerous side .

This drug induced state can include anxiety, tension, irritability, hostility, paranoia, rage reactions and violence.

“Akathisia has been described in medical journals as causing “object terror” in patients. Akathisia is unlike anything the patient has ever experienced before.  Patients report: “ I feel like I am going to explode, like the molecules inside my body are all sped up, bursting against my skin”  “ I feel like my bones are like tuning forks rattling in my body.”  I feel like I am living twenty four hours a day with the sensations of nails scratching up and down a black-board.” “ I feel like I have caffeine running in my veins.”  “ I feel like jumping out of my skin.”

Writing in medical journals, experts describe akathisia as “more difficult to endure than any of the symptoms for which they (patients) had been originally treated.”  

The abnormal body sensation and anxiety make it difficult for patients to think clearly, leaving them feelings of confusion and unreality.  Indeed, as part of akathisia patients may experience  depersonalization, an” out- of -body- experience” in which they feel outside themselves, observing themselves, horrified by their suicidal or violent behavior, but unable to stop themselves.  Experts refer to the effects of akathisia as a form of “behavior toxicity” of antidepressants. 

Boy does this fit my inner akathisia.  I also have body shaking, tingling in the body mostly arms and legs, inner restlessness, tense, brain panic and the frozen inside, fight or flight mode but feel frozen inside.. When really bad it can feel like I am plugged into a outlet brain and all.

So guess what we can get it from the drugs and in WD. 🥴

I am still perplexed  on how they say-----You will find the full affects when you start these drugs in about 2 - 12 weeks, Why in the world does it take our brains  months and months to return to normal........😥

You a neuroscientist  please tell me our brains are healing everyday😊

Do any of your peers know what is going on with all the destruction these meds can have on the brain and human body.  Do they participate in any development of these drugs?

Here is to another day of waiting it out and letting time pull us slowly into the future❤️

Sorry for ur suffering. Mental Akathisia is the worst symptom, along with the depersonalization I often feel I am going insane (literally). 
My expertise is in neurological movement disorders and I don’t have a clear scientific explanation  (I don’t think even neuroscientists working on psychiatric drugs have a clear explanation) of how is possible these drugs to hurt us so much even months after discontinuation, but in an effort to answer ur question why it takes few weeks for ADs to start having an effect but years of recovery after quitting, well think it only takes seconds to break ur arm or leg in an accident but it can take months to recover… similarly a brain injury can take a few seconds (car accident, concussion, evil ADs) to happen but brain repair will take much longer cause neurons are very delicate cells and cannot renew themselves in adults (no neurogenesis) but neuroplasticity does take place and helps the brain heal. That’s what I hope to get us out of this situation…neuroplasticity…. I just can’t believe it’s taking so long. Stay strong…. Can’t last for ever …

Aug. 16-17, 2020, cipralex: went CRAZY! Recovered in 24hrs

Aug.28,2020; 3.5 weeks 25mg sertraline/4.5 weeks taper

Oct. 25: Last dose (4mg)

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

- sleep & appetite are fine

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

Another day in the deaths of DP hell and Akathisia- 410 days of these so far, just for few weeks of Zoloft… still hard to believe ….. Sleeping good at nights praying and hoping to wake up to a miracle of a DP free day….

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

On 12/12/2021 at 9:58 PM, JesusSavemefromWD said:

Thanks for the update. I also wish I had reinstated instead of hoping that symptoms would go away with time … 14 months off still bedridden/housebound but too scared to go back on the AD. Reading ur story makes me wonder if reinstating would save me as well. I know it’s risky and a very individual thing …. Anyways, happy to hear reinstating worked for you. God bless 

I don't think reinstatement would have been the same for you as you had adverse reactions.  thecowisback was on prozac for 20 years and did well on it.  Completely different situation.

April 2011 - citalopram 20 mg

April 2018 - tapered in 4 weeks

Nov 2018 - reinstated 20 mg

Stopped 8 days later bad reaction

November 5 2020 - reinstated citalopram 0.5mg. Increase to 1mg

November 10 2020 - stopped citalopram.  

December 8 2020 - reinstate 2.5mg citalopram. Stayed on until December 17

December 20 2020 - discontinue citalopram again 

Dec 2020 - start ativan for akathisia 

Nov 2020 to Jan 2021 - tried low dose Seroquel, Risperidone, Luvox, Zoloft and Prozac. just added symptoms no benefit

Feb 2021 - ativan went paradoxical. landed in hospital. cold turkeyed.

Totally drug free since Feb 21, 2021

6 hours ago, Daisygirlsk said:

I don't think reinstatement would have been the same for you as you had adverse reactions.  thecowisback was on prozac for 20 years and did well on it.  Completely different situation.

Yes I see ur point but I also became 100x worst after quitting, so I guess my brain got addicted to this freaking poison within 2-3 weeks of taking it . How are u feeling?

Symptoms while on zoloft

1 hour ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

Yes I see ur point but I also became 100x worst after quitting, so I guess my brain got addicted to this freaking poison within 2-3 weeks of taking it . How are u feeling?

very poorly 

April 2011 - citalopram 20 mg

April 2018 - tapered in 4 weeks

Nov 2018 - reinstated 20 mg

Stopped 8 days later bad reaction

November 5 2020 - reinstated citalopram 0.5mg. Increase to 1mg

November 10 2020 - stopped citalopram.  

December 8 2020 - reinstate 2.5mg citalopram. Stayed on until December 17

December 20 2020 - discontinue citalopram again 

Dec 2020 - start ativan for akathisia 

Nov 2020 to Jan 2021 - tried low dose Seroquel, Risperidone, Luvox, Zoloft and Prozac. just added symptoms no benefit

Feb 2021 - ativan went paradoxical. landed in hospital. cold turkeyed.

