JesusSavemefromWD: only 3.5 weeks sertraline enough to destroy me

JesusSavemefromWD

6 hours ago, Kat66 said:

@JesusSavemefromWDI really hope you don't mind me asking, do you get days where you'd rather not be here any more? I only ask because I was feeling like that recently. All I can say is that, having done some research (well, time on here and on YouTube), it can take up to 3 years to recover, sometimes more, sometimes less, but there does appear to be a limit on it and we'll all get there in time. 

I don’t mind… every day I don’t want to be here not because of depression but because I can’t take the depersonalization and chemical fear/mental Akathisia. I try to stay strong for my kids but I offer nothing to them … I am bedridden and unable to do anything . I am pretty sure if the DP was lifting I d be able to function but it’s not lifting . I keep my hope it will one day as I ve read other people who had it following an adverse reaction and one day the miraculously recovered. Three years till healing is a high price to pay for just 3.5 weeks of this poison but that’s what I have been told by many people who had an adverse reaction.

I am sorry ur suffering so much , this is not fair. Please keep hope, the vast of people heal with time. Feel free to reach out to me anytime .,, can’t offer much other than remind u and myself that the brain has neuroplasticity that naturally moves towards the default stage , meaning brain status before drugs. 

Aug. 16-17, 2020, cipralex: went CRAZY! Recovered in 24hrs

Aug.28,2020; 3.5 weeks 25mg sertraline/4.5 weeks taper

Oct. 25: Last dose (4mg)

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

- sleep & appetite are fine

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

11 hours ago, Lilmizz21 said:

@JesusSavemefromWD

I am suffering with alot of these symptoms also. What about the brain disconnect/brain sensations did they ever improve?

Yes the brain disconnection went away about 3 months after I stopped the Zoloft poison. But my DP has stayed strong so I am not sure if what ur experiencing is DP or just brain disconnection. Do u feel like ur in a dream, like ur watching someone else living ur life, like ur a pair of eyes trapped inside ur body and seeing the world through windows (eye pockets?). That’s how severe DP manifests at least for me. Stay strong , time and faith is what takes to heal.

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

@JesusSavemefromWD the world looks different, it looks wavy.

When I look at the tv it looks crushed in and smaller..Its distorted as such. I went to see my son the other day and couldnt really make it out.

If that makes sense..hope you are having some good days lovely

Lexapro 10mg - 30th august 2021 - Adverse reaction

Amitriptyline - 10mg - 7th September - 30th sep 4 weeks

Amitriptyline 5mg -28th sep - 5th oct 

0mg ever since the 5th oct

12th oct - 1 amoxcillin and 2

metronidazole

Makes it 5 weeks 0mg so far

53 minutes ago, Lilmizz21 said:

@JesusSavemefromWD the world looks different, it looks wavy.

When I look at the tv it looks crushed in and smaller..Its distorted as such. I went to see my son the other day and couldnt really make it out.

If that makes sense..hope you are having some good days lovely

Sounds more like mild derealization or distorted vision. No good days for me, only good nights cause o sleep well. Stay strong ….

Symptoms while on zoloft

@JesusSavemefromWD

I'm thankful I sleep too..I wouldnt make it without it. 

You know you said your mind is clear, so you dont get the strong SI and the tortuous intrusive and obsessive thoughts.

Can I ask how mental akathasia presents itself to you? Cause I get so confused by this and was told this is what I have.

metronidazole

2 minutes ago, Lilmizz21 said:

@JesusSavemefromWD

I'm thankful I sleep too..I wouldnt make it without it. 

You know you said your mind is clear, so you dont get the strong SI and the tortuous intrusive and obsessive thoughts.

Can I ask how mental akathasia presents itself to you? Cause I get so confused by this and was told this is what I have.

