JesusSavemefromWD: only 3.5 weeks sertraline enough to destroy me

JesusSavemefromWD

I just read Abdullahs tread he had an adverse reaction, and severe dp/dr he reports that he's feeling better. 

And I think priebe had some kind of dp/dr if I recall correctly, but I think not so intense like you... 

How are you doing? 

Ad's since 2016 (I was 16 then...) (Escitalopram) 

Nov 2018 switch to venlafaxin 150mg

Nov 2019 to march 2020 tapered by 37,5mg to cero. (breakdown, minor w/d symptoms for a few days only panic attacks followed by deep depression came a month later duo to stress). 

Reinstated venla 150mg in Juli 2020.

Nov 2020 to April 2021 tapering by 15mg every month or so until I reached approximately 50 mg(no w/d symptoms) 

Since April 2021 tapered once by 5% and once by 10% of the last dose because I'm not stable enough for w/d. 

Current dose 50mg venlafaxin

No other medication. 

No supplements

Stopped smoking 29.12.2021

No alcohol 

8 minutes ago, kostakonkordia said:

I just read Abdullahs tread he had an adverse reaction, and severe dp/dr he reports that he's feeling better. 

And I think priebe had some kind of dp/dr if I recall correctly, but I think not so intense like you... 

How are you doing? 

I am the same, on survival mode… thanks for the link … it sounds like he had Dpdr before the drugs and drugs made it worst … hope ur doing ok …

Aug. 16-17, 2020, cipralex: went CRAZY! Recovered in 24hrs

Aug.28,2020; 3.5 weeks 25mg sertraline/4.5 weeks taper

Oct. 25: Last dose (4mg)

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

- sleep & appetite are fine

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

I feel I am getting worst …. This chemical terror, the “where to run to escape from this torture” has picked badly and just the day light scares me… I can’t even make a thought…. Brain feels unresponsive to anything but fear … I feel trapped… can’t last like this much longer …. I don’t quite believe what has happened to me …. I am sorry for more bad news

please stay away from antidepressants…. They are not harmless ….I was perfectly fine before zoloft … no underlying mental issues and such BS as doctors try to say now to justify this Zoloft triggered suffering … I was ok , just some chest tightness…. Now i live with a damaged brain … a torture chamber… God help us all. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

I am sorry that things are to tough.  I have read your signatory - you appear to be able to sleep at 14 months off as you write  sleep resumed.  That is huge.  When I was pulled off Melleril in 1994 after four years on drugs it took me until the middle of 1996 to be able to sleep again.  I got very little.   Being able to go to sleep is a sign that your brain is healing

When you write 'I can't even make a thought' - you are making a thought right there.  Your writing is lucid - you are describing your current emotional state which is one of extreme anxiety.  That is thinking. 

When you write 'you feel trapped'.  I know that feeling.   What I have found helpful is a book by a Dr Lowe a psychiatrist practising in the States long before the advent of drugs.  You  you say to yourself 'I can compel my muscles and limbs to act in spite of my feelings'.  I find that helpful.  Staying in bed will make you feel much, much worse - the inactivity and rumination will increase your anxiety even further.  

Currently tapering Mirtazapine; previously tapered Cymbalta 30mg from June 2018-Feb 2019 and Seroquel 150mg to zero from Oct-December 2020.

Supplements for Hashimoto's disease and histamine issues relating to Mirtazapine:   Vitamin D3 1,000mcg, bio-identical HRT, Selenium, Quercetin, Lutein, Zinc, Vitamin C, Omega 3.

Mirtazapine Taper: 2021 16th Aug -  transitioned to liquid from tablet by dissolving two 15mg tablets into a solution of 15 ml water and 15 ml maple syrup on a starting dose of what I thought was 7.5ml; 17 Sept  - 7.31; 24 Sept  - 7.13; 15 Oct  - 6.95; 6 Nov  - 6.78; 21 Nov  - 6.61; 5 Dec  - 6.51;

2022 - 1 Jan 6.41; 1 Feb  - 6.1; 9 Mar -  5.8; 13 Mar - 5.9; 7 Apr - 5.8; 21 Apr - 5.7; 7 May - 5.63; 23 May - 5.55; 8 June 5.50;  (got COVID on 12th June so held); 1 July 5.4; 15 July 5.32; 8 Aug 5.2; 15 Aug 5.1; 22 Aug 5; 19 Sept 4.9; 2 Oct 4.81; 13 Oct 4.71; (COVID Booster 17/10/22 so longer hold ); 1 Nov 4.65; 3 Nov 4.60; 10 Nov 4.55; 13 Nov 4.50; 17 Nov 4.45; 20 Nov 4.40;  2 Dec 4.30mg; 9 Dec 4.20mg; I discovered that the volumetric container measured 33ml rather than 30ml in Dec 2022. Following helpful advice from moderator OnMyWay (see her  reply of the 5th March) discovered taper with the dilution was 3.8mg (calculated by dividing 30/33 so that every 1ml of solution has  0.90ml of Mirtazapine.  7.50 - 0.90= 6.6ml which was the starting dose on 16th Aug 2021 not 7.5ml).  I decided to keep using the solution as I didn't want more change to deal with than I had to.