Totally drug free since Feb 21, 2021

• Moderator Emeritus

@JesusSavemefromWD @Daisygirlsk

I've moved your discussion from thecowisback's Introduction topic.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 2 weeks later...

14 months since adverse reaction…, no life, just surviving every day with Akathisia, severe depersonalization and anhedonia among other less horrific symptoms . Some improvement in my vision gives me some hope that my brain is capable of healing one day, but not sure how much longer I can survive this torture. Too high of a price to pay for few weeks in Zoloft poison. I am closing my eyes forcing myself to dream that maybe by next Christmas I ll be able to join my family in the Christmas table instead of being in my room suffering like a caged wounded animal, or I should better say zombie, cause animals have feelings , I don’t I am flat just suffering…. Hardly connect to my own kids. How is it possible that a drug disconnects a mother from her own kids? Sorry I have not much positive to report other than I am still alive and drug free. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

15 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

Sorry I have not much positive to report other than I am still alive and drug free. 

You are posting. I find that positive. I am glad when you post. Even when you feel like there is nothing to report.

I was thinking about you today.  I hope this doesn’t sound selfish as I know you are really going through it, but I’m glad you are here.

You shouldn’t be in this torture. But if you have moments that are more bareable, make it to those moments. Sometimes it’s the only way through. I thought I read recently you had a moment of relative peace. I was so glad to hear it. If it can come once it can come again.

1 hour ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

Hardly connect to my own kids. How is it possible that a drug disconnects a mother from her own kids?

I hate this feeling. It feels wrong. But you do care. Hardly connect is something.

I know I care about these people. My brain is not letting me feel it. The fact I have any connection to them at all when I no longer do for others tells me I care. It’s awful it won’t let us feel it and it makes it hard to interact.

33 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

Akathisia, severe depersonalization and anhedonia among other less horrific symptoms

I’ve been wanting to ask you. But I felt like you would have already tried it. So please forgive me if this sounds ignorant. Does a weighted blanket help the Akathisia any?

I also spent the holiday in my room. Life is very limited. It’s ok not handling it with grace. It’s ok to be screaming into our pillows. We make it to the next day and I don’t know if that is brave, but right now that is enough. I have seen people say that they were bed bound for a long time and healed. I keep those stories close. 

Current: Bupropion 450mg, Neurontin 800mg, Klonopin 0.5mg

History:

July 2020: started Cogentin 1mg, Lamictal 50mg, Zoloft 150mg, Zyprexa 5mg (+5mg as needed), Klonopin 0.5mg

November 2020: stopped all meds cold-turkey

February 2021: started Latuda 60mg, Lithium 300mg, Melatonin 5mg, Protonix 40mg, Topamax 25mg

2 weeks later: stopped Topamax, increased Lithium 900mg, started Klonopin 1mg, Lexapro 20mg, Neurontin 400mg

April 2021: started Bupropion 150mg, Revia ?mg

May 2021: stopped ReviaProtonixLexaproincreased Neurontin 800mg, started Celexa 10mg

August 2021: decreased Celexa 5mg (stopped Celexa 2 weeks later), increased Bupropion 300mg

September 2021: increased Latuda 80mg

October 2021: decreased Lithium 600mg for 4 daysLithium 300mg for 4 daysstopped LithiumLatuda

increased Bupropion 450mg, started Remeron 15mg, decreased Remeron 7.5mg, stopped Remeron

8 minutes ago, ThatOneGirlStitch said:

You are posting. I find that positive. I am glad when you post. Even when you feel like there is nothing to report.

I was thinking about you today.  I hope this doesn’t sound selfish as I know you are really going through it, but I’m glad you are here.

You shouldn’t be in this torture. But if you have moments that are more bareable, make it to those moments. Sometimes it’s the only way through. I thought I read recently you had a moment of relative peace. I was so glad to hear it. If it can come once it can come again.

I hate this feeling. It feels wrong. But you do care. Hardly connect is something.

I know I care about these people. My brain is not letting me feel it. The fact I have any connection to them at all when I no longer do for others tells me I care. It’s awful it won’t let us feel it and it makes it hard to interact.

I’ve been wanting to ask you. But I felt like you would have already tried it. So please forgive me if this sounds ignorant. Does a weighted blanket help the Akathisia any?

I also spent the holiday in my room. Life is very limited. It’s ok not handling it with grace. It’s ok to be screaming into our pillows. We make it to the next day and I don’t know if that is brave, but right now that is enough. I have seen people say that they were bed bound for a long time and healed. I keep those stories close. 

Thank you for writing ….. I do get moments of peace in my soul but I never ever escape the depersonalization hell, it’s constant and it’s my most debilitating symptom. Even if all symptoms subsided, the DP alone is enough to debilitate me. It’s severe……On the other hand if the DP would let up I would be able to take the other symptoms cause they are in waves and windows. Thank you for suggesting the blanket but my Akathisia is not physical, it’s not the pacing thing, it’s mental and emotional Akathisia….
The more time it goes by the more I loose hope…. I know I ve been told adverse reactions healing time is 2-3 years but based on my minor improvements I have hard time believing in my healing.
I think of you as well, pray for ur recovery and follow ur posts. This suffering is so unbearable and non fair …. It feels like a bad dream …. How can a pill do this to us and why our brain isn’t recovering so long after… I should know as a neuroscientist but  I know nothing…. Blows my mind away this suffering for so long. Every day it’s so bad that I want to go inpatient but I know there is nothing they can do (just make me worst probably) and they will laugh at me if I say I suffer from Zoloft 14 months later… it feels like there is no way out except time…. One year, 2 months, 2 days and few hours since this torture started … don’t know how much more strength I have to endure this . 