I still get SI and intrusive tho but not as bad as in the beginning.

mental Akathisia for me is inability to mentally relax, like I feel trapped and have the constant need to escape, run away, I can’t even sit outside in my back yard. Hard to explain but totally debilitating , I think it’s linked to the DP but not sure 

Symptoms while on zoloft

Weekly notes:

Sleep (like a burning acid on top of my head, hygogernic hallucinations)

I dont even need to do times this week as it has been the same all week apart from one day without psychotic thoughts :(

All day for 6/7 days has been in bed fighting not to do anything to myself. Ever since my adverse reaction I have had this constant tortuous complusion to end it and this it is so strong. It is like a burning of the brain or a crushing that comes with it and it is a constant force to finish it. It is like relentless and tortuous all day.

metronidazole

5 hours ago, Lilmizz21 said:

Weekly notes:

Sleep (like a burning acid on top of my head, hygogernic hallucinations)

I dont even need to do times this week as it has been the same all week apart from one day without psychotic thoughts :(

All day for 6/7 days has been in bed fighting not to do anything to myself. Ever since my adverse reaction I have had this constant tortuous complusion to end it and this it is so strong. It is like a burning of the brain or a crushing that comes with it and it is a constant force to finish it. It is like relentless and tortuous all day.

I am guessing u meant to put this on ur thread? Hope u feel better soon 

Symptoms while on zoloft

This is the first month (month 13 since I quit Zoloft) that my period is back to it’s pre-zoloft state. Before zoloft it was 28 days cycle, after Zoloft and till this month it was 24 days cycle. This month is back to 28 days. Doesn’t give me any relief in symptoms, but it makes me wonder if my brain and body are starting to go back to the default state before zoloft? Sorry if TMI but this is the only good sign I can report in this dreadful and painful thread of mine…, any opinions/thoughts welcome. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

Just had mental health team come round and tell me that I am just traumatized from what the pill done to me and I'm putting it in my head.

While my brain burns, skull crushes into my head, severe SI, tinnitus, vision problems, cognitive problems, eye floaties, akathasia :(

they said we dont even know how to spell that

metronidazole

@JesusSavemefromWD Just curious if you've had any luck with Vitamin B12 sublingual supplements for DPDR symptoms? I've been doing some reading online and it seems others have had some luck with B12 helping their DPDR symptoms, but I'm wary about trying it. I've already had a bad reaction to a multivitamin making my DPDR worse. 

9/03/2021 25mg Sertraline

9/04/2021 25mg Sertraline

9/05/2021 25mg Sertraline

9/06/2021 25mg Sertraline

9/07/2021 12mg Sertraline

9/08/2021-Present 0mg Sertraline

Supplements: Fish oil, Magnesium body wash

5 hours ago, john856 said:

@JesusSavemefromWD Just curious if you've had any luck with Vitamin B12 sublingual supplements for DPDR symptoms? I've been doing some reading online and it seems others have had some luck with B12 helping their DPDR symptoms, but I'm wary about trying it. I've already had a bad reaction to a multivitamin making my DPDR worse. 

Haven’t tried B12 ….. too scared to try anything after what Zoloft did to me, only omega fish oil I take and doesn’t seem to do a lot for Dpdr .

Symptoms while on zoloft

8 hours ago, Lilmizz21 said:

Just had mental health team come round and tell me that I am just traumatized from what the pill done to me and I'm putting it in my head.

While my brain burns, skull crushes into my head, severe SI, tinnitus, vision problems, cognitive problems, eye floaties, akathasia :(

they said we dont even know how to spell that

A simple google search would educate them about what AD induced Akathisia is … I am not surprised they know nothing ….only time and God can help us, no one else.

Symptoms while on zoloft

On 12/1/2021 at 12:12 AM, JesusSavemefromWD said:

This is the first month (month 13 since I quit Zoloft) that my period is back to it’s pre-zoloft state. Before zoloft it was 28 days cycle, after Zoloft and till this month it was 24 days cycle. This month is back to 28 days. Doesn’t give me any relief in symptoms, but it makes me wonder if my brain and body are starting to go back to the default state before zoloft? Sorry if TMI but this is the only good sign I can report in this dreadful and painful thread of mine…, any opinions/thoughts welcome. 

I don't think anything is too TMI regarding body functions in withdrawal. There are so many weird things happening that we have to adjust to and make note of.

Any sign of normality is a good sign I think. My resting heart rate shot up from 60 to 90 and stayed there. On days where I check it and it's at manages to be 70, it makes me feel hopeful that things can even out again. Even though it does squat for my symptoms. I tell my self that we are healing even when we don't see it. 