2023 17 Mar 4.1(3.7); 26 Mar 4.0(3.6); 14 Apr 3.9(3.51)28 Apr 3.8(3.42); 6 Jun 3.7(3.33); 19 Jun 3.6(3.24); 30 Jun 3.5(3.1); 19 Jul 3.4(3.06); 27 Jul 3.35 (3.01); 29 Jul 3.3 (2.97); 4 Aug 3.25 (2.92); 7 Aug 3.2 (2.88); 21 Aug 3.1 (2.79); 14.09 3 (2.7); 29th Sept 2.9(2.61); 15 Oct 2.8(2.52); 30 Oct 10 2.7(2.43); 13 Nov 2.65(2.38); 20 Nov 2.6(2.34); 26 Nov 2.55(2.29); 10 Dec 2.5(2.25); 

2024 - 14 Jan 2.45(2.20); 22 Jan 2.40(2.16); 29 Jan 2.35(2.11); 2 Feb 2.3 (2.07);15 Feb 2.25(2.02); 22 Feb 2.21 (1.98); 29 Feb 2.17(1.95); 7 Mar 2.13(1.91); 21 Mar 2.05 (1.84); 31 Mar 2.01 (1.80); 14 Apr 1.90 (1.71);

This is not 'medical advice' - my 'non medical advice' is don't get any more 'medical advice' or you may end up getting more 'medical treatment' i.e more drugs, DSM labels and/or ECT.   Please do not PM me thanks.

12 minutes ago, Oaktree1 said:

I am sorry that things are to tough.  I have read your signatory - you appear to be able to sleep at 14 months off as you write  sleep resumed.  That is huge.  When I was pulled off Melleril in 1994 after four years on drugs it took me until the middle of 1996 to be able to sleep again.  I got very little.   Being able to go to sleep is a sign that your brain is healing

When you write 'I can't even make a thought' - you are making a thought right there.  Your writing is lucid - you are describing your current emotional state which is one of extreme anxiety.  That is thinking. 

When you write 'you feel trapped'.  I know that feeling.   What I have found helpful is a book by a Dr Lowe a psychiatrist practising in the States long before the advent of drugs.  You  you say to yourself 'I can compel my muscles and limbs to act in spite of my feelings'.  I find that helpful.  Staying in bed will make you feel much, much worse - the inactivity and rumination will increase your anxiety even further.  

I can’t get out of bed because of severe dpdr … cant handle any stimuli …. You are right about being able to think , yes I am but when I think of doing smg, any kind of action, like cook, laundry, go for a walk, talk to someone, in immediately feel fear cause I know any of these activities will flair up the dpdr … my sleep has been fine except months 10-12th. Definitely not sleeping makes everything worst but haven’t really seen much progress all other months that I was sleeping fine… this is hell on earth … my case is very similar to “David”, and “Steven” in the antidepressantrisks website. I am afraid I ll not make it either ….. Thank you for writing to me… God bless you with healing and peace…. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

20 minutes ago, Oaktree1 said:

You have been through so many drugs, how are u feeling today? What are ur current symptoms ? Are you able to function a bit? You are very strong after so many drugs keep going!!! … it only took a single drug for few weeks to destroy me …. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

So sorry for what you are going through 😔

I only took Sertraline for 4 months when I quit CT. Its been a nightmare so far and it doesnt stop. I also have a good sleep and I have seen some improvements over this year. I also have anhedonia, DP/DR, brain fog, fragile CNS throughout the hole body. I would not be alive if it wasnt for my kids, I must stay alive for them. I do manage my school and my extra job but its a day to day fight.

I was a strong guy in my late 30’s competing on a high level in Padel tennis (big sport in Sweden nowadays). Those days are gone and now I cant even drink coffee. Its so sick!!

its just unbelievable what happened to us and its hard to see my self healing 100%. If so it will probably take 5-10 years. 

On this site the moderators claim that everyone heals but that doesnt seem to be true? I have seen some stories including people suffering 10-15 years out, that is permanent for me.