Symptoms while on zoloft

3 hours ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

14 months since adverse reaction…, no life, just surviving every day with Akathisia, severe depersonalization and anhedonia among other less horrific symptoms . Some improvement in my vision gives me some hope that my brain is capable of healing one day, but not sure how much longer I can survive this torture. Too high of a price to pay for few weeks in Zoloft poison. I am closing my eyes forcing myself to dream that maybe by next Christmas I ll be able to join my family in the Christmas table instead of being in my room suffering like a caged wounded animal, or I should better say zombie, cause animals have feelings , I don’t I am flat just suffering…. Hardly connect to my own kids. How is it possible that a drug disconnects a mother from her own kids? Sorry I have not much positive to report other than I am still alive and drug free. 

Please Trust that this does get better. I totally understand every single symptom you named off but the disconnected from kids hits really hard to home for me. It does get better. Idk if I got better faster due to my diet or just by luck idk what factor made me heal up alot. I ate tons of fish and celery. My vision is still rough. If I'm tired my symptoms spike alot. Alot of things I just pushed myself to do because I didn't want to miss out on. Family events and holidays especially. I know you will see the light out of this. Your brain will and is healing rather you see it. I thought i would never get better ,I didnt want to  miss out on holidays and events anymore. You will get better and I know you will see a brighter day then these days

Edited by Lostinwonderland
Missing

January -February celexa 40mg for 11 days. Adverse reaction cold turkey

April-May Zoloft for 30 days cold turkey. 

No further meds since then

Symptoms 

No appetite

Dpdr

Vision impairment 

Cognitive impairment

Severe memory lost

26 minutes ago, Lostinwonderland said:

Please Trust that this does get better. I totally understand every single symptom you named off but the disconnected from kids hits really hard to home for me. It does get better. Idk if I got better faster due to my diet or just by luck idk what factor made me heal up alot. I ate tons of fish and celery. My vision is still rough. If I'm tired my symptoms spike alot. Alot of things I just pushed myself to do because I didn't want to miss out on. Family events and holidays especially. I know you will see the light out of this. Your brain will and is healing rather you see it. I thought i would never get better ,I didnt want to  miss out on holidays and events anymore. You will get better and I know you will see a brighter day then these days

Thank you for ur encouragement but I really feel nothing anymore…. Can’t even believe how empty I am…. My diet is good and I sleep fine but that doesn’t seem to help with my depersonalization, anhedonia and Akathisia. Thank you again ….. good to know you are doing so much better , i just don’t think I ll be one of the lucky ones to recover from an adverse reaction 

Symptoms while on zoloft

Dear @JesusSavemefromWDI am reading you and I feel for you.just wanted to send you a big hug.I am also going through very dark days.You had some improvements so please hold on.You have a lot to fight for.You do have feelings.You reached out to some of us who are feeling desperate as well.I always have you in my thoughts.You are a kind soul and lent me your hand in my darkest nights.I am here for you as well.🌹💙😢

Hi.sorry but my computer is too old.not working properly.I can only write from my phone.nevertheless i do not have drugs to list.only paroxetine.20 mg from 2009 to 2019.10 mg during 2019.sleeping pills for over 20 years.stopped everything december 2019.no drugs since then.forced cold turkey from december 2019.

9 hours ago, Overwhelmedlady said:

Dear @JesusSavemefromWDI am reading you and I feel for you.just wanted to send you a big hug.I am also going through very dark days.You had some improvements so please hold on.You have a lot to fight for.You do have feelings.You reached out to some of us who are feeling desperate as well.I always have you in my thoughts.You are a kind soul and lent me your hand in my darkest nights.I am here for you as well.🌹💙😢

Thank you ….. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

Has anyone had severe DPDR due to antidepressants withdrawal and has fully recovered? Please post to give me some hope…. i really can’t take this symptom anymore, it’s like I am buried alive, I can push through all the other symptoms but not the Dpdr. Even success stories I read here, the DPDR has not healed…. I am desperate despise seeing slight improvements in its intensity. I am trying to stay strong saying if there is a trend for improvement it ll go away eventually but the improvements are so small they provide no strong relief other than giving me some hope for healing. I can’t live much longer prisoned inside my head and with the world looking fake. It’s out of human limits to do this …, 

Symptoms while on zoloft

• Moderator Emeritus

Search results for depersonalization in the Success stories area of SA:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/search/?q=depersonalization

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

2 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Search results for depersonalization in the Success stories area of SA:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/search/?q=depersonalization

Thanks, I have done so and it’s scary… the vast of people with DP posting in this thread haven’t recovered. I think only undiagnosed1 mentions he recovered from Dpdr. Take care 

Symptoms while on zoloft

@JesusSavemefromWD

Hi, 

Just read into you're threat a bit.  What you are going through seems horrible... I'm sorry for you. 

I looked at the DP success Story's and almost everyone seems to recover. I'm really interested in psychoanalysis and some authors say that DP comes from stress and anxiety that the psyche cannot handle, so it shuts off all feelings, it's the same for ocd, there people try to control their fear with compulsive behaviors(I unfortunately have both myself since my last taper attempt...). 

I know youre DP comes from the meds, but maybe try to do something against you're anxiety,(breathing technics really help me, I think these can also help you're recovery as the brain needs alot of oxygen. interestingly when I breath deep enough I get aroused... Just a side note ;). ) maybe it gets a little bit better. You probably know all of this and people said it a 100 times to you but meditation and acceptance may help you. I'm currently also suffering from DP which is really awful, I feel so alienated from all people. But I have faith, for you too. So many people have recovered why not you? Altrostrata said everyone can recover given enough time. Yea I know it maybe takes years, but it's you're only life, i don't know how old you are but you will have so many more years wd free infront of you.