On 11/30/2021 at 6:22 PM, JesusSavemefromWD said:

I still get SI and intrusive tho but not as bad as in the beginning.

mental Akathisia for me is inability to mentally relax, like I feel trapped and have the constant need to escape, run away, I can’t even sit outside in my back yard. Hard to explain but totally debilitating , I think it’s linked to the DP but not sure 

I'm sorry you are experiencing the feeling of being trapped and wanting to run, it's hard just to sit there with it. I am so glad your SI have improved and I hope to continue to do so. 

Current: Bupropion 450mg, Neurontin 800mg, Klonopin 0.5mg

History:

July 2020: started Cogentin 1mg, Lamictal 50mg, Zoloft 150mg, Zyprexa 5mg (+5mg as needed), Klonopin 0.5mg

November 2020: stopped all meds cold-turkey

February 2021: started Latuda 60mg, Lithium 300mg, Melatonin 5mg, Protonix 40mg, Topamax 25mg

2 weeks later: stopped Topamax, increased Lithium 900mg, started Klonopin 1mg, Lexapro 20mg, Neurontin 400mg

April 2021: started Bupropion 150mg, Revia ?mg

May 2021: stopped ReviaProtonixLexaproincreased Neurontin 800mg, started Celexa 10mg

August 2021: decreased Celexa 5mg (stopped Celexa 2 weeks later), increased Bupropion 300mg

September 2021: increased Latuda 80mg

October 2021: decreased Lithium 600mg for 4 daysLithium 300mg for 4 daysstopped LithiumLatuda

increased Bupropion 450mg, started Remeron 15mg, decreased Remeron 7.5mg, stopped Remeron

I have had my two Covid 19 vaccine shots (moderna), the first one 5 weeks ago and the second 2 weeks ago. I didn’t notice any worsening of my Zoloft adverse reaction symptoms, except being a bit more fatigued the first two days following each shot 

Symptoms while on zoloft

Thank you for your success story, I am glad you escaped the AD hell. I noticed you suffered from DPDR and you mention you still have it? I have been having really severe Dpdr after just 3.5 weeks of Zoloft. Almost 14 months off and only very slight improvements , it’s a pure hell for me, keeping me bedridden. I was wondering if I should reinstate (I know it’s too far out but how much longer can I wait for it to go away naturally? Is it ever going to go away?). I had bad side effects on the med but the constant severe Dpdr kicked in and stayed after I reduced to 5 mg and then 4mg and then jump to zero. I know there are no definite answers, I was just hoping to get ur opinion as someone who has suffered this evil symptom. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

• Moderator Emeritus

@JesusSavemefromWDPlease note I moved your last post off my success story and placed it here on your own thread so we can discuss your question about reinstating, although you answered it in your own post. You're correct that we don't recommend reinstating at 14 months out. I really don't have anything more I can add outside of the many posts I made about dp/dr in my benzo thread. It's one of many difficult symptoms that does decrease over time. Unfortunately, no one can predict how long each person will have to deal with this or any of the many other difficult symptoms. 

If any members have had serious visual disturbances following ssri discontinuation and have seen some healing with time, please let me know …. My vision is so distorted since I quit Zoloft and it would be very encouraging for me to hear from members who had visual issues resolved with time. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

I have yet to have vision problems. I know from being on this site too much that people have said they resolve from time. From what I have read, recovery time of this symptom as with every symptom varies from person to person. I wish I could be of more help.

I hope another member with personal experience can give you more insight than I can.

History:

July 2020: started Cogentin 1mg, Lamictal 50mg, Zoloft 150mg, Zyprexa 5mg (+5mg as needed), Klonopin 0.5mg

February 2021: started Latuda 60mg, Lithium 300mg, Melatonin 5mg, Protonix 40mg, Topamax 25mg

2 weeks later: stopped Topamax, increased Lithium 900mg, started Klonopin 1mg, Lexapro 20mg, Neurontin 400mg

May 2021: stopped ReviaProtonixLexaproincreased Neurontin 800mg, started Celexa 10mg

August 2021: decreased Celexa 5mg (stopped Celexa 2 weeks later), increased Bupropion 300mg

October 2021: decreased Lithium 600mg for 4 daysLithium 300mg for 4 daysstopped LithiumLatuda

increased Bupropion 450mg, started Remeron 15mg, decreased Remeron 7.5mg, stopped Remeron

21 minutes ago, ThatOneGirlStitch said:

I have yet to have vision problems. I know from being on this site too much that people have said they resolve from time. From what I have read, recovery time of this symptom as with every symptom varies from person to person. I wish I could be of more help.