Who is David and Steven and what happened to them?

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

2020 Sertraline 50mg (okt 2020 - Jan 2021)

7 minutes ago, Avicii said:

So sorry for what you are going through 😔

I only took Sertraline for 4 months when I quit CT. Its been a nightmare so far and it doesnt stop. I also have a good sleep and I have seen some improvements over this year. I also have anhedonia, DP/DR, brain fog, fragile CNS throughout the hole body. I would not be alive if it wasnt for my kids, I must stay alive for them. I do manage my school and my extra job but its a day to day fight.

its just unbelievable what happened to us and its hard to see my self healing 100%. If so it will probably take 5-10 years. 

On this site the moderators claim that everyone heals but that doesnt seem to be true? I have seen some stories including people suffering 10-15 years out, that is permanent for me.

Who is David and Steven and what happened to them?

I think the vast of people heal but not all…. I am sorry you have been hurt by Zoloft as well. Same here trying to survive for my kids but I don’t know how much longer I can do this . I am glad to hear you can do ur daily activities even if you struggle. I can’t do anything…. Other than using my cell phone kind helps to distract a bit from the endless hours I spend in bed. If I knew I would heal in 2-3 years as this side says for adverse reactions, I d be able to do this … but not knowing for sure if and when makes this torture even harder. When you say you have seen stories of people suffering for 10 years do you mean short term users like us? You can look up David”s and Steven”s stories at the antidepressantrisk website if you want. I think of them every day and I feel so much rage against doctors and pharmaceutical companies. And this stupid justification “ oh it’s not the drug, there was an underlying cause”… well there wasn’t and even if there was an underlying cause it was just “sleeping” cause I was fine, happy, functional, an active mother, wife, friend, professional, athlete …. I was doing it all …. Damn you Zoloft , damn you Pfizer and damn you doctor I trusted putting me on Zoloft while I wasn’t even a tiny tiny depressed. 
My opinion is if you are able to go to school, work, and take care of your kids, you will recover eventually. Please keep in touch…

Symptoms while on zoloft

2 hours ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

You have been through so many drugs, how are u feeling today? What are ur current symptoms ? Are you able to function a bit? You are very strong after so many drugs keep going!!! … it only took a single drug for few weeks to destroy me …. 

Please don't keep saying 'it only took a single drug a few weeks to destroy me' - that will go straight to your subconscious and make you weaker.  Say "f**k you" instead to it - use the anger that you have expressed against the manufacturers of the drug - turn your anger outwards. " I'm not going to let that (whatever term of abuse you want to use) beat me  - a successful professional married woman with kids who had a great life."  

I find it tough going dealing with withdrawal issues and what psychiatry did to my life from my early 20's on.  The anxiety starts to get bad from 5pm onwards so that I can find it hard to do stuff so what I do is keep on a  verbal dialogue with myself.  What I try to do is do 'one thing per day'.  It doesn't have to be a big thing - just one thing that I find difficult or tedious.  I also use loads of massage tools and lie on them on the ground and interchange them.  I find the pressure on parts of my body shuts down the rumination and worry in my brain as the pressure helps my brain focus on the sensation in my body.  That can can give me a bit of a window for an hour or so.  I got a great book about the roll method called 'The Roll Method' by Jill Miller an American yoga/physical therapist.  

I think also you need to trust your gut as to what you need to do to help yourself.   Your own intuition will help you if you can listen for it.   Please hang in there.

Oaktree

Currently tapering Mirtazapine; previously tapered Cymbalta 30mg from June 2018-Feb 2019 and Seroquel 150mg to zero from Oct-December 2020.

Supplements for Hashimoto's disease and histamine issues relating to Mirtazapine:   Vitamin D3 1,000mcg, bio-identical HRT, Selenium, Quercetin, Lutein, Zinc, Vitamin C, Omega 3.

Mirtazapine Taper: 2021 16th Aug -  transitioned to liquid from tablet by dissolving two 15mg tablets into a solution of 15 ml water and 15 ml maple syrup on a starting dose of what I thought was 7.5ml; 17 Sept  - 7.31; 24 Sept  - 7.13; 15 Oct  - 6.95; 6 Nov  - 6.78; 21 Nov  - 6.61; 5 Dec  - 6.51;