Are you're friends and family understandive? Are you currently in a relationship? Love can heal so much wounds, it also makes sense because I once watched a documentary about a guy who had a stroke, he was completely disabled couldn't walk, eat, speak, I think he wasn't even aware like he was half dead... But his girlfriend lovingly cared for him and now he is on his way of recovering. 

So don't loose hope, think of what you're gonna do after wd. 

I wish you all the best. 

Greetings 

Kosta

Ad's since 2016 (I was 16 then...) (Escitalopram) 

Nov 2018 switch to venlafaxin 150mg

Nov 2019 to march 2020 tapered by 37,5mg to cero. (breakdown, minor w/d symptoms for a few days only panic attacks followed by deep depression came a month later duo to stress). 

Reinstated venla 150mg in Juli 2020.

Nov 2020 to April 2021 tapering by 15mg every month or so until I reached approximately 50 mg(no w/d symptoms) 

Since April 2021 tapered once by 5% and once by 10% of the last dose because I'm not stable enough for w/d. 

Current dose 50mg venlafaxin

No other medication. 

No supplements

Stopped smoking 29.12.2021

No alcohol 

46 minutes ago, kostakonkordia said:

@JesusSavemefromWD

Hi, 

Just read into you're threat a bit.  What you are going through seems horrible... I'm sorry for you. 

I looked at the DP success Story's and almost everyone seems to recover. I'm really interested in psychoanalysis and some authors say that DP comes from stress and anxiety that the psyche cannot handle, so it shuts off all feelings, it's the same for ocd, there people try to control their fear with compulsive behaviors(I unfortunately have both myself since my last taper attempt...). 

I know youre DP comes from the meds, but maybe try to do something against you're anxiety,(breathing technics really help me, I think these can also help you're recovery as the brain needs alot of oxygen. interestingly when I breath deep enough I get aroused... Just a side note ;). ) maybe it gets a little bit better. You probably know all of this and people said it a 100 times to you but meditation and acceptance may help you. I'm currently also suffering from DP which is really awful, I feel so alienated from all people. But I have faith, for you too. So many people have recovered why not you? Altrostrata said everyone can recover given enough time. Yea I know it maybe takes years, but it's you're only life, i don't know how old you are but you will have so many more years wd free infront of you.

Are you're friends and family understandive? Are you currently in a relationship? Love can heal so much wounds, it also makes sense because I once watched a documentary about a guy who had a stroke, he was completely disabled couldn't walk, eat, speak, I think he wasn't even aware like he was half dead... But his girlfriend lovingly cared for him and now he is on his way of recovering. 

So don't loose hope, think of what you're gonna do after wd. 

I wish you all the best. 

Greetings 

Kosta

Which DP thread did u read and found reports of DP recovery?

my DP resulted from

zoloft, I had no such a thing before ever in my life, no major stresses either. Medication makes my DP worst, I am completely disconnected from myself, it hurts just trying to think or walk . I hope u get better and thank you for ur kind words but I am pretty hopeless with this DP state for 14 months now …. I doubt I can survive this at such an intense level. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

@JesusSavemefromWD

The one which ChessieCat postet 3 hours ago... Did you try meditation and are you supported by you're friends and family? 

Greetings 

Kosta 

Nov 2019 to march 2020 tapered by 37,5mg to cero. (breakdown, minor w/d symptoms for a few days only panic attacks followed by deep depression came a month later duo to stress). 

Nov 2020 to April 2021 tapering by 15mg every month or so until I reached approximately 50 mg(no w/d symptoms) 

Since April 2021 tapered once by 5% and once by 10% of the last dose because I'm not stable enough for w/d. 

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

3 minutes ago, kostakonkordia said:

@JesusSavemefromWD

The one which ChessieCat postet 3 hours ago... Did you try meditation and are you supported by you're friends and family? 

Greetings 

Kosta 

But that thread is mostly full of posts from people suffering with DP due to psycho drugs, I think I have only seen one member who says he recovered from dpdr. Can you point out which members report Dpdr recovery? Yes I have tried meditation and everything else, nothing helps my Dpdr. Only when I sleep I feel ok and I might occasionally get a 5-10 minutes slight reduction when I wake up but that’s it. From what I have read and gather from talking to people with DPDR, there are various degrees, mine is the severe one and trust me it’s not livable. All the other symptoms I can push through because they are in waves and windows, but the DP is constant and unbearable. Yes I have a family two young boys I need to raise but I can’t and that makes my situation even more hopeless…. My boys lost their mother over a f ….. prescribed drug…. How do I explain this to them? I was fully of life just before zoloft, a go go happy mommy , now I am a bedridden vegetable . My story is tragic …. I am hanging on hoping that brain will slowly repair but 14 months off and still suffering so much is quite discouraging. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

@JesusSavemefromWDI am really sorry you are struggling so badly. Not sure if this will help or not but here goes. It is meant to be generalized and is not specific to your situation.

I am now approaching 4 years total of withdrawal. I am now trying to taper down off of Allegra which is an H1 histamine blocker just like Seroquel but much weaker. The withdrawal is wreaking havoc with me right now and I haven't been able to leave the house in 2 days. The only thing that helps is the perspective of looking back and knowing that things pass. During my first year tapering the anxiety was constant and I had bouts of psychosis involving eyeballs popping out of my television among other things that left me curled up in a shaking ball on the couch. When I was in that state seeing improvements was impossible as was seeing any future with a light at the end of the tunnel. During that time I relied on my therapist to keep track of things and remind me of small improvements I was making. The second year things started to slowly become less intense. The third year things became more episodic and good days became more common. Now here I am at almost 4 years and still struggling on some days but definitely better off than where I started.

Here is something I posted for someone else that I have found useful over the years. It's a bit long but it may help.

I want to share something with you that you may or may not find useful but it is something that I do to get through and it has to do with something I learned in the military.