I hope another member with personal experience can give you more insight than I can.

Thank you …. Hope ur doing ok

Symptoms while on zoloft

Mine has in some aspects, not what it use to be, maybe never will be but it has improved.

January -February celexa 40mg for 11 days. Adverse reaction cold turkey

April-May Zoloft for 30 days cold turkey. 

No further meds since then

Symptoms 

No appetite

Dpdr

Vision impairment 

Cognitive impairment

Severe memory lost

9 hours ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

Thank you …. Hope ur doing ok

I‘m mostly bedbound/homebound. Can’t take much stimulation, but I have very simple, nonviolent, nonintense, cartoons to keep me company when I am able to watch them. Have anhedonia so that makes things harder.

I see you got insomnia, I hope that clears or you found away to cope. Does the melatonin help? I am so glad to see your appetite has stayed.

History:

14 hours ago, Lostinwonderland said:

Mine has in some aspects, not what it use to be, maybe never will be but it has improved.

Thanks for your reply. What visual issues improved and what hasn’t? My left eye is fine but my right eye is messed up. Even though I am not blind from the right eye i cannot really see …. Very strange can’t explain it but I think it just makes my dpdr much worst. Is your DP completely gone after so long from ur adverse reaction? Can’t believe this torture for so long ….

Symptoms while on zoloft

2 hours ago, ThatOneGirlStitch said:

I‘m mostly bedbound/homebound. Can’t take much stimulation, but I have very simple, nonviolent, nonintense, cartoons to keep me company when I am able to watch them. Have anhedonia so that makes things harder.

I see you got insomnia, I hope that clears or you found away to cope. Does the melatonin help? I am so glad to see your appetite has stayed.

I am sorry ur bedridden/housebound, i am

tge same and find it very hard to believe this is still my situation after such a short exposure in these poisons. My insomnia only lasted 2-3 months (10th to 12th month, not constantly), it’s the DP and mental chemical terror that keep me completely disabled. The rest of the symptoms I could manage of the horrific DP would just leave…. Melatonin did help during the 2-3 months I had insomnia and I stopped it without issues when my sleep returned 

Symptoms while on zoloft

6 hours ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

I am sorry ur bedridden/housebound, i am

tge same and find it very hard to believe this is still my situation after such a short exposure in these poisons. My insomnia only lasted 2-3 months (10th to 12th month, not constantly), it’s the DP and mental chemical terror that keep me completely disabled. The rest of the symptoms I could manage of the horrific DP would just leave…. Melatonin did help during the 2-3 months I had insomnia and I stopped it without issues when my sleep returned 

Its absolutely unbelievable that this could happen to us. It is especially ridiculous considering the time you were on the drug. Chemical fear, is horrible. When it struck I would curl up in my bed as there was no where to run. I would tell myself ‘this isn’t a real feeling, it’s just chemicals’. Still awful. I hope the chemical fear is not constant. Im sorry your DP is unrelenting. I find mental symptoms to be the hardest as far as I can see. I pray the DP will let up and you will break through. 

History:

35 minutes ago, ThatOneGirlStitch said:

Its absolutely unbelievable that this could happen to us. It is especially ridiculous considering the time you were on the drug. Chemical fear, is horrible. When it struck I would curl up in my bed as there was no where to run. I would tell myself ‘this isn’t a real feeling, it’s just chemicals’. Still awful. I hope the chemical fear is not constant. Im sorry your DP is unrelenting. I find mental symptoms to be the hardest as far as I can see. I pray the DP will let up and you will break through. 