2022 - 1 Jan 6.41; 1 Feb  - 6.1; 9 Mar -  5.8; 13 Mar - 5.9; 7 Apr - 5.8; 21 Apr - 5.7; 7 May - 5.63; 23 May - 5.55; 8 June 5.50;  (got COVID on 12th June so held); 1 July 5.4; 15 July 5.32; 8 Aug 5.2; 15 Aug 5.1; 22 Aug 5; 19 Sept 4.9; 2 Oct 4.81; 13 Oct 4.71; (COVID Booster 17/10/22 so longer hold ); 1 Nov 4.65; 3 Nov 4.60; 10 Nov 4.55; 13 Nov 4.50; 17 Nov 4.45; 20 Nov 4.40;  2 Dec 4.30mg; 9 Dec 4.20mg; I discovered that the volumetric container measured 33ml rather than 30ml in Dec 2022. Following helpful advice from moderator OnMyWay (see her  reply of the 5th March) discovered taper with the dilution was 3.8mg (calculated by dividing 30/33 so that every 1ml of solution has  0.90ml of Mirtazapine.  7.50 - 0.90= 6.6ml which was the starting dose on 16th Aug 2021 not 7.5ml).  I decided to keep using the solution as I didn't want more change to deal with than I had to.

2023 17 Mar 4.1(3.7); 26 Mar 4.0(3.6); 14 Apr 3.9(3.51)28 Apr 3.8(3.42); 6 Jun 3.7(3.33); 19 Jun 3.6(3.24); 30 Jun 3.5(3.1); 19 Jul 3.4(3.06); 27 Jul 3.35 (3.01); 29 Jul 3.3 (2.97); 4 Aug 3.25 (2.92); 7 Aug 3.2 (2.88); 21 Aug 3.1 (2.79); 14.09 3 (2.7); 29th Sept 2.9(2.61); 15 Oct 2.8(2.52); 30 Oct 10 2.7(2.43); 13 Nov 2.65(2.38); 20 Nov 2.6(2.34); 26 Nov 2.55(2.29); 10 Dec 2.5(2.25); 

2024 - 14 Jan 2.45(2.20); 22 Jan 2.40(2.16); 29 Jan 2.35(2.11); 2 Feb 2.3 (2.07);15 Feb 2.25(2.02); 22 Feb 2.21 (1.98); 29 Feb 2.17(1.95); 7 Mar 2.13(1.91); 21 Mar 2.05 (1.84); 31 Mar 2.01 (1.80); 14 Apr 1.90 (1.71);

This is not 'medical advice' - my 'non medical advice' is don't get any more 'medical advice' or you may end up getting more 'medical treatment' i.e more drugs, DSM labels and/or ECT.   Please do not PM me thanks.

3 minutes ago, Oaktree1 said:

Please don't keep saying 'it only took a single drug a few weeks to destroy me' - that will go straight to your subconscious and make you weaker.  Say "f**k you" instead to it - use the anger that you have expressed against the manufacturers of the drug - turn your anger outwards. " I'm not going to let that (whatever term of abuse you want to use) beat me  - a successful professional married woman with kids who had a great life."  

I find it tough going dealing with withdrawal issues and what psychiatry did to my life from my early 20's on.  The anxiety starts to get bad from 5pm onwards so that I can find it hard to do stuff so what I do is keep on a  verbal dialogue with myself.  What I try to do is do 'one thing per day'.  It doesn't have to be a big thing - just one thing that I find difficult or tedious.  I also use loads of massage tools and lie on them on the ground and interchange them.  I find the pressure on parts of my body shuts down the rumination and worry in my brain as the pressure helps my brain focus on the sensation in my body.  That can can give me a bit of a window for an hour or so.  I got a great book about the roll method called 'The Roll Method' by Jill Miller an American yoga/physical therapist.  

I think also you need to trust your gut as to what you need to do to help yourself.   Your own intuition will help you if you can listen for it.   Please hang in there.

Oaktree

Thank you, I ll try to follow your advice. I am glad you are able to do a few things during the day. I ll keep u in my thoughts and prayers..

Symptoms while on zoloft

• Moderator Emeritus

@JesusSavemefromWDI sure can relate to how rough this is.  

Allow me to send you a giant hug that can protect you as you endure this spike.  The symptoms are so more than terrible, but they don't mean you won't recover.

Thinking of you--🙏🙏🙏

Arbor

Zoloft: 1995 - 2015

Prozac: 2015 - 2018 (tapered from 40mg x day on July 31 to 30mg on August 31 to 20mg on September 31 to 10mg October 31 to 0mg on  December 15, 2018

Gabapentin: 2016 to 2019  (tapered from 300mg x day to 150mg on August 31, 2019 to 75mg on September 15 to 50mg on September 31 to 25ishmg on October 15 to 0mg on December 1, 2019

Enalapril: 2010 - 2019

Lipitor: 2017 -2017

Metformin: 2000 - 2020

Liothyronine: 2007 - 2019

Levothyroxine: 2000 - 2022

1 hour ago, arbor said:

@JesusSavemefromWDI sure can relate to how rough this is.  