Years ago I went through the Nuclear Power training program in the Navy. Part 2 of the training was Nuclear Power School which was 6 months long and is regarded as the toughest academic program in the military. The attrition rate at the time was 70%. The expectation was to take the technical material that is taught in a civilian Nuclear Engineering Technology program which is 2 and a half years long and learn it all in 6 months with full day comprehensive exam at the end of it. Everything was classified so you could not take materials out of the classroom so all studying was done at your desk and all materials had to be locked up if you left the room. Since I don't have a photographic memory it meant I spent 14 hours a day, and sometimes more, at that desk either in class or studying. As you can imagine it was intense and very stressful. We had students who were engineers fail out in the first few weeks because they could not maintain the pace.

What they taught us in the very beginning was to break every problem down into the smallest chunks possible and then focus on the chunks one at a time instead of always focusing on the whole problem. That way you avoided getting overwhelmed and could digest the material. This way of doing things is something I still do to this day and, at least for me, it works. Special forces and extreme athletes do the same thing and I have spent many hours watching videos on how these people deal with adversity. Much can be learned from them and applied to any situation.

A good example of using this technique is when I had the flu a few years ago. I have an immune deficiency so even a cold is a big deal for me. I was acutely sick for almost 30 days and it took me another 2 months to completely recover. In that first 30 days I couldn't get out to check my own mail or take care of much of anything else. To feed the cats I rolled off the couch and crawled to the closet to get the cat food and change their water and scoop the poop and then crawled back to the couch. My dad had to come up 3 times to take me to the ER for fluids and to shovel snow. I was a mess but didn't want anyone staying with me because I did not want to get them sick. While laying on the couch the first 30 days I picked a spot on the ceiling and focused on it and broke my days down to a few minutes at a time and sometimes even one second at a time. At the end of each block of time I would treat it as a victory and move on to the next block of time. I kept it up until I got through it and could start functioning again and throughout the process I kept reminding myself that nothing is permanent and that it would eventually pass. I did not realize it at the time but because I was so sick and could not keep my meds down I was also in withdrawal from Seroquel, Tegretol, and Paxil at the same time. It was miserable. Breaking things down into small chunks of time was how I got through it.

Tapering down and withdrawing from the Seroquel required that I do the same thing and when things were at their worse I broke things down into very small chunks and made my way through it.

Not sure if this will help you or not but I thought it worth mentioning. Nothing is ever permanent. Each situation, feeling, task, test, etc. is temporary and will pass so it is just getting from one end to the other step by step.

Current Psychiatric Medications

1. Paxil 10mg daily (a.m.) 2017 - Present
  2. Carbamazepine IR  190 mg twice daily (380mg Daily) 2011 - Present (Currently Tapering)

Past Psychiatric Medications From 1994 to August 2021   Seroquel (in Recovery since August 2021 final dose 6.25mg), Depakote, Lithium, Risperidone, Xanax, Lamotrigene, Olanzapine, Lorazepam, Welbutrin, Trazodone, Oxazepam, Gabapentin, Abilify, Topiramate, Prazosin, Ambien (See Attached Spreadsheet And Seroquel Tapering And WIthdrawal Summary)

Current Non Psychiatric Medications Levothyroxine 88mcg (a.m.)-Vitamin D3 1000 IU (p.m.)-Fexofenadine 180 mg twice daily -Clonidine 0.1 mg (p.m.)-Azelastine Nasal Spray

Other - Fish Oil Twice Daily-Multi-Vitamin (a.m.)-Vitamin C 1000mg Daily (a.m.)-Saline Nasal Spray-Salsalate 750mg twice daily PRN, Diclofenac Gel on affected joint PRN-Magnesium Citrate 250mg twice daily, Betaine HCL & Digestine Enzymes With Meals

Quitting Seroquel_A Vacation In Hell_Redacted.pdf

Other Documents https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/26099-feralcatman-recovering-from-seroquel/?do=findComment&comment=633907

@JesusSavemefromWD

Judith, FarmGirlWorks, katamari etc. I think there are alot more but I don't want to read every single one. 

Greetings

Kosta

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

Here are some stories I have found. I hope they give you strength 

AKAENEW 3.5 YEARS UPDATE

My withdrawal blog: 3.5 years

Hello to my dear paxil progress friends. Before I write these periodic posts I do not go back to look at old ones as, if I have forgotten anything, I prefer to keep it that way. I welcome you to read my progress after CT withdrawal via previous posts- I think it shows how bad you can be for so long, but then start improving. I still continue to improve- and my sleep is the greatest area of improvement. it still! seems to be normalizing. I can have wonderful nights of deep, long sleep. I still marvel at it and am thankful for this miracle, as insomnia along with massive depersonalization were my worst symptoms. It has been 3.5 years since I have taken paxil and three full years since I took the last benzo to cope with withdrawal.

From Unfoldingsky

I am still generally free of a list of problems that psychiatric drug reactions and withdrawal gave me.  It's been many years now since I last had akathisia. I had a very short bout of tardive dyskinesia symptoms after trying a supplement but it only lasted one day, then stopped.  Otherwise I had not had those in a long time either.  I have not had zaps in ages.  Dissociation/depersonalization/derealization is gone as well, once it left it never returned.  I don't have pure "O" OCD which came on with the pills.  I have pretty well stopped waking up with morning adrenaline rushes as well.  That one gradually went away, lessened in severity over time, and now has pretty well ended. I am no longer in a constant state of terror as I was with aka.  I am far far far more calm than I was during withdrawal in the early days too.

The next is not DPDR but he suffered from a few pills.

