Phoenixmama: cold turkey after 3 weeks on Celexa

Phoenixmama

PITTY PARTY BEWARE !!!!

On a negative note , I’ve been through my fair share of wd , following all the rules be super careful , not even fixing my wisdom teeth because I didn’t want to upset my system even had covid , when I finally got relief and turned a corner , here comes covid again to knock me down , but I still got up then when I survived that the day before my 10 covid day I get these stones… now I’m living in fear of getting an infection, thugging it out through the pain with no meds , wow I’m so damn tired ☹️

2021:  started celexa 10mg feb 2nd 

feb 25th took my last 10g; feb 26th 5mg; feb 27th 5mg; feb 28th 2021 cold turkey 

currently taking mag

@brassmonkey I found out what they have me at the er was toradol one dose through iv and one tablet of reg Tylenol, oh thank god it wasn’t that tramadol… I got freaked out lol

feb 25th took my last 10g; feb 26th 5mg; feb 27th 5mg; feb 28th 2021 cold turkey 

currently taking mag

@Phoenixmama

6 hours ago, Phoenixmama said:

wow I’m so damn tired

That's fair. I hear you. Battle weariness is real. 

You've been hit with a lot of unexpected unknowns in a short span of time and it takes its toll. I'm sorry you're going through this. 

Go easy on yourself, rest when and where you can, avoid undue stress. You know the drill. 

Wishing you moments of peace and relief, thinking of you and sending healing vibes <3

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

August 2021 - 2mg melatonin   August 1, 2022 - 1mg melatonin   March 31, 2023 - 0mg melatonin

2024 supplements update: electrolyte blend in water sipped throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil blend w/ morning meal (incl. vit. A+D+E); calcium; vitamin C+zinc

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

16 months today still in wd........ one day i will list what has gone and what is still with me but right now i'm in a wave... and in 8 hours i will be on a flight headed to las vegas for my little girls bday.... pray for me because im in a wave and still making it happen for my child 💜

currently taking mag

Hang in there @Phoenixmama

You will get through this.

The wave will pass and you will feel better.

Healing is happening all the time, even when we don't consciously feel it. 

Good for you for living your life and showing up for your kid! 

F*ck WD ;-P 

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

August 2021 - 2mg melatonin   August 1, 2022 - 1mg melatonin   March 31, 2023 - 0mg melatonin

2024 supplements update: electrolyte blend in water sipped throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil blend w/ morning meal (incl. vit. A+D+E); calcium; vitamin C+zinc

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

thank you @Ariel 🌞 i will do the best i can this trip to provide her her fun mommy ☺️

currently taking mag

i bet if i had more support in my home , well my family hasn't even known that i have been struggling with withdraw for 16 months , i mentioned it once to my sister when it first started and her words were " its all in your head , those pills been out your system" 💔 i'll always remember the heart ache from her saying that .... so i have been suffering in silence or blaming me acting tired (but really suffering from all kinds of wd symptoms).... im proud of myself but sometime i daydream about if i had close support in my home how it would be 🌞 sometimes it helps just to let people know what your feeling at the time and it wears off , if that makes sense 

currently taking mag

@Phoenixmama

Very sorry to hear you're going through this without close support. That's really hard. 

Your sister's comment stinks. Don't let anyone shame you or blame you or invalidate your experience. 

It's very stressful to suffer in silence. I understand that sometimes it's easier not to say anything rather than risk more toxic remarks. 

Many people find it difficult to communicate with family and friends about WD and get them to understand

There's a help topic about it: Helping Family Understand

Sending you a big hug <3

@Ariel (((((HUGS))))))) 💜

currently taking mag

@Phoenixmama

Thinking of you <3

I just wish i was normal , normal to get sick and take what i have to take like i use to.... my kidney stone has not came out yet its been one month and so many things can happen while its stuck in me. infection (uti) where i would have to take antibiotics and it would be gone .... days like this is when i go back to the regret of even taking celexa " WHY DIDNT I DO MY RESEARCH"!!!!!!! i feel like im in a bubble , i feel like I've walked a straight line in wd and almost got to the finish line and here comes another wammy to have me live in fear and ruffle my wd symptoms feathers , sorry for the negative nelly rant , i should be grateful i got this far 

currently taking mag

I hear you @Phoenixmama

Rant all you want! This is a safe space to vent. 

I'm sorry you're going through this bullsh*t. 