I can use all the prayers in the world, thank you, I ll be praying for you as well. The chemical fear is almost constant but it varies at its intensity. I think it’s linked to the DP. I could have never imagined this kind of torture from legally prescribed drugs. It has to end at some point, doesn’t make sense to be permanently damaged. I just wish we knew when it ll be over, the unknown makes things even harder. Are u feeling any better as the time goes by ? I have only seen minor improvements… but I guess that at least indicates I am moving to the right direction

Symptoms while on zoloft

On 12/1/2021 at 12:22 AM, JesusSavemefromWD said:

mental Akathisia for me is inability to mentally relax, like I feel trapped and have the constant need to escape, run away,

Hi @JesusSavemefromWD I was just reading down your thread and saw this. I get this a lot, and it’s very intense at the moment. I thought akathesia was purely physical but what you’ve described sounds so familiar, like your mind cannot settle to anything and you feel your only option is to escape? 

History of depression and anxiety. Symptoms of PTSD. 1998-1999 Venlafaxine 2006-2007 Prozac.2013-15 Sertraline 50mg. 2015 cross-tapered to citalopram 20mg. 2015-2021 Citalopram 20mg (brief increase to 30mg for 2/3 months in 2019. 01/2021 Dropped from 20mg to 10mg, back up to 20mg til June. 25/6/21 stopped CT. Started 50mg 5htp after a week without citalopram in the hope this would balance out my serotonin levels. After 3 days increased to 100mg 5htp. 11/7/21 Stopped 5htp with the intention of reinstating citalopram at 1mg. 16/7/21 Reinstated cit at 1mg. 2/8/21 Increased dose to 2mg. 28/11/21 10% reduction to 1.8mg.

8/12/21 2mg 6/1/22 1.8mg 10/2/22 1.6mg 13/5/22 1.5mg 4/6/22 1.55mg 4/7/22 1.4mg 4/8/22 1.25mg 1/11/22 1.1mg 3/3/23 1mg 18/4/23 0.9mg 2/6/23 0.8mg 4/10/23 0.7mg 11/11/23 jumped off @0.7mg started on 5htp 200mg -400mg, L-Theanine, and L-tyrosine 200mg. 25/11/23 came off 5-htp, l-tyrosine and l-Theanine. 24/12/23 went on 7.5mg mirtazapine. 27/12/23 stopped mirtazapine & reinstated citalopram @.35mg. 1/1/24 increased to 0.5mg. PTSD diagnosis October 2023. 11/11/23 started EMDR therapy for PTSD. Multiple unsuccessful attempts to taper off citalopram. Vegan, otherwise healthy lifestyle. Other medications; tapering off combined HRT. Other supplements; magnesium glycinate, vegan omega3. Completely OFF caffeine (since July 21). Finding it difficult to completely give up alcohol but haven’t had any since 25/12/23. Main symptoms; crushing depression, anhedonia/emotional anesthesia, irritability, rage, anxiety/fear, intrusive thoughts, cognitive fog, inability to focus, restlessness and some insomnia

I just wish we knew when it ll be over, the unknown makes things even harder.

If we had a set date, this would all be easier. What I wouldn’t give to count down the days. I myself have posted similarly. The fear of the unknown is awful. I remember reading an older member got through by saying ‘ok, this is one less day of withdrawal, this is one less week of withdrawal’.

Are u feeling any better as the time goes by ? I have only seen minor improvements… but I guess that at least indicates I am moving to the right direction

I may have wrote too long of a post. Short answers: yes. It was with no windows over a half a year, very slow. Then I kindled and I’m back to the bed. (Avoid drugs, antibiotics, alcohol and people are usually fine)  

long answer:
When I started WD I was plagued by anxiety and panic. I could not lay down. I could not pace. I could not sleep, eat, or drink. I constantly thought I was dying. It was non stop. I was soon put on gabapentin. I was now able to eat a bowl of oatmeal a day and drink some. But I could not move. I could only lie on my bed exhausted. I only looked forward to sleep. This lasted for a couple months before I could move around. It took about 7 months total for me to be able to go out. There was no windows but I slowly improved. Unfortunately Su*c*dal depression came after. My family desperate to help put me on Remeron. (For 7ish days) They know better now. It’s stopped the depression so I can’t tell how it would have gone from there. I got new symptoms from that. A lot have left for now. but I still have my unrelenting symptoms. (Anhedonia, body doesnt want food, fear caused by stimulation) It’s only been about three months since then. Healing is slow. Rosetta is proof of that. I know she had some unrelenting symptoms for a long time before she saw improvements.