750 DAYS/RECOVERY FROM ADVERSE REACTION

AGUY (from paxilprogress, a now defunct website)

aguy who suffered badly from a severe adverse reaction

Hi,

I couldnt find my old post with my updates on it, but it has been some time (years i think) since I have been on here, and I was just feeling well enough to come on and make a report. Just the fact that I am able to feel calm again while writing would have been enough for me to be happy, I would have settled for semi-functional. I became aware of many things which would aggravate systems in the body, and I cut them out, I just ate natural food as much as possible and basically just allowed my body to do its thing without feeding it extra burdenous waste. There are many things that I believe help the body repair, but many people do not believe the same things that I do so if you want to contact me in private I can give you more information, however many of these things are covered on here at least in part such as Omega 3's etc, but I can go into detail as I know it helps reading things that give you hope.

I am much better, and semi-functional, however I am very sensitive to stress, and assume it will take some time, perhaps years to gain a stress threshold, however it is very likely that my reaction in the first place was caused by sensitivity so just returning to baseline is a huge goal. I just wanted to give people hope because I was under the impression that I would be gone forever because my reaction came from such a small amount, and no one seemed to understand it, so if anyone has such a reaction from a few pills, just know that it has happened to others, probably some of which havent even found this site, these are just the ones we know of. The good news is that if you make it easy on your body, and if you find some way to get through 750 days etc (counting days makes it seem like you are getting somewhere), then you can likely make progress such as I have. Alot of this came all at once to the point to where you feel like you are not making progress at all 2 years into it but then a month goes by and something subtle happens then the same in another couple. It is very subtle in this sense. I did focus on nutrition, which I consider 100 percent essential, but your body will do its best if you cannot afford the best foods, it will extract what it can.

As far as an exact, I would estimate my homeostasis at around 85% when things are optimal, and perhaps peaking at 90 or so functionality-wise. This is obviously subject to stressors. I will continue on my nutrional pursuit, as some things that I believe were caused by the body making repairs, thus robbing other areas of nutrients in order to adapt, has taxed my body, but in reality it is worth it even with the effects I have been left with, just to have a relative calm state. I will keep pushing forward and see if I cannot perhaps feel better than I felt even before stumbling down the dark road of pharmaceuticals. I encourage all to pursue your course, and in due time if you do not give up, you will reap rewards.

History:

July 2020: started Cogentin 1mg, Lamictal 50mg, Zoloft 150mg, Zyprexa 5mg (+5mg as needed), Klonopin 0.5mg

February 2021: started Latuda 60mg, Lithium 300mg, Melatonin 5mg, Protonix 40mg, Topamax 25mg

2 weeks later: stopped Topamax, increased Lithium 900mg, started Klonopin 1mg, Lexapro 20mg, Neurontin 400mg

May 2021: stopped ReviaProtonixLexaproincreased Neurontin 800mg, started Celexa 10mg

August 2021: decreased Celexa 5mg (stopped Celexa 2 weeks later), increased Bupropion 300mg

October 2021: decreased Lithium 600mg for 4 daysLithium 300mg for 4 daysstopped LithiumLatuda

increased Bupropion 450mg, started Remeron 15mg, decreased Remeron 7.5mg, stopped Remeron

@JesusSavemefromWD

Believe me! You can recover and all these would be a bad distant memory. I recovered from DP/DR in like 1-2 months cause I did things like it is not there. This is a paradox of recovery. Yes, recovery is a paradox.
Key to recovery: Try to do all the things you would have done if you never had this!!! Go outside, socialize, etc. I know you feel unsafe and unreal, but trust me, it will get better and you will live your life at full potential. 
It does not matter whether it is drug-induced or weed-induced DP/DR. It has the same recovery method: DO the opposite. Get involved in life. Do NOT stay in your bed.
Here is a lot of success story for you which they have used the same method. Here is my gift to you: https://www.dpselfhelp.com/forums/recovery-stories.61/

I am living my normal life again and I am here to help those who are in need.

You are not broken. You just need more time. It takes time.

Have been on many medications (for around 10 years!), but two main SSRIs were Lexapro and Zoloft. Many side effects (weight gains +40 kg!!!, constant sweating no matter how hot/cold or humid the weather was!, gynecomastia, ...) which I was ignoring them for a long time as I thought not being depressed is more important than having side effects...
Been medication-free since April 2021! Lots of ERP, CBT, and mindfulness practices have helped me to live my life without medications.
You are not broken. It takes time...

14 hours ago, ThatOneGirlStitch said:

Here are some stories I have found. I hope they give you strength 

AKAENEW 3.5 YEARS UPDATE

My withdrawal blog: 3.5 years

Hello to my dear paxil progress friends. Before I write these periodic posts I do not go back to look at old ones as, if I have forgotten anything, I prefer to keep it that way. I welcome you to read my progress after CT withdrawal via previous posts- I think it shows how bad you can be for so long, but then start improving. I still continue to improve- and my sleep is the greatest area of improvement. it still! seems to be normalizing. I can have wonderful nights of deep, long sleep. I still marvel at it and am thankful for this miracle, as insomnia along with massive depersonalization were my worst symptoms. It has been 3.5 years since I have taken paxil and three full years since I took the last benzo to cope with withdrawal.

From Unfoldingsky

I am still generally free of a list of problems that psychiatric drug reactions and withdrawal gave me.  It's been many years now since I last had akathisia. I had a very short bout of tardive dyskinesia symptoms after trying a supplement but it only lasted one day, then stopped.  Otherwise I had not had those in a long time either.  I have not had zaps in ages.  Dissociation/depersonalization/derealization is gone as well, once it left it never returned.  I don't have pure "O" OCD which came on with the pills.  I have pretty well stopped waking up with morning adrenaline rushes as well.  That one gradually went away, lessened in severity over time, and now has pretty well ended. I am no longer in a constant state of terror as I was with aka.  I am far far far more calm than I was during withdrawal in the early days too.