Sending you a hug <3

On a positive note - i was ok on my little girls birthday trip, flight there a wasnt too bad , 2nd day went to the pool in 105 degree weather lol wore my big  hat stayed hydrated and kept it to a one and a half hour swim time ,  she was happy with that... after that i got a headache and feeling a little high feeling but just pushed my way through the day with back to the hotel room rests in between.. 3rd day i was 100% my self and went all day with no rests in between lol felt great and slept so good that night flight back home was good , then i was just tired over the weekend , and had times of wd symptoms , im going to blame the plane ride on  my wd flare ups lol.... the symptoms im having now are just steaming from my kidney stones not passing i think , causing me to have intrusive thoughts and a slight high feeling..... 

What really matters is my baby girl had a blast and created memories with Mommy 💜🌞☺️

currently taking mag

Way to go @Phoenixmama

Happy to hear you rocked the birthday trip 

Anyone have info on the meds that’s ok to use during removal of a tooth , I may have to go this week it’s starting to hurt 

currently taking mag

• Moderator Emeritus

There is a topic about it.

Use a search engine and use:  survivingantidepressants.org dentist

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

so i made a dentist app for today at 4pm , i let them know i have a rotted out wisdom tooth and the molar next to it has also half way broke off , i am so scared , ive looked back at a message on my tread about which medications are best and that makes me feel better but im still scared out of my mind that i will have some adverse reaction to anything 

currently taking mag

• Moderator Emeritus

I ask for non adrenaline injection.  If I have the adrenaline needle I spend all the time in the chair trying to get my heart rate settled down.  The non adrenaline does not cause that and I can sit quite calmly whilst the procedure is done.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

I have to have surgery next 😫 to take the rest of the wisdom tooth out and the tooth next to it , they gave me antibiotics (amoxicillin) to take , but if I can get a quick appointment with the oral surgeon then I don’t have to take it , I called a couple places but they won’t be able to get me a consultation until the 25th of July , I’m so scared and I still haven’t passed my kidney stone 😞 when it rains it pours …. I miss Dec January feb March and April so bad , 90% my self most of the time with the occasional baby wave ❤️

currently taking mag

Ok next Wednesday I will have oral surgery, taking out my decayed wisdom tooth the broken molar next to it and another broken molar in the back on top , it as so hard when the doctor started questioning me why I only wanted to use the medication that I asked for , and where did I get my info about the medication ugh 😖 I just flat out told him story about my reaction to an ssri (that was hard ) but I stuck to my guns , even though he made me feel stupid…. So here are the meds I agreed upon , that I found in sa 

propfol - for surgery (IS THIS ANESTHESIA?)

amoxicillin- antibiotic 

carbocaine 

and I don’t know what I can take for pain , they offered norco, and ibuprofen 800 , I’m hoping all I need is reg Tylenol 

I took nothing but one half Tylenol and one dose of toradol in the er for my kidney stone and that pain was out of this world…. 

Any feed back on this would be helpful , but doesn’t seem like I get too much company on my tread anymore…. 

currently taking mag

• Moderator Emeritus

You can always do a search of SA to see if there is a topic or discussion about something.

dental-surgery-dental-medications-tooth-discoloration

cipro-levaquin-azithromycin-z-pack-and-other-antibiotics

surgery-and-anesthesia

3 hours ago, Phoenixmama said:

propfol - for surgery (IS THIS ANESTHESIA?)

Site search for propofol:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/search/?q=Propofol

Note the spelling:

Propofol

Propofol, marketed as Diprivan, among other names, is a short-acting medication that results in a decreased level of consciousness and a lack of memory for events. Its uses include the starting and maintenance of general anesthesia, sedation for mechanically ventilated adults, and procedural sedation.Wikipedia

• 4 weeks later...

Thinking of you @Phoenixmama

How are you going? 

<3

• 2 weeks later...

18 months into wd  on aug 28th 2022...... 

currently taking mag

Today i have a weak feeling , and a brain that feels like it has a pulse... in the back of my knees i feel like a tight spot like my veins are tangled and my blood cant flow through also my arms have that feeling too... and my brain is telling my body that we are dying again lol😤

currently taking mag

• 2 weeks later...

i made it to Puerto Vallarta everyone 🙃 It was beautiful , everyday was something amazing , from sun bathing , to speed boating , to zip lining , to eating lunch in at a place with a ocean view and sitting at at table that our feet where in a pool ,... i had some anxiety on the flight which is normal for me and i did have some feelings of " i feel like im going to die right here this moment" ( intrusive thoughts ) but i made it and i did every activity planned , i cried a lot not because of a wave but because this time last year i never thought id be in mexico in the middle of the ocean in a speed boat with my best friends because i thought id never recover from wd... at this point idk if im even still in wd , i mean i do have a lot of thought and feelings here and there of feeling like im going to die or every little pain twitch or or head ache means i have a deadly illness idk about..... all i have to say is the healing is there it just may be very slow and we dont notice it.... My next trip thats in the making is Korea.....