10 hours ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

I ll be praying for you as well.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I believe prayers have power. Though I’m not sure how they manifest. 

History:

5 hours ago, Kat66 said:

Hi @JesusSavemefromWD I was just reading down your thread and saw this. I get this a lot, and it’s very intense at the moment. I thought akathesia was purely physical but what you’ve described sounds so familiar, like your mind cannot settle to anything and you feel your only option is to escape? 

Yes, a constant need to escape  but from what? and where to go? I call this mental Akathisia cause it just feels like my mind won’t let me sit and relax but it isn’t like the classic Akathisia that u need to pace. I don’t know how else to call it, it’s horrible . Sorry to hear u have it as well. These drugs are just evil

Symptoms while on zoloft

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

I call this mental Akathisia cause it just feels like my mind won’t let me sit and relax but it isn’t like the classic Akathisia that u need to pace. I don’t know how else to call it

Do a search online for cortisol and adrenaline.

And see the labelled diagram in this image for anxiety, especially "brain hijacked":

https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/anxiety-self-help/

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

@ChessieCat so as I understand it, mental akathisia is linked to the fight or flight response (which feels permanently switched on in WD)?

History of depression and anxiety. Symptoms of PTSD. 1998-1999 Venlafaxine 2006-2007 Prozac.2013-15 Sertraline 50mg. 2015 cross-tapered to citalopram 20mg. 2015-2021 Citalopram 20mg (brief increase to 30mg for 2/3 months in 2019. 01/2021 Dropped from 20mg to 10mg, back up to 20mg til June. 25/6/21 stopped CT. Started 50mg 5htp after a week without citalopram in the hope this would balance out my serotonin levels. After 3 days increased to 100mg 5htp. 11/7/21 Stopped 5htp with the intention of reinstating citalopram at 1mg. 16/7/21 Reinstated cit at 1mg. 2/8/21 Increased dose to 2mg. 28/11/21 10% reduction to 1.8mg.

8/12/21 2mg 6/1/22 1.8mg 10/2/22 1.6mg 13/5/22 1.5mg 4/6/22 1.55mg 4/7/22 1.4mg 4/8/22 1.25mg 1/11/22 1.1mg 3/3/23 1mg 18/4/23 0.9mg 2/6/23 0.8mg 4/10/23 0.7mg 11/11/23 jumped off @0.7mg started on 5htp 200mg -400mg, L-Theanine, and L-tyrosine 200mg. 25/11/23 came off 5-htp, l-tyrosine and l-Theanine. 24/12/23 went on 7.5mg mirtazapine. 27/12/23 stopped mirtazapine & reinstated citalopram @.35mg. 1/1/24 increased to 0.5mg. PTSD diagnosis October 2023. 11/11/23 started EMDR therapy for PTSD. Multiple unsuccessful attempts to taper off citalopram. Vegan, otherwise healthy lifestyle. Other medications; tapering off combined HRT. Other supplements; magnesium glycinate, vegan omega3. Completely OFF caffeine (since July 21). Finding it difficult to completely give up alcohol but haven’t had any since 25/12/23. Main symptoms; crushing depression, anhedonia/emotional anesthesia, irritability, rage, anxiety/fear, intrusive thoughts, cognitive fog, inability to focus, restlessness and some insomnia

On 11/30/2021 at 10:57 PM, JesusSavemefromWD said:

I don’t mind… every day I don’t want to be here not because of depression but because I can’t take the depersonalization and chemical fear/mental Akathisia. I try to stay strong for my kids but I offer nothing to them … I am bedridden and unable to do anything . I am pretty sure if the DP was lifting I d be able to function but it’s not lifting . I keep my hope it will one day as I ve read other people who had it following an adverse reaction and one day the miraculously recovered. Three years till healing is a high price to pay for just 3.5 weeks of this poison but that’s what I have been told by many people who had an adverse reaction.

I am sorry ur suffering so much , this is not fair. Please keep hope, the vast of people heal with time. Feel free to reach out to me anytime .,, can’t offer much other than remind u and myself that the brain has neuroplasticity that naturally moves towards the default stage , meaning brain status before drugs. 