The next is not DPDR but he suffered from a few pills.

750 DAYS/RECOVERY FROM ADVERSE REACTION

AGUY (from paxilprogress, a now defunct website)

aguy who suffered badly from a severe adverse reaction

Hi,

I couldnt find my old post with my updates on it, but it has been some time (years i think) since I have been on here, and I was just feeling well enough to come on and make a report. Just the fact that I am able to feel calm again while writing would have been enough for me to be happy, I would have settled for semi-functional. I became aware of many things which would aggravate systems in the body, and I cut them out, I just ate natural food as much as possible and basically just allowed my body to do its thing without feeding it extra burdenous waste. There are many things that I believe help the body repair, but many people do not believe the same things that I do so if you want to contact me in private I can give you more information, however many of these things are covered on here at least in part such as Omega 3's etc, but I can go into detail as I know it helps reading things that give you hope.

I am much better, and semi-functional, however I am very sensitive to stress, and assume it will take some time, perhaps years to gain a stress threshold, however it is very likely that my reaction in the first place was caused by sensitivity so just returning to baseline is a huge goal. I just wanted to give people hope because I was under the impression that I would be gone forever because my reaction came from such a small amount, and no one seemed to understand it, so if anyone has such a reaction from a few pills, just know that it has happened to others, probably some of which havent even found this site, these are just the ones we know of. The good news is that if you make it easy on your body, and if you find some way to get through 750 days etc (counting days makes it seem like you are getting somewhere), then you can likely make progress such as I have. Alot of this came all at once to the point to where you feel like you are not making progress at all 2 years into it but then a month goes by and something subtle happens then the same in another couple. It is very subtle in this sense. I did focus on nutrition, which I consider 100 percent essential, but your body will do its best if you cannot afford the best foods, it will extract what it can.

As far as an exact, I would estimate my homeostasis at around 85% when things are optimal, and perhaps peaking at 90 or so functionality-wise. This is obviously subject to stressors. I will continue on my nutrional pursuit, as some things that I believe were caused by the body making repairs, thus robbing other areas of nutrients in order to adapt, has taxed my body, but in reality it is worth it even with the effects I have been left with, just to have a relative calm state. I will keep pushing forward and see if I cannot perhaps feel better than I felt even before stumbling down the dark road of pharmaceuticals. I encourage all to pursue your course, and in due time if you do not give up, you will reap rewards.

Thank you, I have actually read those stories before and are the few examples of people getting over dpdr which keep my hopes up. But so many others never did and that scares me. Thank you again for pointing out these stories again. How are u feeling these days? 

Symptoms while on zoloft

8 hours ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

Thank you, I have actually read those stories before and are the few examples of people getting over dpdr which keep my hopes up. But so many others never did and that scares me. Thank you again for pointing out these stories again. How are u feeling these days?

I’m not too surprised you read these. I often comb this site looking for hope and sometimes find fear. It can be very jarring. I hope having them on your page makes them easier to find when you need them. Focus on the good. We have no idea what is going to happen next. That is scary, but that also means we can’t predict the future. We shouldn’t be predicting that we will fail. 

I tell myself I can’t complain. My family is keeping me alive so that gives me a chance to heal. I haven’t gotten worse yet. I eat through a straw and my digestive system seems to be fighting me, but I can still eat. Still hard to leave my room,   But I can get out of bed to pace sometimes so my body doesn’t forget how to move. I want to connect with people and can’t hold a conversation or don’t want to be bothered, but I tell them I love them every chance I get. Even if I can’t feel it, I know I do. I’m mostly waiting and trying to use what I have. 

History:

1 minute ago, ThatOneGirlStitch said:

I’m not too surprised you read these. I often comb this site looking for hope and sometimes find fear. It can be very jarring. I hope having them on your page makes them easier to find when you need them. Focus on the good. We have no idea what is going to happen next. That is scary, but that also means we can’t predict the future. We shouldn’t be predicting that we will fail. 

I tell myself I can’t complain. My family is keeping me alive so that gives me a chance to heal. I haven’t gotten worse yet. I eat through a straw and my digestive system seems to be fighting me, but I can still eat. Still hard to leave my room,   But I can get out of bed to pace sometimes so my body doesn’t forget how to move. I want to connect with people and can’t hold a conversation or don’t want to be bothered, but I tell them I love them every chance I get. Even if I can’t feel it, I know I do. I’m mostly waiting and trying to use what I have. 

You talk very wise…. The despair I feel every day is smacking any hope …. I just prayed for both of us, there is nothing else I can do…. Still hard to believe this suffering after just few weeks of poison. I am glad ur family understands , believes u and helps u. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

21 hours ago, Erfan said:

@JesusSavemefromWD

Believe me! You can recover and all these would be a bad distant memory. I recovered from DP/DR in like 1-2 months cause I did things like it is not there. This is a paradox of recovery. Yes, recovery is a paradox.
Key to recovery: Try to do all the things you would have done if you never had this!!! Go outside, socialize, etc. I know you feel unsafe and unreal, but trust me, it will get better and you will live your life at full potential. 
It does not matter whether it is drug-induced or weed-induced DP/DR. It has the same recovery method: DO the opposite. Get involved in life. Do NOT stay in your bed.
Here is a lot of success story for you which they have used the same method. Here is my gift to you: https://www.dpselfhelp.com/forums/recovery-stories.61/

I am living my normal life again and I am here to help those who are in need.

You are not broken. You just need more time. It takes time.