Allow me to send you a giant hug that can protect you as you endure this spike.  The symptoms are so more than terrible, but they don't mean you won't recover.

Thinking of you--🙏🙏🙏

Arbor

Thank you …. How are u feeling? I am sorry you have been hurt by these drugs as well, I have been following your thread and u sound so strong. I hope and pray I heal for the sake of my kids but honestly the damage feels to strong to heal….. my vision is also so distorted that makes everything much worst …. But thank you again for the encouragement…. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

There might be good news for you.

Read into the reddit link. 

Someone found a connection between pssd/anhedonia and gut problems. Very very interesting to say the least. It may explain you're adverse reaction as ssris functions as antibiotics which can ****k up you're microbiom. I'm not shure if this explains everything for you but pls pls read into it 

Greetings 

Kosta

Edited by kostakonkordia

Nov 2019 to march 2020 tapered by 37,5mg to cero. (breakdown, minor w/d symptoms for a few days only panic attacks followed by deep depression came a month later duo to stress). 

Nov 2020 to April 2021 tapering by 15mg every month or so until I reached approximately 50 mg(no w/d symptoms) 

Since April 2021 tapered once by 5% and once by 10% of the last dose because I'm not stable enough for w/d. 

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

4 minutes ago, kostakonkordia said:

There might be good news for you.

Read into the reddit link. 

Someone found a connection between pssd/anhedonia and gut problems. Very very interesting to say the least. It may explain you're adverse reaction as ssris functions as antibiotics which can ****k up you're microbiom. I'm not shure if this explains everything for you but pls pls read into it 

Greetings 

Kosta

This is interesting but based on my background as a neuroscientist I appreciate that my symptoms have exclusively to do with brain defects …. Thanks for thinking of me and writing in my thread so often. How are you doing ?

Symptoms while on zoloft

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

37 minutes ago, kostakonkordia said:

I don’t doubt the gut - brain axis connection, there is extensive serious research on it. But other things stated in these links are not that convincing to me, I might be wrong. I don’t suffer from PSSD. I very much doubt I can correct my dpdr or Akathisia or my severe distorted vision by any means other than time and healthy diet and good sleep. If these links are true then it’s great news for PSSd sufferers but I am honestly not convinced…. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

Yes you might be right on that, but I would check my gut despite this. 

I don't want to push you on anything, I just thought there might be a connection...

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

8 minutes ago, kostakonkordia said:

Yes you might be right on that, but I would check my gut despite this. 

I don't want to push you on anything, I just thought there might be a connection...

No problem, as I said I appreciate you think of me and post in my thread. Just make sure you taper Effexor very very slowly so you avoid all nasty wd symptoms. I don’t want to see anyone else suffering as much as I do ….. not even my worst enemy 

Symptoms while on zoloft

@JesusSavemefromWD

I'm not saying this might be the cure for everything but microbiom disbalace can prolong healing I think. And overgrowth of bad bacteria(sibo etc)sometimes doesn't stop on its own. They even found microbiom disbalace in alot of mental deseases, for example schizophrenia. Obviously trauma is the cause for schizophrenia, and trauma is stress and stress are related to gut problems.

Ssris work like antibiotics so maybe they did something to you're gut. And maybe doctors will find something and this might help you cure faster. 

Also the overgrowth of bad bacteria creates toxins god know how they effect withdrawal. 

Hippokrates allegedly said "all disease begins in the gut". 

Think about it ;))). 

I wish you all the best, 

Greetings 

Kosta

Edited by kostakonkordia

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

I really don’t understand why I am getting worst after 14 months… this is unbelievable…. Akathisia, depersonalization and a feeling of my brain being mislocated inside my skull make every single daily a living hell for me. I have lost all positive emotions… it feels as hard as fighting with the devil …. For God’s sake I only took this poison for few weeks…. I know I keep saying this but it’s all I can think …. It was just few weeks …. 🥺

Symptoms while on zoloft

On 1/9/2022 at 7:46 PM, JesusSavemefromWD said:

I think the vast of people heal but not all…. I am sorry you have been hurt by Zoloft as well. Same here trying to survive for my kids but I don’t know how much longer I can do this . I am glad to hear you can do ur daily activities even if you struggle. I can’t do anything…. Other than using my cell phone kind helps to distract a bit from the endless hours I spend in bed. If I knew I would heal in 2-3 years as this side says for adverse reactions, I d be able to do this … but not knowing for sure if and when makes this torture even harder. When you say you have seen stories of people suffering for 10 years do you mean short term users like us? You can look up David”s and Steven”s stories at the antidepressantrisk website if you want. I think of them every day and I feel so much rage against doctors and pharmaceutical companies. And this stupid justification “ oh it’s not the drug, there was an underlying cause”… well there wasn’t and even if there was an underlying cause it was just “sleeping” cause I was fine, happy, functional, an active mother, wife, friend, professional, athlete …. I was doing it all …. Damn you Zoloft , damn you Pfizer and damn you doctor I trusted putting me on Zoloft while I wasn’t even a tiny tiny depressed. 
My opinion is if you are able to go to school, work, and take care of your kids, you will recover eventually. Please keep in touch…

Sorry to hear you are getting worse 😔 Sometimes it might be worse before it gets better, who knows 🤷‍♂️

I better not read Steven and Davids stories, I can’t take any more negativity….If someone told me today, ”you wont heal”, then I would for sure kill myself. I have never been depressed in my life, I was just like you; a father, friend, athlete, professional and so on. I can still be all that but without any joy or libido…

Today I was lecturing in front of 30 new collage students and I was not a bit nervous. It’s like i dont have the power anymore to be nervous. I feel….nothing.

I dont know how those who still suffers after 10-15 years quit the pills and I haven’t read many of those horror stories to be honest. Yes most people might heal and yes I have seen cognitive improvements. Sadly I haven’t seen any improvement at all when it comes to the PSSD. Totally numb and non-sexual with a genital that is dead. I really don’t think this could heal, the damage is severe.

Are you talking any walks outside? Can you read a book? Watch tv? What you are going through sounds just sick and I understand your misery 🥲 You just have to keep fighting. Read the success stories over and over again. Those who doesn’t suffer from PSSD seems to heal in time but I have not seen many PSSD-healers….I have found maybe 5 stories all over the web….😔

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

2020 Sertraline 50mg (okt 2020 - Jan 2021)

27 minutes ago, Avicii said:

Sorry to hear you are getting worse 😔 Sometimes it might be worse before it gets better, who knows 🤷‍♂️

I better not read Steven and Davids stories, I can’t take any more negativity….If someone told me today, ”you wont heal”, then I would for sure kill myself. I have never been depressed in my life, I was just like you; a father, friend, athlete, professional and so on. I can still be all that but without any joy or libido…

Today I was lecturing in front of 30 new collage students and I was not a bit nervous. It’s like i dont have the power anymore to be nervous. I feel….nothing.

I dont know how those who still suffers after 10-15 years quit the pills and I haven’t read many of those horror stories to be honest. Yes most people might heal and yes I have seen cognitive improvements. Sadly I haven’t seen any improvement at all when it comes to the PSSD. Totally numb and non-sexual with a genital that is dead. I really don’t think this could heal, the damage is severe.

Are you talking any walks outside? Can you read a book? Watch tv? What you are going through sounds just sick and I understand your misery 🥲 You just have to keep fighting. Read the success stories over and over again. Those who doesn’t suffer from PSSD seems to heal in time but I have not seen many PSSD-healers….I have found maybe 5 stories all over the web….😔

Can’t do anything other than sleeping, eating, showering and screaming when the Akathisia hits really bad usually from 10 am to 4 pm.  So , I am completely disabled since I took my last Zoloft dose. I understand you feel bad but I think you are doing good and there is healing potential… being active helps the brain recover so you have high chances of full recovery. I ve tried to walk or do smg inside the house but Akathisia and DP get me on my knees if I put any effort on doing something, so in agony I run back into my bed …. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

8 hours ago, Avicii said:

Hey Avicii my friend, don't loose hope. 

Alot of people recover from pssd. 

It's best you go on the Reddit pssd forum. 

There you will also find the new theory on pssd etiology which connects this syndrome with gut dysbiosis. Very promising stuff I think. And dysbiosis is treatable.

So don't worry my dude. Healing will come for you too. 

Please read the following articles. 

Reddit article on pssd:

First part:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSSD/comments/q03uci/gut_microbiota_theory_how_i_finally_cured_my_pssd/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Second part:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSSD/comments/ryj0yo/gut_microbiota_theory_pt_2_pssd_is_an_autoimmune/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

I wish you all the best 

Greetings 

Kosta

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

@JesusSavemefromWD

Hello Jesus, I'm sorry you are still suffering that intense. I hope you will find some reliefe soon. 

Have you done blood work? 