Hi @JesusSavemefromWD, I'm really sorry I've only just seen this. I've not been on here much in the last week or so as I've been feeling so rubbish, but thanks for responding so honestly. Thank you, and likewise please feel free to DM me any time. I'll say it again, I'm so glad this site and other forms of support exist for us. We WILL heal!!! xx

• Mentor

I read this is the book The Antidepressant Solution by Joseph Glemullen M.D.

Akathesia has 2 sides or faces, outer “adjective restlessness” and inner, “subjective agitation”

The outer visible restlessness is caused by akathisia particularly and affects the legs and can be mild, moderate or severe.  In mild cases , patients find it difficult to sit or stand comfortably. They may adjust their posture frequently, shift their weight from one foot to the other while standing, or crossing  and uncrossing  their leg while sitting.  In moderate cases patients are more visibly jittery and fidgety, Tapping their feet on the floor or pacing.  In severe cases, patients are visibly agitated, find it difficult to sit still, and are driven to pace back and forth.

The inner “subjective agitation” of akathisia is, in fact, it’s more dangerous side .

This drug induced state can include anxiety, tension, irritability, hostility, paranoia, rage reactions and violence.

“Akathisia has been described in medical journals as causing “object terror” in patients. Akathisia is unlike anything the patient has ever experienced before.  Patients report: “ I feel like I am going to explode, like the molecules inside my body are all sped up, bursting against my skin”  “ I feel like my bones are like tuning forks rattling in my body.”  I feel like I am living twenty four hours a day with the sensations of nails scratching up and down a black-board.” “ I feel like I have caffeine running in my veins.”  “ I feel like jumping out of my skin.”

Writing in medical journals, experts describe akathisia as “more difficult to endure than any of the symptoms for which they (patients) had been originally treated.”  

The abnormal body sensation and anxiety make it difficult for patients to think clearly, leaving them feelings of confusion and unreality.  Indeed, as part of akathisia patients may experience  depersonalization, an” out- of -body- experience” in which they feel outside themselves, observing themselves, horrified by their suicidal or violent behavior, but unable to stop themselves.  Experts refer to the effects of akathisia as a form of “behavior toxicity” of antidepressants. 

On 12/14/2021 at 10:30 AM, JesusSavemefromWD said:

Yes, a constant need to escape  but from what? and where to go?

Boy does this fit my inner akathisia.  I also have body shaking, tingling in the body mostly arms and legs, inner restlessness, tense, brain panic and the frozen inside, fight or flight mode but feel frozen inside.. When really bad it can feel like I am plugged into a outlet brain and all.

So guess what we can get it from the drugs and in WD. 🥴

I am still perplexed  on how they say-----You will find the full affects when you start these drugs in about 2 - 12 weeks, Why in the world does it take our brains  months and months to return to normal........😥

You a neuroscientist  please tell me our brains are healing everyday😊

Do any of your peers know what is going on with all the destruction these meds can have on the brain and human body.  Do they participate in any development of these drugs?

Here is to another day of waiting it out and letting time pull us slowly into the future❤️

Edited by ChessieCat
unbolded text

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Lamictal  taper  4/17/ 2022 25mg, 9/9/ 22 -20mg, 9/25/22- 15mg , 10/20/22-   0

Trazodone..2023.>down to 14mg, 7mg, 6mg  July 2023   0

Xanax  0.0625 3 x a day,  2023>  0.042 3x a day

Supplements  Magnesium glycinate, Omega 3, D3, vitamin c , zinc, NAC 

9 minutes ago, Greatful said:

I read this is the book The Antidepressant Solution by Joseph Glemullen M.D.

Akathesia has 2 sides or faces, outer “adjective restlessness” and inner, “subjective agitation”

The outer visible restlessness is caused by akathisia particularly and affects the legs and can be mild, moderate or severe.  In mild cases , patients find it difficult to sit or stand comfortably. They may adjust their posture frequently, shift their weight from one foot to the other while standing, or crossing  and uncrossing  their leg while sitting.  In moderate cases patients are more visibly jittery and fidgety, Tapping their feet on the floor or pacing.  In severe cases, patients are visibly agitated, find it difficult to sit still, and are driven to pace back and forth.