Im also dealing with kidney stones and i truly believe that if i wasn't  i'd be 100% my self but i think the stones aggravate my wd 

currently taking mag

oh and just to let anyone wondering about my trip to the oral surgen , i took 

- propofol

- carbocaine 

- 1 and a half reg Tylenol  ( with this i split one into 4 pieces and took one piece over 4 days for pain )

- no antibiotics 

i did have a flare up of wd symptoms that lasted a week ( nothing too crazy though)

i had three teeth out one which was a wisdom tooth and two back molars 

currently taking mag

• Moderator Emeritus
5 hours ago, Phoenixmama said:

oh and just to let anyone wondering about my trip to the oral surgen , i took 

- propofol

- carbocaine 

- 1 and a half reg Tylenol  ( with this i split one into 4 pieces and took one piece over 4 days for pain )

- no antibiotics 

i did have a flare up of wd symptoms that lasted a week ( nothing too crazy though)

i had three teeth out one which was a wisdom tooth and two back molars 

Please post about your experience here:

dental-surgery-dental-medications-tooth-discoloration

• 2 weeks later...

19 months...... 

currently taking mag

• Moderator Emeritus

and ........?

@ChessieCat Hi how are you ? I @'d to ask you what do you mean by " and........?" did you have a question ? because every month I come back to MY tread and either journal what month I'm in in wd or  how I'm feeling in wd.... So that I can always come back and reflect... That's what I thought was allowed here on SA being that many many members do the same.... Unless I'm mistaken 

currently taking mag

• Moderator Emeritus

So it's 19 months but no information given about improvements.

• 1 month later...

From the beginning of my 19th I started having big waves they went like this 

1st 2weeks (of October)- heavy doom / fear of dying 

Next 2weeks physical symptoms   , chest pain that moved all over the place , headaches 

then November started and I was fine 95% my self for a week and last week I had a headache for two days then my period started and I got some weird symptoms , bad eye sight 

confusion , nausea, dizzy , forgetful , I just feel odd , really odd , I can’t function… I went to my doctor and she says I have migraines that causes all these symptoms… I was on the verge of admitting I was healed , which leads me to my question has anyone had this happen 20 months out and still in wd ? Or is it safe to say I’m healed and these are my natural migraines and symptoms… at this point I wish they are wd symptoms because I always know they go away….. 

currently taking mag

@Shep I’m not sure , but I’m sure I did have many head aches and odd brain sensation accompanied by migraine symptoms ( confusion, feeling weird , nausea ect)…. Thanks for responding means a lot 🙏🏻

currently taking mag

• Moderator Emeritus

Then it could be a wave. A lot of people have worse waves in the lead up to complete healing, so I would give it some more time, especially since you've already been proactive in getting checked out by a doctor. 

Hello @Phoenixmama, I do not know whether this will reassure you or not but I have a similar story.  At 20+months I was doing much better, still had symptoms but manageable and I had the best window, only for 1 week though and I thought I am healing or on the right path to healing.  I was wrong,  as I have had the most brutal and horrific wave for the last 5 weeks.  This has been my longest and most awful wave that has had an impact on my life much more so than the last 22 months.  From what I have read and as Shep has stated, that worse waves can happen near the end, I am holding on to this, hoping and praying that the end is near!! As others say, it is the cruellest of all journeys.  I am determined to write my success story so hold on as you have done for the past 19 months and I will look forward to your success story.  I hope this helps in a small way that you are not alone.

Started venlafaxine December 2016. Started to wean off Effexor over 16 months period and I had no issues at all. Stopped June 2020.  Unfortunately, I was under chronic stress from 4 deaths (1 was my mother) in the family amongst other things  and sunk back down in October 2020.  Rather than accepting this was chronic stress and grief, I panicked and went to the GP.

October 2020 prescribed Vortioxetine 10mg for 1 month and then increased to 15 mg ups advice from GP on for 7 weeks in total.  Had suicidal thoughts and off the wall anxiety.  Changed to Lexapro in mid December 2020, slow titration from 2.5mg up to 10mg.  After 7 weeks again off the wall anxiety. I was advised to take 5mg for one week and stop as I want to go 'au natural'.  Last SSRI was 30 January 2021.  

I was also prescribed diazepam and Zopiclone through the 4 months of taking SSRis to 'manage' the side effects and also for the withdrawal.   I am probably withdrawing from all drugs.