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

21 minutes ago, LGTLGT said:

Lots of recovery stories in severe cases.... Bs... Bs... There is no recovery. Just the suffering 

You are still suffering from only 10 days of mitrazepam? How long ago did u take it? Is it sexual dysfunction you suffer or general inability to feel positive emotions? I don’t suffer from pssd but different severe symptoms that keep me bedridden… 14+ months now. But we shouldn’t loose hope for recovery cause then what are we left with? 

Symptoms while on zoloft

9 hours ago, kostakonkordia said:

@JesusSavemefromWD

Hello Jesus, I'm sorry you are still suffering that intense. I hope you will find some reliefe soon. 

Have you done blood work? 

I have done many tests, blood work, cut scans, immune tests for brain autoimmune diseases …. Everything is clear … all my suffering is Zoloft triggered …

Symptoms while on zoloft

4 hours ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

I have done many tests, blood work, cut scans, immune tests for brain autoimmune diseases …. Everything is clear … all my suffering is Zoloft triggered …

Okok, I still suggest you to go check you're gut. 

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

5 hours ago, LGTLGT said:

Lots of recovery stories in severe cases.... Bs... Bs... There is no recovery. Just the suffering 

Please stop with the negativity, that is not true, alot of people recover, i even think everyone... 

I know it's frustrating but please stop. 

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

12 minutes ago, kostakonkordia said:

Please stop with the negativity, that is not true, alot of people recover, i even think everyone... 

I know it's frustrating but please stop. 

The vast of people heal, but you have to understand that a minority has been severely hurt by these drugs suffering for years after they stopped. So I would not call this negativity …. I d call this despair and hopelessness from the long term suffering some people experience due to these poisons 

Symptoms while on zoloft

6 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

The vast of people heal, but you have to understand that a minority has been severely hurt by these drugs suffering for years after they stopped. So I would not call this negativity …. I d call this despair and hopelessness from the long term suffering some people experience due to these poisons 

Yes you are right... But saying noone heals is just bullsshit

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

17 minutes ago, kostakonkordia said:

Yes you are right... But saying noone heals is just bullsshit

I agree, the vast of people recover. I still maintain hope even for me that I have been severely hurt with Akathisia ,depersonalization, visual defects and other less horrible symptoms. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

On 1/12/2022 at 2:11 PM, kostakonkordia said:

@LGTLGT

Don't worry i'm gonna write you a privat message. 

Everyone’s case is different. One individual”s outcome doesn’t predict another’s one. I understand how you feel, I feel as hopeless as you , since my last Zoloft dose I haven’t had a single hour of normality, except when I sleep…. But some people here tell me 14 months is still early and I can still hope for recovery in 2-3 years. Not sure how I can manage to spend another  2 years in bed feeling like a zombie out of my body and with the only thing reminding me I am alive the Akathisia pain, but if I knew I ll heal for sure by the 2-3 year mark  it would make a huge difference….. I ll pray for all of us, that’s all I can do to help us…. This is unfair and unnecessary suffering and I hope God will save us one day.

Symptoms while on zoloft

Hello Jesus, this is the last time I'm going to write you about this. I don't want you or anyone to suffer that severely but if you still dont want to check you're gut then it is you're problem. I'm sorry. 

That is a message I received from the one who published the pssd theory:

"From what I've read it typically only takes a few months with a maximum of 14 months for 5HT receptors to return to normal counts. Back before I ever did any research I believed in desensitization theory also, it just seems like the most reasonable explanation. However there are countless holes in the theory such as the fact that some go 5+ years with no improvements (receptors should've upregulated by then), or that longterm 5HT antagonist use never cures anyone. Interestingly antibiotics are known for commonly causing akathisia and brain zaps, which suggests dysbiosis may be the root cause of those symptoms ad well. Studies also show dysbiosis is associated with anhedonia (https://www.nature.com/articles/s41380-021-01032-1#:~:text=Reduced%20gut%2Dmicrobial%20diversity%20(%E2%80%9C,clinical%20feature%20of%20chronic%20fatigue.) And if you google "depersonalization dysbiosis" you will see many people have cured their depersonalization by correcting the gut. Like I said in my post 95% of serotonin and 50% of dopamine are produced in the gut, so dysbiosis can result in pretty severe neurotransmitter imbalances which is why I believe this occurs. For your final question, I don't think anyone should take SIBO therapy at all until they've confirmed overgrowth of methane/hydrogen producers OR pathogenic LPS producing bacteria AND they've ruled out Candida overgrowth. This is why I use the term dysbiosis and not SIBO. Trying to treat yourself with a SIBO protocol when you have a different form of dysbiosis such as Candida could just make your symptoms worse. The assumption that everyone with PSSD has SIBO is totally wrong and it's a dangerous mindset to have. I do think it's safe to say everyone with PSSD has dysbiosis. I've already seen several cases of Candida overgrowth and overgrowth of pathogenic LPS producers. This is one of the reasons I now encourage people to get a stool microbiome test done first rather than a SIBO test. A SIBO test ONLY accounts for overgrowth of methane and hydrogen producers."