The inner “subjective agitation” of akathisia is, in fact, it’s more dangerous side .

This drug induced state can include anxiety, tension, irritability, hostility, paranoia, rage reactions and violence.

“Akathisia has been described in medical journals as causing “object terror” in patients. Akathisia is unlike anything the patient has ever experienced before.  Patients report: “ I feel like I am going to explode, like the molecules inside my body are all sped up, bursting against my skin”  “ I feel like my bones are like tuning forks rattling in my body.”  I feel like I am living twenty four hours a day with the sensations of nails scratching up and down a black-board.” “ I feel like I have caffeine running in my veins.”  “ I feel like jumping out of my skin.”

Writing in medical journals, experts describe akathisia as “more difficult to endure than any of the symptoms for which they (patients) had been originally treated.”  

The abnormal body sensation and anxiety make it difficult for patients to think clearly, leaving them feelings of confusion and unreality.  Indeed, as part of akathisia patients may experience  depersonalization, an” out- of -body- experience” in which they feel outside themselves, observing themselves, horrified by their suicidal or violent behavior, but unable to stop themselves.  Experts refer to the effects of akathisia as a form of “behavior toxicity” of antidepressants. 

Boy does this fit my inner akathisia.  I also have body shaking, tingling in the body mostly arms and legs, inner restlessness, tense, brain panic and the frozen inside, fight or flight mode but feel frozen inside.. When really bad it can feel like I am plugged into a outlet brain and all.

I now realise I have akathesia from time to time. I didn't realise it has a name. It's got to be one of the most unpleasant symptoms. Just a waiting game until it decides to go away. 

Thanks for the description @Greatful xx

12 hours ago, Kat66 said:

@ChessieCat so as I understand it, mental akathisia is linked to the fight or flight response (which feels permanently switched on in WD)?

For me these two things (mental Akathisia and fight/flight) manifest different. The fight/flight is kind of a panic feeling which I get here and there but not constantly. The mental Akathisia is much different and it’s constant. It really feels like Akathisia of the mind, it’s not OCD, it’s inability to relax. For example, I try to sit in my back yard and I can’t cause my brain is telling me u can’t relax u can’t just stay doing nothing , so I am mentally forced to get up. It is like when someone is waiting for some life/death news and can’t find peace while waiting. For some weird reason (and thank God for that) I do not feel mental Akathisia when in bed, that’s why I spend about 18 hrs daily in bed , and the rest I get up trying to do smg inside the house. I am pretty sure my mental Akathisia is linked to the severe DP I suffer from. It’s like I am stuck in a dark room and need to escape because I can’t survive inside the room,  so how can I ever just sit down relaxed? I understand how weird all these sound, I have never experienced this mental torture before zoloft, not even during Zoloft, it is the discontinuation of Zoloft that brought this constant mental torture. I did suffer with bad symptoms the few weeks while taking Zoloft but they were not constant and not as severe as after discontinuation. I think my brain got addicted to Zoloft already after two weeks of use (I could feel the change in my brain like a shift after 2 weeks) and when I tried to stop it was already too late and I should have done a couple of years taper instead of 4-5weeks taper. Bottom line, idiot doctors and evil pharmaceutical companies have subjected me in non stop suffering for over a year now and if I ever recover I ll dedicate myself to increase awareness through my profession as a molecular and cellular neuroscientist. I promise that to every AD victim. If I ever recover……I ll start my effort immediately…. But recovery feels far away right now…. 

Symptoms while on zoloft

11 hours ago, Kat66 said:

I now realise I have akathesia from time to time. I didn't realise it has a name. It's got to be one of the most unpleasant symptoms. Just a waiting game until it decides to go away. 

Thanks for the description @Greatful xx

@Greatful

mental Akathisia has many dimension and in experience is as bad as the physical one. I have read this description before and I agree it can manifest with so many different ways but they are all torturous… bottom line it doesn’t matter how to name this AD-triggered mental torture we are going through , if we call it mental Akathisia, or mental torture, or inability to relax or whatever, my hope is it ll fade away as the brain is recovering.

Symptoms while on zoloft