From talking with different people who suffered dpdr there are different degrees of severity. Mine is severe. I have tried to do everything to get over it and every time I try smg I just get worst…. I am glad u recovered and thank you for the info but all these 14 months nothing has worked for me. It has soften a bit but it’s still pretty debilitating so maybe one day it ll go away. Thank you again for sending me these info. I am happy you are our of it. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

3 hours ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

You talk very wise…. The despair I feel every day is smacking any hope …. I just prayed for both of us, there is nothing else I can do…. Still hard to believe this suffering after just few weeks of poison. I am glad ur family understands , believes u and helps u. 

I have also gotten the DP manual from a guy who advertises a method getting out of DP which is basically what u recommend and some meditation advices. Waste of money for me…. Didn’t get anything out of this . Zoloft put me into a severe deep DPdr state , I am in complete despair months now , just surviving day after day hoping one day it ll just let up ….there are quite few members here reporting having chronic DP due to evil ADs, I am not the only one unfortunately 

Symptoms while on zoloft

@JesusSavemefromWD I've just been reading your thread. How are you coping?? 

Has any other symptoms eased off for you to show that recovery is happening?

I too suffer with DR.

Lexapro 10mg - 30th august 2021 - Adverse reaction

Amitriptyline - 10mg - 7th September - 30th sep 4 weeks

Amitriptyline 5mg -28th sep - 5th oct 

0mg ever since the 5th oct

12th oct - 1 amoxcillin and 2

metronidazole

Makes it 5 weeks 0mg so far

12 minutes ago, Lilmizz21 said:

@JesusSavemefromWD I've just been reading your thread. How are you coping?? 

Has any other symptoms eased off for you to show that recovery is happening?

I too suffer with DR.

Yes, all other symptoms are still there but are following the windows waves pattern so they are more bearable. The dpdr however is never, not even for a minute going away… If it wasn’t for DP, I think I d be able to push through the other symptoms and function a bit. I think the despair and mental Akathisia are linked with DP so if DP would go these symptoms would also let up … 

Symptoms while on zoloft

11 hours ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:
11 hours ago, ThatOneGirlStitch said:

Im sorry. Talking is one thing, doing it is hard. I didn't mean to sound unrealistically optimistic. In fact with some symptoms the only way through is to say I'm going to make it through just today. I keep you in my prayers. Keep praying as well. 

History:

2 hours ago, ThatOneGirlStitch said:

Im sorry. Talking is one thing, doing it is hard. I didn't mean to sound unrealistically optimistic. In fact with some symptoms the only way through is to say I'm going to make it through just today. I keep you in my prayers. Keep praying as well. 

No need to apologize, I appreciate your encouraging posts in my dark thread. It is just so hard to live day after day in a DP state of mind…. A prisoner to your own mind and body… horrible… don’t wish this to anyone, even my worst enemy. Yes I keep praying we get better soon.

Symptoms while on zoloft

I wish there were more I could offer beyond what I have already said. It really sucks what you are going through. I believe that at some point you will start to have noticeable improvement so please keep hanging in there. The unknown timeline is the hardest thing to deal with. Please know that me and my feline gang are thinking of you and hoping for improvements for you. You are not alone in all of this.

Take care and I will be keeping up with your updates. 😉😺😺😺😺

Current Psychiatric Medications

1. Paxil 10mg daily (a.m.) 2017 - Present
  2. Carbamazepine IR  190 mg twice daily (380mg Daily) 2011 - Present (Currently Tapering)

Past Psychiatric Medications From 1994 to August 2021   Seroquel (in Recovery since August 2021 final dose 6.25mg), Depakote, Lithium, Risperidone, Xanax, Lamotrigene, Olanzapine, Lorazepam, Welbutrin, Trazodone, Oxazepam, Gabapentin, Abilify, Topiramate, Prazosin, Ambien (See Attached Spreadsheet And Seroquel Tapering And WIthdrawal Summary)

Current Non Psychiatric Medications Levothyroxine 88mcg (a.m.)-Vitamin D3 1000 IU (p.m.)-Fexofenadine 180 mg twice daily -Clonidine 0.1 mg (p.m.)-Azelastine Nasal Spray

Other - Fish Oil Twice Daily-Multi-Vitamin (a.m.)-Vitamin C 1000mg Daily (a.m.)-Saline Nasal Spray-Salsalate 750mg twice daily PRN, Diclofenac Gel on affected joint PRN-Magnesium Citrate 250mg twice daily, Betaine HCL & Digestine Enzymes With Meals

Quitting Seroquel_A Vacation In Hell_Redacted.pdf

Other Documents https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/26099-feralcatman-recovering-from-seroquel/?do=findComment&comment=633907

I know withdrawal or adverse reaction cannot actually kill you but today I feel like I am dying. The emotional and physical pain from Akathisia is extraordinary today and my DP is severe and dark. I am having hard time accepting this suffering 14+ months after just few weeks on Zoloft. I feel like if I don’t do smg like trying tiny reinstaintment or a small dose of Prozac I am risking my life and sanity. Things are really bad and I know I can only decide if I ll risk taking another drug or not. For God’s sake this is too much for a human being to endure . Doctors destroyed me and my family and I don’t know if just keep waiting will bring me back to myself before I ever took this poison. May God keep us all strong through this ..,

Symptoms while on zoloft

4 minutes ago, FeralCatman said:

I wish there were more I could offer beyond what I have already said. It really sucks what you are going through. I believe that at some point you will start to have noticeable improvement so please keep hanging in there. The unknown timeline is the hardest thing to deal with. Please know that me and my feline gang are thinking of you and hoping for improvements for you. You are not alone in all of this.

Take care and I will be keeping up with your updates. 😉😺😺😺😺

Thank you … yes if I only had a deadline for when this suffering will end …., if I only knew it will end…. I swear to God this suffering is unbearable today … I am not sure I can continue taking it … 

I follow ur posts too and I am glad to see ur slowly getting bit better , I really I am.

Symptoms while on zoloft