I hope you change you're mind and think about getting a stool microbiom test. It probably isn't the answer about everything but the correlations are very strong, you as a scientist should see that. 

I don't want to be harsh on you but I had to say those things. 

Greetings 

Kosta

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

1 hour ago, kostakonkordia said:

Hello Jesus, this is the last time I'm going to write you about this. I don't want you or anyone to suffer that severely but if you still dont want to check you're gut then it is you're problem. I'm sorry. 

That is a message I received from the one who published the pssd theory:

"From what I've read it typically only takes a few months with a maximum of 14 months for 5HT receptors to return to normal counts. Back before I ever did any research I believed in desensitization theory also, it just seems like the most reasonable explanation. However there are countless holes in the theory such as the fact that some go 5+ years with no improvements (receptors should've upregulated by then), or that longterm 5HT antagonist use never cures anyone. Interestingly antibiotics are known for commonly causing akathisia and brain zaps, which suggests dysbiosis may be the root cause of those symptoms ad well. Studies also show dysbiosis is associated with anhedonia (https://www.nature.com/articles/s41380-021-01032-1#:~:text=Reduced%20gut%2Dmicrobial%20diversity%20(%E2%80%9C,clinical%20feature%20of%20chronic%20fatigue.) And if you google "depersonalization dysbiosis" you will see many people have cured their depersonalization by correcting the gut. Like I said in my post 95% of serotonin and 50% of dopamine are produced in the gut, so dysbiosis can result in pretty severe neurotransmitter imbalances which is why I believe this occurs. For your final question, I don't think anyone should take SIBO therapy at all until they've confirmed overgrowth of methane/hydrogen producers OR pathogenic LPS producing bacteria AND they've ruled out Candida overgrowth. This is why I use the term dysbiosis and not SIBO. Trying to treat yourself with a SIBO protocol when you have a different form of dysbiosis such as Candida could just make your symptoms worse. The assumption that everyone with PSSD has SIBO is totally wrong and it's a dangerous mindset to have. I do think it's safe to say everyone with PSSD has dysbiosis. I've already seen several cases of Candida overgrowth and overgrowth of pathogenic LPS producers. This is one of the reasons I now encourage people to get a stool microbiome test done first rather than a SIBO test. A SIBO test ONLY accounts for overgrowth of methane and hydrogen producers."

I hope you change you're mind and think about getting a stool microbiom test. It probably isn't the answer about everything but the correlations are very strong, you as a scientist should see that. 

I don't want to be harsh on you but I had to say those things. 

Greetings 

Kosta

Ok thanks. My opinion as a neuroscientist (thank God Zoloft did not erase my memory or cognitive abilities) is that adverse reactions have to do with altering the affinity of serotonin receptors rather than the number of receptors in the brain or the status of the gut. I believe the gut and nutrition helps the brain heal but it’s not the cause of any brain defects; the brain needs first materials (like aminoacids) from food to be able to synthesize serotonin . If I ever recover I am thinking of going back to research and testing my theory and try to provide scientific data rather than just assumptions … cause any opinion on WD and adverse reactions (including my own opinion) is just an assumption without scientific data supporting it. Take care 

Symptoms while on zoloft

47 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

Ok thanks. My opinion as a neuroscientist (thank God Zoloft did not erase my memory or cognitive abilities) is that adverse reactions have to do with altering the affinity of serotonin receptors rather than the number of receptors in the brain or the status of the gut. I believe the gut and nutrition helps the brain heal but it’s not the cause of any brain defects; the brain needs first materials (like aminoacids) from food to be able to synthesize serotonin . If I ever recover I am thinking of going back to research and testing my theory and try to provide scientific data rather than just assumptions … cause any opinion on WD and adverse reactions (including my own opinion) is just an assumption without scientific data supporting it. Take care 

Yes you're right it's just an assumption, the gut theory on the other hand has more data behind it. 

I just don't understand why you don't want to give it a try? 

Its like you are hungry and infront of you is some meal but you don't want to take it because you think something else will satisfy you're hunger... But ok I guess... 

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol